About how long will it be before long 用法I die? 请详细分析一下此句

小题1:C小题2:D小题3:B小题4:D小题5:A小题6:B试题分析:本文是海明威的《一天的等待》的具体内容,并告诉我们以人的尊严和勇气面对厄运迎接生活挑战的”硬汉”精神。小题1: C. 主旨大意题。本文是海明威的《一天的等待》。叙述了一个九岁男孩由于不知道有两种不同计算方式的温度计,在与父亲交谈的过程中产生了误解,误以为自己将不久于人世。竭力表现出冷静与勇敢的他静静地等待着死亡的降临,直到得知这仅仅是一个误解,才逐渐放松下来。作品体现了海明威所提倡的以人的尊严和勇气面对厄运迎接生活挑战的”硬汉”精神。小题2:D. 推理题。儿子听到医生说102度,就认为自己即将死亡。与下文父亲所说的”it”不是同一概念。故D正确。小题3: B.推理题。 故事开头结合下文的after giving him the prescribed capsules at eleven o'clock I went out …及He had been waiting to die all day, ever since nine o'clock in the morning. 可知B正确。。小题4:D.推理题。 本文中小男孩竭力表现出冷静与勇敢的他静静地等待着死亡的降临,直到得知这仅仅是一个误解,才逐渐放松下来。作品体现了海明威所提倡的以人的尊严和勇气面对厄运迎接生活挑战的”硬汉”精神。故D正确。小题5: A. 推理题。一个九岁的男孩前一天竭力表现出冷静与勇敢,静静地等待着死亡的降临。但孩子必竟只是孩子,紧绷的心放松后变得很脆弱。故A正确。小题6: B. 目的意图题。本文是海明威的《一天的等待》。叙述了一个九岁男孩由于不知道有两种不同计算方式的温度计,在与父亲交谈的过程中产生了误解,误以为自己将不久于人世。竭力表现出冷静与勇敢的他静静地等待着死亡的降临,直到得知这仅仅是一个误解,才逐渐放松下来。作品体现了海明威所提倡的以人的尊严和勇气面对厄运迎接生活挑战的”硬汉”精神。故B正确。点评:本文是海明威的《一天的等待》。本文要求考生在阅读理解整体语篇的基础上,把握文章的真正内涵。要吃透文章的字面意思,从字里行间捕捉有用的提示和线索,这是推理的前提和基础;要对文字的表面信息进行挖掘加工,由表入里,由浅入深,从具体到抽象,从非凡到一般,通过分析、综合、判定等,进行深层处理,符合逻辑地推理。不能就是论事,断章取义,以偏概全。要忠实于原文,以文章提供的事实和线索为依据。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
“Indeed,” George Washington wrote in his diary in 1785, “some kind of fly, or bug, had begun to eat the leaves before I left home.” But the father of America was not the father of bug. When Washington wrote that, Englishmen hade been referring to insects as bugs for more than a century, and Americans had already created lightning-bug(萤火虫). But the English were soon to stop using the bugs in their language, leaving it to the Americans to call a bug a bug in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.The American bug could also be a person, referring to someone who was crazy about a particular activity. Although fan became the usual term, sports fans used to be called racing bugs, baseball bugs, and the like. Or the bug could be a small machine or object, for example, a bug-shaped car. The bug could also be a burglar alarm, from which comes the expression to bug, that is, “to install (安装) an alarm”. Now it means a small piece of equipment that people use for listening secretly to others’ conversation. Since the 1840s, to bug has long meant “to cheat”, and since the 1940s it has been annoying. We also know the bug as a flaw in a computer program or other design. That meaning dates back to the time of Thomas Edison. In 1878 he explained bugs as “little problems and difficulties” that required months of study and labor to overcome in developing a successful product. In 1889 it was recorded that Edison “had been up the two previous nights discovering ‘a bug’ in his invented record player.”小题1: We learn from Paragraph 1 that __________________.A.Americans had difficulty in learning to use the word bugB.George Washington was the first person to call an insect a bugC.the word bug was still popularly used in English in the nineteenth centuryD.both Englishman and Americans used the word bug in the eighteenth century小题2: What does the word “flaw” in the last paragraph probably mean?A.Explanation.B.Finding.C.Origin.D.Fault.小题3:The passage is mainly concerned with__________________.A.the misunderstanding of the word bugB.the development of the word bugC.the public views of the word bugD.the special characteristics of the word bug
There is one word that is on the lips of Americans, day and night: “Sorry.” One time as I was walking on the street, a young man ran by hurriedly, brushing against my handbag. Even as he continued on his way, he turned back and said “sorry” to me. Even in a rush, he didn’t forget to apologize. One day, after I bought a mango, the salesman was giving me the change, but I wasn’t ready for it and a coin dropped to the ground. “I’m sorry,” he said while bending down to pick it up. I was puzzled—why would he apologize when it is my fault? Another time, I stepped on a man’s foot in an escalator, at the same time, we both said “sorry”. I thought it interesting, was it really necessary for him to apologize? Later on, an American friend explained to me that according to the American mentality, the escalators a public place, and everyone should be able to stand in it. After someone occupies a position in the elevator, making it difficult for someone else to find a place to stand, isn’t it necessary to express an apology? If you go to the movies and the tickets happen to be sold out, the ticket seller will say: “Sorry, the tickets are sold out.” Whenever one of your hopes goes unfulfilled, an American will say “sorry” as a sign of sympathy.
