在普渡大学就读 就读是怎样一番体验

当前位置:
【携尔留学】在普渡大学Purdue就读是怎样一番体验
编辑:share 来源: 互联网
发布时间:
文章摘要:
在Purdue University普渡大学就读是怎样一番体验,【携尔留学】给大家翻译整理了普渡大学的留学体验,以供参考。
1.【学术】Academics: I am in Speech Pathology. It is hard, but the amount of time you put into your classes is what you get out of it. Go to office hours, get involved with research, do what you can to get intro graduate school!
我选择的是语言病理学。这个专业很难,但是你在学习上的投入和收获总是会成正比的。抓住与教授的面谈时间,做好自己的研究工作,尽你最大的努力让自己申请研究生成功!
2.【学术】Academics: The workload can be overpowering at times, but the agriculture program is the best program to be in. You get to meet so many new and wonderful people that want to help you succeed. The curriculum is based on what major you are in. Whether it be animal sciences, farm management or another major the agriculture department always has your best interest at heart. There are great opportunities to study abroad, do community service and join a bunch of clubs. You are able to apply to do undergraduate research and work on experiments with professors. There is always a position open for someone who wants to work on campus whether it be a dining court or secretary, you are able to find a part time job that is flexible with school.
有时候学习压力让人喘不过气来,但是农学项目是所有专业项目里最好的。你会遇到很多优秀的人想要帮你获得成就。课程设置是基于你选修的专业的。不论是动物医学,农业管理,或者其他专业,农学院总是把你的利益放在首位。有很棒的机会可以出国深造,也可以做社区服务,或者参加一些俱乐部。你也可以申请去做本科研究和教授一起做实验。对那些想在校园工作的学生来说,总有一些职位在等着他们:不论是在餐厅或者做秘书类的工作,你总能找到一份和学业灵活互补的兼职工作的。
3.【学术】Academics: Like most schools, your workload will depend on what major you decide on. Anything to do with the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) majors is very challenging at Purdue.
和很多其他学院一样,你的学习压力取决于你选择的专业。在普渡大学,任何关于STEM(科学,技术科学,工程和数学)的专业都是很有挑战性的。
4.【专业】Majors: I haven't had an internship yet. However, the university does a fantastic job of placing people in them and making students aware of career and internship opportunities.
我还没有实习。但是,学习在安排学生实习以及让大家时刻了解实习机会和职业规划方面做的很棒。
5.【专业】Majors: There are plenty of majors to choose from. Purdue has a wide variety of programs. Admission depends on each program. It is harder to get into an engineering program than a liberal arts program.
有很多专业可以选择,普渡大学有各种类型的专业项目。录取与否取决于每个项目。相比于文科类专业来说,要进入工科类专业是很有难度的。
6.【专业】Majors: Purdue is obviously famous for its engineering program, and for good reason. The curriculum, professors and resources will pretty-much guarantee that you will have a job coming out of college. Not to mention companies LOVE Purdue students
普渡大学向来以工科项目闻名。课程设置,师资配备,和丰富的教学资源保证了你毕业后光明的就业前景!更不用说公司都超爱普渡的学生了!
7.【多样性】Diversity: Tons of diversity on campus. Plenty of organizations for you to join whether you are a member or merely interested. I have heard tons of stories of students who weren't a &member& of a cultural center attending their events. Purdue is actually building a new student activities center where most of these organizations will be housed.
学校极具多样性。你有很多可以参加的学生组织,不论你是组织成员或者仅仅是感兴趣都可以。我听到过很多这样的事情:不是文化中心的成员的学生参加了他们各种的活动。普渡大学正在建造一个新的学生活动中心,到时候很多学生组织会在那里&落户&。
8.【多样性】Diversity: Purdue has students from all over the world that come from many different cultures and life experiences. Through our student orientation program, also known as BGR, we learned about a program known as FreeZone. FreeZone allows you to be yourself without feeling like you are being judged for who you are. I think FreeZone has broken down walls on our campus and makes the atmosphere feel much more accepting.
普渡大学的学生来自世界各地,都有各自的文化背景和生活体验。通过我们的称之为&BRG&的学生组织平台,我们知道一个叫做&自由区域&的学生项目,它允许你自在地做你自己而不用担心受到非议和排挤。我想&自由区域&这个项目打破了学校里的&校园壁垒&,使得校园氛围更加包容开阔。
9.【健康安全】Health & Safety: The PUPD takes their job very seriously. I truthfully do feel very safe on campus, especially because I live in the dorms and very close to the PUPD headquarters. There are blue lights established all around the campus, and you can press one in the case of an emergency. PUPD also makes a lot of different presentations for classes and other organizations about the various services they offer. They even have a service where students can be picked up and taken back home if it is late at night and they are alone. Overall, I think my school has great safety services.
普渡大学PUPD办事很认真的。我在校园感觉非常安全,尤其是我住校并且距离PUPD总部很近。全校有很多蓝灯处,有紧急情况你就可以按它们。PUPD也为学生和其他组织做了很多关于他们提供的所有服务的演讲。甚至有一项是:如果学生很晚了还独自一人,警察会去接学生并把他们带回家去。总之,我认为我们的学校有一流的安保服务措施。
