i went to the art museum.it was _______ .i learn the ropes

英语作文求助.旅游景点;故宫,天安门广场,长安街.词数60词左右.Thursday,April 1stToday I went to the Palace Museum.It was cool.Then I__________________________________________________________________________________________________作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案
英语作文求助.旅游景点;故宫,天安门广场,长安街.词数60词左右.Thursday,April 1stToday I went to the Palace Museum.It was cool.Then I_________________________________________________________________________________________________
英语作文求助.旅游景点;故宫,天安门广场,长安街.词数60词左右.Thursday,April 1stToday I went to the Palace Museum.It was cool.Then I_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thursday,April 1stToday I went to the Palace Museum.It was cool.Then I walked along Chang'an Street.There were a lot of people.I bought a pen and a pair of shoes there.At last I went to Fobbiden City.It was the Royal Palace in Qing Dynasty.There also were many poeple,most of them were visitors.There were many beautiful things.I learned a lot from there.I was very tired at the end of the day.What a interesting day!举一反三(巩固练习,成绩显著提升,去)
根据问他()题库系统分析,
It was raining _______when ...”,相似的试题还有:
Everyone in the village knew who Ugly was. Ugly was a_1__with many&&&& injuries. His left foot appeared to have been badly broken .Ugly only loved two things in this world: eating garbage and ,shall we say ,__2 __.However, every& time someone saw Ugly there was the__3__reaction. All the children were warned not to___4_him, and the adult threw rocks at him when he tried to follow them. Whenever he found children, he would come running and putting his head against their hands. If you ever _5___him up he would immediately begin suckling(允吸).on your shirt, fingers, whatever he could find . One day, Ugly shared his love with the neighbour’s__6_dog . They did not respond _7_,and Ugly was badly treated . Even from the end of the__8_I could hear his screams, and I tired to rush to his aid. By the time I got to where he was __9,it was clear Ugly’s life was almost at an end. It must be_10_him terribly, I thought . Then I felt a familiar sucking feeling on my _11___. Ugly, in so much ___12_, was trying to suckle my ear. I pulled him closer to me , and he_13_suckled my fingers and watched me .Even in the greatest pain, that ugly cat was asking only for a little love ,perhaps some __14_.At that moment I thought Ugly was the most 15___and loving creature I had ever seen .Never once did he bite me, or even try to get away from me. He just _16___me completely trusting in me to relieve his pain. Ugly died in my __17__before I could get inside. He taught me more about __18__than a thousand books, lectures, or talk show ever could . He had been __19__on the outside ,__20_ I was on the inside .To give my pity and love to those I cared for.【小题1】A.catB.dogC.childD.bird【小题2】A.runningB.foodC.loveD.playing【小题3】A.interestingB.funnyC.immediateD.same【小题4】A.touchB.ownC.buyD.feed【小题5】A.warmedB.broughtC.pickedD.lifted【小题6】A.lovelyB.fierceC.gentleD.big【小题7】A.politelyB.foolishlyC.rudelyD.kindly【小题8】A.villageB.houseC.streetD.woods【小题9】A.lyingB.sleepingC.playingD.fighting【小题10】A.handingB.hurtingC.treatingD.hitting【小题11】A face&&&&&&&&& B. hand&&&&&&&& C.& ear&&&&&& D. finger【小题12】A pain&&&&&&&&& B. excitement&&& C. happiness&& D. worry【小题13】A.weaklyB.softlyC.warmlyD.gladly【小题14】A.careB.comfortC.garbageD.pity【小题15】A.beautifulB.braveC.curiousD.miserable【小题16】A.waited forB.tore forC.looked up atD.glanced at【小题17】A.armsB.roomC.carD.mind【小题18】A.lifeB.givingC.braveryD.struggle【小题19】A.desertedB.injuredC.destroyedD.damaged【小题20】A.andB.soC.butD.Or
