广告共享计划
江苏省盐城市2015届高三上学期期中考试英语试题
经典资料尽在此
盐城市2015届高三年级第一学期期中考试
英&语&试&题
第一部分&听力(共两节,满分20分)
做题时,先将答案标在试卷上。录音内容结束后,你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答案转涂到答题卡上。
第一节&(共5小题;每小题1分,满分5分)
听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1.&What&time&is&it&now?
&&A.&7:15.
B.&7:30. C.&7:45.
2.&What&does&the&woman&mean?
A.&She&agrees&with&the&man.&
B.&She&disagrees&with&the&man.
C.&She&is&not&sure&about&it.&
3.&What&did&the&woman&do&last&night?
A.&She&stayed&at&home.
B.&She&had&a&date&with&the&man.
C.&She&saw&a&film.&
4.&Where&does&the&girl&think&her&father&is&now?&
A.&At&home.&
B.&At&the&club.&
C.&At&his&office.&
5.&What&is&Susan&Gray?
A.&A&writer.&
B.&A&student.&
C.&A&reporter.&
第二节&(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料,回答第6、7题。
6.&What&does&the&man&want&to&find?
A.&A&cheap&hotel.
B.&A&cheap&house.&
C.&Some&travelers’&cheques.&
7.&When&do&the&banks&close?
A.&At&2:00&in&the&afternoon.&
B.&At&7:00&in&the&evening.&
C.&At&10:00&in&the&evening.&
听第7段材料,回答第8至10题。
8.&How&many&days&did&they&stay&there?
A.&Seven&days.
B.&Twenty-two&days.
C.&Six&days.&
9.&Who&caught&the&most&fish?
A.&Ben. B.&Kathy.
C.&Ben’s&father.&
10.&Why&does&Ben&not&want&fish&for&dinner?
A.&Because&he&doesn’t&like&fish.
B.&Because&he&ate&too&much&fish&on&his&holiday.
C.&Because&his&mother&doesn’t&want&him&to&eat&fish.&
听第8段材料,回答第11至13题。
11.&Where&does&the&conversation&take&place?
A.&At&a&shop.
B.&At&a&market.
C.&In&a&hospital.
12.&What&has&the&man&brought&to&the&woman?
A.&Some&fruit.
B.&Some&food.
C.&Some&medicine.
13.&Why&doesn’t&the&man&want&to&stay&too&long?
A.&Because&he&is&busy.
B.&Because&he&doesn’t&see&Mr&White.&
C.&Because&the&woman&needs&more&rest.
听第9段材料,回答第14至17题。
14.&How&many&hours&does&Xiao&spend&training&each&day?
B.&Three.&&
15.&How&was&Xiao&feeling&when&his&heart&was&“beating&really&fast”&inside&his&chest?
A.&Anxious. B.&Confused.
C.&Exhausted.
16.&How&many&Olympic&bronze&medals&has&Xiao&won?
A.&One. B.&Four.
17.&Why&does&Xiao&think&he&will&make&a&great&coach?
A.&He&will&retire&in&five&years.&
B.&He&is&very&knowledgeable.&
C.&He&enjoys&traveling.
听第10段材料,回答第18至20题。
18.&What&is&the&speaker?
A.&A&teacher.
B.&A&tour&guide.&&&
C.&A&shop&assistant.
19.&What&does&the&bookshop&sell?
A.&Chinese&books.
B.&English&books.
C.&French&books.
20.&Which&shop&is&outside&the&shopping&centre?
A.&Larp’s.&
B.&Li-Ning.
C.&Splend&Tea&Shop.
第二部分&英语知识运用(共两节,满分35分)
第一节&单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
请认真阅读下面各题,从题中所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
21.&—The&speech&contest&is&due&to&be&held&next&week.&See&to&________&that&you’re&ready&on&time!
—No&problem.&I&have&been&preparing&for&it&recently.&
A.&everything&&&&
B.&all&&&&&&&&&&&&
C.&yourself&&&&&&&&&
22.&A&situation&often&appears&where&we&know&what&a&character&means&and&how&to&read&it&but&it&has&________&our&minds&when&we&want&to&write&it&down.&
A.&slipped B.&crossed
C.&occupied D.&eased
23.&About&a&month&ago,&October&9&to&be&________,&French&writer&Patrick&Modiano,&69,&won&the&2014&Nobel&Prize&for&Literature.
A.&flexible B.&precise
C.&honest&
24.&The&kitchen&might&have&been&workable&had&Nicola&kept&it&&________&it&was&littered&with&pots&and&pans.&
A.&therefore B.&anyhow
C.&instead D.&though[来源:学#科#网Z#X#X#K]
25.&Residents&in&the&neighborhood&where&a&gunman&killed&several&people&have&to&________&the&question&of&whether&their&houses&are&safe.
A.&push&for
B.&wipe&away
C.&relate&to&
D.&wrestle&with
26.&Happiness&is&a&butterfly,&which,&when&pursued,&is&always&just&beyond&your&grasp,&but&________,&if&you&will&sit&down&quietly,&may&alight&upon&you.
A.&that B.&which
27.&________&from&a&popular&video&game,&the&TV&series&Swords&of&Legends&made&27-year-old&Li&Yifeng&find&success&as&an&actor&this&summer.&
A.&Adapted
B.&Having&adapted
C.&Being&adapted
D.&To&be&adapted
28.&—Could&you&please&tell&me&________&that&prevents&her&from&being&happy?
—She&has&taken&the&driving&test&three&times&but&hasn’t&passed&yet.&
A.&what&it&is&&&&&
B.&it&is&what&&&&&&&
C.&how&it&is&&&&&&&&
D.&it&is&how
29.&The&proportion&of&elderly&people&increases&in&Britain&and&medical&advances&make&it&possible&to&keep&alive&patients&who&________&previously.
