英语选择题when changing lands,a drive should use his turning point2signal to let other drives kno...

高一上学期英语期末考试试题及答案_高一年级_英语_努力学
◆ 当前位置:>>>>正文
会员:shitizuohao123&&等级:&&点击:&&<font color="#12-12-31
高一上学期英语期末考试试题及答案一. 单项选择 20% (共40小题,每小题0.5分。)1. Oh, my feet hurt! We must have walked for four hours _________ today.A. continue
B. straight C. timely D. direct2. C Well, you want a solution and beggars can’t be choosers.-- You’re right. Desperate times _________ desperate measures!A. call on B. call up
C. call for
D. call back3. I know I look terrible, but I’ll get through it. I’m using eye ______, and I’m taking cough medicine. I should be better by the time of the presentation. A. tears
B. cleansing
C. dropsD. cream4. Are you ready to make some money. Let’s ________________.A. get started
B. get start
C. get a start D. get starting5. --- Who’s your best player? --- That would be Sarah. She’s a __________.A. nature B. naturalC. talented D. telenting6. --- ___________
Put your foot on the brake!--- I am braking.--- No, your foot is on the gas pedal!A. Take care!
B. Attention!
D. Look out!7. --- I was just trying out the weight machine. I think I must be doing something wrong.--- ______________
I’ve been working out on these machine for a few months. So I’m pretty used to them.Maybe you are. B. Maybe it can’t help.
C. Maybe I can help.
D. Maybe you are right.8. --- I thought we might stay in a cabin near the lake.--- ________ That sounds a little too rustic (乡村的) for me.Which is not a good choice?A. A cabine?
B. Near the lake? C. Do you think so?
D. Great!9. --- She is feeling depressed and doesn’t want to talk about it. --- I can think of a way _________. I’ve always wanted to go out with her.A. to cheer her upB. to make her laughC. to calm her down D. to recover herself10. --- __________the cash register breaks down?--- Um...I guess you’ll have to write down all of the information and process (处理) it when the machine is working again.A. Even if
B. As if C. Why ifD. What if11. The computer _______ in offices and homes since the 1970s.A. was usedB. has been used C. had been used
D. is used12. Last year our team went to Seattle, Washington in the USA, ____ we won ____ second place.A. the
D. /13. Many kings and princes wanted to _______ Atlanta even if they knew it was ___________.A. difficultB. killedC. killedD. hopeless14. Pausanias, a _______ writer 2000 years ago, has come ________ a magical journey to find out about the present-day Olympic Games.A. G forB. G inC. G onD. G by15. An opinion is _____ someone believes is true, but has not ____________.A. been provedB. provedC. provedD. been proved16. The amber room, which was about ________ long, _______ as a small reception hall for important visitors.A. was used B. was considered
C. four C usedD. served17. As the moon gave ______ light, I didn’t dare open a window. A. far too much B. much far too C. too much far D. too far much18. Will Chinese English _______ its own identity? Only time will tell.A. improve B. permit C. developD. change19. My stubborn sister insisted that she _________ the trip properly.A. organize B. organized
C. would organized D. could organized20. Workers built shelters for survivors ______ homes had been destroyed.A. who
C. whichD. whose21. Mandela was generous with his time, _______ I was grateful.A. whichB. for which
C. in which
D. by which22. She wanted to draw my attention, but I ___________ her on purpose.A. missedB. noticed C. ignored
D. punished23. When I met the little boy _________, I found he was clever.A. the first time B. for the first timeC. for the first D. first time24. Have you seen the three apples on the table? You can take _________ of them. A. none B. either C. both D. any25. Stand ________ there is a tower, and I’ll take a photo of you.A. where
B. the place whereC. in which
D. that26. Every few years, the coal workers _______ their lungs X-rayed to ensure their health. A. are having
C. have had
D. had had27. When changing lanes(车道), a driver should use his turning signal to let other drivers know ________.A. he is entering which lane B. which lane he is enteringC. is he entering which lane D. which lane is he entering28. The employee you had been thinking highly_______ dishonest.A. of provedB. of proving C. of to prove D. of being proved.29. He made another wonderful discovery, ____________ of great importance to science.A. which he believed would be
B. which he believed it would beC. which he believed it D. he believed which would be30. A cleaning environment can help the city bid for the Olympics, which ____ will promote its economic development.A. in nature
B. in return
C. in turn
D. in fact31. This passage has too many long sentences. I’m afraid they will be hard for most of the students. Could you help to _______ them?A. mix
C. destroy
D. simplify32. Only after I read the text over again _____ its main idea.A. that I knew
B. did I know
