contentment is happinsis是什么么

英语翻译把英语句子翻译成中文:happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being characterized by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy_百度作业帮
英语翻译把英语句子翻译成中文:happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being characterized by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy
幸福是一种快乐的精神或情绪状态,它以从满足到强烈快乐的积极或愉快的情绪为特点.
幸福是一种精神或情感状态的福祉为特征的积极、愉快的情绪从满足强烈的喜悦
开心是一种良好心理或情绪状态由积极或愉快的情绪转至知足再已有强烈的喜悦。Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence _正版电子书在线阅读_百度阅读
Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence
支持以下平台(点击下载客户端)
畅销飙升榜
Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence
您也可能感兴趣
 Hardwiring Happiness lays out a simple method that uses the hidden power of everyday experiences to build new neural structures full of happiness, love, confidence, and peace. Dr. Hanson&s four steps build strengths into your brain& balancing its ancient negativity bias&making contentment and a powerful sense of resilience the new normal. In mere minutes each day, we can transform our brains into refuges and power centers of calm and happiness.From the Hardcover edition.
"Rick Hanson is a master of his craft, showing us a wise path for daily living in this book. Based in the latest findings of neuroscience, this book reveals that if we understand the brain a little, we can take care of our lives a lot, and make a real difference to our well-being. Here is a book to savor, to practice, and to take to heart."             -- Mark Williams, Ph.D., Professor, University of Oxford, author of Mindfulness  "The cultivation of happiness is one of the most important skills anyone can ever learn. Luckily, it&s not hard when we know the way to water and nourish these wholesome seeds, which are already there in our consciousness. This book offers simple, accessible, practical steps for touching the peace and joy that are every person&s birthright."             --Thich Nhat Hanh, author of Being Peace and Understanding Our Mind  "In this remarkable book, one of the world's leading authorities on mind training shows how to cultivate the helpful and good within us. In a beautifully written and accessible way, Rick Hanson offers us an inspiring gift of wise insights and compassionate and uplifting practices that will be of enormous benefit to all who read this book. A book of hope and joyfulness."             --Paul Gilbert, Ph.D., O.B.E., Professor, University of Derby, author of The Compassionate Mind  "Rick Hanson's new book works practical magic: it teaches you how, in a few seconds, to rewire your brain for greater happiness, peace, and well-being. This is truly a book I wish every human being could read - it's that important. I hope we'll soon be saying to each other, in meetings, over coffee, in crowded subway cars: &Take in the good?&              --Jennifer Louden, author of The Woman's Comfort Book  "I have learned more about positive psychology from Rick Hanson than from any other scientist. Read this book, take in the good, and change your brain so that you can become the person you were destined to be."             --Robert A. Emmons, Ph.D., Professor, University of California at Davis, Editor-in-Chief, The Journal of Positive Psychology, author of Gratitude Works! and Thanks!
              Stephen Porges, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina, author of The Polyvagal Theory               Tara Brach, Ph.D., author of Radical Acceptance and True Refuge               --Daniel J. Siegel, M.D., Clinical Professor, UCLA School of Medicine, author of Mindsight, The Mindful Brain, and Brainstorm
 "Truly helpful and wise, this book nourishes your practical goodness and feeds the vitality of your human spirit. Following these practices will transform your life."             --Jack Kornfield, Ph.D., author of A Path With Heart  "Dr. Hanson has laid out an amazingly clear, easy, and practical pathway to happiness."              --Kristin Neff, Ph.D., Associate Professor, University of Texas at Austin, author of Self-Compassion  "Rick Hanson is brilliant at making complex scientific information about the brain simple. For anyone wanting to decode the black box of the brain and take advantage of its potential, this is the book to read."             --Harville Hendrix, Ph.D., co-author with Helen LaKelly Hunt of Making Marriage Simple  "I happened to be reading Hardwiring Happiness while my mother was dying in hospice. Following the instructions in the book, there was a healing that transformed my experience of my mother's dying. This was the right book for the right moment, and I am deeply grateful for it."             --Gordon Peerman, D. Min., Episcopal priest and psychotherapist, author of Blessed Relief  "With current neuroscience to back him up, Rick Hanson has given us an incredible gift. The practices within this book don&t take much time at all, yet have the potential to yield true and lasting change."             --Sharon Salzberg, author of Lovingkindness and Real Happiness  "Dr. Hanson offers a remarkably simple, yet transformative, approach to cultivating happiness. He provides clear instructions for bringing these insights into challenging areas such as parenting, procrastination, healing trauma, and transforming relationships. This book is a gift, one you will want to read over and over and share with your friends."             --Christopher Germer, Ph.D., Clinical Instructor, Harvard Medical School, author, The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion, co-editor, Mindfulness and Psychotherapy  "Seamlessly weaving together insights from modern neuroscience, positive psychology, evolutionary biology, and years of clinical practice, Dr. Hanson provides a wealth of practical tools anyone can use to feel less anxious, frustrated, and distressed in everyday life. With humor, warmth, and humility, this book combines new research and ancient wisdom to give us easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions to live richer, happier, and more loving lives."             --Ronald D. Siegel, Psy.D., Assistant Clinical Professor, Harvard Medical School, and author, The Mindfulness Solution               --Sara Gottfried, M.D., author of The Hormone Cure  "Dr. Hanson shows us, in compelling prose sprinkled with humor, how we can learn to &re-wire& our brain, so that we can respond to the world in a receptive mode, one resting in peace, contentment, and love. I can&t imagine a better prescription for our troubled world!"             --Robert D. Truog, MD, Professor of Medical Ethics, Anesthesiology, and Pediatrics and Director of Clinical Ethics, Harvard Medical School  "Always on the cutting edge, Rick Hanson is brilliant at making the neuroscience of happiness accessible, engaging, and practical.  If you're looking for greater happiness, more fulfilling relationships, or greater peace of mind, this book is a treasure."             --Marci Shimoff, author of Happy for No Reason and Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul   "In a lively and lovely voice, Rick Hanson offers an inspiring, easily accessible guidebook to living happily."             --Sylvia Boorstein, Ph.D., author of Happiness Is An Inside Job  "Why should you read this over any other happiness or mindfulness book? Because the prose, stories, and concrete strategies are beautiful, lucid, and most importantly, they work. I cannot remember the last time a book brought me peace of mind as quickly and effectively."             --Todd B. Kashdan, Ph.D., Associate Professor, George Mason University, author of Curious?
 "Carefully explaining both the neurobiology and practice of happiness Dr. Hanson writes simply enough that anyone can use this book as a primary resource to bring more joy and less stress into their lives."              --Frederic Luskin, Ph.D., Director of Stanford Forgiveness Projects, author of Forgive for Good  "Just as a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, a life filled with joy and contentment is created "a dozen seconds at a time," as Rick Hanson shows us in this game-changing book. Hardwiring Happiness is an essential guide to finding peace and joy in our busy modern world--happiness that is not dependent on external or material conditions, but that is an essential part of who we are, no matter w...
Rick Hanson, Ph.D., is a neuropsychologist and author of Hardwiring Happiness, Buddha&s Brain, Just One Thing, and Mother Nurture. Founder of the Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom, and an Affiliate of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley, he&s been an invited speaker at Oxford, Stanford, and Harvard, and taught in meditation centers worldwide. He has several audio programs and his free Just One Thing newsletter has over 95,000 subscribers.
帮助平台入驻[转载]2012年中英文儿童圣经金句画集(每周一句)
已经是第三年为教会编辑中英文儿童圣经金句画集了。今年教会的主题是“十诫与祝福“,感觉编辑的难度比往年稍大。我除了参考一些国外网站的图画外,另外自己动手制作了一批面包公仔,把它们拍摄下来,配图加入简单解说,希望这样能够让儿童更好地理解十诫,也方便老师的教学。欢迎大家使用该画集,不过请勿以此营利,侵犯版权。愿神祝福各位!
1&& (1 & 7
他是神的儿子。(使徒行传9:20b
Jesus is the Son of God.
(Acts 9:20b)
自从造天地以来,神的永能和神性是明明可知的,虽是眼不能见,但藉着所造之物,就可以晓得,叫人无可推诿.(罗马书1:20)
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible
qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly
seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are
without excuse.(Romans 1:20)
Week 3 &(15 & 21
你们要尝尝主恩的滋味,便知道他是美善;投靠他的人有福了!(诗34:8)
Taste and see
that the LORD blessed is the one who takes refuge in
him. &(Psalm
Week 4 &(22 & 28
&&&你的话是我脚前的灯,是我路上的光。(诗119:105)
Your word is a
lamp for my feet, a light on my path. (Psalm
Week 5 &(29 January & 4
&&&我惧怕的时候要倚靠你。(诗56:3)
afraid, I put my trust in you. (Psalm
Week 6& (5 & 11
February)&
&&&耶和华的眼目看顾义人;他的耳朵听他们的呼求。(诗篇34:15)
The eyes of the
LORD are on the righteous, and his
&&ears are attentive to
their cry. (Psalm 34:15)
Week 7& (12 & 18
&&&第一诫除了我以外,你不可有别的神。(出埃及记20:3
You shall have
no other gods before me.
