dearstalker, i am back to slim.

I want to thank you for sharing your wisdom with us. I've learned a lot (and still am) about your trading strategy, but also I see a man who truly cares about our country, America.
Thank you.
- Autolander
Phil, have to thank you for saving me today.
I think the discipline I have learned from this site has helped me as much if not more than the actual picks.
- Rustle123
Phil/thankyou. Phil, I went over the recording of last weeks webinar. I liked it a lot and wanted to thank you. I thought the case studies (company reviews) were detailed, I learned more about selling puts process and also what happens if stock continues to go down after that, I liked the fact that we discuss so many different avenues like stocks, optiond, futures, oil, commodities etc… I replayed portions of it multiple times to make sure I was grasping it but wanted to say good job. Thanks…
- Nramanuja
Thanks to Phil (again) for the lessons on the art of the roll, selling premium and hanging tight under fire (particularly in the first hour of trading-MADNESS). Watching you manage the $25KP has really helped my trading in a big way.
Phil: That NFLX call was awesome. The speed at which NFLX options decayed was precipitous.
The blow out spike that allowed me to double and roll my callers to 190(!) and the ridiculous 170 weeklies @3.50 a day away from Op-Ex. The gains I realized in that trade floored me when I took a long at my portfolio value on Friday. What a great way to start the 3rd Quarter.
- Kinkistyle
I've been trading/investing since the early 80's (my dad started me out young). I've had seven figure accounts (in the past) and I've done lots of trading, so I can say that I'm a well seasoned investor. Phil is the real deal. His trades make sense and his strategy is sound. He sees things that others miss and he's one of the best at finding price anomalies. When he makes a mistake, he has an exit strategy already planned. He hedges very well and he has an instict which tells him to go to cash or to be all in.
- Autolander
Hello Phil,
Thanks for the heads up on the comming sell off on friday, and the bs job yesterday. your our guiding light!
- Microflux
Phil, i wanted to thank you again for helping me protect future stock allocations at work - finally, i feel like i am owning my own destiny with stocks vs. letting the market dictate what you get – thanks again.
- Nramanuja
10/15/2014:
Phil…..been travelling more than not but reading and watching you guys every night.
This is to say a big thank you.
Even though I don't have the time to trade every day now I set up hedges and base long term strategy on PSW.
I now it may sound like BS to some readers but my 401k is down a mere 3%.
It hardly gets my attention when I open my brokerage portfolio accounts.
And that is by using your longer term hedges and strategies.
I don't need to be a day trader to take advantage of PSW.
At this time in my life when I cant trade every day……. not losing what we've gained moves front and center.
It's just a great feeling to watch your brokerage account hold steady in a sea of red.
Thanks Teacher.
- Livingfull
PSW – Price/V The value of PSW on a regular basis exceeds by far the price of the annual subscription. The edition of February 26 'Which Way Wednesday – Popping or Topping?', – priceless for the serious investor.
Phil - FAS
- I dont know whether to be happier I averaged down and sold calls or that I got myself out of FAZ the other day…thanks for that help
Phil is a master at keeping you laughing, as well as making you money. - It is like " laughing all the way to the bank!"
I cannot believe the success I have had in the last 6 months because of what I have learned here! It has been truly life changing. It's like the old adage about teaching someone how to fish instead of just giving them a fish. Thank you Phil, I am forever grateful and hope I have helped someone else along the way.
- Craigsa620
Peter D: great write-up for Short Strangles, Part 1, looking forward to Part 2, particularly the adjustment part.
My watch list looks like a grid where Phil's recommendations went UP and everything else went DOWN! It looked something like an ad for Philstockworld.
I am half in cash,
followed the recommendations (AAPL TASR YHOO) on a 20K portfolio and still up 1% for the day. Thanks!
- Sn0gr00ve
Newer member here, but just wanted to say thank you too.
I've learned so much and I hope you'll be around for a long time helping us learn along the way.
Phil.... I remember back in March of '09, you stated " Unless you think the country is going to hell in a hand-basket, NOW is the time to do your buying". Do you remember ?
