W()youcanttakemyeyesoffyouyourballt()?NoIwon,tW()n()?

Genealogy Research Coupon
Contact Me
Contact Form
* indicates required field
Limited Time Special Offer
Recent Posts
Recent CommentsArchives
Categories
Powered byRead the Text Version
I^L. LI—NO. 38
3<<tojmttout-foator
On Thursday
WOODBRIDGE, N. J., THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29, 1959
lrrfd <>&& Man
PRICK TEN CENTS
P. 0.. Won4hrldlf, N, J,
This Is HowHorse Players are Born!
Township Man
140,000 Long[weetnessI andTuesday&#39;s ElectionLight
Fervor Runs HighSites SuggestedbyiCHABLES E. GREGORY
voters of Wood-Township areap-
Plan B Called
ling completion of
Adequate for Need
ition Campaign, and
Party Heads Confident^WOODBRIDGE—Three pos-
to have withstood|ordeal successfully.
sible sites for school constnic-
|tlon -one for Junior High
School purposes and the other
As Camppaign Nears EndM&y SeitBENJAMIN I. KANTOR one In the Democratic Admiu-j &#92;&However, there seems tobeith only few excep-
I two for high school construc-
RecordiRepublican Chairman) Istratlon has been able to an-no question in the minds of, , the candidates of
tion—were proposed to the
parties have sought
Board of Education by theinduct their appeals to
Master Plan Committee of the [people with dignity
Plnnnlng Board, Monday
Present from the Planning with an eye to the
Board were Norman Tanzman. Questions — Questions — swer the question &#92;&why Wood- intelltgent voters 1 have tulkedi
— and this iscer-
chairman: Donald Barnickel Questions — and no answers. bridge Township could notget with that the confusion came WOODBRIDGE — A record
to the credit of all
jTheodore Brichze
and Gordon
Republican
candl-.i&#39;Otr is expected Tuesday when
Gels, Community
Planning As-
This Is the record of the Demo- the builder- to provide school
Townshipp voters go to the poltajiem. Theelectorate, if
paid even a mini-
cratic Administration.
ibuildings andlands, and why so
BsWBctBpniesoouioaoncnuTubrayidigknolhraniledosntceaeneBvelnsCyltoe,o..&#39;stfoasiJoolrt.EfooedftiphhnndsR,dreinudSaeereccpwscahCiratlthdoeFihisnnsioeoawciitPtt,nwtiDoeo*gahrSot,reedrsu,ieaacRpPFsPyrktecroaelharrllaiieAonpbInneykhnne--,!efWWDNQssocuueelhoAoFpiimiomoapgtotohdrlloreeylebcanyrrrtitardhtrhbtewhegieVfuecceelhieeolpaaMTcdntntaetiotCeasnsrwdwystpgam,osannertrdsrewt.theInihditaoopioaennarttLgysedtkesehctaeaohoerdgslfsecoaut,Monttethuhadoonelrxesffdo,r.j&#39;jcvmqsohuoan&#92;&eltnpeTfs(uyr.(thDisCsoelEeoonnrmoDtgnehfWtoeticnhrsArWuaceasRetaetuoidmmDcrtorhpsdooiSabCnsuiErgtnhlVPodnhdaagLiiangreEbsmgefReobaT2mren)oeU)uwnttnhtWnle--i[Iooarwcvpefnrteitec&#92;&&#92;&dsrratEIhaaintmtIf&#39;(ieclfuntCoduthsldelnoteoeiintlbrncttehthheisloescii,nisrnrlaonakutnecbhcsit,diaonoeehnsrygnenesof.youc,unfoeistnnniPhtboddthaerneeaoegaclieiRdaer&#92;&bsvmiiee2cnspfrect&#39;eaiuaudoetbeunbWinlltmllsdyes-,-!j![!TbtotmbaSomhflroocyereeAwnhe.memdotellntfshebo*oaocileeursFtCrsrsLrsiSuofeaonariehefvmcenfheSelfpoduromtietrirsfhdlarfo.dfiwefetetvT,*endtaiH(TM)erddrueCaoSido,msnueso.tung—senauaneenana$ttsttoShtMnhoyy6feirdeo,an8,Afcy0Cbon0osteFh.eahller0lea,vlrmrOelrceeegokfAh*en*ettj-
of attention to the en and spoken cam-
HOPELAWN WINNER IN IRISH SWEEPSTAKES: Mr. and Mrs. Nicholas Mallas, 28 the Ieelln area, are recom-
for the expansion of the State . word, should be able
eh an intelligent de-
Richard Avenue, are shown above in their living-room with thr winning ticket on &#92;&Rexe- mended in place of the Free
Kenny &#39;Plot&#39; colleges, Olassboro, Jersey Citjii*
The Candidates Speak . . .quirt,&#92;& A 25-1 long shot Ihut won the racing classic yesterday in Npwmarkrt,
Montdolr, Newark, Paterso^l
on its Tuesday
School Lands.Ces.
* o *o &#39;
general, the incumb-&#92; Democratic adminis- Bn has relied upon its rmance in office as
By IIARBARA BAI.FOUR
hnvp trn& whnlp amount without paying
&#92;&We do not think it is wise
and Trenton, Newark Culleg? ient proof of itsca-
any tax?&#39; What an idea! I&#39;d rather stay
WOODBRIDGE — If you have no
right in this country even If I do have
to loeote th<>>>some of 4he land is pri-
hlch, if approved, would giv<< of pride to this record,holds a winning ticket on Rexequus, a
the expansion of
23-1 long shot in the Cambridgeshire
Mr. Mallas figures that of the total
vately owned&#92;&, Mr. Tanzman
I S EL I N — Committeeman
governing body of dhemUr.