This is a true story of how my car got stuck in water and how a stranger helped me during the worst rain storm. Last Sunday, the sky was grey when I woke up. The weather report said rain was coming, but I couldn’t stay home just because of rain.Around 8:00 am I had a doctor’s appointment. It wasn’t raining then. At 9:00 I left the doctor’s office to drive to work, and it was raining hard. I just had to go about 5-6 miles down one main road to get to a nearby school, where I could stay until the rain ended. Unfortunately, the road in front of the school was flooded, and my car stopped in the middle.“Who is going to save me?” I wondered. I shut off the engine and turned on my flashers (车灯). I called 911. They were not helpful. I called my husband, even though he couldn’t come and help me. I was also very close to a police station. But I never saw even one police car. I decided to get out of the car, since it was still pouring. My best decision of the day had been to wear rain boots. I took my umbrella and quickly got out and ran across the street to a shelter. Before long, a tow truck(拖车) happened to pass by the street. The driver kindly offered to help me. At that moment, I really needed car pulled out quickly, so I trusted the stranger. He pulled my car and drove me home. After he had dropped my car off, he also helped me check the engine. He said the engine was most likely flooded, but fortunately there was no water inside the car. Although many years have passed, I still remember that stormy day and the warm-hearted stranger clearly.【小题1】How was the weather when the author got up?A.Rainy.B.Cloudy.C.Windy.D.Sunny.【小题2】Which of the following is the correct order about the things that the author did?① Drove to work. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&② Drove to the doctor’s office.③ Ran to a shelter.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&④ Called 911 for help.A.②①④③B.②③①④C.①②④③D.①③②④【小题3】What did the author do after her car had got stuck in the water?A.She turned off her flashers.B.She tried to restart the engine.C.She went to the police station nearby.D.She got out of her car.【小题4】How did the stranger help the author?A.He lent his car to her.B.He pulled her car out of the water.C.He drove her to school.D.He helped her fix her engine.
It all started when I was two years old. My parents didn’t get along and got divorced(离婚). I hated that I couldn’t see both of my parents at the same time. So my dad, my younger sister, Alexis, and I went to live with my grandma and grandpa. We lived with them for almost six years. My mom, on the other hand, lived with her boyfriend Michael in Oklahoma. My life was really good, but when my mom called to check up on my sister and me, I cried myself to sleep. I missed her so much.My life at my grandparents’ house was really nice. And then on Friday, May 15, 2002, my grandpa died of cancer. I cried for seven days straight. My dad and his new wife were worried about me. So they took me to the doctor and they said that I was too sad and that I needed to find something happy and healthy to do during the day.I prayed(祈祷)to God every night saying that I was sorry for getting myself sick and I also prayed for him to take care of my grandpa. I still pray to this day. And now, at my mom’s house, she has a four-year-old girl, my half-sister, Macie. And I have my step-dad(继父), Michael, there for me. I really like Michael. He’s really good to me and my sister. And at my dad’s house, I have two little brothers, Blake and Justin. Blake is two years old and Justin is ten months old. I have so much to be thankful for, but I’m still looking for more.【小题1】 The writer had to leave her ________ when she was two years old.A.fatherB.motherC.grandpaD.grandma【小题2】The writer cried to sleep while her mother called to check up her because she _______.A.hated her fatherB.hated her father’s new wifeC.missed her motherD.missed her grandpa【小题3】We can infer(推断) from the story that ______A.The writer’s father and her mother didn’t treat her very well.B.The writer wished that she could live both her father and mother.C.The writer’s mother didn’t love her so she left her when she was only two.D.The writer was taken to the hospital after her grandpa died. And the doctor asked her to take much medicine.【小题4】Half-sister means the writer and Macie have the same _________.A.father but different mothersB.mother but different fathersC.grandmother but different grandfathersD.grandfather but different grandmothers【小题5】How many brothers and sisters does the writer have?A.2B.3C.4D.5Wendy。Do you know these countries?。the United Kingdom。Mexico。India。S..
