wordsthe power of wordsstate是什么书的翻译啊

你知道哪些绝佳的中英、英中互译的句子,会让人顿时产生一种语言是如此之美、翻译得如此恰到好处的感觉?
在知乎上见过几句翻译 例如:相聚有时,后会无期:sometimes ever,sometimes never.一见杨过误终身:Young Fault lasts for life.In me the tiger sniffs the rose.余光中先生译:心有猛虎,细嗅蔷薇。Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.郑振铎译为“使生如夏花之绚烂,死如秋叶之静美”。以上等等,觉得太棒了!!!PS:那些什么过度翻译的古风体就算了吧....
按投票排序
912 个回答
以前北大资源楼有个书店,叫“风入松”,英文:forest song(意译:森林 歌唱),这是我见过最牛逼的。
金岳霖当年翻译《毛泽东选集》,译到“吃一堑,长一智”时,一时下不了手。钱钟书遂支招,译作A fall into the pit,a gain in your wit.译文和中文一样对仗,而且押韵。钱老有个学生叫许渊冲日,现年93岁的北京大学教授、中国当代著名翻译家许渊冲,在柏林举行的第20届世界翻译大会会员代表大会上,荣获国际翻译界最高奖项之一——国际翻译家联盟2014“北极光”杰出文学翻译奖,成为该奖项自1999年设立以来首位获此殊荣的亚洲翻译家。许老自称“书销中外六十本,诗译英法惟一人。”他评点自己的翻译水平说到“不是院士胜院士,遗欧赠美千首诗。”很狂吧,还有更狂的,他评价自己法国留学的意义:“假如我也去了美国,那二十世纪就不一定有人能将中国古典诗词译成英法韵文了。”言下之意整个中国就他一个能干这活。99年被提名为诺贝尔文学奖的候选人。诺贝尔文学奖评委会的评委、女诗人Vallquist特地给他写了信,称他的翻译是“伟大的中国传统文学的样本”。然而许老答曰“诺奖一年一个,唐诗宋词流传千年。”许老自称“书销中外六十本,诗译英法惟一人。”他评点自己的翻译水平说到“不是院士胜院士,遗欧赠美千首诗。”很狂吧,还有更狂的,他评价自己法国留学的意义:“假如我也去了美国,那二十世纪就不一定有人能将中国古典诗词译成英法韵文了。”言下之意整个中国就他一个能干这活。99年被提名为诺贝尔文学奖的候选人。诺贝尔文学奖评委会的评委、女诗人Vallquist特地给他写了信,称他的翻译是“伟大的中国传统文学的样本”。然而许老答曰“诺奖一年一个,唐诗宋词流传千年。”这个现代狂叟到底有几分水平?先来一首许老的译作By riverside a pair Of turtledoves are cooing; There’s a good maiden fair Whom a young man is wooing.看不出来哪首吧提示(我承认是从百度抄的)cooingv. (鸽) 咕咕地叫,发出鸽叫般的声音( coo的现在分词 )woovt. 求爱,求婚; 争取…的支持;vi. 求爱这首就是“关关雎鸠,在河之洲。窈窕淑女,君子好逑。”,当年我看到这个的时候由衷的发出了“卧槽”的赞美声。英文直译回来就是“一对斑鸠在河边咕咕叫,美好的姑娘正在被年轻小伙子求爱”,符合主旨,而且读着十分舒服,每行六个音节(我英语在听力上是短板,错了别拍我),一三行和二四行均押韵。当然,cooing和wooing简直妙不可言,意境,形式,音韵三者堪称完美。许老年轻的时候就很屌,我看到有知友提到林肯的of the people,by the people,for thepeople,其实这话许老用过。珍珠港后陈纳德率美国志愿空军援华,西南联大外文系的所有男生被集体征调为飞虎队的翻译,许老就在其中。然而,欢迎陈纳德时,“三民主义”如何翻译给米国盟友难倒了大家,招待会的主持人,国民党高级官员黄仁霖亲自上阵译为:nationality,people 's sovereignty,people's livelihood 陈纳德:what the hell?许老站了出来,大嗓门喊到of the people,by the people,for the people.(民有,民治,民享)美国大兵:so easy!萝莉控:excited!再说许老的作品李清照《声声慢》开头的七对叠词“寻寻觅觅,冷冷清清,凄凄惨惨戚戚。”而且“寻寻,清清,凄凄”属平声,“觅觅,冷冷,惨惨,戚戚”是仄声,平仄交替,除了音韵的美感还有感情的郁结,翻译难度极大。美国翻译家Kenneth Rexroth译为Search. Search. Seek. Seek.Cold. Cold. Clear. Clear.