Handicap yesterday, The ticket Is be-
, he will dear about $60,000 after
icipallty the right to license ary and security fa-
lieved to be worth $140,000.
(iominitteeiuan-al-l^arge
Peter Schmidt today emphati-
uch games for charitable, re*
, of road improve-
Mr. Tanzman and other
cally denied that he was ln!
gious, civic or fraternal pur-
of improved street
Another Township resident, David
members of thePlanning Board
)O<< use of turnpike surplus
ig. It has, further,
Greenberg of 5 Alastair Place, Colonia.
&#92;&Though I still can&#39;t believe I&#39;m really
have contended the Township
HUGH B. QUIGLEY (Democrat)
ny way responsible for the
or a transportation fund and
concrete plans for
was notified Monday that he hadwon
going to get any of it,&#92;& he says with a
&#92;&cannot afford to turn, the
lunday closing law, which
11,000 (or his hone, &#92;&Pacifico.&#92;& in the
grin. &#92;&I&#39;vehad no official notification of
lifflcultles with the Alcoholic
ould ban the Sunday sale of
Iture but haserred, I
same race. Mr, Greenberg also is a com-
winning, <<xcept an airmail letter Mon-
School Lands over lor
Beverage Commission encoun-
lothlng, building materials,
in not accompany-
plete newcomer to the bangtails.
day saying that my horse was Rexequus
school purposes&#92;& as it Is ideally
ered by theIndependent Dem-
urniture and appliances.
and the number. HXH-38936.&#92;&
{located for an industrial park
icratlc candidate in the Fourth
The local campagin has been|these blueprints with
The Hspelawn winner who lives with
which would give the municl-
Vard, Edward Kenney.
iectlc during the past weeks
Dlanation of the man-
hit wife *W& three teen-age sons at 28
jpality much-needed ratables.
ind voters have been swamped
, which the proposals Richard Avenue says he Plans to p a r off
Although he did not men-
Ith literature &#39;and campaign
be financed out of
bit mortgage tint with hit winning*.
Mr. Tanzman said thfe Plan-
ion Mr,Kenney by name, Mr.
ning? Board will meet soon, pos-
Schmidt, who is seeking re.
* * <>riol Starting slowly, the campaign
position In the matter
nlng mates—William
Grausam, 1st W Leon J. Blanchard,
in a smear1 has gained Impetus to such &n
&#92;&I just hope Nick will take a vacation,
2nd W Anthony
J, McNutty, ttd.W 7 - t e m veteran never
sites.&#92;&
Yesterday, Mr. Bojttts ad- Peter Schmidt, 4th W and Howard N. Kay. i t h Ward—1 ampalgn )ust to win an elec- lextent that it is&#39;subject of d i >>
and it couldn&#39;t happen to a nicer guy,&#92;&
tion.&#92;&
mitted t h t * two and to re-et<> * . *
feiit faces its. most decisive HKVISEU $H.:i(l(J,OUO IIOHflTAI. PLANS: Above Is a rendering of the enlargement of Perth Amboy General Hospital,con- opponent is Fred-
challenge t h i s afternoon struction of which will be started in March. Original plans were changed in nrder to permit more orderly operation of theM. Adams, member
whiiii the team meets Pls-
hospital during construction. The architects are r errm i & Taylor.
of the Township&#39;s
cutawuy in the final action
fine families. Vig-
PERTH AMBOY-Perth Am-, though the building fund cum-&#39; Announcement was ma debeen made m theoriginal pinna
and with the as-
which seems to be
The Woodbridge sharp- boy General Hospital will ask palgn is etlll $450,000 short of{that the hospital has qualified for ^placement ot 117 unito
shooters scored No. 27yes- for bids in January for its$3,- its goal, the Board remains for the grant of $150,000 fromceptable beds, addition of 100
asset of legal
terday afternoon by beating 300,000 construction program&#39;, fully confident -that with the the Rlppel Foundation A oon-new beds, and construction ottioners, he has given
Somerville A win todiy will and expects to start ^building continuation of the drive djtlon of the gra^nt was that-diagnostic and clinic facilitiesrty this year a new
give the local marksmen an in March, an announcement through the end of the year,&#39;$l,300,000, exclusive of conlrl<<-|The first plans were altered
undefeated season for the today by the Board ot Oover-^this 64m will be realised. ThUjbutione by the medical staff, when it became apparent that ntlnued on Page 2&
second time in league his- Inors stated.
will be necessary it the fulljbe raised through public sub- their use would have interfere^
severely with the operation
PAVS VISIT: fwty member* were on hand last uJght to w.kome the Gov-
tory, The team went undB- Th<< w p p
grant front ti&<>r* Seyler, l^ichacl Trainer, l.eun N u w l u r d , W p u i Orausam.
|of the hospital during t h e taft*
Z Z S m i t h , Peter Schmidt, Sen.John Lynch and Mayor H. *.
f.-uted in 1955 with 24vic- jjbeen approved both by Federal eral governawU is to be re-|.thl>> condition WM met.
