下载次数:9次
资料类型:
文档大小:865KB
所属点数: 2点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 2 点,】
资料概述与简介
课后达标检测7 Unit 1 The world of our senses
(建议用时:70分钟)
1.(2015·怀化高三模拟)The traditional ________ to dealing with complex problems is to break them down into smaller,more easily managed ones.
A.application
B.reference
C.approach
D.introduction
2.You can’t camp________ you like these days.Many natural areas are now under protection.
A.whichever
B.wherever
3.(2015·郴州质检)Much to our ________,the outcome of the general election is far better than we have expected before.
A.delight
C.surprise
D.disappointment
4.Although Kate didn’t say anything,I ________that she didn’t like this young man.
D.watched
5.It is obvious to the students________ they should get well prepared for their future.
C.whether
6.The final score of the basketball match was 93-94.We were only ________beaten.
B.slightly
C.narrowly
D.lightly
7.(2015·衡阳八中检测)The book wasn’t intended for children probably because the author ________too many scientific terms in it.
A.attracted
B.appealed
C.employed
D.attached
8.Compared with his sister,Jerry is even more________ to,and more easily troubled by,emotional and relationship problems.
A.sceptical
B.addicted
C.available
D.sensitive
9.It’s reported that the factory is now ________ large as what it was.
A.twice as
B.as twice
C.twice much
D.much twice
10.Maybe you have been to many countries,but nowhere else ________ such a beautiful place.
A.can you find
B.you could find
C.you can find
D.could you find
11.—How about eight o’clock outside the cinema?
—That________ me fine.
C.satisfies
12.The company is starting a new advertising campaign to________new customers to its stores.
B.attract
D.transfer
13.—Good news!Faye Wong is to stage a concert in Nanjing.
—Don’t be too excited.It remains to be seen ________ we can afford a ticket.
A.whether
14.The parking rules in public places should be ________ strictly,otherwise you will get a ticket.
A.realized
B.recognized
C.consulted
D.observed
15.—“Could we put off the meeting?”she asked.
—“________,”he answered politely.“This is the only day everyone is available.”
A.Not likely
B.Not exactly
C.Not nearly
D.Not really.完形填空
(2015·湖南“五市十校”高三联考)One beautiful sunny day, I had a Little League baseball game. At the time it was very __1__ to me, and I was really focused on doing well, as the other seven-year-olds were. It was our last game of the season, and we were all trying to have fun.
As the game __2__, the score got close. When we had our final chance to win at the end of the last inning(一局), it was my turn to hit. I looked over my __3__,who was talking to my dad about something. As I stepped in, my coach called me back. He asked me if it would be all right if my brother __4__ for me.
My brother wasn’t on the team. He had never even played baseball due to his __5__, He certainly couldn’t hit. But I __6__very maturely for a kid of my age. “Of course, he can hit for me,” I said.
As my dad carried him to the plate(垒垫),I __7__ that without his wheelchair he would have to be held up. But would the kids __8__ him? I wondered.
Then I heard some boys call out, “You can do it”. These words of __9__ showed me how great the moment really was. On the first swing (挥杆动作), which was pretty much my dad holding Sam’s hands around the bat and my dad swinging, he—or they—hit the ball. The kids on the other team did something __10__ then. They overthrew the ball to __11__ him. Three times. Sam had hit his first and only home run(全垒打). And as my dad carried him around the bases, I knew this __12__ would stick with me and everyone else there forever.
I’ve seen a beautiful thing with my own eyes!1.A.difficult
B.important
C.accessible
D.challenging
2.A.started
B.broadcast
C.delayed
D.progressed
3.A.coach
C.brother
D.teammate
C.watched
D.shouted
5.A.absence
B.mistake
C.laziness
D.disability
6.A.fought
B.explained
D.responded
7.A.thought
C.realized
D.believed
8.A.make fun of
B.take hold of
C.make use of
D.take charge of
9.A.assistance
B.acceptance
C.tolerance
D.persistence
10.A.exciting
B.terrifying
C.amazing
D.confusing
11.A.encourage
B.instruct
C.comfort
D.impress
12.A.struggle
C.victory
D.attempt.语法填空
(2015·湖南六校高三联考)Students who want an easy way to get information about a large number of colleges in the United States can visit a website like CampusTours. com. It brings together virtual campus tours 1.____________ interactive maps of more than twelve hundred colleges and universities.
