you can you run itgun egg

&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Lucy Schaeffer
Repurpose your recyclable paper egg cartons into wonderful crafts that will have your kids cracking up! By getting creative and having fun, you'll set a great example of how to reuse and recycle items into eco-friendly objects. Your child will learn about bugs, saving pennies, colors, and how plants grow with these eight eggs-ceedingly cool projects. Note: Avoid using egg cartons with egg spillage, and don't allow children to use scissors and the hot-glue gun.
Related Links
Sarah Lipoff
Eggs-ceptional Flowers
Decorate a room with beautiful flowers that will never wilt.
What You'll Need: 1 tempera paint (red, yellow, orange, purple); hot- ?- cra vase or ribbon (optional)
Make It: Cut off the top half of the egg carton, leaving just the bottom. Cut and separate one individual egg cup and tr they can be rounded and smooth or pointed and jagged. Select a color of paint and coat the entire cup, inside and out. Once the paint has dried, use a craft needle or a pushpin to create a hole at the base of the egg cup. Thread a green pipe cleaner through the flower and bend it inside the cup to secure it. Use a hot- glue gun to cover the center of the flower with a pompom. Continue cutting and painting egg cup flowers (as many as you want) to create a beautiful bouquet you can place in a vase, or tie them together with a ribbon.
Related Links
Sarah Lipoff
Egg-citing Color Match Game
Color theory doesn't have to be boring with this activity!
What You'll Need: 1 tempera paint (red, yellow, orange, blue, green, purple, black); paintbrushes
Make It: Cut off the top half of the egg carton, leaving just the bottom. Select one color for each cup and paint the inside of each egg cup until there are 12 different colors, or repeat a few favorite hues. While the egg tray is drying, have a scavenger hunt around the house and let your child search for and collect small items of various colors. Then match each item with an egg cup of the same color and place the items inside. Have a race to see how quickly your child can place the correct item with its coordinating cup!
Related Links
Sarah Lipoff
Egg-stra Penny Dish
Keep your spare change from being lost in the car or the washing machine with these simple bowls.
What You'll Need: 1 tempera paint (two colors); scrap paper
Make It: Cut off the top half of the egg carton, leaving just the bottom with the cups. Separate an individual egg cup. Paint the inside and outside of the cup with two different colors, or paint the entire cup one color. Once the paint has dried, place the dish in the perfect spot, like a hallway table or dresser top, for collecting pennies and other loose change. When the egg cup is full, your child can add up the change and see how much has been collected!
Related Links
Sarah Lipoff
Egg-streme Bugs
Kids will love these critters, including cute caterpillars and lovely ladybugs.
What You'll Need: 1 tempera paint (red, green, black); pipe cleaners (black and brown); craft hot-glue gun, tissue paper (optional)
Make It: Bugs can be made from one egg cup or from several cups cut in a row. Cut off the top of the carton, leaving just the bottom. Separate individual egg cups or cut two or three egg cups in a row. Paint the outside of the cups with solid colors. Paint a few individual egg cups red to create single lady bugs, paint two cups black to create beetles, or paint three cups green to make a caterpillar. Once the paint has dried, use markers to add details (such as dots and lines). Then glue two googly eyes to the front of an egg cup of each color for the head, and cut different lengths of pipe cleaners to use for legs or antennae. Use a craft needle or a pushpin to punch holes in the cups where you want to insert the pipe cleaners. Thread the pipe cleaners and secure the ends by bending or twisting them inside the cup. You can also cut wings out of tissue paper and hot-glue them to the finished bugs.
Related Links
Sarah Lipoff
Egg-cellent Building Blocks
Encourage your child to create five blocks from two cartons.
What You'll Need: 2 tempera paint (any five colors); 5 hot-glue gun
Make It: Brainstorm different ways to come up with five blocks. (Hint: One way is to cut one of the egg cartons in half and the other in thirds.) Secure the lids with hot-glue. Place one of the blocks on the sheet of scrap paper. Add about two Tbs. of one color of paint to one small container and then add a splash of wat do the same with the other colors of tempera paint and containers. Paint the outsides of each egg carton with one solid color. Set the egg cartons aside to dry. Once all the blocks have dried, see how many ways the blocks can be arranged and balanced before they fall down.
Related Links
Sarah Lipoff
Egg-tastic Shakers
Learn about rhythm with these vibrant musical instruments.