I took your advice, and bought leap $2.00 calls on F, approximately 200,000 shares using the options, for just pennies. Now that was the best Ford I ever owned.... made over $1 mil - thanks go to you Phil. I now drive a Mercedes but still "love" the Ford.
I love it when a trade really comes together.
After 4 DD's and a roll, I cashed out 16 times my initial position in TLT today for a 140% gain.
Thank you Phil for the lessons in scaling in, and paying for position.
Against all prognostics (bears) Phil pointed in the morning the correct direction, and in middle of day he pointed the possible move to 2.5%
Incredible…
I'm starting to serious believe on the program trading and the human nature behind the programing those "trade-bots".
Thanks Phil for helping make this a much, much better year this year than last. Your tutelage has been so very helpful.
Don't think I can say Thanks enough.
And I thanks all the members here who were work hard in helping us all to become better traders, and I would say better people as well.
The support many of you offered when we evacuated during the fire this past year helped me immeasurably.
Happy New Years to you all!
Phil/Eric/Cwan/Matt/Cap/etc.. - I've learned so much from all of you and want to thank you. I'm up 23% this month thanks to all of your advice - Thanks, guys!
I have followed along with your commentary and alerts and have been flabbergasted at your quick analytical skills and your journalistic skills to explain it clearly. In a little over three weeks I have cleared almost 1000.00 dollars and got an intensive education at the same time. I would like to immediately upgrade my membership.
- TokyoLife
New member/1st time posting:
Thanks Phil and Pharm for the rec on TOS.
I've emailed Scott to get myself setup so I hope to hear back soon.
As a newbie on PSW for a month now, I've been readin' and readin' and readin'.
Gonna start paper-trading for a while.
See how I do before putting a single dime into it.
New at options but seems like this is the best training and educational platform out there.
I'm a long-time mortgage broker who got too involved with real estate investing.
LOVED your article, Phil, on mortgage interest scams.
Right on!!
Let me know if and how I can contribute back to the community here.
Dear Phil, I have followed along with your commentary and alerts and have been flabbergasted at your quick analytical skills and your journalistic skills to explain it clearly. In a little over three weeks I have cleared almost 1000.00 dollars and got an intensive education at the same time. I would like to immediately upgrade my membership. It is hard for me to follow all evening as I am in Tokyo but I can join you at the beginning of the market and read the next day.
- Tokyolife
Your HOV suggestion about 3 months ago basically paid for my Philstockworld subscription for years to come.
My average cost is about $1.
Happy Thanksgiving Phil and to your family and associates.
Also to all of the other fellow citizens of Phil's Stock World.
I am particularly happy and thankful that I clicked on your article in Seeking Alpha a number of years ago.
That opened the gate to Phil's Stock World and "being the house".
My wallet thanks you as does my peace of mind in trading options, stocks and rarely futures.
Your liberal views opened up my views—being a boot strapper (pulled myself out of a poor background) I was a CONSERVATIVE—cynical of others who weren't as driven.
you have taught me more than how to make money and manage risk.
So, again I give thanks to you and the others of PSW!!
- Newthugger
I have followed a lot of Phil's picks over the last several years and made money using the exact option strategies he outlines. Of all the contributors on SA, he offers the most actual and ready to implement advice that has put money in my account.
Many of us on SA actually are sad when we don't see Phil's postings for an extended period.
- Brenteaz
I enjoy your informative materials, Phil... as it is obviously beneficial to so many "styles" of trading the markets... long term, swing or day trading the market moves.
As a longer term trader, I really like you long term calls, as I for one recognize the difficulty of calling these, because the further out you go in time, projecting price movement becomes more difficult.
I have to congratulate you for your accuracy... You called the March 2009 market upward reversal almost to the day, and the AAPL reversal to THE day. Only one who has been a student of the economy and the markets over a period of time could have done this, and so many other accurate calls. I'm sure it was difficult and consistent work, but it did pay off... thanks from one who benefited big time !
Praising PSW for enlightenment is a bit akin to praising the Pope for being holy.
I've been reading PSW for about two months now and have learned more about investing technique and the world in general than I've learned from the books and seminars I've paid for. Thanks for the enlightenment, the education, the guidance and the truth, which is not a commodity these days, but a virtue in short supply.
