&on the table. Then I looked at Adam, who had a &32 &look
on his face.
&People are like apples. They come in
all &33 &colors, shapes and sizes. On the &34 &,
some of the apples may not &35 &look as delicious as the
others.& As I was talking, Adam was &36 &each one
carefully.
Then, I took each of the apples and peeled (削皮) them, &37&&them
back on the table, but &38&different place.
&Okay, Adam, tell me which is which.
&
He said, &I &&39 &&tell.
They all look the same now. & &Take a bite of &&40&&.
See if that helps you &41&&which one is which.”
He took &42 &, and then a
huge smile came across his face. &People are &43 &like
apples! They are all different, but once you &44 &&the
outside, &they're pretty much the same on the inside. &
He totally &45 &it. I
didn't' need to say or do anything else.
A.although
C.because
2.A.
stop&&&&&&&& B. start
&&&&&&&&&&C.
turn&&&&&&&& D stay
3.A. expressive &&&B.
encouraging &&&&C informative &&D. interesting
B.counted
D.collected
B.mention
D.improve
6.A. size
&&&&&&&&&B. type
&&&&&&&&&&&C: shape
&&&&&&D. class
A.worried
B.satisfied
D.curious
A.ordinary
C.different
D.regular
A.outside
11.A. examining &&&B.
measuring &&&&&&C:
drawing&&&& D. packing
A.keeping
B.placing
C.pulling
14.A. mustn't
&&&&&&B. can't
&&&&&&&&&&C shouldn't
&&&&D. needn't
A.each one
B.each other
C.the other
D.one another
B.consider
D.believe
17.A. big bites &&&&B.
deep breaths &&&&C a firm hold&&&D. a close
look
19.A. put away&&&& B.
get down &&&&&&C hand out
&&&&&D. take off&&&&
One Saturday afternoon, my daughter Alice asked me,
“Are all people the same even if they are different in color?”
I thought for a minute, and then I said, “I’ll
explain, &&&36&&&you can just wait until
we make a quick &&&37&&&at the grocery
store(杂货店). I have something &&&38&&&to
show you. ”
At the grocery store, we&&&
39&&&some apples --- red, green and yellow ones. Back home,
I told Alice, “It’s time to &&&40&&&your
question.” I put one apple of each &&&41&&&on
the table. Then I looked at Alice, who had a &&&42&&&look
on her face.
“People are like apples. They come in all &&&43&&colors,
shapes and sizes. On the &&&44&&, some of the
apples may not &&&45&&&look as the others.
” As I was talking, Alice was &&&46&&&each
one carefully.
Then, I took each of the apples and peeled(削皮)them, &&&47&&&them
back on the table, but &&&48&&&a different
place.
“Okay, Alice, tell me which is which.”
She said, “I &&&49&&&tell.
They all look the same now. ” “Take a bite of &&&50&&.
See if that helps you &&&51&&&which one is
which. ”
She took &&&52&&, and
then a huge smile came across her face. “People are &&&53&&&like
apples! They are all different, but once you &&&54&&&the
outside, they’re pretty much the same on the inside. ”
She totally &&&55&&&it.
I didn’t need to say or do anything else.
