open a letter打一个猜中国地名名

Theonlythinglegibleonthetornenvelopewasthereturnaddress.Iopenedtheletterandsawthatithadbeenwrittenin1944—almost60yearsago.Ireaditcarefully,hopingtofindsomecluetotheidentityofthewallet'sowner.
Itwasa&DearJohn&letter.Thewriter,inadelicatescript,toldtherecipient,whosenamewasMichael,thathermotherforbadehertoseehimagain.Nevertheless,shewouldalwayslovehim.ItwassignedHannah.
Itwasabeautifulletter.Buttherewasnoway,beyondthenameMichael,toidentifytheowner.PerhapsifIcalledinformationtheoperatorcouldfindthephonenumberfortheaddressshownontheenvelope.
&Operator,thisisanunusualrequest.I'mtryingtofindtheownerofawalletIfound.Isthereanywayyoucouldtellmethephonenumberforanaddressthatwasonaletterinthewallet?&
Theoperatorgavemehersupervisor,whosaidtherewasaphonelistedattheaddress,butthatshecouldnotgivemethenumber.However,shewouldcallandexplainthesituation.Then,ifthepartywantedtotalk,shewouldconnectme.Iwaitedaminuteandshecamebackontheline.&Ihaveawomanwhowillspeakwithyou.&
IaskedthewomanifsheknewaHannah.
&Oh,ofcourse!WeboughtthishousefromHannah'sfamilythirtyyearsago.&
&Wouldyouknowwheretheycouldbelocatednow?&Iasked.
&Hannahhadtoplacehermotherinanursinghomeyearsago.Maybethehomecouldhelpyoutrackdownthedaughter.&
Thewomangavemethenameofthenursinghome.IcalledandfoundoutthatHannah'smotherhaddied.ThewomanIspokewithgavemeanaddresswhereshethoughtHannahcouldbereached.
Iphoned.ThewomanwhoansweredexplainedthatHannahherselfwasnowlivinginanursinghome.Shegavemethenumber.Icalledandwastold,&Yes,Hannahiswithus.&
IaskedifIcouldstopbytoseeher.Itwasalmost10p.m.ThedirectorsaidHannahmightbeasleep.&Butifyouwanttotakeachance,maybeshe'sinthedayroomwatchingtelevision.&
Thedirectorandaguardgreetedmeatthedoorofthenursinghome.Wewentuptothethirdfloorandsawthenurse,whotoldusthatHannahwasindeedwatchingTV.
Weenteredthedayroom.Hannahwasasweet,silver-hairedold-timerwithawarmsmileandfriendlyeyes.Itoldheraboutfindingthewalletandshowedhertheletter.Thesecondshesawit,shetookadeepbreath.&Youngman,&shesaid,&thisletterwasthelastcontactIhadwithMichael.&Shelookedawayforamoment,thensaidpensively,&Ilovedhimverymuch.ButIwasonlysixteenandmymotherfeltIwastooyoung.Hewassohandsome.Youknow,likeSeanConnery,theactor.&
Webothlaughed.Thedirectorthenleftusalone.&Yes,MichaelGoldsteinwashisname.Ifyoufindhim,tellhimIstillthinkofhimoften.Ineverdidmarry,&shesaid,smilingthroughtearsthatwelledupinhereyes.&IguessnooneevermatcheduptoMichael...&
IthankedHannah,saidgood-byeandtooktheelevatortothefirstfloor.AsIstoodatthedoor,theguardasked,&Wastheoldladyabletohelpyou?&
Itoldhimshehadgivenmealead.&AtleastIhavealastname.ButIprobablywon'tpursueitfurtherforawhile.&IexplainedthatIhadspentalmostthewholedaytryingtofindthewallet'sowner.
Whilewetalked,Ipulledoutthebrown-leathercasewithitsred-lanyardlacingandshowedittotheguard.Helookedatitcloselyandsaid,&Hey,I'dknowthatanywhere.That'sMr.Goldstein's.He'salwayslosingit.Ifounditinthehallatleastthreetimes.&
&Who'sMr.Goldstein?&Iasked.&He'soneoftheold-timersontheeighthfloor.That'sMikeGoldstein'swallet,forsure.Hegoesoutforawalkquiteoften.&
Ithankedtheguardandranbacktothedirector'sofficetotellhimwhattheguardhadsaid.Heaccompaniedmetotheeighthfloor.IprayedthatMr.Goldsteinwouldbeup.