Cpn&iderabl* clumgei navel (Continue* on P<<*e 2) u
agencies. Even celved.- PAGE TWO
THURSDAY,- OCTOBER 29, 1959:Party Heads Confident Sweeps Winner |^jsS?J?ir^.S|More Police Sweetness andLightKANTOR
Democrat ,,.,,,,,
bridge Township, that voters
Mr. Miller, who h,
jwetencarefully their decision
only one year, |1;,&#39;,
laftor matching the candidates (Continued from Page 11 Public co-operation will be
vigorous voico un
and their abilities—point by Amboy and have lived In Hope- sought In all the communitiesTuesday&#39;s Seen Needed DHi aebledt iLc a.s.t .&#92;.i&j,t&#39;&#92;&&#39;&#92;&&#39;ofbgtlicmftbnbei&#39;fhaneoihsiouulwnpeteaanePriitwkeananblltgt(ieddhliosCnsiltlfnHieeaeteifgonagnlrnramc-rnengwsoeraoratsrfdtsemcnaeohsrninwenSenofcesssmiihaeenioi&udcaswttlstnnrrahueenhhaeeugesddlgedctrsimaeednrcnchyrrowntd<<htueiitfFila-nodnehuoitmoarilaooroogtaomntynff<>nsmloepertids>>iwsfshtn~nwrC.iayw>>hPoefarasg&n&ofoempenas$i-dq<>tsosnhi0nn&#92;&eeii.oaoil.wnnse0ne1Is--&#92;&-lt.e;i;noc<<vVeb,ccrttgt&#39;fohxi.oaaaoo.fgeo&#92;&uedontn&#92;&ie&#92;&,,tvhMecnco-ldiMrmgmryetyu,Chisicsaare.datf|^eoantitt(gt0acvactc.n,nmwc(tunehhtodhpe^.hierldciwnteetodnd,dh<<Murutsae|oMta—she.pr(.ehgUxdoootaae.ediereapldnyalsc.p.bvsi,eot<>etditn-heees*ti&#39;(i,&#39;Iih$gawhett,pS&#39;|lBglThhaCT*1db1iualwrilweeeao&#92;&&#39;,hMove&#92;&nn<<n0*rNineaueen-nen0no^EaertMtl8otf0enea..eop9&#92;&oitblrrrrtectavsoaMrsdofatMxtlmlaiTewo,Ndatstldoprrhreapknyhwea.eieJeyeoemsateerrlwHoaorh&#39;Olysihtafseh*sorssirbcsoanYAeDpg°wseoPoil1vtegmdeiojnutuai1dretlaiuewnnWr,aPhlr4nIiknssldnkbmwnsr0foliltdeneeaeFh,nonao0redrrnCfomatyrn0sngmAetikIremto0eeensie&#39;rwecnssaliclaaygsdCaenmoo.matlro.sneooigwnwshtse.ionHim.ha.,lexotinnfs&#92;&antasneamacpnumxybntinlssTritlwooiaoicaieernlhonyvuIeroasifdetongleee-sfistltfl.hf[Pi!jisjplowotttWtgs&#39;antorhe<<rravaeamahson.Telennotrdi.icter(soraihc<<yWi.mzdehCtdhocue&#92;&eeeteo,tnn&#92;&aoaadhdisAtkhinoheis.pcnetatontnamgtaiihigvhftnvyrlnmaealoeeueewpl-cnyueexrwBlooauipwedstinungimdoestnstdlortreghffadrovirriwrveicrovber,ebhsdamiseseblouti-l,iieesutnysnttiodabeorhgePntonelisaeefgalnfdtrtnift,gbanshsihtasctetougieapuiwebeeoMlitilepimluurnllacdtr)patthiaiieieyttooonienoeendnoadrrfipdddtt.-rr-s!ew&#39;,opsHmw^a1ttIahhhf9paoi-unteWeMai6Rl&#92;&tpulfgt-nr0tTthobeloh&#92;&OPsadhceil,neaeOeeoBulb—tlnynapeiDmrtdce.tehnlleg1aBaneyQ-ocdQt0necwrneohRyuuFutctn&#92;&aogaeIttiioesDgtaaorognIhpsrhoidnsndilldcdsGd&#39;efeekeneamaeeyyecEqeor11rwatooyeaue02hualmnmC,psidafennad-tntipacoeveitatu.ddeaomlrreliuelymdieirtnfeng,atteoM1nbohthIad5drS2itedepta3i.lae-roacpc,rhyyommvfnotoitetueieIolrhheeucanlwsatdnneerrerttr|ijohTdoatavsttmuahlftnnnoeifho^rlteuoneddnin(aeernassCocelnnit,iedmocwiMgttts_sntytdhetwhhbtgi.rhreiawtibatn.ioenorchaeuInei-aAhrfiifeclpnosaldtnIdridooatrlceasddtiyfamrihbdfeh&#92;&rtstmrplyioeiecei|fetIBdmetiosr,RnvshreajmnafsseebhoePfytCeImpsailhariasdvSeHiducnsginteseeAauesebryfcnnraesmaolrRgae1ctieetae&ernLrceualbvee—r.earE—crnilaleecinenSnye-dt- oltjgppSErMWepDwt,aeu,ianr.liucoerahaansdcTcaghGbnmvneetgaNrrhelmhRaridstmimdl,eeuoc.rEI,eyiorlarenedrTGteivwsrNnynatteettOhJ,h,tthtrTciIohusohRc#ueoeasI.fheosDefreranssnerldoaneveadTnFtIe,meaytehwtonHhokhthw_RAeJoehiueuaerrntcerinitre.g<<nnahchrgp-&#39;tticsahndh.hhdreuaoai.teerioaes.b,nmevnwesT.snalW-,idP.-tlhiseeyod.weiocReltluuarnJetatara&l,roeaedcnynd.lr-,j[iotnbfhhwAwRSt1oMihr9oeaachbraeaMehresssirsvrfepbotinPreEdi.toeeplfoTycNereli^xmaub.rAoaLcsracyspnttTnaaneOdlaydamddehimoelajdruieffaPbsPstpeteicsyetcTAelaodwitthattiAimeifRlsgacnsyadteKsneha,,pnrvtm&i.I,mei&#39;r,n,&#92;&(iii|SEYLER
Independent, Edward Ken jointly by the Nrw
The First Ward Is in- ney. Mr. Schmidt has beer.. UJ1
question -xhv was WoodbridgeconJ&#39;mU&#39;nlt/service Mr. Blanch- A .r v&#39;era gtmbel, Margaretjmatfer what the nag does.
