中考英语:His father is in bed h( ),so he has to look after是什么意思 him.

您所在位置: &
&nbsp&&nbsp&nbsp&&nbsp
中考名师复习英语人教第42讲词汇运用.ppt46页
本文档一共被下载:
次 ,您可免费全文在线阅读后下载本文档
文档加载中...广告还剩秒
需要金币:100 &&
你可能关注的文档:
··········
··········
一、根据句意及汉语提示完成单词。 2014,南充
1.They have made a ________ 决定
to build a big factory here. 2.If you want to become a good Marathon athlete,you must practice __________ 跑步
every day. 3.―What do you think of the fish? ―Oh,it ________ 尝起来
good. 4.Mom,I'm _________ 饥饿的
now. 5.Mary is sitting ___________ 安静地
in the corner. 二、根据句意及首字母提示完成单词。 2014,黄石
6.Tom was late for class yesterday.When he come into the class,all of us were ___________the question. 7.The Changjiang River is the third longest river in the world.So far many ___________have been built over it. 8.Though Jack and Mike are twin brothers,they behave and speak quite ____________. 9.The film was so __________that I felt sleepy when I saw it yesterday evening. 10.Many companies use e-mail in their offices,so it is easy for people to __________________with one another. 三、根据句意,选择方框中单词或短语并用其适当形式填空。 2014,河北
11.Linda is the big __________of the car race. 12.Art is my ________class in the timetable today. 13.We should always speak __________to our parents. 14.Jim ___________the TV and watched the football game. 15.Mr.Zhang owns a teahouse.It ________tea in special bowls. 四、用方框中所给单词的适当形式填空,使短文通顺、正确、连续,每个单词限用一次。 2014,兰州
when,I,happy,a n ,leave,useless,for,minute,how,shout One day,all feelings were on vacation on an island,and each was having __16__ good time.Suddenly,there's a warning of a strong storm,so all rushed to their boats.Yet,Love didn't wish to run away quickly.But as the clouds darkened,Love realized it was time __17__.But there were no boats to use.Love looked around with hope. Just then Richness was passing by.Love asked,“Richness,can you take me with you?”Richness answere
正在加载中,请稍后...新版 中考英语单选1000题_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
喜欢此文档的还喜欢
新版 中考英语单选1000题
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢中考英语完形填空(附答案)
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
中考英语完形填空(附答案)
作者:佚名 资料来源:网络 点击数: &&&
中考英语完形填空(附答案)
文章来源莲 山课件 w ww.5 Y
It was the afternoon of April 1. The bell rang __1__ the end of school. The students __2__ their books into their bags. They were ready __3__ home.
Just at the moment, their English teacher came into the classroom and said to them, “Hello, boys and girls. Now go over the English lessons, and we'll have a test __4__ half an hour.” &__5__ these words, she left.
The students looked at each other in surprise. How sudden! The teacher had never told them they would have a test, yet they took out their English books and began to work hard.
They studied and studied. It was getting dark, __6__ the teacher hadn’t come yet!
The monitor went out to the teachers’ office. __7__ minutes later, the English teacher came in with a smile. But she had __8__ in her hand!
“I’m sorry, but do you know __9__?” she said.
After the students heard this, they couldn’t help __10__ and saying “April Fools!”
B. were put
C. would put
D. were putting
A. Without
D. A little
A. something
B. nothing
C. everything
D. anything
A. what day is today
B. what day today is
C. what’s the date
D. what the date is
B. to laugh
C. laughed
D. laughing
There is good news for the children in the countryside. We may still remember the girl __1__ big eyes. Her big eyes are __2__ us her dream: I wish to __3__! In China, there are still __4__ girls and boys like her. They want to go to school, but their __5__ are too poor. If the family has two or three children, it is hard to __6__ the money for all the children. So the parents often ask __7__ to stay at home, and boys to go to school.
Now they needn’t __8__ the money. From 2006 on, children can go to school for free in some poor places. They don’t have to pay for books and other things. Some of them can even get money from the government to make their life __9__. Soon, all the children in the countryside can go to school for free. All families are very happy with the news. It is __10__ great.
B. telling
C. speaking
D. talking
A. go to work
B. go to bed
C. go to school
D. go home
C. a lot of
A. schools
D. families
A. teachers
D. all the children
A. look up
B. turn on
C. worry about
D. make sure
B. shorter
Secrets are everywhere in the world outdoors. Quite a lot of people are busy __1__ them because they are so interesting. All __2__ us are birds, animals, trees and flowers. The facts about how they live and grow are as interesting as anything could be.