扫扫二维码,随身浏览文档
手机或平板扫扫即可继续访问
八年级下册Unit9SectionA Have you ever been to a museum
举报该文档为侵权文档。
举报该文档含有违规或不良信息。
反馈该文档无法正常浏览。
举报该文档为重复文档。
推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='/DocinViewer-4.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口学年人教新目标八年级英语下册课件:Unit 9 Have you ever been to a museum Section A 1_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
文档贡献者
评价文档:
&&¥2.00
&&¥2.00
&&¥2.00
&&¥0.50
&&¥2.00
&&¥2.00
喜欢此文档的还喜欢
学年人教新目标八年级英语下册课件:Unit 9 Have you ever been to a museum Section A 1
课​件
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
大小:16.59MB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢小题1:A小题2:C小题3:D小题4:B小题5:B小题6:D小题7:C小题8:C小题9:C小题10:D小题11:B小题12:A小题13:D 小题14:A小题15:C小题16:A小题17:A小题18:B小题19:C小题20:A试题分析:这篇文章讲述作者在博物馆看见一对夫妇,男的失明了,妻子耐心的给丈夫描述每一幅画,丈夫有勇气不让失明改变他的生活,作者强调了这对夫妇之间的爱。小题1:考查名词:A.view观点,视角,B.touch 联系,触摸,C.wander徘徊,D.scenery风景,,作者想找个安静的视角欣赏美丽的艺术作品,选A小题2:考查名词:A.lady女士,B.man 男子,C.couple夫妇,D.clerk职员,从后面的句子:I was standing at the counter of the museum gift shop making a&& 44&& when the couple approached the&& 45&.可知在作者前面是一对夫妇在欣赏画,选C。小题3:考查动词:A.yelled叫喊,B.argued 争论,C.screamed尖叫,D.chatted聊天,从后面的句子:I watched them a moment and decided the lady was doing all the talking.可知这对夫妇在不停的聊天,选D小题4:考查名词:A.attempt 试图,B.patience耐心,C.wisdom智慧,D.independence独立,从后面的putting up with her& 40&& stream of words.可知作者佩服这个男子的耐心可以忍受妻子的滔滔不绝的话,选B小题5:考查形容词:A.vivid生动的,B. constant连续的,C. casual随意的,D. exciting令人兴奋的,从前面的the lady was doing all the talking.可知这个女士在不停的说,选B小题6:考查动词:A.Adopted 收养,采纳,B.Adapted适应,C.Conducted指导,教授,D.Disturbed打扰,从前面的I was looking forward to a quiet&& 36&& of the splendid artwork.可知作者喜欢安静,被打扰了,选D小题7:考查介词:A.towards 朝着, B.to到…,C.through通过D.from 从…,,作者在通过几个艺术大厅的时候又遇到这对夫妇,选C小题8:考查副词:A.anxiously 焦虑地, B. slowly慢地, C.quickly快地, D.sensibly明智地,理智地,每次我听到她不停的说话,我就迅速的走开了,选C小题9:考查名词:A.comment评论,B.decision决定,C.purchase购买,D.profit利益,从前面的I was standing at the counter of the museum gift shop可知作者在博物馆的礼品柜买东西,选C小题10:考查名词:A.entrance入口,B.queue排队,C.front前面,D. exit 出口,从后面的句子:Before they left, the man&& 46&& into his pocket and pulled out a white object.可知这对夫妇是靠近出口,选D小题11:考查动词:A.plugged插,B.reached伸出,C.held 拿,D.bent弯曲,这个男子把受伸进口袋,拿出一个白色的东西,选B小题12:考查动词:A.lengthened加长,&&& B.made使得,C.brought 带来,D.broadened变宽,把这个白色的东西拉长成长棍子,选A小题13:考查动词:A.led 带领,B. found发现,C.forced强迫,D.tapped拍,从后面的句子:Most of us would give up if we were blinded at such a young age.During his recovery, he made a promise his life wouldn't change.可知这个男子是个盲人,用这个拐杖是敲击地面,探路的,选D小题14:考查形容词:A.brave勇敢的B.rough粗略的,C.smart 聪明的,D.generous大方的,,从后面的解释, Most of us would give up if we were blinded at such a young age.可知他是勇敢的人,选A小题15:考查连词:A.wherever无论什么地方,B.whatever无论什么,C.whenever无论何时, D.whichever无论哪个,每次有新的艺术展,他和妻子都会来,选C小题16:考查形容词:A.wrong错误的, B.silly愚蠢的,&&& C.equal平等的,D.unique独特的,从后面的He sees a lot.More than you and I do,"可知作者说他看不见是错的,选A小题17:考查动词:A. describes描述,,B.draws画画,C.shows展示,D.decorates装饰从后面的句子:I saw the patience of a young wife describing paintings to a person without&& 54&& and the courage of a'' husband 可知是妻子给丈夫描述图画,选A小题18:考查名词:A.kindness 善良,B.courage勇气, C enthusiasm热情. D.pride 骄傲,,从前面的句子:"He's a&& 49&& man, " the clerk at the counter said." Most of us would give up if we were blinded at such a young age.可知作者学到勇气,耐心和爱,选B小题19:考查名词:A support支持,B.expectation期望C.sight情境,视力,,D.confidence自信,前面说这个男的是盲人,是没有视力的,选C小题20:考查动词:A.allow允许B.hope希望,C.get 得到,,D.cause使得,从前面的句子:During his recovery, he made a promise his life wouldn't change.可知这个丈夫不允许失明改变他的生活,选A
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
