高中英语,4篇英语短文改错错,200悬赏,求大神.

2011届高考英语Units 4-6阶段验收复习检测试题及答案
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
2011届高考英语Units&4-6阶段验收复习检测试题及答案
作者:佚名 资料来源:网络 点击数: &&&
2011届高考英语Units&4-6阶段验收复习检测试题及答案
文章来 源莲山课件 w ww.5 Y
阶段验收二(Units 4-6)第一卷第一部分 (共两节,满分30分)第一节 (共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。1.When did the man last see Mary?A. This Friday.B. Today.C. Last Friday.2.What is the man's advice?A. Get a pet right now.B. Think carefully which pet to choose.C. Ask others for further advice.3.What do we know about the woman?A. She does not like physics.B. She's interested in physics.C. She failed a physics exam.4.What is Simon like?A. He is friendly.B. He is funny.C. He is troublesome.5.How does the man feel about the movie?A. It is not good.B. It is excellent.C. It is quite new.第二节 (共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。听第6段材料,回答第6至8题。6.Which season does the man like?A. Spring.B. Winter.C. Autumn.7.What suggestion doesn't the man make to the woman?A. Come for a vacation.B. Ride around a pyramid on a camel.C. Come to Egypt by air.8.Which of the following is true about Egypt?A. It is cool in April.B. It is very hot in February.C. It is very hot in September.听第7段材料,回答第9至11题。9.What's the relationship between the two speakers?A. Doctor and patient.B. Mother and son.C. Sister and brother.10.What is David doing?A. He is editing a video.B. He is making dumplings.C. He is writing letters to friends.11.What is the video about?A. David playing football.B. David cooking.C. David's mother making dumplings.听第8段材料,回答第12至14题。12.What was the weather like when the woman came in?A. Rain was pouring down.B. It was cloudy.C. The sun was shining.13.Where did the man leave the car?A. In a parking lot beside the building.B. About a block from the building.C. Outside the employment office.14.What is the man's advice?A. They should wait till the rain stops.B. They should run to their car.C. They should make a run for home.听第9段材料,回答第15至17题。15.What kind of vegetable is expensive in the man's country?A. Carrots.B. Eggplant.C. Peas.16.What's the probable relationship between the two speakers?A. Classmates.B. Relatives.C. Strangers.17.What time will the two speakers meet this weekend?A. At 5w30.B. At 6w00.C. At 6w30.听第10段材料,回答第18至20题。18.When does Ted work on weekdays?A. From 9w00 am to 5w30 pm.B. From 8w30 am to 5w00 pm.C. From 8w00 am to 4w30 pm.19.What does Ted often go to the speaker's house to do?A. Have the speaker repair his car.B. Visit the speaker's parents.C. Play with the speaker.20.How does Ted plan to get married?A. By taking part in games.B. By traveling to China.C. By climbing the Great Wall.材料(Text 1)W:Have you seen Mary today?M:No, I haven't seen her since last Friday.(Text 2)W:I'd like to keep a pet, so I want your advice.M:Take your time before deciding on which pet... this is a very important decision.W:Oh, I see.Thank you.(Text 3)W:To tell the truth, nothing interests me less than studying physics.M:But remember, you have to pass the physics exam in order to graduate.(Text 4)M:Don't you like my friends, Lily?W:They're great! But I think S he likes to make fun of others.(Text 5)W:Was the movie as good as you had expected?M:It was a waste of time and money. We should have stayed at home.(Text 6)W:I saw a film about Egypt on TV a few weeks ago. It's really hot there, isn't it?M:Not all the time. It's only hot from about March to October.W:Oh, really? And how about the rest of the year?M:Well, it never gets very cold. But it does get quite cool between November and February. I prefer winter. It's much more comfortable& than in& the summer. You should visit Egypt? Come for a vacation. Ride around a pyramid on a camel.