CampusTours recently celebrated its fifteenth anniversary. The president of the company, Chris Carson, was one of the people 2.____________ started the site. He says more than one hundred twenty thousand foreign students use the site each year.3.____________ make up more than fifteen percent of the traffic on the site.
The virtual tours allow students to get a sense of 4.____________ a college looks. There are also links to official websites and online applications. And there are details 5.____________ price,number of students, admission requirements and sports programs.
But Chris Carson says students should 6.__________ depend on a third-party website like CampusTours to choose a college. He advises parents and students to contact a school directly.7.____________ they plan to visit, they should call the school and talk about the visit and where to stay locally. In fact, he says contacting a school might even lead to 8.____________ free visit.
Ⅳ.阅读理解
(2015·湘潭模拟)Franz Kafka wrote that “a_book_must_be_the_ax_(斧子)_for_the_frozen_sea_inside_us.”I once shared this sentence with a class of seventh graders,and it didn’t seem to require any explanation.
We’d just finished John Steinbeck’s novel Of Mice and Men.When we read the end together out loud in class,my toughest boy,a star basketball player,wept a little,and so did I.“Are you crying?” one girl asked,as she got out of her chair to take a closer look.“I am,”I told her,“and the funny thing is I’ve read it many times.”
But they understood.When George shoots Lennie,the tragedy is that we realize it was always going to happen.In my 14 years of teaching in a New York City public middle school,I’ve taught kids with imprisoned parents,abusive parents,irresponsible parents;kids who are parents themselves;kids who are homeless;kids who grew up in violent neighborhoods.They understand,more than I ever will,the novel’s terrible logic—the giving way of dreams to fate(命运).
For the last seven years,I have worked as a reading enrichment teacher,reading classic works of literature with small groups of students from grades six to eight.I originally proposed this idea to my headmaster after learning that a former excellent student of mine had transferred out of a selective high school—one that often attracts the literary-minded children of Manhattan’s upper classes—into a less competitive setting.The daughter of immigrants,with a father in prison,she perhaps felt uncomfortable with her new classmates.I thought additional“cultural capital”could help students like her develop better in high school,where they would unavoidably meet,perhaps for the first time,students who came from homes lined with bookshelves,whose parents had earned Ph.D.’s.
Along with Of Mice and Men,my groups read:Sounder,The Red Pony,Lord of the Flies,Romeo and Juliet and Macbeth.The students didn’t always read from the expected point of view.About The Red Pony,one student said,“it’s about being a man,it’s about manliness.”I had never before seen the parallels between Scarface and Macbeth,nor had I heard Lady Macbeth’s soliloquies (独白)read as raps (说唱),but both made sense;the interpretations were playful,but serious.Once introduced to Steinbeck’s writing,one boy went on to read The Grapes of Wrath and told me repeatedly how amazing it was that all these people hate each other,and they’re all white.His historical view was broadening,his sense of his own country deepening.Year after year former students visited and told me how prepared they had felt in their first year in college as a result of the classes.
Year after year,however,we are increasing the number of practice tests.We are trying to teach students to read increasingly complex texts,not for emotional punch (碰撞) but for text complexity.Yet,we cannot enrich(充实)the minds of our students by testing them on texts that ignore their hearts.We are teaching them that words do not amaze but confuse.We may succeed in raising test scores,but we will fail to teach that reading can be transformative and that it belongs to them.
1.The underlined words in Paragraph 1 probably mean that a book helps to________.
A.realize our dreams
B.give support to our life
C.smooth away difficulties
D.awake our emotions
2.Why were the students able to understand the novel Of Mice and Men?
A.Because they spent much time reading it.
B.Because they had read the novel before.
C.Because they came from a public school.