- Andy Morris
As a retired stockbroker from a major Canadian brokerage firm, I can tell you I would never had access to these type of trade ideas, especially the hedges.
Just closed out a July TZA 40/45 call spread today for a 271% gain in less than a month.
I would have normally let that run but yesterday Phil commented to another member something to the effect that "you put down a $1 for a $5 upside, now that you are up 250% you have $2.5 in and you are hoping for a double."
Just closed out a USO July $38 put that Phil suggested yesterday for a 49% one day gain.
for an exclusive discount along with our 30-day GUARANTEE & Love us or leave, with your money back!
to become a part of our growing community and learn how to stop gambling with your investments. We will teach you to BE THE HOUSE & Not the Gambler! to see some testimonials from our members!
Phil, I don't know how I can thank you enough for your guidance this past week.
I'm up significantly in my portfolio and I've never been so relaxed watching the market panic.
Thanks once again for being here for us.
- thechaser
Phil - I LOVE these futures trades at random hours! I wasnt able to get in on the 612 part but if I had it wouldve been 130$ (2.6%) on a 5k contract in less than 30 minutes. I know you have to sleep, spend time with fam, ect but Im just letting you know that your posts after hours/late at night has made people who followed them a decent chunk of change. Thank you, we appreciate it!
I have been trading for quite a few years and in good years made about 25%. After joining PSW, I followed closely the PSW strategy and my trading profit for this year is close to 70% to date. For fun, I like to mix in a few "Hail Mary" plays that really worked out well, but overall the simpler Buy/Write strategy, as presented by Phil so often, created the majority of the profit.
On Optrader's section yesterday he was asked how he works with AAPL as an investment. He replied that he just ‘plays with the covers'. I've got a separate portfolio where I use primarily this technique over the past 6 months. Up 60% The principles involved are stock selection, patience, patience, using covers to protect profits, rolling covers to maximize premium return, and exiting when covers are gone and stock price is high. Sometimes it's hard to remember where you learn to do this stuff, but much of it is from integrating principles I've learned here with thing I already knew. Thanks for the help on this, Phil and others.
- Iflantheman
Why were the analysts wrong?
If I were a Japanese investor who purchased US stocks prior to November at Y80 yen to the dollar, with the US market up an average of 15% or more and upon
selling the asset I covert dollars
to Yen, also realizing an additional 25% gain (one dollar now converts to 100+ Yen rather than the 80 I used at time of purchase), I think I would be unloading US assets also.
But analysts never do the math in their articles nor very rarely bring up or discuss the ramifications of currency fluctuations. I don't include Phil in this group as this is a valuable lesson I am learning from him.
- Denlundy
CZR – well that was fun! Opened the play yesterday. As the arb premium was now almost all gone from the box spread today, I just decided to close it. The rundown, after all commissions: my net was $183.51 profit for an overnight trade tying up $2000 margin in an IRA account. That's a 9% overnight return (3200% annualized!) …And all that learning, too!
Thanks PSW!
I read with great interest
your statement the other day that the DX is unlikely to break 76 or there will be great hell to pay, torrential amounts of tears shed, and gnashing of dentures all over the world.
I have had several short DX contracts in the $78ish range during the last month and upon your two statements 1) don't be greedy, and 2) 76 could be a bottom, I yesterday put a buy GTC order to close my positions at 76 and for some inexplicable reason the DX spiked down after the close and now I can safely say that once again you have confirmed for me that you have been one of the best investment services I have yet to come across.
Almost to the point that I'm beginning to think that maybe I'm completely wrong about my political stance as well. Almost.
In any event,
I wanted you to know that this has been my third execution based on your comments and recommendations that I have followed and this one has also worked to my advantage.
My subscription fee has been more than justified for the next year and there's some left over to pay
for my stay in Toronto this week, dinner at Joso's in the Yorkville section of town. If I smoked I'd have a Montecristo to salute you.
Be well, stay well.
- Flipspiceland
Phil I have been applying your arsenal (matresses, Edz plays, Ugl verticals etc.) to my gold holdings . So a big thank you for "teaching me how to fish" rather than just giving me the fish...
All I can say is
— I understand that the Universe sent me to PSW for a reason.
