not all people like to live innot the same asplace.so

BCAB试题分析:文章主要从各个层面分析快乐和乐趣之间的本质区别,从而下结论乐趣永远代替不了快乐。1.细节题:从第二段的句子:Going to an amusement park or ball game, watching a movie or television, are fun activities that help us relax, temporarily forget our problems and maybe even laugh. 可知快乐的活动可以帮助我们放松,有时忘记我们的问题,选B2.细节题:从第三段的句子:I have often thought that if Hollywood stars have a role to play, it is to teach us that happiness has nothing to do with fun. 可知好莱坞的明星的故事告诉我们幸福不等于快乐,选C3.细节题:从第四段的句子:The way people hold on to the belief that a fun-filled, pain-free life equates happiness actually decreases their chances of ever attaining real happiness.可知人们认为幸福就是没有痛苦的快乐,这减少了人们获得幸福的可能性,选A4.写作意图题:从全篇文章和最后一段的句子:As a result, many people avoid the very efforts that are the source of true happiness. 可知作者是想告诉我们真正的幸福是什么。选B考点:考查人生百味类短文
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:学年福建省安溪一中高一下学期期中考试英语试卷(带解析)
题型:阅读理解
I grew up in a house where the TV was seldom turned on and with one wall in my bedroom entirely lined with bookshelves, most of my childhood was spent on books I could get hold of. In fact, I grew up thinking of reading as natural as breathing and books unbelievably powerful in shaping perspectives(观点)by creating worlds we could step into, take part in and live in. With this unshakable belief, I, at fourteen, decided to become a writer. Here too, reading became useful. Every writer starts off knowing that he has something to say, but being unable to find the right ways to say it. He has to find his own voice by reading widely and discovering which parts of the writers he agrees or disagrees with, or agrees with so strongly that it reshapes his own world. He cannot write without loving to read, because only through reading other people’s writing can one discover what works, what doesn’t and, in the end, together with lots of practice, what voice he has. Now I am in college, and have come to realize how important it is to read fiction. As a law student, my reading is in fact limited to subject matter — the volume(量)of what I have to read for classes every week means there is little time to read anything else. Such reading made it all the clearer to me that I live in a very small part in this great place called life. Reading fiction reminds me that there is life beyond my own. It allows me to travel across the high seas and along the Silk Road, all from the comfort of my own armchair, to experience, though secondhand, exciting experiences that I wouldn’t necessarily be able to have in my lifetime. 【小题1】What can be inferred about the author as a child?A.He never watched TV. B.He read what he had to. C.He found reading unbelievable. D.He considered reading part of his life.【小题2】The underlined word “voice” in the second paragraph most probably means _________. A.the ability to speakB.a way of writingC.a sound qualityD.a world to write about【小题3】What effect does reading have on the author?A.It opens up a wider world for him.B.It helps him to realize his dream.C.It makes his college life more interesting. D.It increases his interest in worldwide travel.【小题4】Which of the following can be the best title of this text?A.How do I read?B.What do I read?C.Why do I read?D.When do I read?
来源:学年湖南省邵阳二中高一上学期期中考试英语试卷(带解析)
Steven Jobs, the designer of Apple Computer, was not clever when he was in school. At that time, he was not a good student and he always made troubles with his schoolmates. When he went into college, he didn’t change a lot. Then he dropped out(退学). But he was full of new ideas.After he left college, Steven Jobs worked as a video game designer. He worked there for only several months and then he went to India. He hoped that the trip would give him some new ideas and give him a change in his life.Steven Jobs lived on a farm in California for a year after he returned from India.In 1975, he began to make a new type of computer. He designed the Apple Computer with his friend in his garage. He chose the name “Apple” just because it could help him to remember a happy summer he once spent in an apple tree garden.His Apple Computer was so successful that Steven Jobs soon became famous all over the world. He often said, “I live in order to change the world, there aren’t any other reasons. The only way to have a great achievement is to love your own career. If you can’t find your favorite career, go on looking for it and never give up.”This is Steven Jobs, though he is dead, his spirit and achievements still influence our lives.【小题1】Steven Jobs was not a good student in school because he ________.A.never did his lessonsB.dropped outC.always made troubles with his schoolmatesD.he was full of new ideas【小题2】Why did Steven Jobs go to India? A.Because he wanted to be a video game designer.B.Because he wanted to get some new ideas.C.Because he wanted to make a new type of computer.  D.Because he wanted to have a happy summer.【小题3】Steven Jobs was famous for his ________ all over the world.A.new ideas  B.Apple Computer  C.video gamesD.saying【小题4】From this passage we know Steven Jobs ________.A.didn’t finish his studies in the college because he hated his schoolmatesB.liked traveling in India and CaliforniaC.liked trying new things and making his new ideas come trueD.thought he had many reasons to live in the world【小题5】Which of the following sentences is NOT true according to this passage?A.The only way to have a great achievement is to love your career.B.The name “Apple” helped Jobs to remember a happy summer in an apple tree garden.C.If you can’t find the career you love, give it up and try another one.D.People remember Jobs because of his achievements.
