请帮我做这道题并讲解,谢谢___he first heard of that the emcompasss was first invented in China.

谁会这道题:阅读理解.
The horsepower was first used two hundred years ago.James Watt had made the world's first widely used steam engine.He had no way of telling people exactly how powerful it was,for at that time ther_百度作业帮
The horsepower was first used two hundred years ago.James Watt had made the world's first widely used steam engine.He had no way of telling people exactly how powerful it was,for at that time ther
&&&& The horsepower was first used two hundred years ago.James Watt had made the world's first widely used steam engine.He had no way of telling people exactly how powerful it was,for at that time there were no units for measuring power.&&&&Watt decided to find out how much work one strong horse could do in one minute.He called that unit one horsepower.With this unit he could measure the work his steam engine could do.&&&&He discovered that a horse could lift a 3,300-pound weight 10 feet into the air in one minute.His engine could lift a 3,300 pound weight 100 feet in one minute.&&&&Because his engine did ten times as much work as the horse,Watt called it a ten-horsepower engine.
1.Watt made the world's first ______.
A.train&&&&&&&& B.engine&&&&&& C.steam engine&&&&&&&& D.bus
2.Watt wanted to find a way ______.
A.to lift a 3,300-pound weight&&&&&& B.to show how useful his steam engine was C.to tell people exactly how powerful his steam engine was D.to measure the weight of his steam engine
3.What does one horsepower mean?It means ______.
A.one horse's power&&&&&&&&&&&& B.what one strong horse can do in one minute C.what one horse can do in a day&& D.what work one horse can do as much as possible
4.&&Which is not true?______.&
A.Watt decided to find out how much work one strong horse could do in one minute B.Watt decided to make the world's first widely used horse engine C.He wanted to find a way to tell people exactly how powerful his engine was D.to&&measure the weight of his steam engine
5.The best headline for the article is ______.&
A.Horsepower&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Watt's steam engine C.A ten-horsepower engine&&&&&& D.The beginning of horsepower
1-5: CCBBD高二英语Units 5-6试题及讲解
>> 文章正文高二英语Units 5-6试题及讲解发表时间: 21:15:53&来源:荣县中学&编辑:吕国生点击/评论:2655/0
第一节:单项填空(共15小题, 每小题1分)从A、B、C、D四个选项中, 选出适合空白处的最佳选项。11. It is______to predict the future of modern industry. A. likely&&&&B. probably&&&C. possible&&&D. perhaps解析:likely或许, 指有充分根据的推测, 通常与most, very连用;probably(adv. )大概, 肯定成分较大, 是most likely的意思;possible表示客观上潜在的可能性;perhaps(adv. )“也许, 有也许如此, 也许不如此”的意思。答案:C12. The little chick ______ the earthworm, deciding whether to swallow it or let it go. A. stared at&&&B. glimpsed at&&&C. looked into&&&D. glared at 解析:四个选项的意思分别是:盯着看;瞥一眼;调查;怒视。答案:A13. The ______ engineer had planned to design the blueprint the way no one else had ever done. A. main&&&&B. chief&&&&C. major&&&&D. total 解析:chief engineer 意思是“主管工程师, 总工程师”。答案:B14. The Group of Eight______the eight richest countries in the world. A. consists by&&&&&&&&B. consists ofC. is consisted by&&&&&&&D. is consisted of解析:consist of意为“由……组成, 由……构成”, consist无被动形式。答案:B15. It's my first holiday for two years so I'm going to______the most of it. A. try&&&&B. use up&&&&C. make&&&&D. do解析:make the most of sth. /sb. /oneself意为“充分利用, 充分展示”。答案:C16. Dinner was almost over when Dan still looking hungry grinned and asked Dave______he wasn't going to have some bread. A. that&&&&B. if&&&&&C. whether&&&D. /解析:如果引导的宾语从句为否定结构, 则用if, 而不用whether。答案:B17. He differed from other people______he always looked farther ahead in his work. A. the&&&&B. in that&&&&C. because of&&&D. in解析:本句为介词宾语从句, 由that引导的从句很少作介词的宾语从句, 只有在except, in, but, besides等少数介词后用。本句意为:他和别人的不同之处是他在工作中比别人都看得远。答案:B18. He made______clear to the poor peasant that he would make him______if he saved him. A. /;the king&&&&&&&&B.the kingC. /;king&&&&&&&&&D.king解析:it作形式宾语, 不可省去;make+宾语+补语(形容词、名词、介词等)指“使成为, 使处于某种状态(地位)”。答案:D19. He announced, believe it or not, ______he would never forgive her. A. that&&&&B. /&&&&&C. which&&&&D. then解析:that从句与主句谓语之间有插入语或者与主句主语之间有插入语时, that不可省略。