D.Because they had similar life experiences.
3.The girl left the selective high school possibly because________.
A.she was a literary-minded girl
B.her parents were immigrants
C.she couldn’t fit in with her class
D.her father was then in prison
4.To the author’s surprise,the students read the novels________.
A.creatively         B.passively
C.repeatedly
D.carelessly
5.The author writes the passage mainly to________.
A.introduce classic works of literature
B.advocate teaching literature to touch the heart
C.argue for equality among high school students
D.defend the current testing system
(2015·衡阳八中月考)In the fall of 1985,I was a bright-eyed girl heading off to Howard University,aiming at a legal career and dreaming of sitting on a Supreme Court bench somewhere.Twenty one years later I am still a bright-eyed dreamer and one with quite a different tale to tell.
My grandma,an amazing woman,graduated from college at the age of 65.She was the first in our family to reach that goal.But one year after I started college,she developed cancer.I made the choice to withdraw from college to care for her.It meant that school and my personal dream would have to wait.
Then I got married with another dream:building my family with a combination of adopted and biological children.In 1999,we adopted our first son.To lay eyes on him was fantastic—and very emotional.A year later came our second adopted boy.Then followed son No.3.In 2003,I gave birth to another boy.
You can imagine how fully occupied I became,raising four boys under the age of 8!Our home was a complete zoo—a joyous zoo.Not surprising,I never did make it back to college full time.But I never gave up on the dream either.I had only one choice:to find a way.That meant taking as few as one class each semester.
The hardest part was feeling guilty about the time I spent away from the boys.They often wanted me to stay home with them.There certainly were times I wanted to quit,but I knew I should set an example for them to follow through the rest of their lives.
In 2007,I graduated from the University of North Carolina.It took me over 21 years to get my college degree!
I am not special,just single-minded.It always struck me that when you’re looking at a big challenge from the outside it looks huge,but when you’re in the midst of it,it just seems normal.Everything you want won’t arrive in your life on one day.It’s a process.Remember:little steps add up to big dreams.
6.When the author went to Howard University,her dream was to be________.
A.a writer
B.a teacher
C.a judge
D.a doctor
7.Why did the author quit school in her second year of college?
A.She wanted to study by herself.
B.She fell in love and got married.
C.She suffered from a serious illness.
D.She decided to look after her grandma.
8.What can we learn about the author from Paragraphs 4 and 5?
A.She was busy yet happy with her family life.
B.She ignored her guilty feeling for her sons.
C.She wanted to remain a full time housewife.
D.She was too confused to make a correct choice.
9.What does the author mostly want to tell us in the last paragraph?
A.Failure is the mother of success.
B.Little by little,one goes far.
C.Every coin has two sides.
D.Well begun,half done.
10.Which of the following can best describe the author?
A.Caring and determined.
B.Honest and responsible.
C.Ambitious and sensitive.
D.Innocent and single-minded.
Ⅴ.阅读填空
(2015·长沙雅礼中学高三月考)Like our body,our memory needs regular exercise to be in good condition.Like the sportsman who must train to allow the body to respond to difficult times,the memory needs its own special training in order to stay in “shape” and improve.
There are many factors that can cause poor memory like insomnia (失眠),depression and alcohol.However,there are simple ways which you can follow to keep your memory in shape and actually help you to improve your memory’s condition and performance.
Never stop learning.Look for topics that interest you and really get involved in learning new information about them.Reading and attending lectures or programs are sources of continuous education of your brain with beneficial results to your memory.
Develop your social and family relationships.The more social you are,the better it is for your brain.Studies have shown that the brain and heart have a lot to gain from good family and social relationships.
Exercise your mind with games.The more you use your brain,the more you help your memory stay in shape.There are many games that can make you an intelligent person as well as entertain you such as chess,puzzles and board games.
Exercise physically can improve your memory.This type of exercise improves the circulatory (血液循环的) system.Even the simple but regular daily exercise such as fast walking can improve the heart and oxygenation(供氧) of the brain.The benefits of exercise affect positively many body systems,as well as our memory and other cognitive(认知的) capabilities.