&Ithinkhe'sstillinthedayroom,&thenursesaid.&Helikestoreadatnight...adarlingoldman.&
Wewenttotheonlyroomthathadlightson,andtherewasamanreadingabook.Thedirectoraskedhimifhehadlosthiswallet.MichaelGoldsteinlookedup,felthisbackpocketandthensaid,&Goodness,itismissing.&
&Thiskindgentlemanfoundawallet.Coulditbeyours?&
Thesecondhesawit,hesmiledwithrelief.&Yes,&hesaid,&that'sit.Musthavedroppeditthisafternoon.Iwanttogiveyouareward.&
&Oh,nothankyou,&Isaid.&ButIhavetotellyousomething.Ireadtheletterinthehopeoffindingoutwhoownedthewallet.&
Thesmileonhisfacedisappeared.&Youreadthatletter?&
&NotonlydidIreadit,IthinkIknowwhereHannahis.&
Hegrewpale.&Hannah?Youknowwheresheis?Howisshe?Isshestillasprettyasshewas?&
Ihesitated.
&Pleasetellme!&Michaelurged.
&She'sfine,andjustasprettyaswhenyouknewher.&
&Couldyoutellmewheresheis?Iwanttocallhertomorrow.&
Hegrabbedmyhandandsaid,&Youknowsomething?Whenthatlettercame,mylifeended.Inevermarried.IguessI'vealwayslovedher.&
&Michael,&Isaid.&Comewithme.&Thethreeofustooktheelevatortothethirdfloor.WewalkedtowardthedayroomwhereHannahwassitting,stillwatchingTV.Thedirectorwentovertoher.
&Hannah,&hesaidsoftly.&Doyouknowthisman?&MichaelandIstoodwaitinginthedoorway.
Sheadjustedherglasses,lookedforamoment,butdidn'tsayaword.
&Hannah,it'sMichael.MichaelGoldstein.Doyouremember?&
&Michael?Michael?It'syou!&
Hewalkedslowlytoherside.Shestoodandtheyembraced.Thenthetwoofthemsatonacouch,heldhandsandstartedtotalk.ThedirectorandIwalkedout,bothofuscrying.
&SeehowthegoodLordworks,&Isaidphilosophically.&Ifit'smeanttobe.Itwillbe.&Threeweekslater,Igotacallfromthedirectorwhoasked,&CanyoubreakawayonSundaytoattendawedding?&Hedidn'twaitforananswer.&Yup(=yes),MichaelandHannaharegoingtotietheknot!&
Itwasalovelywedding,withallthepeopleatthenursinghomejoininginthecelebration.Hannahworeabeigedressandlookedbeautiful.Michaelworeadarkbluesuitandstoodtall.Thehomegavethemtheirownroom,andifyoueverwantedtoseea76-year-oldbrideanda78-yearoldgroomactingliketwoteen-agers,youhadtoseethiscouple.
Aperfectendingforaloveaffairthathadlastednearly60years关键词:更多ALetterintheWallet的相关文章推荐Theonlythinglegibleonthetornenvelopewasthereturnaddress.Iopenedtheletterandsawthatithadbeenwrittenin1944—almost60yearsago.Ireaditcarefully,...今日作文推荐榜用户名:密 &&&码:网友推荐的作文ALetterintheWallet推荐散文相关链接本文()由网友YANGLC投稿,若侵犯了您的权益,请联系本站处理。本站发布的作文,不做任何商业用途,版权归作者所有。A Letter on the Study of Medicine--《大学英语》1989年06期
A Letter on the Study of Medicine
【摘要】:正 DEAR OCHIAI,-I am delighted that you have taken up medicine, for two reasons. First, it will assure your independence-your ability to maintain yourself, and to help your people. Secondly, it will change all your ideas about the world we live in, and will make you large-minded in many ways, if you study well. For in these days, you cannot study medicine without studying many different branches of sci-
【关键词】:
【正文快照】:
DEAR OCHIAI,产-盈am de一ighted that you五ave‘takenu扩medi-七1妞e,for two reasons.First,it will assu比youri时卿nde”c亡一,our abili-勿to.’maintain yourselfs,and to help your peop一e.脉。耐ly,it willehange all yourideas about the world we live in,and访11
