city manager service区别和mayor的区别是什么

The city manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the city, including communication with the mayor overall administration of the city’s pol and review and approval the city council agenda and council update. The city manager prepares the annual operating budget and the capital improvements program (CIP). The city manager also serves as a liaison between the city and outside agencies.
Geralyn Barone
Geralyn Barone was appointed as Minnetonka’s city manager in 2012.
Before being appointed city manager, Barone served as assistant city manager and director of administrative services. In that role, Barone oversaw human resources and labor relations, information technology, communications, the city clerk’s office and risk management. She participated in city-wide budgeting and capital planning, was responsible for the city’s performance management program, and served as staff liaison to the park board.
Barone has a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Minnesota and a master’s degree in public affairs from the Humphrey School at the University of Minnesota. She has worked for the city of Minnetonka since 1994.The Long View - beta.smgov.net - City of Santa Monica
The Long View&is Santa Monica City Manager Rick Cole&s blog. It&s a place to share his thoughts on the future of Santa Monica. It explores the complexities of our times and promotes the wellbeing of this remarkable community.
August 30, 2017
This week, all eyes are on Houston, as they should be. Time to provide aid and prayers to all those in distress.&As we look ahead, however, there is a lesson we can&t ignore in this disaster.&
July 12, 2017
Last month marked the end of my first two years in the job. The anniversary calls to mind a Persian proverb a friend once shared with me about operating a family business: &the first hundred years are the hardest.&
July 06, 2017
The Audit Subcommittee includes three members of the City Council and two citizen volunteers with business and/or accounting backgrounds.& Two new members have recently been appointed to those slots.
May 30, 2017
This week, the Legislature considers a controversial bill aimed at making it far more difficult for counties and cities to work with private businesses to do work and deliver services.&
May 25, 2017
This is budget time for cities as California public agencies operate on a fiscal year that begins July 1.& In Santa Monica, we budget on a two-year cycle.
May 11, 2017
While it is not unusual to have youth recreation programs, Santa Monica&s &all in& commitment to youth services is unique.
April 04, 2017
There is a dynamic and positive new tone coming from the California Coastal Commission.
March 09, 2017
I recently wrote about the always controversial issue of public employee compensation.& In the first post, I welcomed scrutiny and sought to correct some glaring misstatements in the media regarding salaries and benefits in Santa Monica.
January 13, 2017
In a recent post, I acknowledged public concerns about the City of Santa Monica&s salaries and benefits, sparked by a misleading press release from a Nevada advocacy group that calls itself a &free market think tank.&
December 30, 2016
2016 was a productive year for Santa Monica. As we welcome 2017, let&s take a look back at 10 significant highlights for the year.
December 02, 2016
Media coverage of pay for Santa Monica City staff recently touched a nerve with many residents. Let me begin by saying: we never forget who we work for & you.& Let me add that the topic of public pay is a public issue and I welcome healthy scrutiny.
November 07, 2016
The sun comes up over Tongva Park. (Photo by Susan Schalbe)
I believe in science.& So I am reasonably sure that no matter what the outcome of the elections tomorrow, the sun will come up on Wednesday, November 9.
October 19, 2016
If this is the best time to be alive, I would contend that Santa Monica is the best place to be.&
Let me share why . . .
October 07, 2016
Mayor Tony Vazquez and I opted to get around on bikes for #CarFreeFriday.
Like the weather, everybody talks about traffic, but what is anyone doing about it?
September 15, 2016
We are drowning in data.& People took more than a billion photos last year, posting 250 million of them a day to Facebook.& We post 500 million Tweets per day.& This year Internet traffic will exceed one zettabyte.& That&s 1021bytes = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes.& It&s expected to double by 2019.
September 09, 2016
People are sentimental.& We all are.& We cherish our fond memories of unforgettable birthdays, graduations, weddings.& Of special songs, concerts, movies.& Of first dates and last goodbyes.
August 18, 2016
Warm weather, an expanding economy and the strength of Santa Monica&s brand have attracted record numbers of visitors to our Downtown this summer.&&If you think traffic has never been this bad, you are not alone.& Our traffic professionals say they've never seen this number of people and volume of traffic, especially on Twilight Concert Series nights.&We want both residents and visitors to enjoy their experience -- and particularly to encourage them not to drive, especially into the heart of Downtown. Ultimately the answer is not to make it easier to drive and park in Downtown & it is to make it easier to use all the other options we are promoting with our GoSaMo efforts.&
July 29, 2016
While having thousands of Santa Monicans reading a novel that speaks so powerfully to contemporary urban issues may not change the world, it certainly would affect our 8.3 square miles of it.&
July 05, 2016
(Brynn Anderson / Associated Press)
In these interesting times, it is easy to lose sight of how, from the beginning, our country was designed to contain built-in tensions. Our Constitution was itself a product of compromise, balancing la centralized power and autonomous in even slavery and freedom. Our stability has come from a delicately balanced system of checks and balances.
June 29, 2016
Exactly a year ago I became the twelfth City Manager to serve Santa Monica since local voters adopted the Council/Manager form of government back in 1947.
The City Manager&s role has evolved over time & and it will continue to do so in the future.& The City&s Charter designates the city manager as &the chief executive officer and the head of the administrative branch of the City government . . . responsible to the City Council for the proper administration of all affairs of the City.&& The powers and duties are to &appoint and remove& department heads and oversee the entire C prepare the annual budget and administer the City& advise the Council on &future needs of the City and make such recommendations a and &perform such other duties as may be prescribed by this Charter or required of the City Manager by the City Council.&Mayor | City of Waterville, Maine
Waterville has a Council-Manager form of government. In accordance with the City Charter, concerns or complaints regarding City personnel and/or departments should be directed to the , not the Mayor.
Nick Isgro is the City of Waterville’s Mayor. Nick was elected in November 2014 for a 3-year term. Mayor Isgro was inducted into office during a traditional inaugural ceremony on January 6, 2015.
The Mayor’s position is
part-time and he does not keep regular office hours.
To schedule a meeting with the Mayor regarding City business, please contact his assistant using the information provided on the
Please note: While every effort is made to attend and/or speak at scheduled functions, extenuating circumstances relevant to the City of Waterville must take precedence. There may be occasions when the Mayor needs to cancel and/or postpone meetings or events in order to attend to City matters. Please keep this in mind when planning for events.
Phone: E-mail: Office Hours: By Appointment Only
City of Waterville, Maine & One Common Street & Waterville, ME 04901
& Copyright 2017 City of Waterville, Maine. All rights reserved. | Website by}

我要回帖

更多关于 director manager区别 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信