答案:A20. My father made me a promise______I got a good mark he would buy me a present. A. that&&&&B. which&&&&C. that if&&&&D. if解析:promise后面的句子是promise的同位语从句, 同位语从句中含有条件状语从句。答案:C21. The policemen searched the suspected person and his home ______ the proofs, which could prove that he had something to do with the case. A. after&&&&B. for&&&&C. into&&&&D. by 解析:search sb. / sp. for sth. 意思是“搜身;搜查某地方以找到……”。答案:B22. The youth should have as much knowledge as possible in ______, for the future use in the building of our country. A. opinion&&&&&&&&B. heartC. brains&&&&&&&&&D. store 解析:in store为固定短语, 意思是“储存, 储备”。答案:D23. ―Are you still thinking about yesterday's game?―Oh, that's______. A. what makes me feel excitedB. whatever I feel excited about C. how I feel about itD. when I feel excited 解析:what引导表语从句, 并且在从句中作主语。答案:A24. If you're going out for a walk, I'll come along and keep you______. A. partner&&&&B. friend&&&&C. pair&&&&D. company 解析:keep sb. company 意思是“陪伴某人, 作某人的伴”。答案:D25. ―I didn't know this was a one-way street, officer. ―______A. That's all right. B. I don't believe you. C. How dare you say that?D. Sorry, but there's no excuse. 解析:从句中的didn't可知事情已经发生, 而且从后文中的“this was a one-way street”可看出, 是做错了事情。因此, D项很容易选出。答案:D第二节:完形填空(共20小题, 每小题1分)阅读下面短文, 从短文后所给各题的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。  As for daily life, I think that we will be able to& 26& most of our shopping by& 27& and this will be taken to our homes, so& 28& there won't be any& 29& to go out to the& 30& . I'm sure that most of our homes will have a video& 31& so we will be able to& 32& the person we are talking to. We will also be& 33& 'holovision'which will give you three dimensional(三维的)life-size pictures& 34& your screen―this will replace television. & 35& improved technology, there will be no more road accidents. Cars will be guided by computers so people will not have to do any more driving.   I think most of our food will be in the form of pills and liquids which will have all the vitamins and protein(蛋白质)& 36& we need for a balanced diet. Only when we go out for social& 37& will we eat the same food as today, but we will& 38& be eating meat.   About once a year our bodies will go into a health centre for a service in much the same way as a car&& 39& be repaired. So, for example, our veins(静脉)will be cleaned out, our blood made pure, our muscles built up and so on. Any part that is& 40& could be replaced by a new plastic part. We will all be much& 41& by then anyway, because there will be more& 42& for us to use for exercise. Also a safe medicine will have been discovered which will allow people to lose or put on& 43& as they need. One exciting development will be the possibility of being deep frozen& 44& a period of time and then& 45& some years later. I would be interested in that myself. 26. A. order&&&B. go&&&&&C. make&&&&D. get解析:order意为“订购”。答案:A27. A. radio&&&B. telephone&&&C. computer&&&D. car解析:根据下文可知, 此处指“计算机”。答案:C28. A. of course&&&B. in fact&&&&C. after all&&&&D. in all解析:in fact实际上。答案:B29. A. time&&&&B. money&&&&C. necessary&&&D. need解析:there is no need to do sth. 没必要做某事。necessary为形容词。答案:D30. A. shops&&&B. hospitals&&&C. schools&&&&D. need解析:本句意思是“人们可通过计算机订购要买的东西, 而不必去商店”。答案:A31. A. tape&&&&B. TV set&&&&C. telephone&&&D. recorder解析:video telephone可视电话。答案:C32. A. notice&&&B. listen to&&&C. see&&&&D. hear解析:此处意思是“见到, 看到”。答案:C33. A. playing&&&B. watching&&&C. making&&&&D. finding解析:表示“看电视”用动词watch。答案:B34. A. in&&&&B. with&&&&C. by&&&&&D. on解析:on your screen 在屏幕上。答案:D35. A. Because of&&&&&&&B. BecauseC. Thanks for&&&&&&&&D. Instead of解析:because of. . . 由于……答案:A36. A. when&&&B. how&&&&C. that&&&&D. what解析:that引导一个定语从句。答案:C37. A. meeting&&&B. eating&&&&C. activity&&&&D. problem答案:B38. A. no longer&&&&&&&B. no moreC. not any longer&&&&&&&D. not any more解析:no longer不再……答案:A39. A. has to&&&B. ought to&&&C. might&&&&D. can解析:have to do sth. 必须做……, 不得不……答案:A40. A. run out&&&B. turned out&&&C. broken out&&&D. worn out解析:wear out耗尽。答案:D41. A. prettier&&&B. healthier&&&C. busier&&&&D. cleverer解析:根据下文可知此处指更健康。答案:B42. A. money&&&B. places&&&&C. room&&&&D. free time解析:free time空闲时间。答案:D43. A. height&&&B. weight&&&&C. clothes&&&&D. performances解析:lose/put on weight减/增肥。答案:B44. A. for&&&&B. in&&&&&C. during&&&&D. by解析:for此处表示时间的持续。答案:A45. A. getting up&&B. waking up&&&C. using up&&&D. walking about解析:wake up醒来。答案:B第三部分:阅读理解(共15小题, 满分30分)阅读下列短文, 从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中选出最佳选项。