Sorrow. Sorrow. Pain. Pain.然而英语单词叠加使用并没有起到中文的效果林语堂译为So dim,so dark,So dense,so dull,So damp,so dank,So dead!七个形容词都以d开头,具有极佳的形式美,绝对可称为翻译中的上品了。许渊冲译为I look for what I miss,I know not what it is,I feel so sad,so drear,So lonely,without cheer.押韵完美,意思上有所发挥,不过还是忠实于原文,我更喜欢这个翻译,不仅仅因为我是脑残粉。译文比原文多了一个主人公,I,刻画出了一个愁苦忧郁的人,抑扬间有种独特的悲伤。《大风歌》大风起兮云飞扬。威加海内兮归故乡。安得猛士兮守四方!许渊冲译为 A big wind rises, clouds are driven away. Home am Inow the world is under my sway. Where are brave men to guard the four frontiers today! 《大风歌》三句都押尾韵“ang”,而许译三句,均押尾韵“/ei/”,读起来有种爆裂的感觉,倍儿爽。静夜思床前明月光
Abed,I see a silver light,疑是地上霜
I wonder if it's frost a ground.举头望明月
Looking up,I低头思故乡
Bowing,in home sickness I'm drowned.许老译文的二、四两行韵脚相押,而且发音近似“霜”和“乡”,如果不近似,那就是我英语口音的问题了。。。。。。除了诗词,许老翻译水准之高,做人性情之爽,世所罕见。50年代许渊冲在北京教英文和法文,他公开说斯大林肃反杀害好人太多,这就算了;还说“共产主义”翻译错了,原文没有“产”字,吃果果歧视日本人的翻译水平;《共产党宣言》也被他挑刺,“幽灵”不如改为“魔影”,“徘徊”应该改成“经常出现”——因为欧洲各国不会害怕徘徊不前的幽灵。果然后来被批斗了,然后他就一边被批斗一边翻译毛泽东文集山上山下,风卷红旗如画。BelowBelowThe wind unrollsRed flags like scorlls.天高云淡,望断南飞雁。The sky is high The clouds are lightThe wild geese flying south out of sight.中华人民多奇志,不爱红装爱武装Chinese people prefer to face the powder rather than powder the face.powder the face 为 涂脂抹粉 ,face the powde 面对硝烟,简直绝妙而且许老是在被红卫兵殴打中完成这些翻译的,红卫兵痛恨他的“学霸作风”,这霉倒的。再分享几个许老的译作,实在收不住哇!近水楼台先得月,向阳花木易为春。——俞文豹《清夜录》The poolside bower’s the best placetoenjoymoonbeams,The flowers basking in sunshine maydreamspringdreams.千山鸟飞绝
from hill to hill no bird in flight万径人踪灭
from path to path no man in sight ——柳宗元《江雪》清明时节雨纷纷,
A drizzling rain falls like tears on the Mourning Day,路上行人欲断魂。
The mourners’heart is going to break on his way.借问酒家何处有,
Where can a wineshop be found to drown his sad hours?牧童遥指杏花村。
A cowherd points to a cot amid apri-cotflowers.——杜牧《清明》葡萄美酒夜光杯
With wine of grapes the cups of jade would glow at night,欲饮琵琶马上催
Drinking to pipa songs, we are summoned to fight.醉卧沙场君莫笑
Don’t laugh if we lay drunken on the battleground!古来征战几人回
How many warriors ever came back safe and sound? ——王翰《凉州词》道可道,非常道Truth can be known,but it may not be the well-known truth
颤抖吧喜欢的话可以收藏到Evernote:诗作很长,我在末尾还附上了我昨天下午翻译的《木兰诗》,很多地方是受许老的启发,翻地仓促,十分粗糙,敬请诸君斧正。《孔雀东南飞》译 许渊冲孔雀东南飞,五里一徘徊。A pair of peAt each mile they look back and cry.“十三能织素,十四学裁衣。十五弹箜篌,十六诵诗书。十七为君妇,心中常苦悲。“I could weave,” said Lan-zhi, “at thirteenAnd learned to cutAt fifteenAt sixteen to read and to write.At seventeen to you I was wed.What an austere life I have led!君既为府吏,守节情不移。贱妾留空房,相见常日稀。鸡鸣入机织,夜夜不得息。三日断五匹,大人故嫌迟。You’re I toil as housewife night and day.At daybreak IAt night the loom I dare not leave.I’ve finished five rolls in three days,Yet I am blamed for my delays.非为织作迟,君家妇难为!妾不堪驱使,徒留无所施。便可白公姥,及时相遣归。"Not that my work is done too slow,But hard your housewife’s role does grow.If Mother thinks I am no good,What use to stay, although I would?Will you come and to Mother say,Send me back home without delay?”府吏得闻之,堂上启阿母:“儿已薄禄相,幸复得此妇。结发同枕席,黄泉共为友。共事二三年,始尔未为久。女行无偏斜,何意致不厚。”Jiao Zhong-qing came home at her callAnd said to his mother in the hall,“I’m destinBy fortune I have this good wife.We’ve shared the pillow, mat and bed,And we’ll be man and wife till dead.We’ve lived together but three years,Which not too long to me appears.She has done nothing wrong, I find.Why should you be to her unkind?”阿母谓府吏:“何乃太区区!此妇无礼节,举动自专由。吾意久怀忿,汝岂得自由!东家有贤女,自名秦罗敷。可怜体无比,阿母为汝求。便可速遣之,遣去慎莫留!”His mother said then in reply,“You are indeed shortsighted. Why,This wife of yoShe always does whate’er she will.I’ve been offended by her for long.How dare you say she’s done no wrong?In the east there’s a match for you,A maiden whose name’s Qin Luo-fu,A peerless beauty of this land.I’ll go for you to ask her hand.Now send your slut out of our door!She should not stay here anymore.”