Do you know that one of the great presidents of the U.S.A. spent hours and hours studying birds? A businessman who lives near New York City became so interested in insects that he began to __3__ them. He now has over one thousand different kinds carefully kept in glass boxes.
Come __4__ me, and I will help you find some of nature’s secrets. Let’s go quickly __5__ the woods and fields. Here we shall find how a rabbit __6__ the other rabbits that there is danger. We shall follow a mother bear and her young ones as they search for food and get ready for their long winter __7__. We shall watch bees dancing in air to let the other bees know where they can find food. I will show you __8__ interesting things, but the best thing that I can teach you is to keep eyes __9__ when you go __10__. Nature tells her secrets only to people who look and listen carefully.
A. searching
B. keeping
C. studying
D. looking for
D. besides
A. capture
C. collect
A. through
C. holiday
A. other many
B. many other
C. some others
D. much other
C. listening
C. between
An old carpenter(木匠) is ready to retire(退休). He tells his boss he is going to leave the house-building business and live a happy life with his wife.
The boss is __1__ to see his good worker go and asks if he can build just one more house as a personal favor(按个人的心愿). The carpenter says yes, but __2__ is easy to see that his heart is not in his work this time. He works very __3__.
When the carpenter __4__ his work, the boss comes to see the house. He hands the front-door key to the carpenter.
“This is your house,” he says, “my gift to you.” The carpenter is __5__! What a shame! If he knows he is building his own house, he is sure to do it very carefully.
So it is with us, we build our lives every day. We often put __6__ our best into the building. Then to our surprise we realize we have to live in the house we have built. If we can do it again, we will do it very carefully. __7__ we cannot go back.
You are the carpenter. Each day you hammer a nail, place a board, or put up a wall. “__8__ is a do-it-yourself project,” someone has said. Your attitudes(态度) and __9__ choices you make today, build the “house” you live __10__ tomorrow. Build wisely!
C. the boss
D. the carpenter
A. carefully
B. carelessly
C. looks for
D. finishes
B. surprised
C. satisfied
A. more than
B. less than
C. no more than
D. no less than
C. Carpenter
Some __1__ people are worrying about acnes(青春痘) on their faces, and some are worrying about their figures. Do you know what __2__ the secret of beauty is? __3__ smile and health, and then you may find the answer.
Maybe you are not __4__ with your big nose, your small eyes or your weight. Don't waste energy and feelings on the way you look. In fact when you become an __5__ and look at pictures of your past time, you will find how cute you are.
__6__ is the best way to make you beautiful. When people are happy, they look nice. When people smile or laugh from the __7__ of their hearts, they look very beautiful.
Don't worry about your weight too much. Don't __8__ food for it. No one can live __9__ health. So you need to drink lots of water, eat a healthy diet and do enough exercise.
When you accept what you have __10__ and enjoy them, you will really become pretty “inside and out”.
A. on the earth
B. in the earth
C. on earth
D. in earth
A. Think out
B. Think up
C. Think over
D. Think of
A. satisfied
B. satisfy
C. satisfying
D. satisfactory
B. Happying
C. Happiness
D. Happiest
B. receive
A. without
C. hasn’t
James is a Middle School student. He likes __1__ and hopes to be a pop star. He often __2__ some books about music and wears some strange clothes. And his hair is so __3__ that somebody thinks he’s a girl.
One day the teacher __4__ something on the blackboard. But the young man couldn't __5__ anything. He was afraid and went to a __6__ after school. There were many people in the waiting room. He had to __7__. When it was his turn, he came in the doctor’s __8__.
“What's wrong with you, miss?” asked the doctor.
“Sorry, sir,” James said with a __9__ face. “I’m a boy. I have poor sight(视力) this week.”
“Go to the barber’s(理发店) first, young man,” said the doctor. “I can't find your __10__ at all.”
A. playing
B. swimming
C. studying
D. singing
D. touches
D. counted
B. listen to
D. look at
D. hospital
A. bedroom
D. classroom
Ayers Rock is right in the center of Australia. It's nearly two thousand kilometers __1__ Sydney, so we flew most of the way. It was rather cloudy __2__. But after we left the mountains behind us, there was hardly a cloud in the sky. Most of the land below __3__ sand, though dad told me it is greener than you think. “There are a lot of sheep down there,” he said, “but __4__ people!”
Ayers Rock is a large, low mountain. The day after we arrived, we got up early in the morning before the sun __5__. We started climbing up before it was light. It gets too hot for climbing later. Lower down, __6__ Ayers Rock, most of the ground is covered with forest and grass, and there are even __7__ small rivers. But when you climb higher, you’ll find nothing grows there at all. We didn’t reach the top __8__ it was too hot. __9__ is sand. In the evening, when the sun goes down, the sand is almost red. The sky is red too, so it is very, very beautiful. __10__ we only stayed there for a few days, we had a great time.