So, I'm listening!! …and studying.
Your commentary is literally outstanding.
…and your members are impressive as well.
- Seaquill
Phil - FAS
- I dont know whether to be happier I averaged down and sold calls or that I got myself out of FAZ the other day…thanks for that help
Phil – Not that you dont usually, but you have DEFINITELY earned your money this week. THe recommendations have been PERFECT. Selling into the initial excitement (MULTIPLE TIMES), hedges, everything. Im reading this when I get home from work and want to cry b/c I cant trade at work! I might have to start getting up at 3 AM though to catch those trades bc youre killing it then too! May you and yours have a blessed weekend!
WOW, look at DRYS go.
Nice call on the entry the other week Phil.
I got 200 at $6.66 and sold a 7.5 call for $.50, then on the tear today sold another 7.5 call for $1.
This should puts me in at an average of $5.91 and called away at $7.5 for a profit of $300+ after commisions.
Once again another Phil trade pays for this months membership.
- Craigzooka
Phil – In the event of a mkt meltdown, which of the indices, in your opinion do you think has the most potential for % move down.
I'm looking at call options on SDS and the DXD.
Any thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks .. and thanks for being a great teacher!
I've learned so much in only a month!
- Louis631
Phil, i wanted to thank you again for helping me protect future stock allocations at work - finally, i feel like i am owning my own destiny with stocks vs. letting the market dictate what you get – thanks again.
- Nramanuja
Tesla et. al. – I've spent many months getting hammered shorting overvalued Momos, until, finally, I internalized Phil's message.
P give yourself plenty of room to double/move up the [lack of value] chain in terms of price.
P take [Musk's, eg.] latest bleep and sell the spike for a short time frame, because his tweets always come to naught.
I've been coining money doing it, I just watch that premium melt away with scarcely veiled amusement.
Swinging for the fences is for suckers [me, for a long time].
Those little gains really add up — $2k per week of evaporated premium and you could actually buy a Tesla by the end of the year!!
- zeroxzero
Phil - Moved today to send kudos.
You're in my top 5 to see/read daily.
I do not trade...
but as former econ-finance adjunct faculty near Stanford U.
I give you lots of attaboys....
and provide your links to many to spread some understanding of the mess we are in.
Best to you and yours,
- HJ Kobbeman
Phil, I just wanted to say thanks for being there. The world needs more of you. Your site continues to positively change my life daily.
Dear Phil, I have followed along with your commentary and alerts and have been flabbergasted at your quick analytical skills and your journalistic skills to explain it clearly. In a little over three weeks I have cleared almost 1000.00 dollars and got an intensive education at the same time. I would like to immediately upgrade my membership. It is hard for me to follow all evening as I am in Tokyo but I can join you at the beginning of the market and read the next day.
- Tokyolife
Thanks, Phil.
I really appreciate your sentiment and commitment!
Just want to thank you for what you do for all of us.
I've recently done exactly what Phil described.
I upgraded my ability to trade the IRA acct. by
transferring acct. from TDA to TOS.
TDA wou TOS does.
Neither will allow naked options.
With spreads I am able to buy calls or puts several months out then sell front month calls or puts over and over.
This allows me to collect premium, which is, of course, the goal.
This wasn't an original idea.
Phil put me onto it.
Since the transfer I've substantially increased my performance in the IRA!
- Iflantheman
Phil – just wanted to say a sincere thank you for teaching me how to offset, hedge, roll, and not panic. My account is up 10% in the last two weeks, and far from panic, this is becoming great fun.
Thanks again,
Sold the BG puts I got yesterday at $1.30 for $2 just now.
Might be a little early, but I'm happy with that gain.
Thanks Phil.
Greetings Phil,
I am an Economist at Harvard and some of my colleagues and I would like to let you know that we follow your posts on SA, and find your analysis refreshing, rigorous, and acute. Great work!
Though many of us (including myself) have our work covered in the Wall St Journal, in many ways your macro commentary is more fearless and accurate than what is generally found in that venerable publication.
Kind regards,
Phil, Passed a milestone today since joining 2 months ago. 25% of my account is in buy/writes, bull call spreads and disaster hedges. A majority of the trades were taken directly from your ideas or someone else`s contributions.
