I feel nervous if people follow me around.(改为feel的同义词句

Be bold and initiate a short chat. This will help you to learn those little things that will come in handy later because everyone loves knowing that someone actually listened to them and cared enough to remember the small details about them. Listen carefully and be attentive to the things she tells you so that you will have them for future reference. As you talk, notice if she gives you any signs, special words or hints.
All girls are different. Is she shy or outgoing? Does she act like this around other guys? Look at her body language. Leaning in, uncrossed legs, nervous voice, and dilated pupils (especially), are all signs she likes you.
Another sign is if she laughs at your boring, stupid jokes. (Beware: Don't use bad jokes as a test, or you'll risk looking like a comedy dork.)
She may not be able to look you straight in the eye. She might smile and laugh a lot because she is worried about giving too much away.
Check for the smile. A girl that's interested in you will usually immediately smile when you start a conversation with her. The smile may disappear quickly if she's shy, but it's hard to hide an unexpected strong emotion. If she's not romantically interested, she'll likely look at you inquisitively, but she won't express any particular interest.
Watch for signs of flirting. If she's flirting, she may be difficult to read. Gregarious girls may
with guys who they consider to be just friends. Uninitiated, this general interaction can sometimes be misconstrued as a crush, so know how she acts around other guys.
Be aware that some girls have no idea that they're flirting. In this case, she probably likes you a great deal since her subconscious is letting her body language do the talking.
Most girls don't like to be obvious. Girls fear rejection too.
If you fancy a girl, never make the mistake of "flirting around". If she sees you putting your arm around another girl or sees another girl
you, she will assume that she doesn't mean anything to you and will stop trying.
Check for random hugs, reserved mostly for you. Hugs can be a very openly and permissible affectionate way of getting closer to you and touching you without it necessarily compromising her stealthy flirting. In turn, you can go along with it if you want, or just act busy like you're late for an appointment and need to rush off.
Take notice if she "accidentally" bumps into you more often than what you'd consider the usual. This ploy is ancient and tried and true, as it's a way of touching you subtly and sizing up how responsive (and perhaps even how well toned) you are. If she finds excuses to touch you a lot, then you're probably on the right track. Act casual when she bumps into you and say "no worries" or something similar. As for touching your arm and hair in a casual but rather meaningful way, there's really no
just lap it up graciously.
Not all girls will feel comfortable reaching out using touch. In this case, don't assume that she doesn't like you because she doesn't try to touch you. She may be too nervous to touch you yet. Don't be shy––break the touch barrier yourself.
She may also find other reasons to touch you, such as by lightly hitting you about the head, or soft punching to the body. These "one-of-the-mates" moves can be a thinly disguised way of getting closer to you without it being too evident to your friends and hers.
Observe the way in which she looks at you. If she likes you, she will tend to either hold her gaze on you for a long time or pull away immediately the moment your eyes make contact with hers. Either of these responses could mean that she likes you. If she pulls away quickly, it often means she is nervous or not ready to reveal her true intentions yet, but she still likes you. And if she holds the stare, and you believe you see responsiveness or even love in her eyes, then she is confident and she may make the first move.
Of course, some girls might just be staring or winding you up, so don't think she loves you and wants to get in touch with the real, inner you. Use the context to discern the motive.
If you happen to glance at the girl and you see her staring back at you, then this means that she likes you, although she may quickly dart her head in a different direction.
Look at her friends. If you see most of her friends glancing back at you and smiling or giggling, this probably means that she has told her friends about you and they're "in the know". This can happen at any age, although mature girls and women friends tend to behave in a slightly more circumspect way, using glances and knowing smiles or nods instead of giggles. In some cases, a friend may actually be bold enough to come and tell you that her friend likes you.
When she is having a conversation with her friends, and you come over, she might stop talking all of a sudden. This likely means that you were the subject of the recently ended conversation.
If she likes you and she told her friends about you, they might come up to you and start a random conversation about things such as: Who would you rather date me or (her name), who do you like better, who is the hottest, would you marry (her name) or me, etc. If they name a list of about three people and her name is in the list, she probably told her friends about you and they're trying to search for clues to see how you feel about her.
In teen years, if her friends are loud and immature, you'll most likely hear "(your name), (her name) likes you!"
Do be aware that her friends might be making it up just to tease her. Listen for things like: "Stop teasing me!" or "Be quiet! He might hear!"
Look out for moments where you can play "rescuing the damsel in distress". If you're outside and the girl you like is nearby and starts loudly saying "I'm cold!", that's a subtle hint that she wants you to give her your sweater. This is a very sweet gesture, especially if you want to show the girl that you like her. And sometimes a girl will pretend to be really bad at doing something, and say that she can't do it. That is your chance to o be aware that she will most likely be doing this on purpose just to see your reaction and hope that you will help out.