C. 1 could know D. I did know33. Would you consideryour homework first before you go to the cinema?A. finishing B. to finish C. being finished
D. finish34. Mother is strict with me. She won’t ______ me to stay outside late at night.A. let
D. refuse35. Last week he was caught stealing things in the store. ____ his youth, the boss has decided not to charge him. A. In spite of
B. In case of C. In charge of
D. In view of36. These kinds of shoes _________ well.A. don’t sell B. are not sold
C. won&#39;t be soldD. were not sold37. A quarrel ________ between the two neighbors when I happened to go by the building.A. broke out B. was broke out C. is breaking outD. is broke out38. Both my parents work at the power station that________ in my hometown recently.A. has set upB. was set up C. has been set up D. is set up39. ― Sorry, I got a bad cold yesterday.― Every time you are absent, you _______ an excuse.A. take up B. give up
C. send up
D. make up40. It is a paradox (矛盾) that in a rich country there should bemany poor people.A. such B. so C. so
D. such二. 完形填空(20%)(共20 小题,每小题1分)Parents and children have at least three disagreements a day, with mothers
most of the rows(吵架), according to a new research.The most common rows are42household chores(家务), children “43the house like a hotel” and couples
44each other for granted, a survey of 3,000 families found. Fights
45three times a day, usually46for five minutes. Families spend 91 hours a year arguing, with mothers the worst47for shouting and raging. Mark De Netto, spokesman for family database Uinvue C who organized the48-- said: “It was interesting to note that49still seems to play the key role
50the family. However the results do show that dads are getting51more involved(参与).”Researchers found that daughters were most52to slam(砰地关上) doors during an argument, while fathers53to go for a long drive to 54 .Television was a big source of55, with mothers preferring soap operas, fathers56to watch sports or documentaries(纪录片, and children arguing for films or reality TV shows. Mr De Netto said: “Although arguments are a(an)57 factor in all families, our results show58they play a vital role in building and strengthening ties within the family and act as a release valve(泄气阀) for family members, so minor arguments do play a59role in family life. We do still think it is worthwhile60 slowly to ten sometimes. “One in ten of the families polled(民意测验)said they were not on speaking terms at the time of the survey. 41. A. to be causing B. caused
C. cause D. causing42. A. with
D. for43. A. thinking
B. treating
C. regarding
D. considering44. A. take
B. to take C. tookD. taking45. A. break out B. come out
C. turn out
D. make out46. A. staying
B. remaining
D. keeping47. A. roles
B. members
C. persons
D. time48. A. argument B. research
C. interview
D. fight49. A. dad
C. daughter
D. couple50. A. inside B. outside
D. without51. A. far
B. farther
C. further D. near52. A. likely
B. perhaps
C. possible
D. probable53. A. suggested B. refused
C. preferred
D. required54. A. kick off
B. cool off
C. turn off
D. cut off55. A. disappointment
C. disagreement
D. dissatisfaction56. A. wanted
B. wanting
D. to want57. A. common
B. ordinary
C. general
D. average(平均的)58. A. that
C. whether
D. what59. A. negative(负面)B. objective(客观) C. positive(正面) D. imaginative60. A. count
C. countedD. counting三. 阅读理解(30%)(共15小题,每小题2分)AEllen Parker was worried about her health. She could not walk very quickly and it was difficult for her to climb stairs. She was soon out of breath. “I suppose I had better go to the doctor.” she thought.She went to the doctor and told him her problem. “I&#39;m not at all surprised.” he said, “I know what your problem is.” He examined her and then gave her some advice. “If you don’t do what I say, Mrs Parker,” he said, “You will have a heart attack (心脏病发作). It could kill you.”Ellen was very worried as she left the doctor’s. She knew that she had to take his advice but that it would not be easy and it would take time.The next day she went shopping. The first shop she went into was a butcher shop (肉铺). “I&#39;d like ten pounds of steak (牛排), please.” she said. “Certainly, madam.” the butcher replied and went into the cold room and found a large piece of steak. He brought the huge piece of meat back into the shop and placed it on the scale (称). “That&#39;s just ten pounds.” he said. “That&#39;s big enough.” Mrs Parker said. The butcher worked out the price. “At $4.99 a pound that will be $49.90, please. Would you like me to cut it up into smaller pieces for you?” “Oh, I don&#39;t want to buy the meat.” Mrs Parker said. “If you don&#39;t want to buy it,” the butcher replied angrily, “Why did you ask me to get it for you?” “My doctor told me that I am too heavy and have to lose ten pounds. I wanted to see what ten pounds of meat looked like.”61. Why did Ellen Parker visit the doctor?A. She had a heart attack.B. She had a problem with her health.C. She was unhappy about her weight.
