所属版本: 新人教版
上传时间:
下载次数:31次
资料类型:
文档大小:983KB
所属点数: 0点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0 点,】
资料概述与简介
【活学活用】 (1)[2015·广东卷·阅读C] One traditional belief about television is that it reduces a child's ability to think and to understand the world.
关于电视的一种传统看法是,它会降低孩子的思维能力和理解世界的能力。 (2)[2014·新课标全国卷Ⅱ·阅读B] The number of cities producing CO beyond the standard has been reduced from 40 __________ 9.
超标排放一氧化碳的城市数量已经从40个减少到9个了。 Unit 2 Working the land
考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 to (3)His ____________ wages have forced him to send 20 per cent less money home to his mother.
他工资的减少使他不得不将寄给他母亲的钱减少了20%。 (4)During the famine, many people were reduced to __________(eat) grass and leaves.
许多人在饥荒时被迫靠吃青草啃树叶来充饥。 Unit 2 Working the land
reduced 考 点 互 动 探 究
eating 返回目录 ◇ 短语储存 ◇ 1 build up 
积累;建立;开发
add up 加起来;合计
(太阳)升起;发生;被提及
捡起;学会
拿起;开始;从事
向上看;查找
吃光;吃完 Unit 2 Working the land
take 考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 【活学活用】 (1)He has built up a good business over the years from a small beginning.
几年后他已从小本经营发展为一个大的企业。(建立) (2)To learn a language well you must build up a useful vocabulary.
要学好一种语言,你必须逐步积累有用的词汇。(积累) (3)The movie company spent much money building up its new picture.
这家电影公司花了大量的钱给它的新片子做广告宣传。(宣传,夸耀)
Unit 2 Working the land
考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 (4)用up短语的适当形式填空。 ①The two countries have been ____________ a great deal of confidence and trust over the last few years. ②His wife told him to __________ some picture books for the children on his way back. ③Influenced by a high-school biology teacher, he __________ the study of medicine. Unit 2 Working the land
考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 building up pick up took up 2 lead to 导致;造成(后果) (1)lead/have/live a(n)…life 过着……的生活
lead the way
lead sb into
带某人进入
lead sb to do sth  
使得/诱使某人做某事 (2)result in
导致 Unit 2 Working the land
考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 【活学活用】 (1)[2015·福建卷·阅读A] A week-long celebration leads up to an exciting tomato battle as the highlight of the week's events.
长达一周的庆祝活动最终会迎来一场令人兴奋的番茄大战,而这是庆祝的亮点。 (2)[2014·北京卷·阅读B] I'm proud that my family remained clear-headed when panic could __________ a very different outcome.
当恐慌本可能导致一个完全不同的后果时,我很自豪我的家人都保持着清醒的头脑。 Unit 2 Working the land
have led to 考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 (3)The secretary led me __________ the manager's office and let me wait for a while.
秘书把我领进经理的办公室,并让我稍等片刻。 (4)The discovery of the new evidence eventually led to the official's ____________________(arrest).
新的证据的发现最终导致这名官员被捕。 (5)These incidents changed the balance of various opinions within the company, ____________ this week's decision at last.
这些事件打破了公司内部不同意见之间的平衡,并最终导致了本周的决定。 Unit 2 Working the land
to/into 考 点 互 动 探 究
being arrested/arrest 返回目录 leading to ◇ 句型透视 ◇ He would much rather keep time for his hobbies.
他宁愿把时间花在他自己的爱好上。
句型公式  sb would rather (not) do 宁愿(不)……,宁肯(不)……
Unit 2 Working the land
考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 Unit 2 Working the land
【句式点拨】
此句中would rather为情态动词,后接动词原形。使用would rather…than…句型时要注意平行结构,即than 的前后要用两个同类的词或词组,如两个名词、两个介词短语等。该句型的反意疑问句通常用“wouldn't…?”。 考 点 互 动 探 究 返回目录 Unit 2 Working the land
考 点 互 动 探 究
【相关拓展】
(1)would rather do than do/would do rather than do
宁愿做……而不愿做……
(2)would rather have done 本来想做而实际未做
(3)would rather sb did sth 表示对现在或将来的虚拟
would rather sb had done sth表示对过去的虚拟 返回目录 【活学活用】 (1)[2014·陕西卷·单项填空] We would rather our daughter stayed at home with us, but it is her choice, and she is not a child any longer.