During my stay in America, I often came across situations in which I was supposed to say “sorry”. Gradually, I realized that when friction(摩擦)appears in daily life, Americans don’t care muc If someone is troubled, a “sorry” is always necessary. When this happens, even if the other person is hurt, the “sorry” cools tempers and human kindness is shown. Perhaps this is why I never saw anyone quarreling on the buses, subways or streets of America. 小题1:How many examples are given to show that Americans like to say “sorry”?A.OneB.TwoC.ThreeD.Four小题2:When the author was walking on the street, a young man ran by hurriedly ______.A.and took away his bag B.and touched his bagC.to help him with his bag D.to brush his bag小题3:Which of the following plays a different role in the passage?A.Paragraph 2B.Paragraph 3C.Paragraph 4D.Paragraph 5小题4:At last, the author’s attitude towards the Americans’ “sorry” seems to be ______. A.angryB.interestedC.approving(赞成)D.disappointed小题5:The best title for the passage can be “_______”.A.My life in AmericaB.Americans’ “sorry”C.My experience in an escalatorD.The meaning of “sorry”
题型:完形填空
When you think of American culture, what first comes to your mind? McDonald’s? Coca Cola? Levi’s? Disneyland? Michael Jordan? Julia Roberts? Many people &&1&&American culture is a &&2&of popular symbols like these. Actually, these symbols are only one &&&3&&part of American culture—pop culture.What is pop culture? Well, pop is &&4&&&for popular. The origins of pop culture can often be traced to popular movies, television shows, music stars and sports figures. Pop culture is &&5&&promoted by business and advertising. The most &&6&&examples of American pop culture appear among high school and college students. Trends (趋势) &&7&&by famous personalities quickly become part of young people’s &&&8&.American pop culture has spread around the world. One major reason for its&& 9&&is that English is a universal language. English is the language of diplomacy, international business and transportation. &&10&&language and culture go together, learning English means becoming &&11&&of English-speaking cultures. Besides, America is a world &&12&&in movies, music and magazines. The kind of American culture &&13&&in those media is pop culture. Finally, pop culture is easy to package and to &&14&. For that reason, it is easy to “sell” to the world.Many people believe that American pop culture is what American is all &&15&&. Does pop culture &&16&&&the true culture of America? Yes and no. Pop culture does& 17&&a portion (比例) of American society — especially the &&18&&young people that are tuned in to the media. But American pop culture is faddish (流行一时的) and &&&19&&&. If you want to learn about real American culture, you’ll have to go a little &&&20&&&&than McDonald’s.小题1:A.wonderB.imagineC.wishD.pretend小题2:A.behaviorB.signalC.sideD.collection小题3:A.smallB.largeC.mainD.super小题4:A.goodB.eagerC.knownD.short小题5:A.neverB.onlyC.alsoD.just小题6:A.famousB.commonC.obviousD.helpful小题7:A.setB.pushedC.ignoredD.caused小题8:A.hobbiesB.tasteC.admirationD.lifestyles小题9:A.tendencyB.popularityC.influenceD.preference小题10:A.AlthoughB.UnlessC.HowD.Since小题11:A.awareB.fondC.carefulD.tired小题12:A.driverB.workerC.leaderD.officer小题13:A.writtenB.communicatedC.describedD.taught小题14:A.discussB.displayC.copyD.export小题15:A.forB.aboutC.aboveD.against小题16:A.reflectB.payC.formD.affect小题17:A.combineB.followC.representD.demand小题18:A.urbanB.ruralC.quietD.diligent小题19:A.difficultB.simpleC.ever-changingD.ever-lasting小题20:A.slowerB.fartherC.nearerD.higher
The American book Who Moved My Cheese has bee a bestseller all over the world. It teaches people how to face changes in their lives. Now its author Spence Johnson has written a book just for teens. The book tells us that when facing change in our lives, like a new school or new friends, don't be afraid. Instead, use this change to make a better life. The book gives an example of a change at school. A school is changing from having two terms to three terms because there are too many students.Several teens are talking about this. Most of them are unhappy and worried. But Chris is not. He laughs and tells a story about two mice, two “little people” and some cheese.The four are in amaze looking for the cheese. Here, cheese means something important in life, like moving to a new class or getting into college. But they find the cheese is gone. The mice realize that they can’t change what has happened and have to find more cheese. This means finding different dreams. The little people, however, can’t do this. They are afraid of change so they find no cheese After Chris finishes the story, the friends understand one thing: to get more cheese, move in a new direction quickly. His friends understand how this can be used in the changes all teens face, such as doing well at school or having good relationships or just feeling good about yourself. 小题1:The book Who Moved My Cheese is __________.A.read across the world B.written all over the worldC.sold only in AmericaD.loved only by teens小题2:What does the text mainly discuss?A.Never change in our life.B.Change when you like to do.C.Change with the changes.D.Pay attention to the changes,小题3:The underlined word “four”(paragraph 3)refers to __________.A.Mice and little peopleB.StudentsC.CheeseD.Readers小题4:In our lives, we should learn from __________.A.MiceB.Little peopleC.ChrisD.Spence Johnson小题5:Which of the following statements is true?A.The author is Britain.B.There are three terms in every school.C.Most teens don't understand Chris' story.D.The book tells teens how to face changes in their lives.