D. She could not sleep well. 62. Why did Ellen Parker ask for ten pounds of steak?A. She wanted to buy some for dinner.B. She wanted to lose weight.C. Her doctor had told her to eat steak.
D. She wanted to see what ten pounds of meat looked like. 63. What was Ellen Parker&#39;s real problem?A. She ate too much steak. B. She weighed(称起来)too much.C. She was often out of breath. D. She could not walk very quickly. BThe Winter Palace was built between 1754 and 1762 for Empress Elizabeth, the daughter of Peter the Great. Unfortunately, Elizabeth died before the palace was completed and only Catherine the Great and her successors were able to enjoy the great interior (内部) of Elizabeth’s home. Many parts of the palace’s impressive interior have been remodeled since then, particularly after 1837, when a huge fire destroyed most of the building. Today the Winter Palace, together with four more buildings arranged side by side along the river embankment, houses the extensive collections(收藏)of the Hermitage. The Hermitage Museum is the largest art gallery in Russia and is among the largest and most respected art museums in the world.The museum was founded in 1764 when Catherine the Great bought a collection of 255 paintings from the German city of Berlin. Today, the Hermitage boasts over 2.7 million exhibits and displays, a diverse range of art and artifacts (手工艺品) from all over the world and throughout history (from Ancient Egypt to the early 20th century Europe). The Hermitage’s collections include works by Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael and Titian, a collection of Rembrandts and Rubens, many French Impressionist(印象派)works by Renoir, Cezanne, Monet and Pissarro, and several works by Rodin. The collection is really worth a stop for all those interested in art and history. The experts say that if you were to spend a minute looking at each exhibit on show in the Hermitage, you would need 11 years before you’d seen them all. However, we suggest you choose a guided tour instead!Location: Dvortsovaia Naberezhnaia, 32-38.Open: 10:30 am to 5:30 pm, Sunday till 5 pm. Closed: Mondays. Ticket-office closes 1 hour before closing time.64. According to the passage, the Winter Palace was built for ______.A. Catherine the Great
B. Empress ElizabethC. Peter the GreatD. Empress Elizabeth’s successors65. What’s the main reason why many parts of the palace’s impressive interior were remodeled?A. Catherine the Great and her successors didn’t like the design.B. Empress Elizabeth wanted to remodel the palace.C. A huge fire destroyed most of the building in 1837.D. The building became old itself.66. According to the passage, which of the following is CORRECT?A. The Winter Palace was built between 1753 and 1761.B. The Hermitage’s collections don’t include works by Monet.C. The Hermitage Museum is the largest art gallery in Russia.D. The Hermitage Museum was founded in 1764 when Empress Elizabeth bought a collection of 255 paintings from Berlin.67. If you want to visit the museum, when can you go?A. At 10:30 am on Monday.B. At 10:00 am on Tuesday.C. At 11:00 am on Sunday. D. None of the above.