A.&would&die
B.&had&died
C.&should&have&died
D.&would&have&died
30.&The&true&traveller&sets&out&to&make&an&independent,&unhurried&journey&to&the&unknown,&travelling&________&few&people&have&set&foot.&
A.&in&which&&&&&
B.&what&&&&&&&&&&&
C.&when&&&&&&&&&&
31.&My&brother&and&some&of&his&classmates&________&as&volunteers&to&help&the&elderly&in&the&old-age&home&during&the&winter&holiday&to&come.&&
A.&worked&
B.&are&working
C.&will&be&working
D.&have&been&working&
32.&The&workers&are&going&on&strike&for&the&salaries&here&are&low&________&the&rates&elsewhere.
A.&with&&&&&&&&
B.&against&&&&&&&&&
C.&through&&&&&&&&&&
33.&Discrimination&is&a&problem&that’s&been&troubling&America’s&social&________&for&years.
A.&construction B.&conscience
C.&awareness D.&framework
34.&—________,&I&can&attach&no&definite&meaning&to&this&rather&grand&sentence.
—Why&not&turn&to&your&teacher&for&help?&
A.&As&hard&I&might&try
B.&Try&hard&as&I&might
C.&As&hard&as&I&might&try
D.&Try&as&hard&as&I&might
35.&—James&should&give&up&the&idea&of&winning&everyone’s&respect&and&focus&on&his&own&work.&
—________.&How&did&you&know&that?&
A.&You&are&not&getting&it
B.&Exactly—one&step&at&a&time
C.&You&make&it&sound&so&easy
D.&Thank&you&for&bringing&it&to&my&attention
第二节&完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)
请认真阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
With&two&teenagers&on&the&way&to&college,&there&wasn’t&much&money&left&over&for&holiday&shopping.&Although&I&had&never&&&36&&&my&concern&to&my&daughter,&somehow&they&knew.&They&are&smart&kids&who&are&also&exceptionally&&&37&&.&
I&was&on&my&way&to&the&mall&to&do&a&little&Christmas&shopping.&With&a&&&38&&&list&in&one&hand&and&car&keys&in&the&other,&I&asked&what&they&wanted&for&Christmas.&I&&&39&&&myself&for&their&response.&They&looked&up&as&if&praying&to&God&for&enlightenment&on&what&to&say.&They&looked&me&square&&&40&&&the&eye&and&said,&“we’re&good.”[来源:Z|]
“There&&&41&&&be&something&you&want.&What&are&you&really&thinking?”&I&waited&nervously&for&a(n)&&&42&&.&
They&quietly&deliberated&and&Juliana,&older&and&wiser,&swallowed&hard&before&answering.&“we&don’t&need&a&thing.”&They&nodded.&“&&43&&,”&she&reaffirmed.&
I&stared&at&her&in&&&44&&,&waiting&for&her&to&smile&or&crack&a&joke,&but&she&was&&&45&&.&
“We’re&really&good,&Mum,”&Andrea&said.&“We&have&&&46&&&a&girl&could&want.&You&and&Dad&have&given&us&everything.&We&are&happy,”&she&said&moving&to&Juliana,&“just&to&&&47&&&you.”
I&felt&my&heart&&&48&&&a&beat&as&time&stood&still.&Their&words&reverberated&in&my&head&as&my&eyes&welled&with&tears&of&&&49&&.&Both&girls&wrapped&their&arms&around&me&and&hugged&me&long&and&hard.&
“I&insist&you&let&me&get&you&something.&We&can&afford&it,”&I&lied.&
Juliana&pulled&back&and&her&solemn&voice&took&&&50&&.&“Then&get&us&something&we&can&share.”&Andrea&chimed,&“We’re&really&good&at&sharing.”&
They&were&&&51&&&me&with&kindness.&I&looked&at&my&daughters&in&awe&and&silently&thanked&God&for&&&52&&&me&with&two&great&kids.&How&could&I&be&so&lucky?
I&assembled&the&Christmas&&&53&&&in&the&family&room&in&its&usual&spot.&Andrea&opened&the&box&of&ornaments&and&dangled&one&on&a&branch&near&me.&Andrea&gave&me&an&endearing&smile.&“This&ornament&&&54&&&up&the&way&I&feel.”&Juliana&peered&over&her&shoulder&and&read&the&inscription.&“Love&really&is&the&best&&&55&&&of&all.”&
36.&A.&conveyed
B.&clarified C.&interpreted
37.&A.&unconscious
B.&thoughtful C.&tentative
D.&confidential
38.&A.&complicated
B.&full C.&long
39.&A.&equipped
B.&admired C.&prepared
D.&assigned
B.&on C.&through
41.&A.&can
B.&would C.&should
42.&A.&assessment
B.&reply C.&opinion
D.&request
43.&A.&Seriously
B.&Probably C.&Actually
D.&Extremely
44.&A.&depression
B.&horror C.&disbelief
45.&A.&ambitious
B.&determined C.&merciful
D.&outspoken
46.&A.&anything
B.&something C.&everything
D.&nothing
47.&A.&have
B.&respect C.&acknowledge
D.&compensate
48.&A.&suffer
B.&suck C.&swap
49.&A.&relief
B.&anxiety C.&joy
B.&over C.&down&
51.&A.&killing
B.&challenging C.&burdening
D.&blaming
52.&A.&providing
B.&treating C.&presenting
D.&blessing
53.&A.&party
C.&dinner&
54.&A.&puts
B.&takes C.&cuts
55.&A.&signal
B.&inspiration C.&gift
第三部分&阅读理解(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)
请认真阅读下列短文,从短文后各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
The&University&of&Hong&Kong
Important&Notes&on&Visa&Application&for&Mainland&Students
I.&All&non-local&students&are&required&to&obtain&an&Entry&Permit&(student&visa)&from&the&Hong&Kong&Immigration&Department&(ImmD)&for&the&purpose&of&studying&in&the&Hong&Kong&Special&Administrative&Region&(HKSAR).&
II.&An&applicant&of&such&a&student&visa&to&HKSAR&for&study&purpose&is&required&to&have&a&local&sponsor.&Mainland&students&should&request&the&HKU&China&Affairs&Office&(CAO)&to&be&their&visa&sponsor.
