i heard a lot about the foxstory饰品怎么样 of the fox为什么fox用单数

<: The Bottom Of The Fox: A True Story of Love, Devotion & Cold-Blooded Murder eBook: Shaun D. Mullen: Kindle Store
Windows Phone
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Flip to back
Flip to front
Audible Narration
Playing...
You are listening to a sample of the Audible narration for this Kindle book.
The Bottom Of The Fox: A True Story of Love, Devotion & Cold-Blooded Murder
Kindle Edition
Find all the books, read about the author, and more.
for this author
Are you an author?
"Please retry"
Eddie Joubert's midlife crisis had arrived right on schedule. He fell hard for the Poconos, a resort area in Pennsylvania where he bought a rundown tavern that became a magnet for an eclectic clientele that ranged from world-class jazz musicians to bikers to returning Vietnam War veterans. But the Poconos held a dark secret. When Joubert was hacked to death in 1981, it was yet another in a series of gruesome unsolved murders and puzzling deaths involving hippies, gays and other people whom the authorities cared little about because they were considered to be lowlifes. The Bottom of the Fox lays bare that secret for the first time. It details the astonishing level of violence in an area known for resorts and verdant woodlands while revealing how evil doers could literally get away with murder.
Enhanced Typesetting:
Explore this featured title in True Crime.
Product Details
File Size: 414 KB
Print Length: 180 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN:
Publication Date: November 16, 2011
Language: English
ASIN: B00691T8RU
Text-to-Speech:
Word Wise: Not Enabled
Lending: Not Enabled
Enhanced Typesetting:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#458,701 Paid in Kindle Store ()
&Would you like to
Customer Reviews
Share your thoughts with other customers
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
11 of 11 people found the following review helpful
on November 19, 2011Format: Kindle Edition
Read more &
Was this review helpful to you?
Sending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
on November 21, 2011Format: Paperback
In The Bottom of the Fox, Shaun Mullen traces the multiple influences which, in his view, led to the 1981 murder of Eddie Joubert and to other murders occurring during the 70s (and 1981 is close enough to the 70s to be included in that decade, while the persons involved were definitely of the 70s); he sees a common influence in a number of deaths. He also portrays how a relatively isolated and depressed area can become culturally inbred and corrupt-not corrupt in the common political sense of bribery and kick-backs, but corrupt on a much deeper and more dangerous level.The first chapter describes the murder.Successive chapters look at the various threads-the development of resorts in the Poconos, the coming of Interstate 80, the repeated efforts to dam the Delaware, and others-that the author sees as leading to the first chapter.About two-thirds of the way through the book, I was wondering whether the author would be able to pull the threads together into a coherent and satisfying conclusion.He does.This is a short book, written with a narrative clarity that betrays the author's long career as a journalist and portraying the petty corruption all too common in our society and government.
Sending feedback...
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
on July 21, 2015Format: Paperback
This is a flawed but fascinating examination of a Poconos murder and the culture of violence and corruption that flourished in that region in the '80's. My former colleague, Shaun Mullen, earns major credit for taking on what's clearly an insulated -- and insular -- power structure that's harder than hell to penetrate. You'd need a platoon of fine reporters like Mullen to give this challenging story its due, but at least he's made a dent in the armor of the defenders of injustice in the region he knows so well. And his mini-profiles of the characters who populated the Delaware Water Gap and delineation of the area as a jazz mecca are valuable in themselves. On a human level, the eulogy by a Gap minister for the victim in the case is worth the price of admission.
Sending feedback...