Week 8& (19 & 25
&&&&你要尽心,尽性,尽意爱主你的神。(太22:37)
Love the Lord your God with
all your heart and with &all your soul and with
all your mind. (Matthew 22:37)
Week 9& (26
February & 3 March)
我要称谢你,因我受造奇妙可畏。你的作为奇妙。(诗篇139:14a)&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I praise you because I am
your works are wonderful.
(Psalm 139:14a)
Week 10& (4 & 10
第二诫不可为自己雕刻偶像…不可跪拜那些像,也不可侍奉他。(出埃及记
You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of
anything…bow down to them or worship them.
(Exodus 20:4-5)
11& (11 & 17 March)
爱我、守我诫命的,我必向他们发慈爱,直到千代。(出埃及记 20:6)
For I, the LORD your God…showing love to
a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my
commandments. (Exodus20:6)
12& (18 & 24 March)
我们晓得万事都互相效力,叫爱神的人得益处,就是按他旨意被召的人。(罗 8:
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those
who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
(Romans 8:28)
&(25 & 31 March)
耶和华是我的牧者,我必不至缺乏。
(诗篇23:1)
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
(Psalm 23:1)
&(1 & 7 April)
因他受的刑罚我们得平安。因他受的鞭伤我们得医治。(以赛亚书53:5b)
The punishment
that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
(Isaiah 53:5b)
&(8 & 14 April)
除他以外,别无拯救;因为在天下人间,没有赐下别的名,我们可以靠着得救。(使徒行传4:12)
Salvation is found
in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to
mankind by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)
&(15 & 21 April)
第三诫不可妄称耶和华— 你神的名。(出埃及记
&You shall not misuse the name of the
LORD your God. (Exodus 20:7a)
&(22 & 28 April)
&&&&因耶和华为大,当受极大的赞美,他在万神之上,当受敬畏。(诗篇96:4)
For great is the LORD and most
he is to be feared above all gods.
(Psalm 96:4)
&(29 April & 5 May)
我们在天上的父:愿人都尊你的名为圣。(马太福音6:9)
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
(Matthew 6:9)&
19& (6 & 12 May)
& &&你要使父母欢喜,使生你的快乐.(箴23:25)
May your fathe may she who gave you birth
be joyful! (Proverbs 23:25)
20& (13 & 19 May)
第四诫 当记念,守为圣日。(出埃及记
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it
holy.(Exodus 20:8)
&(20 & 26 May)
&&&&因为六日之内,耶和华造天、地、海,和其中的万物,第七日便安息,所以耶和华赐福与安息日,定为圣日。(出埃及记20:11)
For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the
sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day.
Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
22& (27 May & 2 June)
七日的第一日,我们聚会擘饼… (使徒行传20:7)
On the first day of the week we came together to break bread.
(Acts 20:7)
&(3 & 9 June)
第五诫& 当孝敬父母,使你的日子在耶和华 —
你神所赐你的地上得以长久。(出埃及记 20:12)
Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in
the land the LORD your God is giving you. (Exodus
&(10 & 16 June)
你们作儿女的,要凡事听从父母,因为这是主所喜悦的。(西3:20)
Children, obey your parents in everything, for
this &pleases the Lord.
&(Colossians
&(17 & 23 June)
你们要彼此相爱,象我爱你们一样,这就是我的命令。(约翰福音15:12)
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved
you. (John 15:12)
26& (24 & 30 June)
使人和睦的人有福了;因为他们必称为神的儿子。(马太福音5:9)
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of
God. (Matthew 5:9)
&(1 - 7 July)
不可杀人。(出埃及记 20:13)
&& You shall
not murder. (Exodus 20:13)
28& (8 & 14 July)
凡动刀的,必死在刀下。(太26:52)
All who draw the sword will die by the sword.(Matthew
Week 29& (15 - 21 July)
凡恨他弟兄的,就是杀人的。(约翰一书3:15)
Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer. (1 John
30& (22 & 28 July)
你们不要论断人,免得你们被论断。(马太福音7:1)
Do not judge, or you too will be
judged.(Matthew 7:1)
&(29 July - 4 August)
你不可为恶所胜,反要以善胜恶。 (罗马书12:21)
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
(Romans 12:21)
Week 32& (5 & 11
&&&&第七诫不可奸淫。(出埃及记
You shall not
commit adultery. (Exodus 20:14)
Week 33 &(12 & 18 August)
岂不知你们的身子是圣灵的殿吗?…
所以要在你们的身子上荣耀神。(哥林多前书
6:19-20)
Do you not know that your bodies
are temples of the Holy Spirit … Therefore honor God with your
bodies. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
Week 34 &(19 - 25
神的道是活泼的,是有功效的,比一切两刃的剑更快。(希伯来书4:12)
For the word of God is alive and
active. Sharper than any double-edged sword. (Hebrews
Week 35 &(26 August & 1
September)&
第八诫不可偷盗。(出埃及记 20:15)
You shall not steal. (Exodus
Week 36& (2 & 8
September)
智慧人家中积蓄宝物膏油;愚昧人随得來随吞下。(箴言21:
The wise store up
choice food and olive oil, but fools gulp theirs down. (Proverbs
Week 37 &(9 & 15