III.&SUBMIT&YOUR&VISA&APPLICATION&NOW!!&HK&Immigration&Department&will&take&at&least&6&weeks&to&process&an&Entry&Permit.
IV.&Upon&the&Entry&Permit&being&granted&by&ImmD,&CAO&will&collect&the&Entry&Permit&label&for&onward&transmission&to&the&applicant.&However,&the&permit&label&will&only&be&sent&to&the&applicant&after&he/she&has&submitted&a&copy&of&the&signed&Letter&of&Acceptance&to&the&Firm&Offer&of&Admission.
V.&Besides&the&Entry&Permit&label,&a&mainland&student&should&apply&for&an&“Exit-entry&Permit&for&Travelling&to&and&from&Hong&Kong&and&Macao”&(EEP)&and&a&relevant&exit&endorsement&from&the&Public&Security&Bureau&where&his/her&household&registration&is&kept.
VI.&The&duration&of&stay&in&Hong&Kong&should&be&equal&to&the&period&shown&on&the&admission&letter.&The&applicant&is&strongly&advised&to&enter&Hong&Kong&not&more&than&2&weeks&before&the&programme&commencement&date&for&registration&procedures&and/or&participating&in&the&University’s&orientation&activities.
VII.&All&submitted&documents&will&not&be&returned.&The&online&visa&application&fee&of&HK$850&is&non-refundable.
For&further&enquiries&on&visa&applications,&please&contact&CAO&by&email&at&visaapp@hku.hk.
56.&The&HKU&China&Affairs&Office&(CAO)&is&responsible&for&________.
A.&being&the&visa&sponsor&of&all&the&students
B.&helping&mainland&students&apply&for&their&EEP
C.&ensuring&students’&duration&of&stay&in&Hong&Kong
D.&transmitting&the&Entry&Permit&label&to&the&applicant
57.&We&can&learn&from&the&passage&that&________.
A.&the&applicant&will&have&the&permit&label&immediately&the&Entry&Permit&is&granted
B.&it&will&take&HK&Immigration&Department&about&2&weeks&to&process&an&Entry&Permit
C.&a&mainland&student&has&to&apply&for&a&student&visa&online&at&his/her&own&expense
D.&a&student&should&apply&for&a&relevant&exit&endorsement&from&CAO
Scotland&has&a&rich&culture&which&is&distinct&from&the&other&nations&in&the&UK,&though&it&has&similarities&(as&is&typical&for&countries&which&are&located&close&together).&Scottish&people&are&often&fiercely&proud&of&their&culture,&which&in&the&past&was&the&target&of&attempts&to&suppress&it&to&create&a&single&“British”&culture—based&on&English&culture.&Today,&in&more&enlightened&times,&Scotland’s&cultural&achievements&are&evident&in&numerous&areas&and&are&flourishing.
The&country&has&a&great&tradition&of&festivals&(e.g.&the&Edinburgh&Festivals),&literature&and&achievement&in&the&arts.&Since&the&Scottish&Enlightenment&that&followed&the&Act&of&Union,&it&has&produced&some&of&the&greatest&literary&personalities,&thinkers&and&writers&of&the&world.&Many&ideas&now&seen&as&key&to&the&modern&world&derive&from&the&work&of&Scottish&scholars,&scientists&and&authors,&such&as&Adam&Smith.&Scottish&novelists&have&also&enjoyed&success&in&recent&times,&such&as&Irvine&Welsh.&Scotland’s&great&tradition&of&science&has&produced&some&of&the&greatest&scientists&and&inventors&of&the&world,&including&James&Watt&(pioneer&of&the&Industrial&Revolution),&John&Logie&Baird&(inventor&of&the&television)&and&Alexander&Fleming&(discoverer&of&penicillin).&More&recently,&scientists&in&Aberdeen&developed&the&MRI&scanner&and&those&in&Edinburgh&created&Dolly&the&Sheep,&the&first&cloned&animal.
Scottish&folk&music&is&also&flourishing,&with&traditional&and&modern&folk&music&sung&in&both&English,&Scottish&Gaelic&(and&sometimes&Scots).&Folk&music&often&features&instruments&such&as&fiddle/violin,&acoustic&guitar,&harp,&accordion,&piano,&various&sorts&of&bagpipes,&and&other&traditional&instruments&as&well&as&voice.&You&may&also&encounter&Scottish&forms&of&dance&which&are&also&popular.&This&may&range&from&simple,&as&at&a&ceilidh&(pronounced&“kay-lee”,&a&mix&of&dances&performed&to&traditional&music&and&descended&from&ballroom&and&country&dancing),&to&more&complex&Scottish&Country&Dancing&which&is&a&form&of&social&dancing&descended&from&renaissance&dance&styles,&to&solo&Highland&Dancing&if&you&go&to&a&Highland&Games.&These&styles&exist&alongside&other&popular&forms&of&music&and&dance&also&found&in&other&modern&countries.