  Do you know that you can use your watch as a compass(指南针) on a sunny day?Take a watch and point the hour-hand in the direction(方向) of the sun. Imagine a line which runs from the center of the watch through a point half-way between the hour-hand and number one. This line will surely point south.   If you know astronomy a little, you will understand why this works. In the northern half of the earth, the sun is in the south at noon. In Russia, the real noon is one o'clock. If at that time we point the hour-hand at the sun, the hour-hand and number one will point south. That is why you must imagine a line which will run from the center of the watch through a point half-way between the hour-hand and number one. It will point south. If you are in the southern part of our planet, you must point number 12 at the sun. The line which you can imagine between number twelve and the hour-hand will then show south. 46. When we carry out this experiment in the northern part of the earth, we should point ______ at the sun. A. number 12&&&&&&&&B. the minute-handC. the hour-hand&&&&&&&D. number one解析:该题为细节判断题。根据文章第一段的描述可以知道:若在北半球进行这个试验, 必须将表的时针指向太阳。答案:C47. The passage tells us that we can use a watch on a sunny day______. A. to study the weather &&&&&&B. to show direction C. to enjoy ourselves &&&&&&D. to keep good time解析:该题为细节判断题。根据文章第一段中compass和direction这些关键词, 可以判断出答案。答案:B48. If you are in Australia, which of the following is the right way to show north?&解析:澳大利亚在南半球, 因此根据第二段中的说明“If you are in the southern part of our planet, you must point number 12 at the sun. ”因此数字12应该指向太阳。答案:D49. What's the best title for this passage?A. Your Watch Becomes a CompassB. An Interesting WatchC. The Story of a WatchD. The Sun and a Watch解析:该题为主旨大意题。文章首句就是主题句。答案:A
  I fell in love with England because it was quaint(古雅的)―all those little houses, looking terribly old-fashioned but nice, like dolls' houses. I loved the countryside and the pubs, and I loved London. I've slightly changed my mind after seventeen years because I think it's an ugly town now.   Things have changed. For everybody, England meant gentlemen, fair play, and good manners. The fair play is going, unfortunately, and so are the gentlemanly attitudes and good manners―people shut doors heavily in your face and politeness is disappearing.   I regret that there are so few comfortable meeting places. You're forced to live indoors. In Paris I go out much more, to restaurants and nightclubs. To meet friends here it usually has to be in a pub, and it can be difficult to go there alone as a woman. The cafes are not terribly nice.   As a woman, I feel unsafe here. I spend a bomb on taxis because I will not take public transport after 10 p. m. I used to use it, but now I'm afraid. The idea of family seems to be more or less non-existent in England. My family is well united and that's typically French. In Middlesex I had a neighbor who is 82 now. His family only lived two miles away, but I took him to France for Christmas once because he was always alone. 50. The writer doesn't like London because she______. A. is not used to the life there nowB. has lived there for seventeen yearsC. prefers to live in an old-fashioned houseD. has to be polite to everyone she meets there解析:第二段首句“Things have changed. ”明确点出:我所熟悉或习惯的伦敦已经改变了, 变得我不适应了。答案:A51. Where do people usually meet their friends in England?A. In a cafe. &&&&&&&&B. In a restaurant. C. In a nightclub. &&&&&&&D. In a pub. 解析:该题为细节题。根据“To meet friends here it usually has to be in a pub, ”可以判断出来。答案:D52. The underlined part “it” (in Para. 4) refers to ______. A. a taxi&&&&B. the money&&&C. a bomb&&&&D. public transport答案:D53. The writer took her neighbor to France for Christmas because he______. A. felt lonely in EnglandB. had never been to FranceC. was from a typical French familyD. didn't like the British idea of family解析:参考文章最后一句话。答案:A
