get on upchoked up中get on upup属于哪一用法,或这是个固定短语??

His mother had thought it would be good for his character to from home and earn some money on his own.A.run awayB.take awayC.keep awayD.get away 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
His mother had thought it would be good for his character to _____ from home and earn some money on his own.A.run awayB.take awayC.keep awayD.get away
解析试题分析:动词短语辨析。A跑开;B带走;C避开,不接近;D get away from逃离,摆脱;句意:他的母亲原以为对他的性格来说离开家去挣钱会是比较好。故D正确。考点:考查动词短语辨析点评:动词的短语辨析要根据上下文的语境进行,要把短语的意思和句意相结合。同时也要注意一个短语多种意义的现象,如pick up 捡起;用车接;无意中学会;接受信号;康复。恢复;染上…;在平时的学习中要把同种类型的短语放在一起比较,如同一个动词+不同的介词/副词;同一个介词/副词+不同的动词。诸如此类的固定短语,属于最基本的知识,如果学生有错误,则应该加强背诵并平时多解题,进而加以巩固.
科目:高中英语
来源:学年上海市七校高一5月阶段检测英语卷(带解析)
题型:阅读理解
My teenage son Karl became withdraw after his father died. As a single parent, I tried to do my best to talk to him. But the more I tried, the more he pulled away. When his report card arrived during his junior year, it said that he had been absent 95 times from classes and had six falling grades for the year. At this rate he would never graduate. I sent him to the school adviser, and I even begged him. Nothing worked. One night I felt so powerless that I got down on my knees and pleaded for help. “Please God, I can’t do anything more for my son. I’m at the end of my rope. I’m giving the whole thing up to you.” I was at work when I got a phone call. A man introduced himself as the headmaster. “I want to talk to you about Karl’s absences.” Before he could say another word, I choked up and all my disappointment and sadness over Karl came pouring out into the ears of this stranger. “I love my son but I just don’t know what to do. I’ve tried everything to get Karl to go back to school and nothing has worked. It’s out of my hands.” For a moment there was silence on the other end of the line. The headmaster seriously said, “thank you for your time”, and hung up. Karl’s next report card showed a marked improvement in his grades. Finally, he even made the honor roll. In his fourth year, I attended a parent-teacher meeting with Karl. I noticed that his teachers were astonished at the way he had turned himself around. On our way home, he said, “Mum, remember that call from the headmaster last year?” I nodded. “That was I. I thought I’d play a joke but when I heard what you said, it really hit me how much I was hurting you. That’s when I knew I had to make you proud.”【小题1】By saying “Karl became withdrawn”, the author means that the boy changed entirely and _____.A.preferred to stay alone at homeB.often escaped schoolC.refused to talk to othersD.began to dislike his mother【小题2】There was silence on the other end of the line because _____.A.the speaker was too moved to say anything to the motherB.the speaker waited for the mother to finish speakingC.the speaker didn’t want the mother to recognize his voiceD.the speaker was unable to interrupt the mother【小题3】What is the main idea of this passage?A.Children in single-parent families often have mental problems.B.Mother’s love plays an important role in teenagers’ life.C.Being understood by parents is very important to teenagers.D.School education doesn’t work without full support from parents.