Some were daytrades that became spreads.
That part of my account is up 30% as of today. I don`t worry about it, or mess with it much, did a few rolls etc.
Rest of the account is there to day trade, cover the writes and take advantage of opportunities.
Thanks to everyone who contributes here, what a sweet way to trade, so many opportunities.
Phil - I caught the interview…. terrific!.
Your host recommended that the viewers should " go to your site, as you will be entertained ". That is for sure if you consider entertainment is laughing while you read, learn and make unbelievable leveraged profits that you never thought were possible. That is my kind of entertainment !
Phil, thanks for the call on the SKF puts earlier, I'm riding that horsie downhill right now, giddyup!
As a fellow "low-end" investor I like Phil's Buy/Write strategy on solid stocks. Before I came here I loved to try to "figure things out" with very little success "TRYING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT"! I traded too much and fell in love with stocks that "should have done" what they didn't do. Now a majority of my accounts are in Buy/Writes suggested here or cash (waiting for a better time for more Buy/Writes). I use 15-20% of my total holding to short term trade and hedge. This is manageable with my full time job as a business owner. I have found Phil's system a more discipline way to achieve the returns I want without relying on my ability (more like inability to "figure things out").
- DCalrk41
I have followed a lot of Phil's picks over the last several years and made money using the exact option strategies he outlines. Of all the contributors on SA, he offers the most actual and ready to implement advice that has put money in my account.
Many of us on SA actually are sad when we don't see Phil's postings for an extended period.
- Brenteaz
Hey Phil -- I want to thank you every chance I get for helping me to grow my previous portfolio to being profitable enough to pay off some debts my family had and left me with $1,000 left to use in the markets. You should know that your premium membership is amazing on many levels, You and your readers offer a ton of economic and statistical analysis that I was able to use in my clerical level job in finance. It's a shame that someone as talented and honest as you is not on television each night providing a true service to the investing public and not the clowns and hucksters that are talking up their books to dump on retail investors. Sorry for the long post. I had to say something to you that I never thought I would have the opportunity to. You helped put my family in an almost debt-free life through the stock and option plays that I made during my time as a customer of your service and that has made us very happy. You are a good man and I wish you and your family many years of joy and happiness. I wish I could do ads for you!
Being a bear is easy (and I am not convinced we are doing all that well on the whole as an economy), but one cannot fight the trend (didn't Phil say that a while ago)?
Just cover, make 5-10-15-20% and move on.
It really does add up by chipping away.
All I can say is I am back to 2007 levels in my account b'f the crash with this run up and some very nice help on this board….so kudos to us (and me!!)…
- Pharmboy
12 failures so far.
12 trading days since the S&P first hit 2,000 (Aug 25th) in which . &Not one and, unless the Futures pop 10 points before we open, not today either. &On 10 of those days, we've had a late-day run-up on low volume that popped us over 2,000 and on 7 of those days, 2,000 held at the close but EVERY SINGLE DAY – it also failed to hold. &
Let's not forget that, during this time, we've had TRILLIONS of Dollars of additional stimulus pledged by Carney, Draghi, Kuroda and other minor Central Banksters and Yellen has certainly been as doveish as she could by (while still tapering our existing Trillion Dollar stimulus). &This is how our market behaves WITH Trillions of Dollars of cash being pumped into the Global economy – I wonder what will happen when it stops? &
Of course, maybe it won't stop but, if it doesn't, . &This is a chart of our projected net annual&interest payments on our debt in 10 years. &That's $880 BILLION Dollars each year, just in interest payments, up $650Bn from the $233Bn we are spending now. &
That's WITHOUT additional stimulus so I guess we can go for a bit more and make it an even Trillion, right? &These are what we used to call CONSEQENCES – back when we used to care about such things. &The US is not the leader in debt issuance, not by a long shot. &Japan is 150% more in debt than we are and China has now doubled our debt to GDP ratio, after having been a creditor back in 2007 but now the undisputed king of stimulus spending. &&&
Europe is also a mess. &As I said to our Members in an early-morning Alert: &Another thing the US Media is purposely ignoring is the 12.5% correction in Europe (example on Germany chart) since July that, so far, has bounced weakly (4-point drop on EWG has weak bounce at 28.8 and strong at 29.6) & failing exactly at the weak bounce line (the top blue line on ). &
I know the narrative from the MSM is to ignore the rest of the World and I hate to sound like a broken record but that's exactly what they told us while we were &rallying& in 2008 & just sayin'&.