deed fortunate
a Aaninating
figure H (TM) ^ * .
in having two
the Democratic
New Brunswick
AI,o Township f i l l e d out by g r d h M establJshPd with that F,UK&#39; Winifred Broderick. Alycejtlcket was HPD-62965
.states alicense for such a salejRonald
Woodbridge:
admlnis-&#92;&1
pie were tested
Coronet Magazine in October.-1958, when it stated wood-
of his opponent.
&#39; .* &#92;& &#92;& , &#92;&&#92;&o&#92;&&#92;& _ , !must be obtained, displayed in&#39;.Antonlo F. Polumbo. Port
candidates in contention.
and his wide ex&#39;-&#39; Mrs. Irving Sunn&#39;. bridge. New
&#92;&Third W a r d
A partner In the Easternift ^ ^ a n d t h U c e n s e num-iR Warren Searlts. Co-
William J. Orausam,Dem.
in Township af- of the PTA health
BTlre company, Newark,Mr
ocrat and Maynard Wins-
match the quiet
ber must be ineluded in all ad&#39; George R. Curry. Wood-
ton, Republican, both are1
n o t a b l e even was assisted by M
Qreenberg says his parents
vertisini. None Ronald R. Larsen,
he must be given iWhirter. Mrs.(&#39;..:
were always interested In the
slons being complied with, Robert D. P<<sl-it back for school sites at 10 t J i e HePuM&#39;(TM)11 who opposes
S Brause. Jr., Co-
&&#92;&ts for years, but
mayor said he issued instruc-&#39;nem, I Bernard J. Czech.(
young, energetic and are
this was his y ^ g ^ M r . D u n to proceed! Hopelawn: George F. McCabe,
possessed of e x c e l l e n t tration deficiencies as heMoagt. Mrs. ROVlimes the price?&#92;&
Lauds Schmidt
Asked if on the
The ordinance was introduced Hopelawn: Francis J. Caro,
backgrounds. Mr. Graus-tdeserves a share In iUirYed Heam. Mrs,
his win heI respectfully state that these&#39;
For the Assembly. J. Edward
talcing a serious
strength of[n d
at the request of Woodbridge: Frank J. Jova.&#39;
whose family name achievement.
Mr. Nicola Is&#92;&<<. Mr<<. jamrs
has been prominent an earnest
young man.**8rtl&#92;& UtMtfln &#92;&questions cannot be answered &#92;& I n the Fourth Ward the
crabiel and William Kurtz, are
might start the Woodbridee Businessmen&#39;siWoodbridge: Robert Zener,
interest In Association which c l a lmedW James M. Kurby.
dedicated to&#39;hi. arty& <<(TM)?%?Zthe bang-tails, even to the ex-
been Iselin.