1.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.although&&&&&&& B.so&&&&&&&&&&&& C.because& D.if
2.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.stop&&&&&&&&&& B.start&&&&&&&&&& C.turn D.stay
3.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.expressive&&&&& B.encouraging&&&& C.informative&&& D.interesting
4.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.bought&&&&&&&& B.counted&&&&&&& C.saw& D.collected
5.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.check&&&&&&&&& B.mention&&&&&&& C.answer&& D.improve
6.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.size&&&&&&&&&&& B.type&&&&&&&&&& C.shape&&& D.class
7.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.worried&&&&&&& B.satisfied&&&&&&& C.proud&&& D.curious
8.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.ordinary&&&&&&& B.normal&&&&&&&& C.different& D.regular
9.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.outside&&&&&&&& B.whole&&&&&&&&& C.table D.inside
10.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.still&&&&&&&&&&& B.even&&&&&&&&&& C.only& D.ever
11.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.examining&&&&& B.measuring&&&&& C.drawing&& D.packing
12.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.keeping&&&&&&& B.placing&&&&&&&& C.pulling&&& D.giving
13.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.on&&&&&&&&&&& B.toward&&&&&&&& C.for&& D.in
14.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.mustn’t&&&&&& B.can’t&&&&&&&& C.shouldn’t D.needn’t
15.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.each one&&&&&& B.each other&&&&& C.the other& D.one another
16.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.admit&&&&&&&&& B.consider&&&&&&& C.decide&&& D.believe
17.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.big bites&&&&&&& B.deep breaths&&& C.a firm hold D.close look
18.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.just&&&&&&&&&&& B.always&&&&&&&& C.merely&&& D.seldom
19.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.put away&&&&&& B.get down&&&&&& C.hand out& D.take off
20.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.made&&&&&&&&& B.took&&&&&&&&&& C.got&& D.did
&&& One afternoon,my son Adam asked me,“Are all people the same even if they are different in color?”&&& I thought for a minute,and then I said,“I’ll explain, _21_ you can just wait until we make a quick 22 at the grocery store. I have something 23 to show you."&&& At the grocery store, we 24 some apples―red,green and yellow ones.Back home.I told Adam,"It’s time to 25 your question.”I put one apple of each 26 on the table.Then I looked at Adam, who had a 27 look on his face.&&& “People are like apples.They come in all 28 colors,shapes and sizes.On the 29 ,some of the apples may not 30 look as delicious as the others.”As I was talking, Adam was 31 &each one carefully.&&& Then, I took each of the apples and peeled(削皮)them, 32 &them back on the table, but 33 a different place.&&& “okay, Adam, tell me which is which.”&&& He said, “I 34 &tell. They all look the same now.” “Take a bite of 35 . See if that helps you 36 which one is which.”&&& He took 37 , and then a huge smile came across his face. “People are 38 like apples! They are all different, but once you 39 the outside, they’re pretty much the same on the inside.”&He totally 40 it. I didn’t need to say or do anything else.&21.A.although&B. so &&C. because &&&D. if22.A.stop &&&&B. start &&&&C. turn &&D. stay23.A.expressive&& &B. encouraging& &C. informative&& &D. interesting24.A.bought &&B. counted &C. saw &&D. collected25.A.check &&&B. mention&C. answer&& &D. improve26.A.size &B. type &C. shape&& &D. class27.A.worried &B. satisfied& &C. proud&& &D. curious28.A.ordinary&B. normal&& &C. different &D. regular29.A.outside &B. whole&C. table&D. inside30.A.still &&&&B. even &C. only &D. ever31.A.examining& &B. measuring &C. drawing &D. packing32.A.keeping &B. placing&& &C. pulling& &D. giving33.A.on &B. toward&C. for &D. in34.A.mustn’t &B. can’t &&C. shouldn’t &&&D. needn’t35.A.each one&B. each other& &C. the other &&&D. one other36.A.admit &&B. consider&C. decide &D. believe37.A.big bites&B. deep breaths &C. a firm hold &D. a close look38.A.just &&&&B. always &&C. merely&D. seldom39.A.put away&& &B. get down &C. hand out& &D. take off40.A.made &&B. took &C. got &&D. did&&
  Where and how you eat are just as important as what you eat.Take this test to find your eating style to make sure you're getting the nutrition(营养)you need.
  Which statements sound like you?
  Group 1:
  □I like to make my plate look pretty before I dig in for the first bite.
  □I often help my parents make recipes.
  □I could win the first prize in the “World's Slowest Eater” contest.
  Group 2:
  □The crumbs(面包屑)in the sofa are mine-I eat while watching TV.
  □I can finish a whole box of snacks quickly while I'm doing something else.
  □Sometimes I'm surprised to find my plate empty.Where did all the food go?
