中考复习系列一
(人教版九年级英语下册教学论文)
中考复习系列一
(人教版九年级英语下册教学论文)
→ 中考复习系列一
(人教版九年级英语下册教学论文)
【】&&&【】&&&&&&【】剑桥少儿英语词汇表 (三级)--方庄外语学校--北京外语学校;剑桥英语;三一口语;学前班
> 正文剑桥少儿英语词汇表 (三级)&&时间:&&12:08:16&&&&来源:&&&&作者:【字体:
】【】【】Aa.m.上午a few adj少许, 少数a little det+pron少许, 少数a piece of adj一块across prepadv, prep横过a bridge across the river 一座横跨河上的桥 Erna Hart is going to swim across the English Channel tomorrow.欧娜.哈特准备明天游泳横渡英吉利海峡。到对面;在对面the house across the street 街道对面的房子We swam across the river. 我们游到河对岸actor n演员actress n女演员address n地址;住址ago advadv, adj以前(的),以往(的)She left 30 minutes ago. 她30分钟前离开了。Long, long ago there lived a king. 很久很久以前,那里住着一位国王。agree vagreed, agreeing 同意; 赞成;答应She agreed to my idea. 她同意我的想法。 I quite agree with what you say.你所说的我很赞成。air n空气fresh air 新鲜空气天空;空中Birds fly in the air. 鸟在空中飞翔。 航空by air 乘飞机airport n航空港,飞机场all right adv安全地(的);健康地(的)Are you all right? 你好吗?(你没事吧?)Is it all right with you?这对你方便吗?already adv已经She had already gone when I arrived. 我到的时候她已经走了。He has seen that film twice already. 那部电影他已经看过两次了。Twenty people had already left.二十人已经离职。also advadv也;同样We also went to see the film. 我们也去看了电影。He also asked to join the army.他也要求去参军。ambulance n救护车anyone pron任何人;无论谁anything pronany任何+thing事pron东西;任何事物Is there anything in that box? 在那盒子里有什么东西吗?He will do anything for a rich life.为了过上富裕的日子他什么都愿意干;他千方百计要过富裕的生活。无论什么Anything will do to keep the door open. 随便什么东西都能把门弄开。anywhere adv在什么地方;在任何地方Did you go anywhere yesterday? 你昨天去没去过什么地方?Sit anywhere you like.随便坐哪儿都成。到任何地方;无论何处You can go anywhere you like. 你可以去你喜欢的任何地方。April narrive v到达;抵达to arrive home 到家to arrive at a port 抵达港口 At what time did you arrive at the station?你是几点钟到火车站的?art n美术 I am an art student.我是个学美术的学生。艺术artist nask (for) v问,询问ask him a question 向他问个问题"Who are you?" she asked. “你是谁?”她问。They asked me the time. 他们向我打听时间。 请求ask her a favor 请他帮个忙ask her for the money 向他要钱August nautumn n秋季,秋天 (亦作: fall)away adv离开 Go away!走开!Several children are away from school because of illness.几个学生因患病而没有来校上课。As she walked away, I followed her out of the fair.我跟着她走出了集市。He will be away for two months.他将外出两个月。Bbegin v开始It began to rain.天开始下雨。The film begins at two o'clock. 电影两点钟开始。After running half a kilometer, I began to feel tired. 跑了500米之后,我开始感到累了。believe v相信;信任I don't believe you.我不信你说的话。You can't believe anything she says.你不能相信她说的话。Most people believe that the strike will last for at least a week.多数人相信,罢工至少会延续一个星期。I believe him (to be) right.我认为他是对的。to believe sb. 信任某人belt n腰带I need a belt keep up my trousers. 我需要一条腰带系裤子。Betty nbicycle n自行车,脚踏车 She goes to work on/by her bicycle.她骑自行车上班。bin n垃圾箱dust bin 垃圾箱biscuit n饼干bookshop n书店boring adj 令人厌烦的break vbroke, broken, breaking 打破;碰破;折断;打碎The stone broke the window. 石头打坏了窗子。The cup broke on the floor. 杯子摔碎在地板上了。You'll break your neck if you aren't more careful! (喻)你如果不加倍小心,你会摔死的!bridge n桥a bridge across the river 架在河上的桥Don't cross the bridge until you come to it.(谚)不要杞人忧天。;莫自寻烦恼。bring v拿来;带来Bring me the book. 把那本书带给我。Why don't you bring you favourite girl along?你为什么不带你最喜欢的女儿一块儿来呢?Bring the children back from the kindergarten at four o'clock.下午四点把孩子们从幼儿园接回来。When you go to the post office, will you please bring some stamps back for me?你去邮局时能不能给我带些邮票回来?brush n and vbusiness n职业;职务 买卖;交易Business has been bad this year. 今年生意很糟糕。 职责;本分It's a teacher's business to make children learn. 使学生学习是老师的责任。businessman/woman nburn v燃烧The house is burning. 房子烧起来了。bus stop n公共汽车站butter n黄油peanut butter 花生酱butterfly n 蝴蝶Ccafe/café n. 咖啡馆, 小餐馆call (what is 'X' called?) v 称呼I'll call you back soon.我会很快给你回电话的。Call me (up) this afternoon. 今天下午给我打个电话。MY mother is calling me.Our school is called TSH International Experimental School.camel n骆驼camp v野营地card n卡片a membership card 组织成员卡明信片Christmas card 圣诞贺片castle n城堡 In this old castle you can see cannons from the 17th century.在这座古老的城堡里你可以看到十七世纪的火炮cave n洞;穴;地窖;窑洞century n世纪;百年It was built in the 19th century. 它是19世纪建造的。 一世纪;一百年cheap adj便宜的;廉价的A bicycle is much cheaper than a car. 