5 of 7 people found the following review helpful
on July 22, 2010Format: Paperback
Shaun Mullen's On the Bottom of the Fox is a joy to behold and a MUST READ role model for aspiring writers or reporters as well as present writers and reporters. Mullen is a world-class writer -- you can accurately call him "Hemingwayesque" -- who tells a shocking tale of literally getting away with murder in a reporting style as compelling as his writing. The take off point is Eddie Joubert's 1981 hacking death but Mullen is anything but a hack: its almost impossible to find books these days written with such solid, compressed reporting in a disciplined style that for once deserves now trite word "awesome." Mullen has a rare ability to seemingly effortlessly chronicle the geographical and societal era where his tale takes place .My only complaint is that he hasn't
a host of nonfiction books -- or fiction since he makes you think of Hemingway. If you think there are no REAL role models for reporters or writers these days, just read Shaun Mullen's "The Bottom of the Fox."
Sending feedback...
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
on March 2, 2011Format: Paperback
Verified Purchase
When I was in my twenties and thirties, I backpacked the Delaware Water Gap section of the Appalachian Trail and came to know the founder of the Kirkridge Retreat Center in Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania. A huge influence in my life, the founder is mentioned in this local telling of an unsolved murder. While I reject the book's thesis that Eddie's murder was connected to a "sado-masochistic homosexual sex ring," this is an interesting, (warning) dark and sad telling of the history of the Poconos, the Gap and its colorful residents.
And because it is so unique a telling, I believe it deserves 4 stars.
Sending feedback...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.
After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.
Look for Similar Items by Category
<iframe name="iFrameHMD" id="iFrameHMD" height="0" width="0" style="border:none" src="javascript:''">
If you need help or have a question for Customer Service, .
Would you like to report poor quality or formatting in this book?
Would you like to report this content as inappropriate?
Do you believe that this item violates a copyright?小题1:C小题2:B小题3:B小题4:A小题5:D小题6:C小题7:B小题8:B小题9:D小题10:A小题11:D小题12:B小题13:C小题14:A小题15:C小题16:B小题17:D小题18:C小题19:A小题20:C试题分析:本文通过自己用鼓励性的文字激励学生的故事告诉我们人生中鼓励的重要性,可以让我们克服很多的困难,让人生更有意义。小题1:C 名词辨析。A方法B能力C力量D方法;也许最重要的就是那些改变人生的鼓励的文字的力量。小题2:B 动词辨析。A改善B了解C想知道D使用;我了解了Leo Buscaglia在南卡罗莱纳大学所做的事情。小题3:B 上下文串联。根据19空后的the negative words说明他们在黑板上写下了两排的单词。小题4:A 动词辨析。A扔掉B收集C储存D写;他们把那些有消极含义的文字都扔掉了,只使用那些积极的。小题5:D 上下文串联。他们把那些有消极含义的文字都扔掉了,只使用那些积极的。小题6:C 形容词辨析。A好奇B失望C惊讶的D困惑的;他们惊讶地发现他们的生活变化第多么好。小题7:B 上下文串联。根据上文可知他们把消极的词都扔掉了,只使用那些积极意义的词。小题8:B 动词辨析。A购买B发现C请求D希望;我决定做同样的事情,要找到一些鼓励的词写在学生的作文上。小题9:D 短语辨析。A拆卸B收拾C浏览D上交;我要在学生们上交的作业上写一些鼓励的文字。小题10:A 动词辨析。A包含B创造C避免D减少;无论学生作文中有多少错误,总有一些有意义的句子。小题11:D 形容词辨析。A完整的B奇怪的C简单的D有意义的;无论作文中有多少错误,总有一些有意义的句子。小题12:B 固定短语。Comment on…对…做出评论;作文里有我可以评论的句子,思想或者观点。小题13:C 上下文串联。根据29空后It was a joy seeing说明这里也使用see,故C正确。小题14:A 短语辨析。我能看见学生一次又一次地看这些鼓励人心的评论,对他们有很大的鼓励作用。小题15:C 上下文串联。根据sit up a little straighter坐得更直,说明是后背坐得更直。小题16:B 上下文串联。得到老师的鼓励,学生眼睛更亮,坐得更直,学习上爬得更高。小题17:D 上下文串联。由下文他有两个孩子了说明他是我以前的学生。故former正确。小题18:C 副词辨析。A曾经B从未D仍然D仅仅,只不过;我仍然还保留这一些这样的文章。小题19:A 动词辨析。A希望B承认C抱怨D记得;我希望我的孩子也有一位你这样的好老师。小题20:C 名词辨析。A结果B力气C影响D重要性;对于这些文字的影响我感到很惊讶。点评:本文讲述了鼓励的重要作用。从本篇完型可以看出考生对首段应该给与足够的重视,因为往往它就是文章的中心,它体现的观点往往决定了全文的观点,所以多花一点时间看首段是永远是值得的。同时考生在选择答案时要根据上下文的复现或同现以及这些词之间的有机联系来确定答案。由于完形填空的文章是一个意义相关联的语篇,围绕一个话题论述,因此在行文中词语的重复、替代、复现和同现现象是不可避免的。根据这个原则,某一个空格所对应的答案很可能就是在上下文中复现或同现的相关词:原词、同义词、近义词、反义词等。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
