MAX2012里的&quot 转译回来;UI\MacroScripts&quot 转译回来;文件夹在MAX2014里的什么位置?

Discuss anything related to the development of addons for World of Warcraft, including help and support for writing code.
The discussion forums
are no longer available. Thanks to everyone who has participated over the years!
Hey everyone.
I'm needing help on how to set a default location for unit frames.
I friend was helping me make my own add on and this was the only thing we couldn't figure out how to do.
this is where i'm wanting it to go. http://s11.postimg.org/...
Hey everyone.
I'm needing help on how to set a default location for unit frames.
I friend was helping me make my own add on and this was the only thing we couldn't figure out how to do.
this is where i'm wanting it to go. http://s11.postimg.org/...
Is there any way to detect which arena a match took place in from the combat log?
Had a look through a few logs but I can't see any indicators.
(I have advanced logging turned on if this makes any difference)
by twicetimes
so I'm trying to revive a rather handy looking dead/abandoned addon, I know there are others out there that do the same stuff that are up to date but this one strikes my fancy.
the problem I'm having is that the check boxes in the main frame aren'...
by tartarusspawn
I am making an addon which when you use the slash command /cta the frame will hide and if it's hidden already the frame will show. Should be basic enough. However when I call MyFirstFrame_Frame:Hide() I receive this error:
``Message: :1: attempt t...
by tartarusspawn
Spent the best part of 3 hours trying to figure this out, I thought it'd be simple but it seems nigh impossible.
My best hope was (/wiki/API_GetBattlefieldStatus "/wiki/API_GetBattlefieldStatus") whi...
Hello I am looking to make an addon that would adjust the default price type in the auctions tab to per unit instead of per stack. I am wondering if this is possible and which if any of these methods would be the fastest.
a. I would do it with a s...
I am trying to create a meta icon that will show which spell is more beneficial to cast starfire or wrath in TMW.
I need something to
take my current cast time for starfire
calculate the energy i will have when starfire finishes (this involve...
by axedamage
Hi everybody.
I'd like to create a weak aura that check each raid members to find a specified debuff.
I have to know what position is mine in the raid (Raid11 for exemple) so I will only look for debuff on the Raidmembers from Raid1 to Raid10...
I just started learning creating wow addons.(It's been a couple of days)
I managed to learn how to listen to the event happening to me like following.
How do I listen to events happening to someone else? ( friend or foe in battleground)
local f ...
I've got an error when tried to create UIDropDownMenu in Vanilla 1.12.1:
Error: attempt to call global UIDropDownMenu_CreateInfo (a nil value)
AddOn: ThievesTools
File: ThievesTools.lua
My function in thi...
by staforddev
My wild guess is that all pets in a group have names "pet1", "pet2", etc. but how to check their settings?
Hey guys. Im not that great with .lua but I put together concepts decently. Heres my attempt at a question to any scripter who can help.
You can find the files here...
/taco/wow-ui-demo/tree/master/Interface/addons/ShadowedUni...
by .el3v3n.
Haven't touched LUA in awhile so I'm a bit rusty.
Basically I'm trying to add a chat filter along with slash commands, pretty straight forward. The problem is that when you want to remove the chat filter, it has no effect.
In my OnLoad functi...
I made a code that check if my target is friendly or not to display a certain texture on my wow.
The code works fine but if I target someone that is not visible to me (needing summons or outside of a raid) it gives me tons of Lua Erors.
Here is the...
by twocows
Currently hacking together my first addon and I have been trying to get a window i create to :Show() or :Hide() but i can not seem to find a correct event to hook into. I am specifically looking to show this window when the Pet Journal inside of the ...
by dustinb
Alright, so I'm completely new to this whole AddOn thing, but i just recently started turning scripts into AddOns etc.
As I am using the default blizzard raidframe for arenas, i wanted a way to make sure the frames stayed where i wanted them at al...
hello. is there some kind of 2d drawing lib to use on the screen?
Recently I made an external application that gathers all of the raids Items, Item Levels, Slots, Enchants, etc to make sure they're properly geared. However, I was hoping I could adapt this into an Addon for WoW.
I was mostly wondering...
by haaggis
I'm looking for script wich would tag 2c2 skirmish but i don't find it here.
/docs/api_categories
Could you help me ?
by margulda
Is there any chance the WowLua addon that is mentioned on your web site (/utils) will be updated to be compatible with the newest expansion of World of Warcraft?
Would it also be possible to put the addon
by jnwhiteh
I'm attempting to write my first addon while trying to learn LUA. I'm having trouble finding the exact API data to move forward with my code. I'd like to write it myself, but I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction with some bett...
by jnwhiteh
Hello Guys!
### Here is my project:
`#Wow 3.3.5 ()`
I want to get the **Guild Chat in real time from wow client** (so command /chatlog won’t work) and save it as a stream in a file (.txt / xml) or DataBase.
by jnwhiteh
Is there a way to check how many enemy players are in melee range/5yards.
10x in advance for the feedback.
by dramaquenn
Hi, I'm looking for an event which return the clicked item. For example: the Ctrl+Left-click on an item for the preview.
I haven't seen anything in the API documentation. But maybe I am searching in the wrong direction. Thanks for ideas or answers...
by ice-blaze
Is there a way to do this, or is it protected info?
I'm using Gryphonheart Items, and it seems to use channels somehow to do this, but it's a couple hundred lines of code, not to mention it's glitching.
There must be a simpler way to get a yes ...
by minimulenz
My addon SmartLoot has been long plagued by the issue of loot while in a group. So far as I have found, there is no way to /accurately/ determine whether an item can be looted while in a group. In the past I have tried comparing the item quality to t...
by minimulenz
Hey Guys is it possible to delay an event?
I have an addon which automatically "release the corpse" if the character has died :
local f = CreateFrame("Frame")
f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_DEAD")
f:SetScript("OnEvent", function()
by minimulenz
So I'm new to addon development. Simple question: Do I have to restart WoW every time I make a change (debugging) to the addon I'm developing? That seems a bit silly especially when I'm learning. I'm used to being able to tinker in a language and wat...
by minimulenz
How do i change the old grey Gryphon to a Lion in Main Menu Bar using the World of Warcraft(R) Interface AddOn Kit?
Extracting the "UI-MainMenuBar-EndCap-Human.blp" (Lion), to "World of Warcraft\Interface\MainMenuBar" won't work anymore.
It was as...
Hey there,
I'm relatively new to WoW programming, not so much to Lua, though in no way am I skilled with it. I'm looking to add a functionality to a pretty light-weight addon that I am making which will allow for me to complete multiple macros on ...
Is it possible to scan another player's stats and determine their current attack / spell power and defense?
I recently got an addon that can scan another player's items and display their ilvl and secondary stat priority in a tooltip. That's nice,...
by jnwhiteh
GetInventoryItemsForSlot() (/docs/api/GetInventoryItemsForSlot) isnt working for me. Wowlua says, the syntax isnt returnTable = GetInventoryItemsForSlot(slot), but GetInventoryItemsForSlot(slot, returnTable), fou...