来源:学年江苏省涟水中学高一下学期期末考试英语试卷(带解析)
I live in a very over populated beach area in the Los Angeles, and I love the beautiful scenery! But because of many people, lots of things are easy to be out of order, and sometimes it’s also easy to lose your cool. Today was a day I wish I did not get out of bed. I mean that if I did not have to wake up and deal with all the things that I deal with on a daily basis, it would have been wonderful.
I had a cup of coffee this morning and that was my meal for breakfast, not healthy I know. Anyway, my stomach was sounding like a truck. So, I jumped in my car and decided to buy some food.
I was in line at Taco Bell (一家墨西哥速食店) and the line was like a long snake! Finally I got to place my order, but a young girl in nice clothes pulled in and was stuck in such a way that unless I moved for her, she wouldn’t be able to get out. So I backed up and waved her into my place in the front of the line.
To my surprise, this young girl did not say thanks. I was cool with it because I thought that I had done something nice for a change. After the girl received her food and pulled away, I pulled into the ordering spot, not mad, but hungry, and the employee said, “Hi, that girl just paid for your food.” That food was the most satisfying nourishment (营养品) my body had ever taken! If just by chance you are that person who bought my food, I should say “Thank you!” 【小题1】The underlined part in the first paragraph probably means “_____”.A.be friendly to othersB.become angryC.get warmerD.remain calm【小题2】What happened to the author according to the passage?A.He remained lying in bed all the morning. B.He didn’t feel well after drinking a cup of coffee.C.He made room for a girl who jumped the queue. D.He had a quarrel with a girl who didn’t stand in line.【小题3】How did the young girl show her thanks to the author?A.She got out of her car and said thanks.B.She drove away with her own food.C.She received her food and waved goodbye.D.She paid for the author’s food without him knowing.【小题4】The best title for the passage might be _____.A.Kindness is spreadingB.Being patient wins respectC.Being calm is important in accidentsD.Being polite can change the world
来源:2013届黑龙江齐齐哈尔实验中学高三二模英语试卷(带解析)
Recently, I experienced a wonderful lesson in how little things still mean a lot. My brother, mother and I live in a very rural district on the Big Island of Hawaii. Our farm is at least a dozen miles from the most basic of services. Consequently, we take weekly trips to COSTCO to procure fuel and supplies. About a month ago, we’d finished loading up the SUV and prepared to leave. As I settled into my seat, I glanced down at the roadside, when a piece of paper caught my eye. I picked it up and read it carefully. Instantly, I was grateful I did.
The form turned out to be a receipt from the State Motor Vehicle Division, documenting the owners’ payment of their Vehicle’s Registration fees. Quickly, I put myself in their shoes and figured: no one would throw this out, especially if it was current. I also looked over the form for contact or any personal data, perhaps a license tag or telephone number. But that seemed impractical. Although the form had been born on the wind, where in the busy, crowded parking lot would I find the owners? Had it been lying there for a few minutes or a week? So I checked the date, the fees paid, noted the names of the owners and pocketed the receipt. Recalling the parable of the Good Samaritan, I concluded that the best and easiest step to take was to put the form in an envelope addressed to the couple and send it to them by post. Further, I imagined how crazy I’d be if I had misplaced my receipt. Much easier to attempt returning it than to leave them angry, upset, etc. over the loss.
By the end of the week, I received a beautiful thank-you letter from a very grateful and happy couple containing a hand written message and a gift card to use at any Starbuck’s. In her note, the wife explained how a gust of wind snatched their receipt from a pocket in her car’s passenger door. They had panicked and searched crazily for quite some time before giving up. It felt great to know I’d helped someone avoid a major loss by doing something that at first glance seemed minor or even unimportant.【小题1】What did the author really mean when he said “Instantly, I was grateful I did.”?A.He was lucky to notice the paper on the roadside.B.He was happy to do shopping in the district for it was convenient.C.He was right to pick the paper up because it was important.D.He was thankful to pick up the paper because he found it for a long time.【小题2】Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the short passage?A.I rode my car to COSTCO to buy supplies a month ago.B.The receipt was out of date, so the owner threw it away.C.I waited on the roadside for the receipt owner for half a day.D.I called up the owner to take back the receipt.【小题3】The author decided to give the paper back to the owner because ______.A.it was useless for himB.he knew the owner was upset about losing itC.the owner asked him to do soD.he knew the owner would reward him for it【小题4】Which would be the best title for this passage?A.How I helped the coupleB.The loss of an important receiptC.The owner of the receiptD.Little things still mean a lot
来源:学年辽宁省高三上学期期末考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:短文改错
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处,每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。
增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。
删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。
修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
注意:1.每处错误及其修改均限一词。
2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。
I live in a small town. Most people here traveled
around by the bike in the past, and I learn how to ride a bike at an early age.