CHe knew his colors and shapes, he learned more than 100 English words, and with his own brand of one-liners(俏皮话) he established (确立) himself in TV shows, scientific reports, and news articles as perhaps the world’s most famous talking bird. But last week, Alex, an African parrot, died, obviously of natural causes, said Dr Irene Pepperberg, an expert at Brandeis University and Harvard who studied and worked with the parrot for most of its life and published reports of his progress in scientific journals. The parrot was 31.Scientists have long debated whether any other species can develop the ability to learn human language. Alex’s language ability was, in some ways, more surprising than the efforts of those animals that have been taught, like Koko, the gorilla (猩猩) trained by Penny Patterson at the Gorilla Foundation in Woodside, or Washoe, another gorilla studied by R. Allen and Beatrice Gardner at the University of Nevada in the 1960s and 1970s.When Dr Pepperberg, who was then a doctoral student in chemistry at Harvard, found Alex was good at remembering words in a pet store in 1977 and bought it, scientists had little expectation that birds could learn to communicate with humans. Most of the research had been done on pigeons, and was not promising.But by using novel methods of teaching, Dr Pepperberg taught Alex to learn about 150 words, which he could put into categories. He could count small numbers and tell colors and shapes. “The work changed the way we think of bird brains,” said Diana Reiss, a psychologist at Hunter College who works with dolphins and elephants. “We used to look down upon those birds, but now we look at those brains ― at least Alex’s ― with some awe.”68. Alex is very famous because ______.A. it died of a strange diseaseB. it lived longer than any other parrotC. it hosted many famous TV showsD. it has a special talent in learning human language69. What was the direct reason why Dr Pepperberg bought Alex?A. He found it was good at remembering words.B. He liked its colors and shapes.C. He wanted to do research on birds.D. Diana Reiss asked him to do that.70. What does the underlined word “novel” mean in the last paragraph?A. regular
B. new C. great D. common71. What would be the best title for this passage?A. Who are cleverer, birds or gorillas?
B. A famous talking bird died.C. Have you ever talked with a bird?D. The keeper of a famous bird.DSome parents try to protect their children from unpleasant realities like illness, financial loss and death. But therapists (治疗学家) point out that children can often end up feeling left out if they are old enough to understand what’s going on, but are not told the truth about family worries.One widowed (鳏夫) father told me how deeply he regrets that he and his late wife did not tell their son that she was dying of leukemia (白血病). “For months we kept the truth to ourselves. We thought we were protecting our son from emotional pain,” he recalls. “It was a great mistake. I had time to prepare myself. But my wife’s death stunned our boy. It was years before he trusted me again.”Says Judith Davenport, a psychotherapist who practises in Santa Monica, Calif. “It’s important to let children experience the reality of death, if it can be done in an atmosphere of love and caring. A child whose sibling, parent or grandparent is seriously ill can be made to feel helpful by being allowed to run errands (跑腿) or answer the phone. Even a very young child can comfort a sick loved one with a brief but cheering visit.”In money matters, if children are not told the facts about a financial setback, says grace W. Weinstein, writer of Children and Money, they may imagine the worst. For example, they might think they will have no food to eat or will lose their home, when the simple reality may be that luxuries(奢侈品) will have to be taken away. Even the busiest families can arrange to share a relaxed evening meal together at least once or twice a week. Mealtimes are often the only time that families can engage in stimulating (激发) conversations. Says Michael Abrahams, a licensed clinical social worker in Rockville, Md. “How mealtime is used C to argue or talk, discipline or praise―is a good barometer (晴雨表)of whether a family is drifting apart or drawing closer.”Another way to strengthen family closeness is to encourage your youngsters to invite a friend for dinner from time to time, giving each child a turn at choosing the guest. This makes parents get to know their children’s friends, and also helps youngsters feel they are respected members of the family.A joint endeavor (努力) can be stimulating if you choose one that everyone enjoys. Try planting and cultivating garden, or organizing that box of old snapshots into a family album, or learning how to bake bread from scratch.One father recalls the shared sense of success he and his son experienced when they finished building a dining-room table. “We started six months ago with plans and planks,” he says. “ When the job was done, we looked at each other and said, ‘Wow! We did it!’”72. The passage is addressed directly to _____________.A. parents B. children
