以how to improve ourimprove personalityy为题写一篇英语作文怎么办

> > >how to improve your englishHow to improve your English篇一
How to improve your English
英语有用而且重要,每个人需要尽力学好英语。但是学好英语却很难,我们应该对英语感兴趣,努力学习英语并且决不言弃,同时相信自己我们才能成功地学好英语。
关键词:兴趣,尽力,努力学习,决不言弃,相信自己。
English is useful and important. Everyone needs to try their best to learn English well. But it’s difficult to learn English well. We should become interested in it. Work hard at it and never give it up. Believe ourselves and we can learn English successfully.
Key words: interest, try one’s best, work hard, never give up, believe ourselves .
Rich or poor, young or old, everyone needs to study. As an important communicative tool, English is studied by more and more people around the world. Almost everyone knows the importance of learning English well. But how to grasp the language rapidly and effectively? Here are some suggestions I have used in the last few years.
1. Interest is the best teacher of learning English
I have been learning English since I was a middle school student. In my opinion, an interest in English is very important. When I began to learn English, I found it was fresh for me. I was serious about it, so I have been working hard at it. And I have always got a very good mark in English. Even though I am an English teacher now. I still take an interest in it. I always love to listen to English songs, watch English movies, read magazines and novels about English, teach my students to sing English songs and so on, English opens up my eyes to the outside world.
2. English is very useful, work hard at it
As we know, English is used widely in all kinds of situations: English is
popular around the world for computers, English is popular in science, English can help us understand many new books and movies, most people speak English as a second language. So we should learn it well in the following ways: listen to your teacher carefully in class, speak English bravely wherever you are, keep a good vocabulary and read English as aloud as possible, listen to tapes more to improve your pronunciation, take notes and try your best to use it in your own language. Then practice using it again and again to improve your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
never be tired. And you should keep a good habit—asking. No matter when you meet a question, make it clear by asking your teacher. And you should also use dictionary more often. When you meet new words, first try to guess their meanings, if you have problems guessing them, look them up in the dictionary. Only then will you be able to have a chance of learning English well.
3. English is also difficult, regard your problems as challenges
English is not only very useful and important, but also difficult. You can’t learn it well unless you put all your hearts in it. Some students are very interested in it at first. Time goes by, and more and more students complain about too many vocabularies, they might feel the grammar is too boring and the sentences gradually get longer and more difficult. Then some students begin to give up learning English.
I think it’s not wise to give up it when you have trouble in learning English. You shouldn’t always worry about your problems, you have to face all kinds of challenges instead. You should work harder at it—recite more words, take more notes, pay more attention to your teacher in English class, do more exercises. And you should always believe in yourself: I will be successful if I spend more time in studying English.
In a word, it’s not easy to learn English well. But there is a famous saying: “ Where there's a will there's a way.” I think you can try your best to get over all your difficulties. And I hope you can learn English well from my suggestions. Believe yourself, you will win!
Dear teacher,
Thank you very much for your help and advice! I can’t complete my essay without your help. Thanks a lot!
How to Improve Your English Reading篇二
《How to Improve Your English Reading》
To improve your English reading, you should, first of all, choose something you feel important or interesting to read. Don't try to read everything. You should begin with those written in simple English. Don't read those which prove difficult for you at the very beginning.
While reading, don't read too slowly or look up every new word you meet with. After reading a passage and having its main idea in mind, you may turn back and read it again. This time you read it slowly and look up some new words if necessary.
Keep on reading in this way and you'll surely make progress little by little.
How to improve your English篇三
How to improve your english篇四
How to improve our English怎样提高英语演讲稿篇五
How to improve our English
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen,!
It’s really my great pleasure to be here. Just now, off the stage, I was wondering if I could present well here, but now in the spotlight, I am not that nervous, and all I want to show you is my personality and confidence. At first, I will introduce myself. I am from Class 4, Grade 9. My name’s…. I like …My favorite subject is English.
Next I’d like to talk about “How to improve our English”. To be honest, I’m really happy to stand here and say something about learning English, even if I’m only a beginner of English.