When offering assistance, if there are other guys around and she actually likes one of those guys, she might be disappointed when you offer your coat to her first or offer your assistance. In this case, at least you'll know how she feels and can move on. You might even be magnanimous enough to tell the right guy that she fancies him.
at her. Girls tend to like guys who smile, and are happy. Us you don't want to freak her out. If she smiles back politely, or frowns and looks away, she may be uncomfortable or disinterested. If she returns a soft or big smile and continues to look at you, then it's likely that she's interested. However she reacts, it cannot hurt to keep smiling her way. Eventually she'll get the message that you find her charming and she may feel able to open up more or at least to tell you openly that she's either interested or not.
If she smiles then darts over to the crowd of her friends and hides in the group, then she may be nervous and curious about whether you know that she likes you.
Watch her body language. You can learn a lot about a girl by observing her body language and it goes well beyond obvious flirting signs into unconscious signals of attraction. There are a lot of signs that will tell you she's interested. For example, if a girl has her torso turned towards you in an open manner, this means that she is confident talking with you. If she has a closed body position, namely crossed arms or legs, she may be shy or nervous to talk to you or she may simply be creating a barrier to ward you off. Invest in a decent book on body language to help you learn how to accurately read her.
Watch for subtle signs in the girl's face––if her eyes are dilating, then she may really like you.
When you are both in a room-- if she sits diagonally from you or across from you at the room,when she's interested, her torso is facing you in an open manner, or her shoulders and hips are facing you. Either of these signs may mean she likes you. When she is sitting and she has her legs crossed, watch her feet, if its pointed towards you, it might mean that she likes you and wants to get closer to you.
Look at her lips. If she touches them constantly or bites them, she's probably very interested in you. If her lip quivers slightly when you look at her, you can almost be sure she likes you.
Notice the little things she does for you. If she's always there for you when you need help, even like when you mention that you're really thirsty and she quickly offers you a sip from her drink, she might like you. But don't assume that she's into you only from one experience. Ask her occasionally for small things, like chewing gum or a pen, and notice how she reacts. If she's always ready to offer you something you might need, go further and ask her to help you with something else, like a school, college or work problem. It shouldn't be something really easy to solve, but not too difficult either, as some girls might say that they don't know how to help you with a more challenging problem. If she's eager to help you, she probably likes you, although if you use this approach too much or choose tasks that seem too difficult, she may think you're lazy, testing her or even a bit of a nuisance. Don' you don't want to risk her ceasing to like you.
If you decide that she does appear to like you, confirm it by having the courage to go and talk to her. Many girls feel too shy or nervous about what your reaction might be to start a conversation with romantic undertones. Even if she seems like the most confident girl you know, she may have had a bad experience in the past or simply not be ready to approach you yet but will be receptive if you start the conversation first. For more ideas, see .
Finally, but importantly, avoid over-analyzing her behavior. Doing so may result in your becoming obsessed with simply "winning her over", rather than getting to know her as a person. Rather than investing tons of time in determining whether or not she likes you, just take opportunities every now and then to spend time with her and her friends (not excessively though, or you may appear to have no social life of your own). Basically, get to know her as a person first and foremost and maybe things can go from there later––starting off as a friend gives you a chance to connect on a more real level. Just make sure to make your intentions relatively clear (via subtle flirting), or else you may become permanently "friend-zoned".
Can you tell us aboutgarage door repair?
garage door repair
how to replace the bottom seal on a garage door
Can you tell us aboutbirds?
how to make a humane bird trap
Can you tell us abouthaircare?
how to blow dry bangs
Can you tell us aboutpatriotism?
patriotism
how to be patriotic
Tell us everything you know here. Remember, more detail is better.
Please be as detailed as possible in your explanation. Don't worry about formatting! We'll take care of it.
For example:Don't say: Eat more fats.Do say: Add fats with some nutritional value to the foods you already eat. Try olive oil, butter, avocado, and mayonnaise.
Remember, if she knows you like her, she will probably like you. When girls find out that a certain guy thinks they are appealing or attractive, they will start to notice him more and might even develop a crush. So if you like the girl, find some way to show it and she will most likely warm up to you quickly!
Take care when you do discover a girl likes you. If your own nerves lead you to make fun of her in front of your friends, give her the cold shoulder or act stupid around her, she will lose faith in you and start to feel less certain that you're worth the effort. Be considerate of her feelings too.