September)
&从前偷窃的,不要再偷;总要劳力,亲手做正经事,就可有余分给那缺少的人。(以弗所书4:28)
Anyone who has
been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something
useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share
with those in need. &(Ephesians
Week 38& (16 & 22
September)
施比受更為有福。(使徒行传20:
It is more
blessed to give than to receive.(Acts 20:35)
Week 39 &(23 & 29
September)
你们饶恕人的过犯,你们的天父也必饶恕你们的过犯。(马太福音6:14-15)
For if you forgive other people
when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive
you. &(Matthew 6:14-15)
Week 40 &(30
September & 6 October)
不可作假见证陷害人。(出埃及记
You shall not
give false testimony against your neighbor. (Exodus
Week 41& (7 & 13
耶和华所恨恶的有…吐谎言的假见证,并弟兄中布散纷争的人。(箴言6:19)
The LORD hates… a
false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict
in the community. &(Proverbs
Week 42& (14 & 20
求你使虚假和谎言远离我。(箴言30:8)
&Keep falsehood
and lies far from me.&(Proverbs
Week 43& (21& 27
你们的话,是、就说是;不是、就说不是。(马太福音5:37)
All you need to say is simply
“Yes” or “No”. (Matthew 5:37)
44& (28 October & 3
惟用爱心说诚实话,凡事长进。(以弗所书4:15)&
Speaking the truth in love, we will grow.
(Ephesians 4:15)
45& (4 & 10 November)
&&第十诫不可贪恋人的房屋;也不可贪恋人的妻子、仆婢、牛驴,并他一切所有的。(出埃及记
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet
your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or
donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
&(Exodus 20:12)
46& (11 & 17 November)
你们要谨慎自守,免去一切的贪心,因为人的生命不在乎家道丰富。(
路加福音 12:15)
Watch out! Be on your guard agains life
does not consist in an abundance of possessions.
(Luke 12:15)
47& (18 & 24 November)
贪财是万恶之根。(a)
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.
(1 Timothy 6:10a)
48& (25 November & 1 December)
&&敬虔加上知足的心便是大利。()
&Godliness with
contentment is great gain.(1 Timothy 6:6)
49& (2 & 8 December)
&&&&万军之耶和华说:你们要将当纳的十分之一,全然送入仓库,使我家有粮,以此试试我,是否为你们敞开天上的窗户,倾福与你们,甚至无处可容。&
(玛拉基书3:10-12)
“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there
may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty,
“and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour
out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store
it.” (Malachi 3:10)
&(9 & 15 December)
圣灵所结的果子,就是仁爱、喜乐、和平、忍耐、恩慈、良善、信实、
温柔、节制。(加5:22-23a)
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
(Galatians 5:22-23a)
&(16 & 22 December)
应当一无挂虑,只要凡事藉着祷告、祈求,和感谢,将你们所要的告诉神。(腓立比书4:6-7)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by
prayer and petition,with thanksgiving, present your requests to
God. (Philippians 4:6-7)
52& (23 & 29
因有一婴孩为我们而生,有一子赐给我们,政权必担在他的肩头上。他名称为奇妙、策士、全能的神、永在的父、和平的君。(以赛亚书9:6)
For to us a child is
born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his
shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)
以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from )
For other uses, see .
This article has multiple issues. Please help
or discuss these issues on the .
This article needs more
to help . Please help
by adding links
within the existing text. (June 2014)
This article is written like a
that states the Wikipedia editor's particular
about a topic, rather than the opinions of experts. Please
by rewriting it in an . (May 2014)
This lead needs additional citations for . Please help
by . Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (May 2014)
Human Contentments (20th century), by
Contentment is the acknowledgement and satisfaction of reaching [].[] The level of capacity reached may be sought after, expected, desired, or simply predetermined as the level in which provides contentment. Contentment may be considered as synonymous with happiness but is more basic or prior to happiness that can be derived from outer achievement or .
For this reason, colloquially, contentment is simply a way of accepting one's life state and being grateful or happy with it. Many see contentment as an attitude towards situations. It may even be argued that this attitude of contentment leads to more positive outcomes as a result of the relaxation that goes with being contented. Michael C. Graham writes extensively about contentment as a form of happiness.