As everybody knows, English is an international language. What’s more, China has entered the WTO. Therefore it’s necessary for us to learn it. But you may ask how I can improve my English?
Well, I have some useful suggestions that I’d like to share(分享) with you.
Firstly, make sure that you pay enough attention to your pronunciation and intonation. Otherwise, you might make
yourself a laughing stock. For example,“Can I use your bike?” if you say,“Can I use your back?” “Pass me the case, please.” you say, “pass me the kiss, please.” Here you mispronounced the two words “bike”and “case”.That will certainly cause
misunderstanding. Besides, tones of different voice can also mean difference. For instance,“London bridge is falling down, falling down, my fair Lady!” It means you are excited ! Now listen again: “London bridge is falling down, falling down, my fair Lady!” It shows you are so sad, right?
Secondly, practice makes perfect. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes when you practice speaking English. On the one
hand, you will learn from them, On the other hand, no one can
avoid (避免)making mistakes, so don’t be shy, try to be brave and speak up !
Also, I think that doing lots of listening practice is one of the secrets of becoming a good language learner. In your
spare time, you can watch some English movies. Maybe you find it difficult to understand the voices, but it doesn’t matter. Keep doing that, you”ll be able to follow later on .
Finally, in order to improve our English, we need to be patient . Anyway, learning English takes time, so you must have a strong will and enough patience. Remember: Rome was not built in a day !
That’s all .Thank you for your time.
如何提高我们的英语水平
大家好!今天我演讲的题目是:如何提高我们的英文。说真的,我非常高兴在这里说一说关于学英语的事情,尽管我只是英语的初学者。
大家都知道,英语是一门国际性的语言,尤其是中国已加入了WTO,学英语对我们来说是格外必要的。但是你可能会问:“如何才能提高我们的英语呢?”那好,接下来我便给大家说一说提高英语的捷径。
首先,你应确信你已在发音技巧和语音方面下了很多功夫。否则,你将会闹出很多笑话。例如“我可以借一下你的自行车吗?”而你说成“我可以借一下你的后背吗?”“请递给我那个箱子”而由于你的错误发音,竟说成“请给我一个吻吧。”很显然,在这两个句子中你读错了“自行车”和“盒子”这两个词,而对方也就自然误解了你的意思。另外,语调的不同也可表达着不同的感情,举个例子:伦敦桥塌了!伦敦桥塌了!我的夫人!(声音高昂,表示高兴)伦敦桥塌了!伦敦桥塌了!我的夫人!(声音低沉,表示悲伤)
其次,大家都知道:熟能生巧。当你在说英语时不要怕犯错误。一方面,没有人会不犯错误的。另一方面你可以从错误中总结教训,所以千万不要害羞,勇敢地大声说出来!
最后,为了能够达到成功的顶峰,我们必须要有耐心。无论怎么说,学英语总是要花费时间的,所以你必须要有足够的勇气和一颗“永不言败”的心。要牢牢地记住这句名言“罗马不是一天造成的!”
How To Improve Your English Speaking Skills篇六
How To Improve Your English Speaking Skills (Last Updated: Nov. 1st) At the beginning, I have to declare that these all may just be blah blah blah to you. BUT, they are all situations that I've been through, and I believe that after reading all these, you may know something, or at least you can
improve your reading skills..... If you don't think they are valuable, just skip it, that's fine:-)
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
I just recalled one sentence that I wrote months ago, and I believe it best fits here.
“Just as the caterpillar must endure the humiliating cocoon
before he can spread his wings as a vibrant butterfly, we all need overcome all the obstacles in store for us and tread on the path that will lead us to success!&
Share it with all you guys.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Long time ago, I posted another Speaking Tips(click me^_^) on GTER. The reason why I wrote this second batch of tips is that I think there are certain rules that can lead everyone to success, and I believe no one would fail to get over 22 on the speaking section if you follow these “rules.” Sounds interesting? OK, HERE WE GO!