in public affairs, hasem-
PFIRST l<<WA(TM)RD^ &#39;]?&#92;&&#39; Hospital °octtTsyisvyhinoipooonhgetomuuueuehrnrnyerepts5eegfaettosdn,bhttridReelmsee&#92;&nnlc,WeoautacnIgsabtn,taothtgerAdhSrerdeydlioedodo.ssbmSnuaseptigtrihrevueneeyeebswpircslrrhiehtsewcriiwpohnsialahnldoeetanoitnrulcdorafesttleuaehrndandresteeltcovfaao1reannnbhnaeoisrdldens--yt.f-j;l&#39;^iCf:|<>eloocootl-olgtPAtyadrehdenamrotrtorOcd,hohdttft.htresTloe-uepirRttpFro,qnbitlhhncooc,ihrDo&#92;&ufrutnepalaaSfofiieioeseoStnCbct-plrmn*wihmsremrgomonece—aneoeuIc.womeede.ldraJotnedsienCupavEfsajcssI,otnnooeptShTs$ttIl-itrrrri-ier2habbsohceiiozucolb5ncrLarimene!aahrfclxn0eaigoloelb,jtnoilila<>wdgotuihnioeahantlgln.aaqphti,gPhoec&#39;isvupwieoelenf&#92;&iejefyntroStSgsIreosnmotrFMcohitraHkb$htolplsseleaei5neooileoliiarnnges0epengslontnltghd0hnne---l^.&#39;jicpamHipcTptcps7iClsohginrouoooooPmunfhmeasVhuhmSltlAsrDedeiilsWtwttooiuecssiidepe.fSll?oetdmuoMdaiiOtud&#92;&ewlc,cainnraJtsDeowOy8.eitIatodirnl*r,&#92;&otoimnBDllsheloe&#92;rtl*tpoBegmnBs!eb,ot6toavrhsdhlf8eheRuoee&#39;renasae^v,RedccaeIrvyaeDPolDtaeiprl.VerlDiroapiv.gecopaMpciOErteirdeioognteercrevnbghEdieh.eonleotc,ni.yyaheeos—sheCHtgd.&#39;nliioeelwiaiorsioabdnrvPcn.nayhwnliCdwefli,dtn,etooicprleeoburocdyPoanefddro1nefeisnefuciAlbvntirasmorrttAroescrmetooheIn<<ymeeor-dnl-olee---s-j-.hlad,tI<>iboateiMdarbIaaeseluickn.fcwvergcnnohsSWiiiyiontnllbnuhcaChcilyfsg*eeecmeianfaoheoltirsy,spreccrism,n*mtdmerepeuc—herenisrcmheaipada-R.aancgcieniratnaiinsuetottsl&#39;atseisgehidptmbvraresecca,ruaeceplhMrerbteissobrtailnolheoeeottuIinlalssirdwddnfinen-s--1--t,UilopsnMsehVD2mSwvelfatdu7anaocagAaarfoaIWAeturthsn,eetmitn8rsNc.ceovtdtR.O&#92;&hyKahbDoebabfjcwatEhOa-olclLaoAihs,bsaocrSaokoneDea.Lyosh$nfrmeCdoi]em-SB4r,,onUBmmp5Rsfeaio.EJaAsmlrdaIIartlsd.rDUnTnetitnubaLeeswcwOeiierdc>>htnr&#92;&,HWbnoEu,,vcsn(&&#39;rPuts}:o,>>l&#92;&i:&&mo:n&#39;-:
out the Township a t 7A.M.&#39;lDemocratic Ral y and will close at 8 P. M.
Parents SUNDAY
greatly increased. l a s t IJil-
loween In the state, three chil-
November 1st., 1959
dren, ranging in age from flvVj
2:00 P. M,
to nine, were billed in traffic
accidents, V.F.W. HALL
Holloween safety tips sug-Pearl Street, Woodbridge, N.J.
(gested by Chief Egan are: WearHear theFACTS from the Candidates
light-colored costumes that
can be seen more readily bySenator John A. Lynch
a costume should not
be so Ion? that it may trip the
wearer and it should not be a
flimsy material that will burn
a mask should have
eye openings sufficently large
to permit clear vision both
ahead and to the side, and it
1should also be non-flammable.,
Soaping the windshield of cars
was cited by the chief as high-
ly hazardous because it can
I lead to an accident If the driver
j| has to use the car before he
has a chance to clean the glass
I thoroughly.Freeholder Wm. Warren |TD CONVENE MONDAY
COLONIA—The Ladies Aux-
iliary of the K r s t Aid Squad,
! District 12, held its bi-weekly
meeting Monday night. Hos
tesses were Mrs. Kreitz
Mrs. Bill Yorke.Hugh B. Quigley, Mayor CAR DAMAGED
Next to love and faith, the most important thing
A V E N E L - W h e n Michael I
we can give our children is education. - -oo)
Catalfano, Nielsen Street, went |
to get Into his car Monday he
Vote yes for the College Bond Issue,Nov. 3rd.
found that the fender, hubcaps j
and wheels had been damaged
during the night.William Grausam Hear HowFirst Ward Committeeman Christian ScienceEntertainment — Refreshments
I&#39;aid for by Friends of Candidates
WOK-TV, ChannH t, 1:00 P. H.
WOK, 110 K C , 1:41 P. M. Sun.Our Apologies0 O ODue to unfor>>eni mechanical complications earlier this week,v&e were forced to curtail services temporarily. We are happyto announce that repairs have been completed and we areNOW BACK INFULL OPERATION!Th(thli you for your patience and understanding
PEAJRL and CEORGE KABEI,
o (Owners)Wootibridge&#39;s Newest, Most Modern Self-Service Laundromat—The
Minerals & Cheni^s Odrporation of AmericaItflf#0Ulal/^ IMP) o II
i Menlo Park,/New Jersey
, ,.u 119 WAIN STREETTHURSDAY, OCTOBER 29, 1959
PAGE THREE
Federation]
AVKNEL—The entire c a s t
SFWAP.FN Plans forFed-
nd committees have dfen an-
Mny wcrr made at last
minced for theplay, &#92;&Clnder-
meet in(i nf the Sewaren
lla of Loreland,&#92;& being spon-
i- Club held at thehome
d by the Junior Woman&#39;s
of Me Wlllinm Ehner. Holton &#39;!LI. KMPLOYKES HEM- OUT: Anthony I. Fwadtao, chairman of the IndnrtTte. DM-&#92;&
lub of Avenel. Assisting are
Sheet More than 25 accei &#39;
e Avennl Woman&#39;s Club and
have been received al- !
hr Sub Junior Woman&#39;s Club
firm women&#39;s dubs i
The cast Includes Miss Gail
looper, C Miss Mary
throughout the state to Attend &#39;
Oftlisln, A
Rewnren Hub&#39;s Federation
Irs. James E. Gordon, Step-
Mrs, Francis Tobin,
Dnv which will be held No-
ladiola, Mrs.