Recently, electric bikes have become more and more popular, so they are
convenient and can save energy. There is two in my family. One is for my mom
and the another is for my dad. They sometimes allow me to riding them when they
send me to buy something, but I seldom ride them. It doesn’t seem strangely for
children to do that. The reason where I refuse to do so is that I can’t get
used the speed of electric bikes. I prefer walking to riding it.当前位置:
>>> I live in Hollywood. You may think people in such an attra..
I live in Hollywood. You may think people in such an attractive, fun-filled place are _________ than others. If so, you have some ________ ideas about the nature of happiness.  Many intelligent people still equate(同等看待) happiness with ________. The _______ is that fun and happiness have ______ or nothing in common. Fun is what we experience during an act. Happiness is ________ we experience after an act. It is a deeper, more lasting emotion.Going to an amusement park or ball game, watching a movie or television, are fun ______ that help us relax, ________ forget our problems and maybe even ________. But they do not bring happiness, because their _______ effects end when the fun ______. I have often thought that ______ Hollywood stars have a role to ________, it is to teach us that happiness has nothing to do with fun. These rich, beautiful individuals have constant _________ to glamorous parties, fancy cars, expensive homes, everything that spells “happiness”.
But celebrities reveal(揭露) the ________hidden beneath all their fun: depression, alcoholism, drug addiction, broken marriages, troubled children and profound loneliness. The way people stick to the _______ that a fun-filled, pain-free life equates happiness actually _____ their chances of ever obtaining real happiness. If fun and pleasure are equated with happiness, then pain ______ be equated with unhappiness. But, _______, the opposite is true: More times than not, things that lead to happiness _______ some pain. As a result, many people avoid the very efforts that are the source of true happiness. They fear the pain inevitably brought by such things as marriage, raising children, professional achievement, religious commitment, civic or charitable work, and self-improvement.小题1:A.luckierB.happierC.richerD.tougher小题2:A.mistakenB.rightC.desperateD.shallow小题3:A.wealthB.fameC.funD.pleasure小题4:A.stateB.beliefC.tendencyD.truth小题5:A.a littleB.someC.littleD.much小题6:A.whichB.thatC.whatD.as小题7:A.activitiesB.occasionsC.periodsD.games小题8:A.graduallyB.temporarilyC.consequentlyD.thoroughly小题9:A.changeB.enjoyC.refreshD.laugh小题10:A.specialB.deepC.strongD.positive小题11:A.comesB.endsC.lastsD.returns小题12:A.whenB.asC.onceD.if小题13:A.playB.makeC.reachD.expect小题14:A.signatureB.participationC.accessD.appearance小题15:A.secretsB.unhappinessC.presentationD.disagreement小题16:A.prejudiceB.senseC.theoryD.belief小题17:A.reducesB.robsC.consumesD.increases小题18:A.mayB.mustC.canD.will小题19:A.as usualB.as a resultC.in factD.in a word小题20:A.abuseB.involveC.causeD.equal
题型:完形填空难度:中档来源:不详
小题1:B 小题2:A 小题3:C小题4:D小题5:C 小题6:C小题7:A小题8:B小题9:D小题10:D小题11:B小题12:D小题13:A小题14:C小题15:B小题16:D小题17:A小题18:B小题19:C小题20:B试题分析:本文主要讲述快乐并不等同于幸福。小题1:B形容词辨析A幸运的B 高兴C富有的D坚硬的。作者认为这个地方的人比其它地方的人快乐。整个文章提到幸福不等同于快乐。把握文章大意小题2:A形容词辨析 A错误的 B正确的 C 错误的D浅的 如果是这样的话,你对幸福有个错误的认识。提出作者的观点。小题3:C 名词辨析A财富B名声C有趣D高兴 根据句意,许多有智慧的人会快乐的对待幸福。延续上文的意思,并提出本段的中心。小题4:D 名词辨析A观点B 信念C趋势D 真实 事实是快乐和幸福没有什么共同之处。承上启下的作用,并在下文提出证据。小题5:C little 表示一点关系也没有,是否定词,与nothing 想到响应。 or 起到关键的作用小题6:C句子结构分析,与Fun is what we experience during an act.结构是一致的,故选what ,表语的引导词小题7:A名词辨析A行为B时刻C时期D游戏 根据句意 去公园或者看电影是快乐的行为,这个行为能帮助我们休息,暂时的忘记我们的问题,甚至能够合计我们发笑。提出证据,对事情进行叙述。小题8:B 副词辨析A 逐渐地B暂时地C因此 D完全地彻底志 根据句意来判定。小题9:D 动词辨析A改变B享受 C使恢复精力D 笑 。上下文所体现的状态。小题10:D 形容词辨析A特别的B深深地C强壮的D积极的 快乐不会带来幸福因为当他们的积极的影响结束时,而幸福也就随之结束。对幸福与快乐的关系进行梳理,让读者明白,再者的关系。小题11:B 动词辨析 与上文句子中的end 是相互响应的。