A. at first
B. at last
D. in the end
B. looked as
C. looked like
A. almost any
B. almost many
D. hardly any
D. was rising
A. at the top of
B. on top of
C. at the foot of
D. on foot of
A. a little
B. and yet
D. because
A. Around all it
B. All around it
C. It around all
D. All it around
In the future, scientists would put very small computers in our heads. This can help people a lot. __1__ these small computers, the people with ear diseases will be able to hear. And the people with eye diseases can __2__. These small computers will not be just for __3__ people. Most of us will have these computers to make our life __4__. For example, if we have it, we can think __5__ and we can remember more things.
For students, computers can do __6__ things. Maybe in the near future students __7__ schoolbags. They just need to carry a small computer to __8__, because the textbooks, exercise books, and notebooks are all in the computer. The teachers will check students’ homework with computers, __9__. But this can give another problem, because __10__ will be easier for students to copy each other’s homework.
Everything will be possible. We never know what will happen.
A. Because
C. Because of
D. Thank to
A. to hear
A. more clearly
B. clearly
D. clearer
C. lots of
A. needn’t
B. will need
C. will not need
D. don’t need
C. factory
C. as well as
__1__ November 21, you have to do one thing ― say “hello” to everybody you meet. __2__? Because it is World Hello Day! People all over the world will try to say “hi” to __3__ 10 people.
World Hello Day __4__ in 1973. At that time, Israel(以色列) and Egypt __5__ fighting a war. The day was used __6__ a way to help stop the war.
A “hello” might be easy, but it has the great function to help bring peace. The __7__ people say hello to each other, the __8__ they will fight.
So, go out and say hello to people you do not __9__ talk to. Or you could learn how to say “hello” in a __10__ language!
B. the least
C. at the least
D. at least
A. was begun
D. was began
B. unusual
C. unusually
D. usually
Can we live without salt? No. Salt is very important to us. We need salt __1__ our lives. Animals need it, __2__.
__3__ of the salt in our country comes from the sea. People make great pools and then __4__ them with sea water. When the sun __5__ the water, people can get salt __6__ the ground. The salt is white, clean and beautiful.
There __7__ salt here and there in our country. People in Sichuan get salt from wells(井) and people in Jiangxi get salt from salt mines(矿). In northwest part of our country, people can get salt from __8__.
In our country there’s __9__ salt and so we needn’t buy salt from other countries. Salt is cheap, but it’s very __10__ and important.
B. lift up
B. takes away
C. dries up
D. drives off
D. salt lakes
C. plenty of
D. quite a few
A. useless
C. interesting
D. interested
Henry was not good at math. Even when the teacher explained something a second time, he still couldn’t __1__ it.
“Never mind. I’ll sit next to the boy who’s the best at __2__,” Henry thought, “and __3__ his answers.”
The day of the exam came, and Henry sat next to Allan, who was __4__ at the top of the class in math. Henry copied Allan’s answers onto his own exam paper. At the end of the exam, the teacher said, “Well, boys and girls, I’ve decided to give a red star to the student who got the highest grade. It’s __5__ for me to decide who I’ll give the star to, however, __6__ two students, Henry and Allan, got the __7__ grade.” After a moment she went on, “But I’ve decided to give the star to __8__ this time.”
Henry was __9__ when he heard this. He stood up and said, “But I got the same grade as Allan, madam.”
“That’s true.” The teacher said. “However, Allan’s answer to Question 6 was ‘I don’t know.’ , but __10__ was ‘Nor do I.’ .”
C. remember
D. understand
A. English
C. science
D. Chinese
D. sometimes
C. unusual
D. important
D. because
D. different
D. anybody
C. pleased
D. worried
D. others’
Kunming is the capital of Yunnan. It’s a city with a long history. Though the weather in Yunnan changes from place to place, Kunming __1__ her beautiful weather. It’s neither too hot in summer not too cold in winter. That’s why __2__ people like to travel and even to live there. You can see that great __3__ have taken place there. A lot of tall buildings, cinemas and hospital __4__. You can cross the streets __5__ footbridges(人行桥) in the city. You can buy whatever you want in shops and supermarkets in or around the city. People’s lives are becoming __6__.