Failing doesn’t make a failure. True failures are those who don’t learn from their &&&1&&. Smart persons not only learn from their own mistakes—they pay& 2&to the mistakes of others, equate error with opportunity, and learn valuable& 3&as well, as this story illustrates (说明).A lion, a fox, and a wild pig went &&4&&for rabbits together. By the end of the day, they had a large pile of rabbits to &&5&. The lion said to the wild pig, “Pig, you divide the rabbits up among the three of us in a &&6&&that you think is fair.” The pig divided the rabbits up into three &&7 &&piles, and said to the lion, “There we are. One &&8&for each of us. How’s that?” The lion &&9&&sprang at the wild pig and 10 him. &Then, the lion threw all the rabbits into one big pile again.He& 11&to the fox. “Well now, Mr. Fox, why don’t you& 12&the rabbits between the two of us in a way that you think is fair?” The fox walked over to the pile of rabbits, took the& 13&one for himself, and left the rest in a big pile. “This rabbit is for me, Mr. Lion, and that big pile is for you.” said the fox. At that point, the lion laughed, “Where did you learn to divide so &14 , Mr. Fox?” And Mr. Fox replied, “The wild pig &15&me.” 小题1:A.teachersB.mistakesC.failuresD.experiences小题2:A.respectB.tributeC.courtD.attention小题3:A.experienceB.skillsC.lessonsD.service小题4:A.huntingB.searchingC.hikingD.fishing小题5:A.shareB.eatC.attackD.enjoy小题6:A.caseB.situationC.moodD.way小题7:A.sameB.equalC.bigD.different小题8:A.rabbitB. animalC.pileD.group小题9:A.graduallyB.curiouslyC.immediatelyD.seriously小题10:A.killedB.punishedC.praisedD.sold小题11:A.cameB.ranC.returnedD.turned小题12:A.partB.divideC.raiseD.separate小题13:A largest&&&& B. narrowest&&&&&&& C. smallest&&&&&&& D. worst小题14:A.unfairlyB.fairlyC.hurriedlyD.badly小题15:A.informedB.toldC.remindedD.taught
题型:阅读理解
COne Sunday, my family had gathered at my parents’ house to feast upon Mom’s wonderful cooking. During the normal dinner chatter (闲聊), I noticed that my father was slurring (说话含混) his words. No one mentioned this during dinner, but I felt compelled to discuss it with my mother afterward.We decided that there was something seriously wrong and that Dad needed to see the doctor.Mom phoned me two days later. “The doctor found a brain tumor (肿瘤). It’s too large at this point to operate. Maybe they can do something then, but the odds are long.”Even with the treatment, my father’s condition worsened, and the doctor finally informed us that this condition was terminal (晚期的). During one of his stays in the hospital, we brought our baby daughter Chelsey with us when we visited him. By this time he had great difficulty speaking. I finally figured out that he wanted Chelsey to sit on his stomach so he could make faces at her.Watching the two of them together, I realized I was living an experience that would stay with me forever. Though grateful for the times they could share, I couldn’t shake the feeling of a clock ticking in the background.?On the visit to my parents’ home during what we all know was my father’s last days, my mother took Chelsey from my arms and announced, “Your father would like to see you alone for a minute.”I entered the bedroom where my father lay on a rented hospital bed. He appeared even weaker than the day before.“How are you feeling, Dad?” I asked. “Can I do anything for you?”He tried to speak, but he couldn’t make out a word.“I’m sorry, but I can’t understand you,” I said.With great difficulty he said, “I love you.”We don’t learn courage from heroes on the evening news. We learn true courage from watching ordinary people rise above hopeless situations. In many ways my father was a strict, uncommunicative man. He found it difficult to show emotion. The bravest thing I ever saw him do was overcome that barrier to open his heart to his son and family at the end of his life.