Hello i have nearly not expirience in Lua, except 1 addon that i created when i write slashcmd command i get a frame that shows me in which level i can learn some skill, so i can avoid alt+tabbing, or going to trainer too often without need while lev...
by marciks
I tried to make a map as in game interface (when you press M). I extracted everything what I need from mpq. And concatenate images as much as I can.
After that I recive many images (/oARyqnE.png "this") or (/nRJFz...
by jnwhiteh
my problem actually has to do with a WeakAura string I was using in MoP. But the
question is regarding Blizzard frames and how they changed the Objective or Scenario frames.
The aura replaced the standard Timer and showed the steps of ...
by onlinerobbe
Greetings all! I am writing an addon that allows for keyboard traversal of the inventory bags, adding a menu system for each item to equip/use, move, split, and delete. I have noticed that if you try to simulate a right mouse click on an item that ha...
by jnwhiteh
Hello! Please bare with me as I am not very familiar with creating addons, and I am having a very BASIC problem which Ive researched for days and haven't found an answer for. Honestly, its almost embarrassing for me to have to post here but I have ru...
by jnwhiteh
i'm trying to change the tooltip on garrison report, on working orders icons.
i overloaded function GarrisonLandingPageReportShipment_OnEnter(self), wich seems to be the function that do it, but it isn't working. someone know what could be happening...
by jnwhiteh
I've tried for a few days now to make my own add-on for the garrison mission UI. It is kind of a hobby to relax from the day job. but this hobby became very frustrating...
I got stuck on adding a follower to a mission. I checked what other...
by jnwhiteh
I am a WOW Addon programming beginner , i was confused by how to start my first addon programming. is there some tutorial which can show me how to make a simple addon step by step ? include the envirment, code editor, how to build and debug your code...
by jnwhiteh
For friendly unit, I can use UnitInRange(), but it doesn't work for enemies. If I use IsSpellInRange(), it looks like that it doesn't check LOS.
**How can I understand that enemy (mostly in arena) is in sight?**
(If no direct API, I am ready fo...
by jnwhiteh
Hey I need your help,
I want to know how to chance the Blizzard Raid Frame Grow Direction,
the Standart grow Direction is from left to right and i want the opposite from right to left
hope you can help me :)
this is the code i am using to welcome people to my guild but I would like it to wait 5-10 seconds before sending the message... how do i do this?
local function ProcessSystemMsg(msg)
place = strfind(ERR_GUILD_JOIN_S, "%s", 1, true)
n = str...
by boodaah
Is there a way to get screen (2d) coordinates of name text (the one which is above the units in the game) and usually contains name, guild and so on?
It looks like this:
!(http://puu.sh/d6qOK/a710fed83a.png "http://puu.sh/d6qOK/a710fed83a...
by efindel
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read this request for assistance.
How can one use hooksecurefunc to hook onto a function attached to a virtual element's event?
I'm looking at Blizzard_GarrisonUI/Blizzard_GarrisonLandingPage.{xml,lua}, an...
by psychogears
I'm currently working on a Death Knight rune bar addon, with the purpose of presenting type of rune, and a ready state in each of the rune cooldown bars, by the use of gradients.
My question is, if it's best to create the 12 gradients (4 runetypes...
by uraniumdeer
I’d like to hide a frame based on a spell cast. But reading the API (mainly functions and events sections) I’m unable to find a way to get the actual queued spell.
Am I missing something?
Background: _I’m crating a rotation helper....
Several addons have broken because the API SetMapZoom() function can't handle the new values returned by GetMapContinents().
Here's an example from Archy:
for continent_id, continent_name in pairs(MAP_CONTINENTS) do
Archy:Print("Archy: Cont...
by squiretoad
Iam playing around with some stuff for comparing equipment. Cant find anything to get the binding status in my inventory: "bind on equip", "souldbound"
So, if you equip an item with EquipItemByName() and its boe, its pending for a con...
I've created an API which contains many rich information about spells.
Free for all to use, check it out (http://api.wowguild.co/api/doc/ "http://api.wowguild.co/api/doc/")
by chrisjohnson00
As the title says, I am trying to find a way to see if a certain Action bar is active. Such as if the default option in the ActionBars window in the game interface settings has the:
Bottom Left Bar
Bottom Right Bar
Right Bar 2
options ...
by rjengel2002
I just want to hide the "BattlefieldMinimapTab" but i dont know how to get it working.
local BattlefieldMinimapTab:Hide()
local BattlefieldMinimapTab
self:Hide()
Everything did result in lua errors. I...
by lightbound
Hello there :)
I was referred to this website by one of your members.
I have been using addons since vanilla & personally want to thank you guys for what you do.
I'm not sure if this is the proper website or forum, however I do have a reques...
by morbidsnake
Hello, I am very new at wow addons developemnt, but I am looking for a way you return the item name/id when it is ctrl+left clicked.
by rhnorskov
Been trying to edit a mod that I've been using for years but hasn't been updated to include Panda's.
I managed to edit it to the point where I could see the new pandaren/monk options but I've changed something else since then and now cant e...
I want to preface this with the fact that I am on a 2.4.3 private server. I am creating an addon and need to pass an itemid to a function. I'd love to be able to pass this through a slash command. (/mod )
When I pass this across, I'm not able to p...
by l3gsh0t
That is a lvl 85 paladin basic ability to stack more holy powers in background. I wondering to query that in my addons. Any tipp?
I am new to visible frames. As first "hello frame" i want to make a simple square shape visible white / recolorable frame on the screen into top left corner.
I made empty (well, almost empty) .toc and .xml files for run a "myonloadhandler()...
Im creating an addon that is used in raids. Of course, to troubleshoot the addon I need to be in a raid to ensure things function correctly. Is there an easier way to test in raid addons aside from logging into the game and looking for someone you ca...
by denythomas
Yes, I would like to have someone add me on Skype or have my Phone Number. The reason why is because I want to make an addon with someone. A really good addon :) and I want to learn more about LUA. I have programmed LUA about 5 years ago... BUT I for...
by brentsmith
As you know when you shift click any item while auction window is open, it writes item name to search box. what i wanted is make similiar function like this with ALT+click instead of shift click. i managed to hook up items in bags but i want to inter...
by sercankd
Hey there,
I'm trying to find out how to get the selected gossip index.
If you talk to a Stormwind City Guard you can choose serveral options like "Auction House", "Bank of Stromwind", "Stormwind Harbor", ...
If I click on on of these items,...
Good evening all.
Are there people who can write for Player?
--Target Health Percentage--
hooksecurefunc("TextStatusBar_UpdateTextString", function(textStatusBar)
if textStatusBar == TargetFrameHealthBar and not GetCVarBool("s...
I was hoping GetItemSpell() would do it, but I just get back nil.
Any ideas? I couldn't find the word tinker in the API at all.
local texture = nil
local slotID = GetInventorySlotInfo("HandsSlot")
local start, duration, enable ...
by android
For a research project I am making an add-on that gives your character diabetes. While doing this I realized that for the sake of my sanity(and anyone who reads my code later) that it would make more sense to create the array that contains all of the...
by amm4108
Hi! I'm new to programming addons, I've followed the book and got to the point where I wanted to see if my XML doc was doing what I wanted it to do but it doesn't show in game, am I missing something?