Of course, in 2008, we weren't almost at war with Russia and there wasn't a massive terrorist takeover of Iraq and Syria and Spain wasn't about to burst into civil war and Ireland wasn't breaking out of the UK and Italy wasn't teetering on Depression with the rest of Europe clearly in Recession and all with twice as much debt than they had at the time so yes, this time is different & it's MUCH WORSE!!! &
Hopefully AAPL can save us today as the iPhone 6 begins taking pre-orders this morning and Apple's web site has already crashed once (back up now) as people begin the rush. &
It's Friday, so we're not going to take today's action too seriously and, , we've doubled down on our DXD hedges into the weekend for protection. &
The top 1% should be in a good mood as their GOP lackeys successfully filibustered an attempt at Campaign Finance Reform and that means it's going to be clear sailing into the November elections for our nation's Puppet Masters () to tighten their grip on our once-great Democrocy/now Oilgarchy-Corporate Kleptocracy. &
Have a great weekend,
This entry was posted
on Friday, September 12th, 2014 at
7:20 am and is filed under
from your own site.
Do you know someone
who would benefit from this
information? We can send your friend a strictly
confidential, one-time email telling them about this
information. Your privacy and your friend's privacy is
your business... no spam! Click here
and tell a friend!
You must be logged in to make a comment.You can
for an exclusive discount along with our 30-day GUARANTEE & Love us or leave, with your money back!
to become a part of our growing community and learn how to stop gambling with your investments. We will teach you to BE THE HOUSE & Not the Gambler! to see some testimonials from our members!
Your HOV suggestion about 3 months ago basically paid for my Philstockworld subscription for years to come.
My average cost is about $1.
I've recently done exactly what Phil described.
I upgraded my ability to trade the IRA acct. by
transferring acct. from TDA to TOS.
TDA wou TOS does.
Neither will allow naked options.
With spreads I am able to buy calls or puts several months out then sell front month calls or puts over and over.
This allows me to collect premium, which is, of course, the goal.
This wasn't an original idea.
Phil put me onto it.
Since the transfer I've substantially increased my performance in the IRA!
- Iflantheman
Phil - Another excellent teaching article - when you write like that it blows me away. Thank you!
I had the ideas from earlier articles but what I didn't have was enough understanding. The familiarity of
ideas through repetition,
re-working,
revision - over time - the variation, the pulling out of implications - it all contributes to understanding and mostly thats on the student
- but a good teacher (worth their weight in gold) makes understanding a pleasure.
I wanted to learn about trading options because it makes my brain feel better - fitter, healthier.
Actually mostly it makes me happy to think about the trade and trading options.
You are a good teacher and I know that or I wouldn't value the subscription the way I do. It pays for itself through the pleasure of understanding alone.
- Redfern1
Thanks, after years of blood and blunders, I have reached a significant milestone – I don't lose money.
Net net, I rarely have a losing week, market up, market down.
And that I owe to you. Balanced positions.
More premium sold than bought.
Fundamental criteria applied to good companies, not momentum/ news headlines/ stock du jour/ triangle squeezies. But rather earnings, P/E, dividends, competitive position — the boring stuff that takes study, thought,….and patience.
You have been a great teacher, and I have embarassed myself repeatedly day with how slowly I learn.
And it's a funny thing – if you don't lose, the gains start to pile up.
The arithmetic is cruel to the downside, and becomes a gift in the other direction.
And I'm in this for the long run, having made myself unemployable through a need for diversification.
Moreover, what I've learned here has also elided into other areas, including real estate and ex-U.S. investment.
Pretty cool.
Have a great weekend.
- Zeroxzero
Phil: Closed out ZION with 49 % gain!
Have been a member for about 6 months or there abouts. Signed up for a quarter at first and then for a year.