Be alert if she asks you if you have a girlfriend right now. Asking about your girlfriend interest or preferences is a sign that she's fishing for your availability details.
If she asks you to go out and do something with her only or with another couple, this may indicate that she is trying to send you the message that she wants to be more than friends.
If she is very shy, then she probably won’t be able to talk to you face-to-face. However, it's possible that she will talk t however, even for some girls, this takes courage. If she talks to you online but shies away when she sees you, then the odds are she likes you a lot but is having a hard time showing it face-to-face. Help her by smiling and chatting about what's she's doing, etc.
Always be yourself. If a girl likes a fabricated you, she'll soon scratch beneath that veneer you've tried to use and won't be impressed. If she's not into you the way you are, don't date her.
Body language is not completely universal or always assured as meaning what you think it should mean. Some girls express their feelings through different actions than others. Take your time, find out if she's actually interested by talking to her. A girl that's not interested will likely try and make excuses to end the conversation and get away from you. Take that as a true sign!
Have hope when your girl is shy. She is less likely to reveal her desire
you will need to be patient and considerate. Seek to become friends before all else, and take it slowly from there.
Do something nice like doing her a favor. If she eventually tries to do something nice to you back, this might be a hint that she likes you.
If the girl of your dreams objects to your romantic advances, don't take it personally. A good relationship starts with someone connecting well with you. Moreover, there are plenty of other girls who will be right for you.
Confident girls will ask you all sorts of intimate things. Don't assume that thi they may simply see you as one of their crowd of friends and genuinely be asking for your opinion, not your love quotient. Be sure to use the context around you to gauge what's really going on.
If she brings you gifts from her trips or for your birthday she probably likes you, and when she points out how hard she tried to find something you might like, she might be giving you a hint. This only applies when you're not already best friends.
If a girl seems standoffish and avoids you, don't necessarily give up entirely, as you may be mistaken. Instead, slow down and give her room to breathe. She may be interested in you, but is uncomfortable being courted in public, in which case you should perhaps be more subtle about expressing your interest. On the other hand, never stalk her or cause her to feel uncomfortable in any way.
Remember that the suggestions in this article are general guidance, not rules. Signs suggested in this article do not definitely mean t there could be other reasons for her seemingly interested behavior, such as wanting a platonic friendship or simply getting her signals mixed up. Also, keep in mind that she may like you without doing any of these suggested outward signs.
Some girls might try the "jealous approach". This consists of flirting with your friends to make you notice them more. Be wary of these girls––they're insecure and have a lot of growing up to do when it comes to relationships and self-identity. If you really like her, pay more attention to her and try to get her alone––she might get the hint that you like her and stop trying so hard. And as much as you may want to, don't do the same thing back. Girls are more sensitive and will probably just give up on you if you flirt around.
If she seems to be purposely avoiding contact with you, beyond simply being quiet in your presence, but actively avoiding any chance to talk to you, even in contexts that aren't embarrassing (such as a group discussion), chances are she thinks you like her, and is not only not interested but is annoyed or even creeped out by your advances. It's not personal, as girls feel threatened when a guy they aren't interested in is attempting to court them. Due to the fact that boys are usually the drivers in a courtship, girls have difficulty ignoring unwanted advances. This is a cue to back off, and give her space.
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 17,382,418 times.