------------------
_Links are on htt...
by zovtarx
I'm working building an addon that will show all spell IDs, sir spell names and up to date spell names in a collapsible window in the API and I'm wondering how I can make this string work for my addon.... I am a noob to this so any help will be great...
by kingsmilie
How do I change the OnClick event for CloseButton when I'm getting it through the BasicFrameTemplate?
For example,
MyFrame has a close button because BasicFrameTemplate inherits a close button. I can see, using /Framestack that th...
by jnwhiteh
I'm brand new to wow addon development, figured I'd just jump in to create a quick addon I want to use but...I'm having trouble finding the method / event I need.
I want to track all received items, including the number of them, but a...
by jnwhiteh
Hey there.
I'd like to know if there is any way to run multiple slash commands of another addon.
I.E. let's say I have the following commands:
> - /tsm get Peacebloom 10
> - /tsm get Silverleaf 20
> These commands are used for TSM addon to ge...
by jnwhiteh
Hey there! I am new to wow programming, but I know a little bit about a few frames. One of them is the stealth frame, and I need help to make so when I go into stealth it will popup, (not as 'message("")' or 'print("")') :P Anyone who can help?
by thebrohman
Greetings, I am a nub at lua but have made progress this week but...I have been working on trying to update an abandoned addon and have made some progress in tweaking it to look better in the sense that it will place clickable links of the items conj...
by tactica
Can I Create Resources with Dynamic C# Code or Vb.Net ?? Please Answers My Question :)
by fajarharyu
Is it possible to do? I'm a programmer but have zero wow scripting knowledge. I'd like to write an addon that would capture certain interactions, then an external app would read the settings, do some work and update the settings files. The addon woul...
by paincake
Sorry - ignore and remove this please.
by Philburt
So I have "bind BUTTON2 MOVEANDSTEER" working fine, but when I run and want to drop my "Ring of Frost" for instance (having cast "Ice Floes" so I can channel while running) and hit mouse button 1 mouse button 2's MOVEANDSTEER is cancelled, and I have...
by angelhearth
i wrote an addon to position my frames on specific locations on the screen so i don't have to manually do it for each of my characters.
i'm now trying to make the buffs appear on top for the target frame but i can't seem to find any function...
by vivi168
Hello guys, I need a help with this bunch of code.
Itsi s designed to show class icons instead of portrait for players, and if the player is druid, then show his shapeshift icon. However, I could only get this working for player himself, it still sh...
Ok so this is a little off topic. But is there a way to pull aggro off a target if that target is not targeting the aggressor using Vuhdo as the macro plug in... Plus will vuhdo use c scripting if c script is the only way to accomplish this? Also if ...
by kingsmilie
Hey there everyone. I am writing my first addon and I would like to see which chat tab is open.
I would like my addon to detect whether or not the Combat Log tab is the current tab selected...
My addon uses recount to display data and I would l...
by kriogenic
There is a boss "Alysrazor" in Fireland content. That fight has got an extra power bar "Molten Feather", with value 0..3. How to query that ?
Let's say that: 1 npc is attacking me, 3 npc's are attacking my party members.
Is there a way to get an array or sth of all those npc's, so I can get threat status of 'em?
by efindel
I've been working on an addon to track when a Unit will fall out of combat in PvP.
An Icon is shown when each Unit is in combat and a Cooldown frame overlay to represent the time remaining before the Unit exits combat.
I am having trouble with Lag ...
I have a taint when I move the stance buttons (not StanceBarFrame) to the bottom corner using...
name = "StanceButton";
for i = 1, 10 do
button = _G;
button:ClearAllPoints()
if i == 1 then
by capadillo
It's a bit difficult to post the script itself in the correct format on here, but does anybody know how to finish this? 3.3.5 API casts vanish when blind is casted on me
if not OP_Vanish then
OP_Vanish = true
print("Console: Vanis...
by jnwhiteh
I'm not addons developper but adapt some addons to make it works on WoW TBC 2.4.3 (im playing on a private server).
Unfortunaly, my knowledges are still so limited and after dozen hours with no solutions I decided to ask for some help.
by aximute
I was reading your ebook and a I came across this in the beginning
name = “Alice Applebaum“,
phone = “+1-212-555-1434“,
address1 = “114 Auburn Street“,
address2 = “Apt 14“,
city = “Atlanta“,
state = “...
by jnwhiteh
Dear all who concerned with API Reference.
I'm Jayce Kim from KR realm.
I want to make some korean API guide by 's reference.
Unfortunately, I could not find any mails or contact information.
So, how can I contact ...
by jaycekim
I just started programming my first addon and I am still learning the ropes, I have a pretty solid programming background however. I have a snip-it of code that is supposed to create a blue box with up to 9 sub frames inside arranged in a ...
by jnwhiteh
Hey guys actually this should be quite easy but its just not working.
Im trying to Hide the Multibars connected to the MainMenuBar. It should work fine with the "Hide" function BUT its not.
Doing stuff like
- MainMenuBar:Hide()
- MainMen...
is there a way to make this work for me
name, _, _, _, _, _, expires, _, _, _, _, = UnitBuff("Target", "Rip")
if (name == "Rip")(expeires - GetTime()) if sec < 1 then retV = 1 end retV = 0 else
I want to have the Script read the name then look...
by jnwhiteh
Im wondering if there is a way to Turn Spells like Death & Decay into a one click Macro that takes the use of the mouse out of the equation? Click the macro and D&D Drops on your Current Target. Or maybe Key Bind it. or Both at the same time.
by kingsmilie
I want to have a mouse look that rebinds left and right click to hotkeys or macros.
So after some searches I found a Mouse Look macro that also manages to rebind left and right click to strafe. I am wondering if there would be a simple way to rebi...
by flammable
Hi there, according to: (/docs/events/PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED) there should be an argument passed with the event that indicates how the target was changed, for me no arguments are provided, any ideas?
Hi newbie here looking for some help. I am trying to move the Floating Combat Text though I can not find much info on it. I am able to hide it via `CombatText:Show() and CombatText:Hide()` but trying to use `SetPosition("CENTER",UIParent,"CENTER", 0,...
by demoted
I can't get this to work.
What I'm trying to do is use this to not play the flash animation at the end of a cooldown.
http://wowpedia.org/API_Cooldown_SetBlingDuration
I've tried 0 and tried 5000, any value doesn't change the flash animation pla...
Greetings!
I've created an addon that should do the same as /roll, but when trying it in-game, the function doesn't seem to work. The game doesn't return the incorrect command message, I'm not getting any Lua errors, but nothing happens from inside ...
by friddan
Here is some code i was trying to fix, not working correctly for me as its my first attempt at any lua code. Any tips on what i have wrong.
run function VanishBlind (Unit,Event,Event)
if sourceGUID == UnitName("target") then
if spellname==("Bli...
by jnwhiteh
Hello, im still new to lua programming, and ive been messing around with an outdated and abandoned addon, it still works fine, i just want to add a chat channel option feature either through a slash command or through the interface menu. ive tried lo...
by colonyl3
Hello everyone, I am trying to make a custom playerframe and have everything the way I want it except one thing. I cannot get the hp and mana bars to move via the addon. I can get the new texture to load, but colors will not load either. If I run cod...
by fixinf3
sorry for double post was a mistake
by fixinf3
Right now I've got some edit boxes placed in my frame.xml and I would like the user to be able to change these values, and these values should be saved for later use.