一辆自行车比一辆小汽车便宜多了。 Bread is cheap in this supermarket because they bake it themselves.这家超市的面包是自制的,所以便宜。Fresh vegetables are very cheap in the autumn.新鲜蔬菜在秋天很便宜。chemist n化学家 药剂师chocolate n巧克力chocolate cake 巧克力蛋糕 I'd like a piece of chocolate.我想要吃块巧克力。巧克力糖chopsticks n筷子When you go to a Chinese restaurant you have to use chopsticks instead of a knife and fork.到中国餐馆用餐时,不用刀叉而得用筷子Christmas n圣诞节 (= Christmas Day) We sent a card with Christmas greetings.我们送了一张圣诞卡,表示祝贺。圣诞节节期Christmas Eve 圣诞节前夕We always go to my parents' house on Christmas Eve.我们总是到我父母家里度过圣诞之夜。circus n马戏团 "Last Christmas, the circus owner, Jimmy Gates, decided to take some presents to a children's hospital.""去年圣诞节,马戏团老板吉米.盖茨决定给一家儿童医院送些礼物。"clever adj聪明的;伶俐的;灵巧的 My brother is clever at dealing with business.我弟弟善于经商。;我弟弟的生意做得很精/机灵。熟练的a clever worker 熟练工人closed adj关闭的 不公开的;只限少数人的;保密的a closed ballot 秘密投票club n俱乐部a football club 一个足球俱乐部college n学院;大学 The college is located next to the airport.学院在机场旁边。Their son will start college in January.他们的儿子将于一月份开始上大学。comb n+v梳(头发);刷(毛)Have you combed your hair? 你梳过头发了吗?"Boy, your hair needs a good comb""小伙子,你的头发要好好梳一梳了。"competition n比赛;竞赛He takes part in a swimming competition. 他参加游泳比赛。 角逐cook n炊事员;厨师Peter's a cook in a hotel.彼得在一家大酒店当厨师烹调;煮;烧(饭、菜)I haven't cooked the dinner. 我还没做饭呢。Does he cook well? 他做饭做得好吗?炊事员;厨师Peter's a cook in a hotel.彼得在一家大酒店当厨师 corner n角The table stood in the corner of the room. 桌子在房间的角上。 (街道等的)拐角;壁角to stand at a corner of the street 站在街道拐角处could v动词 can 的过去式I could run faster then. 我那时能跑得更快一些。(表示与事实相反的设想)能;可以I could come tomorrow if you like. 如果你愿意,明天我可以来。(委婉语)能Could you do sth. for me? 你能替我做件事情吗?cut v切;割to cut a cake 切蛋糕He has cut his leg, and it is bleeding. 他把腿割破了,腿在流血。Ddangerous adj危险的,不安全的This lake is dangerous for swimmers. 在这个湖里游泳危险。dark adj黑暗的It was getting dark, so we hurried home. 天黑下来了,我们急忙往家赶。It was a dark, moonless night. 那是一个漆黑无月的夜。date n日期;日子What is the date today? 今天是几号?David n戴维(男子名)dear adj亲爱的;可爱的He is my dearest friend. 他是我最亲爱的朋友December n十二月decide v(常与to, that, on, about用)决心;决定to decide where to go 决心去哪儿The boy decided not to become a sailor. 那孩子决定将来不当水手。dentist n牙科医生diary n日记 日志;日记簿dictionary n词典;字典dinner n正餐 Shall we have chicken or duck for dinner?正餐我们吃鸡还是吃鸭?晚宴dinosaur n恐龙doctor n博士 医生drum n鼓dry adj干的This coat will keep you dry in the rain. 这件外套将使你在雨中不被淋湿。 干燥的;无水的a dry well 枯井during prep在…期间;在…期间的某一点They swim every day during the holidays. 他们在假期天天游泳。The sun gives us light during the day. 太阳在白天给我们阳光。He fell asleep during the lesson. 他在上课时睡着了。Eeach pron+adj每,各;各自的Give an apple to each child. 给每个孩子一个苹果。 You may find that each child in the kindergarten gives a different answer to the question.你会发现幼儿园里的每个孩子对这个问题的回答都不相同。early adj+adv早,早一些The ship arrived 30 minutes early. 船早到了30分钟。Easter n复活节eighteenth adjeighty numeleventh adjelse pron别的,其他,此外What else do you want? 你还要什么?Emma nempty adj空的an empty box 空匣子The house is empty, no one is living there. 这座房子是空的,没有人住。end n+v终点,末端 It was the end of a dream.美梦告终。尽头He is down at the end of the garden. 他在花园的尽头的那边。Room 121 is at the end of the corridor.一二一室在走廊结束;完成 The party did not end until midnight.晚会到半夜才结束。engineer n工程师a civil engineer 土木工程师 Tim is an engineer.蒂姆是位工程师。机械师enough adj+pron足够的enough food 足够的食物envelope nenvironment (the) n环境,周围环境home environment 家庭环境The children have a happy environment at school. 孩子们在学校有一个快乐的环境。ever adv曾,曾经Have you ever been there? 你曾到过那里吗?Have you ever been to Lodon?你曾到过伦敦吗?everyone pronEveryone in the class passed the exam.everything pron每件事;每件东西;一切I got everything I needed in the market. 我在市场上买到了我需要的每件东西。Everything is ready now for the journey.外出旅游的一切都已准备妥当。everywhere adv到处,处处We have looked everywhere for you. 我们到处找你。exam (examination) n考试Did you pass your chemistry exam?你化学考试及格了吗excellent! Inter 优秀的;杰出的This is excellent work. 这是出色的工作。expensive adj费钱的;昂贵的It is expensive to travel by plane. 坐飞机旅行很费钱。The trip was expensive and uncomfortable.这次旅行既昂贵又受罪。