我们很想让女儿在家陪我们,但是那是她的选择,她已不再是个孩子了。 (2)Rather than ________in such bad conditions, he would give up.
他宁愿放弃也不愿在这样差的条件下工作。 Unit 2 Working the land
work 考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 (3)Henry would rather that his girlfriend ________in the same department as he does.
亨利希望他的女朋友和他在一个部门工作。 (4)I'd rather you _______________ him the news that day.
我真希望你那天没有把那个消息告诉他。 (5)I would rather ________________the theatre than stayed home last night.
我真希望昨天晚上去看戏了而不是待在家里。 Unit 2 Working the land
worked hadn't told 考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 have gone to 2
In 1973, he became the first agricultural pioneer in the world to grow rice that has a high output.
1973年,他成了世界上第一位种植高产水稻的农业先锋。
句型公式 
the first/last/best/right/only/very…+n.+to do sth第一个/最后一个/最好的一个/合适的/唯一的/恰好的……做某事的人/物 Unit 2 Working the land
考 点 互 动 探 究
【句式点拨】
当the first,the last,the best,the only,the very,the right等修饰名词,且这些词与动词不定式有逻辑上的主谓关系时,常用不定式作定语。此外way,time,reason,chance,opportunity,need,wish,effort,right,ambition等名词也常接不定式作定语。 考 点 互 动 探 究 返回目录 【活学活用】 (1)Most people know that Marie Curie was the first woman to win the Nobel Prize, and the first person to win it twice.
许多人都知道居里夫人是获得诺贝尔奖的第一位女士,同时也是两次获此殊荣的第一人。 (2)Neil Armstrong was the first man __________ (land)on the moon in July, 1969.
尼尔·阿姆斯特朗是第一个于1969年7月登上月球的人。 Unit 2 Working the land
to land 考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 (3)Two thousand workers had been sacked before the company found a way ____________(solve) the problem.
在公司找到解决问题的办法之前,已有两千名工人被解雇了。 (4)[2015·湖南卷·阅读C] In an effort __________ (clean) up quickly, Mrs Byrnes tossed all the dishes into a big bread pan, covered them with a cloth, and stuck them in the oven.
为了快速清理干净,伯恩斯夫人把所有的盘子扔到一个大面包盘上,盖上一块布后把它们塞进了烤箱。 Unit 2 Working the land
to solve to clean 考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 Ⅰ.单句填空 1.Instead of ____________(disturb) her, the news had a strangely calming effect. 2.In the future, we can send robots __________________ (equip) with cameras and other tools to do observation for us. 3.What a pity! We would rather ____________(follow) our teacher's advice yesterday. 4.Nowadays, this special strain of rice makes _______ possible for farmers to produce one third more of the crop in the same field. Unit 2 Working the land
步 步 跟 踪 验 收 返回目录 disturbing (which are) equipped had followed it 5.It is generally believed that the more fertile a piece of field is, ____________(high)
output of grain it produces. 6.—What do you think of her speech last night?
—Just so-so. She gave us too much information, so that everyone got ____________(confuse). 7.For decades, they have been struggling ____________(search) for ways to increase rice harvests, but without success. 8.At first I regretted __________(invite) them to stay, but we soon became great friends.
Unit 2 Working the land
步 步 跟 踪 验 收
返回目录 the higher confused to search inviting 9.Shortly after suffering from a massive earthquake and________________(reduce) to ruins, the city took on a new look. 10. Damon proposed to me the other day and I told him that if he gave me as much __________(free) as possible, I would marry him. Unit 2 Working the land
步 步 跟 踪 验 收
返回目录 being reduced freedom Ⅱ.单句改错 1.If you stress the wrong words, the listener will misunderstand your message or just feel very confusing.  
____________________________________________                                   2.It is the lack of movement, along with fatty diets, that lead to putting on weight in most people.  
____________________________________________                                   3.He is the only one of the five young men in the village that have been struggling to succeed in his business.
____________________________________________                                             Unit 2 Working the land
步 步 跟 踪 验 收 返回目录 confusing改为confused lead改为leads have改为has 4.We students should equip with knowledge as the competition nowadays is very fierce.  
____________________________________________                                    5.Chinese farmers will never forget the great contributions Yuan Longping has made to rid them of hunger and poverty.
____________________________________________                                    6.Wouldn't you rather your child become successful with his study and on the scholarship?