小题1:Which of the following statements is TRUE?A.The writer accompanied his father to a medical examination.B.The writer’s father got worse after the removal of the brain tumor.C.The writer was quick to notice the strange condition of his father.D.The writer’s father had known about his illness before the writer discovered it.小题2: What does the underlined sentence “the odds are long” mean?A.There’s little possibility for Father to recover.B.It takes a long time for Father to recover.C.Father needs love and care from his family.D.They need a proper time to operate on Father.小题3:The father had never said “I love you” to the writer before because ________.A.he believed in strictness and punishmentB.he was not so attached to the writerC.he thought there was no need to tell the writerD.he was not used to openly showing his emotions小题4:What does the writer attempt to tell us?A.We don’t often value health until we lose it.B.Don’t wait to see a doctor till it is too late.C.Life is short, so live your life to the fullest.D.Bravely express your love for your family.
My mother used to ask me what was the most important part of the body.Through the years I would&& 36&&the correct answer.When I was younger, I thought &&37&&&was very important to us as humans, so I said, "My ears, Mommy." She said, "No.Many people are &&&38&.But you keep thinking about it and I will ask you again soon." Several years passed before she asked me again.Since &&&39&my first attempt, I had often thought over the correct answer.So this time I told her, "Mommy, sight is very important to everybody, so it&& 40_ &be our eyes." She looked at me and told me, "You are learning fast, but the answer is not &&41&because there are many people who are blind."& 42&&the years, Mother asked me a couple more times and always her response to my answer was, "No, but you are getting& 43&&every year, my child." Then last year, my Grandpa &&&44&.Everybody was crying.My Mommy looked at me when it was our &&45&&to say our final good-bye to Grandpa.She asked me, "Do you know the most important body part yet, my dear?"I was &&46&when she asked me this now.I always thought this was a& 47 between her and me.She saw the &&48&&&on my face and told me, "This question is very important.It shows that you have really& 49&&your life." I saw her eyes well up with tears.She said, "My dear, the most important body part is your& 50&&." I asked, "Is it because it holds up your head?" She replied, "No, it is because a crying friend or&&& 51&one can rest their head on it .Everybody needs a shoulder to cry on sometimes in life, my dear.I only &&52&&that you have enough love and friends that you will have a shoulder to cry on 53&&you need it." Then and there I understood the most important body part is not a &&54&&one.It is sympathetic(同情的) to the pain of& 55&.小题1:A.doubt aboutB.look forC.believe inD.guess at小题2:A.sightB.healthC.soundD.love小题3:A.blindB.deaf C.abnormalD.Delicate小题4:A.doingB.did C.makingD.made小题5:A.mustB.shallC.canD.need小题6:A.naturalB.availableC.wrongD.correct小题7:A.BeforeB.Till C.BeyondD.Over小题8:A.stronger B.tallerC.smarterD.nicer小题9:A.passed byB.passed outC.passed awayD.passed over小题10:A.dutyB.turnC.pityD.change小题11:A.shocked B.satisfiedC.interestedD.excited小题12:A.gameB.test C.match D.secret小题13:A.worryB.puzzlementC.regretD.pain小题14:A.made B.caredC.dislikedD.lived小题15:A.shoulderB.foot C.hand D.hair小题16:A.loveB.lovedC.loving D.loves小题17:A.knowB.wantC.hopeD.wish小题18:A.untilB.whenC.beforeD.unless小题19:A.valuable B.usefulC.selfishD.precious小题20:A.others
B.the othersC.otherD.the other