explain v解释;辩解Can you explain why you were late? 你能解释一下你为什么迟到吗?extinct adj已熄灭的an extinct volcano 死火山Ffactory n工厂fall v The book fell off the shelf. 这本书从架子上掉了下来。The price of food has fallen. 食品价格下跌了。fall asleep 入睡fall ill 病倒far adv+prep to travel far from home 离家去远处旅游The new music teacher lives far away.新来的音乐教师住得很远。 farmer n经营农业者,农场主,农夫fast adj+adv快的;迅速的He is a fast runner. 他是跑得很快的运动员。走得快的(钟表)The clock is a minute fast. 这钟快了一分钟。I'm afraid my watch is fast.我的表快了。February n二月feel v感觉,觉得,感知feel cold 觉得冷I feel as if it were going to snow.我觉得好象要下雪了。I feel that we shall win. 我认为我们将获胜。I feel that he doesn't like me. 我看他不喜欢我。feel (like) vfetch v取来,拿来;叫来Fetch the doctor! 快去请医生来!Will you fetch some water? 你给拿点儿水来好吗?few det少的,不多的Who has fewest mistakes? 谁的错最少?Few people like snakes. 很少有人喜欢蛇。fifteenth adjfifty numfinish vWhat time does the concert finish? 音乐会何时结束?When do you finish your college course?你什么时候大学毕业?Finish the work off before you leave for your holiday.你去度假前应先把工作做完。fire n火,火焰set on fire 放火He set fire to the dry grass. 他点燃了干草。The grass caught fire. 草燃着了。The grass was on fire for a short time. 草烧了一会儿。炉火;烽火There is a fire in the sitting room. 客厅里有炉火。fireman/woman nfirestation n 消防站flag n旗帜the national flag 国旗flour n面粉Bread is made from flour. 面包是用面粉做的。fog n雾The fog was so thick that I could not see my way. 雾真大,我都看不见路了。foggy adj有雾的a foggy night 一个大雾的夜晚follow v(常与after连用)跟随The children followed their mother into the room. 孩子们跟着母亲进了房间。football n足球;足球运动 橄榄球;橄榄球运动footballer n
足球员, 足球选手for prep给;为a present for Mary 给玛丽的礼物I've got a little present for your birthday.我有一件小礼物送给你过生日。I can do it for myself.我自己能做这件事。forget v(常与about连用)忘记,忘掉She forgot to post the letter. 她忘记寄这封信了。I'll never forget meeting my school headmaster for the first time.我永远忘不了和我小学校长初次见面的情景。忘记带;忘记买Don't forget the cases. 别忘了带箱子。不放在心上;不去想Don't forget the tickets and an unbrella.别忘了带戏票和雨伞。‘I'm sorry I broke your teapot.’ ‘Forget it.’ “对不起,我打破了你的茶壶。”“别往心里去fork nn叉子;肉叉;餐叉We use a fork to eat food. 我们用叉子吃东西。forty numfourteenth adjfriendly adj友好的;朋友般的He is friendly to us all. 他对我们大家都很友好。A friendly dog came to meet us. 一条友好的狗出来迎接我们。from prep从,自from the beginning to the end 从头至尾a letter from Mary 玛丽来的信The train goes from Paris to Rome. 火车从巴黎开往罗马。front n前面,前部The teacher called the boy to the front. 老师把男孩叫到前面。I went out by the front door. 我从前门出来。 I sat in the front of the bus to get a good view of the countryside."我坐在公共汽车的前部,以便饱览农村风光。"full (of) adj a full train 挤满人的火车The cup is full ― it is full of milk. 这个杯子满了,装满了牛奶。Her eyes were full of tears. 她的眼里充满泪水。future n I wish you a happy future. 祝你前途美好。GGeography n地理;地理学In our geography class, we are learning about rivers. 我们正在地理课上学习有关河流的知识。get v得到,收到;经历Did you get my telegram? 你收到我的电报了吗?获得,取得I must get some
fruit in the market. 我得在市场上买点水果。I'll get sth. to eat before I got out. 我出去之前要找点东西吃。get off vget on vget to v到达glass nglove n手套Excuse my gloves."对不起,没脱手套。"glue n+v胶,胶水go out vgoing to vgold n+adj金子,黄金golf n高尔夫球group n组;群A group of girls was waiting by the school. 一群女孩子在学校旁边等着。集团;团体guess v猜测;推测Just guess what is in the parcel. 猜猜看包裹里面是什么东西?Hhalf n半数,一半We had half each. 我们每人有一半。Half of them are here. 他们有半数人来了。Wait half a mo.等一等。Half a moment!稍等片刻!happen v发生The accident happened outside my house. 这个事故发生在我家房子的外面。What will happen to the children if Peter and Alice break up?如果彼得和爱丽丝离婚孩子们将怎么办?It happened quite by chance.此事纯属偶然。A funny thing happened in the subway yesterday.昨天地铁里发生了一件有趣的事。hard adj+adv坚硬的This ground is too hard to dig. 这块地硬得挖不动。 The snow has frozen hard on the road.路上的雪已经冻得很硬了。困难的,难的hard questions 难题Is science harder than English? 自然科学比英语难学吗?Harry nhate v 憎恨;憎恶My cat hates dogs. 我的猫恨狗。The kindhearted people hate violence.善良的人们憎恨使用暴力。不喜欢I hate to trouble him. 我真不想去麻烦他。hear v听见,听I heard a loud noise. 我听见一声巨响。听说;得知I heard that he was ill. 我听说他病了。 I heard that his son had gone to Lodon.我听说他儿子到伦敦去了。heavy adj重的, 沉重的How heavy was the baby when he was born? 这个婴儿出生时有多重?What heavy traffic!