These values also have a default string, the variables are being sa...
by jnwhiteh
I'm currently developing this: /addons/black-market-tracker/ (yes I know, this is quite far from being finished, don't even p)
The main feature of it is to predict when an auction is going to end with up t...
by jnwhiteh
I'm receiving an error "Attempt to index global Box",
--frame.lua
This is the line: `Box:SetText("Dummy Text")`
The interface is located in frame.xml, and frame.xml holds the correct path to frame.lua
The addon works as intended, my sla...
by jnwhiteh
I am trying to write a script that makes the character execute one of the available animations in the game. In particular, the character has to point their ranged weapon at the current target and keep it that way until the character moves or ...
Not actually a coding or book issue, but this one has got me stumped.
My addon (Abigail) has been working nicely for some time now, and is available on a couple of addon websites, and has been tested against the most common addons for conflict iss...
by jnwhiteh
Hi, im trying to create a single clickable frame with the bg target.
I already make some working comunication with ace3 lib :
Select Target and send it to raid:
``BgCallTarget = LibStub("AceAddon-3.0"):NewAddon("BgCallTarget", "AceComm-3.0")``...
by pladombrowski
Hello everyone.
First I want to say, I'm using the API for patch 1.12.1.. I hope.
Trying to make a simple filter/autoloot what you want. Addon for vanilla WoW.
Been trying to put this together for hours but I just can't spot my error nor find ...
by qvintus
Hi, I use sliders in my addon, and are usually created using xml such as :
abiDeletingSlider1_OnLoad(self:GetName())
abiDeletingSlider1Text:SetText(...
by Philburt
This is probably a super easy table but I am getting stuck.
Basically, I want the addon to save all the spells in the players spellbook to a table or each one to a variable.
The end result (if it helps to understand what I am going for) is to h...
by hehling01
I've been spinning my wheels all day trying to get a frame to hide. The frame is from addon Bazooka and is called BazookaBar_1 when I use /framestack.
When I try to hide it I get an error attempt to index global BazookaBar_1 a nil value. Below is ...
by jnwhiteh
I've some problem to do template. In fact, it just seems like it does not inherit at all. Juste like i forgot to place inherits="" in my code. Because when i place the code template directly in my frame it work properly (just wanted to do a f...
by jnwhiteh
I'm trying to hide my bottom bar frames when the blizzard vehicle frame shows. I got the frames to hide ok for pet battles with this code.
PetBattleFrame:HookScript("OnShow",function() self:Hide() end)
PetBattleFrame:HookScript("OnHide",fun...
i am new to this wow addon stuff, i just made a simple addon to complete simple task in raid it works fine but i want to check who has addon or not, i looked up in google but unable to find some example code.
by jnwhiteh
Ok here's the deal, I have 2 characters on seperate accounts and they need to be both online.
First one has all the Variables/tables/information.
Second one needs to read those Var/table/information and use them instantly.
So basical...
by jnwhiteh
I want to thank the author of this book who led me to learn a scripting language.
I have a question about the scripts applied to a Frame Object, I tried to handle an "OnEnter" script on the Default ChatFrame for example by outputing a simple ...
by stolenlegacy
Hello, I trying to get the item's text example, in a enchant, get the effect of the enchant, or in a weapon or armour get the +5stam +5block, the text that we can see when we put the mouese on the item, and next show that info in a frame, the only pr...
by jnwhiteh
Hi, I want to display a Model/PlayerModel/whatever so it looks like it stands/sits/whatever around in the world. what I got so far:
local frame = CreateFrame("PlayerModel","mxpplayermodel",WorldFrame)
frame:SetAllPoints(WorldFrame)
by jnwhiteh
I'm attempting to write a section of code that will monitor a specific unit's health and do some stuff at a percentage. Specifically, the "boss1" unit. More specifically, Megaera.
I tried registering the event to my addon object (I'm using AceAddo...
by jnwhiteh
working on my own addon and ran into am dead end.
so basically what i want.
iv'e got my frame with texture. this texture should change if the target is elite, rare, normal, boss etc. but change should be done with SetTexCoord.
by jnwhiteh
Hello, i am new in this, and i have a question, how i can cast a spell when the user click in a button or frame? as in the healbot, i do click in a character and i heal them, because we can't use castspelbyname or similars
by roadmaster
Hello there! First I'd like to thank the authors of the book for setting up this nice website as a resource for WoW addOn programmers :).
1.) I have the first edition of the book, should I buy the second edition or will the first edition suffice?...
does anyone of you know an addon that would assign arena enemy numbers on nameplates ?
After couple days of searching I found just this one:
/downloads/info20062-Arena123WidgetIconsforTidyPlatesThreatPlatesBet...
by blingforfun
Hello everyone. I'm a new guy who's trying to get into the programming world. Now, I learned the basics, like the Hello World tutorials etc. My question is, what should I start doing now? I'm on my holidays so I don't have WoW installed. Before tryin...
Thanks for the post! with that I was able to get my menus to populate. I now have a new question. For the initialize function how can you pass the frame name as a variable?
UIDropDownMenuInitialize(Frame, DDMInitialize)
If I try to use a variab...
by Taborious
I'm new on developing wow addon. In want my addon to show target highest rating in 2s and 3s Arena. This will be display in the "character info" tab when you inspect someone.
Game version : 3.3.5
!(http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/877...
How do most addons/programmers detect when your group has wiped (i.e. a specific boss encounter has reset)? I can't find any events in the API on this site...
I am looking to make an addon to show the current total value of green armor/weapons in my bags. There is something similar in Zygor Guides that shows the current value of greys in bags. I have no idea how to approach or even attempt to do this so an...
by jnwhiteh
first post here!
I am using weakauras to monitor my current attack power. the function to do that is following:
function ()
-- Update every second only
= GetTime();
WA_STATS_LA...
I have 30 dropdown menus used on one screen of my addon. The selection within all of those dropdowns is based of the selection of a main dropdown menu on the page. So when the main dropdown changes the 30 others need to update their menu selections. ...
by Taborious
There seems to be some oddities in how the background and border textures work, and i'm not sure exactly why there acting funny.
For example if i put the following in my .xml file the code will appear to not work until. It will show an empty/invis...
Can anyone tell me how can i change language of Auction House(its on french and i need english) on my pandaria server. CODE ! THANKS !
by jnwhiteh
I am writing an addon for personal use. The script uses a loop that calls the function UnitBuff() **a lot** of times in a rapid succession, and I'm worried that it may cause problems with the connection. I don't mind my laptop slowing down.
My question is how to display window (frame) with some content to player when he is trying to exit the game (logout), wait until he press some button "exit" on that window, and only then really exit the game?
I am trying to work out PLAY...
by jnwhiteh
I have frame called MGMainFrame.
and this is part of my addon
screenWidth = GetScreenWidth()
height = GetScreenHeight()
GMMainFrame:SetSize(screenWidth, height)
I want to add new Label in LUA as child thi...