Years ago a farmer possessed vast land along the Atlantic coast. He constantly ___31___ for hired hands. Most people didn’t want to work on farms along the Atlantic. They were ___32___ of the storms that blew across the Atlantic , ___33___ the buildings and crops. So the farmer couldn’t find one good worker. Finally , a short, ___34___ man, well past middle age, visited the ___35___.“Are you a good farmhand?” the farmer asked him.“Well, I can ___36___ _when the wind blows,” answered the little man.Although___37___ _at his answer, the farmer, longing for ___38___, hired him. The little man worked well around the farm and the farmer felt___39___ _with the man’s work.Then one night the big wind blew. Jumping out of bed, the farmer___40___ into the hire hand’s sleeping room. He___41___ the little man and cried, “Get up! A storm is coming! Tie things down___42___ _they are blown away!” The little man rolled over in bed and said___43___, “No, sir. I told you, I can sleep when the storm strikes.”Hearing his response, the farmer wanted to___44___ the man on the spot. Then he hurried outside to make necessary preparations. To his___45___, he discovered that all of the haystacks(干草堆)had been___46___ well. The cows were in the barn(畜棚)and the doors were___47___. Everything was well organized. The farmer then understood what he___48___, and he returned to his bed while the wind blew.When you’re___49___, you have nothing to worry about. Can you sleep with the wind blowing through your life? The worker in the story was able to sleep___50__ _he had prepared the farm well against the storm. We should also prepare ourselves well against the storm in our lives.小题1:A.searched B.advertisedC.hunted D.waited小题2:A.afraidB.tiredC.fondD.certain小题3:A.damagingB.wateringC.destroyingD.hurting小题4:A.heavyB.strongC.kindD.thin小题5:A.farmerB.bossC.masterD.host小题6:A.workB.sleepC.stayD.survive小题7:A.frightenedB.pleasedC.puzzledD.shocked小题8:A.workB.serviceC.supportD.help小题9:A.satisfiedB.excitedC.angryD.disappointed小题10:A.walkedB.steppedC.rushedD.marched小题11:A.shookB.draggedC.pulledD.pushed小题12:A.afterB.beforeC.onceD.while小题13:A.seriouslyB.jokinglyC.impatientlyD.firmly小题14:A.desertB.abandonC.fireD.strike小题15:A.excitementB.disappointmentC.amazementD.shame小题16:A.coveredB.hiddenC.wrappedD.packed小题17:A.closedB.lockedC.openedD.fixed小题18:A.tendedB.promisedC.intendedD.meant小题19:A.preparedB.willingC.carefulD.courageous小题20:A.sinceB.so thatC.because D.in case
题型:阅读理解
Success starts within our mind. Now, we will discuss four steps to change our lives and create a new future.&& ■ 1. Think big. Get rid of negative(负面的)beliefs.&&&& Your beliefs have developed from what happened to you in the past. You should realize that the past is not equal to the future, unless you really live there. The first thing you need to do is to drive all the negative beliefs away from your mind. Those beliefs are not useful for creating a new future. Think that everything is possible if you put enough effort in it. When you change your beliefs into positive ones, you will feel more powerful. You will then be able to move on to the next level.&& ■ 2. Write your plan to achieve your goals.&&&& Your great goals should be divided into smaller goals. Make a timetable for each goal so that you can measure your progress. Write a detailed plan to achieve these goals.&& ■ 3.Take action according to your plan.&&&& Nothing bears fruit without action. Every successful person has to work hard towards his or her goals. There is no exception(例外). Be prepared to work according to your plan. Be willing to invest (投资) in the resources necessary for your progress. Do not give up.&& ■ 4. Review what you have done and know how good you are.&&&& While you are in the process of your work, take some time to review how well you have done. Review your progress based on your plan and see if you need to change anything. You can change your methods but you should not change your goals.