交通多拥挤啊! heavy rain 大雨Helen nhigh adj高的;高大的a high mountain 高山The bird sang high and clearly in the tree.鸟儿在树上清脆地高歌。The plane is high in the sky. 那架飞机在高空飞行。hill n小山;丘陵I climbed up the hill and ran down the other side. 我爬上了小山,又从另一面跑下来。History n历史;历史学a history lesson at school 学校里的历史课History is my favourite subject at school.历史是我在学校中最喜爱的学科。horrible adj恐怖的;可怕的There was a horrible accident here yesterday. 昨天在这里发生了一起可怕的事故。令人讨厌的;极丑陋的What a horrible building!多难看的一座建筑物!What horrible weather!这鬼天气!hotel n旅馆;大旅社hour n 小时He went away for half an hour. 他离开半个小时了。 An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening.(谚)一日之计在于晨。时间,时刻the lunch hour 午饭时间Our business hours are 9.30 to 20.30. 我们的营业时间是九点半到二十点半。 "Seize the day, seize the hour!"要只争朝夕。;要抓紧每日每时。What's the hour?现在几点钟了?一小时的路程It's only an hour away. 那只有一小时的路程。 固定的时间或时期Our breakfast hour is at seven o'clock. 我们吃早餐的时间是七点钟。 The darkest hour is that before the dawn.(谚)黎明之前天最黑。某一段时间;时光to spent happy hours together 一起度过了幸福的时光 The hours I spent with you in the university were happiest of my life.和你在大学一起度过的时光是我一生中最幸福的时光。重要的时刻,重要的时间 No one helped me in my hour of need.在我困难的时候没有人帮助我。hundred numa hundred cows 100头奶牛two hundred cows 两百头奶牛husband n
husband and wife 夫妻Iice n冰She put some ice in her drink. 他往饮料里加了点冰。There is ice on the lake in winter.冬天湖上有冰。一份冰淇淋Three ices, please. 请拿三份冰淇淋。if conj如果;假如If you ask him, he will help you. 如果你向他请求,他会帮助你。"If need be, we'll work all night.""如果需要,我们就干个通宵。"即使;虽然We'll go even if it rains. 即使下雨我们也要去。是否She asked if that was enough. 她问那是否够了。 ill adj生病的;不健康的She can't go to school because she is ill. 她不能上学了,因为她病了。 Her mother's seriously ill in hospital.她母亲在医院里病得很重。important adj(常与to连用)重要的;重大的important decisions 重要的决定insect n昆虫interesting adj有趣的 Some of the most interesting names came from American Indian languages.有些最有趣的名字来自美国印第安人的语言。into prep进入…之内;向…里Come into the house. 到房屋里来。Throw it into the fire. 把它丢在火中。"It was raining, so they went into the house.""天下雨了,所以他们走进了房子里。"Jjam n 果酱January n一月,元月I was born on 3 January. 我生于元月三日。job n My mother does all the jobs about the house. 我妈妈做家里所有的活儿。职业;工作;职位She has a good job in a bank. 她在银行有份好工作。What is your job? 你的工作是什么?The teacher's job is very important.教师的工作很重要。journalist n新闻工作者;记者,报人July n七月June njust adv刚才,方才just after New Year 新年刚过They've just arrived. 他们刚刚到达。The bell just rang. 铃刚响过。正好;恰好I he is just ten years old. 今天是他生日, 他正好10岁。That is just what I think. 那正是我所想的。It's just three o'clock.KKaty key n钥匙We have a key for the door of the house and a key for starting the car. 我们有房间门的钥匙和发动汽车的钥匙。kilometers nkind adj仁慈的;善良的;好心的Be kind to animals 爱护动物She was kind to me when I was unhappy. 当我不高兴的时候,她对我很好。knife n knives 刀Llanguage n语言People in different countries speak different languages. 不同国家的人说不同的语言。late adj+adv I was late for school. 我上学迟到了。It is very late -- I should be in bed. 天很晚了,我得上床了。I got up late. 我起晚了。later advBut some time later it began to rain.但过了些时候开始下雨了。I'll tell you all about it later on.晚些时候我再把有关这一切告诉你leave v前往;离开We leave tonight. 我们今晚走。The train leaves (the station) in five minutes. 火车五分钟后开车。The car left the road.left adj+n向左Turn left at the corner. 在拐角处向左拐。 leftn左侧,左方The school is on the left of the road. 学校在马路的左边。let v允许,让My mother wouldn't let me go to the film. 我妈妈不会让我去看电影的。放开;释放Let each man decide for himself. 让每个人自己决定。let's vlie (down) v躺,卧He was lying in the shade of the tree. 他正躺在树荫下。She lay down on her bed. 她躺在床上。 保持;处于(某一位置)The factory lies to the west of town. 工厂在小镇的西边。The plates lay on the table. 盘子在桌上。light n光,光亮The sun gives us light during the day. 白天太阳给我们光亮。light adj浅色的;淡色的a light blue sky 淡蓝色的天空little adj小的We live in a little house. 我们住在一间小房子里少;小You eat very little. 你吃得很少。I have too little time to finish this work. 我的时间太少了,不能完成这项工作London n伦敦(英国)long advadv长久地;长期地He said he'd waited so long that he couldn't stay any longer. 他说他已经等了这么长时间了,不能再等了。Not long after that, he got married. 过了不多久他就结婚了。You can go out as long as you promise to be back before 8.