上下文对比来做为题目的切入点小题12:D连词& if 引导一个条件状语从句。我曾经以为,如果一个好莱坞名星有一个角色需要扮演的话,他会告诉我们幸福与快乐无关。用例子来证明幸福与快乐的关系。小题13:A 动词辨析,固定搭配。Play a role 扮演一个角色。注意短语的应用。小题14:C 名词辨析A签名B参与C途径D 外貌 这些人们会有很多机会去参加聚会,有很多豪车豪宅,一切被称之为幸福的东西。对例子进行解说,考查对句意的理解。小题15:B名词辨析A秘密B不幸福C展示D不同意。根据句意,这些名人揭露引藏在快乐背后的不幸福,失望,酗酒,嗑药,破碎的婚姻,问题少年和深深地孤独。深层的揭露名人的背后,强调对事实的理解。小题16:D名词辨析A偏见B感觉C理论 D信念。Belief 后面跟着that引导的同位语从句。而they way跟着定从。句子结构分析,主语是the way 谓语动词是下一空的reduce 。句子难题很大,但要认真分析。小题17:A 动词辨析A减少B抢劫C消耗D减少。整个长句的意思是,人们坚持的无痛苦的生活就是幸福的观点的这种方式减少人们真正获得幸福的机会。此句是复合句,难题很大,先找出句子的主语,谓语,再逐步分出定从。小题18:B 情态动词 如果快乐等同于幸福,那么 痛苦肯定等同于不幸福。根据句意得出B项小题19:C 固定短语A象往常一样B结果C事实上D总之 。句意是,事实上,与之相反 。小题20:B 动词辨析A滥用 B涉及C导致 D相等句意是,不止一次说明,导致幸福的事情肯定会与痛苦有关系。总结性的提出作者看法。
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“ I live in Hollywood. You may think people in such an attra..”主要考查你对&&人生感悟类阅读&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
人生感悟类阅读
人生感悟类阅读的概念:
生活感悟类的文章就是指能给人心灵以启迪,使人从中受到教育的文章。这类文章的体裁可以是记叙文,如生活中一些感人故事或情感故事,有点类似心灵鸡汤一样的短文。生活感悟类阅读解题指导:
一、文章特点:生活感悟类的文章就是指能给人心灵以启迪,使人从中受到教育的文章。这类文章的体裁可以是记叙文,如生活中一些感人故事或情感故事,有点类似心灵鸡汤一样的短文。有时故事的结尾会有一句“点睛之笔”,点出全文的中心思想,就像《伊索寓言》里的寓言一样。还可能是夹叙夹议的哲理散文或生活随笔。散文随笔通常会阐述一种朴素易懂,耳熟能详的人生道理或宝贵品质。文章的结构和议论文类似,一般是总分总或总分结构。每段首句或尾句为主题句(论点),其它句子围绕主题展开论述(论据),论证方法多种多样,或举例,或引用名言,或正反对照等。二、解题技巧:针对生活感悟类文章的特点,做这类文章的完形填空时,要特别注意以下几点:1、重点理解全文的首句。如果是记叙文,找出when,where,who,what等基本要素。如果是散文随笔,充分理解文章的中心句—全文的主题。2、阅读全文的结尾段或结尾句,有助于理解文章所阐述或蕴含的哲理、感悟或忠告等。3、调动自己的背景知识和情感。这类文章不会讲大道理也不会涉及到一些很专业的知识技术领域,而是谈一些小事和简单的道理,所以如果读者能和作者产生感情上的共鸣,读者会更好地把握作者的意图态度,从而提高做题的准确度。因此,考生在平时要做一个有心人,即用心去感悟生活中发生的小事,思考人生的一些基本道理,多阅读一些短小精悍的美文,多写写自己的心情故事和对生活学习的感悟。只有平时多用心,做题时才能调动自己的背景知识和情感。
发现相似题
与“ I live in Hollywood. You may think people in such an attra..”考查相似的试题有:
409374412482438959421527426217341685小题1:B小题1:A小题1:C小题1:D略
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
来源:不详
Has anyone noticed how, with the passage of time, one’s relationship with one’s grown-up daughters and sons becomes changed? I’ve been aware of this for some time but I’m not quite sure how to deal with it.Take the kitchen sink for example.Following a family get-together at my place, I walked into the kitchen to find Kate, my daughter carefully cleaning the sink.“Don’ what are you doing that for?” I said, unhappy about the hidden criticism.“Mum,” she said, “you really ought to put your glasses on when you clean the sink. Behind the tap here was black!”But it’s not just things like kitchen sinks. Another time Kate arrived to pick me up to lunch. She looked at me and then asked, “Mum, why do you use brown eyebrow pencil when your hair is grey?”A sudden memory of her, aged 14, going to her first mixed party flooded back. She had come in to say goodbye. For a moment I thought she’d been an accident. Both eyes were black. I remember suggesting that perhaps a little less eye make-up might be more effective.Now I told her, “My hair used to be brown.”“It looks absurd.”“Mrs. Menzies had dark eyebrows with grey hair.”“Yes, but you’re not Mrs. Menzies, are you?” she said triumphantly, as if that proved her point.But a recent event made me realize that something really must be done.She had returned some for a few weeks before getting married. One evening I went out on a dinner date. By the time my companion left me at the front door, it was about 2am. As I stepped in, an angry figure in a white nightgown stopped me.“Well, what time of night is this to be coming home?” she shouted. “Where have you been? I’ve been worried sick!”Shades of the past come back to disturb me. But what should I do about all this? Nothing, probably. Maybe, after all, it’s only a stage young people are going through.小题1:The daughter thought her mother didn’t clean the kitchen sink well because of her&&&&&&& .A.lazinessB.carelessnessC.unhappinessD.poor-quality glasses小题2:From the passage we know the daughter&&&&&&&& .A.didn’t want to help with the sinkB.didn’t like brown eyebrow pencilsC.had an accident when she went to her first partyD.shouted at her mum because she came home late小题3:How does the mother feel after all these have happened?A.Shocked.B.Proud.C.Envious.D.Confused.小题4:The author writes the stories to prove that&&&&&&&& .A.their relationship became strongerB.their roles changed as time passedC.her daughter very much cared about herD.her daughter got upset as she grew up