府吏长跪告:“伏惟启阿母。今若遣此妇,终老不复取!”Zhong-qing knelt down with trunk erectAnd said to her with due respect,“If you should send away my wife,I won’t remarry all my life.”阿母得闻之,槌床便大怒:“小子无所畏,何敢助妇语!吾已失恩义,会不相从许!”The mother wHer strumming on the stool was heard.“Has filial reverence come to nil?Defend your wife against my will!You are such an ungrateful son!Of your request I will grant none.”府吏默无声,再拜还入户。举言谓新妇,哽咽不能语:“我自不驱卿,逼迫有阿母。卿但暂还家,吾今且报府。不久当归还,还必相迎取。以此下心意,慎勿违吾语。”Zhong-qing dared not speak anymore,But bowed and entered his own door.He tells his wife when she appears,His voice choked so with bitter tears,“Not that I would send you away,But Mother won’t allow you to stay.Return to your brother’s house, soThat to my office I may go.When I have finished my work, thenI’ll come and fetch you home again.Do not be grieved to say adieu,But keep in mind what I’’ve told you!新妇谓府吏:“勿复重纷纭。往昔初阳岁,谢家来贵门。奉事循公姥,进止敢自专?昼夜勤作息,伶俜萦苦辛。谓言无罪过,供养卒大恩;仍更被驱遣,何言复来还!“Nay, make no care to come for me!”To her husband addresses she.“One early spring day, I recall,I left home for your entrance hall.I’ve done what Mother ordered me.Dare I be careless and carefree?I do hard Alone I toil with all my might.I think I have done nothing wrong,Still with Mother I can’t get along.To what avail to talk aboutReturning now I’m driven out!妾有绣腰襦,葳蕤自生光;红罗复斗帐,四角垂香囊;箱帘六七十,绿碧青丝绳,物物各自异,种种在其中。人贱物亦鄙,不足迎后人,留待作遗施,于今无会因。时时为安慰,久久莫相忘!”“I’ll leave my jacket of brocade,Whose lacings bright of gold are made,And my canopy of gauze red,Whose four corners with perfume spread,And sixty trunks and coffers tiedWith silken threads all in green dyed,Where different Not two of them are of a kind.They are as cheap as I, it’s true,Not good enough for your spouse new.So as gifts you may share them out,As we can’t meet again, no doubt.Keep them in memory of me!Forgetful we can never be.”鸡鸣外欲曙,新妇起严妆。著我绣夹裙,事事四五通。足下蹑丝履,头上玳瑁光。腰若流纨素,耳著明月珰。指如削葱根,口如含朱丹。纤纤作细步,精妙世无双。At dawn she roses at the cockcrowAnd made up with care, ready to go.She put on an embroidered gownAnd checked it over, up and down.She put on shoes made of brocade,Of tortoise shell her hairpin’s made.Her waist was girt with girdle white,Her earrings shone like moonlight bright.She had tapering finger tips,Like rubies were her rouged lips.She moved at slow and easy pace,Unrivaled in the human race.上堂拜阿母,阿母怒不止。“昔作女儿时,生小出野里。本自无教训,兼愧贵家子。受母钱帛多,不堪母驱使。今日还家去,念母劳家里。”She came to his mother in the hall,Who said no tender words at all.“While young, before I was a spouse,I lived but in a country house.Not well instructed or wide read,For noble heir I was ill-bred.Though kindly you have treated me,Yet I’m not dutiful,” said she,“So I must go back in despair,Leaving to you all household care.”却与小姑别,泪落连珠子。“新妇初来时,小姑始扶床;今日被驱遣,小姑如我长。勤心养公姥,好自相扶将。初七及下九,嬉戏莫相忘。”出门登车去,涕落百余行。She said to his sister good-Bitter tears trickled from her eye.“When your brother and I were wed,You came around our nuptial bed.You are as tall as I today,When I am to be driven away.Take good care of your mother old,And take good care of your household!When maidens hold their festive day,Do not forget me while you play.”She went outTears streamed down, heavy was her heart.府吏马在前,新妇车在后。隐隐何甸甸,俱会大道口。下马入车中,低头共耳语:“誓不相隔卿,且暂还家去。吾今且赴府,不久当还归。誓天不相负!”Jiao Zhong-qing rides before, his mindTurning to his wife’s cart behind.The cart’s rumble’s heard to repeat,The husband stops where four roads meet.He gets down from his horse, comes nearHis wife and whispers in her ear,“I swear not to leave you long, my spouse.Return now to your brother’s house.When I have finished my work, thenI’ll come and fetch you home again.I swear to heaven high above.”新妇谓府吏:“感君区区怀!君既若见录,不久望君来。君当作磐石,妾当作蒲苇。蒲苇纫如丝,磐石无转移。