Look, there tips are for TOEFL, not only for the speaking part, but also for listening, and I want you to start it as soon as possible, because the sooner you stick with it, the better result you would achieve.
I can always hear people complaining about how hard it is for ESL learners
to use English, not to mention to excel at it. Well, I gotta say--THEY ARE WRONG! Chances are, they don’t really wanna speak English, so it’s no doubt they would find it difficult to use English adequately when they have to. I’ve quote one sentence in the previous tips posted on GTER and I do want to quote it again -- “The first way, the last way, the never-failing way to develop self-confidence in speaking is--to speak,” said Dale Carnegie, one of the most inspiring public speaker in the world.
I may say that the foundation of speaking is -- vocabulary. Even if you don’t know how to organize your words into the grammatically correct structure, you can still make yourself understood if you have a large vocabulary. To cite a concrete case: I was once talking with an American, and I was really not good at English then. Bumping out words that didn’t make up a sentence was what I always did and, to tell the truth, I survived. Why? The American guy told me that he can easily understand what I intended to say even I made tons of grammar mistakes, because he is a native-speaker and is able to guess the meaning without much effect only using the main words I said. That truly encouraged me, because I think that the reason why most ESL learners are afraid of speaking out their thoughts using English is because they think others would not understand them, thus give up speaking English forever, I may say. However, just as the situation I mentioned in the case, native-speakers would comprehend your thoughts as long as you choose the right word and are brave enough to bump it out, while if the person you are talking to is a Chinese students just like you, things may change, and that’s also the reason why I don’t support the idea of going to English Corner to practice English unless they are native-speakers. So, get yourself started to remember those everyday-words(I mean, the words that you use everyday, not those freaking fancy big words!), and try to speak to others. Yes, I know the first time is always the hardest, but I guarantee that once you defeat your fear and expose yourself to others, YOU ARE BOUND TO WIN!
***This is the thing that you have to do throughout your life, even for
Americans***
READING & LISTENING:
Once you got the “basement” needed for speaking, it’s time to go to the next stage -- know about the English way of thinking. This is extremely significant because if you speak using Chinese way of think,
misunderstandings may occur, and I bet that this is not everybody wants. How to tackle that problem? Ummm… It is actually pretty hard, BUT, there is always a way:-)
First, you need to read a lot, and while you are reading, try not to translate the words you read into Chinese, even though you don’t understand them, JUST READ! The more you read, the familiar you would be with English. And here, I wanna say that this is a pretty long shot which needs
perseverance. However, you would soon find out how effective it is when you have kept reading for a couple of months.If you don’t want to read that much, you gotta at least listen. I SAY IT AGAIN: YOU GOTTA LISTEN! I cannot compromise any more. You can listen to whatever is related to English, whatever. English songs, English crosstalk shows, English audiobooks, even just
English-word reciting lists! Listening, for most people, is the optimal way to get familiar with English, because while one listens English, he subconsciously absorb the intonation the speaker
revealed, the words used, and the feeling expressed. It is the only and best way to resolve the problem of unfamiliarity with English.
Second, you need to murmur. Yes, murmur! There is no need to say complete sentences, fragments are fine. Take myself for example. I’ve watched “Friends”, the sitcom, for over six times and followed the words said by the actors every now and then. Even now, I can still remember some of the lines and say them out. This is to make sure that you can speak English with fluency. While repeating the lines, you would
subconsciously(seems like learning English is a subconscious progress, huh?) imitate the intonation, pronunciation employed by the actors. And
long after that, you would definitely be able to say English with amazing ease.
***This would approximately take 1 month***
Now, you’d probably be good at speaking English, and we have to start the part of the way to get higher score on TOEFL.
Sorry for keeping you guys waiting so long!! I really appreciate your support!
First of all, let me make some points clear that would be helpful for you to grasp the general idea about how the Speaking section is like in TOEFL.