  Group 3:
  □Sometimes I eat my dinner standing up.
  □I spend more time in the drive-through than at the dinner table.
  □Breakfast? Who has time for breakfast?
  If you answered mostly Group 1:You enjoy everything about food, from cooking it to enjoying it at the table.Eating slowly is a good thing - it gives your brain time to know when you are full.
  If you answered mostly Group 2:You can do lots of things at once.But if you eat while you're distracted(精神不集中), you won't really enjoy your food and might eat more than you need.Instead of snacking while you watch TV or do homework, look for other things to do with your hands.
  If you answered mostly Group 3:You're really busy.Try to make time for at least one sit-down meal a day.When you're on the go, don't eat salty, high-fat foods just because they're convenient.Pack healthy snacks in small bags that you can eat on your way out the door.
The passage is mainly about ________.
how to keep healthy
whether you eat a balanced diet
what your eating style is
how to form a good eating habit
Which of the following matches Group 1?
I like washing plates.
I love buying cookers.
I enjoy doing cooking by myself.
I do everything slowly and carefully.
If Tom answered mostly Group 2, which advice will you give him?
Place healthy snacks at hand while doing homework.
Hold a ball in his hand while watching TV.
Eat high-fat foods slowly and carefully.
Help his parents make recipes now and then.
The underlined word “drive-through”(in Group 3)refers to ________.
a place where you can buy food without leaving your car
a dining car from which you can buy food
a company which can send food to your home
a restaurant where people eat at the dinner table
吴老师30日19点直播线段的垂直平分线的性质
余老师30日20点直播unit5第二课时 Section Aserious:严肃的;认真的。&你是当真吗?&
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:学年四川省雅安中学高一上学期入学模拟考试英语试卷(带解析)
题型:阅读理解
Do you want to live a happier, less stressful (有压力的) life? Try laughing for no reason at all. That’s how thousands of people start their day at Laughter Clubs around the world – and many doctors now think that having a good laugh might be one of the best ways to stay healthy.The first Laughter Club was started in Mumbai, India, in 1995 by Dr Madan Kataria. “Young children laugh about 300 times a day. Adults laugh between 7 and 15 times a day,” says Dr Kataria. “Everyone’s naturally good at laughing – it’s the universal language. We want people to feel happy with their lives.” There are now more than 500 Laughter Clubs in India and over 1,300 worldwide.Many doctors are also interested in the effects (效果) of laughter on our health. According to a 5 – year study in the body. Laughter improves our health against illness by about 40%.So, what happens at a Laughter Club? I went along to my nearest club in South London to find out. I was quite nervous at the beginning of the class, to be honest – I wasn’t interested in laughing with a group of strangers, and I was worried about looking stupid. Our laughter teacher told us to clap our hands and say “ho ho ho, ha ha ha,” while looking at each other. However, our bodies can’t tell the difference between fake laughter and real laughter, so they still produce the same healthy effects.Surprisingly, it works! After ten minutes everybody in the room was laughing for real – and some people just couldn’t stop! At the end of the class I was surprised by how relaxed and comfortable I felt. So if you’re under stress, then start laughing. You might be very pleased with the results!【小题1】In which country was the first Laughter Club started?A.Britain.B.America.C.Australia.D.India.【小题2】How did the writer feel at the beginning of the class?A.Surprised.B.Pleased.C.Nervous.D.Stressful.【小题3】When did the people in the club begin to laugh for real?A.After a few minutes.B.After a few hours.C.After a few seconds.D.After a few days.【小题4】Which of the following is true according to the passage?A.Fake laughter and real laughter are both good for health.B.40% of the people in Laughter Clubs are good friends.C.Adults laugh more often than children in a day.D.Laughing is the best way to prevent illness.
来源:2011年福建省莆田市毕业班适应性练习英语试题
My first most vivid and broad
impression of the identity of things seems to me to have been gained on a
memorable raw afternoon towards evening near my parents’ tomb in the
churchyard.