如果你保证八点以前回来,你可以出去。He died long ago. 他很久以前就去世了。look for vlook like vlose vI cannot find my watch;I must have lost it. 我找不到手表,我一定把它给丢了。Our team lost the football match. 我们队足球比赛输了。lovely adj美丽的;迷人的 The house has many large rooms and there is a lovely garden."这幢房子有很多大房间,并有一个惹人喜爱的花园。"愉快的a lovely meal 愉快的一餐a lovely cool drink 沁人心脾的冷饮low adj低声的;轻声的a low voice 低声a low price 便宜的价格Mmagazine n杂志women's magazines 妇女杂志make vThis spade is made of iron.这把铲子是用铁做的。He made a model plane out of wood. 他用木头做了一架模型飞机Have I made myself clear?我讲清楚了没有?His terrible stories made our blood freeze. (喻)他讲的恐怖故事吓得我们浑身冰冷。She will make him happy. 她将使他幸福。many adj许多的How many bananas are in the basket? 这个篮子里有多少香蕉?Were there many people at the play? 看戏的人多不多?March nmarried adj已婚的 与…结婚的;密切结合一起的He's married to his work. 他一心扑在工作上Maths n数学May n梅(女子名)may v可能;也许It may rain today. 今天可能下雨。可以;允许You may come if you wish. 假如你愿意的话,你就来。祝;愿May they live long. 祝他们长寿。(表示目的)(以便)能…;欲Write to him at once so that he may know in time. 立刻写信给他,好让他及时知道。meal n一餐;一顿(饭)I always enjoy my evening meal. 我总是喜欢晚餐mechanic n机械工;机修工medicine n药 医学A person who wants to become a doctor has to study medicine. 一个想当医生的人得学习医学。meet n+v相逢;遇见At Boston University, he met his wife, Coretta.在波斯顿大学,认识了他的妻子科利塔。He studied at Morehouse College where he met many outstanding men.他在墨哈斯学院读书,在大学期间,他认识了许多杰出的人士。I met my teacher in the street today. 我今天在街上遇见了我的老师。meet with偶遇;碰到I met with a friend in the train yesterday. 昨天我在火车上遇到一位朋友。meeting n 会议;集会Many people came to the meeting in the hall. 很多人来参加在大厅里举行的会议。I was late for the meeting so they started without me."我开会迟到,因此他们就先开始了。" metal adj+n金属a metal ring 金属环a metal box 金属盒Michael n迈克尔(男子名)midday n中午,正午We usually have a simple meal at midday.我们的中午饭一般都比较简单。midnight nn午夜;晚上12时We use to go for a midnight swim during the midsummer.从前盛夏时我们常在午夜去游泳might v否定句的缩写形式为 mightn't 也许;或许;可能I said that it might rain. 我说过可能会下雨。可以;允许I asked him if I might leave. 我问他可不可以离开。mind v反对;介意Would you mind changing places with me so that I can be nearer the fire?你能不能与我换一换位置,这样我可以离炉火近一点。'Would you mind my coming with you?' he asked, before I had finished speaking.'Not at all,' I lied.`我跟你一道走走,你不在意吗?'我还没有说完他就问道。`一点也不,'我撤谎道。I don't mind cigarette smoke. 我不在乎香烟的味儿。minute n分(钟) 一会儿;片刻Wait a minute, please! 请等一会儿。Miss n n. 过错,小姐, 姑娘mix v混合;搀和You mix flour, yeast and water to make bread. 你把面粉、发酵粉和水和在一起就能做面包。调配;配制His wife mixed him a hot drink. 妻子为他调了一杯热饮料。money n金钱;货币He make a lot of money selling clothes. 他卖衣服赚了很多钱。 财富Money doesn't always bring happiness. 财富并不一定总带来幸福。month n月份Mr n先生This is Mr Brown. 这是布朗先生。用于政府官员头衔前Mr Chairman 主席先生 置于地方、运动、职业的名称之前,用来称呼公认是该事物的代表的男士Mr Baseball 棒球先生Mrs n太太;夫人This is Mrs Brown. 这是布朗夫人。much pron大量的;太多的There was so much food that we couldn't eat it all. 食物太多了,我们吃不完。‘Did you pay much for that old bicycle?’ ‘No, not much.’ “你买这辆旧自行车花了好多钱吗?” “没有,没花多少。”‘How much did you pay?’ “你付了多少钱?”museum n博物馆;博物院Nnear adv+prepa house near the station 靠近车站的房子My aunt lives quite near. 我姑姑住得相当近。news nIt was good news. 这是个好消息。(广播、电视的)新闻节目;新闻报导We listen to the news on the radio. 我们收听广播里的新闻报导。newspaper n报纸 (亦作: paper)He is a newspaper boy.他是个送报的报童。next adj(常与to连用)最近的;邻接的; 下一个的the next house 最近的房子紧接着的;其次的next week 下星期 nice adj好的; 友善的;合人意的;漂亮的;令人愉快的a nice shot 准确的射击He was nice to us. 他对我们很友好。How nice to see you! 见到你我很高兴!Did you boys have a nice Christmas?; Did you boys have a nice time at Christmas?孩子们,你们圣诞节过得愉快吗?This shop sells nice fruit. 这家商店卖的水果好。nineteenth adjninety numnoisy adj吵闹的;喧闹的;嘈杂的a noisy boy 吵闹的孩子the noisy city 喧闹的城市no-one pronNovember n十一月nowhere adv无处;任何地方都不nurse n护士She works as a nurse in a hospital. 她在医院里当护士。Oo'clock advOctober n十月octopus n章鱼of course (not) adv自然;当然office n营业处;办事处;事务所;办公室She works in an office. 她在办公室工作。I heard about your new job on / through the office grapevine.我是通过办公室的小道消息才听说你找到了新工作。服务处a ticket office 售票处a post office 邮局 (政府的)部、局、处the Foreign Office 外交部once adv一次,一回I go to see a film once a week. 我每周看一场电影。 "Once a month, he has to collect money from his customers.""每月一次,他得去向顾客收钱。"Once a year a race is held for old cars.每年举行一次旧式小汽车比赛。"Attention please, I'll repeat the question once more."请注意我把问题再重复一遍。从前; 曾经She once knew him. 她以前认识他。