我有亲父兄,性行暴如雷,恐不任我意,逆以煎我怀。”举手长劳劳,二情同依依。Lan-zhi says to her husband dear,“I’m touched by your love sincere.If I’m engraved deep in your mind,Come then in time and not behind!If as the rock your love is strong,Then mine as creeping vine is long.The vine’s resiNo one could lift a rock o’erhead.But my brother’s temper is hot,Look on me kindly he will not.I am afraid he’ll never careWhat I like, and it’s hard to bear.”They wave their hands with broken heart,From each other they will not part.入门上家堂,进退无颜仪。阿母大拊掌,不图子自归:“十三教汝织,十四能裁衣,十五弹箜篌,十六知礼仪,十七遣汝嫁,谓言无誓违。汝今何罪过,不迎而自归?”兰芝惭阿母:“儿实无罪过。”阿母大悲摧。Lan-zhi came to her mother’s place,Feeling embarrassed in disgrace.Her mother clapped loud in surprise:“How can you come back in this guise!You were taught To cut theAt fifteenAt sixteen to perform the rite.At seventBy your husband you should abide.Had you done nothing wrong at all,Why come back alone to my hall?”Lan-zhi told her mother the truth,Who was moved to tears, full of ruth.还家十余日,县令遣媒来。云有第三郎,窈窕世无双。年始十八九,便言多令才。She had been back many a day,A go-between then came to say,“Our magistrate has a third son,Whose good looks are second to none.Though at eighteen or nineteen years,For eloquence he has no peers.”阿母谓阿女:“汝可去应之。”Her mother said to her, “consentTo this proposal benevolent!”阿女含泪答:“兰芝初还时,府吏见丁宁,结誓不别离。今日违情义,恐此事非奇。自可断来信,徐徐更谓之。”But she only answered in tears,“Can I forget my married years?My husband vowed when we parted then,Never should we sever again.If I should break my word today,I would regret for e’er and aye.Will you please tell the go-betweenGently and clearly what I mean?”阿母白媒人:“贫贱有此女,始适还家门。不堪吏人妇,岂合令郎君?幸可广问讯,不得便相许。”Her mother told the messenger,“This humble daughter of mine, sir,Sent back by an official of late,Can’t match son of magistrate.Why not inquire another houseWhere may be found a better spouse?”媒人去数日,寻遣丞请还,说有兰家女,承籍有宦官。云有第五郎,娇逸未有婚。遣丞为媒人,主簿通语言。直说太守家,有此令郎君,既欲结大义,故遣来贵门。No sooner had gone this messengerThan came one from the governor.“You have a daughter fair,” said he,“Of an official’s family.Our governor has a fifth son,Unmarried, he’s a handsome one.My lord’s secretary asked meHis lordship’s go-between to be.I was told to say openlyI come for my lord’s family.His son will have your daughter for spouse.That’s why I’m sent to your noble house.”阿母谢媒人:“女子先有誓,老姥岂敢言!”阿兄得闻之,怅然心中烦。举言谓阿妹:“作计何不量!先嫁得府吏,后嫁得郎君。否泰如天地,足以荣汝身。不嫁义郎体,其往欲何云?”Mother LIu thanked the messenger,But said she could not order herWho’d made a vow, to break her word.By Lan-zhi’s brAs it troubled his worldly mind,He spoke to Lan-zhi words unkind.“Why don’t you, sister, think it o’er?You left then an official’Now you mGood luck comes when bad luck is done.If you refuse this honour great,I know not what will be your fate.”兰芝仰头答:“理实如兄言。谢家事夫婿,中道还兄门。处分适兄意,那得自任专!与府吏要,渠会永无缘。登即相许和,便可作婚姻。”Lan-zhi replied, raising her head,“Brother, it’s right what you have said.I left you once to be a spouseSent back, again I’m in your house.So I’m at your disposal now.Can I do what you don’t allow?Though I vowed to my husband dear,We cannot meet again, I fear.So you may marry me at will,My obligation I’ll fulfill.”媒人下床去。诺诺复尔尔。还部白府君:“下官奉使命,言谈大有缘。”府君得闻之,心中大欢喜。视历复开书,便利此月内,六合正相应。良吉三十日,今已二十七,卿可去成婚。交语速装束,络绎如浮云。青雀白鹄舫,四角龙子幡。婀娜随风转,金车玉作轮。踯躅青骢马,流苏金镂鞍。赍钱三百万,皆用青丝穿。杂彩三百匹,交广市鲑珍。从人四五百,郁郁登郡门。The go-between learned what they said,To his lord’s house he went ahead.He said his The lord rejoiced for his fifth son.He found in the almanac soonThe auspicious date of that moon.He said to his subordinate,“The thirtieth day is the best date.That is only three days ahead.Arrange the marriage in my stead.”The lord’s People bustled like floating cloud.They painted with bird designs the boatAnd with dragons the flag afloat.A golden cab with wheels trimmed with jadeAnd golden saddles for steeds were made.Three thousand strings of coins were sentAnd silks to the bride with compliment.Delicacies from land and seaWere bought by two corteges or three.