Scottish&people&suffer&from&a&stereotype&which&portrays&them&as&“dour”,&and&while&this&may&have&been&accurate&in&the&past,&it&no&longer&is.&You&will&find&most&Scots&to&be&friendly,&warm,&and&with&a&strong&sense&of&humour,&although&it&can&take&more&than&one&meeting&with&you&for&them&to&warm&up.&Younger&Scots&are&often&hedonistic&(享乐主义者),&with&the&“night&out”&being&a&basic&unit&of&social&interaction&for&many&people&and&packed&pubs,&bars,&nightclubs&and&live&music&and&comedy&venues&in&cities.&On&the&other&hand,&heavy&drinking&is&a&part&of&Scottish&culture&and&has&been&increasing&in&recent&years.&You&are&likely&to&hear&younger&people&talk&of&being&drunk&as&a&nirvana-like&ideal&state.&However,&the&opposite&side&to&this&is&that&public&drunkenness,&disorderliness&and&alcoholism&is&a&problem.&While&they&may&not&be&overly&willing&to&make&conversation&with&a&stranger&at&a&bus&stop&or&other&public&places,&nor&trust&you&with&their&life&story&the&first&time&they&meet&you,&you&will&find&most&Scots&to&be&enjoyable,&lively&and&satisfying&companions.&
58.&How&is&Paragraph&2&mainly&developed?
A.&By&analyzing&causes.
B.&By&showing&differences.
C.&By&giving&examples.
D.&By&following&time&order.
59.&What&can&we&know&from&Paragraph&3?
A.&Scottish&folk&music&is&often&sung&in&Scots&and&Scottish&Gaelic.
B.&Scottish&folk&music&is&played&with&traditional&instruments&only.
C.&Scottish&people&sing&and&dance&to&rock&music&at&a&ceilidh.
D.&Visitors&can&experience&solo&Highland&Dancing&at&a&Highland&Games.
60.&Which&of&the&following&is&TRUE&about&Scottish&people?
A.&Younger&Scots&like&to&keep&themselves&out&of&social&activities.
B.&Younger&Scots’&heavy&drinking&has&caused&some&trouble&to&society.
C.&Most&Scots&are&quite&open&with&strangers&on&first&acquaintance.
D.&Scottish&people&used&to&be&stereotyped&as&alcoholics.
61.&The&underlined&word&“dour”&in&the&last&paragraph&probably&means&________.
A.&rigid B.&shallow
C.&mature D.&reserved
The&more&curious&we&are&about&a&topic,&the&easier&it&is&to&learn&information&about&that&topic.&A&study&published&in&Neuron&shows&what&happens&in&our&brains&when&curiosity&is&aroused.&The&findings&could&help&scientists&find&ways&to&improve&overall&learning&and&memory&in&both&healthy&individuals&and&those&with&neurological&conditions.
“Our&findings&potentially&have&far-reaching&implications&for&the&public&because&they&reveal&a&deep&understanding&of&how&a&form&of&intrinsic&(内在的)&motivation—curiosity—affects&memory.&These&findings&suggest&ways&to&improve&learning&in&the&classroom&and&other&settings,”&says&lead&author&Dr.&Matthias&Gruber,&of&University&of&California&at&Davis.
For&the&study,&participants&rated&their&curiosity&to&learn&the&answers&to&a&series&of&trivia&questions.&When&they&were&later&presented&with&a&selected&trivia&question,&there&was&a&14-second&delay&before&the&answer&was&provided,&during&which&time&the&participants&were&shown&a&picture&of&an&unrelated&face.&Afterwards,&participants&performed&a&surprise&recognition&memory&test&for&the&faces&that&were&presented,&followed&by&a&memory&test&for&the&answers&to&the&trivia&questions.&During&certain&parts&of&the&study,&participants&had&their&brains&scanned&via&functional&magnetic&resonance&imaging&(磁共振成像).
The&study&revealed&three&major&findings.&First,&as&expected,&when&people&were&highly&curious&to&find&out&the&answer&to&a&question,&they&were&better&at&learning&that&information.&More&surprising,&however,&was&that&once&their&curiosity&was&aroused,&they&showed&better&learning&of&entirely&unrelated&information&(face&recognition)&that&they&encountered&but&were&not&necessarily&curious&about.&People&were&also&better&able&to&memorize&the&information&learned&during&a&curious&state&across&a&24-hour&delay.&“Curiosity&may&put&the&brain&in&a&state&that&allows&it&to&learn&and&memorize&any&kind&of&information,&like&a&vortex&(漩涡)&that&sucks&in&what&you&are&motivated&to&learn,&and&also&everything&around&it,”&explains&Dr.&Gruber.
Second,&the&investigators&found&when&curiosity&is&stimulated,&there&is&increased&activity&in&the&brain&circuit&(大脑回路)&related&to&reward.&“We&found&that&intrinsic&motivation&actually&recruits&the&very&same&brain&areas&that&are&heavily&involved&in&extrinsic&(外在的)&motivation,”&says&Dr.&Gruber.&
Third,&the&team&discovered&that&when&curiosity&motivated&learning,&there&was&increased&activity&in&the&hippocampus,&a&brain&region&that&is&important&for&forming&new&memories,&as&well&as&increased&interactions&between&the&hippocampus&and&the&reward&circuit.&
62.&In&which&section&of&the&newspaper&would&you&most&probably&find&this&passage?&
A.&Culture. &
B.&Health.&
C.&Education.&
D.&Science.
63.&Paragraph&3&mainly&talks&about&________.
A.&the&process&of&carrying&out&the&study
B.&the&participants’&performance&in&the&study
C.&the&way&the&participants&had&their&brains&scanned
D.&the&participants’&answers&to&the&trivia&questions
64.&According&to&Dr.&Gruber,&________.