来源:学年四川省球溪高级中学高一上学期期中考试英语卷
It doesn’t matter when or how much a person sleeps, but everyone needs some rest to stay alive. That’s what all doctors thought, until they heard about& Herpin.& Herpin, it was said, never slept, Could this be true? The doctors decided to see this strange man themselves. Herpin was 90 years old when the doctors came to his home in New Jersey. They thought for sure that he got some sleep of some kind. So they stayed with him and watched every movement he made. But they were surprised . Though they watched him hour after hour and day after day, they never saw Herpin sleeping , In fact, he did not even own a bed. He never needed one.The only rest that Herpin sometimes got was sitting in a comfortable chair and reading newspapers. The doctors were puzzled by this strange continuous sleeplessness. They found only one answer that might explain his condition. Herpin remembered some talk about his mother having been injured several days before he was born. But that was all. Was this the real reason? No one could be sure.Herpin died at the age of 94.【小题1】The main idea of this passage is that _______.&&&A.a person was found who actually didn’t need any sleepB.large numbers of people do not need sleepC.everyone needs some sleep to stay aliveD.people can live longer by trying not to sleep【小题2】The doctors came to visit Herpin , expecting to ______.A.cure him of his sleeplessnessB.find that his sleeplessness was not really trueC.find a way to free people from the need of sleepingD.find out why some old people didn’t need any sleep【小题3】 After watching him closely, the doctors came to believe that Herpin ________.A.was too old to need any sleepB.often slept in a chairC.needed no sleep at allD.needed some kind of sleep【小题4】One reason that might explain Herpin’s sleeplessness was ________.A.that he hadn’t got a bedB.that he had gradually got rid of the sleeping habitC.his mother’s injury before he was bornD.his magnificent physical condition
来源:学年四川省南山中学高一上学期期中考试英语试卷(带解析)
It doesn't matter when or how much a person sleeps, but everyone needs some rest to stay alive. That's what all doctors thought, until they heard about Al Herpin. Al Herpin, it was said, never slept. Could this be true ? The doctors decided to see this strange man themselves.Al Herpin was 90 years old when the doctors came to his home in New Jersey. They thought for sure that he got some sleep of some kind. So they stayed with him and watched every movement he made. But they were surprised. Though they watched him hour after hour and day after day. They never saw Herpin sleeping. In fact, he did not even own a bed. He never needed one.The only rest that Herpin sometimes got was sitting in a comfortable chair and reading newspapers. The doctors were puzzled by this strange continuous sleeplessness. They found only one answer that might explain his condition. Herpin remembered some talk about his mother having been injured several days before he was born. But that was all. Was this the real reason ? No one could be sure. Herpin died at the age of 94.【小题1】The main idea of this passage is that _______. A.a person was found who actually didn't need any sleepB.large numbers of people do not need sleepC.everyone needs some sleep to stay aliveD.people can live longer by trying not to sleep【小题2】 The doctors came to visit Herpin, expecting to _______.A.cure him of his sleeplessnessB.find a way to free people from the need of sleepingC.find that his sleeplessness was not really trueD.find out why some old people didn't need any asleep【小题3】After watching him closely, the doctors came to believe that Al Herpin _______.A.was too old to need any sleepB.needed no sleep at allC.often slept in a chairD.needed some kind of sleep【小题4】One reason that might explain Herpin's sleeplessness was _______.A.that he hadn't got a bedB.that he had gradually got tired of the sleeping habitC.his mother's injury before he was bornD.his magnificent physical condition
来源:2015届河北省高二上学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
Joseph Rudyard Kipling, who enjoyed early success withhis poems, was born on 30 December 1865 in Bombay, India. Some of Kipling’s earliest and fondest memories are of his and sister Alice’s trips to the fruit market with their woman servant, or walking with his parentsalongside the sea at night.The beautiful days were to end when in 1871 Rudyardand Alice were sent to school in Southsea, England, to live with CaptainHolloway and his wife. She ruled the boarding house with punishment and Kiplingwas often beaten by her and her son. “Then the old Captain died, and I wassorry, for he was the only person in that house as far as I can remember whoever threw me a kind word.” So he wrote in his later books. Kipling soonlearned to read and found comfort in literature and poetry.Freedom from the Holloway household was gained when hespent one month a year in London with his mother’s kind sister Aunt Georgie andher husband, pre-Raphaelite painter Edward Burne Jones and their children. Thosemonths of December were a really paradise to Kipling.In 1877 Kipling’s mother returned to England andcollected him so that he could attend the United Services College in Devon. Nowhe was able to settle into the life of a student and in his second year startedwriting his own Schoolboy Lyric poems printed by his parents. In 1878 hisfather took him to the Paris Exhibition where he was allowed to wander freelyand gained much appreciation for French culture which he wrote about in“Souvenirs of France”.1. Kipling first left his parents in __________.A. 1865&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.1871&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. 