Martin Gutowski. Tilliebelle,
vember 17 at the home of Mm.
Mpos, G Mtes Nancy
.Inhn Kozusko.
arsky, Mrs. James
dcHugh, Mrs, Sam- EXPENSIVE, BUT FOR A C.OOI) CA11SK: Charles E. Grntory, publisher or The Independent-Leader and president of
Theme nf the day will be|
lel Albrecht, the. Mrs. the Board of Governors of thePerth Amboy General Hoipital. inshown at the extreme rl*ht openliu the annual $25-a-
&#92;&International Relations—WItn I
[oseph Wukovetsj princess in plate luncheon for >>uslnes>> andprofessional mm of the area, sponsored by WoodhrliUe Township Business and Pro-
Music as the Universal Lan-,&#39;1
Mrs. P, dray. B Miss fessional Woman&#39;s Club. Proceeds are used for a nursing scholarship, continuing aid to Township libraries wndother
leu.iw.&#92;& t h e program will I n - I
elude nrttan-piano duets, vocal-j
ists and nstring ensemble. Mrs. o.
Arthur Mnck Is chajrman of|
the committee, with Mrs. Johno&
CnMldv nndMrs. Stanley W . |nf the.1AK0 Community Cheat Red Feather Campaign, counts money with Chester Cathy Miller, the prime minls-
community projects. The women In the photo aremembers of the luncheon committee.
Knrnns, Jr., as co-chairmen,IT. Antnst.&#39;wic*, vice president of the Sewaren Employees1 Association. A s u m of $1,722.50 ; Mrs, James Atkinson, Mrs.
Mrs. R. Palmer Moore spoke ,contributed to theCommunity Chest by Shell Oil Company employees In the first &#39; Mrs. A. Benko, Mr,
Ion &#92;&Book News andBook R e - . |Library Boardpayroll service campaign held in the Sewaren plant.
$25BPWLuncheonProvesartorelli, thelackey.
C Miss Genevieve
[views&#92;& nt last week&#39;s meeting.lell Employes Church Women Schedule Lists New Books Social, Financial Successdriola, Diane Burkhart, Kathy
She discussed In detail &#92;&The
Fairies will be RosanneAn-
U>>1v American&#92;& by Burdlck I
and Lederer, a novel whichICited in Drive World Day NLoivoSneusmrptrboiseHeroN6lditghhi TSuTuDronkedecbaeyyemDDCbieilnsorcns1uein0srsgtehd An ANNOUNCEMENTFRaAsNK&#39;S([ho(tfInlclooOAeWiaeelBgeaaur,pksnvrsnsdSnI0msnroIownricuoplpaapKRyectoef1ctc-fI,gpdDlaoChrrgrTl&#39;ioeEbCpeuaasReaue,dnEWlUrertarcp7daeoOlcrrimhltErlrhsamhimspyoioln?npoNtiTad2OhslitcivheCfntrauep.emsuvuvmitgchmyuayp2,ipaSpiheoaau,i—srmsirthppeiattsiyeaeta.wwlnelaspwetstiehmtfswofp5ieh,gpoeseaINerhrctitiioltsCfe>>Ad0iaogamosmgtyoivhaorauheei*.nnmatccipttViTg.aortlndnIynenewlttonitotahegnlpn.ohJdasofbmaacimh,shehppehdivv,airntnleYnaednhrmehtRernrsoa<<Moelaitnibtycrp.veass.fesoreraiwnnhmiittysfeeeeptihlWteasA.isrcyvtoelgtlgeBeAdeorroitsrsnseaoCiTee?Sovtsdif-lsn,Jggtpecdfcorhiuyctostsc.Wni.hhhrfatiiiAsAo.ahsaahaSsc&#39;ahfwrcavhfanmAektemtFoyleteCntntIgceeataemtececoashvgse,ilehnohncyhlitehWwnallnohthpenentfalrCewtGihp&#39;peeinatRatincSrlslpaioyRendmenaOleoeehlaburoeta.otetlwhvrowganadhevhevdtiescilelurmlaeaeo.JooiaigeerqrhsIleitaaegefnmdaSimtndnani-ndeeednddilllntdn.e--l-re-arsslteh-trs-3ebWsDbt-s--ndwJepvoeetTi.