Eat more fruit and vegetables.What we eat every day affects the performance and long-term condition of our memory.Fruit and vegetables are an excellent source of antioxidants(抗氧化剂)and vitamins that can help and benefit the nervous system.
So our memory is like a sportsman.The more we practice our brains and memory,the better their performance will be.
Title:How to improve memory
Topic 1.____________like insomnia,depression and alcohol can lead to poor memory.We should exercise 2.____________
to keep memory in good condition.
Ways to improve memory Never
stop learning 3.____________
like reading and attending lectures or programs does good to your memory.
Develop social and family relationships Good family and social relationships are beneficial to your brain and contribute to 4.____________
with games Play chess,puzzles or board games,which is of great benefit to your intelligence and also offers you 5.____________.
Take 6.______________
exercise Physical exercise improves the 7.____________
of the brain,which leads to better memory.
Eat more fruit and vegetables Fruit and vegetables are 8.____________
in antioxidants and vitamins that can help and benefit the nervous system.
______ If we practice brains and memory more,they will 10.____________.
Ⅵ.阅读简答
(2015·益阳箴言中学模拟)(Reuters)—At least 115 miners were pulled alive from a flooded coal mine in north China after being trapped for over a week, eating bark to survive, prompting extremely happy officials to hail their survival a miracle.
Officials said 153 miners were trapped in the unfinished Wangjialing mine, belonging to two of China’s larger state-owned firms in Xiangning, Shanxi Province, after water gushed (喷,涌) into the shafts last Sunday.
Later on Sunday night and throughout Monday, the survivors were pulled out from a platform, where the rescuers had drilled a vertical hole to ensure oxygen in the water-flooded pit and send down bags of glucose (葡萄糖).Thirty-eight miners were still missing.
“It is a miracle,”said Luo Lin, head of the State Administration of Work Safety. “The trapped miners stayed so firmly determined down the mine shaft, passing through eight days and eight nights to live.” The workers also survived by eating bark from pine wood used in building the mines, Chinese television said.
The government had succeeded in encouraging thousands of rescue workers to pump out water and search for the miners. After that, the water level dropped low enough for rescue workers to enter the shaft.
It was rare good news in China’s dangerous coal-mining industry, the deadliest in the world with thousands killed every year in floods, explosions, collapses and other accidents. Shanxi Province is the heartland of that industry.
Strong demand for energy and not strict safety standards have made China’s mines often deadly places to work despite a government drive to clamp down on(对……进行压制或取缔)small, unsafe operations where most accidents occur.
Workers are tempted into (被诱惑去) the mines by wages that can be much higher than for many other jobs open to blue-collar workers and rural migrants.
China has consolidated (合并) or taken over many private mines, which has helped cut accidents. According to official statistics, the number of people killed in Chinese coal mines dropped to 2,631 in 2009, an average of seven a day, from 3,215 in 2008. But the deadliest accidents are not limited to private firms.