At weekends or on holidays, people like to relax themselves in different places and in different ways. In winter, people, especially old people, would like __7__ the Western Hill. From the top of the hill, you can have a good __8__ the beautiful scenery of Kunming. Far away from the hill, you can enjoy the Sleeping Beauty(睡美人) among the hills. After supper, families take a walk along the bank of Dianchi Lake. The Golden Temple and EXPO Garden are two famous places of interest in the north of the city. You can spend a whole day __9__ the world-famous garden. A little further away from the southeast of the city, a special forest welcomes you. It is not a tree forest, but a stone forest. So it is called Stone Forest.
People in Kunming are really __10__ . They often invite their friends home to try delicious food, like rice noodles. If you want to know more about Kunming and taste the food there, please pay a visit to Kunming!
A. is famous at
B. is famous for
C. is famous of
D. is famous to
A. so many
B. so much
D. a little
A. chances
B. changes
A. has put up
B. have put up
C. has been put up
D. have been put up
A. good and good
B. better and better
C. bad and bad
D. worse and worse
B. to climb
C. climbing
D. climbed
B. look at
C. visiting
D. to visit
B. friendship
C. friendly
D. friendless
Jeff Keith has only one leg. When he was only twelve years old, Jeff had cancer. Doctors had to __1__ off most of his right leg.
Every day Jeff puts on an artificial leg(假肢). The leg is plastic. With the plastic leg, Jeff can ski, ride a bicycle, swim, and play soccer. He can also run.
Jeff made a plan with his friends who had plastic legs, __2__. They decided to __3__ across America. They all wore special T-shirts. On it was “Run, Jeff, Run, Jeff Keith’s Run Across America”.
Jeff Keith ran across the United States from the east to the west __4__ he was twenty-two years old. He started running in Boston. Seven __5__ later, he stopped running in Los Angeles. He ran 3,200 miles. Jeff wore out thirty-six pairs __6__ running shoes and five plastic legs. Jeff __7__ in cities on the way to Los Angeles. In every city people gave Jeff money. The money was not for Jeff, __8__ for the American Cancer Society. The Society used the money to help people know more about cancer.
On the way to Los Angeles, Jeff talked to people about __9__. Jeff is disabled, but he can do many things. He finished college and is studying to be a lawyer. Jeff says, “People can do __10__ they want to do. I want people to know that. I ran not only for disabled people. I ran for everybody.”
D. neither
B. because
D. minutes
A. reached
B. studied
C. stopped
D. started
C. society
D. America
C. nothing
D. anything
The earth is our home. We must take care of it. Life today is easier than it was __1__ years ago, but it has brought some new problems. One of the biggest problems is pollution. We can see it, smell it, drink it and even hear it.
Man has polluted the __2__. The more people, the more pollution. Many years ago, the problem was not so serious because there were not so __3__ people. When the land was used up or the river was not clean in a place, man went to __4__ place. Now man is slowly polluting the whole world.
__5__ pollution is still the most serious, it’s bad for __6__ things in the world. Many countries don’t let people burn __7__ for air in the houses and factories in the city. Pollution by SO2&is now the most dangerous kind of air pollution. It’s caused by heavy traffic. People say it’s __8__ to ride bikes. When you are riding, there is no pollution. But even in developed countries, most people don’t go to work by bike. It’s not because bikes are expensive or people are tired if they ride to work. It’s because the number of cars on the roads becomes larger. So more people __9__ their bikes and go to work by car, then things are getting worse and worse. We should have special roads only for bikes and make it __10__ difficult and expensive for drivers to take their cars into the city that they will go back to using their bikes.
A. hundred
B. hundreds of
C. hundred of
D. hundreds
B. the others
C. the other
D. another
A. something bad
B. bad something
C. something good
D. good something
B. look at
C. put away
D. look up
A generation gap(代沟) has become a serious problem. I read a __1__ about it in the newspaper. Some children have killed themselves after quarrels with __2__. I think this is because they don’t often have a talk with each other. Parents now __3__ more time in the office, __4__ they don't have much time to stay with their children. As time passes, they both feel that they don't have the __5__ topic to talk about. I want to tell parents to be more with your __6__, get to know them and __7__ them. And for children, show your __8__ to your parents. They are the people who love you. So __9__ them your thoughts(想法). In this way, you __10__ have a better understanding of each other.
A. message
A. friends
B. teachers
C. classmates
D. parents
A. because
A. interesting
A. business
B. children
A. get on with
B. look after
C. understand
A. interest
C. trouble
D. feelings
Swimming is very popular __1__. People like swimming in summer __2__ water makes people feel __3__. __4__ you must be careful when you go swimming. Don’t go swimming in a wrong place, it may not be safe. Don’t go swimming alone, __5__.
