上传于||文档简介
&&语​言​学​ ​ ​上​课​ ​ ​课​件​ ​ ​考​试
大小:580.50KB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢当前位置:&&&&&&&&&&&&正文
Phonics, Syllable and Accent Rules--最简单也是重要的英语发音规则
文章标签:&&&&&&
Phonics Rules
The vowels are "a,e,i,o, and u"; also sometimes "y" & "w". This also includes the diphthongs "oi,oy,ou,ow,au,aw, oo" and many others.
The consonants are all the other letters which stop or limit the flow of air from the
in speech. They are: "b,c,d,f,g,h,j,k,l,m,n,p,qu,r,s,t,v,w,x,y,z,ch,sh,th,ph,wh, ng, and gh".
1. Sometimes the rules don't work.
There are many exceptions in English because of the vastness of the language and the many languages from which it has borrowed. The rules do work however, in the majority of the words.
in every word must have a vowel.
English is a "vocal" Every word must have a vowel.
3. "C" followed by "e, i or y" usually has the soft sound of "s". Examples: "cyst", "central", and "city".
4. "G" followed by "e, i or y" usually has the soft sound of "j". Example: "gem", "gym", and "gist".
5. When 2 consonants are joined together and form one new sound, they are a
digraph. They count as one sound and one letter and are never separated. Examples: "ch,sh,th,ph and wh".
and has only one vowel, that vowel is short. Examples: "fat, bed, fish, spot, luck".
ends in a silent "e", the silent "e" is a signal that the vowel in front of it is long. Examples: "make, gene, kite, rope, and use".
has 2 vowels together, the first vowel is usually long and the second is silent. Examples: "pain, eat, boat, res/cue, say, grow". NOTE: Diphthongs don' In a diphthong, the vowels blend together to create a single new sound. The diphthongs are: "oi,oy,ou,ow,au,aw, oo" and many others.
ends in any vowel and is the only vowel, that vowel is usually long. Examples: "pa/per, me, I, o/pen, u/nit, and my".
10. When a vowel is followed by an "r" in the same syllable, that vowel is "r-controlled". It is not long nor short. "R-controlled "er,ir,and ur" often sound the same (like "er"). Examples: "term, sir, fir, fur, far, for, su/gar, or/der".
Basic Syllable Rules
1. To find the number of syllables:
---count the vowels in the word,
---subtract any silent vowels, (like the silent "e" at the end of a word or the second vowel when two vowels a together in a syllable) ---subtract one vowel from every diphthong, (diphthongs only count as one vowel sound.)
---the number of vowels sounds left is the same as the number of syllables.
The number of syllables that you hear when you pronounce a word is the same as the number of vowels sounds heard. For example:
The word "came" has 2 vowels, but the "e" is silent, leaving one vowel sound andone syllable.
The word "outside" has 4 vowels, but the "e" is silent and the "ou" is a diphthong which counts as only one sound, so this word has only two vowels sounds and therefore, two syllables.
2. Divide between two middle consonants.
Split up words that have two middle consonants. For example:
hap/pen, bas/ket, let/ter, sup/per, din/ner, and Den/nis. The only exceptions are the
digraphs. Never split up
digraphs as they really represent only one sound. The exceptions are "th", "sh", "ph", "th", "ch", and "wh".
3. Usually divide before a single middle consonant.
When there is only one syllable, you usually divide in front of it, as in:
"o/pen", "i/tem", "e/vil", and "re/port". The only exceptions are those times when the first
short sound, as in "cab/in".
4. Divide before the
before an "-le" syllable.
When you have a word that has the old-style
in which the "-le" sounds like "-el", divide before the
before the "-le". For example: "a/ble", "fum/ble", "rub/ble" "mum/ble" and "this/tle". The only
to this are "ckle" words like "tick/le".
5. Divide off any
words, prefixes, suffixes and roots which have vowel sounds.
Split off the parts of
words like "sports/car" and "house/boat". Divide off prefixes such at "un/happy", "pre/paid", or "re/write". Also divide off suffixes as in the words "farm/er", "teach/er", "hope/less" and "care/ful". In the word "stop/ping", the suffix is
"-ping" because this word follows the rule that when you add "-ing" to a word with one syllable, you double the last
and add the "-ing".
Accent Rules
When a word has more than one syllable, one of the syllables is always a little louder than the others. The
with the louder
is the accented syllable. It may seem that the placement of accents in words is often
or accidental, but these are some rules that usually work.
1. Accents are often on the first syllable. Examples: ba'/sic, pro'/gram.
2. In words that have suffixes or prefixes, the
is usually on the main root word. Examples: box'/es, un/tie'.
3. If de-, re-, ex-, in-,po-, pro-, or a- is the first
in a word, it is usually not accented. Examples: de/lay', ex/plore'.
4. Two vowel letters together in the last
of a word often indicates an accented last syllable. Examples: com/plain', con/ceal'.
5. When there are two like
letters within a word, the
before the double consonants is usually accented. Examples: be/gin'/ner, let'/ter.
is usually on the
before the suffixes -ion, ity, -ic, -ical, -ian, -ial, or -ious, and on the second
before the suffix -ate. Examples: af/fec/ta'/tion, dif/fer/en'/ti/ate.
7. In words of three or more syllables, one of the first two syllables is usually accented. Examples: ac'/ci/dent, de/ter'/mine.
n.咽喉;嗓子;出入口
ad.&conj.因此;所以
a.明显的;显而易见的
n.拼法;缀字
[ik?sep??n]
n.例外;反对,异议
[k?m?paund]
n.&a.混合(的) v.合成
[?aekt?u?li]
ad.事实上;实际上
n.强调;压力 vt.强调
[?aeks?nt, aek?sent]