____________________________________________                                                                     Unit 2 Working the land
步 步 跟 踪 验 收 返回目录 equip后加ourselves rid改为ridding become改为became 7.It was in 1862 that the American slaves won their struggle with freedom.  
____________________________________________                                    8.I regret tell you that your problems are beyond my power. You'll have to turn to some other one, I'm afraid.  
____________________________________________                                                                                    Unit 2 Working the land
步 步 跟 踪 验 收 返回目录 with改为for regret后加to 9.The news shocked the public, leading great concern about students' safety at school.  
____________________________________________                                    10.It's our hope that we will play a greater role in the market place and however, supply more jobs.
____________________________________________                                                  Unit 2 Working the land
步 步 跟 踪 验 收 返回目录 leading后加to however 改为therefore Unit 2 Working the land
佳 作 晨 读 赏 析
考 点 互 动 探 究 步 步 跟 踪 验 收 基 础 自 主 梳 理 返回目录
假如你住在一个涉外小区。社区委员会请你帮忙根据以下提示用英文写一封电子邮件,将社区邀请居民参加“乡村耕作活动”的细节传达给住户。 佳 作 晨 读 赏 析 Unit 2 Working the land
返回目录 活动宗旨 亲近自然,锻炼身体 参加人员 所有感兴趣的小区居民 内容 种菜、养花、喂鱼等 时间 本周六上午9:00—12:00(如果天气允许) 地点 距离小区5千米远的一家农场 出行方式 集体骑自行车前往 ——
精 彩 美 文
Hi, everyone!
To get close to nature and do more exercise, all residents who are interested in farming are invited to take part in an activity organized by the Committee of our community. Weather permitting, we'll ride bicycles to do some farming this Saturday on a farm, about 5 kilometres away from our community from 9:00 am to 12:00 am. We can grow some vegetables, plant some flowers, and raise fish in the lake nearby. You will be trained and guided while farming. Not only will you enjoy the pleasure 佳 作 晨 读 赏 析 Unit 2 Working the land
返回目录 佳 作 晨 读 赏 析 Unit 2 Working the land
返回目录 of labour and relax, but also you can taste fresh products picked by your own hands if you are willing to.
Everyone is welcome to attend!
名 师 点 睛
—— 1.文章体裁:应用文——电子邮件。 2.行文逻辑:写邮件的目的→邮件的内容→表达愿望。 3.词汇短语:运用了较高级的词汇和短语。如:be interested in(对……感兴趣),take part in(参加),raise fish(养鱼),be willing to do(愿意做……)等。 佳 作 晨 读 赏 析 Unit 2 Working the land
返回目录 4.句式句法:运用了多样化的句式结构。如:①定语从句:who are interested in farming are invited to take part in an activity organized by the Committee of our community;②独立主格结构:Weather permitting;③现在分词短语作状语:while farming;④倒装句:Not only will you enjoy the pleasure of labour and relax, but also you can taste…;⑤过去分词作定语:picked by your own hands;⑥状语从句:if you are willing to等。 佳 作 晨 读 赏 析 Unit 2 Working the land
返回目录 Ⅰ.单词荟萃 1.__________adj.引起烦恼的;令人不安的→________ v.打扰;麻烦 2.________vt.& vi.循环;流传→__________n.循环;流传 3.________n.自由;自主→________adj.自由的;免费的 4._______vt.& vi.配备,装备→___________n.设备 5.___________n.工作,职业;占领→________v.占用,使从事,把注意力集中于……;占领, 占据 Unit 2 Working the land
disturb circulate circulation free disturbing freedom 基 础 自 主 梳 理
equip equipment occupation occupy 返回目录 6.________vt.使迷惑;使为难→________adj.感到迷惑的→___________adj.令人迷惑的 7.________vt.& n.后悔,遗憾→________adj.后悔的,遗憾的 8.___________n.生产,制造→___________adj.生产的→________v. 生产,制造 9.________n.发现,发觉→________v.发现 10.________vt.减少,缩减→___________n.减少,缩减 Unit 2 Working the land
confused confusing
regret regretful production produce discovery
reduction confuse productive discover
reduce 基 础 自 主 梳 理
Ⅱ.短语检测
1.从那时起
4.使……摆脱/除去
使……不含(有害物)_______________________ Unit 2 Working the land
since then search for thanks to rid…of be satisfied with would rather build up lead to focus on keep…free from/of 基 础 自 主 梳 理
返回目录 Ⅲ.佳句再现 1.Yuan Longping grows _____________ super hybrid rice.