Bill White’s father is a lawyer. In his &&&&&time, he likes to get out in the country and take some &&&&of animals. For a long time, Bill had wanted to go with his father on one of his &&&&&. But his father didn’t take Bill along with him&&&&he was fifteen.He and Bill drove to the farm which &&&&&to his uncle in the afternoon. They&&&&the night there, so that they could&&&&&out early the next morning. Uncle Steve and his son Larry, who was sixteen, were going to go out with them. It was still dark when Bill heard the alarm &&&&&the next morning. He wondered why it was running so early. He couldn’t remember&&&&he was. He turned over &&&&&and looked at the clock. It was 5 o’clock. Then he&&&&that he was at the&&&&and that he was going out to take pictures with his father. He jumped out of bed and got&&&&&quickly. He ran downstairs. The others were already in the&&&&. Uncle Steve was cooking bacon and eggs. There was a pot of coffee on the stove. It&&&&good.They ate breakfast quickly. They didn’t talk&&&&, because they didn’t want to&&&&up the other people in the house. They filled a thermos bottle&&&&hot coffee and took some sandwiches&&&&Aunt Grace, Uncle Steve’s wife, had made for them. They gathered their camera&&&&and started out.小题1:A.busyB.spareC.enoughD.limited小题2:A.foodsB.drawingsC.paintingsD.pictures小题3:A.tripsB.busesC.animalsD.mountains小题4:A.afterB.whenC.untilD.unless小题5:A.ledB.stuckC.gotD.belonged小题6:A.costB.spentC.sleptD.took小题7:A.startB.beginC.walkD.step小题8:A.telephoneB.machineC.computerD.clock小题9:A.whereB.howC.whoD.what小题10:A.quicklyB.sleepilyC.quietlyD.suddenly小题11:A.imaginedB.pronouncedC.forgotD.remembered小题12:A.mountainB.townC.farmD.station小题13:A.dressedB.orderedC.eatenD.prepared小题14:A.bathroomB.kitchen C.studyD.bedroom小题15:A.seemedB.feltC.tastedD.smelled小题16:A.manyB.soundly C.muchD.highly小题17:A.wakeB.go C.putD.come小题18:A.ofB.with C.inD.by小题19:A.thatB.what C.afterD.before小题20:A.coverB.supplyC.operatorD.equipment(设备)
When it is Tom’s turn for a cut, Mr. Smith places a wooden board covered with a piece of red leather across the arms of the chair, so that the barber doesn’t have to bend to cut the boy’s hair. “Hey, young man, you’re &&&&&&, you won’t need this soon, you’ll be able to sit in the chair.” the barber says.“Wow,” says Tom, turning round to look at his dad. “Dad, Mr. Smith said I could be sitting in the chair soon, not just on the &&&&&!”“So I hear,” his father replies. “I expect Mr. Smith will start &&&&&&me more for your hair then.”In the &&&&&&Tom sees a little head sticking out of a long nylon cape. Occasionally he &&&&&&glances at the barber as he works. He smells a(n) &&&&&&of smelly sweat and aftershave as the barber moves around him, combing and cutting.Tom feels like he is in another world, &&&&&&except for the sound of the barber’s shoes rubbing on the plastic carpet and the &&&&&&of his scissors. In the &&&&&&from the window he could see through the window, a few small clouds moved slowly through the frame, moving to the &&&&&&of the scissors’ click.Sleepily, his eyes dropping to the front of the cape where his hair &&&&&&softly as snow and he&&&&&&sitting in the chair just like the men and older boys, the special &&&&&&left leaning against the wall in the corner. When Mr. Smith has &&&&&, Tom hops down from the seat. &&&&&, he sees his own thick, &&&&&&hair mixed among the browns, greys and blacks of the men who have sat in the chair before him. For a moment he wants to reach down and &&&&&&the broken blonde hair, to &&&&&&them from the others, but he does not have time.They reach the pavement outside the shop. “I tell you what, boy, let’s get some fish and chips to take home, &&&&&&your mum from cooking tea,” says Tom’s dad.Tom is excited and catches his dad’s hand. He is surprised to find, warming in his father’s palm, a handful of his own &&&&&&.