other adj剩余的,其余的,多 余的;其他的;不同的Where's my other glove? 我的那只手套在哪儿?John and the others are here. 约翰和其他人都在这儿。I haven't brought many cakes. Could you get some others? 我没有多买糕点,你有多余的吗?Think of others as well as yourself. 不仅要想到自己,也要想到别人。over adv+prep翻;颠倒; 翻转Turn the page over. 翻过这一页。 完全地;从头到尾地I have read it over. 我曾读过一遍。You'd better think it over carefully. 你最好仔细考虑一下。上方;在…上面The lamp hung over the table. 那盏灯悬挂在桌子上方。Pp.m. advpainter n油漆工 画家;绘画者paper n+adj纸a sheet of paper 一张纸 All difficulties are also paper tigers.一切困难也都是纸老虎。Have you seen today's paper? 你看到今天的报纸了吗?试卷;考卷a history paper 一份历史试卷"The history paper was really easy, so was the biology one.""历史试题确实容易,生物试题也很容易。"文章;论文;文件read a paper 宣读一篇论文 Your English paper is due.你的英语课作业该缴了。pardon inter原谅;饶恕ask for pardon 请求原谅If sb. says sth. that you do not hear, you can say "I beg your pardon?" or " Pardon?" so they will say it again. 如果有人说什么话你没有听见,你可以说“对不起,请原谅。”于是他们会再说一遍的。 "Beg pardon, I didn't quite catch your meaning.""对不起,我没听清楚你的意思。"past prep(时间)过去的;早就过去的in times past 很久以前I've been ill for the past three weeks. 我三周来一直在生病。结束的Winter is past. 冬天结束了。在…之后;超过The time is half past 4. 现在是四点半。 The train is past due.火车误点了。pepper n胡椒粉 辣椒粉 辣椒perhaps adv或许;可能Perhaps the letter will come today. 或许那封信今天能到。Perhaps our team will win. 也许我们队要赢。(礼貌地要求) Perhaps you would be good enough to read this? (= would you be ...?) 你愿意看看这个吗?photographer n摄影师,摄影piece n(常与of连用)片;块a piece of land 一块土地He took a piece of the cake. 他拿了一块蛋糕。 件;张a piece of paper 一张纸This page is a piece of paper. 这页是一张纸。pilot n飞行员;飞机驾驶员pizza n意大利肉饼planet n行星plastic n+adj塑料,塑胶塑料的a plastic bowl 塑料碗plate n盘子;碟子a plate of food 一盘食物pocket n衣袋;小袋My keys are in my coat pocket. 我的钥匙在外衣口袋里policeman/woman npolice station npoor adj贫穷的a poor family 贫穷的家庭post v邮政;邮寄You can send letters by post. 你可以邮寄信件。postcard n明信片post office n邮局prefer v(常与to连用)更喜欢;宁愿to prefer coffee to tea 喜欢咖啡胜过茶Which of these two dresses do you prefer? 这两套衣服你喜欢哪一套?present n赠品, 礼物problem n困难;难题 This thorny problem on the invironmental protection floored the new mayor.这个关于环境保护的棘手难题把新任市长难住了。待解决的问题;问题a key problem 一个关键问题The problem was how to move the heavy machinery. 问题是怎样移动这台沉重的机器。programme n节目;程序pull v拉;拖;牵to pull the door open push v把门拉开推;推动;推进They pushed the door open. 他们把门推开。Don't push against me!别推我!pyramid n金字塔Qquarter n四分之一There were four of us, so we divided the orange into quarters and each ate a piece. 我们共有四个人,因此我们把橘子分成四等分,每人吃一份。 一刻钟;15分钟a quarter past 9 九点一刻He was waiting for a quarter of an hour. 他等了一刻钟了。queen n女王;王后Rrace n+v速度竞赛;赛跑a horse race 赛马赛跑I'll race you to that tree. 我们赛跑到那棵树。ready adj-ier, -iest 准备好的The letters are ready. 准备好了。The new house is ready for occupation.新屋可以居住了。People are not ready for such drastic actions."对于这种激烈的措施,人们尚无准备。"(常与to + inf连用)愿意的ready to help 愿意帮忙 He is always ready enough to help us.他随时都准备来帮助我们。remember v(常与to + inf, that连用)记起;想起Do you remember me?你还记得我吗?Did you remember to feed the animals? 你记着喂牲口了吗? 送礼;酬劳Grandfather remembered me in his will. 祖父留下遗嘱,把一部分财产给我。(与to连用)请向…致意;代向…致意Please remember me to your mother. 请代我向你母亲致意。restaurant n餐馆Trains usually have a restaurant car.通常火车有一节餐车。rich adj有钱的;富有的right adj+n公正的;正直的 正确的;真正的a right answer 正确的答案She was right! It was upside-down!她说得对!是挂倒了!右边的;右方的right bank 右岸(顺流而下时的右岸)靠右的;向右的a right turn 向右转Richard n理查德(男子名)rucksack n. (旅行用)帆布背包Ssalad n色拉,凉拌生菜salt n盐,食盐 She put salt into her coffee by mistake.她错把盐放到咖啡里去了。same adj同一的We have lived in the same house for fifty years. 我们50年来一直住在这栋房子里。"If your team lose the game ours will lose it too, so we're both in the same boat." 相同的,一样的Meet me at the same time tomorrow. 明天的这个时间和我见面。Your pen is the same as mine. 你的钢笔和我的一样。The two boys are about the same height.这两个男孩差不多高。Sarah n萨拉(女子名)Science n科学,科学研究The chief sciences are chemistry, physics and biology. 主要的自然科学是化学、物理和生物。 学科,某门科学;学问, 学术social science 社会科学scissors n剪刀a pair of scissors 一把剪刀score v(游戏、比 赛的)得分,评分The score in the football game was 4 - 1. 足球比赛的比分是四比一。得的一分 考试得分;考试分数secret n保密的;只有少数人知道的Don't tell anyone about our plan, keep it a secret ― it's a secret plan. 不要对任何人讲我们的计划,要保密,这是一个秘密计划。 Someone has stolen the secret formula for the new drug.有人盗走了我们新药的秘密配方。