Unlike what most Chinese students have thought, the most important part of your answers is not you pronunciation, but your intonation. Why is that so? Well, why don’t I just cite an example to illustrate that point? Indians all speak English, but have you ever heard of any Indian speak English with amazing American accent or British accent? I doubt so. Indians usually say words with however, both Americans and British people would find it not difficult to comprehend what the speaker just said because the intonation that Indian used is pretty much the same as the ones used by either Americans or British people. (If you wanna know more about that point, I strongly recommend “HEROES.” which is a very popular American TV show. There is one person, Mohinder Suresh, who has a strong Indian accent, or whatever… But you would definitely soon find out that his pronunciation is … hmmm … BAD!) So, try to pay less attention on your pronunciation and more on your intonation:-)
Next, I’m gonna tell you some tricks while answering TOEFL iBT speaking questions. The raters are really not looking for something that they would find interesting, and, of course, they cannot. So, what you need to do here is to say things that is extremely familiar with you. How extremely? Well, you have to make sure that you can even say it out aloud without even thinking about it.
For example, if I were asked to answer a question about the most important decision I have made in my life, I would absolutely choose to say that it’s my determination to study abroad, because that’s the most important reason why I’m taking the freaking test answering questions facing a stupid computer. I believe that you would have alotta to talk about why you decided to study abroad. Conversely, if you really tried to think about a “REALLY” important decision you made, 15 seconds are clearly not
enough, not to mention you gotta also think about the reasons and organize your thoughts. Thus, do not waste your time thinking about the best topic to say, the easiest one would always be your choice.
Rule #1: You gotta be specific.
You DEFINITELY want to answer the question with SPECIFIC examples. DO NOT just go around at the topic, because that’s what may count down your score, and this approach also applies to your essay. To demonstrate this point, I would use my own example and capitalize all the specific points I made while I was answering my speaking question the first time I took TOEFL.
Topic: If you got a chance to travel, where would you choose and why?
What would a Chinese student possibly answer:
Hmmm, if I got a chance to travel, I may go to the United States. Firstly, it’s really beautiful there. The mountains are high and the air is clean. I would absolutely love to go American to enjoy the scene. Moreover, the food there would be very attractive. Foods from all over the world can be seen here,
thus it is very likely for me to have a good taste of all kinds of foods.
My answer:
Well, I think I would probably choose to go to the United States,
ESPECIALLY THE WEST COAST, because I’ve already been there once and was totally impressed.The first reason that I wanna say is that, um, the scene there is pretty breathtaking. I can see BOLD EAGLES flying around and TIDES coming and go. What’s more, the food there is very delicious. I can still remember the first time I ate HALIBUT in my host family, that felt pretty great. So, um, that’s why I wanna go to American had I got a chance to travel.
See? It’s not that difficult to be specific, right? All you need to do is just give some words of NAMES and then explain a little bit.
Rule #2: Make sure that your ideas flow together.
DO NOT, I repeat it again, DO NOT recite any kinds of answers before you take the test, because that would only impede your progress of independent thinking, or your answer would sound like many fragments. JUST LET IT BE. If you answer the question by just saying what you wanna say, your idea is s on the contrary, if you want to use some words or sentences that you remembered before the test, you would spend alotta time thinking about how to use it and, thus, your answer could sound idiot.
Rule # 3: Big words DON’T impress
Maybe you wanna be ostentatious(check this word out!) that you have a big vocabulary, maybe you can master how to use these words appropriately, maybe you can even spell those right. BUT, don’t, I say it again, DON’T use big words in any of your speaking answers! Because, they don’t
impress. Imagine this: when you are answering QUESTION 1 that asks you to pick one of your favorite books and explain why, your answer is:
Well, my favorite book is Harry Potter. I posses an extremely deep affection towards it. I can still recall the initial occasion when I exposed myself to this book, it was really exhilarating. Ron is my favorite character in that book, because whenever Harry was trapped by thorny setbacks, he was invariably the one to assist him. What’s more, by immersing myself into reading the book, I really ameliorated my reading skills. That’s why I love this publication.