Before you __6__ water, you must get __7__ ready. Do some warming-up(热身) exercise. When you are in water, always stay in a place where people can __8__you. Don't go swimming in the deep water. Maybe you think that you are __9__ at swimming anywhere at any time, but don't forget safety is __10__ thing!
A. in winter
B. in autumn
C. in summer
D. in spring
B. because
C. neither
A. get into
B. yourself
D. yourselves
A. enough good
B. good enough
D. all right
A. important
B. the important
C. more important
D. the most important
In the US a shopping center is a place __1__ many different shops and stores are collected under one roof(屋顶). You can buy everything you __2__ there.
There are other places which are called five-and-ten-cent stores __3__ they used to sell things for five or ten cents. Today they sell __4__ anything and some of the things cost several dollars. Supermarkets are found __5__ all the cities. They sell food and many __6__ goods(商品). You walk around the supermarket, choose the things you want, put them in a special basket __7__ by the store and pay __8__ them all together at the door. Supermarkets often stay __9__ and are closed later than the other places. Stores are always open every day of the week __10__ on Sunday. Some are also open on Sunday in July And August.
B. dislike
C. because
D. outside
A. wonderful
B. expensive
A. prepared
C. opening
D. closing
A. besides
Typhoon(台风) in the northern part of the world have __1__ names. __2__ they have very beautiful names. Rose is a pretty name but there was nothing pretty about Typhoon Rose. It was the __3__ typhoon to hit Hong Kong in ten years.
It began to rain __4__ the morning of Monday, August 16th, 1971. At ten o’clock in the morning, Typhoon Rose was still 130 miles away but already the wind was blowing people’s umbrella away. The wind became stronger and __5__. The typhoon shelters(避风港) were soon __6__ of boats. Ships that were too big to go inside the shelters put down more anchors(锚). Some very big ships went out to sea. It is safer for a big ship to be at sea in a typhoon because it cannot __7__ onto rocks. Kai Tak Airport closed. __8__ planes were able to take off or land. At 9:00 in the evening, all the lights went out.
No one slept well that night. It is difficult to sleep in __9__ bad weather.
In Typhoon Rose, more than one hundred people died. 229 people were hurt and 66 of these had to go to hospital, 1500 lost their homes. The people of Hong Kong will not quickly __10__ Typhoon Rose!
D. girls’
A. Sometime
B. Sometimes
C. Some time
D. Some times
A. stronger
C. strongest
D. strongly
B. be blew
D. be blown
A. remember
Liu Xiang won China its first Olympic gold metal in a men’s track and field(田径) event. He took the __1__ place in the 110-meter hurdles(跨栏) in last __2__ Athens Olympic Games.
His success __3__ years of hard work. To win an Olympic medal, Liu practiced __4__ for hours everyday.
Having good self-control helped __5__ keep working hard towards his goals. Liu always told himself, “My goal is to __6__ the world champion.”
In his free time, Liu’s favorite thing to do was playing __7__. After a hard day of training, Liu loved to play computer games __8__ his teammates.
Some of his teammates were addicted(上瘾的) to games and would stay up all __9__ playing. The next morning, they would be very __10__ and could hardly run.
A. looked up
B. came from
C. turned into
D. gave away
C. running
A. basketball
B. volleyball
C. computer games
D. table tennis
B. morning
C. afternoon
C. excited
D. stressed
When we see a cigarette box, we'll see “Smoking is harmful to your health” on it. Children __1__ to smoke by their parents or teachers. But in many countries __2__ is becoming a bigger problem for young people. Most __3__ start in their teens or earlier.
Lin, 15, is a Junior Two student at Chengdu No. 1 Middle School. He has been smoking for five years. “Smoking is a part of my life,” he said.
Some students think smoking is very cool, and they can __4__ many people smoking around them. They want to have a try.
“If young people start smoking early, they will probably get addicted(上瘾) to nicotine. And it __5__ very hard to give up later on,” said a professor. A study shows smoking is a problem for many Chinese kids. What can we do to make them __6__?
Some people think we can make a law. People under 18 are not allowed to smoke, __7__ they should be fined(罚款). Parents should give up smoking. They can set an example __8__ their kids.
“Every year, about __9__ people die of smoking. And if people keep smoking, __10__ number will increase 10 million a year from now on,” said the World Health Organization. So we must learn and tell others about the dangers of smoking.
A. is not allow
B. are not allowed
C. don't allow
D. be allowed
C. smoking
A. smokers
B. smoking
D. smokings
A. will be
A. to stop smoking
B. stop smoking
C. to stop to smoke