&&& “Hold your noise!” came
a terrible voice, as a man started up from among the tombs at the side of the
church. “Keep still, you little devil(小鬼), or I’ll cut your throat!”
&&&& A fearful man,
all in coarse grey, with a great iron on his leg. A man with no hat, and with
broken shoes, and with an old rag tied round his head. He seized me by the
chin(下巴).
&&& “Tell us your name!”
said the man. “Quick!”
&&& “Pip, sir.”
&&& “Show us where you
live,” said the man. “Point out the place!”
&&& I pointed to where our
village lay, on the flat in-shore among the alder-trees and pollards, a mile or
more from the church.
&&& The man, after looking
at me for a moment, turned me upside down, and emptied my pockets. There was
nothing in them but a piece of bread.
&&& “You young dog,” said
the man, licking his lips, “what fat cheeks you ha’ got. Darn me if I couldn’t
eat em, and if I han’t half a mind to’t!”
I earnestly expressed my hope
that he wouldn’t, and held tighter to the tombstone on
partly, to partly, to keep myself from crying.
“Now then lookee here!” said
the man. “Where’s your mother?”
“There, sir!” said I.
He started, made a short run,
and stopped and looked over his shoulder.
“There, sir!” I timidly
explained, pointed to the tombstone. “That’s my mother.”
“Oh!” said he, coming back.
“And is that your father alonger your mother?”
“Yes, sir,” said I; “
late of this (教区).”
1. The “voice” in the second
paragraph came from______.
A. the church&&&&&&&&&& B.
the man&&&&&&&&& C. the bank&&&&&&&& D.
the boy
2.The boy probably lived& _____.
A. in the parish&&&&&&& B.
in the valley&&&&&&& C. in the city&&&&& D.
in the country
3.We can infer from the passage _____.
A. the boy was very calm and smart
B. the man hit the boy in the face
C. the boy would forever remember the raw
afternoon
D. the man was very kind and considerate
4.The passage is most probably adapted from________.
A. a news report&&&&&&& B.
a science fiction&&&&&&& C. a novel&&&&& D.
a review
Do you want to live a happier, less stressful (有压力的) life? Try laughing for no reason at all. That’s how thousands of people start their day at Laughter Clubs around the world – and many doctors now think that having a good laugh might be one of the best ways to stay healthy.The first Laughter Club was started in Mumbai, India, in 1995 by Dr Madan Kataria. “Young children laugh about 300 times a day. Adults laugh between 7 and 15 times a day,” says Dr Kataria. “Everyone’s naturally good at laughing – it’s the universal language. We want people to feel happy with their lives.” There are now more than 500 Laughter Clubs in India and over 1,300 worldwide.Many doctors are also interested in the effects (效果) of laughter on our health. According to a 5 – year study in the body. Laughter improves our health against illness by about 40%.So, what happens at a Laughter Club? I went along to my nearest club in South London to find out. I was quite nervous at the beginning of the class, to be honest – I wasn’t interested in laughing with a group of strangers, and I was worried about looking stupid. Our laughter teacher told us to clap our hands and say “ho ho ho, ha ha ha,” while looking at each other. However, our bodies can’t tell the difference between fake laughter and real laughter, so they still produce the same healthy effects.Surprisingly, it works! After ten minutes everybody in the room was laughing for real – and some people just couldn’t stop! At the end of the class I was surprised by how relaxed and comfortable I felt. So if you’re under stress, then start laughing. You might be very pleased with the results!1.In which country was the first Laughter Club started?A.Britain.B.America.C.Australia.D.India.2.How did the writer feel at the beginning of the class?A.Surprised.B.Pleased.C.Nervous.D.Stressful.3.When did the people in the club begin to laugh for real?A.After a few minutes.B.After a few hours.C.After a few seconds.D.After a few days.4.Which of the following is true according to the passage?A.Fake laughter and real laughter are both good for health.B.40% of the people in Laughter Clubs are good friends.C.Adults laugh more often than children in a day.D.Laughing is the best way to prevent illness.