小题1:A.building up B.sending upC.bringing upD.shooting up小题2:A.deskB.board C.couchD.sofa小题3:A.payingB.blamingC.chargingD.accusing小题4:A.mirrorB.book C.shelfD.catalogue小题5:A.stealsB.discoversC.returnsD.transforms小题6:A.lack B.memoryC.mixtureD.expression小题7:A.helplessB.noiselessC.fearlessD.thoughtless小题8:A.controlB.directionC.effect D.click小题9:A.immigrationB.oppositionC.reflectionD.assumption小题10:A.rhymeB.trail C.patternD.sound小题11:A.falls B.coversC.meltsD.explodes小题12:A.considersB.succeeds C.approvesD.imagines小题13:A.packageB.benchC.scissorsD.carpet小题14:A.treatedB.compromised C.finishedD.entertained小题15:A.Looking intoB.Looking forwardC.Looking upD.Looking down小题16:A.blondeB.redC.blackD.white小题17:A.send forB.find outC.gather upD.show off小题18:A.punishB.separateC.deliverD.confirm小题19:A.persuadeB.saveC.excuse D.relax小题20:A.moneyB.tipC.fishD.hair
The two teachers were sitting in the teacher’s room. For a moment there was &&&&&&&&&&. Then one of them, Miss Smith said “I’m afraid I’d have to &&&&&&&&&him.” “Now, Alice,” said her friend Mrs. Jackson, “is he such a terrible student?”“That’s just the &&&&&&&&,” the other woman replied. “Tom is my best student. The problem is that he’s now so lazy that he never gets&&&&&&done. He hasn’t handed me &&&&&&&&&of his homework for three weeks and I’d be surprised &&&&&&&he did now.” &&&&before had Mrs. Jackson seen Miss Smith look so unhappy. “Have you &&&&&&&&with him about it?” she asked.“Why should I? He knows he has to prepare his lessons and do his homework. I &&&&&&&&&that clear the first day for class. When the course started , he did so &&&&&&&&&&that I considered asking the &&&&&&&&to give him a scholarship (奖学金). But now he even &&&&&&&&&in class! I’ve never seen such a &&&&&&&&in a student.”“You should have a &&&&&with him. Give him a chance to tell his side of story.”Miss Smith spoke to Tom and &&&&&&&all about it. He was studying all day and &&&&&&&most of the night in a factory to pay for his education. Of course he was tired in the &&&&&and sometimes could hardly keep &&&&&&. Miss Smith soon arranged for him to have a &&&&&&and he was able to give up his&&&&&and concentrate (集中精力) on his studies .小题1:A.distance B.silenceC.pleasure D.delight小题2:A.failB.teach C.beat D.tell小题3:A.lessonB.thing C.troubleD.boy小题4:A.homework B.housework C.cleaning D.washing小题5:A.some B.plenty C.anyD.lots小题6:A.even B.if C.though D.when小题7:A.Long B.Until C.Ever D.Never小题8:A.quarreled B.talked C.dealt D.discussed小题9:A.said B.thoughtC.required D.made小题10:A.quickly B.often C.much D.well小题11:A.schoolB.classC.others D.parents小题12:A.talksB.sleeps C.laughs D.walks小题13:A.matterB.change C.habit D.way小题14:A.lesson B.look C.talk D.meeting小题15:A.studied B.gotC.learnedD.understood小题16:A.sleeping B.workingC.spending D.staying小题17:A.morning B.afternoon C.eveningD.night小题18:A.silent B.clean C.warm D.awake小题19:A.scholarship B.room C.teacherD.position小题20:A.education
C.job D.pay
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从36-55各题所给的四个选项A、B、C和D中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。Years ago, I worked at the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus. One day, as I was passing the elephants, I suddenly stopped, &&&&&&&by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. It was &&&&&&&that they could, at any time, break free, &&&&&&strangely enough, they didn’t. I asked a trainer the &&&&&&for this.He said, “When they were very young we used the &&&&&&size rope, and it was enough to hold them. As they grow up, they believe the rope can &&&&&&hold them, so they never try.”Like the elephants, how many of you believe you cannot do a thing, simply because you &&&&&&once before? Do you often tell &&&&&&“I cannot dance” or “I’m not good at math”? These are &&&&&&of self limiting beliefs. You must realize you’re &&&&&&for them. A limiting belief that says you’re poor at math may have &&&&&&as a reaction to the embarrassing experiences related to math, or the remarks made by someone important to you which &&&&&&you. The cool thing is that because you create the &&&&&&you can choose to change it! Here is how:First, &&&&&&it with “I am good at math”. Once you change your &&&&&, your subconsciousness will make this &&&&&by driving you to act. That might be to take a math course or to go online &&&&&&help, etc. Gradually you’ll really see your math skills are &&&&&.This is such a simple process that you can &&&&&&it today. Don’t be like the poor elephant and make your life &&&&&&at a place because of a limiting belief you developed years ago.