(Text 7)W:David,what have you been doing all day?M:Mum, I told you yesterday that I had to finish editing this video for my blog.W:Is that the video you made of me making dumplings?M:Yeah. I want to show everyone how my mother makes dumplings.W:What do you mean when you say “everyone”?M: Um, well, I guess I mean anyone. Anyone who happens to visit my blog.W:I thought it was just for your friends!M:It is. It's for my friends who read my blog―in America, New Zealand, Germany...(Text 8)W:Oh, no! It's raining!& How long has it been raining?M:Quite a while. It started just after you entered the employment office.W:Why, it's just pouring down! I don't get it. When I came in, it was clear,and the sun was shining.M:Hmm,..W:Oh... Where did you leave our car?M:I parked it about a block from here. Just up the street.W:OK. We'd better wait until the rain stops.M:I don't think it's going to stop. It'll probably keep on raining for hours. I'm afraid that we have to make a run to the car. Are you ready?W:I guess so.M:Okay... Here we go!(Text 9)W:Do you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables in your country?M:Yes, we do. The most popular vegetables are potatoes, carrots and peas. The most popular fruits are apples, bananas, pears, peaches and oranges. Do you like vegetables?W:I like them very much. We also eat a lot of vegetables in my country, but we eat different kinds.M:What& kind of& vegetables& do& people& in& your country usually eat?W:We eat a lot of sweet corn and eggplant.M:I love eggplant! Unfortunately, it's quite expensive in my country, so I don't eat it often.W:Why is it expensive?M:Well,because we don't grow it much in my country.W:I see. You can come to my home next time. My mother always cooks eggplant whenever my classmates come.M:Sounds great. Let's make it this weekend, shall we?W:That's fine. I will pick you up at 6w30 then.M:OK, see you then.W:See you.(Text 10)M:This is Edward Horsley. He's called Ted for short. He's a pleasant young man of 24. He's good&looking and he has many friends of his own age. He works in the office of a large factory, not far from his home,Mondays to Fridays from nine o'clock in the morning to five thirty in the afternoon. He lives with his parents,and gives his mother money every week for food and other living expenses. He is happy to live at home. He has one luxury―a small car which he bought second&hand. On weekends, he often comes to my house to play, or we go traveling together. We enjoy our times together.&&&& Ted hasn't married, but he has a girlfriend, the girl's name is Linda,and she's very pretty and kind&hearted. He told me that when he has enough money,he will marry her on a visit to China,because he's been looking forward to seeing the Great Walland watching the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.答案:1&5 CBACA 6&10 BCCBA11&15 CCBBB 16&20 ACACB第二部分 英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)第一节 单项(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。21.After the earthquake happened, the group of foreign tourists were ________ from the outside. Luckily, with the common effort of the guides and the government, they returned safe and sound.A.cut away      B.cut downC.cut up& D.cut off答案与解析:D 考查动词短语。本题表示地震之后这群外国游客与外界“隔绝”,cut off表示“切断,断绝,使隔绝”。22.As teachers, we ________ be considerate of our students' feelings and appeal to them. Only in this way will they trust us.A.would& B.shouldC.ought& D.might答案与解析:B 考查情态动词的基本用法。语境表示:我们对学生应该体贴并激发他们的兴趣。只有这样我们才能取得他们的信任。should=ought to=be supposed to。23.He was driving home on the highway last night when he was stopped by a policeman, ________.A.who was charged by speedingB.who accused him of speedingC.which was warned of speedingD.whom reminded him to speed答案与解析:B 本题综合考查几个语言点。