A.&memory&has&a&highly&significant&influence&on&curiosity
B.&intrinsic&motivation&is&heavily&involved&in&extrinsic&motivation
C.&the&curious&mind&is&a&“vortex”&for&information&of&any&kind
D.&the&power&of&curiosity&may&be&used&by&many&except&teachers
65.&The&writer&mainly&wants&to&tell&us&in&the&passage&________.
A.&why&curiosity&is&important&to&students
B.&how&curiosity&affects&the&brain&to&improve&learning
C.&how&curiosity&and&motivation&work&harmoniously
D.&when&a&person’s&curiosity&can&be&greatly&aroused
Dear&Baby,
As&I&am&writing&this&to&you,&you&are&safely&growing&in&your&mother’s&womb,&getting&a&little&bigger&and&stronger&by&the&day.&You&are&not&due&to&this&world&until&the&first&week&of&January,&I’ve&been&told,&but&I&have&to&admit,&I&have&been&thinking&a&lot&about&you&lately.&I&don’t&know&if&you’re&a&little&girl&or&a&little&boy.&Nobody&knows&actually&except&for&the&doctors.&See,&your&Mom&has&chosen&not&to&know,&so&you&will&be&a&surprise&to&everyone,&and&I&like&it&that&way.&You’ve&got&a&fine&mother.&I&don’t&know&her&that&well,&having&met&her&only&twice,&but&she&impressed&me&with&her&personality&and&her&qualities.&Needless&to&say,&I&like&her&a&lot.&On&the&other&hand,&I&know&your&father&quite&well:&he’s&my&son.&And&I&can&tell&you&right&now,&he&has&no&idea&of&the&responsibilities&that&are&going&to&fall&upon&his&shoulders,&the&very&minute&we&hear&your&first&cry.&But&he’ll&manage,&just&like&I&did,&just&like&my&father&and&his&father&before&him&did.
As&impatient&as&I&am&for&you&to&join&the&large&family,&I&am&also&worried.&The&thought&crossed&my&mind&that&something&could&go&wrong&with&you&or&your&Mom.&You&know,&the&kind&of&feeling&one&experiences&before&boarding&an&airplane.&We&know&everything&will&be&fine&in&the&end,&but&we&can’t&help&thinking&about&it&anyway.&But&so&far,&you’re&both&doing&just&fine.&Isn’t&an&ultrasound&(超声波)&the&greatest&thing?&Too&bad&we&can’t&just&look&at&yours&for&now!
What&worries&me&too&is&your&future.&This&world&you’re&coming&into&is&not&human&friendly.&Of&course,&we&all&want&the&best&possible&for&you,&but&we&live&in&troubled&times&and&I&don’t&foresee&your&life&being&so&easy,&wishing&of&course&I&am&wrong.&I&am&the&first&generation&in&our&family&who&hasn’t&been&called&to&go&to&war&in&over&a&hundred&years.&Your&Dad&is&the&second&generation.&My&dearest&wish&for&you&is&that&you&will&be&part&of&the&third&generation.
The&irony&is&that,&as&time&progresses,&humanity&should&learn&from&experiences&and&mistakes,&but&as&our&life&is&made&easier&all&the&time&with&new&technology,&I&get&the&notion&that&somehow,&we&are&going&backwards.&One&would&think&that&with&such&powerful&means&as&the&Internet,&for&example,&communication&between&people&as&well&as&education&in&general&would&improve.&Is&it&the&case?&I’m&not&sure.&Anyway,&we’ll&have&plenty&of&time&later&to&discuss&this&as&you&grow&up&and&learn.&Because&you&don’t&know&it&yet,&but&you&and&I&will&talk&a&lot,&provided&I&am&around&for&some&time.
You’re&coming&to&this&world&with&a&lot&of&pluses&on&your&side.&You&will&be&born&into&a&close&knit,&loving&family,&and&even&though&it&can&be&overbearing&sometimes,&this&alone,&Child,&is&priceless!&Both&your&parents&are&good&providers,&so&you&will&probably&always&have&what&you&need&until&you&fly&off&the&nest.&Both&of&them&work&in&the&medical&field,&so&your&health&and&growth&will&be&carefully&watched.&Both&sets&of&your&grandparents&are&alive&and&reasonably&well,&so&you&can&be&sure&they’ll&all&stand&in&everybody’s&and&each&other’s&way&just&to&catch&a&glimpse&of&you.&
But&in&the&end,&your&life&will&be&yours,&and&your&decisions&and&choices&will&determine&which&direction&you&want&to&go.&Most&likely,&you&will&be&baptized&(洗礼)&and&that’s&where&we’ll&draw&the&line.&You&will&be&left&to&make&your&own&decisions&as&you&grow&up&and&discover&the&world,&but&you’ll&never&be&alone&to&do&so,&you&can&always&rely&on&any&of&us&for&advice&and&help&if&you&so&wish.&We’ll&be&there&for&you.
Your&Grandfather&(you&know,&the&crazy,&ugly&one!)
66.&What&do&we&know&about&the&baby’s&father?
A.&He&is&successful&but&irresponsible.
B.&He&doesn’t&know&what&it&takes&to&be&a&father&now.
C.&He&will&get&nowhere&with&taking&care&of&a&baby.
D.&He&will&mean&his&child&to&be&a&soldier.
67.&Why&does&the&writer&mention&“boarding&an&airplane”&in&Paragraph&2?
A.&To&show&his&impatience.
B.&To&clarify&one&of&his&experiences.
C.&To&illustrate&his&nervousness.
D.&To&restore&his&self-confidence.
68.&What&does&the&underlined&sentence&“You’re&coming&to&this&world&with&a&lot&of&pluses&on&your&side”&probably&mean?
A.&The&baby&will&be&burdened&with&a&whole&host&of&responsibilities.