小题1: Why should we get rid of our negative beliefs?A.They come from our past experiences.B.The past and the future are different.C.They will stop us from starting a new future.D.We should learn some useful things.小题2: According to the second step, to achieve your big goals, you should _________.A.change your methods B.make full use of every minuteC.divide them into smaller ones and achieve them one by one to timeD.measure your progress from time小题3:Which of the following statements is TRUE?A.During your work, be prepared to change everything.B.If you feel your goal difficult, you’d better give it up.C.Considering changing the ways you achieve goals is useful.D.Reviewing is more important than setting goals.小题4: Which of the following has the same meaning as "Nothing bears fruit without action."?A.No pain, no gain.B.Better early than late.C.He laughs last who laughs best.D.Nothing succeeds like success.小题5:What’s the best title for the passage?A.How to Live a Happy LifeB.Ways to Create Your New FutureC.How to Change YourselfD.Nothing Bears Fruit Without Action
In our life, we will have a lot of time to feel low. If there’s one thing that ruins us, which &&48&&us from doing what we’re &&49&&capable of and prevents us from achieving our dreams, it is fear of &&50&.Many of us go through our lives never knowing what we could have done and what has often been heard is that if only we hadn’t given up our &&51&.What if you had given up on &&52&&to talk, walk, read, ride a bike, or any other achievements before you were even five years old? How &&53&&would your life have turned out if you’d given up instead of &&&54&&with them?Now, how different has your life been because of the goals you gave up? Because you were afraid that you would fail, how many experiences and opportunities have you &&55&&out on because you couldn’t get past that invisible barrier of fear!?小题1:A.increases B.stopsC.inspiresD.helps小题2:A.trulyB.hardlyC.honestlyD.easily小题3:A.deathB.troubleC.sorrow D.failure小题4:A.plansB.jobsC.dreamsD.lives小题5:A.tryingB.learningC.practicingD.studying小题6:A.strangeB.poor C.successful D.different小题7:A.playingB.coveringC.stickingD.moving小题8:A.missedB.pickedC.takenD.looked
Two years ago ,Shirley, wife, mother and doctor, found herself worn out. She got up earlier, and went to bed later, just to meet everyday 36 _____ , but lacked 37 _____ for the things that mattered most She and her husband, a lawyer, began searching for ways to 38 _____ their lives. “We had to decide what was really 39 _____” says Shirley. They knew they wanted more time to 40 _____ with their three- year -old son, to exercise and eat right, and to develop friendship.So the couple chose to live more simply,shopping with care for necessities and enjoying inexpensive 41 _____ such as reading, cooking and going to the park.Then Shirley 42 _____ her job and began working part time. She printed business cards that 43 _____“At your service, buy 44 _____ a little time” and helped clients (客户)with personal tasks like shopping, paying bills and 45 parties. “I still work hard, but being able to control my hours makes a 46 _____,” she says,“ I can spare time to take my son to the 47 _____ or play basketball with him. My stress and headaches are 48 &_____ ’’Shirley and her husband are 49 _____ alone in wanting to 50 _____ and live a satisfying Life. A survey found that 54 percent of parents say they have little time with their children, and 47 percent of married couples 51 &_____that they lack time together. 52 &_____does the time go?For most people, 53 _____ and commuting (通勤)take up most of the day. Simplifying means becoming 54 _____ of the ways we use money, time and energy, and finding ways to make things easier. Then we have to gain 55 _____ over Life and have time for the pleasures.