Bob was a clever college student, but his family was poor, so he had to work after class and during his holidays to get enough money for his studies.One summer he got a job in a butcher’s shop during the day time, and another in a hospital at night. In the shop, he learned to cut and sell meat. He did so well that the butcher went into a room behind the shop to do all the accounts. In the hospital, of course, Bob was told to do only the easiest jobs. He helped to lift people and carry them from one part of the hospital to another. Both in the butcher’s shop and in the hospital, Bob had to wear white clothes.One evening in the hospital, Bob had to help to carry a woman from her bed to the operating - room. The woman already felt frightened when she thought about the operation. When she saw Bob coming to get her, she felt even more frightened."No! No!" she cried. "Not a butcher! I won’t let a butcher operate on me!" with these words ,she fainted away.小题1:根据第一段Bob was a clever college student, but his family was poor, so he had to work after class and during his holidays to get enough money for his studies.描述,可知选C.小题2:根据第二段One summer he got a job in a butcher’s shop during the day time, and another in a hospital at night.描述,可知选B.小题3:根据In the hospital, of course, Bob was told to do only the easiest jobs. He helped to lift people and carry them from one part of the hospital to another. 描述,可知选D.小题4:Bob had to work after class and during his holidays because_________.A.his father told him to make more friendsB.he wanted to become a rich manC.he couldn’t go on with his studies without enough moneyD.he had nothing to do at home.小题5:One summer Bob_________.A.wanted to become not only a butcher but also a doctor. B.got two different jobs at two placesC.was free only at nightD.worked only during the daytime小题6:In the hospital, Bob’s job was_________.A.to take care of the wounded soldiersB.to give the doctor’s adviceC.to find out what was wrong with the sick peopleD.to carry the sick people from one place to another
题型:完形填空
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从21~40各题所给的四个选项(A.B.C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题纸上将该选项标号涂黑。The subway train moved back and forth, its wheels producing more loud sounds than ever against the tracks. Outside the window was just the &21 &cold of winter. The carriage was filled with frozen self-centered, bored &22 . Suddenly a little boy &23 &his way in between grown-up legs. &24 &his father stayed by the door, the boy sat next to the window, surrounded by &25 , half-awake adults. What a brave child, I thought. As the train entered a tunnel (隧洞), something totally &26 &happened. The little boy slid down from his seat and put his &27 &on my knee. For a moment, I thought that he wanted to go &28 &me and returned to his father, so I moved a bit. But instead of moving on, the boy held his &29 &up towards me. He wanted to tell me something, I thought. I &30&&to listen to what he had to say. Wrong &31 ! He kissed me softly on the cheek. Then he returned to his &32 , settled down and cheerfully started looking out of the window. But I was &33. What happened? A kid kissing an unknown grown-up on the train? To my amazement, the kid &34 &to kiss all my neighbors.