1.According to the second paragraph, what caused the serious accident?(No more than 6 words)
1.解析:选C。句意:解决复杂问题的传统方法是把它们分解为更小的、更容易处理的问题。approach意为“方法;途径”,后常接介词to短语。其它选项意义不符合。application“应用;申请”;reference“参考;推荐人;推荐函”;introduction“介绍”。
2.解析:选B。句意:现在你不可随心所欲地野营。许多地区现在处于保护中。wherever引导一个地点状语从句。
3.解析:选B。to one’s relief“使人宽慰的是”。to one’s delight“令某人高兴的是”;to one’s surprise“令某人惊讶的是”;to one’s disappointment“令某人失望的是”。
4.解析:选C。句意:尽管凯特没说什么,但我能感觉到她不喜欢这个年轻人。sense“感觉到”。
5.解析:选D。考查名词性从句中的主语从句用法。此处要分析句子结构,看出it为形式主语,代替that they should get well prepared for their future,并且本句意思完整,故选D项。
6.解析:选C。句意:篮球比赛最后的比分是93比94。我们以稍微小的弱势被打败。nearly“几乎”;slightly“稍微”;narrowly“勉强地;差一点儿”;lightly“轻微地;轻度地”。
7.解析:选C。句意:这本书不适合孩子读,很可能因为作者在书里使用了太多的科学词汇。employed“使用”;attracted“吸引”;appealed“迎合;吸引”;attached“粘贴;附属于”。
8.解析:选D。句意:与他的妹妹相比,Jerry对情感和人际关系方面的问题更敏感,更容易被困扰。sensitive“敏感的;易受伤害的”。sceptical“怀疑的”;addicted“沉迷的”;available “(物)可用的;可得到的;(人)可会见的”。
9.解析:选A。句意:据报道这个工厂现在是以前的两倍大。倍数的表示法有多种,此处为“倍数词+as+形容词/副词原级+as+其他”结构。
10.解析:选A。nowhere位于句首,应该使用倒装句,又因为前面是现在完成时,这里也要用can,不能用过去式could。
11.解析:选D。这四个词在汉语意思上很接近,fit一般指衣服等的尺寸对某人很合适;meet有“满足……的要求”之意;satisfy的意思是“使……满意”;suit指样式、场合、方便等,意思是“适合……的要求”。答语的句意为:这约定正适合我。
12.解析:选B。句意:为了把新的顾客吸引到店内,公司开始了一场新的广告战。attract“吸引”;join“参加”;stick“粘,贴;固定在某处”;transfer“转移;传给”。
13.解析:选A。句意:——好消息!王菲将在南京举行演唱会。——别太激动了。现在还得看我们是否能买得起门票。题中it是形式主语,“________ we can afford a ticket.”为主语从句。
14.解析:选D。句意:公共场所的停车规定应该严格遵守,否则你会拿到一张罚单的。observe“遵守”。
15.解析:选A。根据答语后半句可以知道“大家只有今天都有空”,所以对推迟会议的建议表示委婉拒绝。Not likely“不见得,不大可能”符合题意。Not exactly“不完全;不全是;未必就”;Not nearly“远不及,完全不”;Not really“事实上不是”。
【解题导语】 本文讲述了“我”的弟弟是个残疾人,在父亲和“我”的教练的安排下代替“我”参加棒球比赛的故事。
1.解析:选B。根据下文的“I was really focused on doing well”可知,比赛对“我”很重要(important)。
2.解析:选D。随着比赛的进行(progressed),比分咬得很紧。
3.解析:选A。根据下文的“my coach called me back”可知,此处表示“我”看到教练(coach)正在与“我”父亲谈论着什么。
4.解析:选B。根据前文的“it was my turn to hit”可知答案。
5.解析:选D。根据后面的“without his wheelchair”可知,“我”的弟弟是一个残疾人,故选D。
6.解析:选D。但是对于“我”这种年龄的孩子来说“我”作出了成熟的回应。respond“回答,回应”,符合语境。
7.解析:选C。当父亲把弟弟放在本垒上的时候,“我”才意识到没有轮椅他不得不被扶着。realize“意识到”,符合语境。
8.解析:选A。但是孩子们会取笑他吗?make fun of“取笑”,符合语境。
9.解析:选B。那些接受的话语表明了那一刻是多么伟大。acceptance“接受”,符合语境。
10.解析:选C。对手场上的孩子做了令人十分惊讶的(amazing)事情。
11.解析:选A。此处表示对方的球员投球给他以表示鼓励。encourage“鼓励”,符合语境。
12.解析:选B。“我”知道这将给“我”以及其他人留下难以磨灭的记忆(memory)。
【解题导语】 本文是一篇说明文。文章主要讲述了学生可以通过CampusTours. com了解美国的许多大学。
1.解析:分析句子结构可知此处连接两个名词,故用and。
2.解析:分析句子结构可知,“________ started the site”修饰先行词the people,且定语从句中缺少主语,指人,故用who。
3.解析:根据语境可知空处指代前面的“one hundred twenty thousand foreign students”,且充当主语,故用代词They。
答案:They
4.解析:looks后常跟形容词,故此处应用how,表示“大学看起来怎样”。