What You'll Need: 1 tempera paint (any four colors); hot-glue gun
Make It: Cut off the top half of the egg carton. Separate four individual egg cups from the bottom. Paint the outside of each cup with different colors to mix and match them. When the cups are dry, flip two of them over. Measure out ? tsp. of dried rice and
do the same for another cup. Hot-glue the two remaining egg cups onto the ones filled with rice, recreating an egg-shaped shaker. When the glue has set, try out the egg cup shakers by turning on some music and shaking to the beat!
Related Links
Sarah Lipoff
Egg-shilarating Plant Pots
See how outdoor plants grow by bringing nature indoors.
What You'll Need: 1 water
Make It: Cut off the top of the egg carton, leaving just the bottom. Separate four egg cups from the carton to create a pot collection and use scissors to trim the edges so they are even and smooth. Write the name of each plant on one side of each of the egg cups and fill each with a few scoops of potting soil. Place a few seeds of one plant in the appropriately labeled pot. Place all the pots on a large plate and position the plate near a sunny window. Water the plants according to the instructions on each package. When the plants get too big for the pots, transfer them to a bigger pot or to a garden outside. There's no need to remove the plants from the egg cups when pl they will decompose into the soil!
Related Links
Sarah Lipoff
Egg-straordinary Wreath
No matter the season, create a special wreath to greet guests at the front door.
What You'll Need: 2 8-color set
length of ribbon or wreath hanger
Make It: Cut off the two top halves of each egg carton, leaving just the bottoms. Save one top for later. Separate each of the 24 egg c use scissors to trim and smooth the edges. Pick a color scheme for the wreath that correlates with the season (past foliage colors for fall).
Fill the small container with water. Place the cups on the scrap paper and paint the inside and outside with the watercolor paints, diluting the paints in water when necessary. Next, paint the inside of the egg carton top with big dabs of the same colors used to create the egg cup flowers. While the egg cups and the lid are drying, cut away the inner circle of the paper plate, leaving the outer rim, which will be the base of your wreath. Paint the base one solid color and set aside to dry.
Once the cups are dry, use scissors to cut three to four evenly spaced vertical slits down the sides. Start at the outside edge of the cup and cut downward, but don't cut through the bottom of each cup. These slits form separate petals that can be gently flattened out like individual flowers. Arrange each flower along the paper plate rim and then hot-glue each cup onto the plate until it is covered. Then, cut 24 small circles from the painted carton lid and glue each one to the centers of each flower cup. Loop a length of ribbon through the center of the wreath and secure it with a knot, or use a metal wreath hook to hang the finished wreath on the front door.
Copyright &copy 2012 Meredith Corporation.
Sarah Lipoff loves using her background as an art educator to make lots of messy art projects and to stir things up in the kitchen with her daughter. Check out her blog, So Says Sarah..., .
Related Links
Shop Related ProductsIf i were positive I could refrain from licking the uncooked batter from the beater,spatula,bowl, my fingers, etc...i would use the cracked eggs in a baked good.
I'm no expert on this but my guess would be that baking with it would be one of the safest things to do with it since it will be VERY well done.
But, hey, it's only one egg so it's not a huge loss.
A couple of weeks ago, my husband broke six and I made two quiches!
But I did fix those the same night.
Only if you want to temp salmonella.
There seems to be a lot of food safety questions going around today.
First, salmonella would have to be present to begin with.
It doesn't just miraculously appear.
Secondly, that link states that cooking to 145 degrees kills salmonella.
That's why I thought baking with it would be the best thing to do.
But, hey, I eat raw and almost raw eggs so I'm kinda &wild and crazy& about this :)
Agreed - the egg should be fine.
The only hesitation I would have is that it might have lost some extra moisture because of the crack (how big is it?).
I agree that baking is a very safe thing to do with that egg. I just saw an Alton Brown recipe that said the internal temperature of a pound cake should be 212F. Definitely enough to kill any salmonella or any other live thing that might get into the egg.
i do it all the time, and i'm pretty cautious about food safety. even public health guidelines state that eggs that have been accidentally cracked after purchase can be eaten safely if used with in a couple of days...technically you're supposed to transfer the cracked egg to a sealed container when it happens, but really, i think you'll be fine here.
My local poultry farmer offered to sell me a carton of &cracks& one day during the holidays, when he'd sold out of everything else.
He said people buy them for baking and that his family eats the cracked ones.
I bought them and had several of the hairline-crack ones in the fridge for perhaps a week, using the worst ones first. No problem with any of them, but none were eaten raw.
17 Replies
A TV Guide Site
Visit other CBS Interactive Sites
CBS Entertainment |
& CBS Interactive Inc.