Hi, I'm familiar with creating buttons using xml, but the one thing i cannot find is how to have a tooltip appear on the button, although I can do this easily in lua as:
MyButtonName.tooltipText="The text to appear as a tooltip"
by Philburt
I'm trying to use Model:SetModel to display some game models (bears, mogu, what have you), and most of them load without any textures at all. What might be causing that and is there a way I could fix it?
by malsomnus
ok here is my issue, i searched for a few days and im really having a problem getting a border on this short bit o script, now my intent is to add the dialog box art file from wow to a border for this frame
local frame = CreateFrame("frame", "L...
by malsomnus
I'm trying to set a backdrop. The edge is visible but the background is not displayed (I get plain white instead). I've checked the book to check the structure and the path to the picture but both seem to be OK.
Participants:SetBac...
by stolenlegacy
Is there a function that I can use to get the specs of everyone in my raid? I can't seem to find any, which is surprising...
by jnwhiteh
Is there a way to get data about the game camera, for example so I can rotate a PlayerModel according to the camera's direction?
by jnwhiteh
I'm attempting to read the auction house after a query, where the print function is put in for debugging purposes.
I'm noticing the print function being triggered 3-6 times after a query is made and the auction list updates.
Since I will be reading...
by jnwhiteh
Is there an undocumented api, or a function that will allow me to read the current weather in the current zone?
by jnwhiteh
Hi, I'm new to the forum and my knowledge of lua are null, so we sought help from you who are professionals.
In the past used an addon for pvp, called DotaKillSound. The last version of the game supports this addon is 3.3.5a. I tried to change som...
I checked the event reference where there was no such event. Beside, how can I detect if my character is in the air/falling/diving?
by finalspace
I have a problem with tracking "Penance" interrupt. I use "SPELL_INTERRUPT" for this and it works perfectly for any other spell but when im trying to interrupt "Penance" it doesnt fire. Are there any solutions for this problem?
by revilated
How do I get this information?
My initial thought was GetCurrencyInfo but I don't see it listed as a return value.
by shabadoo
Bit of a strange one but I am currently conducting some academic research into increasing the accessibility of online games such as World of Warcraft for players with certain types of disabilities.
As part of this I am trying to create...
I'm trying to write an addon that will detect when my flask effect runs out, then pop up a button to let me quickly use a new identical flask without having to rummage through my bags... but I'm starting to suspect that there is no way for an addon t...
by jnwhiteh
Hello everbody,
First of all: Thanks for this forum. I dont know what I would do without it!
Now to my question: I have an array with important Spells/Buffs, that I keep track of. My problem is that I would need to know the spellschool of these...
by jnwhiteh
I'm trying to make it so that if the player is detected to be AFK, stuff is put into the chat window. Code:
function AFKCheck(self)
local isAFK = UnitIsAFK("player");
if isAFK then -- Display Text
DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:...
by garneth
I want to get Arena stats, like
"Player" || "Damage dealt" || "Heal done" || "Death" || "Kills"
Someone know how to get that ? I really searched but can put my hand on.
by stolenlegacy
For example, if I have a .lua file (declared in .toc and as ``), does WoW run code that is hanging freely in the .lua?
In my case:
require("klass");
gratzor_prototype = class:new();
gratzor_prototype:build({stuff});
by stolenlegacy
I am trying to add a configuration slider to my config window.
I can get the slider to show, but cannot figure how to show the text version of the slider position.
The slider shows up in my config widow and i am able to slide it but I want to show ...
by Philburt
Hello everybody,
I would like some help on me problem, please.
local EventFrame = CreateFrame("Frame")
local teamName, teamSize, teamRating, teamPlayed, teamWins, seasonTeamPlayed, seasonTeamWins, playerPlayed, seasonPlayerPlayed, te...
by chocobar
In combat, when we put cursor on the CompactRaidFrame, we can see the tooltip which I just want see it out of combat. I checked the Blizzard code and in "FrameXML/CompactUnitFrame.xml", I found:
Then I tried to write ...
by jnwhiteh
So I'm making an addon that tracks some of my auras, and allows me to move these little frames around. I used Frame:SetUserPlaced (true) to make the game remember where I placed the frames, and it works great... except for a specific one. Which is mo...
by jnwhiteh
**Hello. I have some basic questions i want to ask about the addon i just made for wow 3.3.5a version.**
The addon is working fine, but it doesn't respond to some lines in my code.
I am very familiar with c++ and javascript, but pretty new to L...
by c0untfl0yd
Hi, my problem is that I can't get the way to extract text data from Chat Frame, I manage a private server, and I would like to make a Ticket Reader Addon, the command for get tickets is .ticket viewonline and with this get a list of tickets in text ...
by jnwhiteh
Hey, sorry if this is a noobish question, but...
I'm trying to make an addon to track my Vengeance buff, and for reasons that I won't go into I'm trying to find it from `COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED` events.
Now, either I'm not doing this all wrong...
by Cladhaire
how can calculate how many enemy in combat with player ?
by jnwhiteh
I need some advice on the best way to handle syncing data across players. I am wanting to sync the most recent timestamp with everyone who's using the addon. Currently what I'm thinking is all players join a hidden chat channel and on an event...
I have the following piece of code extracted from a book by Paul Emmerich. However, I have been trying to use it and failing dismaly.
I am trying to extract the parameters from the vararg associated with COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED but it does not w...
I built a draggable frame, and within this frame are attached other frames. I made sure that this frame can not be dragged beyond the edges of the screen with ClampedToScreen. But the final frame can be dragged over the right and bottom edge of the s...
by jnwhiteh
Does anyone know how to get the ingame quest-ID from a quest in the questlog?
If you have the quest "Going, Going, Guano!" (Razorfen Kraul), and look at wowhead: /?quest=1109You see that it have ID 1109More websites use that...
Suppose I have the following in an .xml file:
I also have a lua function defined in a .lua file that when called with ...
by jnwhiteh
How can I get proper message about duration of my spell?
I've tried:
local button = CreateFrame("Button", "MyCastButton", handler, "SecureActionButtonTemplate")
local start, duration, enabled = GetSpellCooldown("Battle sho...
by jnwhiteh
Please, talk me why determine current stance of enemy warior with lua api?
UnitBuff, UnitAura dont work. This is possible?
by jnwhiteh
I have a working addon called Abigail, which stores its saved variables at C:\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\'my account name'\SavedVariables\Abigail.lua
The variables are declared in the .toc file as ## SavedVariables: abiPriceIndex, abiVariables,...
by Philburt
With these two codes can be displayed in the upper left corner of the screen the alliance and horde flags
XML: http://lua.nopaste.dk/p15839
Lua: http://lua.nopaste.dk/p15838
But when I try to build the frame in the function `UNITSCANNER_Icon_...
by jnwhiteh
I'm trying to build my own addon, and this code should bring up a frame when enter the world
the .xml fil...
by efindel
1, Im trying to use SendChatMessage to write to my "instance" group, worked before in partys but now it seems like u are in instance-grp when u play with others?
2, I cant figure out how to send "/played" to my chat soo it show my play'd tim...
by madmange
Although I have experience in other languages, I'm rather new to Lua within the WoW environment.
I have created a GUI with input text areas and buttons, using only Lua, which I would like to keep that way.
I've also learned how to drag a fram...
by pandemic
I'm trying create a button to use my hearthstone.