Exceptionally helpful
17,382,418&views
268 Co-authors
82% of people told us that this article helped them.Unit 11Sad movies make me cry Self Check(人教版新目标九年级英语).ppt_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
文档贡献者
评价文档:
Unit 11Sad movies make me cry Self Check(人教版新目标九年级英语).ppt
U​n​i​t​ 1​S​a​d​ ​m​o​v​i​e​s​ ​m​a​k​e​ ​m​e​ ​c​r​y​ ​S​e​l​f​ ​C​h​e​c​k​(​人​教​版​新​目​标​九​年​级​英​语​)​.​p​p​t05​最​新​版
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
大小:646.00KB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢Unit 11Sad movies make me cry. How does it make you feel when …?you win first placeIt makes me happy. How does it make you feel when …?<
br />you speak in front of a group of people.It makes me nervous. How does it make you feel when …?you see someone offIt makes me sad. How does it make you feel when …?you receive a presentIt makes me delightful. How does it make you feel when…?it lightnings and thundersIt makes me scared. How does it make you feel when…?you watch horror moviesIt makes me frightened. How does it make you feel when…?you listen to rock musicIt makes me excited. How does it make you feel when…?you fail a testIt makes me upset. Expressions about feelings 1a Look at the two restaurants below. Which would you like to go to? Why? I’d like to go to Rockin’s Restaurant because the decoration is interesting and modern. Besides, customers can enjoy loud and modern music. I’d like to go to Blue Ocean for the atmosphere is quiet and calm. Customers can enjoy classical and smoothing music there. 1b Listen and fill in the blanks. Then match the restaurants with the statements.Rockin’s 1. The ________pictures make awful Amy ______________. uncomfortable Restaurant loud 2. The ________ music makes Amy ________. nervous soft Blue Ocean 3. The ________ music makes Amy ________, but it makes Tina relax _______. sleepy 1c Role-play a conversation between Amy and Tina.Amy: I’d rather go to Blue Ocean because I like to listen to quiet music while I’m eating. Tina: But that music makes me sleepy. I want to have the hamburgers at Rockin’ Restaurant. 2a Listen and number the pictures [1C4] in the order you hear them.3241 2b Listen again. Complete the statements.1. Waiting for Amy drove Tina _______ crazy . 2. Amy didn’t want to _______ stay at Rockin’s Restaurant. dance 3. Loud music makes John want to ________ . 4.The movie was so sad that it made Tina and Amy ________ . cry 5. Sad movies don’t make John cry. They just make him want to ________ . leave 2c Look at 2a and 2b. Role-play a conversation between Tina and John. Use the example to begin your conversation.John: Did you have fun with Amy last night? Tina: Well ... yes and no. She was really late. John: Did you have fun with Amy last night? Tina: Well ... yes and no. She was really late. John: How did it make you feel when she was late? Tina: It made me a little impatient. John: Then, what do you mean by saying “yes”? Tina: Because we went to a wonderful restaurant after she arrived and the food there was so delicious that it made us very satisfied and happy. John: That sounds great! What did you do next? Tina: We saw a movie together. John: What kind of movie? Tina: A sad movie. It made us cry ! John: Of course ! Sad movies always make people cry. Tina: Maybe we would choose one that would make us happy next time… would rather do sth. = (prefer to do sth.) make sb. +adj. drive sb. crazy yes and no The more … the more… have …in common each time feel left out feel like doing sth. =want to do sth. pale as chalk call sb. in neither...nor... either… or…. to start with be friends with sb.宁愿;宁可; 使某人感到…… 让某人抓狂;使某人发疯; 既是又不是;不能说定 越…越… 有共同点;相似 每一次 被遗忘;被忽略;被冷落;被抛弃想要做…… 煞白;苍白;灰白 召来;叫来 既不……也 不……; 或者……或者……; 起初 成为某人的好朋友 2d Role-play the conversation.Nancy: Hey Bert. I think I’ve made Alice mad and I’m not sure what to do about it. Bert: What happened? Nancy: You know Julie is Alice’s best friend, right? Bert: Uh-huh. Nancy: Well, the more I got to know Julie, the more I’ve realized that we have a lot in common. So we’ve been spending more time together lately. Bert: But what’s wrong with that? Nancy: Umm ... it makes Alice unhappy because she thinks Julie is now better friends with me than with her. Bert: I see. Mmm ... why don’t you ask Alice to join you each time you do something with Julie? Then she won’t feel left out. Nancy: Oh, good idea! That can make our friendship stronger. Role-play the conversation with your partner. Unit 11Sad movies make me cry.Section A 3a-3c The Shirt of a Happy Man (Part Ⅰ)A long time ago, in a rich and beautiful country, there lived an unhappy king. He slept badly and didn’t feel like eating anything. His face was always pale as chalk. He often cried for no reason. This the queen and his people worried. One day, a doctor was called in to examine the king. But he found nothing wrong with his body. “It’s all in his mind. Neither medicine nor rest can help him. What he needs is the shirt of a happy person to wear. That’ll make him happy.” The prime minister was called to the palace. But when they explained the king’s situation to him, he said, “Although I have a lot of power, it doesn’t make me happy. I’m always worried about losing my power. Many people are trying to take my position.” Then, the king’s banker came to the palace. “Oh, I’m afraid I’m not happy either,” he said. “I have a lot of wealth, but I’m always worried about losing my money. Someone tries to steal my money every day.” Next, the palace singer came to the king’s room. But this is what he said: “It’s true that I’m famous and everyone loves my songs. But I’m not happy because I’m always worried about being followed by others. I cannot be free!” Finally, the king’s top general was told to go out and find a happy man in three days’ time. 3a Read the story and answer the questions.1. Can medicine help the king? Why or why not? No. The doctor says there is nothing wrong with his body. The problem is in his mind and no medicine can 2. Why does power not make the prime minister happy? Because he is always worried about losing his power and many people are trying to take his position. 3. Why does money not make the banker happy? Because he is always worried about losing his money and someone tries to steal his money every day. 4. Why does fame not make the made singer happy? He is always worried about being followed by others, so he cannot be free. 3b Find words or phrases from the story with meanings similar to these phrases.1. did not want to eat didn’t _________________ feel like eating 2. was asked to come and help _______________ was called in 3. look carefully at _______________ examine 4. becoming less important _______________ losing …power 5. get my job _______________ take my position 3c Role-play the story with yourgroup.