To me, and it's only my opinion, it's an investment and I have made the membership fees back many times over on the strategy advice. Since joining and implementing the strategy of buy/writes and hedges I have cut my portfolio losses for the year and have a really good chance of going positive this year.
If I would have continued down the road I was on, I would still have been fumbling around without a strategy and completely inept in what I was doing.
I feel now the strategy is working and I am far more comfortable with the risks I am taking.
I still have a lot to learn but I feel the fees have been one of the best investments I have made.
The returns have been fantastic.
Still have problems with the politics but hey nobody is perfect
Thanks for your thoughts against buying BP ahead of earnings (yesterdays' member comments). It announced a loss of $3.3b and is down 3% in pre-market but still just above the bottom of the chaneel of $40-$50.
Thanks for the USO directions today. Made it 3 times (up/down/up) for a very nice win.
Boring trading – Phil/
Thanks to PSW, my yearly covered-writes are on pace for 15%.
Add the long puts and well over 20%… and I look at it once a day and never lose sleep over it.
Actually doing better than my trading account at this point (Thanks, summer 2013)
Anyway, the point is that anyone with enough money would be wise to do the 20% – 40% stuff and do trading as a hobby…
- Tokyolife
Simply the best blogger with the greatest group of members a person could surround himself with on trading day. I've been trading for quite some time now and the insights & suggestions offered by Phil and the members keep me on a continuous learning cycle.
Phil, have to thank you for saving me today.
I think the discipline I have learned from this site has helped me as much if not more than the actual picks.
- Rustle123
Great call on expe Phil! Went long 50 shares and sold for a nice profit! And Great call on the nkd shorts as well. I didn't use a stop that tight and was able to cover for a $400 gain. Works been keeping me pretty busy and I'm jealous of all the members who are able to check in here more often! It's almost always quite profitable! Looking forward to Vegas!
The virtuous trade / Phil throws out so many ideas, that understandably he rejects all calls for a running total of how all ""quoted"" ideas are performing – it would be unworkable. But without such a list, I think it behooves us to call out the trades that have made a difference. January 13 expiration is going to be a big month for me as a significant number of sold put positions will expire worthless. One example of the power of patience and leaving well alone:
VLO – sold Jan 13, 17.5 puts for $3.45 – and this trade was placed in August 2011. VLO is currently a tad over $35!
And as time went by, and I got more experienced – with the help of Phil and the contributions from board members, I started selling short term puts and calls around this position. Sometimes having to roll, sometimes doubling down but always knowing what I was getting into, and feeling very calm and focussed that whatever happened I could handle it. And if I couldn't then there was always Phil to lend a helping hand. All in all, my profits since August 2011 would qualify as a tidy addition to any earnings from the day job.
Thank you Sir.
Phil, I followed your investing ideas in LTP quite closely. It seems your insightful fundamental analysis knowledge serves you v. well. I get entertained and they are profitable.
- Investwizard
Phil: That NFLX call was awesome. The speed at which NFLX options decayed was precipitous.
The blow out spike that allowed me to double and roll my callers to 190(!) and the ridiculous 170 weeklies @3.50 a day away from Op-Ex. The gains I realized in that trade floored me when I took a long at my portfolio value on Friday. What a great way to start the 3rd Quarter.
- Kinkistyle
Phil – great calls this past week, esp. friday and monday.
in the old days I would have let Prechter et al scare me into trimming my longs and going short at just the wrong time.
your feel for the markets is Tiger-esque.
CHK, HOV, BX, TLT and
XLF are big winners for me today.
My biggest up day in a long time.
- Terrapin22
I subscribed to Phils Stock World full service for a year or so and found that it was extremely helpful. Now I just get the Stock World Weekly summary, which I find invaluable.
Phil does not baby people and certainly can't make someone into a successful stock operator who does not make the effort on their own behalf, but he is extremely generous with his time in answering newbie questions.
Although I found it difficult to follow and implement all his trades in real time, what I did find was that once you got the hang of his methodology and way of thinking, you could work out your own trades and be quite successful. Even just using his patent Rule Number One* alone is worth its weight in gold. Rule Number Two is even better.
- Rookie IRA Investor
New member/1st time posting:
Thanks Phil and Pharm for the rec on TOS.