袁隆平种植的水稻被称为超级杂交水稻。 2.Using his hybrid rice, farmers are producing harvests __________________before.
用他的杂交水稻种子,农民们种出的粮食比以前多了一倍。 3._______________________leads to poor health and, therefore, sickness.
没有足够的食物导致身体不健康,从而引发疾病。 Unit 2 Working the land
what is called twice as large as Not having enough food 基 础 自 主 梳 理
返回目录 4.____________________hunger is very important for some African countries.
对一些非洲国家来说,摆脱饥饿是非常重要的。 5.______________new scientific farming methods, they have been able to use less farmland than in the past.
有了新的科学的耕种方法,他们能够使用比过去少的耕地(生产出与过去同等量的稻子)。 Unit 2 Working the land
To get rid of Equipped with 基 础 自 主 梳 理
返回目录 Ⅳ.课文回顾
Yuan Longping, 1.________(know) as China's “father of hybrid rice”, is one of China's most famous scientists. Over the past five decades, he 2. ______________________________ (struggle) for an approach to increasing the output of rice without expanding the area of the fields. Born in 1930, Dr Yuan graduated from Southwest Agricultural College in 1953. Since then, 3.________ (find) ways to grow more rice has been his life goal. At that time, 4.________ (hungry) was a 5.___________ (disturb) Unit 2 Working the land
known has struggled/has been struggling finding 基 础 自 主 梳 理
返回目录 hunger disturbing
problem in many parts of the countryside. In 1973, he
became the first agricultural pioneer in the world 6.________ (grow) rice that has a high output. His dream to help the world get rid of hunger came true.
Dr Yuan devoted himself to the research into agriculture and 7.____________(honour) by UNESCO & FAO. He is quite 8.________ (satisfy) with his life but doesn't care about being famous or leading a 9. ____________ (comfort) life. 10. ________________he is 70 years old, he is still working on the research into agriculture. Unit 2 Working the land
to grow was honoured satisfied 基 础 自 主 梳 理
返回目录 comfortable Although/Though
◇ 单词点睛 ◇ 1
struggle vi.& n.(to try very hard to do sth when it
is difficult or when there are a lot of problems)斗争,拼搏;努力;挣扎 struggle with 与……斗争 struggle for
为争取……而斗争 struggle against
与……斗争;为反对……而斗争 struggle to do sth (=make great efforts to do sth)
努力做某事 struggle to one's feet
挣扎着站起来 Unit 2 Working the land
考 点 互 动 探 究
【易混辨析】 struggle, fight与battle (1)struggle意为“斗争”,指那些费力、艰苦、时间也
较长的斗争。 (2)fight意为“战斗”,指人与人或动物与动物用武器
或者不用武器的战斗。 (3)battle 常指战争中的一次战役。 考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 【活学活用】 (1)[2015·陕西卷·阅读D] Robinson suggested that may be because parents themselves struggle to understand the tasks.
鲁宾逊暗示这可能是因为父母自己在努力理解孩子们的功课。
(2)[2014·陕西卷·阅读C] Why do Americans struggle ________watching their weight, while the French, who consume rich food, continue to stay thin?
为什么美国人拼命注意体重,而法国人吃着油腻的食物却仍然很瘦? Unit 2 Working the land
with 考 点 互 动 探 究
(3)Most animals have to ____________existence in a dangerous world.
大多数动物得在这个充满危险的世界上为生存而竞争。
(4)The soldier was badly wounded but he struggled _____his feet at last.
这个战士受了重伤,但最后他还是挣扎着站了起来。
(5)The children talked so loudly at dinner table that I had to struggle ____________(hear).
在用餐时孩子们高声谈话以至于我必须大声说话以被听到。 Unit 2 Working the land
struggle for to 考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 to be heard 2
equip vt. (to supply sb/sth with what is needed for a particular purpose) 装备,配备 Unit 2 Working the land
考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 【活学活用】 (1)[2013·湖北卷·阅读A] When I was thirteen years old, I went on a long journey on foot in a great valley, well-equipped with pens, a diary, and a camera.
当我十三岁的时候,带着钢笔、日记和相机,我徒步在一个大峡谷进行了一场长途旅行。 (2)We must equip young teachers __________(deal) with difficult students.
