I really was not certain where Iwhere would you beultimately go in life. where引导的是什么从句

英语翻译What did life have in store for me?At that stage in my life,I really was not certain where I would ultimately go in life and what I would do with the years ahead of me.But I knew that I would.be able to handle what was ahead because I had_百度作业帮
英语翻译What did life have in store for me?At that stage in my life,I really was not certain where I would ultimately go in life and what I would do with the years ahead of me.But I knew that I would.be able to handle what was ahead because I had
英语翻译What did life have in store for me?At that stage in my life,I really was not certain where I would ultimately go in life and what I would do with the years ahead of me.But I knew that I would.be able to handle what was ahead because I had successfully jumped this important hurdle in my life:I had made the transition from a person dependent on my family for emotional support to a person who was responsible for myself.
生命中有什么在等待着我?在我人生的那个阶段,我真的不确定我最终将走向何处,未来我会做什么.但我知道,我有能力把握前方未知的事情,因为我已经成功地跨过了人生中的这道重要的坎儿.我已经从一个依赖家庭寻求精神支撑的人,成长为一个能自己肩负起责任的人了.
生活为我储存了什么??在我人生中的那个阶段。我真的不确定我最终将会走向哪里而且我不知道前几年我做了什么。但是我知道我前进的方向因为我曾经在我人生中跨过一个很难的障碍。我该从一个对家庭情感作为支撑的人过度成为对自己负责的人!!!...
生命有什么在等待着我?在我生命的那个阶段里,我实在不确定我将最终能都走到哪里,在未来的时光里我该怎么做。但是我所知道的是,我一定能够处理好我将要面临的问题,因为我曾成功地迈过了我人生中的这个坎儿:我已经从曾今那个在情感上非常依赖家人的人转变成了一个能够自己承担责任的人。...
我以后的人生会是如何的呢?在这人生的舞台上,我是真的不确定我的人生最终会走到哪里,也不知怎样对待以后的几年生活。但是我知道我能处理好即将到来的一切,因为我已经成功跳过了人生中重要的这个砍。我已经从一个依靠家庭来情感依托的人向一个为自己负责的人过度了。...
“music小孩”的翻译建议采纳Why I Fired My Father (And Maybe You Should Too) | Everyday Bright
Reinvent your career.
Dare to shine.
Filed Under...
I was 28 years old when I told my dad I never wanted to speak to him again.
I wasn’t trying to hurt him. I was just defending myself from someone I was absolutely certain was ruining my life.
Growing up, things were pretty tense in our house. One minute my dad would entertain me by reciting poems from Longfellow and the next he’d complain my birth had ruined his marriage. He also had the weird habit of hiding under trees every time a plane flew over the house.
It only got worse when my mother passed away. I realized he wasn’t just moody and a little “off.” He was clinically depressed, highly paranoid, and quickly becoming unpredictable.
Like the time he made me cancel a bike ride with Sheila Widnall (then Secretary of the Air Force) because he felt I was abandoning him. Or the time he sent my aunt a paper bag full of excrement after a disagreement.
One day, I’d had enough. I picked up the phone and ended our relationship forever.
And you know what?
It was the best career move I ever made.
Success is not just who you are, but who you surround yourself with
People who come from dysfunctional families are already at a disadvantage in the workplace.
found an increase in family arguments from age 5 to 15 led to long-term impacts on career functioning.
This may be because
are the first models of behavior we take into the workplace. If your dad was a jerk and your sister a bully, you’ll likely have a hard time with team projects. You’ll either yell to get your way or be afraid to stick up for your ideas.
Extensive research performed by the Gallup organization and reported by Tom Rath in his book How Full Is Your Bucket, demonstrates professional success isn’t just about your innate talents or whether you graduated magna cum laude, but the relationships you surrounded yourself with.
Friends and family either fill our emotional bucket or drain it. Rath shows that the fullness of your bucket influences everything from your productivity and creativity to your confidence.
Rath says the biggest benefit to your career comes from having friends at work. This is why it may make sense to end relations with a bucket draining family member, while still cultivating a friendly relationship with an annoying colleague.
Perform a cost-benefit analysis on everyone you interact with
It sounds harsh. But performing a cost-benefit analysis on everyone, including friends, family, co-workers and customers, is the only way to assure your own needs stay in the equation instead of allowing genetics or social mores to dominate the decision.
Ask yourself, what does this person provide: security, happiness, inspiration, a sense of tradition? But also, what does this person take away? Be honest. Then decide if you want to nurture, maintain, minimize, or eliminate the relationship.
Your birth certificate is not a binding contract
An article in
described the benefit of a work-spouse relationship as having the “intimacy [of marriage] without the sex or commitment.” A recent survey showed roughly 65 per cent of married couples have a work-spouse, discussing everything from health and money to sex. A work-spouse can even increase your chances for a promotion or raise.
It’s odd that it’s okay to divorce or supplement your spouse, the one you vowed to honor and cherish, but you’re stuck with the family you were born to. When I ended my relationship with my father, I “adopted” my mom’s best friend, who didn’t have any children of her own. This is a decision that keeps paying dividends. Not only do I get a more stable life, but my daughter gets grandparents who aren’t depressed or weird.
Your co-workers can feel like extended family as well. In addition to those work-spouses, you can find work-fathers and work-cousins (the ones you go to the bars with). When you honestly feel grateful to be attending the Thanksgiving potluck, you know you’ve found a great place to work, as well as a support system you can rely on when your family fails.
It takes guts to take responsibility … and succeed in business
It’s easy to be a martyr, to say you have to keep up a tortured relationship because you feel obligated or loyal or responsible. Some people wear their DNA like a ball and chain, hoping one day their mom will be proud, or their dad will be sober, or their sibling will stop obsessively competing. They hire a therapist to get through the holidays.
It takes courage to put yourself first.
I don’t mean you should use people as stepping stones for your career aspirations. If you want to nurture or maintain the useful relationships in your life, you’ll need to give as much or more than you receive.
But you only get one bucket. You have to prioritize who you spend your emotional capital on. Most managers waste their time dealing with angry customers and poor performers because they lack the courage to just let go.
Tackling your personal relationships will give you confidence to do the right things in your career as well. Firing a poor performer in a recession wasn’t nearly as hard as telling my dad I didn’t want to talk to him—ever.
Seven years after that conversation, I learned my dad died alone. It was months before the neighbors noticed his absence. I was sorry he never found the help he needed, but I didn’t feel responsible for it.
Eventually you realize you can only help those willing to help themselves.
And that begins with helping yourself.
Pingback: Is Mean Blogging The Writing Style Of The Future? | blogwalking.web.id - My blogwalking journey
Pingback: —Open Loops 2/15/2012: Articles I Think Worth Passing Along - —
A Chance to
Send a Reply
As Seen On
Categories
From The Archives}

我要回帖

更多关于 where would you be 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信