第二卷(非选择题,共两大题,35分)
&第四部分:任务型阅读(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
请认真阅读下列短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入一个最恰当的单词。注意:每个空格只填1个单词。请将答案写在答题卡上相应题号的横线上。
Imagination is the ability to form a mental image of something that is not obtained through the senses. It is the ability of the mind to build mental scenes, objects or events that do not exist, are not present or have not happened in the past.
Everyone possesses some imagination ability. In some it may be highly developed and in others it may be displayed in a weaker form. It is shown in various degrees in various people.
Imagination is not limited only to seeing pictures in the mind. It includes all the five senses and the feelings. One can imagine a sound, taste, smell, a physical sensation or a feeling or emotion. For some people it is easier to see mental pictures, others find it easier to imagine a feeling, and some are more comfortable imagining the sensation of one of the five senses. Training of the imagination gives the ability to combine all the senses.
Imagination makes it possible to experience a whole world inside the mind. It gives you the ability to look at any situation from a different point of view, and enables one to mentally explore the past and the future. In your imagination you can travel anywhere at the speed of light without any problems. It can make you feel free, though temporarily, and only in the mind, from tasks, difficulties and unpleasant circumstances.
&Imagination ha a& great role and value in each one's life. We all use it, whether consciously or unconsciously, in most of our daily affairs. We use our imagination whenever we plan a party, a trip, our work or a meeting. We use it when we describe an event, explain how to arrive to a certain street, write, tell a story or cook a cake.&&& Imagination is also a creative power that is used extensively in magic, creative visualization and confirmations. It is the creator of circumstances and events. It is necessary for inventing an instrument, designing a dress or a building, painting a picture or writing a book. The creative power of imagination has an important role in the achievement of success in any field.
Imagination can change your whole life. When you know how to work with it, you can make your hearts' desires come true. But if you do not recognize the importance of the power of the imagination, your life may not be as happy and successful as you would have wanted it to be. You may create and attract into your lives events, situations and people that you don't really want. This is actually what most people do, because you don't use the power of imagination correctly.
Lack of understanding of the power of the imagination is responsible for the suffering, incompetence, difficulties, failures and unhappiness people experience, some reason, most people are tending to think in a negative way. They do not expect success. They expect the worst, and when they fail, they believe that fate is against them. This attitude can be changed, and then life will improve accordingly.
Understanding how to use your imagination correctly, and putting this knowledge into practice, for your own and others' benefit, will put you on the golden path to success, satisfaction and happiness.
Paragraph Topics
Detailed Contents
71 of& imagination
??&&&&& The
ability to develop a mental image of something& 72&& the help
senses.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
??&&&&& The
ability to build in one's& 73& scenes, objects or events that do
not exist, are not present or have not happened in the past.
Key features of imagination
??&&&&& Higher or
lower, imagination ability is 74& by everyone.
??&&&&& Although
different people may be strong in different aspects, imagination includes all
the five senses and feelings.
??&&&&& The
ability to combine all the senses can be developed by means of& 75
.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Role and value of imagination
??&&&&& By
imagination, people can 76& any situation in a different way.
??&&&&& Imagination
can enable people to mentally explore the past and the future.
??&&&&& People
can 77& their mind by imagination, as it can make them&&
feel&& free&& from&& tasks,&&
difficulties&& and unpleasant circumstances.
??&&&&& Imagination
is used extensively in any field, either daily affairs or& 78 work like
inventing an instrument or writing a book.
Problems caused by lack of imagination
??&&&&& Unwelcome
events, situations and people may enter your lives if you deny the importance
of imagination.
??&&&&& Lack of
imagination may __79&&&&& to the suffering,
incompetence, difficulties, failures and unhappiness people experience.
??& &Understanding and correctly
using imagination will bring you success, satisfaction and happiness.