In a somewhat more
sense, contentment can be understood as an innate state before any intellectual judgement about life situations has entered into the picture. Perhaps this is why little children are generally happy until their intellectual powers - such as their ability to judge what is good from bad and being trained to hold on to concepts - begin to form and then their mental and emotional stresses begin to emerge.
Contentment can also have to do with self-actualization, the satisfaction of reaching one's full potentials but this quest is often attended by haphazard striving, suffering and incompleteness given the complex nature of being human and the lack of a lucid and total system of self-actualization.
A sense of security provided by family or society can also contribute to Contentment. Contentment derived from such an outer-provided sense of security may well be a case of innate Contentment welling up when anxiety - about meeting essential needs - is no longer present to block it.
In all, a distinction ought to be made between Contentment arrived through self-fulfillment via self-actualization and outer achievement versus Contentment as an attitude and as an innate state.
This section needs additional citations for . Please help
by . Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (May 2014)
Many religions have some form of eternal bliss or
as their apparent goal often contrasted with
torment or dissatisfaction.
The source of all mentally-created dissatisfaction appears to stem from the ability to compare and contrast experiences and then inferring thereby that one's life state is less than ideal.
In the Bible there is an intriguing allegorical account that man's fall from his paradisal state was caused by man eating the forbidden fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Man's eyes were "opened" to know the distinction between good and evil (Genesis 3:5).
In other words when man becomes intellectually developed to distinguish between good and bad, he realizes that is a gap between what he considers good or ideal and what he is experiencing. The perception of this disparity is what creates psychological and physiological tension.
When this tension becomes exaggerated - contributed in no small way by either the proper or deviant pursuit of the good - stress and hence unhappiness is the result. Contentment which is the childlike innate state of the human consciousness is thus relegated to the background.
Interestingly in the Tao Te Ching this development of man from his primal state of consciousness called Tao is similarly expounded in this manner: "When the Tao is lost, there is goodness. When goodness is lost, there is morality ...". Morality as we know is the intellectual discernment between good and evil.
There is therefore a belief that one can achieved Contentment by living "in the moment" which represents a way to stop the judgemental process of discriminating between good and bad.
However in practice attempting to live in the moment is difficult because a person's attention is not only distracted by sensory stimuli but also psychological processes that conspire to make him think subconsciously or consciously.
And this thinking process is always involved with memories. Hence the attempt to staying put with the present is a ponderous one given that there is always this subconscious struggle to break away from memories especially unhappy ones.
For this reason, specialization of this pursuit to live in the moment are found in many religions and manifested in forms of meditation and prayer to get in touch with the innermost being-ness and hence Contentment.
A more practical way for most people would be to simply practice Contentment as an attitude: Just be contented. It might be added that being grateful for the good things - to count one's blessings - is perhaps a more reasonable way to understand what Contentment as an attitude is about.
Practicing Contentment as such does away with the need for other concepts - be it arguments about why one is unhappy and various practices to achieve contentment. Seen in this light, Contentment is not an achievement but an attitude that one can adopt at any time.
Of course it must be remembered that even this attitude does not obliterate the need for one to keep improving on outer circumstances. It is just that we need to see them as separate dimensions in living - one is about attitude and the other is about achieving.
The American philosopher,
wrote a book Complacency:The Foundation of Human Behavior (1925) in which he claimed that the human need for complacency (i.e. inner tranquility) was the hidden spring of human behavior. Dr. Raup made this the basis of his
theory, which he later used in his severe criticisms of the American Education system of the 1930s.
However in the context of present-day society perhaps the multidimensional Leisure Culture evinces in a very significant way the desire of man to return to his core state of Contentment by letting go of his hectic outer activities. This will be further elucidated below.
Exploring The Idea of Contentment Through the Lens of Positive Psychology:
In many ways, Contentment, which can be defined as the state of being satisfied, can be closely associated with the concept of happiness.
In Positive Psychology social scientists study what might contribute to living a good life, or what would lead to people having increased positive mood and overall satisfaction with their life.
Happiness, in Positive Psychology, is defined in a twofold manner, which in totality is referred to as Subjective Well-Being. How much positive emotion (Positive Affect) as opposed to negative emotion (Negative Affect) does a person have, and how does one view one's life overall(global satisfaction) are the questions asked in Positive Psychology to determine Happiness. Maybe Contentment could be more associated or closely related to a person's level of satisfaction with his/her life (global satisfaction), but nevertheless the idea of Contentment is certainly intertwined in the concept of what makes people happy.
Positive Psychology finds it very important to study what contributes to people being happy and to people flourishing, and finds it just as important to focus on the constructive ways in which people function and adapt, as opposed to the general field of psychology which focuses more on what goes wrong or is pathological with human beings.