The top section of code creates a frame and displays some artwork on the screen.
the second chunk is supposed to create another frame and a button to go with it.
I can get it to show up on the scre...
I would like to test for, or have an event that notifies me when a unit (player) is under a stun fear polymorph etc. The only thing I've found is the UNIT_FLAGS event, but couldn't find any info on how to use it.
by jnwhiteh
I'm a lua beginner, trying to make a simple addon work as desired. It's a miniature panel that lets me queue for random bgs, arenas and LFDs through a simple click. I'm having a problem with the battleground queue, however. It works initially,...
I would like to create some frames in Lua rather than in XML but I'm having a hard time making the crossover.
I understand how to make the frame and place it in the correct spot in Lua, but i'm having a hard time attaching the background texture and...
by jnwhiteh
Hi again. I've noticed that since 5.04 there seems to a be a lot more items with identical names, but with different quality values. For example, "Ghost-Forged Helm of the Preserver" could be either a blue or a green item, with different stats.
by jnwhiteh
Quick question about /framestack.
I understand about it showing the frames under the cursor, but what about the coordinates in the corner?
I thought they should be the coordinates on the screen.
monitor is showing a max coordinate of ...
i am it should display an arrow above "focus" & "target" with colors as per friendly or hostility.
i am able to display arrows above nameplates but unable to hide them when no target.
i am sorry i am new to this WoW progra...
by jnwhiteh
I'm trying to parent the chat frame so when you start a new character the chat window won't go to its stock location and it will instead go to the location of the kgpanel that i have it parented to.
This seems to be possible with everything other th...
by jnwhiteh
I have a frame created via XML and I'm trying to dynamically create class icons as childs using a loop in LUA. For some reason I can't get anything to show up. I've also tried just doing a single texture and a single font string. I get no LUA errors ...
by stolenlegacy
Hey, I've been thinking about making a addon that will help alot with leveling in MoP. And I mean leveling while you are AFK or semi AFK.
The idea is to write an addon that when you die it will notice that theres a mass ress healer nearby (AREA_SP...
by stolenlegacy
This is my first post and I may miss something.
I would like to get the unitids of the NPCs around the character in defined radius or in the current subzone. I don't have the NPC in the target. The NPCs are friendly to me.
Is this possible? Or do...
by stolenlegacy
Hi I'm a newbie addon developer and I'm running into some trouble understanding the SPELL\_CAST_SUCCESS event.
I wrote a short block of code that is supposed to detect when a specific spell is casted and then trigger a cooldown frame I set up.
by stolenlegacy
I've been looking around for almost a week now and I've really not been able to find any definitive answer to my problem.
I have a load of DropDownMenu's (UIDropDownMenuTemplate) and I need to be able to find out their currently selected ...
Hi guys, I need some help with custom function for one addon (Weak Auras). Im trying to get name of Stormlash Totem caster and announce it to say channel. But Im not that good in lua so Im just trying to combine pieces of code together with no avail ...
by efindel
Hi, I'm running into some problems when trying to place 2 frames side by side.
This is an excerpt from my code:
IconFrame1 = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, MainFrame)
IconFrame1:SetSize(40,40)
IconFrame1:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", MainFrame, "TOPLEFT")
by jnwhiteh
Can I detect when global cooldown started and when it is ended?
by jnwhiteh
Can I determine if player's target is before player or behind player?
by jnwhiteh
I'd like to identify a NPC who said something in a chat. It's easy to detect the NPCs name via (/docs/events/CHAT_MSG_MONSTER_SAY "CHAT_MSG_MONSTER_SAY")). But the problem is that the names are nationalized. E.g. the NPC that...
by jnwhiteh
I've been looking for what has been literally weeks for a very small piece of information that I can't find.
How the hell do you find out if you're in a wargame? There's no function to return a specific value if you're in a wargame or not, and I'v...
by jnwhiteh
everytime i create an EditBox and give it a text with SetText("some Text"), the editbox seems to be empty. But I just found out that the box isnt empty, lua correctly parsed the text in it and scrolls so far away from the start that you cant see...
by anonyma
I've been unable to locate an API function or event variable to determine whether a unit is silenced or not, in the standard sense. Silenced meaning unable to cast spells.
GetMuteStatus Returns whether a character is muted or silenced on a chat ch...
by nefertem
Greetings everyone.
I have recently picked up programming for WoW addons, and the first project I've started with is a simple module which will allow you to select a raid boss, and the then addon will broadcast fight instructions to various channel...
by piscesmike
Hi Everyone,
Might be a very simple problem, but i searched for more than one hour and couldn't find an answer:
Is there any way to get the remaining time of an buff by spellID (BuffID)?
Currently I am using the UnitBuff function. But this funct...
by shagaal
I've been trying to create a simple addon to help my guild manage our DKP system.
One thing it does is keep a list of loot that has been auctioned during a raid.
What i want to do is display that loot in a list...which is not hard to...
I have a frame that is created via XML and let's say the dimensions are 300 x 300. In order to add a 32x32 texture to that frame via LUA, can I just tag it onto the existing frame as a child or do I need to create a new frame in LUA with t...
by darkscion0
Ok, so, i did the first exaple in the book -.- already having problems. At first the .toc file wasnt working, but i went into DOS and renamed it through dos then i finally got it to show up in the add on page of wow. Once i got past that step, the LU...
by dandaman
I'm trying to find out if there is a way to get the title of a quest using the questid.
The only thing I've found that is even close to it requires the quest to still be in your quest log.
I'm wanting to be able to return the quest title w/o having...
by nimiety
Hi guys, Iwant to move my buff and debuff frame when hit a button, i'm using Tukui Hydra edit t11 and i can't do it, any help is appreciated.
by Myrroddin
I am piggybacking on the Altoholic mod to determine if someone posts an item link in chat, it checks to see if I have the item. My function to check is below.
function GetNewCount(item)
Altoholic.Tabs:OnClick("Search")
by jnwhiteh
Good morning friends wowprogramming,
with the release of patch 5.0 I noticed a new feature that gives guild to view the reputation of every member of the roster, I wonder if there is any command API that returns me the reputation of members as the...
by deltoide
I have come across some instances where the UI XML inheritance does not appear to work. I was hoping someone here could help me out.
instead I had to copy the _AchievementProgressBarTemplate_ content from the Blizzard_Ach...
by jnwhiteh
Hey guys, I'm trying to work out how to display the queue times for LFD/LFR/RBG since 5.0.4 dropped.
I've got a chunk of code I'm trying to update for an "abandoned" addon as a fan update (The majority of the work has already been done by a spare au...
by jnwhiteh
I need to move the PetBattleFrame so it is below the TitanPanel bars. Unfortunately no matter what I try the top does not move. I can get the bottom part PetBattleFrame.BottomFrame to move.
In chat I have tried the below with the PetBattleFra...
by jnwhiteh
I am having an issue with parentKey in Lua.
How do you reference the parent key?
I want to do something like:
myframes={
PetBattleFrameBottomFrame = {frameName = "PetBattleFrame.BottomFrame", ...}
for index, value in pa...
by jnwhiteh
Hello, how to create working scrollframe? In the book it is described as to create on XML and me it is necessary on LUA.