I've emailed Scott to get myself setup so I hope to hear back soon.
As a newbie on PSW for a month now, I've been readin' and readin' and readin'.
Gonna start paper-trading for a while.
See how I do before putting a single dime into it.
New at options but seems like this is the best training and educational platform out there.
I'm a long-time mortgage broker who got too involved with real estate investing.
LOVED your article, Phil, on mortgage interest scams.
Right on!!
Let me know if and how I can contribute back to the community here.
Phil - Rode the /QM down from 99.65 at 7pm and now I'm taking your advice, taking the $$ and going to enjoy a restful night sleep.
I don't post often so I want to say thanks for sharing your incredible market acumen with all of us. Your site has a unusually talented group of investors (and some characters) and I enjoy my days trading more because of it.
Thanks to Phil (again) for the lessons on the art of the roll, selling premium and hanging tight under fire (particularly in the first hour of trading-MADNESS). Watching you manage the $25KP has really helped my trading in a big way.
I took $2 (up 133%) and ran on those USO puts, quite a bit more than the 20 you played in the $25KP.
Thank you once again for turning a bad market week into a great personal week.
You will be happy to know I am back to cashy and cautious with a few of your favorite longs into the weekend.
Thanks to Phil, JRW and all the members who share their knowledge here.
I am not a user of phil's site now, but was for a couple years. His advice and information is excellent. Perhaps even better, you get access to real-time trades of additional traders on his site (OptTrader, etc) and the other members who post what they are buying and selling. Overall, its a very valuable information tool. Expensive, but paid for itself many times over. I did not renew my membership because I switched jobs and did not have time to trade nearly as much.
- XRTrader
Thanks, Phil.
I really appreciate your sentiment and commitment!
Just want to thank you for what you do for all of us.
Very nice in and out on those USO puts again, easy way to get the subscription covered in just a couple of hours.
Thanks again Phil and everyone here contributing to such intelligent and informative discussion! I have wasted countless hours reading "professional newsletters" and message board blather over the years. Have learned a great deal here in a very short time. I have sent out a number of invites to friends and family for stockworld!
Thank God for Phil.
A few months ago (April)
I didn?t even know what hedging was, and someone recommended I should check out some of Phil?s plays, especially on the retirement portfolio. When I first started to read it, none of it made a blind bit of sense to me, but I stuck with it and gradually began to work through some of the trades to see how it worked. Now I am putting on 5:1 SPY backspreads combined with bear put spreads, entering and leaving positions after consulting the VIX, and engaging in other esoteric maneuvers that are keeping my portfolio above water.
Peter D: great write-up for Short Strangles, Part 1, looking forward to Part 2, particularly the adjustment part.
The strategy you have laid out pretty much mirrors much of my trading activity.
I also mix in some momentum plays and "drop dead" bargains that come across my radar.
My YTD trading profit is 63%.
Back in March when Phil said "unless you think the world is coming to an end, then NOW is the time to start taking positions in Buy/Writes with the VIX so high."
I jumped in with both feet - ( thanks, again Phil)
Brilliant covering of the arcane, the profane , but never the mundane!
Easy to understand the reason for your huge following, Phil, and why you have become a must read on my daily agenda.
Please accept my complete appreciation.
- Seeking Truth
I discovered PSW while reading up on the US economy and how it applies to all the poor folk of the world and to myself as a humble UK desk slave.
This year I put time into learning options trading. I upgraded (with great administrative difficulty!) my stock dealing account to deal options. Now I am an avid reader of PSW and subscribed for voyeur membership. Initially feeling out of my depth struggling to keep up with the peculiar language of options traders, I unsubscribed feeling a little under confident and uncertain if the small stake I have to invest in options could generate enough to justify my PSW subscription.
Nevertheless, I've benefited considerably from the member's material. From a small number of initial trades, I've exceeded profit targets enough to consider re-subscribing in some capacity.
Thanks for the knowledge and more than anything I appreciate the human angle, the humour and the ecologically sympathetic approach rarely seen in other financial media.
Best wishes all - Jon
&Sector Performances (Today)
&Thermal Imaging
0.34 seconds, 36 queries.}

我要回帖

更多关于 my dears 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信