Does it sound weird? Does it make any sense to you? Maybe you should have look at this one:
Well, my favorite book is Harry Potter. I really love reading it. I can still conjure up the time when I read this book for the first time, I was totally amazed by the characters in the book. I especially love Ron in the book, because whenever Harry was in trouble, he’s always the one to stand out and help him. What’s more, by reading Harry Potter, I improved my reading skill, which is a good thing to happen because it’s nearly the most crucial ability in one’s whole life. That’s why I like reading Harry Potter.
How about this time?? Though the words were easy, but they make good sense to you--they will definitely not confuse you whatsoever.
Do you get it now? You may use 1~2 big words, but more than 3 means you are committing a suicide!!! Please, please pay more attention to your contents, not the words.
TO BE CONTINUED...
BTW, please reply with English~ HA~ Thanks!
How to Improve Your Oral English6篇七
How to Improve Your Oral English_英语论文|论文 论文作者:佚名
论文来源:不详
论文发布时间: 论文所属栏目:英语教学论文范文
《How to Improve Your Oral English_英语论文|论文》英语教学论文范文。
(口语学习方法总汇)
(1)We study spoken English so as to make oral communications, so this order of importance of oral English study should be followed: Fluency, Accuracy, and Appropriateness. That is to say, we have to pay more attention to practical communicating ability instead of only laying emphasis on the grammatical correctness.
我们学习口语目的是为了与别人进行交流,所以英语口语中的几个要素的重要次序应为:流利-准确-恰当.
(2)Try to find some partners practicing oral English together and English corner is a good place as where we may exchange English study experience, widen our sight and improve interest in English.
寻找学伴一起练习口语.英语角是个不错的地方,在那我们不但可以练习口语,还可以交流英语学习经验,开拓视野,提高英语学习兴趣.
(3)If English partners are not easy
then we have to create an English environment
ourselves by speaking English to ourselves.
如果找不到学伴或参加英语角的机会很少,那么也没有关系,有很多种方法可以自己练习口语.比如通过自己对自己将英语来创造英语环境.可以对自己描述所看到的景物,英语口述自己正在作的事情.
*(4)This method is very effective and easy to insist on--interpreting Chinese-English novels or books. First we read the Chinese parts and then try to interpret them into English and then compare our interpretation with the original versions in the novels or books so that we can find out the mistakes, shortcomings and progresses in our interpretation.
*这种方法非常有效且很容易坚持---口译汉英对照(或英汉对照)的小说或其它读物.首先我们先读汉语部分,然后逐句直接口译成英文,完成一小段后,去看书上的对应英文部分并与我们的口译进行比较,我们马上可以发现我们口译的错误,缺点和进步. 请注意:开始要选择较简单的读物,且应大量做,只做一两篇效果是不明显的.开始可能较慢,费时较多,但请坚持,整体上这是一个加速的过程. 高级阶段请计时练习,以加快反应速度和口语流利度.
*作为成人学英语,记忆力差是个拦路虎,作复述练习或背诵课文往往力不从心,或者由于词汇量太小觉得直接作口译太难,
How to Improve Your Oral English_英语论文|论文
那么这样做可以非常有效地解决这个问题::先学习英文课文,通篇理解透彻后,再来看
汉语译文, 把汉语译文口译回英文. 这样等于既作复述练习又作口译(语)练习,可谓一石双鸟!
*这样作的好处:
1.自己就可以练习口语,想练多久,就练多久.
2.始终有一位高级教师指出您的不足和错误──英文原文.
3.题材范围极广,可以突破我们自己的思维禁锢,比如我们总是喜欢谈论我们自己熟悉的话题,所以我们总是在练习相同的语言,进步当然就缓慢了.
4.选择小说,幽默故事或好的短文阅读,使我们有足够的兴趣坚持下去.
5.有一些我们在直接学习英语课文时被我们熟视无睹的地道的英语用法会被此法发掘出来.
6. 对所学知识和所犯错误印象深刻.
这等于我们一直在作汉译英练习
很多英文译文是我们费尽心思憋出来的,所以印象相当深刻.比直接学习英文课文印象要深的多.
7. 经过大量的练习,你会有这样的感觉:没有什么东西你不能翻译,你的翻译水平大大加强了,你的口语表达力大大提高了!