I came across quite a few language problems while on holiday with my family last summer. The most embarrassing was when my Mom apologized to the people we were staying with because her “pants were dirty”. They looked at her in amazement, not knowing how to react. You see, Mom had fallen over and gotten mud on her jeans. But in Britain, “pants” means underpants, not trousers as it does back home. Katie — From AmericaWhen I asked for the “restroom” in a big department store, people kept directing me to a room with seats where I could sit and “rest”. It took me years to get through to someone that I only wanted the toilet! Tom — From AmericaLast summer we went on a two-week family touring holiday, so Dad hired a car over the Internet. This was an old vehicle and there turned out to be lots of things wrong with it. When he phoned the hire company and tried to explain that the lock on the boot(汽车行李箱) was broken, they thought he was talking about footwear! He had no idea their word for “boot” was “trunk”. In the end we went to a garage and just solved the problem. Mary — From BritainLast summer, I went to stay with a friend on the west coast. Her flat was on the first floor of a high-rise building so I got the lift up. Then I wandered round for ages looking for her flat but couldn’t find it. Fed up and tired, I finally had to go out to find a phone box. She explained that her flat was on the first floor, which for me meant the ground floor.
David — From Britain小题1:Hearing Katie’s mother’s words, Katie’s friends were in amazement because ____________.A.they mistook “pants” in American for underpants B.Katie’s mother’s underpants were dirtyC.Katie’s mother got mud on her jeans D.they didn’t know any English小题2:David went out to find a phone box to ____________.A.phone the police for helpB.apologize for his being lateC.tell his friends he couldn’t go to visit herD.phone his friend for help小题3: When Tom asked for the “restroom”, the people around him thought _____________.A.he wanted a chairB.he wanted to have a restC.he wanted the toiletD.He wanted to go to a department store小题4:The underlined word “garage” is probably _____________.A.a parking placeB.a carC.a place to repair cars D.a gas station小题5:Which of the following words is from British English? A.PantsB.