1877&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. 18782. Kipling fell in love with literature and poetry__________.A. before the old Holloway diedB. when he was a little boy with his parentsC. when he attended the United Services College D. when he was in school, living with the Holloways 3. From the underlined sentence in paragraph 3 welearn that __________.A. he felt free and happy with his aunt’s familyB. he felt terrible when he stayed with the old CaptainC. the death of the old captain influenced him a lotD. the days at his aunt’s helped him become asuccessful poet&
来源:2015届河南省高一下期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:完型填空
Joe wanted a bike. He asked his parents for the moneyand they had said he must &1&it. But how? He thought about this &2&hewalked home. Not many people wanted to ask kids to work for 3&. Maybe he could clear away snow for theneighbors. 4&this was summer. He’d have to 5&a long time for that. He couldn’t cut grass fortheir gardens 6&he had no tools to do the work with.Then Joe saw one of his &7&,Dick, delivering &8&. I could do that, he& 9&. Maybe I could get thebike right &10&. I could payfor it &11&each week. He ran to catch up &12&Dick.Joe asked &13&questionsabout having a paper route. He learned that &14&waspossible to earn twenty-five dollars each week. He learned &15&the job took about three &16&eachnight. Dick gave him the &17&of the newspaper manager.Joe almost flew home. After he had &18&hisplan, his mother smiled. “I think it’s a great idea.” she said. “I’ll call thenewspaper.”“Wait Mom,” Joe said. “I’ll19&. After all,I’m going to be a businessman now.”Joe’s mother smiled &20.1.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.buy&&&&&&&&&&& B.earn&&&&&&&&&& C.take D.do&2.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.if&&&&&&&&&&&& B.whether&&&&&&& C.since D.as&3.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.them&&&&&&&&& B.you&&&&&&&&&&& C.him& D.us&4.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.But&&&&&&&&&&& B.And&&&&&&&&&&& C.So&& D.Or&5.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.walk&&&&&&&&&& B.wait&&&&&&&&&&& C.sit&& D.stand&6.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.because&&&&&&& B.so&&&&&&&&&&&& C.although D.but&7.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.classmate&&&&&& B.classmates&&&&&& C.parents&& D.parent&8.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.newspapers&&&& B.news&&&&&&&&&& C.cards D.message&9.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.talked&&&&&&&&& B.agreed&&&&&&&& C.thought&& D.told&10.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.along&&&&&&&&& B.away&&&&&&&&&& C.on&& D.out&11.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.little&&&&&&&&&& B.few&&&&&&&&&&& C.a little D.a few&12.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.with&&&&&&&&&& B.on&&&&&&&&&&& C.along D.to&13.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.many a&&&&&&&& B.much&&&&&&&&& C.plenty D.a great many&14.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.this&&&&&&&&&&& B.it&&&&&&&&&&&& C.that& D.which&15.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.that&&&&&&&&&& B.what&&&&&&&&&& C.why& D.when&16.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.days&&&&&&&&&& B.minutes&&&&&&& C.hours D.hour&17.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.address&&&&&&& B.telephone&&&&& C.phone number& D.manager&18.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.explained&&&&&& B.talked&&&&&&&&& C.thought&& D.changed&19.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.call&&&&&&&&&&& B.tell&&&&&&&&&&& C.say&& D.be&20.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.sadly&&&&&&&&& B.angry&&&&&&&&& C.proud D.proudly&&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号您要找的是不是:
get choked
吃东西噎到
Witnessing these tears, we get choked up.
目睹他泪水流淌,我们哽咽而鼻酸。
I still get choked up thinking about it all these years later.
以后那么多年里我想起来还觉得郁闷。
Even this many years later I still get choked up during the playing of the national anthem and any display of our American flag.
甚至多年以后,每当唱起国歌或者展示美国国旗的时候,我仍然会哽咽。
The soldier seems to get choked up when he speaks of his family -- his parents, siblings, nieces and nephew -- and the girlfriend he hopes to marry.