Give a template of already ready ScrollFrame on Lua
by jnwhiteh
hi guys, i'm trying to change the color of the chat tab text. here is my code, tell me what you think about it, and, if you find, some errors.
(myresult is only one tabtext colored, the others are still yellow)
for i = 1, NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS do
by Myrroddin
Hi everyone! I want to preface this post by saying that I am currently in school for programming and have what I thought to be a pretty good grasp of the concept.
I am also very new to writing addons...
What I am trying to do is create an addon t...
by tomtomgo
Help me , whether there is such addon or how to do him, that addon collected information about things that on him is put character.
by jnwhiteh
Is it possible to write for example the current raid and their members to a text file? If so is it just standard LUA code to execute this?
by jnwhiteh
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to LUA and all that I've learned is how to create a escort
quest, scripting a NPC, making a custom flight/mount path and things like that. Now I have stumbled accros a problem. I am making a custom blizzlike server, wich is ...
by Myrroddin
Trying to figure out how to use the existing talent functions to get the name of the player's active talent tree - such as Assassination, Feral, Demonology, etc.
This is what I tried:
_, spec = GetTalentTabInfo(GetActiveTalentGroup(false,...
Specifically, Autorun. I'm trying to write a simple addon that tracks whether autorun is active or not. Being a beginner with both addons and programming in general, it's become quite the project.
I first thought of this addon while farming. I hav...
Hi guys, i have looked in very much sites to find it, but I didn't.
does anyone have a download for the hydra edit o tukui? for version 4.0 and/or 4.2
thanks in advamce
by jnwhiteh
I created a button in kgPanels that uses either the Hearthstone or The Innkeeper's Daughter, whichever the player currently uses.
I would like to have a mouseover tooltip that will display whether or not it is for the Hearthstone or The Innkeeper's ...
by jnwhiteh
#### Hello,
As far as I can see there is a community of WoW addon developers in here, and I really hope there are people with old experience in here as well. Thing is, there is pretty good private server for WoW client 1.12.1, and I am guild maste...
Hey i hope someone can help me with the issue im having.
Its basically i would like to change the way how the default raid frame sort works.
So i would like to change the behavior of the following function from the default raid frame (http://wowp...
by jnwhiteh
Hello. I am just starting programming WoW addons, and for the addon I want to make I need to output the questID of the quest you just accepted. I have a working event to output that you accepted a quest, but I've been unable to find a way to output t...
I've hit a block.
Let me explain what I have and what I'm trying to do:
I created a panel that when clicked, opens another panel with 6 *Buttons* on it.
Five of these *Buttons* place World Markers, and the last *Button* clears them.
The code fo...
by stolenlegacy
Hi everyone, got a bit of an odd question for you all. I need a way to get the current movement speed of certain players in a raid group. I found the GetUnitSpeed function, and tried this (for example):
``speed = GetUnitSpeed("raid2");``
Friends of wowprogramming,
I have these codes and would like to know if you have something wrong with the second line
local oficial = 0
local strings = {}
strings = "hi"
strings = GetGuildRosterMOTD()
by stolenlegacy
Hey All, hoping someone can lend me a hand here. :)
I've been trying to wrap my head around drop down menus for a while now, and it's surprisingly difficult. After following multiple examples and tutorials that don't work, I've hacked together som...
by aidevelopment
Is it possible to change the open chat tab?
also is it possible to see if the player has Guild chat broken into it's own tab.
I would like to programmaticly switch to the Guild chat tab,
if the user has 1 set up if not I would like to programmat...
by jnwhiteh
How to transfer a line from SetText so that it was not on the middle.
I do through \n it levels the text on center
by jnwhiteh
Hi, everybody. As to me to fix on a frame a macro?
On a frame it is possible to fix buttons and how me for a place of buttons to put a macro?
I created "Hello World" macro with the text of "Hello world" and how me a macro to place on a frame?
by jnwhiteh
My addon (Abigail) is up and running, and many thanks for your help in the past, however I've noticed that the tabs I've added to the auction house frame get wider if I close the auction house and then reopen it again.
My code is:
function a...
by Philburt
Hey everyone!
Im trying to build a scrip that works as a buzzbox.
When activated, "say" should be send to a specific channel, and and when deactivated, it should send to channel obviously...
The script i have so far is:
local cid = G...
by jnwhiteh
Hi. Help will create the button by pressing on which to write the personal message to that with whom I open a chat.
So still does a macro.
by jnwhiteh
I got spoiled by AceLocale-3.0, but now I no longer have that luxury, as I am writing Rift addons. The good news is that the Rift API isn't that different from pure Lua. Rift even has the local MyAddon, Data =
To that end, the methods suggest...
by jnwhiteh
Hello again. Once more I'm having problems at the auction house, but this times its when I try and sell stuff.
My objective is to eventually have a function that will search through my bags and allow me to sell all the items with one key press.
by Philburt
Good Evening,
I'm trying to modify an element of an existing addon (the xpBar from FreeUI, to be exact) so that it spans the entire width of my screen, and I'm having a lot of trouble.
Currently, it's setup like this (backdrop is the bar to whi...
by stolenlegacy
Hi. How to make addons which will write to print of coordinate of NPC on target?
I want to take NPC in target to register command /coord and that to me to print wrote NPC coordinates
by efindel
I'm trying to write an add on that saves a list each time I log out or exit the game. Basically my list will have my characters name, a date, & how much gold I have. I tried using a table for this but I think I may have been doing it wrong. Cause eve...
by killdnaction
Hi, everybody! At me such business...
Whether it is possible to break account having gm it is right? That in case of an input there was an error 132 or 134???
by jnwhiteh
Hi. How to make such team:
/ command test test
That it was possible to write down so:
/ co ma n d tes t test
And that it worked.
That there was a possibility to put gaps but team worked.
by jnwhiteh
I've got the following test code:
a = 'A_A';
print(a:match('^*(_+)*$'));
The printed result is nil. What am I doing wrong?
This expression should mean that following strings should match:
A_BBF_A12_13
And foll...
by jnwhiteh
I had written this mod about 2 years ago and of course with all the changes it does not work anymore.
Its a simple little program that I use to help me post glyphs on the auction house.
The problem is when I am setting up the item for auction.
by Philburt
For some reason my code is printing twice, and I can't figure out why. Any help would be appreciated.
local armorFrame = CreateFrame("Frame","Test")
local elapsedTotal=0
local curAvoidance=GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParr...
by res1233
I am going through my addon and trying to clean up global pollution. I found that all of my form widgets were polluting the global namespace.
I tried changing the names of the widgets to Foo.OKButton Foo.CancelButton etc, in an attempt to put all ...
Hey im trying to create a lua script that copyes what you send in "say" and writes a whisper automatically with the same text, to a predefined player. the whisper should not be visuable for the sender.
I have used a few days now on this, and i hav...
by acatiera
Hello dear wow programmer community
I am unexperienced in addon programming, but am not an unexperienced programmer overall...so Ive started just testing some stuff today which I want to use in an addon later. SO ive started with simple macros fir...
by stolenlegacy
As a new author this website and the accompanying book have been a great help.