首先是考查非限制性定语从句,修饰policeman;其次考查“因……而控告某人”的表达,应用accuse...of或charge...with。综上所述,最佳答案为B项。24.―How was your job interview?―Oh, I couldn't feel ________. I hardly found ________ answers to most of the questions they asked.A. exact& B. adequateC. proper& D. urgent答案与解析:C 考查形容词辨析。从语境看,第一空表示找工作的面试很糟糕,couldn't feel worse意为“不可能更糟”,即十分糟糕;第二空用proper表示“合适的”。特别注意前后语境要一致。25.________ that young babies learn to do things because certain acts lead to awards.A.It is widely acceptedB.What is widely acceptedC.Which is widely acceptedD.That is widely accepted答案与解析:A 考查从句。从空白处后的that可知,句子所含从句为主语从句。若选B项,则应改为:what is widely accepted is that...。26.________ does he have to type the report on a computer, ________ he has to get the computer to translate it into sounds.A.N but also& B.E orC.B and& D.N but答案与解析:A 考查并列关联词的用法。根据前一句采用了倒装语序来判断,应该选A项,因为not only...but also连接两个句子时,not only放在句首则其引导的句子要采用倒装语序。27.Deng Xiaoping put forward the policy of “reform and open&door” in 1978, ________ China has witnessed great changes.A.when& B.since whenC.since then& D.during which答案与解析:B 考查定语从句与并列句的辨析。根据后一分句采用了现在完成时态判断出应该排除A、D两项;逗号后无并列连词,应该用一个非限制性定语从句来补充说明先行词,then不能充当关系副词,也应该被排除,故选B项。28.Livemocha.& com is a free site ________ visitors can not just learn various languages but also chat online.A.where& B.whichC.that& D.what答案与解析:A 先行词为a free site,空格处在定语从句中作状语,因此应用关系副词where。29.People ________ hobbies which offer enjoyment, knowledge and relaxation.A.bring up& B.set upC.pick up& D.take up答案与解析:D take up开始从事。bring up养育,提出,呕吐;set up建立,创立;pick up拾起,学会,好转。30.Keep ourselves and our heart open ________ we can experience the great joy that friendship can bring.A.so that& B.even thoughC.as if& D.ever since答案与解析:A 句意:只要我们敞开心扉,就能体验到友谊带来的无穷乐趣。后句是前句的结果,因此应用连词so that。31.Some of the exercises appear to be ________ ones that you have done, but after taking ________ second look, you will find that they are different.A./; the& B. theC. a& D. /答案与解析:C 第一个空格后有定语从句that you have done修饰,因而是特指;第二个空格为不定冠词与序数词连用,表示“再一”。32.―May I ask you a question after class, sir?―________, but not during my lunch break.A.Go ahead& B.SureC.Anytime& D.Sorry答案与解析:B 考查交际用语。根据答语后一分句中的“not during my lunch break”可判断,说话人愿意解答对方的问题,但午饭时间除外,因此可先排除C项和D项。Go ahead表示“问吧,请讲”,是让对方现在就问,而上句表明是下课后才问问题,故A项不符合语境,只能选B项。33.This book ________ a true story of how one person can make a difference in the lives of& other people.A.will tell& B.has toldC.tells& D.told答案与解析:C 考查谓语动词的时态。本句陈述的是事实,因此应用一般现在时。后面的can也有提示。34.With the college entrance examination ________ near, both the parents and the students are more and more anxious.A.draws& B.drawnC.drawing& D.is drawing答案与解析:C 考查with的复合结构。With the college entrance examination drawing near是with的复合结构,the college entrance examination与draw near之间是主动关系,该结构的意思是“随着高考的临近”。35.The number of people, who have access to their own cars, ________ sharply in the past decade.A.rose& B.is risingC.have risen& D.has risen答案与解析:D 考查主谓一致和时态。本句的主语是the number,所以谓语动词用单数;in the past decade表示时间从过去持续到现在,即“十年来”,因此用现在完成时。第二节 完形(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。&&&&& I remember my seventh grade math teacher's name very well. It was Mr. Young. The kids often __36__& him. He was missing one of his fingers, and always __37__& students with his middle finger.&&&& English and Math were my& __38__& two subjects. I believed that there was just something wrong with me, inside my __39__. No matter how hard I tried,I just could not understand what all the other kids found so& __40__& to learn.&&&& One day, I was told by the head teacher that if I got one more E on my report card,I would be& __41__.&&&& I tried really hard for& __42__& to learn math. But my brain just couldn't do it,& no matter how& __43__& I tried.