一、单项选择1. It’s not easy ____ D English well. A. learn C. learning B. learns D. to learn2. He missed the train this morning ____ D he got up late. A. or C. but B. if D. because 3. Snow days ____ C children happy. A. give C. make B. send D. lendB 4. Much noise makes me ____.A. stressing out B. stressed outC. to stressed outD. being stressed out B 5. Students need to know ____. A. what to learn English well B. how to learn English well C. what to learn English good D. how to learn English good C stay at home ____ go to the cinema. 6. I’d ____ A. than B. than C. than D. than 7. --- What is mom cooking in the kitchen? How nice it_____! B --- Chicken. I guess. A. looks B. smells C. tastes D. sounds 8. Mr Hu is _____ B interesting _____ everyone likes his lessons. A. such, that B. so, that C. too, to D. very, that 9. I study hard _____ A I can catch up with my classmates. A. so that B. because C. in order to D. as 10. Loud music makes me ____. A So I feel very happy. A. energetic B. stressed out C. energy D. stressing out 11. _____ D her _____ me very angry. A. Waiting , make B. Waiting for , make C. Wait for , makes D. Waiting for , makes 12. I want ____ A whether he’s all right. A. to know B. know C. knowing D. knows 13. _____ D Tina_____ John lied because I believe they are good kids. A. N or B. B and C. E or D. N nor A 14. I feel like _____ nothing as I am so tired. A. doing B. to do C. done D. did 二、根据汉语提示,完成下列句子1.他很聪明,总是知道要做什么。 He is very clever and he always knows _______________. what to do2.我不喜欢阴雨天, 因为它常常使我伤感。 rainy days because it often I don’t like ____________, _________________. makes me sad 3.学生应该学会如何学习,否则你会觉得压力 太大。 Students should learn ____________, how to study or they will ______________. stressed out 4. 那天我起的很早以便能赶上第一班火车。 That day I got up early ________________________________. so that I can catch the first train 5. 汤姆工作如此努力以至于他很快就得到了 提拔。 so hard that he was soon Tom worked_______________ promoted. Unit 11Sad movies make me cry.
How does this picture make you feel?happy comfortable relaxed How does this picture make you feel?angryannoyeduncomfortable How does this picture make you feel?scaredfrightened How does this picture make you feel?nervous tense How does this picture make you feel?sadunhappy How does this picture make you feel?bored tired sleepy How does this picture make you feel?energeticexcited How does this picture make you feel?stressed out Grammar FocusThe loud music makes me nervous. Soft and quiet music makes me relaxed. Money and fame don’t always make people happy. She said that the sad movie made her cry. 4a Think of appropriate words for the blanks. Then compare your choices with your partner.Dear Diary, June 29th I thought today was going to be really bad. To start with, it was cloudy and grey, and cloudy days make me ______ feel sad. And this was the day we would get our exam results back, but I didn’t answer the exam questions very well last week. That made me _______ anxious . I walked to school with my best friend Holly. She didn’t say much to me. That made me a little _______ upset . In class, the teacher handed back our exams. That made me nervous _______ . But I found out that I didn’t do too badly. That made me very ______ glad . Then things got even better. Holly bought me my favorite lemon juice and turkey sandwich for lunch, and we happy . talked a lot. That made me ______ 4b Complete the survey. Then ask two other students.What makes you …? happy want to cry uncomfortable angry nervous feel like dancing You Student 1 Student 2 A: What makes you angry? B: When people throw rubbish on the streets, it makes me angry. C: Me, too. It makes me want to tell them to clean up the streets.