CInterview with a President
  While many teenagers may dream of meeting with pop star Jay Chou(周杰伦) or NBA hero Yao Ming, Li Jing had a far powerful person on her mind. The Senior 2 student from Beijing No. 35 High School dreamt of meeting Russian President Vladimir Putin.   After more than a year of hard work and with a little good luck, Li realized her dream. On October 11, 2004, the 16-year-old girl joined a team of Chinese journalists who went to the Kremlin, in Moscow, to interview Putin. Li felt nervous before talking with Putin. “But his greeting and warm smile put me at ease, ” she said.   Li admires Putin very much, because of his strong will and style of leadership. “He looks very cool, ” Li said. During her interview, Li asked Putin whether he plans to educate his two teenage daughters to be officials in the future. Putin smiled and answered he hopes they can do whatever job suits their interests and personalities(个性).   Although Li would only have several minutes, she started working on her interview questions last August after asking for the chance. “Journalists” work is by no means easy. You need to do lots of homework on your interviewee, ” she said. She read many books about Putin and Russia in her spare time.   Li's parents encouraged her to be a student journalist. “We fully support her, as long as it does not affect(影响) her studies, ” said her father. Previously in her job for a student magazine, Chinese Young Journalists, she wrote a letter to President Hu Jintao during the SARS epidemic (流行疫情).   Li has learnt a lot from her experience. She said learning to manage her time and develop the confidence to speak with important people were not things she could learn in class. 54. The underlined word “interviewee” in the fifth paragraph probably means ______. A. the person who interviewsB. the person who is interviewed C. the person who know how to interviewD. the person who plan to interview a famous people 解析:根据构词法的知识可以猜测该词的词义。以-ee为后缀结尾的词, 一般表示“被……的人”。答案:B55. Which of the following best describe Li Jing's parents' attitude towards her being a student journalist?A. They think to be a student journalist is purely a waste of time. B. They worry that to be a student journalist will affect her studies. C. They consider it is quite good for Li Jing on the condition of not striking her study. D. They neither support it nor object to it. 解析:从文章倒数第二段可以看出, 父母对她的课外活动的态度是很支持的, 前提是不影响学习。答案:C56. Li Jing is different from those students of her age in that ______. A. she doesn't like pop star Jay ChouB. she hates meeting with the NBA hero Yao MingC. she wants to meet neither Jay Chou nor Yao MingD. she dreams of meeting the president powerful Russian leader解析:该题为细节题。根据文章第一段的说明可以判断出。答案:D57. Which of the following statements is NOT true?A. Li realized her dream not just because of her hard work. B. Li was at ease at the first sight of President Putin. C. Li considers Putin a great leader because of his strong will and style of leadership. D. Li thinks it impossible to learn in class the confidence to speak with great people. 解析:该题为细节题。根据第三段的描述我们可以知道:她开始的时候有些紧张。答案:B
  The decision to further all or part of your studies outside your country is a serious one, and one which for most students will have a special life-long benefit. If you realize English will help you in your career and enrich your personal life, you will find that coming to England to study English is a very special experience that you will never forget. I am very pleased to have this opportunity to invite you to join our English Language courses.   London is one of the world's outstanding cultural and trade center. You will live in one of the world's great cities. It provides the perfect arrangements in which to learn and develop English language skills. The international body of the students attending courses at English Language Institutes in London provides an attraction because it is a good chance for you to enjoy other cultures in surroundings to developing personal character. As we prepare for the 21st century, international communication has never been more important. To master a foreign language is becoming a useful tool for trade, industrial and professional success. Our aim at the English Language Institutes is to develop students' English language skill in friendly and helpful conditions.   