小题1:A.excitedB.confusedC.discouragedD.worried小题2:A.impossibleB.doubtfulC.uncertainD.obvious小题3:A.butB.or C.andD.so小题4:A.caseB.resultC.reasonD.choice小题5:A.sameB.bigger C.smallerD.different小题6:A.narrowlyB.almostC.stillD.hardly小题7:A.didB.failedC.triedD.succeeded小题8:A.yourself B.othersC.your teacherD.your partner小题9:A.causesB.storiesC.resultsD.examples小题10:A.consciousB.honestC.responsibleD.depended小题11:A.stoppedB.referredC.changedD.originated小题12:A.interestedB.disappointed C.boredD.inspired小题13:A.belief B.experienceC.embarrassment D.remark小题14:A.representB.compareC.mixD.replace小题15:A.action B.thoughtC.aim
D.plan小题16:A.come trueB.run outC.on guardD.keep cool小题17:A.atB.by C.forD.in小题18:A.improvedB.judgedC.realizedD.recognized小题19:A.finishB.continueC.keep D.begin小题20:A.involvedB.stuckC.unfinishedD.changed
题型:阅读理解
I spend a lot of time backpacking and hiking the outdoors and there are two pieces of equipment that are with me on each trip: an Adventure Medical Kits Weekender and an Adventure Medical Kits Suture Syringe Kit. Both proved very helpful on my most recent adventures to the Wrangell in Alaska.On that day, we were “blessed” with rain, making our water crossing on the Dixie Pass very difficult. Our party of 12 had almost reached our destination when I slipped, severely gashing(划伤) my knee open in the process. While I could not see the wound at first because of the rain pants I was wearing, I knew it was severe. Blood was running freely and I made those standing nearby aware of the damage. They quickly came over to assist, pulled my pack off and removed the Weekender First Aid Kit and Suture Kit from it. Fortunately, one of my partners is a doctor called William, who has often performed this type of work in the operating room, not out in the wild. I seriously think he was more nervous about all this than me! I, of course, was more than happy that I did not have to stitch(缝合) myself up. As a marine, I’ve had to do it before. Fortunately, the sky had cleared up about two hours before, so we had great sunlight to work with. The doctor worked quickly with the assistance of another fellow camper acting as a nurse and placed seven stitches into my knee once the wound had been cleaned up. Later that evening we used a syringe(注射器) we set aside loaded with Iodine(抗炎药) to clean the wound and then bandaged it again. The doctor was very impressed with the kits contents! I’ve already ordered another Suture Syringe Kit. I have to say the kits are worth their weight in gold! Thanks for the contents in the kits!小题1:What does the underlined word “it” in paragraph 2 probably refer to?A.the wound B.the rain C.the kit D.the knee小题2:Why did the author think that William was more nervous while performing the first aid than himself?A.Because William didn’t know how to use the kits.B.Because the author didn’t trust William.C.Because the author hurt himself severely.D.Because William had no experience of doing it in the wild.小题3:From the passage, we can infer that the kits are__________.A.uselessB.extremely usefulC.troublesomeD.not essential小题4:What is mainly discussed in the passage?A.How first aid kits saved a backpacker in Alaska.B.How a doctor did the operation in the wild.C.How the author with 12 fellow campers hike the outdoors.D.How the author hurt himself.