Variables that Contribute to Happiness in the Research:
Satisficer vs. Maximizer
These are two concepts that define the ways in which people make choices. A Satisficer is a person who will make a decision once his/her criteria is met, and a Maximizer, on the other hand, won't make a decision until every possible option is explored. It might be intuitive to see how the research has shown that being a Satisficer is positively associated with happiness, and being a Maximizer is negatively associated with happiness.
Genes and Happiness
This may be a harsh reality for some to accept, but just as a 'depressive brain' can be inherited, there is a strong relationship between happiness and genes (or the happy brain, if you will). Happiness is 50% heritable. There is a genetic set point that each person has inherited and although people may fluctuate from that set point, based on negative experiences that they may encounter, they will come back to that level of happiness that they were genetically predisposed to having.
Personality and Happiness
Through factor analysis, personality has been narrowed down to the theory called the Big Five Factor, which are these five aspects of heritable personality traits: Openness to Experience, Conscientiousness, Extraversion, Agreeableness, and Neuroticism. Research has shown that personality is 50% heritable. There are two aspects of personality which are related to happiness. There is a strong relationship between Extraversion and happiness, in that the more extraverted a person is (or behaves in fact) the more happy he/she will be. The other aspect of personality which has a strong relationship to happiness is the genetic predisposition to Neuroticism. The more neurotic (emotionally unstable) a person is, the more likely he/she is to be unhappy.
Goal Pursuits and Happiness
Reaching goals that are important to you and that are in alignment with your personality, can contribute to your feelings of confidence and mastery. It is important to establish goals that are neither too easy or too hard, but that are optimally challenging. It is also important to note that investing energy in avoiding goals will contribute to diminishing happiness as well as deter one from reaching one's goals, which can be quite intuitive to understand.
Money and Happiness
Many people strongly associate money with happiness, and they believe that being rich will contribute greatly to making them happier, and we see that this idea is increasing as the American society reflects this growing materialism. Although wealth is associated with some positive outcomes, i.e.,lighter prison sentences for the same crime, better health, and lower infant mortality, and can act as a buffer in certain instances, as mentioned previously, the overall relationship between money and happiness is marginal.
That is that, beyond a low threshold where the basic needs are met, money has a very small impact on happiness. There is also the concept of the Diminishing Marginal Utility of Income(DMUI), which is that money has no effect on happiness once a certain income level has been reached, and which represents wealth and happiness as having a curvilinear relationship.
Indeed when one has met his basic needs and have more to spare, it is time to spend or give some to experience happiness. This is because happiness is really a state of in-and-out flow of one's energy. Attempt to just hoard more and more in the belief that it brings more happiness can lead to the opposite result if only because the means - that is the pursuit of money for happiness - has unwittingly become the ends.
Leisure and Happiness
The concept of work-life balance is now well accepted. At the same time it must be noted that the 'life' aspect of this 'work-life' concept includes activities devoted to one's personal life which sometimes calls for the kind of commitment and effort no less than that demanded from one's work-life.
In some societies this 'life' aspect might include looking after the elderly infirm, sending children to and from schools, preparing the meals, cleaning the house and doing the laundry. They are as much work as the work life. And in the midst of all these the need for leisure activities is simply an alien concept.
Leisure as a culture is not a universal societal value although the younger generation in developed or near-developed societies seems more inclined toward it. Overseas trips, lounging in a cafe with friends, attending concerts, relaxing in a spa, karaoke-ing and similar activities after office hours are now prevalent among that generation. In fact over the last 15 years the market has seen a tremendous surge in demand for such leisure services.
This trend might look like an offshoot of a m however the need for leisure is in fact intrinsic in humans and only through the demands of modern economic life - run as it were by the clock, timetables, deadlines and schedules - did this need fade into the background.
Man's need for leisure is intrinsic simply because that's the state he was born with or rather that is the state of life in the natural world. Leisure implies that one is not pressured by others or oneself to deliver a certain result but that life is lived to enjoy the simple pleasures of exploring the world that one is born into.
This happy state of life is that generally experienced by the pre-school child and is gradually lost when duties and responsibilities of school life and subsequently the adult work-life enter into the picture.
Not all societies have embraced the leisure culture officially even when they have attained a certain level of affluence. The tradition of the survival-driven lifestyle continues to influence the older generation in certain developed societies such that the thought of retirement is still dreaded by some in the belief that it will quickly lead to boredom and senility. For this reason some elderly people way beyond their official retirement age insist on working.