一、单项选择1.We are often told______ C at people in trouble. A. not to smile B. to smile C. not to laugh D. to laugh D 2.No one can be sure______ in a million years. A. what man looks like B. what will man look like C. man will look like what D. what man will look like 3.The sports meet will continue_____ D it rains this afternoon. A. if B. since C. as soon as D. unless 4.It’s raining _____ C . We have to stay at home instead of going fishing. A. badly B. hardly C. heavily D. strongly 5. ―Did you have great fun during your stay in the restaurant? ―Yes,____ A . A. it was so wonderful B. it was difficult C. it was terrible D. it was such a long trip 6. During the Spring Festival, people____ A the day eating and playing. A. spend B. cost C. pay D. take 7. ―What do you think of the soft lighting? B people _____ good. ― It _____ A. looks B. look C. looks D. look 8. ―What do you want to do with the pollution? ―It makes me _____ C a clean-up campaign. A. to join B. to join in C. join D. join in 9. ― I’m sorry I have ____ C you ____ for so long. ― It doesn’t matter. A. waiting B. waiting C. waiting D. wait 10. ―Where did you go ____ D during the summer vacation? ―Kunming. A. relax yourself B. relaxed yourself C. relaxing yourself D. to relax yourself 11. Danny did all kinds of things to make the baby ____ B . A. to stop crying B. stop crying C. to stop to cry D. stop to cry 12.My little brother would rather ____ TV at home than____ A out to play. A. go B. going C. goes D. to go B fifty new words every 13.We were made ___ week. A. learn B. to learn C. learning D. learnt 二、用所给词的适当形式填空1. Do you feel ____________(comfort) at the comfortable music? especially (especial) likes soft songs. 2. He _________ loudly (loud). I can’t hear you. 3. Please speak _______ 4. Red can make people ________(excite). excited 5. Do you know where __________(buy) a cake? to buy 6.You can buy these books with the ________ lowest (low) prices. 7. The pictures in an ad looks a lot ________ better (good) than the real thing. 8. All of us must be ________(care) when you careful choose things in the market. 9. I was ________(terrible) afraid after terribly hearing the story. 10. I will never forget the _________(wonder) wonderful birthday party. Unit 11Sad movies make me cry. 1a Look at the possible endings to the story about the unhappy king. Do you think any of these is the right one? If so, which one?a.The general cannot find a happy person and the king remains unhappy forever. b.The general finds a happy person with power and money. c. The general realizes he is a happy person and gives his shirt to the king to wear. d. The king suddenly becomes happy without the shirt of a happy person. 1b What are some other possible endings to the story? Discuss your ideas with your partner. 1c Listen to The Shirt of a Happy Man (Part Ⅱ) and check (?) the things that happened in the rest of the story.The general searched for three days and found a happy person. The general could not find a happy person. The general saw a poor man on the street. The poor man was a happy man. The poor man gave the general his shirt.√ √ 1d Listen again. Answer the questions.1.How long did it take the general to find the happy man? It took the general two days to find the happy man. 2.What was the poor man doing on the street? He was eating some food with his hands and singing happily to himself. 3.What made the poor man so happy even though he had no power, money or fame? He had everything he wanted and didn’t want what he couldn’t have. 4.Do you think the general will return to the king with the poor man’s shirt? Why or why not? No, because the poor man did not have a shirt. 1e Do you agree with the poor man’s thoughts about happiness? Discuss your ideas with your group. Then role-play the rest of the story. 2a Have you ever made a mistake? How did it make you feel? Talk to your partner about what happened.Once I made a mistake. I had a fight with my cousin because he broke up my favorite model plane. My dad was very angry with me… Have you ever made a mistake? What happened? 2b Read the story and number the events in the correct order.RECOGNIZING IDIOMS AND PHRASES Knowing the meanings of idioms and verb phrases can improve your English. The Winning TeamPeter kept his eyes on the ground and felt a heavy weight on his shoulders as he walked home alone. It was the worst day of his life. His mind would not stop thinking about what happened only just an hour ago on the school soccer field. How could he have missed scoring that goal? He had let his whole team down. His stupid mistake made him angry. His team lost the game because of him. He was really worried that his coach may kick him o? the team. As soon as he walked through the door, his father asked, “What’s wrong, son?” Peter’s feelings were written all over his face. “I lost the game,” Peter replied. Then he went into his room without another word. Ten minutes later, Peter heard his father knocking on his bedroom door. He opened the door to let him in. “Look, Peter. I don’t know what happened. But whatever it was, don’t be too hard on yourself.” “I lost the game, Dad. I failed my team. They’ll probably never