阿母谓阿女:“适得府君书,明日来迎汝。何不作衣裳?莫令事不举!”Mother Liu told her daughter, “WordComes from the governor have you heard?Tomorrow is your wedding day.Put yourself in bridal array.Make your own dress ere it’s too late!”阿女默无声,手巾掩口啼,泪落便如泻。移我琉璃榻,出置前窗下。左手持刀尺,右手执绫罗。朝成绣夹裙,晚成单罗衫。晻晻日欲暝,愁思出门啼。Lan-zhi sat in a pensive state.She sobbed ’neath her handkerchief,And streaming tears revealed her grief.She dragged a marble-seated chairTowards the windows in despair,In her left hand the scissors brightAnd silk and satin in her right.At noon a jacket new was madeAnd at dusk a robe in brocade.Behind dark clouds the sun down crept,Grief-stricken, she went out and wept.府吏闻此变,因求假暂归。未至二三里,摧藏马悲哀。新妇识马声,蹑履相逢迎。怅然遥相望,知是故人来。举手拍马鞍,嗟叹使心伤:“自君别我后,人事不可量。果不如先愿,又非君所详。我有亲父母,逼迫兼弟兄。以我应他人,君还何所望!”Zhong-qing, at this news of his spouse,Asks leave and starts out for her house.After a short ride on his way,His horse makes an anguished neigh.This neigh is She comes out before he appears.She gazes afar, at a lossWhat to say when he comes across.She pats the horse when it comes nigh,And then says with a woeful sigh,“Alas! Since you parted with me,What’s happened we could not foresee,Our hope cannot be realized.On hearing this, you’ll be surprised.I was compelled by my own motherTogether with my tyrant brotherTo wed another man at last.What can we do? The die is cast.”府吏谓新妇:“贺卿得高迁!磐石方且厚,可以卒千年;蒲苇一时纫,便作旦夕间。卿当日胜贵,吾独向黄泉!”新妇谓府吏:“何意出此言!同是被逼迫,君尔妾亦然。黄泉下相见,勿违今日言!”执手分道去,各各还家门。生人作死别,恨恨那可论?念与世间辞,千万不复全!Jiao Zhong-qing tells his former wife,“I wish you a happier life!The lofty roIt will stand for thousands of years.Howe’er resistant the vine may be,’Twill lose its toughness easily.May you live happier day by day!Alone to death I’ll go my way.”“Why say such cruel things to me?”To her former husband says she,“We are compelled, both you and IHow could I live if you should die?E’en dead, let us together stay!Forget not what we’ve said today!”They stand long hand in hand beforeThey go each to his or her door.No lovers know a sharper painThan to part till death joins them again.They’re willing to breatA severed life is worse than death.府吏还家去,上堂拜阿母:“今日大风寒,寒风摧树木,严霜结庭兰。儿今日冥冥,令母在后单。故作不良计,勿复怨鬼神!命如南山石,四体康且直!”Jiao Zhong-qing wenHe went straight to his mother’s room.“Today the cold wBitten by frost, the orchids freeze.I fear my life will end like the tree,Leaving you alone after me.That’s what such forebodings proclaim.Don’t lay on gods or ghosts the blame!May you like hillside rock live longWith your four limbs both straight and strong!”阿母得闻之,零泪应声落:“汝是大家子,仕宦于台阁。慎勿为妇死,贵贱情何薄!东家有贤女,窈窕艳城郭,阿母为汝求,便复在旦夕。”On hearing this, his mother shedCopious tears before she said,“As son of noble family,A high official you should be.How could you die for such a wife?Don’t play down on your noble life!There’s a maiden in east neighborhood,Beside her no one else is good.I have wooed hSoon the reply will come to our house.”府吏再拜还,长叹空房中,作计乃尔立。转头向户里,渐见愁煎迫。Zhong-qing retired to his empty room,Determined not to be a bridegroom.He sighed and glanced towards the hall,Seeing his tragic curtain fall.其日牛马嘶,新妇入青庐。奄奄黄昏后,寂寂人定初。我命绝今日,魂去尸长留!揽裙脱丝履,举身赴清池。In the blue tent on her wedding dayLan-zhi heard cows low and steeds neigh.At dusk the ghThe guests gone, lonely she remained.“My life,” she thought, “will end today.My soul will go, but my body stay.”She doffed her silken shoes to drownHerself in uprolled wedding gown.府吏闻此事,心知长别离。徘徊庭树下,自挂东南枝。