(5)Interpreting what you hear---Changing Roles: Three people make a group: one speaks Chinese, one speaks English acting as the foreigner, one acts as interpreter. Then change roles. This is a good interpreting training method and is good for studying from one another. In addition, it may improve the responding ability and speed of students. The advanced stage of this method is simultaneous interpretation.
听译法-角色互换:三人一组,模拟翻译实战.一人将汉语,一人将英语,扮演老外,一人作翻译.练习一段时间后互换角色.这是一种非常好的翻译训练方法,也是很好的相互学习,取长补短的方法.而且可大大提高反应速度和能力.此法的高级阶段为同声传译,我们可以在听广播或看电视或开会时,把所听内容口译英文.
(6) Oral composition and 3-minute training method: This method is suitable for intense training. Making an oral composition about a certain topic for one minute the first time and record the composition on tape at the same time. Then listen to the composition and find out the room for improvement. Then make the same composition for two minutes for the second time and also record it. And at last repeat the above-mentioned for three minutes.
口语作文和
《How to Improve Your Oral English_英语论文|论文》英语教学论文范文。 3分钟训练法:此法适用于强化训练.找好一个题目作一分钟的口语作文,同时将其录音.
听录音,找出不足和错误,就此题目再作两分钟的的口语作文,同样录音,再听并找出不足与进步,继续作三分钟口语作文.这是高级口语训练,效果不俗.
(7)Retelling exercise: Retell some articles or English stories in our own words.
复述练习:最简单也是最有效的口语学习方法.从治本上攻克英文的方法,特别适合初学者和中级学者,用自己的话背颂所听的英语故事或文章短文,应该大量地练习.
(8)If possible, we may read some English tongue twisters loudly and quickly with one or two cakes of candy in our mouth (just as the Chinese cross-talk actors do.) to train our oral cavity muscle and tongues suitable for English pronunciation.
如果可能我们也可以大声且快速朗读英文绕口令(就象相声演员练嘴),还可以同时口中含块糖以加大强化训练的力度.这样来强我们的口腔肌肉迅速适应英文发音,使我们的口语相当流利,清晰,而且还有自信.例如:
☆A big black bug bit the back of a big black bear. The big
bit back the big black bug.
☆This Tha
This fish is a fish that has a thinner fin than that fish.
(9) Paying more attention to phrases and small words as one major shortcoming of Chinese English (especially Chinese oral English) is that Chinese students tend to use big words in their oral language, but the idiomatic oral English is abundant with short, active and vivid phrases. And most of such phrases are made of small words.
特别注意短语(词组)和小词的运用,中国式的英语尤其是口语一个很大的缺点就是中国学生喜欢用大词,而真正地道的英语口语确是充满着短小,活泼,生动的短语,富有生气.而这些短语大部分有小词构成.
(10) Thinking in English.英语思维的培养。
1. 大量根据图片来了解生词的含义,故事的情节.这是少儿英语中常用的方法,也试用于成人.
2. 习惯于使用英-英字典而不是英-汉字典会起相当重要的作用.
3. 加强听力训练,尤其是听用英语解释英语的课程讲解.
4. 如果没有机会拥有封闭的语言环境的话, 就最好尝试一下自我封闭语言环境的创
造与训练.如:强迫自己在一周内所有要表达的话,全部用英语表达.只要你能坚持一周,效果就相当明显,而无论你所表达的英语有多糟!.
(11) Oral English has its own features, but it is closely combined with other aspects of English, for example, writing may make oral English precise and accurate.
口语虽自有特色,但与英语的其它方面紧密相连
,经常练习写作,可使口语精密,准确.
编辑提醒:请注意查看“how to improve your english”一文是否有分页内容。原文地址更多相关文章注:how to improve your english一文由免费提供,来源于网络。本文著作权归原作者所有,请在转载引用时保留。否则因《》一文引起的法律纠纷请自负,。
最近更新热点文章}

我要回帖

更多关于 以诚实为题的英语作文 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信