It has taken 90 years since she was born in a poor house in County Limerick for a woman considered America’s oldest illegal immigrant to get her Irish passport.It will be a few more months before Josephine Stout will finally be declared a US citizen, entitling(赋于…权力) her to a pension and other benefits.
Despite having lived in America for most of her life since she arrived in 1923, the great-grandmother was declared an undocumented alien(华侨)in 1999, when she tried to claim state aid to help raise her seven grandchildren, who were left orphaned when her daughter was killed by a robber over$20.
Even though she has never considered herself Irish, noting “I don’t even have an accent,” she didn’t officially exist as an American when officials in Chicago insisted that she prove her citizenship in order to qualify for benefits. But she had no birth certificate or passport when she arrived on an immigrant ship from Ireland from Ireland with her parents, who had 12 other children. She never gave the matter much thought until 1999, when she was in her late 70s and needed assistance to raise her grandchildren. For 12 years, Mrs. Stout managed to support the family by doing various jobs. But her life was hard and marked by tragedy. Her husband died in 1996, and her son Thomas died in a car accident with his girlfriend in 1985. Her only surviving child, Rosemary, died of cancer in 2009.
A Catholic charity referred her case to Chicago Irish Immigrant Support(CIIS), which alerted the Irish Consulate(领事馆). Through them, they tracked down her birth certificate, the
reported. The document, in turn, allowed her to receive her Irish passport, and eventually her American green card in September 2011, which was dated back to November 1, 1923.小题1:What will happen to a person if he has no green card in the US?A.he cannot get any chance to get educationB.he can’t have a pension and other benefitsC.his citizenship will be taken awayD.he has to take illegal part-time job小题2:Josephine couldn’t be a legal immigrant because ______.A.she was named an undocumented alienB.she arrived in American in a secret wayC.She couldn’t find her proper certificatesD.She has too many brothers and sisters小题3:We can imply from the 4th paragraph that ______.A.Josephine lived a lonely life for many yearsB.Thomas was always driving carelesslyC.Josephine was a strong-willed womanD.Mrs. Stout, Josephine’s friend, helped her a lot.小题4:Please arrange the following events in the correct order according to the text.a. Josephine’s birth certificate was found.b. Josephine received her green card.c. The Catholic charity contacted CIIS.d. The birth certificate was shown on a website.e. Josephine was offered her Irish passport.A.a-b-c-d-eB.c-d-e-a-bC.a-d-c-b-eD.c-a-d-e-b
I decided to go back to school in the fall of 2008 after not being happy with my current job and financial status. I obtained my Associate’s Degree in May 2002 in Commercial Arts. After graduation, I had trouble obtaining a job in that field. For years, I was going from one job to another feeling unfilled, and I was not satisfied with the instability. I decided to go back to school for either International Business or Psychology. I weighed the pros and cons of both professions and Psychology won. I like helping my friends and family, when they go through hard situations in their life by giving them sound advice and being honest with them. Also, I was interested in “the mind”. I was searching for online schools because my work schedule at my current job would not allow me to attend a regular class. I was nervous about starting online classes because I heard mixed stories from other friends who were taking online classes. I decided to do it anyway to experience something different. I wanted to find an online school that was affordable and reputable. Through my search, I discovered Walden University, which is specially for working adults who want to obtain a bachelor’s degree or higher. The process of getting accepted was easy, which included writing an essay on why I wanted to attend their school, transferring my previous