-dcTetmpaul&&#92;,DAaWHCnaa9erT.ironhrfnlWier&fpaoafrTrauoDrnelirhaoymnd5irewtHdooladgattaueahnmtna,BWocptsd.9mWiwhhiWnnitrwkvE.OianRtng6o.neewUpszh.obeeAre.ehdmieDDndsdehlnHninrlsaOemedOnnOonetr<>idRDrirnr8roIcWNiRhnfepSrARoWeaRnsesrfsa9sDtlgorMC:hreiemraoIceOaideuanC.ho0penwi3stIn.sIsthfeo,naGrvgsha.boloioMDnpmK0ehDtpH9mdrPseUPeilodieeHalnerlrluEangysned.etxlEOIdlwcdlaPaEarewaainwIrein.PdbsciiehdiFntsrhEnMbatttcaPngftaeieDngEcgeaioitial&#39;bie.iCrhcitMrzhlassatyeene—iMothl,rategedorr—lerUoicuriethealeioheiCNNskao.&#39;.dnnsn.inm—deisrnar.ano&#92;&Wo,sLWmtseAu.Pgedcfmoo,,iAettnUrBgitnPbftrhcrneoEeDMyiiuMcmhatfphtAssoa,ooddariihnotoNr&#92;&eArihPbroMvCrrgulyaaRoEReipl1dnoymaAidpuror.ecaealranfonvghpdPeS9ahrtsd,tiycmui.efaeeg,ndMavfeuevsercc.B&#92;&lb.r5rreaub.hR.pistrfFyutsdswsenrTF.OeIis7regnheyiecarrbaHoJaasusGsnennicssoiJmiciacuuurreistidfiyoytidteaenboseilnaahcnmththryorllorretsnongoo-gt-yrehdgesnrn&#92;&lkd-iolrgs-it-nddi-eerddrellntdtro--o--oets,NL-euW-cACs-isRef&#92;&OfoxmtrgpCaOnecc-osAriOohPtnWcaKertef-MihmatWieaiisdehsgeueofQpolggnoedaBascCstrtvatnsearipdaseaDWrpAooeouernhnihehienPal.iyeusOre°toRshshsylrondvbnrlinOdtfkeisAnre.,tt-roeeulnSia&#92;&ooO,tneObeoo.tEIlaCdesootceurysLyaetrpafhdhrtfrwtUitAfaSdisrOtceHlofDPoudamcilmltht.olwoeaPaiinod.roNjtgopafitllncoadstrPDBwnBesaotleFnlfhgesylpninrrtseemelepitmeioalaneaheoeAueRt.uBoetpcrtenolbgrcanavecLaopdnIdgewaurhsentpnaemEeogIoRmdtesneBmno,trraDesoberorratddonhr.em.rvoaoIriygd,nhdfpHbi.OkoydfCweiksG,DeceoiLAsfidCs.iBnosfoboccePTiaftl&#92;&stolLotETGcuiGhauatyrsgeeheftorcl.srhroneOou.eylehitttpaDds—ipthoryihfruEsfnoirvenohrihteieopiooeLceGtuorOesneaettedcapgfchoFAnotrcPynaiegoernudsioiaemto7r,reotlgtshlrlf,set—rocpeflhtmnhscnoAereceeTr,ttse2esGpsohyM&#92;&aCteuEeeeuArtegdefoetomeee6onhWtiSref,rnfhmosneifolrbfretnth5nmamatdoueDfsufisreobdaodevsrhatelgoHnuieynyberLHomhAeilccs.ebl.RDSecpdipmgdrtdd,tlysrdHleorsihhtrtetpaemraeeaoreeoiart,ntamhC.aehleooaacuyynarioInrInhshcaonhbnesntai:ad1lsdnterienhiitwsierr,clinaa.Joeocdae-dnesi--rriy!CGCWO-s-dFdrraSMsBrao.etesRtCclAibWivsusrpaaRdHptrfhctMhluBOctH&#39;whernewaeersLa,aofae-anTsWDroateecir.rnercA;halleucdisilrorrmbotetesyhdoalcweeloabe.ginwebteneySriOsrVIownrMassllMBeaMneGiesstynpmiO;o,iubcddatmreOrEhsHnnskpnoorm,awy,RHeelerhrrefgekteMPsNaagliutnnDCrs&#39;osfpnMapdaai,raashe1MablLtHannKasr,nas.oeB,,rEtnryhrhlySehBtrcioe0ndpgncaoClaiinJ.giLcahesLtKlomSerezrscmroSitwgieRyorpJerishlaeewiistnhrhiaedohnlciJenasdseusaeyrhb—vsraonoI.efsnueamhtrigeoomatDaeruonr.amMwteniohwnrtRwml.irbr,oriEWlt,romGmbeicinnMfeolnfidoGeidw&#92;&eieoranoageeepctrbheerlnoMewuiEtSnoZissppColrenlsrgTioorEsyteeiysehneatpleaimeerocpnurafztgear.dslurtshfaoigJbdeerlndiheM.dyldntsAcrasdtnNagraaMou—tAaofree,wmeMsolhdjnwziedcmdt.thdrgMzkodnireohtrnktahtaa,aicfkalwGiieb,vaitharhehr,wvl,olbcnlrdnyerrzhaCsaPleiMpliJs.pnnseyeuheaiasdsleezcnmedormhlGsa,raHle,tsbbtcriiatre,ipeaiCno.eiDerocdssdTKJtefr,enteEl,MHryarnysbBswe.schsSooeieloaw.Go.onanoran.ssMaapiloodseuwtssoieeMBefipdrnehctpreniWrtMsgfosusfannerMtgmrbcwswhshetacler2eksisMDmooonlnpodriehsrknr.etnyoyirideeyniiriaiai-idth0o-srsc,rs-thgelr--a.esesa.tl,f-sslh-y.hn,-isb.TL&#92