&Nervous and puzzled, we looked questioningly at his father. “He’s so happy to be &35 .” the father said. “He’s been very sick.” The train stopped and the father and son got down and &36 &into the crowd. The doors closed. On my cheek I could still &37 &the child’s kiss -- a kiss that had caused &38 &soul-searching. How many grown-ups go around kissing each other &39 &the joy of being alive? How many even give much thought to the privilege of living? What would happen &40 &we all just started being ourselves? The little boy has given us a sweet but serious lesson: Don’t let yourself die before your heart stops!小题1:A.greatB.freezingC.strong D.strange小题2:A.driversB.boysC.adults D.passengers小题3:A.pushedB.leftC.gotD.felt小题4:A.AsB.SinceC.IfD.While小题5:A.politeB.unfriendlyC.rudeD.strange小题6:A.interestingB.nervousC.unexpectedD.exciting小题7:A.handB.faceC.fingerD.mouth小题8:A.beforeB.beyondC.withD.past小题9:A.handB.luggageC.headD.ticket小题10:A.got offB.bent downC.fell downD.stood up小题11:A.againB.tooC.evenD.more小题12:A.fatherB.carriageC.homeD.seat小题13:A.frightenedB.excitedC.shockedD.worried小题14:A.kept onB.went onC.moved onD.tried on小题15:A.aliveB.activeC.young D.awake小题16:A.lostB.joined C.disappearedD.rushed小题17:A.getB.findC.knowD.feel小题18:A.someB.anyC.everyD.no小题19:A.forB.fromC.atD.by小题20:A.afterB.unlessC.ifD.when
How would you like an easy way to earn 2,500 dollars? All you have to do is to sit around and wait for your meals.There’s catch, however.You have to stay in a chicken cage with a stranger for a whole week.There are no books or television or radio for amusement.You can’t leave until the week is up.And a camera will be recording your every move.Two people actually took the job.The idea came from Rob Thompson, a video artist.He wanted to make a film about the way animals are treated.His goal was to raise people’s awareness of the living conditions of animals that are raised for food.He decided to pay $ 5000 out of his own savings to two people who were willing to lie like chicken for a week.To Rob’s surprise, quite a few people answered his advertisement.He had interviews and selected Eric, a 24-year-old restaurant worker, and Pam, a 27-year-old chemist.The plan was for them to spend seven days together in a chicken cage that was six feet long and three feet wide.A camera would record their experience, which would take place in an art museum.The week was long and difficult.They slept on a hard wooden floor.They couldn’t stand up without banging(重击)their heads.They ate vegetarian mash(土豆泥)and drank water from a garden hosepipe(水龙头软管).Their only privacy was a toilet surrounded by a curtain.There were no sinks, mirrors, or toothbrushes in the cage.Their only inspiration was the two framed checks that hung on the wall outside the cage.Visitors who came here were warned, “Do not food the humans.”Finally it was over, Pam and Eric emerged from their cage.They had survived the week, and they each had a $2,500 check in their hands.When Rob Thompson opened the cage, Eric came out, changed into clean clothes, and ate a chocolate bar right away.“It’s great to be able to stand up,” he said.Pam just changed her clothes and left.After a week of visitors and reporters watching her, she didn’t want to talk to anyone.小题1:What kind of person is Rob Thompson?A.He is curious about people’s personal life.B.He is kind-hearted to animals.C.He hates people around.D.He likes to help poor people.小题2:What made it most difficult for the two to stay in the cage?A.They didn’t know each other.B.They couldn’t lie down to sleep in the cage.C.They didn’t have meat to eat.D.They had to do almost everything under others’ eyes.小题3:Rob offered the money because he wanted________.A.to see if there were any people who would like to live in a cageB.to show the public how bitter animals’ life could beC.to make more money by publishing the recorded video tapesD.to improve housing conditions of working people like Eric小题4:Which of the following would be the best title for this passage?A.Easy Way to Earn $ 2 500.B.Do Not Feed the Humans.C.Living Like a Chicken.D.Getting Along Well Anyway.