小题1:A.activitiesB.servicesC.demandsD.exercises小题2:A. time&&& B. strength C. money&&& D, ability小题3:A.leadB.simplifyC.adaptD.consider小题4:A_ comfortable B. interesting& C. important&&& D. hard小题5:A.studyB.helpC.meetD.play小题6:A.pleasuresB.placesC.tasksD.goods小题7:A.foundB.receivedC.tookD.quit小题8:A.readB.wroteC.showedD.told小题9:A_ us& B. yourself C. children D& herself小题10:A. attending& B. organizing&& C. having&& D going小题11:A.lifeB.resultC.balanceD.difference小题12:A.officeB.hospitalC.parkD.school小题13:A.goneB.betterC.strongD.obvious小题14:A.a bitB.far fromC.much tooD.more than小题15:A.keep paceB.settle downC.take offD.slow down小题16:A. expect B. doubt&&& C. complain D, imagine小题17:A.HowB.WhenC.WhereD.Why小题18:A. traveling& B. reading& C. shopping D, working小题19:A.awareB.afraidC.proudD.sure小题20:A.valueB.controlC.successD.experience
Sometimes I really doubt whether there is love between my parents. Every day they are very busy trying to &31 &in order to pay the high tuition for my brother and me. They don’t act in the 32 ways that I read in books or I see on TV. In their opinion, “I love you” is too 33 for them to say. Sending flowers to each other on Valentine’s Day is even more out of 34.One day, my mother was sewing a quilt. I sat down beside her. “Mom, I have a question to ask you. Is there _35 &between you and Dad?” I asked her in a very low voice. She didn’t answer immediately. She &36 &her head and continued to sew the quilt.I was very worried because I thought I had _37_ her. I was 38_ and I didn’t know what I should do. But at last I heard my mother say the following words:“Susan,” she said thoughtfully, “Look at this thread.Sometimes it __39_, but most of it disappears in the quilt. The thread really makes the quilt _40__. If life is a quilt, then love should be a thread.It can hardly be seen _41 , but it’s really there. Love is 42_.”I listened carefully but I __43_ her until the next spring. At that time, my father suddenly _44 seriously. My mother had to stay with him in the hospital for a month. When they returned from the hospital, they both looked __45_. It seemed both of them had had a serious illness. After they were back, every day in the morning and dusk, my mother helped my father 46__ on the country road.“Dad, how are you feeling now?” I asked him one day.“Susan, don’t _47 &me.” he said gently. “To tell you the truth, I just like walking with your mom.”_48_ his eyes, I know he loves my mother deeply.Once I thought love meant flowers, gifts and 49 . But from this experience, I understand that love is just _50_ in the quilt of our life. Love is inside, making life strong and warm. 小题1:A.keep fitB.rise early C.collect moneyD.earn money小题2:A.romanticB.magic C.fantasticD.attractive小题3:A.simple B.luxuriousC.relaxingD.easy小题4:A.questionB.the questionC.reach D.control小题5:A.feelingB.quarrelC.loveD.smile小题6:A.bowedB.shook C.noddedD.raised小题7:A.hurtB.injured C.woundedD.harmed小题8:A.in great surpriseB.with deep depressionC.in a great embarrassmentD.at extreme sorrow小题9:A.happens B.comes aboutC.occurs D.appears小题10:A.warm and softB.hot and hardC.thin and coolD.strong and durable小题11:A.more or lessB.here and thereC.somewhere and sometimeD.anywhere or anytime小题12:A.inside B.outsideC.faraway D.nearby小题13:A.could believeB.wouldn’t recognizeC.couldn’t understandD.might know小题14:A.got stuckB.got sickC.threw up D.became disabled小题15:A.quite healthy B.fairly red C.very paleD.much surprised小题16:A.walk slowlyB.go hurriedly C.run fastD.jump high小题17:A.think about B.worry about C.talk withD.laugh at小题18:A.SayingB.SeeingC.ReadingD.Writing小题19:A.fresh rosesB.gold ring C.beautiful jewelry D.sweet kisses小题20:A.a needle B.a threadC.the clothD.the cotton}

我要回帖

更多关于 little fox story 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信