RestroomC.Ground floorD.Trunk
The koala(考拉) is possibly one of the best known Australian animals, and is found in four states: Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia. The word “koala” comes from an Australian aboriginal word meaning “no drink”.Sometimes people call them “koala bears” but koala is not a bear. It belongs to a special group of Australian mammals, called marsupial(有袋类). Female marsupials have a pouch where the baby animals live after they are born.Koalas have soft, thick, grey or brown fur on their backs. The fur on the stomach is white. Koala that live in the south have thicker fur than those in the north because of the cold winters, whereas the koalas in the northern part of the country live in warm to hot weather most of the year so have thinner fur. A koala has a large hairless nose and round ears. Koalas don’t have tails. Adult koalas measure between 7 and 14 kilograms.Koalas spend nearly all their time in the trees using their sharp, curved claws and long toes to climb about and to hold on to the tree branches. They sleep most of the day, and feed and move from tree to tree mainly at night.The reason koala sleep for much of the day is because their food eucalyptus(桉树) leaves are very tough so they use a lot of energy to digest. Sleeping saves energy. Eucalyptus leaves are poisonous to almost every other animal. Koala they get water from the leaves they eat.Each koala has a home range made up of several trees that they visit regularly. They normally do not visit another koala’s home trees except that a male is looking for a female to mate with.小题1:Which of the following statements is NOT true about the name “koala bear”?A.The name was given by the native in Australia B.The word “koala” is an original English wordC.The name describes one of its living habitsD.The name is partly false小题2: Which of the following is closest in meaning to the underlined word “punch”?A.HouseB.CaveC.PocketD.Nest小题3:Why do the koalas live in the south have thicker fur than those in the north?A.The thicker fur can protect them from the colder weather B.It’s always hot in summer in the north C.It’s always cold in the winter in the southD.They have to move to the north in the winter小题4: Why do koalas sleep much in the day?A.Their foods are poisonous B.They want to save energy for the activities at night C.They can’t get enough energy from their tough foodsD.They can’t get enough water from their leaves
The popular song ‘Gangnam Style’ from South Korean recording artist PSY has just become the most watched video on YouTube ever, getting more than 808 million views on the popular media site.The distinction was previously held by another pop heavyweight, Justin Bieber, whose song ‘Baby’ had a little more than 804 million views at press time. PSY made the announcement on his Twitter page earlier today.Since its release, the song has defeated such other popular videos as Jennifer Lopez’s ‘On the Floor’ and Eminem's ‘Love the Way You Lie’. And in September, 'Gangnam Style' also became the most liked video on YouTube, now with nearly 5.4 million thumbs up.At the time of the announcement, the Guinness Book of World Records released a statement saying: “In years past it was unthinkable that something would be viewed a hundred million times, and now Gangnam Style has achieved more than twice this figure in just three months on YouTube. PSY, your certificate is waiting here at our office, come pick it up any time!”Despite its massive popularity, the video shows no signs of slowing down, and it even has a shot at becoming the first video to get more than one billion views.If it maintains its current rate of around six million new views per day, ‘Gangnam Style’ would be in line to break that record by the end of the year.The YouTube honors are just the latest in a long list that shows just how popular the song has become. Since it was released in July, the song has seen a meteoric rise through the music industry.It has found its way to the tops of music charts in more than 30 countries, including the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain and Canada, while providing material for thousands of parody(恶搞)videos.It became part of the 2012 presidential elections with the now famous ‘Mitt Romney Style’ video and was even used by the North Korean government in propaganda films promoting their supreme leader.Meanwhile, such influential figures as President Obama, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt have all made mention of the hit song.小题1:This passage mainly talks about a world famous________.A. music chart&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. video websiteC. music video&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Korean pop singer小题2:Which of the following about “Gangnam Style” is NOT true according to the passage?A.“Gangnam Style” has defeated Justin Bieber’s “Baby” on You Tube’s views.B.“Gangnam Style” has been the favorite to at least 5.4 million people.C.“Gangnam Style” has been recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records.D.“Gangnam Style” has been the first to get more than 1 billion views.小题3:What can we infer from this passage?A.The influence of “Gangnam Style” has spread far and wideB.Obama won the presidential election partly because of the ‘Mitt Romney Style’ video. C.Despite its massive popularity, the fever of “Gangnam Style” has decreased.D.PSY will become one of the greatest musicians due to the popularity of “Gangnam Style”.
In the US, people prefer waiting for a table to sitting with people they don’t know. If you are sitting at a table with people you don’t know, it is impolite to light up a cigarette without first asking if it will disturb them.At American restaurants and coffee shops you are usually served tap water(自来水) before you order. You may find the bread and butter is free, and if you order coffee, you may get a free refill.Most cities and towns have no rules about opening and closing times for stores or restaurants, though they usually do make rules for bars. Especially in large cities, stores may be open 24 hours a day.Servings in restaurants are often large, too large for many people. If you can’t finish your meal but would like to enjoy the food later, ask your waitress or waiter for a “doggie bag”. It may have a picture of a dog on it, but everybody knows you’re taking the food for yourself. Supper and dinner are both words for the evening meal. Some people have “Sunday dinner”. This is an especially big noon meal.Tips are not usually added to the check. They are not included in the price of the meal, either. A tip of about 15% is expected and you should leave it on the table when you leave. In some restaurants, a check is brought on a plate and you put your money there. Then the waiter or waitress brings you your change.小题1:Which statement is TRUE?A.American people like sitting with people they don’t know.B.A hostess always seats a small group at a large table.C.American people never sit with people they don’t know.D.American people will not light a cigarette if the people who sit at the same table mind their smoking.小题2:What is served before you order?A.BreadB.ButterC.CoffeeD.Cold water小题3:What are the opening and closing times for stores and restaurants in the US?A.There are no rules about opening and closing times for stores and restaurants.B.Stores may be open 24 hours a day in every city.C.Especially in large cities, stores may be open around the clock.D.You can enter a bar at any time in the US.}

我要回帖

更多关于 before i die 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信