My dad was never the kind to offer many words of love or encouragement. But we knew he loved us... he just had his own way of showing it. When I was a teen, we were seasonal campers at a family campground almost an hour outside the city where we lived. Each family had their own campsite with water and electric, and you basically parked your camper there from May through October. Most "Seasonals" visited them every weekend during those months, with the occasional weeklong stay. There were plenty of other kids who camped seasonally each weekend, and they came to be some of my closest friends. Of course, many of them were boys. We kids paired up with our little boyfriends or girlfriends, and we'd hold hands as we'd walk around the campground. We'd play ping-pong, have some snacks, and play songs. Most weekends were pretty similar, but the couples would change. You'd see so-and-so with a different so-and-so than they were with the weekend before. You know how it is when you're a teen — a three-week relationship is a really long time. So, needless to say, my teen years were spent with quite a few different boys. But every single one of them had something in common... they'd all received The Evil Eye. The Evil Eye was a magical sort of thing. One simple look from my dad, and the boy immediately knew not to mess with me. It was as if he could send his warnings through invisible laser(激光)beams that shot directly from his eyes to the boys' brains. "You will not put your hands on my daughter... You will not kiss my daughter... You will not even whisper sweet nothings into my daughter's ear." I remember one night in particular, walking with a boy around the campground after dark. We came from one direction, and my dad from the other. The boy and my dad locked eyes for a brief second, then the boy dropped my hand like a hot potato and turned away, giving me a quick, "See ya later." Yes, the Evil Eye. Best way ever to keep wandering teen boy hands away from your daughters.&&小题1:The Evil Eye in the passage implies that__________.A.Dad gets angry easilyB.Dad’s eyes are like evil’sC.Dad’s eyes are ugly-lookingD.Dad’s eyes are protective to his daughter小题2:The underlined words “mess with” in paragraph 5 most probably means_________.A.cause troubleB.make untidyC.get married toD.talk to小题3:A.As teenagers, we went camping every weekend.B.We made lots of friends during the seasonal camping.C.We had regular boyfriends or girlfriends and enjoyed ourselves.D.The boy dropped my hand and turned away because he loved The Evil Eye.小题4:It can be inferred from the passage that the author ___________.A.is a teenage girl who loves her fatherB.is a teenage boy who hates his fatherC.is now an adult who has come to understand her father’s loveD.used to be a naughty boy who changed girlfriends now and then
THE BRONTE FAMILYYorkshire, England was the setting for two great novels (小说) of the 19th century. These were Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre and Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights. The youngest sister, Anne, was also a gifted novelist, and her books have the same extraordinary quality as her sisters’.Their father was Patrick Bronte, born in Ireland. He moved with his wife, Maria Bronte, and their six small children to Haworth in Yorkshire in 1820. Soon after, Mrs. Bronte and the two eldest children died, leaving the father to care of the remaining three girls and a boy.Charlotte was born in 1816. Emily was born in 1818 and Anne in 1820. Their brother Branwell was born in 1817. Left to themselves, the children wrote and told stories and walked over the hills. They grew up largely self-educated. Branwell showed a great interest in drawing. The girls were determined to earn money for his art education. They took positions as teachers or taught children in their homes. As children they had all written many stories. Charlotte, as a young girl, alone wrote 22 books, each with 60 to 100 pages of small handwriting. Therefore, they turned to writing for income. By 1847, Charlotte had written The P Emily, Wuthering H and Anne, Agnes Grey. After much difficulty Anne and Emily found a publisher(出版商), but there was no interest shown in Charlotte’s book. (It was not published until 1859.) However, one publisher expressed an interest in seeing more of her works. Jane Eyre was already started, and she hurriedly finished it. It
thus each of the sisters had a book published in 1847.Jane Eyre was im the other two, however, did not do so well. People did not like Wuthering Heights. They said it was too wild, too animal-like. But gradually it came to be considered one of the finest novels in the English language. Emily lived only a short while after the publication of the book, and Anne died in 1849.Charlotte published Shirley in 1849, and Villette in 1853. In 1854 she married Arthur Bell Nicholls. But only a year later, she died of tuberculosis(肺结核) as her sisters had.小题1:We know from the text that&&&&& .A.Jane Eyre was published in 1847B.Charlotte Bronte wrote 22 books in allC.the Bronte sisters received good educationD.Patrick Bronte helped his daughters with their writing小题2:The underlined words “the other two” in the 5 th paragraph refer to&&&&& .A.Shirley and VilletteB.The Professor and Agnes GreyC.Agnes Grey and Wutheriing HeightsD.The Professor and wuthering Heights小题3: What do we know about the Bronte sisters from the text?A.Their novels interested few publishers.B.None of them had more than two books published.C.None of them lived longer than 40 years old.D.Emily was the least successful of the three.