10.【校园管理】Administration: Purdue is very strict about where you park on campus or off. They will tow your car if you are in violation or give you an expensive ticket. You are not allowed to have alcohol in the dorms even if you are 21. It can make students late for class if they are not allowed to park somewhere and can not ride a bus. It may damper someone's social life if they can not drink.
普渡大学对校园泊车管理很严格,如果你违规了他们会拖走你的车,或者给你开一个大罚单。即使你已经21岁了,也不被允许在宿舍里饮酒。如果有的学生不被允许在某些地方泊车,也不能乘巴士的话,他们会上课迟到;不允许学生饮酒的话,也会影响一些学生的社交生活。
11. 【健康安全】Health & Safety: Purdue's campus is almost always lit at night and there are varies locations that are available for a phone & emergency situations around campus. I feel safe on Purdue's campus, because I know the campus very well. Get to know the campus by a map or walking around with friends/family. Know which buildings are where and where to go in need of an emergency.
夜里的普渡校园几乎灯火通明,校园里有很多地方可以用于打电话和紧急情况!我在普渡校园感觉很安全,因为我非常了解学校。通过校园地图或者和朋友/家人环绕学校走一走去了解学校吧。掌握哪一个建筑在什么方位,在紧急情况下不至于麻爪!
12.【校园食堂】Campus Food: If you want to try something that's not a dining court, go to Puccini's or Hot Box. Puccini's has really awesome pizza and pasta with a lot of variety. Hot Box has really good pizza and breadsticks.
如果你想尝试一些不是餐厅里的东西的话,就去&普契尼之家&或者&热箱子&吧。前者有很棒的披萨和各种各样的面食。后者也有很棒的披萨和面包棒。
13.【体育】Athletics: Purdue provides students with an excellent sports facility, the Co-Rec. It is free membership with student tuition and allows every student to stay active during their time at school. Having participated in intramurals at Purdue, I can say that they were enjoyable but also challenging. School spirit is overall positive.
普渡大学为学生提供了很棒的体育设施&&the Co-Rec。它对学生是免费开放的,允许学生自由进出。我在普渡参与过校内提议活动,我得说这些人都是很快乐的,并且极具挑战性。校风积极向上。
14.【体育】Athletics: Our teams suck, but we have fun.
我们的队伍不咋地,但是我们乐在其中!
15.【男生女生】Guys & Girls: Purdue University is a very diverse school with many international students living on and off campus. You see women completely covered up and you see some wearing nothing at all. Guys all dress different, some dress in suits others in just jeans and a t-shirt. Typically Asian girls hold hands while walking, where as American girls do not do that. International students usually talk in their native language to each other.
普渡大学是一所极具多元化的高校,有很多国际生在校内外居住生活。你会看到有的女生穿的很多把自己裹得严严实实,你也会看到有的女生穿的极少,就像脱体秀一样。男生们的衣着打扮就风格各异了,有人穿正装,有人穿牛仔和T恤。亚裔女生们走路的时候喜欢牵着手,而美国姑娘们则很少那么做。国际生常以本国语言相互交流。
16.【毒品安全】Drug Safety: There is partying, as there would be at any other school. Nothing negative about it and there are sober workers at any party that is attended to ensure safety is followed through.
像其他任何学校一样,这里也总是有晚会。但没什么负面的东西,并且任何晚会都有清醒冷静的工作人员,以便确保自始至终挽回的安全进行。
17.【毒品安全】Drug Safety: In any of the residence halls its almost unheard of to see drugs. During the first few weeks yeah the people being stupid about it will get caught and thrown out but after that it calms down. Fraternities provide alcohol to just about anyone though. Be smart about it and you'll be ok.
这里任何一个宿舍楼,你都很难听到关于吸毒的消息。刚开始的几周里,人们或许会犯傻沾染毒品,被抓住赶出学校;从那以后一切都慢慢平静了。学校联谊会基本上对所有学生提供酒。如果你聪明一点的话,就没什么事儿。
18.【校园住宿】Campus Housing: With all the renovations, every thing is good. Just avoid Meredith at all costs. If you want an insane social life, head to Tarkington, Owen or Wiley. McCutcheon and Harrison are alright, Earhart is good. Third Street is 5 star hotel quality housing, but it fills up real fast. First Street is overrated.
整修以后,一切都很好。一定别去Meredith!如果你想要一种疯狂的社交生活,去Tarkington, Owen 或者 Wiley。McCutcheon 和 Harrison 也不错,Earhart 也很好。第三大街是五星级的宾馆,但很快就会住满。第一大街被高估了。
19.【当地生活】Local Area: I enjoy the college campus feel, and the safety of this school because it is predominately college students.
我很喜欢大学校园的氛围和学校的安全感,因为基本上都是大学生。
20.【当地生活】Local Area: People are very nice and welcoming. There are quite a few things to do off campus but most activities are centered around campus or near campus.
人们都很友好。校园外也确实有些事可做,但是大部分的活动还是在校园周围。
由【携尔留学】翻译整理
更多申请问题,》》》【】【免费咨询电话:010-】
更多申请问题,》》》【】【免费咨询电话:010-】
看了此文章的用户还看了
托福5人集训营(基础段)
托福5人集训营(强化段)
托福15人精英班
美联乐闻雅思精英班
全国咨询热线
|||||||||||
美联乐闻地址:北京市海淀区苏州街18号长远天地大厦A1座1606(地铁10号线苏州街站C出口即是)
全国免费咨询电话:010-
@2013乐闻携尔  
本站版权归 深圳美联国际教育科技有限公司 所有
美联乐闻留学是一家专业和的机构
关注美联乐闻官方微博或扫描二维码,关注美联乐闻留学微信即可获得最新留学资讯和优惠信息更有价值600元的留学评估和留学书籍免费送}

我要回帖

更多关于 中山大学就读体验 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信