There is some grounds for this kind of thinking given that their societies have not come to terms with leisure as a legitimate lifestyle - let alone recognize it as a major contributor to a growing business sector. For this reason these societies do not have in place an infrastructure that strongly supports the leisure culture - such as represented by a universal social welfare system and rich amenities for retirees to enjoy their old age. Such societies even if they were to become more affluent may continue to find happiness elusive among their people.
Leisure is intrinsically sought after by all as a way to release the tensions and stresses of work-life. It is often used to indulge in play - as is witnessed by how constantly obsessed nowadays people are with surfing the Internet, movies and games through their smartphones. There is no doubt that these are enjoyable activities.
But leisure also allows people - without the need of any modern gadgets - to re-connect with family and friends and experience the happiness arising from that interaction such as chatting over a drink or meal.
Health and Happiness
Historically major Eastern mystical teachings on human development like those from India and China do not make a separation between the spiritual and physical. Happiness or Contentment was never viewed as an isolated state from physical health. Physical health-enhancing practices such as Hatha Yoga and Qigong/Kungfu - and their respective herbalism known as Ayurveda and TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) - were consonant with and fully integrated into those mystical teachings in the implicit belief that the attainment of the ideal state of consciousness requires a healthy body as a launchpad or basis even.
Personal development and health in these systems are understood more as a holistic development of the various aspects of the multidimensional human being.
The concept of body and mind interplay (including relationship factor) now known as psychosomatic medicine had always been part and parcel of the so-called mystical teachings particularly in TCM. An unhappy angry patient may be told by a TCM physician that there is a lot of trapped heat in her internal organs and then treated accordingly with herbs or acupuncture. At times if the TCM physician is a Qigong practitioner which is not uncommon, he may even recommend some Qigong exercises for the patient to practise.
However given that adepts in such complex holistic analysis and treatment are hard to come by, Eastern health maintenance practices may not necessarily be always adequate, reliable or even safe. Mainstream Western medicine and a good personal knowledge into the common health issues and how to treat them safely at home should also be included in the total package to ensure good health so that the human body can be fit vehicle for optimal and positive performance - the foundation of happiness.
Outer success and material possession are secondary when health is compromised. One cannot be happy or contented when the body is broken, this is almost commonsensical, although there are rare exceptional individuals who are able to rise above their physical predicament. However for the vast majority having a good knowledge and an effective protocol for personal health is critical to happiness not just to oneself but also to one's family and friends.
Laughter and Happiness
Laughter is synonymous with happiness. A proposal is made here that when a line of thought (e.g. joke) or sensation (e.g. tickling) is not expected by one's psychological or physiological order respectively, it triggers a certain chaos and temporary breakdown of that order. The innate Contentment intrinsic to the person then breaks through this temporal breach to express itself in happy laughter.
Laughter in fact has been used as a health therapy for many years such as in some hospitals through the showing of TV comedies for patients. Laughter clubs have also been formed in India and some Asian countries to promote laughter as a form of health-enhancement through regular meet-ups.
The global market for funny cartoons in the daily papers is a testament to humanity search for happiness delivered via laughter. However good jokes in such publications are unfortunately far less common.
Happiness or Contentment resulting from a series of good laughs can make a qualitative difference in one's life. It is just that people usually do not make a habit of making it a daily diet.
Universal Social Welfare and Happiness
Hitherto we have been exploring Happiness or Contentment based on the individual. The Nordic nations which have repeatedly been coming up tops in Happiness Index surveys - and surprisingly but most likely correlated economic performance as well - show the world that happiness is rooted critically in their welfare system which not only fulfills the healthcare, social and other essential needs of their people but also provides a high sense of security to them.
Societies should explore human happiness with this larger societal perspective, considering the need for the implementation of a collective shared risk in the form of universal social welfare. This is especially so when supporting traditional family structures for individuals are increasingly breaking down in developed societies.
Some of the earliest[] references to the state of contentment are found in the reference to the
(personal attribute) of Samayach B’Chelko. The expression comes from the word samayach (root Sin-Mem-Chet) meaning "happiness, joy or contentment", and chelko (root Chet-Lamed-Kuf) meaning "portion, lot, or piece", and combined mean contentment with one’s lot in life. The attribute is referred to in the
source which says
“Ben Zoma said: Who is rich? Those who are happy with their portion.”
The origins of contentment in Jewish culture reflect an even older thinking reflected in the
which says,
A joyful heart m A sad heart makes a despondent mood. All the days of a poor person are wretched, but contentment is a feast without end.
The issue of contentment remained in Jewish thinking during the
as evident for example in the writings of , an eleventh-century Spanish poet-philosopher who taught,
Who seeks more than he needs, hinders himself from enjoying what he has. Seek what you need and give up what you need not. For in giving up what you don’t need, you’ll learn what you really do need.