let me play again.” “Soccer is about team e?ort. You’re not the only reason your team lost. If you have a good team, you should support each other. Besides, winning or losing is only half the game. The other half is learning how to communicate with your teammates and learning from your mistakes.”Peter didn’t say anything but what his father said made him think carefully. The next day, Peter went to soccer practice with courage rather than fear in his heart. “Hey, guys,” he said to his teammates. “I’m really sorry about yesterday. We were so close to winning that game. But I think if we continue to pull together, we’re going to win the next one.” To his surprise and relief, his teammates all nodded in agreement. “Yeah,” they said, “don’t worry about it. It’s never just one person’s fault. We should think about how we can do better next time.” Peter smiled. It made him feel lucky to know that he was on a winning team. ____ 2 Peter got home and went into his room. ____ 4 Peter talked to his teammates. 1 Peter missed a goal. ____ ____ 3 Peter’s father gave him advice. ____ 5 Peter realized that he was worried for no reason. 常接的情感名词有:admiration(羡慕) annoyance(烦恼) delight(欣喜) disappointment(失望) happiness, joy(高兴) puzzlement(疑惑) relief(放心;宽慰) shame(羞愧) surprise(惊讶) amazement(惊奇) astonishment (惊奇) despair(绝望) embarrassment(难堪) horror(恐怖) regret(遗憾) satisfaction(满意) sorrow(悲伤) 2c Read the story again and answer the questions.1.Why did Peter feel angry and worried?Because he was angry with himself for missing an important goal and letting his team down. He was worried that his coach may kick him off the team. 2. What kind of advice did Peter’s father o?er him? Peter’s father advised him not to be too hard on himself but to learn how to communicate with his teammates and learn from his mistake. 3. Do you agree with Peter’s father? Why or why not? Yes, it is no point crying over spilled milk. / It is more meaningful to learn from one’s mistakes and do better in the future. 4. What happened after Peter told his teammates that he was sorry? His teammates asked him not to worry about what had happened as it was not just one person’s fault. They agreed that they should work together to think how they could do better in the future. 5. Why did Peter think that he was on a winning team even though they lost the last game? Because it was a team with good team spirit that would help them achieve success in the future. 2d Find idioms or phrases from the story to replace the underlined parts of these sentences.1.He could not believe that he did not get the ball into the basket. missed scoring (that) goal 2.She was worried because she disappointed her parents. let …down 3.Tony was sad that he was asked to leave the team. kicked off 4. You should learn to relax and not put so much pressure on yourself. be too hard on yourself 5. The teacher told the students to work hard together and not give up. pull together 2e Role-play a conversation between Peter and his father.Father: What’s wrong, Peter? You look sad. Peter: I missed scoring a goal. I made my team lose the game. ... Sample conversationFather: What’s wrong, Peter? You look sad. Peter: I missed scoring a goal. I made my team lose the game. Father: Don’t be too hard on yourself. I&#39;m sure you are not the only reason your team lost the game. Peter: What do you mean? Father: Soccer is about team e?ort. Having a good team means supporting each other. Winning or losing may be important, but so is learning about how to communicate with your teammates and learning from your mistakes. Peter: Thanks for your advice, Dad. I think I know what I should do now. 3a Think of some experiences that made you feel very happy or sad. Tell your partner about them. Use the following ideas to help you.● winning /losing a competition ● getting good/bad grades on an exam ● performing something well/badly in front of a big group of people ● getting into a fight with your best friend ● your first trip outside your hometown What’s your story? 3b Write a story similar to the one in 2b using your notes in 3a.In your story, try to explain the following:--What happened? --When did it happen? --Where did it happen? --How did it make you feel? Why? --What did you learn from the experience? Sample writingAn experience that made me very happy was winning the nation-wide English speech competition last year. At first, I didn’t know what to write for my speech, but after talking to my teacher and reading some books, I had some ideas and started writing. Then I practiced my speech many times. On the day of the competition, I saw many people there. This made me feel very nervous. I started to worry that I would forget my speech. Then I remembered what my teacher told me--close my eyes and take deep breaths. I did that and it made me feel much better. When my turn came, I gave my speech with confidence. I waited anxiously for the results, and when I heard that I was the first prize winner, I jumped up and down in joy. This experience taught me that being wellprepared is very important. It helps to read a lot, and also to ask people around you for advice. Most importantly, have confidence in yourself!