secretary n秘书sell v(常与at, for连用)卖,出售,销售to sell at a discount of 15% 按八五折出售to sell at a loss 亏本出售She sold her old bicycle to me. 她把她的旧自行车卖给了我。send v送,派;递;使前往She sent me a present. 她送了我一件礼物。She sent for the doctor. 她派人去请医生。September nseventeenth adjseventy numshelf nshelves 架子;搁板He took the cup off the shelf. 他把杯子从架子上拿shorts n短裤a pair of shorts 一条短裤should v(用于间接引语,表示)将We said we shouldn't arrive till 6. 我们说过我们六点才能到。 "If it should rain tomorrow, the sports meeting would be postponed.""要是明天下雨,比赛就延期举行。"(表示责任或义务)必须,应该Children should obey their parents. 儿童应该服从他们的父母。silver n+adj银 银币,银元 银色的since prep自…以来; 自…以后I have been there many times since the war. 自那次战争以来,我曾去该地多次。 "Since then, he has developed another bad habit.""自那以后,它养成了另一种环习惯。""Since then, they have been trying to find out how the fire began.""自那时以来,他们一直在设法查明起火的原因。"singer n歌唱家single adj单一的;唯一的There is a single name on the blackboard ― whose is it? 黑板上只有一个名字,是谁的名字?sixty numski v skied, skiing 滑雪sky n天,天空The sky was blue and clean. 天空蔚蓝晴朗。 After the storm the sky cleared."暴风雨过后,天空明朗了。"sledge n+v n. 雪橇 v. 乘雪橇, 用雪橇运送smell (like) v闻,嗅He smelt the flowers. 他闻了闻花。They were all hungry and the food smelt good."他们都饿了,因而感到饭菜喷香。"snack n零食;点心;小吃snowball n雪球snowman n(用雪堆成的)雪人so adv+conj因此,所以He was sick, so they were quiet. 他病了,所以他们很安静。 为了;以便Be quiet, so he can sleep. 安静些,好让他能睡觉。soap n肥皂She washed her hands with soap. 她用肥皂洗手。soft adj柔软的, 松软的This orange is soft. 这个橘子很软。someone pron某人somewhere adv在某处;至某处At last he found somewhere to park the car. 最后他找到了某个地方来停车。soon adv即刻;不久Dinner will be ready soon. 晚饭马上就好了。sound (like) v似乎;听起来His explanation sounds all
right. 他的解释似乎有理。Your idea sounds a good one. 你的想法听起来很好。space n太空People have travelled through space to the moon. 人们已经经由太空到了月球。空地,空处There is no space for another chair in this room. 这房间没有再放一把椅子的空地了。speak v说,说话;讲话;谈话Can your child speak yet? 你的孩子会说话了吗?"Speak of angels, and you will hear their wings.""说到谁,谁就到。"(用说话以外的方式)表达,表明Actions speak louder than words. 行动胜于语言。说,使用,运用(语言)She can speak three languages. 她会说三种语言。spoon n匙,调羹spot n 斑点;污点;圆点She had spots on her face when she was ill. 当她生病的时候,她脸上有斑点。spring nstamp n邮票He collects stamps. 他集邮。station n车站railway station 火车站a bus station 公共汽车站"The railway station was big, black and dark."火车站又大又黑又暗。stay v停留Stay in
your classroom until it is time to go home. 在教室里一直待到该你们回家的时间。He stayed with his father while he was ill. 当他生病时,他和父亲待在一块儿。steal v stole, stolen, stealing 偷,盗;窃取Who stole my money? 谁偷了我的钱?still adv仍,仍然,还He came yesterday and he is still here. 他昨天来的,现仍在此。My father still remembers his first day at school. 我的父亲仍记得他上学的第一天。storm n暴风雨;雷暴雨straight on adv直线地The car went straight down the road. 小汽车一直开过这条路。strange adj奇异的;奇特的;不可思议的a strange sound 奇特的声音陌生的;生疏的; a strange city 陌生的城市street n街,街道He lives in Park Street. 他住在帕克街。Across the street from the school is the library. 从学校穿过大街就是图书馆。"Wall Street, in New York City, means the stock market and 'big money'.""华尔街在纽约市,它意味着证券市场和'巨富'。"stripe n条纹,斑纹A tiger has stripes. 老虎(身上)有条纹。student n学生,学员He is a student of history. 他是一个学历史的学生。study n.求学;学习He will finish his studies next year. 他明年将完成学业。学习I am studying art 我在学习艺术。 Does he study English?他学英语吗?subject n学科;科目English is one of our school subjects. 英语是我们学校的学习科目之一。suddenly adv突然"Suddenly someone shouted, 'It's two minutes past twelve!'"突然有人喊道:'已是12点零2分了!sugar n车站railway station 火车站a bus station 公共汽车站"The railway station was big, black and dark."火车站又大又黑又暗。suitcase nn衣箱,手提箱A suitcase is enough to take your clothes with you on holiday.一只手提箱足够装得下度假时替换的衣服。summer n夏季a summer holiday 暑假sure adj(常与of, that连用)确信的;肯定的I am sure that I put the money in the box. 我肯定把钱放在盒子里了。surname n姓氏He is called Peter Brown. Brown is his surname. 他叫彼得•布朗,布朗是他的姓。swan n天鹅sweet n糖果 餐后甜点swing n+v v. 摇摆, 摆动, 回转, 旋转 n. 秋千, 摇摆, 摆动Ttake (time) v带走You may take a horse to the water, but you cannot make him drink.(谚)引马河边易,逼马饮水难。;不要逼人做他不愿做的事。;善意不足以成事。to take a bus to work 乘公共汽车上班to take a train 乘火车tape recorder ntaste (like) v Can I taste your drink? 我可以尝一尝你的饮料吗?尝出(味道);辨出味This tea tastes sweet. 这茶的味道很香。taxi n出租汽车,计程车to take a taxi to the station 坐出租汽车去车站teach v教,教导,教授Who taught you to ride a bicycle? 谁教你骑自行车的?team n队;组;群a football team 足球队telephone n电话radio telephone 无线电话We told him the news by telephone.