欢迎:、、)
支持CAJ、PDF文件格式,仅支持PDF格式
【相似文献】
中国期刊全文数据库
匡培梓,罗胜德,刘善循;[J];心理学报;1980年02期
朱庆祚,欧力同;[J];社会科学;1980年03期
彭景训;[J];天津师范大学学报(社会科学版);1980年04期
岳玉祿;[J];内蒙古师范大学学报(哲学社会科学版);1980年04期
王志均;[J];生理科学进展;1980年03期
,胡旭初;[J];生理科学进展;1980年04期
沁悦;[J];自然杂志;1980年05期
庄严;[J];甘肃社会科学;1980年04期
余凤高;[J];自然杂志;1980年03期
吴学愚;[J];自然杂志;1980年04期
中国重要会议论文全文数据库
王昭贤;毛伟平;孙宁珍;;[A];中国动物科学研究——中国动物学会第十四届会员代表大会及中国动物学会65周年年会论文集[C];1999年
陈孟勤;;[A];科技进步与学科发展——“科学技术面向新世纪”学术年会论文集[C];1998年
姚元庆;杨树标;何柏松;杨梦庚;;[A];’96全国优生科学大会大会学术讲演与大会论文摘要汇编[C];1996年
方福德;;[A];科技进步与学科发展——“科学技术面向新世纪”学术年会论文集[C];1998年
黄维三;;[A];世界中西医结合大会论文摘要集[C];1997年
高亮;高德;;[A];世界中西医结合大会论文摘要集[C];1997年
秦秉志;吕岩;丁玉强;金善学;李继硕;;[A];世界中西医结合大会论文摘要集[C];1997年
谭家祥;;[A];世界中西医结合大会论文摘要集[C];1997年
吴善龄;;[A];世界中西医结合大会论文摘要集[C];1997年
何毅;;[A];世界中西医结合大会论文摘要集[C];1997年
中国重要报纸全文数据库
王天宇;[N];中国环境报;2000年
闻扬扬;[N];中国航天报;2000年
范翠红;[N];中国海洋报;2000年
王子江;[N];中国税务报;2000年
池松乐;[N];中国远洋报;2000年
余海若;[N];大众科技报;2000年
邵斌;[N];大众科技报;2000年
奇云;[N];大众科技报;2000年
副主任医师
李水银;[N];大众卫生报;2000年
华南农业大学
许家强;[N];广东科技报;2000年
中国博士学位论文全文数据库
张舵;[D];东北师范大学;2002年
葛继荣;[D];福建中医学院;2004年
赵小兰;[D];中国农业大学;2005年
王振宏;[D];首都师范大学;2005年
翁史钧;[D];中国科学院研究生院(上海生命科学研究院);2005年
郑毓新;[D];中国中医科学院;2006年
王效平;[D];内蒙古农业大学;2006年
李春雯;[D];黑龙江中医药大学;2006年
吴忠兴;[D];中国科学院研究生院(水生生物研究所);2006年
李小卫;[D];中国人民解放军军事医学科学院;2004年
中国硕士学位论文全文数据库
黄昱;[D];福建中医学院;2001年
付瑶;[D];西安电子科技大学;2002年
齐冰;[D];首都师范大学;2002年
卢伟;[D];山东师范大学;2002年
赵萍;[D];四川大学;2002年
江强;[D];暨南大学;2003年
张治国;[D];安徽农业大学;2003年
范廷校;[D];福建中医学院;2003年
白正勇;[D];福建中医学院;2003年
魏军成;[D];福建中医学院;2003年
&快捷付款方式
&订购知网充值卡
400-819-9993
《中国学术期刊(光盘版)》电子杂志社有限公司
同方知网数字出版技术股份有限公司
地址:北京清华大学 84-48信箱 知识超市公司
出版物经营许可证 新出发京批字第直0595号
订购热线:400-819-82499
服务热线:010--
在线咨询:
传真:010-
京公网安备74号credit letter 中英文对照_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
credit letter 中英文对照
上传于||文档简介
&&国​际​贸​易​中​部​分​专​有​名​词​的​中​英​文​对​照
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩1页未读,继续阅读
你可能喜欢the buyer should open trough a bank acceptable to the seller .有关信用证的一个问题“the buyer should open trough a bank acceptable to the seller an irrevocable letter of credit payable at sight for 100% of the contract value to reach the s_百度作业帮
the buyer should open trough a bank acceptable to the seller .有关信用证的一个问题“the buyer should open trough a bank acceptable to the seller an irrevocable letter of credit payable at sight for 100% of the contract value to reach the s
the buyer should open trough a bank acceptable to the seller .有关信用证的一个问题“the buyer should open trough a bank acceptable to the seller an irrevocable letter of credit payable at sight for 100% of the contract value to reach the seller by the end of April 2008 and vaild for negotiation in China until the 15th day after the date of shipment.” 其中by the end of April 2008指的是?vaild for negotiation in China until the 15th day after the date of shipment又是什么意思?我的意思是在2008年4月底之前是信用证要开好了?还是要发过来了?
2008年四月底之前到达卖方vaild for negotiation in China until the 15th day after the date of shipment:至装运日期后第15天议付有效
扫描下载二维码请在这里输入关键词:
科目:初中英语
来源:学年湖北省九年级上学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:单项填空
&--I had a pleasant weekend on the farm.