B.&The&baby&cannot&fall&short&of&the&large&family’s&high&expectations.[来源:]
C.&The&baby&is&bound&to&succeed&in&life&with&the&help&of&the&family.
D.&The&baby&will&enjoy&considerable&advantages&in&his&or&her&life.
69.&Which&of&the&following&would&the&writer&most&probably&agree&with?
A.&Communication&and&education&benefit&little&from&powerful&means&such&as&the&Internet.&
B.&The&world&is&full&of&troubles&and&people,&even&neighbors,&are&not&friendly&to&each&other.
C.&The&family&will&love&the&baby&so&much&as&to&let&the&baby&do&whatever&he&or&she&wants.
D.&The&grandchild&must&depend&on&the&family&to&make&important&decisions&and&choices.
&70.&From&the&letter,&we&can&see&that&the&writer&seems&________.
A.&crazy&and&stubborn&
B.&kind&and&worry-free
C.&open&and&humourous
D.&lucky&and&narrow-minded
第四部分&任务型阅读(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
请认真阅读下列短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入一个最恰当的单词。
注意:请将答案写在答题卡上相应题号的横线上。每个空格只填1个单词。
Narcissism&in&Teens
Narcissism&(自恋;&自我陶醉)&is&a&personality&disorder&that&gives&a&person&an&over-inflated&sense&of&his&own&importance.&This&begins&for&some&teens&with&low&self-esteem&who&create&fantasies&to&compensate&for&their&poor&opinions&of&themselves.&<&reports&that&1&percent&of&all&teens&have&the&disorder&and&that&between&50&percent&and&75&percent&of&narcissists&are&male.&Although&some&selfishness&is&expected&in&teens,&narcissism&can&become&a&problem&in&adulthood&if&parents&do&not&address&it&at&a&younger&age.
According&to&<,&those&with&a&narcissistic&personality&disorder&often&exaggerate&their&own&skills&and&require&constant&admiration&and&respect&from&others.&They&also&believe&that&others&are&envious&of&their&qualities&of&being&attractive,&skillful&or&powerful.&In&many&cases,&they&expect&to&receive&special&treatment&and&do&not&consider&the&feelings&of&others.&Overall,&those&with&the&disorder&become&too&proud&and&have&an&inflated&sense&of&self-importance.&This&is&particularly&troublesome&for&a&teen&because&it&could&lead&to&problems&when&listening&to&parents&or&teachers,&which&could&hinder&development.
The&disorder&is&caused&by&both&genetic&and&environmental&factors.&<&reports&that&like&other&personality&traits,&genes&can&play&a&large&part&in&the&equation.&Because&genes&are&also&responsible&for&the&teen’s&physical&appearance,&genetic&traits&can&lead&to&narcissism.&Many&believe,&however,&that&developmental&factors&are&the&most&influential&in&shaping&a&teen’s&narcissistic&behaviour,&according&to&<.&These&factors&include&admiration&from&parents,&a&lack&of&negative&feedback,&over-praise,&childhood&abuse,&a&sensitive&temperament,&inadequate&care&from&parents,&and&learning&manipulation&from&other&people.
According&to&the&Mayo&Clinic,&treatment&is&difficult&because&the&teen&is&already&fragile&mentally.&In&most&cases,&treatment&attempts&are&not&favorably&received&because&they&conflict&with&the&teen’s&perception&of&himself.&Cognitive&behavioral&therapy,&family&therapy,&and&group&therapy&are&options,&depending&on&the&circumstances.&Parents&might&have&the&most&success&taking&their&teens&to&family&therapy&sessions&because&they&allow&the&entire&family&to&explore&communication&issues&together.&Parents&can&help&by&teaching&their&teens&the&proper&way&to&interact&with&a&group&and&highlighting&empathetic&behavior.
A&2010&study&called&“Rethinking&‘Generation&Me’—A&Study&of&Cohort&Effects&From&,”&which&was&published&in&the&journal&“Perspectives&on&Psychological&Science&Studies,”&argues&that&the&current&generation&is&no&more&narcissistic&than&previous&generations.&Every&generation&has&its&narcissists&and&its&selfless&individuals,&so&teens&in&every&generation&seem&more&self-centered&at&the&time,&but&become&more&aware&of&this&behavior&as&they&age.&As&a&result,&while&parents&might&feel&as&though&their&teens&are&more&self-centered&than&they&were&as&teens,&evidence&doesn’t&support&that&idea.
Narcissism&in&Teens[来源:学科网]
Passage&outline
Supporting&details
Introduction
&#9679;Narcissism&refers&to&a&personality&disorder&characterized&by&self-centeredness,&and&an&exaggerated&sense&of&self-importance.
&#9679;If&left&unaddressed,&early&problems&with&narcissism&can&(71)&&&&#9650;&&&&into&adulthood.
&#9679;Narcissists&often&have&an&exaggerated&sense&of&their&own&abilities&and&achievements.
&#9679;Narcissists&are&(72)&&&&#9650;&&&&longing&to&be&admired&and&respected&by&others.
&#9679;Narcissists&hold&the&belief&that&others&(73)&&&&#9650;&&&&them&their&skills,&attractiveness&or&power.
&#9679;Narcissists&expect&to&be&specially&treated&and&usually&have&their&own&way,&(74)&&&&#9650;&&&&of&others’&feelings.
(75)&&&&#9650;&&&
&#9679;Narcissistic&personality&disorder&is&genetically-based,&as&genes&play&an&important&role&in&(76)&&&&#9650;&&&&physical&appearance.
&#9679;Many&developmental&factors&have&the&greatest&(77)&&&&#9650;&&&&on&a&teen’s&narcissism.