&&&& The day before report cards were to& come out, I& __44__&& to Mr. Young. I told& him that I would get punished if I got& another E on my report card. He told& me it would be& __45__& to the other kids if he gave me a better grade than I had __46__& earned.&&&& I turned and walked towards the __47__, then I stopped. I looked at the teacher and said, “Mr. Young, you know how all the other& __48__& make fun of you because you're missing your finger?” He __49__& me, moved his mouth to one side, and said nothing.& “They shouldn't do that to you __50__ you can't help not having a finger, Mr. Young. Just like I can't& help not being able to learn& __51__,” I said. Again, he was still __52__.&&& The next day, when I looked at my report card, it& __53__:Math, D&.&&& That math& __54__& was the favorite one I ever received in my whole life. I knew that someone in the world finally __55__ what it was like for me to be missing a finger inside my head.36. A. made fun of&&& &&&B. made a joke of&& C. played with&&&& &&&D. talked with37. A. aimed for&&&&&&&&& &&B. aimed at&& C. pointed to&&&&&&&& &&&D. pointed at38. A. best&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&B. worst&& C. finest&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&D. lowest39. A. head&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&B. heart&& C. mind&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&D. body40. A. happy&&&&&&&&&&&& &B. funny&& C. easy&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&D. difficult41. A. punished&&&&&&&&& &B. fined&& C. criticized&&&&&&&&& &&D. dropped42. A. hours&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. weeks&& C. nights&&&&&&&&&& &&D. years43. A. hard&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. long&& C. carefully&&&&&&&&& &&D. actively44. A. wrote&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. said&& C. went&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &D. rode45. A. dishonest&&&&&&& &B. incredible&&&& C. illegal&&&&&&&&&&& &&D. unfair46. A. exactly&&&&&&&&& &B. hardly&&&& C. actually&&&&&&&& &&D. naturally47. A. wall&&&&&&&&&&&& &B. door&&&& C. desk&&&&&&&&&&&& &&D. window48. A. teachers&&&&&&&&& &B. kids&&&& C. girls&&&&&&&&&&&& &&D. boys49. A. laughed at&&&&&& &B. smiled at&&&& C. looked at&&&&&&& &&D. shouted at50. A. if&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &B. when&&&& C. whether&&&&&&&&& &&D. because51. A. English&&&&&&&&& &B. numbers&&&& C. words&&&&&&&&&&& &&D. science52. A. angry&&&&&&&&&&& &B. uneasy&&& C. silent&&&&&&&&&&& &&D. nervous53. A. read&&&&&&&&&&&& &B. wrote&&& C. declared&&&&&&&& &&D. showed54. A. lecture&&&&&&&&&& &B. exam&&& C. paper&&&&&&&&&&& &&D. grade55. A. described&&&&&&& &B. understood&&& C. explained&&&&&&& &&D. accepted答案与解析:36.A 孩子们为此常嘲笑他,在下文有...make fun of you because you're missing your finger的信息提示。本题中B项干扰性最大,但made a joke of其后一般接物,意为“拿(本该严肃对待的)某事开玩笑”,故此处不可选。37.D 因缺了一根手指(可推知应是食指),他总是用中指指着学生。本题中C项干扰性最大,point at表示“对着”,强调用某物对准某人或某物;point to意为“指向”,指朝向目的物的方向。38.B 由下文可知,作者数学D&的等次都拿不到,怎么努力也学不好,说明这是最差的科目。本题中D项干扰性最大,误理解为“是分数最差的科目”,但用low表示不了这种意思。39.A 作者怎么努力数学也学不好,作者认为这是自己脑子(智力)的问题。下文But my brain just couldn't do it...也有提示。本题中C项干扰性大,但mind意为“心理,思想”,用在此不妥。40.C 结合全文来看,作者始终认为自己缺乏学数学的天分,故此处是说“在其他的孩子看来非常容易学的东西,我就是怎么也理解不了”。本题中A项干扰性最大,认为“我”学得很苦很烦,而其他孩子学得很开心快乐,而此处中心在一个“难”字,故对应为“易”。41.A 从下文作者跟老师说的话I told him that I would get punished if I got another E on my report card可知A项为正确答案。42.B 作者是在回忆自己七年级时的经历,所以是一个学年度内的事情,再从后文看,时隔不久成绩单就出来了,由此推知应是刻苦学习了几周。43.A 上句有I tried really hard的提示。本题中C项干扰性最大,但此处不是讲态度问题,而是讲付出的问题,指“我”学得很刻苦,投入很多。44.C 从下文作者和Mr. Young的对话情景来看,他应是去了Mr. Young的办公室找了他。