一、单项选择B 1. The rainy day _________ me sad and angry. A. make B. makes C. making D. to make D 2. The movie made __________ feel energetic. A. he B. his C. they D. them C 3. Loud music always makes us ___________. A. want dance B. to want dance C. want to dance D. to want to dance 4. Excuse me, could you help me? I don’t A know _________ exchange money. A. how to B. how C. how can D. how can I 5. _________ his new sunglasses _______ Tony D look mysterious. A. W make B. W makes C. W make D. W makes 6. As students, we are supposed to spend more time _________ . C A. study B. studied C. studying D. to study 7. Usually soft colors make people __________. B A. relaxing B. relaxed C. exciting D. excited 8. I am sorry that I have kept you ___________ B me so long. A. waiting B. waiting for C. to wait D. to wait for 9. The dish looks good, but when I eat it, it ____ A very terrible. A. tastes B. smell C. look D. sounds 10. --- Mom, I want to buy this dictionary. It is good but it’s too_____. ---Let me see… It is really a useful dictionary. And the price is _____. D OK, I will buy it for you. A. low B. cheap C. cheap D. low 二、 汉译英1.轻音乐使他很放松。 Soft music makes him relaxed. __________________________________ 2.伤感电影总是使我想离开。 __________________________________ Sad movies always make me want to leave.3.等待公共汽车使他们有些抓狂。 Waiting for the bus drove them crazy. __________________________________ 4.你对环境污染感觉如何? How do you feel about environment pollution? __________________________________ 5. 现在我们需要做的是团结起来。 What we need to do at this moment is to pull ___________________________________ together __________________. 6. 如果你宁愿独自呆着,那我们都离开这儿。 If you’d rather be alone, we’ll all leave here. __________________________________ 7.是我们应该帮助他而不是他应该帮助我们。 ___________________________________ We should help him rather than he should _______ help us. 8.与其说她买的这件羊毛衫便宜不如说它漂亮。 The sweater she bought was beautiful rather ___________________________________ than cheap. _______________________ Unit 11Sad movies make me cry.
… unhappy happy uncomfortable excited bored nervous comfortable surprised feelings tense frightened relaxed energetic angry annoyed relaxed sad stressed out 哇!happysadangrysurprisednervous / tenseexcitedannoyedcomfortable 1 Put the words in the appropriate place in the chart.Positive nervous uncomfortable comfortable angry happy unhappy happy worried comfortable relaxed relaxed awful uneasy Negativenervous uncomfortable angry unhappy worried awful uneasy 2 Write sentences using the words given.1.sad movies/cry Sad movies make me cry. 2. speaking in front of many people/nervousSpeaking in front of people makes me nervous. ______________________________________ 3. Money and fame / not always happy Money and fame doesn’t always make you _________________________________________ ________________ happy. 3.soft piano music/relaxed Soft piano music makes me relaxed. _________________________________________ 4.rainy days/stay at home and watch TV Rainy days make me stay at home and watch TV. _________________________________________ 3 Number the things [1C6] (1 = least important, 6 = most important). Write a reason for each choice.___ ___ 1 fame 2 power ___ 5 friendship ___ 3 wealth ___ 4 health ___ 6 family e.g. Fame is not very important. It can make me nervous if too many people follow me around. Fame is not important at all. Being the center of attention makes me really nervous. Power is not important to me. I don’t like to control others.Wealth is not very important. I prefer to live a simple life. Health is important. A healthy body makes it possible for me to do many things. Friendship is very important. Spending times with friends makes me happy. Family is the most important to me. My family around me makes me feel comfortable and contented.
一、信息匹配。let down call in rather than drive sb. crazy leave out pull together be hard on sb. kick sb. off 使发疯 齐心协力 开除;逐出 使失望 而不是 召来;叫来 对……要求严厉 忽视;忽略 二、选择和画线部分单词或短语意 义相近的选项。1. We eat fast food for lunch at times. A. all the time B. sometimes C. some times D. some time 2. What a bright summer morning! A. cloudy B. rainy C. sunny D. snowy 3. Mike didn&#39;t look happy after he saw his grandmother in hospital. A. was sad B. was glad C. was sick D. was happy 4. At first, I didn&#39;t like singing but now I like it very much. A. At times B. First C. At the beginning D. Firstly 5. The old woman felt nervous as she tried to cross the busy road. A. worry B. tense C. angry D. annoyed 三、单项选择1. The cake looks good, but when I eat it, it D _______ very terrible. A. smells B. sounds C. looks D. tastes 2. I’d rather _______ to the McDonald’s C Restaurant because I like to listen to quiet music. A. to go B. going C. go D. went 3. The roof of the house is broken. It cannot D the rain. _______ A. keep away B. keep from C. keep off D. keep out 4. We _______ cry after we saw the sad movie. D A. are made B. make C. were made D. were made to 5. The bad boss made the children _______ C long and _______ heavily work. A. to do B. doing C. do D. did A 6. Your answer made me _______. A. angry B. angrily C. to angry D. was angry
2014年秋 人教版九年级英语 unit11 sad movies made me cry 全单元―汇集和整理大量word文档,专业文献,应用文书,考试资料,教学教材,办公文档,教程攻略,文档搜索下载下载,拥有海量中文文档库,关注高价值的实用信息,我们一直在努力,争取提供更多下载资源。}

我要回帖

更多关于 nervousness 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信