Treatments
&#9679;Currently,&it&is&not&easy&to&treat&narcissistic&personality&disorder&because&treatment&attempts&are&in&(78)&&&&#9650;&&&&with&the&way&the&teens&think&about&themselves.
&#9679;Treatment&options&include&cognitive&behavioral&therapy,&family&therapy,&and&group&therapy,&of&which&family&therapy&might&be&the&most&(79)&&&&#9650;&&&.
Conclusion
There&is&no&(80)&&&&#9650;&&&&in&support&of&the&idea&that&today’s&teens&are&more&self-centered&than&their&parents&were&as&teens.
第五部分&&书面表达(满分25分)
81.&请阅读下面短文,并按照要求用英语写一篇150词左右的文章。
A&young&couple&moved&into&a&new&neighbourhood.&The&next&morning&while&they&were&eating&breakfast,&the&young&woman&saw&her&neighbor&hanging&the&washing&outside.
“That&laundry&is&not&very&&she&doesn’t&know&how&to&wash&correctly.&Perhaps&she&needs&better&laundry&soap.”
Her&husband&looked&on,&saying&nothing.
Every&time&her&neighbour&hung&her&washing&out&to&dry,&the&young&woman&made&the&same&comments.
A&month&later,&the&woman&was&surprised&to&see&a&nice&clean&wash&on&the&line&and&said&to&her&husband,&“Look,&she’s&finally&learned&how&to&wash&correctly.&I&wonder&who&taught&her&this.”
The&husband&replied,&“Never&be&arbitrary.&In&fact,&I&got&up&early&this&morning&and&cleaned&our&windows.”
[写作要求]
1.&作文中可以使用亲身经历或虚构的故事,也可以参照阅读材料的内容,但不得直接引
用原文的句子。
2.&作文中不得出现真实姓名和学校名称。
[评分标准]
概括准确,语言规范,内容合适,篇章连贯。
盐城市2015届高三年级第一学期期中考试
英&语&答&案
1-5&AAACC 6-10&ABACB
11-15&CACCA 16-20&BBBAC
21-25&DABCD 26-30&BAADD
31-35&CBBBD
36-40&ABDCA 41-45&DBACB
46-50&CADCB 51-55&ADBDC
56-57&DC 58-61&CDBD
62-65&DACB 66-70&BCDAC
71.&continue 72.&constantly
73.&envy 74.&regardless
75.&Causes
76.&determining
77.&influence/effect/impact
78.&conflict
79.&successful/effective
80.&evidence
81.&One&possible&version:
While&a&young&couple&new&to&a&neighbourhood&looked&through&the&windows&over&their&breakfast,&the&wife&found&her&neighbor’s&laundry&always&dirty&until&one&day&her&husband&cleaned&their&own&windows.
Obviously,&the&young&woman&was&deceived&by&the&perception&and&formed&arbitrary&judgments,&which&made&her&a&laughingstock.&So&never&should&we&rush&to&judgment&without&examining&the&evidence.
If&we&act&arbitrarily&in&face&of&the&forks&in&the&road&of&life,&we&may&go&in&the&wrong&direction&and&get&farther&and&farther&away&from&our&destination.&Moreover,&arbitrariness&can&make&us&too&proud&and&imprison&our&soul&in&the&long&term.
To&avoid&arbitrariness,&we&must&look&before&we&leap,&striving&for&a&comprehensive&understanding&of&the&situation&we&are&confronted&with.&Also,&we&should&be&open&to&advice.&Lastly,&always&be&cautious&in&judgments&because&what&looks&like&a&neighbor’s&dirty&laundry&to&us&may&be&simply&a&result&of&our&dirty&windows!
英语试题听力文稿
W:&I’m&afraid&we&can’t&arrive&there&on&time.&
M:&Don’t&worry.&I’ve&ordered&a&taxi&for&7:30.&It&will&arrive&here&in&15&minutes.
M:&Hi,&Ann.&How&about&having&a&picnic&with&us&this&weekend?&
W:&Oh,&I&couldn’t&agree&with&you&more.&
M:&Did&you&go&to&the&cinema&last&night?&
W:&Well,&I&meant&to.&But&just&when&I&was&about&to&leave&it&began&to&rain.&
M:&Hello!&This&is&Bill&Smith&in&the&Greenhouse&Club.&May&I&speak&to&Mr.&Jones?&
W:&I’m&sorry.&But&my&Dad&isn’t&in&right&now.&I&can&give&you&his&office&phone&number.&He&won’t&be&back&until&six&o’clock.&
W:&Good&evening,&Professor&David,&my&name&is&Susan&Gray.&I’m&with&the&local&newspaper.&Do&you&mind&if&I&ask&you&a&few&questions?&[来源:学科网]
M:&Certainly&not.&Go&ahead,&please.&
W:&Good&afternoon.&
M:&Hello,&I&wonder&if&you&can&help&me.&I’ve&just&arrived&here,&and&I’m&looking&for&somewhere&to&stay.&
W:&Uh,&huh…
M:&Can&you&tell&me&where&I&can&find&a&cheap&hotel?&
W:&Certainly.&There&are&a&few&around&here,&but&the&nearest&and&one&of&the&nicest&is&just&around&the&corner.&It&is&called&the&Euro&Hotel.&Would&you&like&me&to&phone&to&see&if&they&have&a&room?&
M:&No,&that’s&OK.&I’ll&just&wander&round&there&myself.&Ah!&Another&thing,&I&need&to&change&some&travelers’&cheques,&but&I&don’t&know&what&time&the&banks&close.&
W:&They&close&at&7&o’clock&in&the&evening.&
M:&Right.&Thanks.&
W:&Hi,&Ben.&
M:&Hi,&Jane.&How&are&you?