I would like to create an addon which makes clicking a lightwell even easier and was wondering if the following sequence is possible:
Target Lightwell > ...
by kappamus
Hi guys, I have a weird question... If I were to make a custom XML file (one that does not follow the World of Warcraft UI spec) and saved it in the addon's folder, would it be possible at all to read this XML file into the addon's LUA script?
by jnwhiteh
My goal is to hide NPC namplates altogether but keep the friendly player and enemy player nameplates visible. I've only come across scripts and addons that just toggle the options that WoW gives you in the interface options. Is there a way to do this...
by jnwhiteh
I'm very new to WoW programming (former Objective C, Java programmer).
I've read about the basics and i'm wondering how to show an Icon on the screen with the Cooldown "watch" animation.
I just added an image to the screen but i don...
by stolenlegacy
The script with the issue:
/p/wow-dameter/source/browse/Dameter.lua
On my main character - which I was using to learn to develop addons - the print function stopped working. It use to work, but now... Other addons still work...
Hi all out there,
my skills in lua programming are very basic so, who wonders, i'va reached a dead end.
hope someone can haelp me out.
situation:
sreating suttons for
- open bags
- oamagmeter
so i wrote a Template for th...
by jnwhiteh
Hey guys it's me again
I've got a question about trimming a texture.
My problem is that I've got a border texture with rounded corners.
My Template
Welcome it's again Me
i need function to print message in WoW addon studio console
i try to use this ConsoleAddMessage() but does not work :/
Message should be show in this program i'm not sure is that possible
Thanks for help
by acidweb
Hi everyone,
is there a possibility to set the window width of a StaticPopupDialog ?
I am using it the usual way:
StaticPopupDialogs = {
text = "...",
button1 = "...",
button2 = "...",
OnAccept = function() end,
timeout = 0...
by jnwhiteh
Hi! I'm write next script: x=GetInboxNumItems(); for i=1,x,1 do AutoLootMailItem(i); The script works, but it collects only the first letter attachment. Where am I wrong?
by chemical66
So i've got this addon ever since vanilla, but they stopped updating it. It has worked fine up until 4.3 and now it doesn't work anymore, i've tried to fix it myself, but i can't find what's wrong ( i fail to find sites who list function...
by acidweb
This is only my second add-on and it seems I've made an error somewhere. I don't know if it's the actual code or I have syntax wrong. Please help...
link below.
edit: I've got it working but would like to implement a better flag for w...
by jnwhiteh
Made the other post i know, but idk how to make it :( First add-on i'm making. Could someone help?
I want the add-on to take what someone says in whisper and announce it in trade or a custom channel.
by chelkuhz
When using the Auction House, and putting an item up for auction that is a stack of say 20, two little edit-boxes appear under the icon of the item, allowing you to specify the stack size and number of stacks to apply your bid and buyout amounts to. ...
by Philburt
Ok so I wanted to make an add-on that announces what you say in Whisper. Example:
-: hey there
-Copying what
-2. : hey there
Is it possible? If it is can you help me do it please? Thanks
by chelkuhz
It is my 1st post about scripting. If post is in wrong place pleas remove him.
Ahh and my english it's not so good but i think evryone can understand me.
Im starting programing addons. I wont to code addons witch play sound when player whisper to...
I know the Blizzard tooltips take account of the quantity of an item when displaying the Sell Price, but I can't find my way through their code.
How do I go about reading the stack size of the object that is currently under my mouse. This could be...
by Philburt
Hello jnwhiteh. Please tell me how to use SendChatMessage value \n
by jnwhiteh
As part of a learning exercise I'm in the process of writing simple unit frames for my own use. I've noticed irregularities with regards to boss unit ids and the UNIT_HEALTH (and other) event/s.
I'm using SecureUnitButtonTemplate for my ...
What is wrong?
local function handler(msg, editbox)
local command, resst, ressst = msg:match("^(%S*)%s*(.-)$");
if command == "add" and resst ~= "" and ressst ~= "" then
print("command "..resst.." rest "..ressst.." ttt")
by jnwhiteh
Hi, I'm sorry for my english. Not my native language.
I want to make an addon that will keep those characters which I enter, and they prepisyvat points.
For example: / reducing Nitskname 100
That is to say / commands nitsk points
But I'm a no...
I'm writing an addon and I'm looking for a way to get the progress of the current instance (raid/dungeon/LFD/LFR) the player is in. What I'm looking for is the number of dead/defeated bosses in the current instance.
Please note:
1. This...
by istaran
which the code that checks the guild total activity of a player?
I have this code, but it checks the weekly activity and not the total
for i=1,GetNumGuildMembers()
GetGuildRosterContributionTotal(i) <= 250000
by fuskare01
I am trying to replicate AceEvent-3.0's UnregisterEvent and UnregisterAllEvents using table.remove, as Rift uses table.insert to register events. There is a great deal of information (/showthread.php?t=19906 ""), but thus far ...
by Myrroddin
I'm familiar with creating movable frames but would like to make one where only the title bar can be clicked to move it.
My goal is to allow mouse clicks through the general area of the frame but still make it movable.
I've created a ...
by kappamus
Hi. I copied the code from the "Fading Text Frame" snippet and added it to my addon. I then triggered it using the code: `MOD_TextMessage("Test Message");` - sure enough, the message pops up, but it doesn't go away after a few seconds. Am I missing s...
If I had two addons loaded, (addon1 and addon2), how would I get addon2 to hook a button click in addon1.
For instance, addon1 with a button called Button1, includes the XML script:
DoSomeCode();
by Philburt
Ok I have a problem. My script that I run on my WoWLua is not working. I've tried to work with SecureActionTemplate to run the cast with one click. The script is:
local button = CreateFrame("Button", "MyCastButton", handler, "SecureActionButt...
by jnwhiteh
I am relatively new to the whole scene of writing addons so bare with me. basically I need to find a way which I can determine if the character is mounted or not mounted. I tried looking thru the events and what not, couldnt really come up with anyth...
by alicethetic
I feel like I've missed something obvious. I've dug through the party, raid and unit functions.
I would like to know whether I'm in 10 or 25 man raid.
I found MAX_RAID_MEMBERS which is 40 and of course GetNumRaidMembers() but that give n/M not...
by android
Just a BIG THANK YOU to James Whitehead II for all the help you've give over the years. Not just to me, but other addon coders as well, because I've often got inspiraton for solving my problems by reading your replies to their problems.
My addon (...
by jnwhiteh
Is there anything wrong with these commands?
He should check (at the time I get into the game) who is more than 30 days off and remove from the guild
local kick = 0
local function onUpdate(self)
if kick == 0 then
if not ...
by deltoide
I am trying to register when other members in my party or raid, press need, greed, disenchant or pass on items beeing rolled for in group loot mode.
I think I can sniff it from the chat, but sometimes 2 of the same item drops, and then I can't sep...
by jnwhiteh
So I'm creating a table dynamic buttons/textures and I came across an interesting happening. I'm reusing the array and setting the buttons/texture variables to nil and for some reason they don't want to vanish off the screen. I know I can :Hide befor...
by jnwhiteh
Occasionally when I take a resurrection, the game client doesn't register it. Running /console reloadui fixes it, but the loading screen lasts long enough that if I have to do it in combat, I'll probably be dead again. (For a while, FollowFelankor ca.}

我要回帖

更多关于 quot什么意思 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信