This news came to her Zhong-qing’He would not be severed from his dear.To and fro in the yard paced he,Then hanged himself beneath a tree.两家求合葬,合葬华山傍。东西植松柏,左右种梧桐。枝枝相覆盖,叶叶相交通。中有双飞鸟,自名为鸳鸯。仰头相向鸣,夜夜达五更。行人驻足听,寡妇起彷徨。多谢后世人,戒之慎勿忘。Their families, after they died,Buried them by the mountainside.Pine trees were planted left and right,And planes and cypresses on the site.Their foliagTheir branches intertwined are found.A pair oThey are well known as birds of love.Heads up, they sing song after song,From night to night, and all night long.A passer-by woA lonely widow would wake dumbfound.Men of posterity, I pray,Do not forget that bygone day!木兰诗译者 Charles Luke唧唧复唧唧 Squeak was heard with the loom spinning木兰当户织 Inside her boudoir Mulan was weaving不闻机杼声No sound was audible out of the loom 惟闻女叹息There wafted Mulan's sigh, full of gloom问女何所思 "What on earth." Asked her father "blights upon you? 问女何所忆 "Or over anything my daughter is in a stew?"女亦无所思 "There's nothing bothering your daughter." answered she女亦无所忆"And not a thing that could blight upon me.昨夜见军帖 Only I saw the conscription order last night可汗大点兵 Monarch is raising troop with all his might军书十二卷 Among those twelve volumes of order and command卷卷有爷名 On each and every roll my father is in demand阿爷无大儿 You've no son responding to the Monarch's call木兰无长兄 I've no elderly brother rising to the war愿为市鞍马 Along to the mart I shall buy a steed.从此替爷征 To replace my father in the warfare deed"东市买骏马 Mulan bought the horse at the east mart西市买鞍鞯 And the saddle was bought at west mart南市买辔头At south mart to buy a bridle strong北市买长鞭 At north mart she bought a horsewhip long旦辞爷娘去 At dawn she bade her parents goodbye暮宿黄河边 She rested at dusk by the yellow riverside不闻爷娘唤女声 Parent's call for daughter soon came to fade但闻黄河流水鸣溅溅She could merely hear the yellow river flow away旦辞黄河去At dawn she bade the yellow river goodbye暮至黑山头At the Black Hill before twilight she arrived不闻爷娘唤女声Parent's call for daughter soon came to fade但闻燕山胡骑鸣啾啾。She could merely hear from hill the horse neigh万里赴戎机 For ten thousand miles she traveled to the battlefield 关山度若飞 Across the mountains she strode like a bird wild.朔气传金柝 The gold clapper was heard in the air cold寒光照铁衣The moonlight beamed o'er the iron coat将军百战死 In the battle the veteran commander was deceased壮士十年归 Warriors returned when the warfare was ceased归来见天子 She came back to meet the monarch high天子坐明堂 Who sat in the palace hall, shining and bright策勋十二转 He rewarded Mulan for all her deserts赏赐百千强 With priceless treasures that she deserves可汗问所欲 The monarch asked what Mulan liked木兰不用尚书郎 Officialdom was the last thing she desired愿驰千里足A speedy horse she'd rather ride送儿还故乡 To her hometown Mulan was going back爷娘闻女来 On hearing the return of their daughter出郭相扶将Out of the town her parents slowly wandered阿姊闻妹来 On hearing the return of her younger sister当户理红妆 She sat down right before the red dresser小弟闻姊来 On hearing the return of his elderly sister磨刀霍霍向猪羊To the livestock her brother whetted the dagger开我东阁门 Mulan opened her east door坐我西阁床 Sat on the bed in west hall脱我战时袍 Disrobed her armor dressed at war (或Disrobed her armor dressed at warfare)著我旧时裳 Clothed herself with old times apparel (或Clothed herself with old times apparel fair)当窗理云鬓 Cloudlike hair was combed beside the windowpane对镜帖花黄 Before the mirror on her face was cosmetic cream出门看火伴She came outdoors to meet her comrade-in-arms火伴皆惊忙 Who were immediately by her appearance alarmed同行十二年 For twelve years in the army they were fraternity.不知木兰是女郎None of ‘em e'er knew Mulan should be a young lady!雄兔脚扑朔 Male hare can be discerned by his foot thumping 雌兔眼迷离 While female one by her eyes bewildering双兔傍地走 But when two hares walk side by side安能辨我是雌雄 His or her gender is but disguised.