It takes an hour to get virtually anywhere in the traffic-choked capital, a skein of alleyways and dead ends.
"That is because the chancellor has choked off the recovery and it is because the DWP has comprehensively failed to get in place a back-to-work programme that actually works, " he said.
$firstVoiceSent
- 来自原声例句
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!Green Houses provide residents with broad autonomy, allowing them to choose, for instance, when to get up and when to eat.
They want to do all the thinking for you -- when to sleep, when to get up, when to shower, when to eat, what you do, what you can't do, who you can see, when you watch TV, when you go to bed.
But when I tried to get up I felt too weak to stand.
Couples, 46, lost his chance when he failed to get up and down from sand at the 16th and then failed to birdie the long 17th downwind.
This means there are times when I have to get up at 4:00 AM because Fox5 TV in New York City wants my analysis on a media story for their morning broadcast.
In Egypt, Dr. Burgess says she had just one morning when it was hard to get up.
In a typical prison, when it is time to get up and go to work or to breakfast in the morning, we ring the bell and we march them out.
They're also days when thieves get to work setting up pleas for money via social media, phone calls and text, said Ken Berger, president and CEO of CharityNavigator.org, which monitors scams after disasters, offers advice on giving and rates nonprofits of all kinds.
It was only in the second half that Arsenal's fluid passing game began to get going and even when it was up and running the visitors proved unable to consistently test James.
But even when the workers get up to stretch their legs they take their laptop with them.
"The reserve game might not be as high a standard but it's still game time and I'll have a full week to train when I get back up there, " he added.
The confrontation has been brewing for a while, but it was yesterday when things started to get real all up in this piece: The competing parties escalated their confrontation with full-page ads in The New York Times and The Los Angeles Times.
The same is true when people are told not to get emotionally attached to a house when in the market because they will end up paying more than it is worth.
New York finally had something to show for its efforts when Richards cleaned up a loose puck in front to get the Rangers within a goal at 5:43 of the second.
He lays into the "waste and mismanagement" of the EU and, slightly disconcertingly, rounds on BBC News Online, claiming to know what I get up to in my leisure time when asked about claims UKIP has a "Little Englander" attitude.
Of course, real estate development is hardly risk-free, even when the Trumps get someone else to cough up the capital.
"The whole year we've been figuring a way to patch up things when we get guys hurt, " Ethier said.
And it's easy to get fed up when the stars begin to fall.
Why buy newspapers when you can get up-to-the-minute news on the web?
In fact, a number of them appeared far more interested in what his successor might get up to when he has assumed power.
It is the story of childhood sweethearts, preparing to get married when a cousin turns up and puts temptation in one of their ways.
The soldier seems to get choked up when he speaks of his family -- his parents, siblings, nieces and nephew -- and the girlfriend he hopes to marry.
Researchers at the Black Hat conference showed just what mischief a commonly used UK PoS terminal could get up to when they inserted a chip-and-pin card crafted with malicious code.
When my confidence was bruised, I never lost touch with what I stood for and always reminded myself of my values and beliefs that allowed me to get back up when I was knocked down.
Enroth was sharp in the opening minute of the second period when he got his glove up to get a piece of Simon Gagne's shot from the left circle after being set up by Claude Giroux on a 2-on-1 break.
Summer Smith Hull, who blogs about frequent-flier miles for families, checks over and over for seat assignments if she doesn't get them right away, grabbing seats that open up when travelers cancel or get upgraded to first class.
He went so far as to implore you not to get hung up on some of the details when the president and his attorneys try to explain this stuff.
What's less clear is when YouTube itself will get the numbers to add up.
It is this week when European leaders get together in Brussels to come up with a solution to the European sovereign debt crisis.
There will be five phases of ticket sales and buyers will only be able to pick up their tickets when they get to the host nation.
$firstVoiceSent
- 来自原声例句
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!}

我要回帖

更多关于 get up to speed 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信