本题中B项干扰性最大,但要注意此处故事发展过程:去老师办公室――跟老师求情,故一定要注意上下文,不可孤立地就一个句子来选。45.D 老师若给了学生高出其实际所得的分数,当然就违背了考试的公平性原则,所以这里Mr. Young是说这样做对其他的孩子是“不公平的”。本题中A项干扰性最大,但此处讲考试问题,故与其他学生客观对待,讲的是公平性。46.C 作者估计自己只能还是得个E等的成绩,所以找老师肯定是恳求他给自己一个高点的等次,故此处Mr. Young是说“如果我给了你比你实际所得要高的分数,这对其他的孩子来说是不公平的”。47.B 听老师这么一说,作者就知道老师不会答应自己的恳求了,因此应是转身离去,出去自然是朝门走去。48.B 从上文第一段可知是其他的孩子嘲笑老师。本题中C、D两项干扰性大,但显然片面,此处无法确指。49.C 作者的话使Mr. Young深深触动了,因此他看着“我”。本题B、D两项干扰性大,但从Mr. Young的脸部表情moved his mouth to one side可知B不可能,从said nothing可知D项不可能。50.D 他们不应该这样对你,因为你左右不了少一根手指。51.B Mr. Young是数学老师,作者在这里讲的是自己的数学问题,故只有numbers合理。52.C Again此处呼应上文said nothing,故应是Mr. Young还是一言未发。本题中A项干扰性最大。53.A 成绩单上写着:数学,D&。英语中表示“(纸、单,牌等上)写着,写有(文字)”用read或say。本题中B项干扰性最大,主要是受汉语思维“……上写着”的影响。54.D 从上文可知作者这里讲的是数学考试的成绩。本题中B项干扰性最大,因为前面讲了数学考试,但此处是讲最后的分数结果。55.B Mr.Young听了“我”讲的那番话后,最后改变了自己的主意,给了“我”一个D&,使我避免了无谓的处罚,作者觉得这是因为老师最终理解了自己的苦衷――我知道在这个世界上终于有人理解了我的脑子里少了一根“手指”是什么滋味。本题中D项干扰性最大,错误地理解为“老师接受了我这样一个差生”,文章并无此表示。第三部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)第一节 (共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。A&&&& In this fast&shifting world, there can be no guarantees attached to any particular job. But there is much that you can do to protect yourself from the change of society, by equipping& yourself with the skills to manage your career more effectively. You need to be a career activist.&&&& If you lost your main source of income tomorrow, could you find a different source to replace it? The most important thing in protecting yourself now and in the future is ensuring that you have choices. Don't let yourself be held back by a lack of skill development, or fear of change. Some people have& been good performers in their own organization but discovered& that they are stuck. Because they are so closely related to a& particular company or industry, their skills are not readily& transferred to other jobs.&&&& Don't put all your eggs in one basket. If you limit yourself& to one particular area or sector, you limit your opportunity,& too. In a global market place, many jobs come and go quickly& as changes in the stock market. Today's hottest job may not exist tomorrow. If you love computers, then this work represents a& great choice. But don't enter a field just because you think& that's wh even if the job is available, it& may not match well with your own skills and abilities. Start& with an entry of your own strengths and interests, then see& where you may match up best in the job market.56.How can we ensure that we have choices if we lose the main source of income?A. Be a good performer in our own organization.B. Try to develop our skills and be a career activist.C. Enter a field where the hot jobs are.D. Transfer to other jobs that use computers.答案与解析:B 由第一段“...by equipping& yourself with the skills”可知,选B项。57.Some people are afraid of change because ________.A. they have got a hot jobB. they have no other better choicesC. they have got used to a certain jobD. they have no other skills and interests答案与解析:C 由第二段“Some people have& been good performers...transferred to other jobs”可推知正确答案选C项。58.“Put your eggs in one basket” here means ________.A. sticking to only one particular jobB. trying your best to do something wellC. many jobs come and go quicklyD. entering a field where the hot jobs are答案与解析:A “put your eggs in one basket”是谚语,意为“孤注一掷”;故相近的意思为A项。59.What is the best job for you to choose according to the writer?A. Something that is both hot and interesting.B. Something that brings you good source of income.C. Something that will always exist in the future.D. Something involving your strengths and interests.答案与解析:D 由最后一段“start with a entry of your...job market”可知选D项。