My grandfather worked as a carpenter. On this particular day, he was building some crates(木箱)for the clothes his church was sending to an orphanage in Brazil. On his way home, he found his glasses were gone. When he mentally replayed his earlier actions, he realized what happened. The glasses had slipped out of his pocket and fallen into one of the crates. His new glasses were heading for Brazil!The Great Depression was at its height, and Grandpa had six children. He had spent twenty dollars for those glasses that very morning.“It’s not fair,” he thought as he walked home angrily. “I’ve been very faithful in giving my time and money to my work, and now this.”Several months later, the director of the orphanage came to the United States. He wanted to visit all the churches that supported him, so he came to my grandfather’s small church in Chicago. He began by thanking the people for their kindness in supporting the orphanage. “But most of all,” he said, “ I must thank you for the glasses you sent last year. You see, some people had just come to the orphanage, destroying everything, including my glasses. I was desperate. Even if I had the money, there was simply no way of replacing those glasses. Along with not being able to see well, I experienced headaches every day, so my coworkers and I were very worried about this. Then your crates arrived. When I removed the covers, I found a pair of glasses lying on top.”He paused long enough to let his words sink in. Then, he continued: “When I tried on the glasses, it was as though they had been made just for me!” The people listened, happy for the miraculous glasses. But they thought it was strange because there were no glasses on their list of items to be sent overseas.Sitting quietly in the back, with tears streaming down his face, my grandfather, an ordinary carpenter realized his glasses had found a good place to go.小题1:The& underlined word “miraculous”(Paragraph 6)can be replaced by&&&&&&&&& .A.practicalB.wonderfulC.necessaryD.important小题2: What would be the best title for the text?A.The Perfect Mistake.B.An Ordinary Carpenter.C.A Careless Old Man.D.A Pair of Glasses.
Directions: The following people are expressing their thoughts (1--4) to show their concern for food, environment and so on. After that are pieces of related information (A--E). Now decide which piece of information would be most suitable for the thought and idea mentioned in questions1---4 and mark your answer letter (A---E) on your answer sheet. There is one extra paragraph which you do not need to use.______小题1: How I was struck by the clear water and fresh air in my childhood! But everything has changed, that is, the clear water and fresh air are nowhere to be found again as they were. Above all, a great deal of waste hardly rots away._____小题2:More and more people are beginning to have a good knowledge of the importance of a safer and cleaner environment, which in turn forces the business to be cleaned up.____小题3: I’m very much fond of growing some vegetables of my own in my small garden, for many vegetables on sale in markets are actually becoming more and more dangerous as a result of widespread pesticides.____小题4: Nowadays it is very convenient for consumers to find and buy green food in supermarkets as they are clearly marked.A.“Organic produce is always better,” Gold said. “The food is free of pesticides, and you are generally supporting family farms instead of large farms. And more often than not it is locally grown and seasonal, so it is more tasty.” Gold is one of a growing number of shoppers buying into the organic trend, and supermarkets across Britain are counting on more like him as they grow their organic food business.B.The concern for a safer and cleaner environment is making companies rethink how they do business. No longer will the public accept the old attitude of “Buy it, use it, throw it away, and forget it.” The public pressure is on, and gradually business is cleaning up its act.[C.Many cities around the world today are heavily polluted. Careless methods of production and lack of consumer demand for environment-friendly products have contributed to the pollution problem. One result is that millions of tons of glass, paper, plastic, and metal containers are produced, and these are difficult to get rid of.D.Only a few years ago, it was impossible to find green products in supermarkets, but now there are hundreds. Some supermarket products carry labels (标签) to show that the product is green. Some companies have made the manufacturing (制造) of clean and safe products their main selling point and emphasize it in their advertising.E. Market research shows that Gold and others who buy organic food can generally give clear reasons for their preferences - but their knowledge of organic food is far from complete. For example, small amounts of pesticides can be used on organic products. And about three quarters of organic food in Britain is not local but imported to meet growing demand. “The demand for organic food is increasing by about one third every year, so it is a very fast-growing market,” said Sue Flock, a specialist in this line of business.}

我要回帖

更多关于 people like us歌词 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信