credits, etc. I am currently enrolled in the Bachelors program for psychology, and I am paying for college via financial-aid loans and grants. This experience has been interesting yet trying as sometimes it was difficult to balance work, school and home life. I learned a lot about psychology and myself. For example, I like writing about current events, relationships and traveling. I thought my English composition was ordinary, but after taking a few classes at Walden University, I improved my English composition and it made me feel confident enough to start writing professionally so I became a freelance (自由撰稿) writer. Currently, I am only three classes away from obtaining my Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology! It was one of the best decisions I made in my life.小题1:What did the author study originally when he was in college?A.PsychologyB.Commercial ArtsC.International BusinessD.English Composition小题2:What do we know about the author from Paragraph 2?A.He decided to study International Business at first.B.He wanted to study two majors.C.He liked Psychology better.D.He chose his major with the help of his friends.小题3:Why was the author nervous about starting online classes?A.Because he heard some negative remarks about it.B.Because he was worried that he didn’t have enough time to study.C.Because he feared he would fail the entrance exam.D.Because he was afraid that he didn’t have enough money.小题4:Which of the following best describes the author’s learning experience?A.Dull and challenging.B.Interesting and easy.C.Interesting and challenging.D.Dull and easy小题5:According to the passage, the author _________.A.was not able to find a full-time jobB.is most interested in writingC.pays for his schooling with the help of his familyD.is satisfied with his achievements.
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该选项涂黑。I still remember my first job in the city center. The &&&&&&&was large, dark and old &&&&&&&the physics lecture room was on the second floor. &&&&&&&, it wasn’t a lecture room at all, it was an ordinary room, but it had “LECTURE ROOM’ on the &&&&&&. The students were sixteen or seventeen years old, &&&&&&&several years younger than me. &&&&&&, some of them looked and acted &&&&&&older than me sometimes.The room was directly &&&&&&the street, and had the window looking out over the street and many houses. One day, I was &&&&&&some words on the blackboard when I heard a sudden change in the noise behind me. There was a man standing in the room with &&&&&&an apple in his hand. He looked &&&&&.“Who threw this?” he asked, looking round the class.“I beg your pardon? What is the matter?” I said. “&&&&&threw this apple out of the window,” he said. “It &&&&&&on my car.”“Who threw an apple out of the window?” I &&&&&&to the class. There was no answer.“I &&&&&&the fellow who threw this.” said the man. “I will be &&&&&&outside for you.” And then he left, closing the door behind him.&&&&&was silence and I continued with the lesson. At the end of every lesson, usually the class were all &&&&&&before the bell finished ringing, leaving me saying “That’s all for today” to an empty&&&&.& This time, when the bell went for the end of the lesson, no one &&&&&.& “That’s all for today,” I said. “You go first, sir,” said one of the boys. It made a nice change, I being out first.小题1:A.roomB.buildingC.floorD.city小题2:A.andB.asC.soD.but小题3:A.HappilyB.LuckilyC.ProperlyD.Actually小题4:A.floorB.groundC.doorD.window小题5:A.overB.onlyC.upD.almost小题6:A.In factB.In the endC.After allD.As a result小题7:A.moreB.lessC.veryD.even小题8:A.on B.aboveC.belowD.in小题9:A.gettingB.makingC.takingD.putting小题10:A.hardlyB.almostC.halfD.such小题11:A.angry B.kindC.sorryD.happy小题12:A.AnyoneB.OneC.WhoD.Someone小题13:A.hitB.defeatedC.landedD.arrived小题14:A.askedB.said C.talkedD.told小题15:A.hateB.find C.get
D.want小题16:A.waiting B.lookingC.finding
D.seeing小题17:A.It B.ThereC.This D.That小题18:A.walked B.left C.gone D.ended小题19:A.lesson B.classC.room D.lecture小题20:A.heard B.finishedC.spokeD.moved}

我要回帖

更多关于 thedayyouwent歌词 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信