有一个叫做《往事》的系列纪录片,英文翻译是“was”,感觉很美。
钱钟书在《管锥编》中旁征博引多种语言的经典,并翻译成文言。如果只看中文, 只觉得浑然天成,毫无翻译的痕迹。也有时把中文翻译成英文作为注解。下面摘录几段。Every little helps,”as the old lady said,when she pissed in the sea。老妪小遗于大海中,自语曰:”不无小补。“(这可能是最幽默的一段了)Emptiness or void as the negative representation of the numinous.以空无一物之虚堂,净无点墨只白纸,象示所谓至大极本之真质。(竟有几分庄子的味道)But then there's one or two faces'ere that 'ud stop a clock.然此间有一二妇人,其面貌足止钟不前。(我们又多了一个形容貌丑的词汇:止钟不前)anonymous 和 polynonymouse故大道真宰无名而复多名。(这是“道可道,非常道,名可名,非常名”的典故)action barely restrained.聚力作势,一触即发。Darkness came down on the field and the city;and Amelia was praying for George,who was lying on his face,dead,with a bullet through his heart。夜色四罩,城中之妻方祈天保夫无恙,战场上之夫仆卧,一弹穿心,死矣。Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low.谷升为陵,山夷为壤。(出自《旧约 以赛亚记》,中文版通常的翻译是: 一切山洼都要填满,大小山冈都要削平)what one cannot see must be behind one.背后之物非 目所能睹。The nature of war consisteth not in actual fighting but in the known disposition thereto during all the time .战争非直两军厮杀,人之性情无时不欲争,即战所喻也。Even as I bear sorrow in my heart, but my belly ever bids me eat and drink, and brings forgiveness of all that have suffered.吾虽忧伤,然思晚食。吾心悲戚,而吾腹命吾饮食,亦可稍忘苦痛。Mourn the dead with our belly.哀悼以心不以腹。---------输入文言文,拼音输入法效率极低。就写到这里吧。再添几条。Nothing inside and everything inside.中无所有而亦中无不有。(镜子,可以拿来做一个谜语)I would have broke mine eyestrings, crack'd them butTo look up him, till the diminution Of space had pointed him sharp as my neededlNay, followed him till had melted fromThe smallness of gnat to' air, and thenHave turn'd my eyes and wept极目送之,注视不忍释,虽眼中筋络迸裂无所惜;行人渐远浸小,织若针矣,微若蠛蠓矣,消失于空濛矣,已矣,回眸而啜其泣矣。(原文出自莎士比亚的《辛白林》,翻译的十分荡气回肠)我印象最深的是《中国诗与中国画》中说古诗的境界有空灵,清淡,含蓄,分别译为intangible, light 和 suggestive,当即十分叹服。如果要我来翻译“空灵”,肯定无从下手。由此想到我们往往觉得英语直白,没有意境,可能是因为我们背的是单词表,缺乏文化体验罢了。
中华儿女多奇志,不爱红妆爱武装。_毛泽东许渊冲翻译: Chinese people prefer to face the powder rather than powder the face.只有膜拜正式更改,此句译者许渊冲,见笑
1.千山鸟飞绝,万径人踪灭。——《江雪》From hill to hill no bird in flight, from path to path no men in sight.(许渊冲译)2.“Everything is the same, but you are not here, and I still am. In separation the one who goes away suffers less than the one who stays behind.”——出自拜伦给情人的信“此间百凡如故,我仍留而君已去耳。行行生别离,去者不如留者神伤之甚。(钱钟书译)============================8月24日更新=====================3.Love well, whip well.——本杰明·富兰克林爱之深,责之切。4.T nothing is ever new.时过境迁,烂事依然。—《神探夏洛克》第二季5.If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 我若能说万人的方言,并天使的话语,却没有爱,我就成了鸣的锣,响的钹一般。And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 我若有先知讲道之能,也明白各样的奥秘,各样的知识,而且有全备的信,叫我能够移山,却没有爱,我就算不得什么。If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.我若将所有的周济穷人,又舍己身叫人焚烧,却没有爱,仍然与我无益。Love love do it is not arrogant or rude. It does not i it is not ir
it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.爱是恒久忍耐,又有恩慈;爱是不嫉妒;爱是不自夸,不张狂,不做害羞的事,不求自己的益处,不轻易发怒,不计算人的恶,不喜欢不义,只喜欢真理;凡事包容,凡事相信,凡事盼望,凡事忍耐。Love never ends.爱是永不止息。——Corinthians 哥林多前书============================8月25日更新=========================5.吃一堑,长一智。A fall into the pit, a gain in your wit.6.Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss. But every once in a while you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare. 有人住高楼,有人在深沟。有人光万丈,有人一身锈。世人万千种,浮云莫去求。斯人若彩虹,遇上方知有。——《怦然心动》7.YOUTH青春Samuel Ullman塞缪尔·厄尔曼Youth i i it is not a matter of rosy cheeks, red l it is a matter of the will, a quality of the imagination, a v it is the freshness of the deep springs of life.青春不是年华,而是心境;青春不是桃面、丹唇、柔膝,而是深沉的意志、恢宏的想像、炽热的感情;青春是生命的深泉涌流。Youth means a temperamental predominance of courage over timidity, of the appetite for adventure over the love of ease. This often exists in a man of 60 more than a boy of 20. Nobody grows old merely by a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals.青春气贯长虹,勇锐盖过怯懦,进取压倒苟安。如此锐气,二十后生有之,六旬男子则更多见。年岁有加,并非垂老;理想丢弃,方堕暮年。Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. Worry, fear, self-distrust bows the heart and turns the spring back to dust.岁月悠悠,衰微只及肌肤;热忱抛却,颓唐必致灵魂。忧烦、惶恐、丧失自信,定使心灵扭曲,意气如灰。