BEach winter, the rugged North Shore serves up some of the largest and most impressive ocean waves on the planet. Giant waves make their long journey across the northern Pacific to the area's shoreline. For many island residents, this means only one thing: surf up.&&&& The exact origin for surfing is unknown, but most historians believe that the Polynesians were already very good at the sport by the time they migrated to the Hawaiian islands some 2,000 years ago. Early Hawaiians called surfing “He'nalu”, which literally translates to “wave sliding”. During this time, only high&ranking officials and nobles had access to the best surf sports. King Kamehameba himself was said to be a keen and skilled surfer.&&&& Surfing really took off in the early 1990s. Riding boards made from redwood and balsa wood, early surfers risked their lives to take on these giant waves.&&& Today, thanks to a number of modern innovations and inventions, the surfing population on the North Shore has exploded.& Wave riders and spectators from around the world gather here from November to February, hoping to catch that perfect wave. Winter wave heights can get as high as 20 feet, with faces up to 50 feet! This extreme surf is for experts only, and even the conditions are considered highly dangerous.&&& World&known surf contests are held here from early November to late December. The Wans Triple Crown of Surfing, which includes the Vans Hawaiian Pro at Ali'i Beach Park in Hale'iwa, the Rip Curl Cup at Sunset Beach, brings together the world's best professional surfers. Watching them surfing on the grand waves is really a feast for the eyes.&&& Although winter on the North Shore may not be the best time and place to learn how to surf, the summer months provide safer and more favorable conditions.60.The passage is most probably from ________.A. a guide book&&&&&&&& B. a magazineC. a government report& D. a geography textbook答案与解析:B 本题主要讲了冲浪的起源,发展和现状。从内容上看,旅游书、政府报告、地理课本都不太可能包括这些内容,只有杂志上才能介绍得这样详细。61.What can we learn from the passage?A. High officials were the best surfers in the past.B. Surfing dates back to at least 2,000 years.C. The best time for surfing is from November to February.D. Surfing is a sport for professionals and experts.答案与解析:C 由第一段第三句话可知A项错误,从第一段第二句话可知B项错误,从第一段倒数第二句话可知D项错误,用排除法得出C项正确。62.Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?A. The Polynesians were among the earliest people who&&& took up surfing.B. Modern inventions make surf boards safer for the surfers.C. It is a perfect chance for spectators to watch the competitions.D. More and more people on the North Shore go in for surfing.答案与解析:D 由第三段第一句话可知,现在北海岸冲浪的人越来越多,并没有说越来越多的北海岸的人们开始喜欢冲浪,所以D项错误。63.It's suggested that a surf learner should ________.A. make use of the summer time to learn how to surfB. meet& the& challenge& of& the& perfect& waves& on& the&&& North ShoreC. take the chance to win a prize in the world&known competitionsD. watch the professional surfers&& surfing whenever possible答案与解析:A 由最后一段话可以判断出夏季冲浪更安全、条件更好,从而可以判断出A项正确。C&& Fear can be fun. Many young people queue up to ride very fast and scary roller coasters(过山车), screaming but enjoying themselves. Other people like to read “goose bumps (鸡皮疙瘩)” books or watch horror movies at night, scared to death but feeling excited. Why do people like being scared?&& Fear is an ancient way of surviving. Being scared makes animals, including humans escape from danger and save themselves. It is because of fear that we have lived through millions of years of evolution. Those who lacked a strong fear response were more likely to be killed, leaving the more fearful and careful to pass their genes onto the next generation.