In , true contentment is achieved through establishing a relationship with Allah, always keeping Him in mind. The
Truly, it is in the remembrance of (God) that hearts can find contentment
—Quran - 13:29
This verse reveals that the more the people gain the trivial goods of this life, the greater becomes the hunger and the consequent burning of their heart. But as for those who seek God, the more they turn to Him, the greater is their peace of mind. This means that a search for the
or a supreme
is inherent within human nature and the innermost yearning of a human being. The real and ultimate goal of a person's life.
In a well known
(saying of the prophet ) the prophet said:
If the son of Adam (the human being) were given a valley full of riches, he would love
and if he were given the second one, he would love to have a third, for nothing satisfies the belly of Adam's son except dust (of the grave). And Allah forgives he who repents (turns) to Him.
—Saheeh Bukhari-Vol 8:book76
(), movement or positions, breathing practices, and concentration, as well as the yamas and niyamas, can contribute to a physical state of contentment ().
sense, it is the freedom from anxiety, want, or need. Contentment is the goal behind all goals because once achieved there is nothing to seek until it is lost. A living system cannot maintain contentment for very long as complete balance and harmony of forces means death. Living systems are a complex dance of forces which find a stability far from balance. Any attainment of balance is quickly met by rising pain which ends the momentary experience of satisfaction or contentment achieved. 's task was to find the solution to this never-ending descent into dissatisfaction or . The Buddhist faith is based on the belief that he succeeded.
Contentment (or Sabar or Santokh) is important aspect in life of Sikh and is known as attainment of First Treasure. Sikhism categorize Contentment into two form: Contentment (Santokh) and True Contentment(Satt Santokh/Sabar). The Contentment can be broken turning soul greedy for Temporal world but True Contentment is never broken and such soul is eligible for Supreme State. The soul having contentment is called Saabari or Santokhi.
Graham, Michael C. (2014). Facts of Life: ten issues of contentment. Outskirts Press.  .
Selig man, M Michal Csikszentmilhalyi (January 2000). "Positive Psychology". American Psychologist 54 (1): 5–10.
Selig man, M Michal Csikszentmihalyi (January 2000). "Positive Psychology". American Psychologist 54 (1): 5–10.
Schwartz, Barry|coauthors=Ward, ALyubomirsky, SMonterosso,JWhite, Katherine Maximizing Versus Satisficing:Happiness Is a Matter of Choice Journal of Personality & Social Psychology|year=2002|month=November|volume=83|issue=5|pages=
Lykken, D Tellegen, Auke (3 May 1996). "Happiness Is A Stochastic Phenomenon". Psychological Science 7 (3): 186–189. :.
Weiss, A Bates, T Luciano, Michelle (March 2008). "Happiness Is A Personal(ity) Thing:The Genetics of Personality and Well-Being in a Representative Sample". Psychological Science 19 (3): 205–210. :.  .
Sheldon, K.M.; Elliot, A.J (1999). "Goal Striving, Need Satisfaction, and Longitudinal Well-Being:The Self-Concordance Model". Journal Of Personality and Social Psychology 76: 482–497. :.
Wilkinson (1996). "Unhealthy Societies:The Afflictions of Inequality".
Veenhoven, Ruut (1991). "Is Happiness Relative?". Social Indicators Research 24: 1–34. :.
Babylonian Talmud, Shabbat 32a also found in Pirkei Avot 4:1
Proverbs 15:13 and 15, Rabbi Meir Leibush (Malbim)
Mivhar Hapeninim 155,161 as found in The Jewish Moral Virtues, Borowitz and Schwartz, p.164
?? ?????? ???? ??? ????? ??? ??? ??? ???? ??? You
the Word of Your Shabad is cool and soothing. Through it, we are lovingly, intuitively attuned to You. ||3||, Page 1038, Adi Granth
Page 1384, Adi G ??? ????? ????? ??? ??? ?????????? ? Sabar an?ar sābrī ?an evai jāleni?. Those who are patie in this way, they burn their bodies.
Borowitz, Eugene B. & Weinman Schwartz, Frances, The Jewish Moral Virtues, , 1999
Meir Leibush (Malbim), Rabbi, translated by Charles Wengrov and Avivah Gottlieb Zornberg, Malbim on Mishley: The Book of Proverbs in Hebrew & English, Feldheim, 2001
Fohrman, David & Kasnett, Nesanel, Rabbis, editors,
Volume 3, Shabbat 32a, Volume I, ArtScroll / Mesorah, 1999
Wikiquote has quotations related to:
in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
: Hidden categories:}

我要回帖

更多关于 isis武装分子是什么 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信