C. social workers
D. both parents and children73. Juding from the passage, what does “sibling” in the third paragraph mean?A. friend
B. classmate
C. teammate
D. brother or sister 74. Which of the following statements is not true?A. Parents should try to communicate with their children.B. Children do not necessarily have to experience death.C. Children can help a lot when some family member is ill.D. Not telling children the truth may cause greater anxiety in them.75. Why does building a dining-room table give the father and his son a shared sense of success?A. Because building a table is a great pleasure.B. Because others didn’t believe that they could finally do it. C. Because a dining-room table is very important to the familyD. Because they achieve something by doing something together.四. 书面表达 (30%)1) 单词拼写 (5%)(共10小题,每小题0.5分)76. Jenny is rather __________ (担心) about her mother’s health.77. Our crops ___________ (遭受) a lot from the frost(霜)last winter. 78. The boy made a ____________(诺言) to his parents about his plans.79. The giant panda, popular with American children, is _______ (本土的) to China. 80. After ___________ (毕业) from college, he took up writing as his career. 81. In the accident, only two people s__________ at last.82. Jenny read the m______ “Never say die”, looking more determined. 83. It’s fine if he doesn’t like your painting. It’s all a matter of p____________ taste. 84. She b__________ into laughter at the sight of his funny look. 85. All human beings, whether men or women, black or white, are created e________.2) 短文改错(10%)(共10个错,每个1分)下面短文中有10处语言错误。请在有错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写上该加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写上修改后的词。注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。In Houston, you don’t feel free to walk on the streets. I like walk and looking around very much. Unfortunate, in this city, whenever I walk on the street, people look at me even if I am guilty(有罪的). That’s because nobody else walks, and most people have his own cars. When I walk, people drive and turn their heads to stare at me. Even during the day, streets near my home look like ghost towns because nobody is walking inside. Only at night, a few of men come out, walk around, but drink a couple of beers. I sometimes wonder why people have to drink that many and commit crimes(犯罪). All these facts made me feel less free when I walk in Houston.3) 短文填空(5%)(共10个空, 每空0.5分)根据上下文意思填上适当的词,每空一词(所给动词填空有可能出现例外)。More and more women in the United States and in many other countries participate in sports and games. This has not always been the case, _________. In fact, women had not been as active in sports as men ___________ the twentieth century.Part of the explanation for this is __________ women simply did not have time. Many women cooked, cleaned and took care of children. They were ___________ busy that they did not have time for sports. A second reason, especially in the late nineteenth century, is that most still viewed women ___________ weak and delicate (脆弱的) beings. In the Victorian era (维多利亚时代), people thought that it was unladylike for a woman to ______________ (involve) in any sporting activity. There have been changes in both the view of women in the modern world, __________ also changes within the world of sports. These changes have allowed many more women to participate in sports. The general view of women has changed greatly ____________ the Victorian era. Women are no longer considered delicate. People do not think it is unladylike for a woman to compete in sports. Women ___________ win in sports activities are highly regarded. Many women now take part in sports and games of many different kinds, and enjoy ____________(do) so. 4) 句子翻译 (10%)(共5句,每句2分)以下每个句子都含有一个定语从句这是这个月我所看到的最好的天气。This is the finest weather ________
__________ easily.桌子有四条腿,其中的一条腿是坏的。A table has four legs, _________
11-15BCDCA
16-20DACAD21-25BCBDA
26-30BBAAC
31-35DBABD
36-40AACDB二、完形填空41-45DBBDA
46-50CABBC
51-55AACBC
56-60BAACD三. 阅读理解61- 63
BDB64- 67BCCC68- 71DABB 72- 75ADCD四. 书面表达1、单词拼写76 concerned
77 suffered
78 promise
80 graduating81 survived
83 personal
85 equal2. 短文改错In Houston, you don’t feel free to walk on the streets. I like walk and looking around very
walkingmuch. Unfortunate, in this city, whenever I walk on the street, people look at me even if I am Unfortunatelyasguilty(有罪的). That’s because nobody else walks, and most people have his own cars. When I
theirwalk, people drive∧and turn their heads to stare at me. Even during the day, streets near my byhome look like ghost towns because nobody is walking inside. Only at night, a few of men outsidecome out, walk around, but drink a couple of beers. I sometimes wonder why people have to drink
andthat many and commit crimes(犯罪). All these facts made me feel less free when I walk in much
makeHouston.4. 句子翻译 that I have seen/ I have ever seenwho will give upone of which …broken as is …the casewith whom ... could talk&&&
◆ 相关试题 ?}

我要回帖

更多关于 turning 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信