to sayhave nothing to sayno sad is just a lie

Bus driver loses job over Facebook post about hungry student – Schools of Thought -
05:00 AM ET
Share this on:
(CNN) - Haralson County, Georgia, school bus driver Johnny Cook couldn't get the story out of his head: A middle school student told him he hadn't eaten, and had been turned away from the lunch line because he owed 40 cents. Cook , and the story spread.
Haralson County Superintendent Brett Stanton says it didn' the child would have been offered a bagged lunch, Stanton told , but he didn't go through the lunch line.
Cook says he still
the bus driver was fired after he refused to remove the Facebook post and apologize. "I'm proud that I was able to take a stand where others might not have been able to, and that I can maybe, in some little way, cause a change," Cook told WGCL.
It's not the first time a student has reported going without a meal because
in some cases, they've been told to dump the food they've selected and are given an alternative snack, such as cheese and juice. Middle school students in Attleboro, Massachusetts, were , and about 40 elementary students in Edgewood, Kentucky,
during state testing period because of overdrawn accounts, CNN affiliate WCPO reported.
How should schools handle kids whose lunch accounts are overdrawn? What's your school's policy? Share your experiences and ideas in the comments or on Twitter .
CNN’s Schools of Thought blog is a place for parents, educators and students to learn about and discuss what's happening in education. We're curious about what's happening before kindergarten, through college and beyond. Have a story to tell? Contact us at
Follow: @CNNSchools
Related: Student NewsCNN Student News is ten minutes of commercial-free, cost free news for middle and high school classrooms.
It is available on line on our website, as a free downloadable podcast on iTunes and on HLN at 4:00 a.m. ET weekdays during the school year.
on Twitter
Thanks for reaching out!
This high school's "Uptown Funk" video made
How can adults manage conversations with young kids about complicated issues? These lessons are tried and true.
RT : I went to a for-profit college and my degree is worthless
"Wasting time on the Internet" is now a college course. Good job! You're already earning an A!
Favorite Videos
Recent Posts
<nWidgetBaseURI = "http://i./cnn/.element/widget"; var cnn_sharebarconfig={"url":"http:\/\/n.com\/\/bus-driver-loses-job-over-school-lunch-facebook-post\/","analytics":"o","platform":"d","instances":2,"getUpdatedURL":"","plugincodes":{"facebook":"","googleplus":"","twitter":"}

我要回帖

更多关于 nothing to say 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信