Supported by computer, video and audio equipment, and using sound classroom, our team of teachers will guide you through your chosen course of study, you will receive excellent service and advice at every stage. Out-of-class support staff will help you settle in and make the most of your stay in London. Truly, you will enjoy yourself in London and make friendships that will last a lifetime. I hope we can welcome you to this exciting world of London. Come and see us!Visit a class in any of the English Language Institutes. See for yourself why we encourage you to study in London. 58. The writer invites you to join their English Language course, because______. A. London is really a good place for learning EnglishB. you can enjoy a special foreign cultureC. London is a great international trade centerD. computers can teach you to learn English well解析:细节推理题。该校坐落在伦敦, 而在伦敦学习英语的优势很多:one of the world's outstanding cultural and trade center. . . the perfect arrangements in which to learn and develop English language skills. . . . 故A为最佳选项。答案:A59. The main purpose of the text is______. A. to introduce something about LondonB. to let know the importance of learning EnglishC. to tell us the skills of learning EnglishD. to tell us that education in London is free解析:写作目的猜测题。本文介绍了伦敦的一所语言学校, 故选A比较合适。答案:A60. This passage is a(an)______. A. story&&&&&&&&&B. novelC. letter&&&&&&&&&D. advertisement解析:写作文体猜测题。很明显这是一则广告。答案:D第Ⅱ卷(共20分)第四部分:写作(共两节, 满分20分)第一节:短文改错(共10小题, 每小题1分)此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。对标有题号的每一行作出判断。如无错误, 在该行右边横线上划一个勾(√);如有错误(每行只有一个错误), 则按下列情况改正:该行多一个词:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉, 在该行右边横线上写出该词, 并也用斜线划掉。该行缺一个词:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧), 在该行右边横线上写出该加的词。该行错一个词:在错的词下划一横线, 在该行右边横线上写出改正后的词。注意:原行没有错的不要改。I often dream of a teacher. I dream of standing on the&&&&&&& 61. ______ platform in the classroom and give lessons to lovely boys&&&&&& 62. ______ and girls. I teach them, play with them, but watch them&&&&&&& 63. ______ growing up. I am always young when I was staying&&&&&&& 64. ______ with them. I know there is not easy to be a teacher. You&&&&&&& 65. ______ have to learn in order to teach. With enough knowledge,& &&&&&& 66. ______ you can never learn well. What is more, you have to&&&&&&& 67. ______ be friends with your pupils and take good care of him.& &&&&&& 68. ______ Only in this way can you be a good teacher and win&&&&&&& 69. ______ respect from them. Though I am a student now, I will work as very hard to make my dream come true.& &&&&&&& &&&&&&& &&&& 70. ______ 答案:61. a前加being或becoming&&&62. give→giving63. but→and&&&&&&64. was→am65. there→it&&&&&&66. with→without67. learn→teach&&&&&68. him→them69. √&&&&&&&70. 去掉as第二节:书面表达(共10分)假定你是某高二学生叫王洪, 非常喜爱英语, 现在给美国的朋友Tom写封信介绍一些亚太经合组织会议的情况。包括下列内容:亚太经合组织会议开幕后, 有关这方面的书籍非常受欢迎, 目前, 它们介绍了亚太经合组织的历史、发展、成员国之间合作及其前景。作为2001亚太经合会议的东道主――上海人希望更多的人理解组织这次会议的意义, 并为代表团提供热情的服务。很多上海人掀起了学英语的热潮, 争先购买学英语的书。因为英语是亚太会议的工作语言。他们希望与外国人交流, 同时, 利用这个机会提高他们的外语。参考答案:Dear Tom,
  I hope you are fine. I would like to tell you something about APEC in Shanghai now.   A lot of books about APEC are now popular in China, especially in Shanghai. At present, most of them are introducing APEC's history, development course, the economic cooperations among members and its future. It is necessary for Shanghai citizens, as host of the APEC, to have a better understanding of the meeting. Many citizens buy English-learning books, as English is the working language of APEC.   They hope to have better talks with foreigners and take this chance to improve their own oral English.
Yours sincerely,
&附件下载:来源:荣县中学&&编辑:吕国生相关文章
COPYRIGHT 2008 四川省荣县中学校版权所有&四川省荣县中学校和联合设计制作
地址:四川省荣县旭阳镇文庙街110号&备案序号:蜀ICP备号&邮政编码:643100
Email:&联系电话:}

我要回帖

更多关于 gulp compass 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信