我们必须让年轻教师具备应对问题学生的能力。 Unit 2 Working the land
考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 to deal (3)When they leave school, they_________________
for obtaining office jobs.
离校时,他们将有能力获得在办公室工作的机会。 (4)________________himself with necessary knowledge and skills, the young man went to the job market with much confidence.
具备了必要的知识和技能后,这个年轻人满怀信心地去了就业市场。 Unit 2 Working the land
will be equipped Having equipped 考 点 互 动 探 究
regret vt.(to feel sorry, disappointed, or distressed about)为……感到遗憾,惋惜 n.遗憾, 悔恨 (1)to one's regret 让某人遗憾的是
regret to do sth
为要做的事感到遗憾(未做)
regret doing sth
为做过的事感到遗憾、后悔 (已做过)
have no regrets
with great regret
非常遗憾 (2)regretful adj.
后悔的;失望的 Unit 2 Working the land
考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 【活学活用】 (1)[2014·福建卷·完形] He could have gone on regretting it, as too many of us do.
和我们中的许多人一样,他本来可能一直遗憾下去。 (2)Much ______________, I can't accept your invitation.
很抱歉,我不能接受你的邀请。 Unit 2 Working the land
to my regret 考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 (3)We regret ____________ (inform) you that your application has not been successful.
我们很遗憾地通知您,您的申请未通过。 (4)I regret __________________(leave) I should have planned everything ahead carefully.
我很遗憾未能完成工作,我本来应该事先仔细地把每件事情都规划好。 Unit 2 Working the land
to inform 考 点 互 动 探 究
having left/leaving 返回目录
focus n. (the thing or person that people ar the act of paying special attention to sth and making people interested in it)焦点;中心点 vt.(to give attention, effort, etc. to one particular subject, situation or person rather than another)集中;聚焦 (1)focus on 集中(注意力、精力等)于
focus…on…
把……聚集在……上面 (2)adjust the focus
out of focus
没对准焦距 Unit 2 Working the land
考 点 互 动 探 究
【温馨提示】
和focus…on同义的短语还有concentrate…on, fix…on等。 考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 【活学活用】 (1)He always wants to be the focus of attention.
他总想成为关注的焦点。 (2)I don't lik they make my eyes go ____________ and I can't see clearly.
我不喜欢服用那些药,因为那些药伤我的眼睛,使我看不清楚东西。 Unit 2 Working the land
考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 out of focus
(3)When the coin failed to appear, attention ____________once more on poor Lebeau.
当找不到那枚硬币以后,大家的注意力再次转移到了可怜的Lebeau身上。 (4)When Lisa stood before the audience, she felt very uneasy with all the eyes __________ her.
当莉萨站在观众面前的时候,由于所有的目光都集中在她的身上,她感到很不自在。 Unit 2 Working the land
was focused 考 点 互 动 探 究
focused on 返回目录
confuse vt. (to cause to be unable to think clearly)使迷惑;使为难;使混乱;混淆 (1)confuse with 混淆;把……混同;辨别不清
be confused by
被……弄混/糊涂 (2)confused adj.
糊涂的,迷惑的(表示人的内心感受)
be confused about
对……糊涂/不解 (3)confusing adj.
难以理解的,不清楚的(表示事物的状态) Unit 2 Working the land
考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 【活学活用】 (1)[2015·重庆卷·完形B] Imagine the first days in a new time zone. Slow to respond to the change, your body clock is confused.
想象一下刚到一个新时区的头几天,因为你的生物钟还是混乱的,所以要慢慢去适应这种变化。 (2)[2014·新课标全国卷Ⅰ·阅读C] With its focus divided, the lion becomes __________and is unsure about what to do next.
当注意力被分散后,狮子开始变得困惑,不确定接下来该做什么。 Unit 2 Working the land
考 点 互 动 探 究
返回目录 confused (3)It's hard to see any scheme in t it's very __________.
很难看出这篇文章的结构,因为它非常混乱。 (4)The situation remains __________ as both sides claim success.
由于双方均宣称获胜,故形势依然不明朗。 Unit 2 Working the land
confusing 考 点 互 动 探 究
confusing 返回目录
reduce vt. (to bring down)缩减,减少;使变弱
reduced adj. 减少的;简化的
reduce to…
reduce by…
减少了……
be reduced to… 沦落为……(to为介词)
be reduced to despair
reduce weight/speed
reduce one's expenditure