W:&I’m&well,&thanks.&I’ve&just&been&swimming&in&the&lake.&How&was&your&holiday,&Ben?&
M:&It&was&great.&We&went&fishing&on&the&Huang&River.&
W:&What&was&the&best&part&of&your&trip?
M:&The&best&part&was&being&able&to&swim&in&the&river&whenever&I&wanted&to.&
W:&Did&you&catch&any&fish?
M:&We&all&caught&some&fish&but&Dad&caught&the&most.&He&caught&twenty-two&fish&in&the&seven&days&&&&&&&&that&we&were&there.&Mum&caught&six&but&my&cousin&Kathy&caught&the&biggest&one.&
W:&Yes,&but&how&many&fish&did&you&catch?
M:&I&only&caught&one&but&Mum&said&it&tasted&the&best&of&all.&
W:&It&sounds&as&if&you&had&a&great&holiday.&
M:&We&did.&I&have&to&go&now.&It’s&time&for&dinner.&
W:&What&are&you&having&for&dinner&tonight?
M:&I&don’t&know.&Anything&as&long&as&it’s&not&fish!
M:&Hello.&Mrs&White.&I&hope&you&are&feeling&better&today.&
W:&Oh,&yes.&Thank&you.&I’m&feeling&much&better&now.&The&doctor&gave&me&some&medicine.&I&think&the&fever&is&almost&gone.&
M:&That’s&good&and&you’re&looking&well.&By&the&way,&how&do&you&find&the&hospital&here?
W:&Both&the&doctors&and&nurses&are&very&nice&indeed.&
M:&Glad&to&know&that.&Are&you&allowed&to&have&some&fruit?&I’ve&bought&some&oranges.&
W:&That’s&very&kind&of&you.&
M:&Where&is&Mr.&White?
W:&He&is&not&here&at&the&moment.&But&he&has&been&staying&with&me&for&the&last&two&days.&
M:&Is&there&anything&at&all&that&I&can&do&for&you?
W:&No,&I&don’t&think&so,&thank&you.&
M:&All&right.&I’d&better&not&stay&too&long.&You&need&more&rest.&I’ll&come&again.&
W:&Please&don’t.&I’m&much&better&now.&I&know&you&are&very&busy.&
M:&If&you&need&anything,&please&do&let&me&know.&
W:&I&will.&Thank&you&for&coming&and&for&the&oranges&too.&
M:&Don’t&mention&it.&Goodbye&and&take&care&of&yourself.&
W:&Bye-bye.&
W:&Good&morning.&Today&I&am&going&to&interview&Ning&Xiao,&an&Olympic&diving&champion.&
M:&I’m&well&and&I’m&happy&to&be&here.&
W:&Can&you&tell&me&what&it&is&like&to&be&an&Olympic&champion?
M:&Yes,&being&a&champion&can&be&very&challenging&and&exhausting&because&I&train&for&five&hours&a&day:&two&hours&in&the&morning&and&three&hours&in&the&afternoon.&
W:&How&did&you&feel&before&you&competed&in&the&Olympic&Games?
M:&I&felt&vey&nervous.&I&could&feel&my&heart&beating&really&fast&inside&my&chest.&
W:&How&many&medals&did&you&win&at&the&Olympics?
M:&I&won&one&gold&and&four&bronze&medals.&
W:&Congratulations,&and&that’s&a&wonderful&achievement.&In&which&countries&have&you&competed?
M:&I&have&been&in&competitions&in&Australia,&Scotland,&Ireland&and&Japan.&My&favorite&country&is&definitely&Scotland&because&I&find&the&people&really&friendly&and&welcoming.&
W:&What&ambitions&do&you&have&for&the&future?
M:&I&would&like&to&keep&diving&for&another&five&years.&Then&I&will&retire&and&become&a&diving&coach.&I&know&that&I&will&make&a&coach&because&I&know&a&lot&about&diving&and&I&have&learnt&some&special&diving&techniques.&
W:&Thank&you&Xiao&for&speaking&with&me.&Good&luck&with&future&diving&competitions.&
Could&I&have&your&attention&please?&Thank&you.&As&I&told&you&yesterday&morning,&this&afternoon&is&our&shopping&afternoon.&If&you&look&on&the&back&page&of&your&tour&programme,&you’ll&see&a&little&map&of&the&city&center,&with&names&of&some&of&the&shops&marked.&As&you&won’t&have&too&much&time,&I’m&just&going&to&explain&to&you&what&they&sell.&We’re&now&in&the&Friendship&Shopping&Centre.&On&your&right&is&Larp’s,&a&very&good&place&for&shoes&and&boots,&rather&than&gloves,&bags,&clothes&or&others.&Opposite&that&is&Li-Ning,&a&good&place&for&sports&goods.&Not&cheap,&but&really&nice.&Next&door&to&Li-Ning&is&a&place&for&books.&They&have&got&books&on&almost&every&subject&anyone&has&ever&written&about,&airplanes&to&animals&but&Chinese&only—so&none&of&your&English&books&I’m&afraid.&If&you&walk&along,&there&are&shops&which&sell&cameras,&radios,&and&so&on,&which&you&won’t&buy,&I’m&afraid.&If&you&are&tired&or&would&like&to&have&a&nicer&cup&of&afternoon&tea,&I&suggest&Splend&Tea&Shop,&where&you&can&have&British&afternoon&tea,&with&very&good&home-made&cakes,&chocolates&and&other&things.&The&shop&is&two&blocks&away&from&here,&but&within&walking&distance.&
我的更多文章:
( 10:03:37)( 15:22:11)( 09:25:13)
已投稿到:
以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。}

我要回帖

更多关于 comme des garcons 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信