&&& How do scientists explain why shaking over such scary things is fun? “Some kids will go to a scary movie and love it and laugh over it, others will feel anxious and hide their faces and some won't even set foot in the cinema,” said Ned Kalin, a US scientist. “Which kind of person you are depends partly on experiences you've had and partly on your genes.”&&& What happens in the brain when something frightens you? Nerves that begin at the eyes and ears lead to a part of& the brain called the amygdala. When you suddenly see a& snake, for example, the amygdala makes you freeze, sweat,& have a quickened heartbeat, or run very fast. However, seeing& the snake also uses another part of the brain, the cortex. It analyzes the situation, and if it finds that the snake is only made& of rubber it tells your heart and the rest of your body to calm& down. Think of the amygdala as the engine and the cortex as& the brake.&&& Back to the first question: Why do some people like to make themselves scared? “One reason is that we can play games with fear, find ways to reduce the scariness by looking away or thinking of something else,” Kalin said. “To believe we have control over a situation gives us a feeling of power.” “Scary movies or novels are good practice to prepare young people for the real thing. Thrills such as roller coaster rides also go to the brain's pleasure centre.”&&& And there might be some evolutionary advantage to being able to adjust this system that is there to protect people.64.How many questions are answered in the passage?A. 2.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. 3.C. 4.&&&&&&&&&&&& D. 5.答案与解析:B 3、4、5段分别回答了why shaking over such scary things is fun?& What happens in the brain when something frightens you? Why do some people like to make themselves scared?三个问题。65.Some people like to be scared because ________.A. they are afraid that the fear genes will be passed onto&& their childrenB. it's a good practice to get prepared for the real frightening situationC. it can help them show their own personalitiesD. they will feel powerful after getting rid of fear答案与解析:D 第五段提到相信能控制局面后这种情况能让人感到有一种力量。66.Which of the following is true about the people who are not easily scared?A. Their cortex is better at analyzing the situations.B. They are more likely to suffer from potential danger.C. They are born unaffected by anything horrible.D. They lack a strong response towards threat.答案与解析:B 第二段提到缺乏强烈恐惧感的人更有可能被杀死。67.What is the best title of the passage?A. Ready to scream?B. How to be scared?C. Willing to shake?D. Why to be scared?答案与解析:A 文章谈论有些恐惧的渊源,解释一些原理,并提出适度的恐惧对人是有好处的,故选A项。D&&&& Are you at a loss as to how to handle your fretful(烦躁) child or how to ease your child's colic(绞痛) discomfort? If you are, we welcome you to attend our one&hour baby massage(按摩) workshop conducted by our experts. This programme is tailored for babies between 1 to 12 months old.& You will learn the various techniques in baby massage and experience the joy of bonding with your child through touch.
Class Content&Physiological benefits of baby massagePsychological&& benefits&& for&& both&& parents and childrenCreating a conducive environment for massageMassaging a fretful childMassaging a child with colicDemonstration of various techniquesHands&on experienceDate&Saturday, 12 January 2009;Saturday, 16 February 2009;Saturday, 15 March 2009(Please choose only one date)Venue&Rehabilitation Department, Basement 1, Children's TowerFee&$20 per participant for 3 sessions NoteFor cheque payment, please crossed and made payable to “KK Women's and Children's Hospital Pte. Ltd.”Who Should&& Attend&Parents with babies aged 1~12 months. Participants are advised to wear pants when attending the class.& Limit to two participants per registration ( excluding baby).