Whether 60 or 16, there is in every human being’s heart the lure of wonder, the unfailing childlike appetite of what’s next and the joy of the game of living. In the center of your heart and my heart there is a wireless station: so long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer, courage and power from men and from the Infinite, so long are you young.无论年届花甲,抑或二八芳龄,心中皆有生命之欢乐,奇迹之诱惑,孩童般天真久盛不衰。人的心灵应如浩淼瀚海,只有不断接纳美好、希望、欢乐、勇气和力量的百川,才能青春永驻、风华长存。When the aerials are down, and your spirit is covered with snows of cynicism and the ice of pessimism, then you are grown old, even at 20, but as long as your aerials are up, to catch waves of optimism, there is hope you may die young at 80.一旦心海枯竭,锐气便被冰雪覆盖,玩世不恭、自暴自弃油然而生,即便年方二十,实已垂垂老矣;然则只要虚怀若谷,让喜悦、达观、仁爱充盈其间,你就有望在八十高龄告别尘寰时仍觉年轻。8.向前一小步,文明一大步。We aim to please. You aim too, please9.闻着臭,吃着香Smell smelly, taste tasty.10. 论读书 培根On Studies读书足以怡情,足以,足以长才。其怡情也,最见于独处幽居之时;其傅彩也,最见于高谈阔论之中;其长才也,最见于处世判事之际。练达之士虽能分别处理细事或一一判别枝节,然纵观统筹、全局策划,则舍者莫属。读书费时过多易惰,太盛则矫,全凭条文断事乃学究故态。读书补天然之不足,经验又补读书之不足,盖天生才干犹如自然花草,读书然后知如何修剪移接;而书中所示,如不以经验范之,则又大而无当。有一技之长者鄙读书,无知者羡读书,唯明智之士用读书,然书并不以用处告人,用书之智不在书中,而在书外,全凭观察得之。读书时不可存心诘难作者,不可尽信书上所言,亦不可只为,而应推敲细思。书有可浅尝者,有可,少数则须咀嚼消化。换言之,有只须读其部分者,有只须大体涉猎者,少数则须全读,读时须全神贯注,孜孜不倦。书亦可请人代读,取其所作摘要,但只限题材较次或价值不高者,否则书经提炼犹如水经蒸馏、淡而无味矣。Studies serve for delight, for ornament, and for ability. Their chief use for delight, is in priv for ornament, and for ability, is in the judgment, and disposition of business. For expert men can execute, and perhaps judge of particulars, but the general counsels, and the plots and marshalling of affairs, come best, from those that are learned. To spend too much time to use them too much for ornament, to make judgment wholly by their rules, is the humor of a scholar. They perfect nature, and are perfected by experience: for natural abilities are like natural plants, that need proyning, and studies themselves, do give forth directions too much at large, except they be bounded in by experience. Crafty men contemn studies, simple men admire them, a for they tea but that is a wisdom without them, and above them, won by observation. Read not to co nor to believe
nor to fin but to weigh and consider. Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be that is, some books are to b others to be read, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention. Some books also may be read by deputy, and extracts
but that would be only in the less important arguments, and the meaner sort of books, else distilled books are like common distilled waters, flashy things.读书使人充实,讨论使人机智,笔记使人准确。因此不常作笔记者须记忆特强,不常讨论者须天生聪颖,不常读书者须,始能无知而显有知。读史使人明智,读诗使人灵秀,数学使人周密,科学使人深刻,伦理学使人庄重,逻辑修辞之学使人善辩:凡有所学,皆成性格。人之才智但有滞碍,无不可读适当之书使之顺畅,一如身体百病,皆可借相宜之运动除之。滚球利睾肾,射箭利胸肺,慢步利肠胃,骑术利头脑,诸如此类。如智力不集中,可令读数学,盖演题须全神贯注,稍有分散即须重演;如不能辨异,可令读经院哲学,盖是辈皆吹毛求疵之人;如不善求同,不善以一物阐证另一物,可令读律师之案卷。如此头脑中凡有缺陷,皆有特药可医。Rea co and writing an exact man. And therefore, if a man write little, he had need if he confer little, he had need have a present wit: and if he read little, he had need have much cunning, to seem to know, that he doth not. His th nat logic and rhetoric able to contend. Abeunt studia in mores:Studiespassinto thecharacterNay, there is no stand or impediment in the wit, but maybe wrough like as diseases of the body, may have appropriate exercises. Bowling is good for shooting for
gentle wal and the like. So if a man\'s wit be wandering, let him s for in demonstrations, if his wit be called away never so little, he must begin again. If his wit be not apt to distinguish or find differences, for they are cymini sectors. If he be not apt to beat over matters, and to call up one thing to prove and illustrate another, let him study the lawyers' cases. So every defect of the mind, may have a special receipe.
药品:Paracetamol 中文译名:扑热息痛语音相似,语意完美概括药效。===================================补一条,突然想到的我觉得把“树新风”翻译成“tree new bee”的人,简直人才依旧是“语音相似,语义完美概括药效”。 ^__________^
Here lies one whose name was written in water.此地长眠者,声名水上书。
like a dog,like a god像汪又像王,想忘又向往。不知出处
已有帐号?
无法登录?
社交帐号登录}

我要回帖

更多关于 爱之诗 words of love 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信