All rights reserved. |Imagine the Possibilities
So you say, "I'm not an artist." It doesn't matter. If you can trace a line or use a pen, you can make
beautiful personalized items with SCM Systems. With over 20 years of experience, we have learned what works and what doesn't work in sandcarving and high speed engraving. Our equipment, stencils, and supplies are so easy to use - even people who cannot draw stick figures can create beautiful works of art. And the best part is - you can create laser precision detail images on almost any medium - engraving and carving on gunstocks, stone, glass,
tile, eggshell, wood and many more!
SCM has an extensive DVD training program for you. Our training DVDs will take you through every tip and trick of our trade, and we have added videos on
There will be no guessing on how to set up your equipment or how to use it. SCM's extensive training DVDs will walk you through all the needed steps, from how to deeply carve a river rock, engraving onto a gunstock, to finely etching a Champaign flute. You will learn the beautiful technique of multi-stage carving deeply into glass and even how to go portable with your system. Each technique is different and SCM's expertise is shared with their customers in the unique training DVDs. The training will take you through where to place your system, to the proper settings, to how to etch into glass, stone, wood and metal. SCM shows you how to add color to your projects for display items or outdoor projects. We also show you how to finish off your project for presentation to your customer. You will receive hours of valuable instructions - a definite must!!!
This package is what SCM is known for. Why reinvent the wheel? SCM has been in the personalization business since 1988. You will benefit from our experience and the thousands of satisfied customers experience worldwide. SCM Marketing and Pricing guide will take the mystery out of marketing your products and services in the personalization business. This is a comprehensive manual that will help you start your personalization business. This guide is truly priceless.
SCM's step-by-step guide shows you how to start your business and gives you pricing guidelines for your products. SCM has gone through hundreds of products and provides you guidelines on wholesa you will know what you should be charging per hour, along with giving you guidelines on how to approach the most popular types of prospects and businesses. A sampling of the popular markets included are: personalizing rocks (pet memorials, river rocks, address markers), weddings, wine bottles, large glass panels, gifts, awards, wood, on site jobs, plus many more.
When you become an SCM customer, answers to all your questions are available at your fingertips via our toll-free telephone support system. Whether it's a technical question, product inquiry, or whatever, we'll be there with help when you need it.
SCM Systems provides the high speed, glass etching, gunstock engraving and carving, engraving and sandblasting tools to creatively start your own business. You are able to engrave and do etching on almost any surface, gunstocks, glass, wood, metal, stone, ceramic, antler, and eggs (emu, goose, ostrich, reah, etc).
It's as easy as tracing a line, no artistic talent is required to be able to create detailed engravings, gunstock carvings, glass etchings and relief carvings. The 400xs high speed engraver is the fastest high speed hand piece on the market today. There is absolutely no vibration when engraving and etching on wood, glass, metal ,stone, eggs, etc. Our sandblasting tools enable you to create your
own mask in-house without any hand cutting. It is so detailed that you can reproduce photographs, and permanently etching onto glass, metal, wood, stone, eggs, etc.
SCM Systems Inc. is the founder of the oiless high speed engraver, the 400xs, the portable jet stream blaster, and also photo image equipment. The 400xs high speed engraver revolves at the unbelievable 400,000 rpm. SCM's high speed engraver allows you total control. When you are engraving with the 400xs, high speed engraver, there is no vibration.
The 400xs high speed engraver can be used for glass etching, stone carving, wood carving, metal engraving, egg shell engraving, antler and bone engraving, or whatever hard surface you can think of!!! The 400xs high speed engraver feels just like a felt tip pen and enables anyone to create beautiful products on glass, wood, metal, egg shells, stone, bone, or any hard surface in minutes!! The 400xs high speed engraver and sandblasting equipment use stencils which enable even a non artistic person to create wonderful works of art very easily. The 400xs high speed engraver and sandblasting equipment are very easy to use and scm provides complete training on glass etching, wood carving, metal engraving, egg shell engraving, bone engraving, scrimshaw, stone engraving, and much more. The 400xs high speed engraver and sandblasting equipment can easily bring you in revenue as a part time
or full time business and scm will help you start your own business in glass etching, wood carving, metal engraving, egg shell carving, bone engraving, stone carving or any area that interests you. Call now for more information on SCM's 400xs high speed engraver and sandblasting equipment.
1-800-755-0261.
3 easy steps to get
started with SCM's equipment
Call us now at our TOLL FREE. 1-800-755-0261.
SCM Systems Inc.
N64 W19760 Mill rd.
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051}

我要回帖

更多关于 you never can tell 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信