Size of Class&Minimum of 9 participants per classRegistration&Enquiries&Patient Education Centre Tel: Weekdays:9w30 a.m.&6w00 p.m.Saturdays:9w30 a.m.&1w00 p.m.Or download registration form.68.The underlined word “tailored” in Paragraph one probably means “________”.A. unsuitable&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. difficultC. very simple&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. perfectly suited答案与解析:D 猜测词义题。tailor作动词时意为“调整使适应”。结合“This programme is tailored for babies between 1 to 12 months old”一句可推知tailor与perfectly& suited同义。69.Which of the following is NOT the one that a person will learn?A. Physiological benefits of parent massage.B. How to massage a fretful child.C. The various techniques in baby massage.D. Psychological benefits for children.答案与解析:A 细节。从Class Content部分内容可知,B、C、D三项均为该课程的培训内容;A项偷换了概念,该培训包括“Physiological benefits of baby massage”而不是“parent massage”。70.How much should a couple with one child pay if they attend 9 sessions?A. $200.&&&&& B. $180. && C. $120.&&&&&& D. $60.答案与解析:B 数字。从Fee一栏中我们可知,每个参加者交20美元可上3次课。因此一对夫妇带一个婴儿上9次课的费用是180美元。第二节 七选五(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。&&& Are you truly happy? Do you ever know what it means to be happy and what it takes to achieve happiness? __71__ The following are a few tips that I follow to create happiness in my life.&&&& * Make a plan for attaining goals that you believe will make you happy. Your moods will very likely increase if you are going after something you value.&&& * Surround yourself with happy people. It is easy to begin to think negatively when you are surrounded by people who think that way.&& __72__&&& * When something goes wrong, try to figure out a solution instead of being absorbed in self pity. Truly happy people don't allow setbacks to affect their mood because they know that with a little thought they can turn the circumstances back to their favor.*__73__ These few minutes will give you the opportunity to focus on the positive things in your life and will lead you to continuous happiness.*__74__ Whether you treat yourself to lunch, take a long ,relaxing bath or simply spend a few extra minutes on your appearance, you will be subconsciously(下意识地)& putting yourself in a better mood.* Finding the humor in situations can also lead to happiness. Find a way to make light of a situation that would otherwise make you happy.* Keeping healthy is another way to achieve happiness.&& __75__A. What makes one person happy may be very different from what makes someone else happy.B. On the contrary, if you are around people who are happy their emotional state will be infectious.C. Being overweight or not eating nutritious foods can have a negative effect on your mood.D. These are important questions for anyone who is seeking happiness to ask themselves.E. Spend a few minutes each day thinking about the things that make you happy.F. There are some tips in life that lead to happiness.G. It's also important to take some time each day to do something nice for yourself.71.________  72.________  73.________74.________  75.________答案:71.D 72.B 73.E 74.G 75.C第二卷第四部分 写作(共两节,满分35分)第一节 短文改错(满分10分)假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改,请你修改你同桌写的以下。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。修改:在错的词下画一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。This is a story told by my father: When I was boy, the most exciting thing was when to celebrate the Spring Festival. My grandma was the best cooker in the world but could make the most delicious dishes. Once, I just couldn't wait for the Spring Festival dinner. As I was about take a piece from a cooked duck, I saw Grandma in the kitchen looking me. Shake her head, she said, “It isn't a good time to do that, dear.” I apologize and controlled me at the best till the dinner started. You know, that was a dinner we had waited for several month.答案:This is a story told by my father: When I was ∧(a)boy, the most exciting thing was when/  to celebrate the Spring Festival. My grandma was the best cooker(cook)in the world but(and)could make the most delicious dishes. Once, I just couldn't wait for the Spring Festival dinner. As I was about ∧(to)take a piece from a cooked duck, I saw Grandma in the kitchen looking ∧(at)me. Shake(Shaking )her head, she said, “It isn't a good time to do that, dear.” I apologize(apologized)and controlled me(myself) at the best till the dinner started. You know, that was a dinner we had waited for several month(months ).第二节 书面表达(满分25分)目前,地球面临水资源危机。《21世纪报》学生版针对此情况面向全体中学生征稿,呼吁人们重视目前的问题,并保护水资源。征稿题目是:Global Shortage of Fresh Water。请根据以下提示写一篇100词左右的短文,向《21世纪报》投稿。要点:1.人们认为淡水是取之不尽的,而实际不是;2.淡水资源危机的原因;3.人们应该采取的措施。________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________范文:Global Shortage of Fresh Water&&&& Many people believe that the world's supply of fresh water will never be used up. They think that fresh water comes from such a variety of sources that it is always sufficient for use. Such an opinion leads to a shocking waste of water.&&&& As a matter of fact, the earth is short of fresh water. Furthermore, with the rapid growth of the world population, the rising demand for water by industry, and the serious pollution of our surroundings, the world is facing the danger of running out of fresh water. Actually, in some big cities, fresh water can not meet the daily need.&&&& Therefore, to find new ways to save water is an urgent task. First, we should pass laws to control any waste of water. Second, scientists must work even harder to purify sea water, and try to find substitute to reduce the use of fresh water.&文章来 源莲山课件 w ww.5 Y
上一个试题: 下一个试题:
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?}

我要回帖

更多关于 短文改错万能公式 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信