5.解析:根据语境可知此处表示列举几项内容,故用like。
答案:like
6.解析:但是Chris Carson说学生不应该依靠第三方网站。根据语境可知,此处表示否定,故用never/not。
答案:never/not
7.解析:如果他们计划去参观学校,他们应该给学校打电话。此处表示条件,故用If。
8.解析:联系学校可能会获得一次免费参观活动,此处用a表泛指。
Ⅳ.阅读理解
【解题导语】 本文是日常生活类文章,作者讲述在自己教学生涯中,在文学课上,如何教学生文学阅读的亲身体验。
1.解析:选D。句意理解题。这句话运用了明喻和暗喻的修辞手法,“一本书就是能融化我们冰冻着的内心的一把斧子”,这是表面意思,即指一本书能够唤醒我们内心深处的情感,引起共鸣之意。故选D项。
2.解析:选D。细节理解题。根据第三段“But they understood.When George shoots Lennie,the tragedy is that we realize it was always going to happen.”可知,D项正确。
3.解析:选C。细节理解题。根据第四段“The daughter of immigrants,with a father in prison,she perhaps felt uncomfortable with her new classmates”可知C项正确。
4.解析:选A。推理判断题。根据第五段第四句“I had never before seen the parallels between Scarface and Macbeth,nor had I heard Lady Macbeth’s soliloquies(独白)read as raps(说唱),but both made sense;the interpretations were playful,but serious.”可推断作者对孩子阅读小说的创造力感到惊讶,字里行间流露出自豪,故A项正确。
5.解析:选B。主旨大意题。纵观全文,主要介绍了作者讲述在自己教学生涯中,教学生文学阅读的亲身体验,故B项正确。
6.解析:选C。细节理解题。由第一段第一句中的dreaming of sitting on a Supreme Court bench可知,作者去霍华德大学时就梦想着能够坐在美国联邦最高法院的长凳上,即她渴望成为一名法官。故答案为C项。
7.解析:选D。细节理解题。由第二段第三、四句可知,作者在大二时退学回家是为了照顾生病的祖母。其他三个选项均不是作者退学的理由。故选D项。
8.解析:选A。推理判断题。由第四、五段的叙述可知,作者在家里虽然忙碌,但她的确非常快乐。由第五段第一句中的The hardest part was feeling guilty about...可知B项的叙述是错误的;由第四段第四、五句可知,作者并没有放弃自己的梦想去当全职家庭主妇,排除C项;由第四段倒数第二句中“I had only one choice:to find a way.”可知,作者对于这个选择是果断的,并没有感到困惑,排除D项。
9.解析:选B。主旨大意题。最后一段的最后一句“Remember:little steps add up to big dreams.”是该段的主题句,意思是:千里之行,始于足下。Failure is the mother of success.“失败是成功之母。”;Little by little,one goes far.“千里之行,始于足下。”;Every coin has two sides.“凡事都有两面性。”;Well begun,half done.“好的开始是成功的一半。”故选B项。
10.解析:选A。推理判断题。由第二段作者在大二时退学回家照顾祖母可知,这表明作者是有爱心的;由倒数第二段作者用了21年多的时间最终取得大学学位,这表明作者是有决心的。故选A项。
1.Many factors 2.regularly 3.Continuous education 4.your/the heart
5.entertainment 6.physical 7.heart and oxygenation 8.rich 9.Conclusion/Summary 10.perform better
1.Water gushed into the shafts./That water gushed into the shafts./ Water’s gushing into the shafts.
2.By drilling a vertical hole. /Through a vertical hole.
3.Clamping down on small, unsafe operations, consolidating or taking over many private mines.
4.115 miners’ surviving after being trapped over a week./The survival of 115 miners after being trapped over a week.
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
其他相关资源
友情链接:
客服总机:400-606-99777 业务传真:010- 客服邮箱:Copyright &2006 - 2015 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved. 京ICP证100390号}

我要回帖

更多关于 说明文作文 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信