---_________.
A. Oh, that’s very nice of
you&&&&&& B. It’s a pleasure
C.
Congratulations&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
D. I’m glad to hear that
来源:2014届江苏扬州梅岭中学八年级质量检测英语卷(解析版)
题型:书面表达
十月十四日是世界动物日,你校组织“I
want to be a volunteer of protecting animals”为题的英语演讲比赛。假如李明参加比赛,请你以“李明”的名义写一篇演讲稿推荐自己,内容如下:
善良,善待动物;勤劳,做自愿者的工作;
&&&集邮,阅读
组织慈善义演,为Save
China’s Tigers筹款;在街上散发传单
动物是人类的朋友;保护动物就是保护我们自己;
……(至少两点)
要求:1.词数100个左右。演讲稿的开头已经给出,不计入词数。
2.所写短文必须包括以上内容,自由发挥的内容必须围绕主题。
3.文中不得出现真实姓名、校名、地名等相关信息。
I want to be a volunteer of protecting animals
Hello, everyone. I’m Li Ming. I want to be a volunteer
of protecting animals. I’m glad to make a speech here.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
来源:2012年仁爱版初中英语八年级下册第七单元Topic1练习卷(解析版)
题型:补充句子
根据对话情景选择恰当的选项,其中有两项是多余的。
six years old.
glad you enjoyed it.
D.Who are they?
E. How old is she?&&&&
F. What’s that?
G. He’s an engineer.
A: This was a really wonderful dinner, Ann.
B:& 1&&Would you like
some more coffee, Joe?
A: No, thanks. &&2&
B: A photo.
A: That’s a nice picture. &&3&
B: Well, that’s Laura, my daughter, and
that’s her husband, Jack. &&4&
A: The little girl must be your
granddaughter.
B: Yes, that’s Rose. &&5&
A: What a lovely family!
来源:学年江苏省无锡市七年级上学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
Dear Annie,
Thank you for your letter. I’m glad you
like your school.
I go to school from Monday to Friday. We
have four classes in the morning and two classes in the afternoon. We have many
things to do after class. On Monday and Wednesday afternoon we do sports. On
Tuesday afternoon some of us have a singing class and on Thursday afternoon
some have a drawing class. On Friday afternoon, we practice speaking English.
My Chinese friends like to talk with me in English. They think I am like an
English teacher. Isn’t it great?
On Saturdays and Sundays I don’t go to
school. Very often I go to the parks and have a good time with my family there.
1.Who is the letter from?
D.We don’t know.
2.How many classes does Henry have on
Thursday?
3.They have sports __________.
A.on Tuesday and Friday afternoon
B.on Tuesday and Friday morning
C.on Monday and Wednesday afternoon
D.on Monday and Wednesday morning
4.Henry’s friend likes to __________.
A.write to him in English
B.write to him in Chinese
C.talk with him in Chinese
D.talk with him in English
5.What does Henry often do on Saturdays and
Sundays?
A.He often stays at home with his parents.
B.He often does his homework.
C.He often practices speaking English with his friends.
D.He often goes to the parks with his parents.
来源:学年广东省初二下学期期末考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:完型填空
One day something went wrong with a man’s
bicycle chain(链条).
The man could not repair it, so he looked&&&&36&&&for
help. The only house nearby belonged to a woman who had &&&37&&&there
a few months earlier. The man knocked at the door, but the woman did not
answer. The door had clear glass in it, and the man &&&38&&&see
that the woman was home. He decided to knock again. Finally the woman came to
the door. The man immediately explained his &&&39&&.
“I can fix the chain,” the woman said. Later when the bike was &&&40&&&to
go, the man said, ‘Thanks. I hope I can help you some day.” “I never need
help,” the woman said.
The following week the man was riding his
bike &&&41&&he noticed the woman walking down
the street. A strong wind suddenly lifted her hat and sent it into the
branches(树枝) of an
old tree. The woman tried to get her hat with a stick, but she failed. She
seemed &&&42&&&because she clearly was not
dressed for tree-climbing. The man hurried over, quickly climbed up to the hat
and &&&43&&&it into the woman’s waiting
hands. When she put on her hat, she &&&44&&&the
man as he climbed back on his bike. ‘I think I told you I never need help,” the
woman said, “I’m glad you didn’t &&&45&&&me.
Thanks.” Then they both smiled.
D.stopped
C.couldn’t
D.didn’t
C.problem
D.message
B.relaxed
C.frightened
D.worried
A.dropped
C.collected
D.brought