来源:同步题
题型:完形填空
完形填空。
&&& A kindergarten teacher let her students play a game. She toldeach child in the class to bring along a plastic bag&& 1&&&&a few po-tatoes. Each potato would be given a&&&2&& of a person the child&&& 3 && , so the number of the potatoes in their bags would&&&4 && on the number of the people they hated.&&&& &&& So when the day came, every child brought some potatoes withthe names of some people. Some had
some three&&&5 & some up to five. The teacher then told the children to&& 6 &&withthem the potatoes&&&7 && they went (even to the toilet) for oneweek.&&&& &&& As days passed&&&8& &, the children started to&&&9& &aboutthe unpleasant smell let out by the rotten potatoes.&&&10&& , those having five potatoes also had to carry heavier bags. After one week, the children were&&&11&&&&because the game had finally ended.&&&& &&& The teacher asked about their feelings of carrying the potatoes.The children&&& 12& &out their frustrations (沮丧) and started complaining of the trouble they had to&&&13 &&. Then the teacher told them the&&&14& &meaning behind the game.&&&& &&& She said:" This is exactly the&&15&&when you carry your ha-tred for somebody inside your heart. The stench (恶臭 ) of hatredwill contaminate (玷污) your heart and you will always carry it with you. If you cannot&&&16&& the smell of rotten potatoes for just one week, can you imagine&& 17&& it is like to have the hatred in your heart for your lifetime?"&&&& &&& Moral of the story:&&&&&&&&&&&&18 &&away any hatred for anyone from your heart&&&19 &&you will not carry it for a lifetime.&&&20&&others is the best attitude totake !
(&&&&&)1.A.including&&&& (&&&&&)2.A.character&&&& (&&&&&)3.A.hated&&&&&&&& (&&&&&)4.A.live&&&&&&&&& (&&&&&)5.A.when&&&&&&&&& (&&&&&)6.A.bring&&&&&&&& (&&&&&)7.A.however&&&&&& (&&&&&)8.A.by&&&&&&&&&&& (&&&&&)9.A.wander&&&&&&& (&&&&&)10.A.Besides&&&&& (&&&&&)11.A.disappointed (&&&&&)12.A.gave&&&&&&&& (&&&&&)13.A.go&through&& (&&&&&)14.A.skeptical&&& (&&&&&)rmation& (&&&&&)16.A.hold&&&&&&&& (&&&&&)17.A.how&&&&&&&&& (&&&&&)18.A.Cast&&&&&&&& (&&&&&)19.Ain&case&&&&&& (&&&&&)20.A.Abandoning&&
B.seating&&&&&&& B.secret&&&&&&&& B.loved&&&&&&&&& B.depend&&&&&&&& B.while&&&&&&&&& B.take&&&&&&&&&& B.whenever&&&&&& B.away&&&&&&&&&& B.spread&&&&&&&& B.However&&&&&&& B.relieved&&&&&& B.left&&&&&&&&&& B.pick&up&&&&&&& B.terminal&&&&&& B.identification B.tolerate&&&&&& B.whether&&&&&&& B.Click&&&&&&&&& B.so&that&&&&&&& B.Blessing&&&&&&
C.containing&& C.picture&&&&& C.appreciated& C.wait&&&&&&&& C.as&&&&&&&&&& C.fetch&&&&&&& C.wherever&&&& C.on&&&&&&&&&& <plain&&&& C.Therefore&&& C.possessed&&& C.broke&&&&&&& C.turn&to&&&&& C.hidden&&&&&& C.tradition&&& C.alter&&&&&&& C.that&&&&&&&& C.Cross&&&&&&& C.as&though&&& C.Consulting&&
D.growing&& D.name&&&&& D.struck&&& D.keep&&&&& D.unless&&& D.carry&&&& D.whatever& D.out&&&&&& D.breathe&& D.Instead&& D.reserved& D.let&&&&&& D.put&away& D.ignored&& D.situation <bine&& D.what&&&&& D.Cure&&&&& D.now&that& D.Forgiving
吴老师30日19点直播线段的垂直平分线的性质
余老师30日20点直播unit5第二课时 Section A}

我要回帖

更多关于 they will cum 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信