我们通过电话告诉了他这个消息。Please answer the telephone. 请接电话。打电话Telephone me tomorrow. 明天给我打电话。tennis player ntent n帐篷;帐棚I went into her tent and she told me to sit down.我进了她的帐篷,她让我坐下。thank v感谢,道谢I thanked her for the present she sent me. 我感谢她送给我礼物。theatre n Last week I went to the theatre.上个星期,我去看戏。thirteenth adjthirtieth adjthirty numthousand num one in a thousand极好的人或事;不可多得through prep通过,经过We walked through the market to the truck park. 我们穿过市场到了卡车停车场。藉着;以…;经由He became rich through hard work. 他靠努力工作而致富。tidy v+adj整洁的;整齐的;有条不紊的a tidy room 整洁的房间tights n pl(女人的)紧身袜裤I want a pair of tights to go with this sweater.我要一条与这件运动衫相配的运动裤。time n时间;时光,光 kill time 消磨时间no time to watch television 没有闲功夫看电视It's time for class.上课时间到了。What's the time? 几点了? How do you spend your time at home? 你在家里怎么打发时间?I hadn't time to finish my homework. 我没有时间完成家庭作业。We have had a good time. 我们玩得很快乐。together adv一起,一块儿The children played together in the street. 孩子们在街上一起玩。同时Don't all speak together! 不要都同时说话!toilet n厕所,卫生间,洗手间Where is the toilet, please? 请问卫生间在哪儿?tomorrow n+adv明天,在明天I'm going away tomorrow. 我明天要走了tonight n+adv今晚,今夜We are going to a party tonight. 我们今晚要参加一个聚会。I hope that tonight will be dry. 我希望今晚天气干燥点。too adv(用于形容词或副词之前)太;过于He drives too fast. 他开车太快了。也I like bananas, but I like oranges, too. 我喜欢香蕉,可我也喜欢柑橘。torch n手电筒He used a torch to see into the dark cupboard. 他用一只手电筒照看黑暗的橱柜。 火把;火炬traffic n交通 Traffic police are sometimes very polite.交通警察非常有礼貌。来往的行人、车辆等The city streets are full of traffic. 城市的街道上满是行人车辆。turn v使变成to turn red 变红She turned her house into a shop. 她把房子改成了商店。turn off v关掉,turn on vtwelfth adjtwentieth adjtwenty-first adjtwice adv两次;两倍You've asked me that question twice. 那个问题你已经问过我两次了。Uumbrella n伞Take an umbrella ― it's going to rain. 带上伞吧,要下雨了。unfriendly adj不友好的,有敌意unhappy adj不快乐的,不愉快的She looked unhappy after she read the letter. 她看过信后显得挺不高兴。 不幸的uniform n n. 制服university n(综合)大学Oxford University 牛津大学A student at a state university does not have to pay very much if his parents live in that state.进入州立大学学习的学生的父母居住在这个州里,那么他就不需要支付很多学费。untidy adj不整洁的,邋遢的,杂乱的,凌乱的until prep直到…为止We can't go until Thursday. 我们要到星期四才能去。I couldn't sew until I was six. 我直到六岁时才会用针缝东西use vHow do you use a telephone? 你怎样使用电话?usually adv通常,经常Vvegetable n蔬菜visit v He will soon visit Darwin.他不久将去达尔文港。When you visit London, one of the first things you will see is Big Ben.当你参观伦敦时,首先看到的东西之一就是`大本钟'。I visited museums and sat in public gardens.我参观了博物馆,还在公园里坐过。We visited our friends in town. 我们去看望了城里的朋友。 volleyball n〈体〉排球Wwarm adj温暖的a warm fire 温暖的火 保暖的warm clothes 保暖的衣服 感觉暖和的We were warm for exercise. 我们运动后感到热。 热情的;热烈的a warm welcome 热烈的欢迎way n路,道路On the way, a young man waved to me.路上,一个年轻人挥手招呼我。whisper v低声说;耳语He is whispering to his neighbor. 他向邻座的人耳语。The two girls were whispering in the library. 这两个女孩在图书馆里低声说话whistle v哨子;汽笛; 口哨The teacher blew a whistle to start the race. 老师吹哨子开始了赛跑。When he gave a whistle, his dog ran to him. 他吹了一声口哨,他的狗就向他跑来。wife n妻子,太太will n将要,将会They say that it will rain. 他们说要下雨。 要,希望Will you come now? 你要现在来吗?Will you have some tea? 你喝点茶,好吗? 会, 会发生These things will happen. 这种事情总会发生的。William nwin v 获胜,赢Who won the race? I won but David came second. 谁在赛跑中获胜了?我获胜了,不过大卫跑第二wind n风A cold wind blew from northwest. 冷风从西北方向吹来。winter nwish n+v但愿;要是…多好I wish we had a car. 要是我们有一辆车多好啊。I wish you a very happy future.祝你一生幸福。I wish I were 30 years younger.我但愿自己能年轻三十岁。I wish I know. 但愿我知道。I wish I were a cat. 如果我是只猫多好。without prepI can't do it without your help. 没有你的帮助,我不能做这件事。to go out without a coat 没穿大衣出去wood n木 树林a house in the middle of a wood 林间小屋He was lost in the wood. 他在树林里迷路了。wool n羊毛The dress was made of wool. 这套衣服是羊毛做的。 毛线cotton wool 棉线worse adj Your work is b mine is worst of all.你的工作不好,但她的更坏,而我的最坏。It Could be Worse.可能更糟。worst adjX(No additional words at this level)Yyear nin the year of 1997 1997年last year 去年this year 今年next year 明年the year after next 后年next year's holiday 明年的假期yet adv还,尚,仍He has not come yet. 他还没有来。She is yet a child. 她还是个孩子。He was poor, yet happy. 他很穷,可是很快乐。Zzero n零Nought is another way of saying zero. ‘nought’是‘zero’的另一种说法。零点,零位,零度5 degrees above zero 零上5度The temperature was 20 degrees below zero. 温度为零下20度。页面功能:【】【字体:
】【】【】【浏览:】【】}

我要回帖

更多关于 tomorrow 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信