;&.rb-aC2bb-ocFewt-MFcicvSc*FhiewHgoMmGD!t&#92;&he2osMwdlyceirrrlcPsvgMmTlbpiari2huPireefoWbpAiamu3.udsauesosTnhiunauhu&#92;&N4oaersene.eoe.aarrubAesrt&#92;&.rodlreaskdMoATT,tnrV,aryhosBlimhinsrleh&#92;&tdzaa&#92;&eibela,tetursrTtsuster.ulercyai,,hz&#92;&iE.tesS.olayetaRinogb&#92;&nmilnrnydShianutFMmefednden&#92;&eNP&#92;&pascseergMsntMoe9deai&#92;&IrK,hsfiastDmyetuTtbgrlpeonaenirEb1annFtDsiotaehaydooeWonmnae&#92;&rtnoeshisMr.dhi2sooLnalknlnnore,ulloaaorz,sioursstniaetlgrteCeleooivep&#92;&sserebtwwhundsngzinfks.twhbcdJl.nrda&#92;&EnikCgtxrfoe&#92;&Nr&#92;&or&#92;&ukncSunee.scFTtErCu—bMiriedkse&#92;&eaiw,ttaTltunfrooawtewovhodevasosrsle*toloyro.hoohhstsassrsvp&#92;&eteusieaspmiehynivPAshw&#39;iyvctelcaishhftcencsicnanFepCnnlntttneeceaobeodahB,usi&#92;&hnabhheaaTtegtntirecmckshtntseu&#92;&mtiro,srzcltgmdteaAotoeenh.orirhoWweee,hai&#92;&hi.&#92;&sEzgoinshetaddbuaiol&#92;&nnkHWscmdn,or.Afev,a&#92;&beicfeedlili&#92;&cxeMeot&#92;&lctvCaeMoadslnreenwTloke&#92;&otCrlcrnoSpuonlo&#92;&reefrsnnosa2WerrPeauoolehwaoltntiBnb&#92;&aTelahonBabotDueaCtbdi6dnithra1sr,eudzraebrrlbtqehdeolhtfNshodnohadlth&#39;eteOtetotztedl4tseolh&#92;&:o&#92;&artuibaestaoeisr&#92;&iif.revdaaoeuhmrorAoaC,&#92;&ithoP,nn&#92;&&#39;k&#39;Laelr,,koCsnoauytotyev.vrsWdrnldmbMsgsfgsoTeueesm,&#92;&mMi&#92;&DeseicsrmBeawfortW..NBebbrrarbiaFiA&#92;&atil1nmpfioalnoaitiueehoouoernohiMellnn3oNtennuItuitreem1Oohan,aiardrtomsofnenhCbv&#39;iewtwceg--einmls-s1npr-dce-oosd:kk-fsT-e-id--orre-y3aedhnr.-b1rso.pgs$W.ntsPcabtBGaoGcalg0LmSu-MnMKh.RLHha&#39;yIeJcouHrN2ootfn-rwonus|rohsuaaWi.oheoPcaueota5onaeCeeMdipRlmiedaeeTdtsfwmapnamnavrnersoimsPnmpnnrrs-tiydsrlrhallyusetlorhfe,ieaeeelhimmrObrteesioeinWTBclooeasnaus,ysnrcre-ennyasrgieaCBraoAsrnnhaunrprjorsetinStubtmOM,ereMslfcthe,el&#39;kheofiatlhetaPNscsAanettisclfnhHcnaPcuRgdzieduiremisnneiDnhHWRHhenittittttorgesnu&#39;seRsmsus.pletAuhaoedmhbClsmpeEoersoo.eBgBsoPtoAaaebe,mnssai,sulwsohaeI.hwRffcSple.nulsrSetnFoPJlpcnRotnoConiaIW!nlbnEgdlGulambhkulseyie.ousariesdudfi,suol,rrnBWrtladamselIiaotlnafgrtbetedoeaaotdy1nioncRMhcsoelitalwddDnesgnsIhpi.laofciefkclo.hhg,omfetibn.r,toPnyo,wdrneResash,hdQylJeTeGtroe.GdrkewetetJibtsnrNoeTese,coooooeerhouidudhcTrerP&#39;n.dtroe.yhnpMEndCosbuttu,fwislCvtnhBwAoatuOrnhde,engeciurtRwsercsSooieoromonngllsest8eu&#39;tDiern.Bpoyue.irosrfesrrdnaoifTdhtseftho—atEnpetaruynTmbdey.-sacasohHsneHoaiuslAwcLfoe,nbgsestheehvlTi,af.nCsncmeebso,ptfffnrd,loiiVeBorHmRAAwildoMhIbiirawdnspocawoodohbaosMouetr,wfwdatrDoaaMllugbeeothnhlde1orinhnnl.onuoeeasaiughcrooetisanJeaae1fsineherrsnraneibryfsshem-ntrrdyekn-eTllno----,rdHrleris.-le&#39;,W,,,,-TB|sG3CADSHPnWJbwcMeGRWBawMLMrtiht&#92;&eo(TM)Mrbbar.niormlahaan.urLdrelneeaedeAiaitsniTaatoere.,rtraelddraPlllcgrttzgnAeresearlnn&rkoztrllmsrilchLmger,ooijigopalsrroeroyfeseemsdlshooabPalleeeokel.mrlMcieharBndsloyssO29mirrmacnnseaRrp,LayeorIFanr.,,,leN,HonLlr0ls,rteertiPe,Snoampgeihl,Tvfae,n.cifoeoMyct,RieInMowlereDaDSsiLiPDtRgtcmehClCnrZawesnooRnli&#39;eaHPeeHvasxiteudnHtoksr8segiolnsnranoei.rirerwsaeiizltebgemothtdolmo.nm,l.wto..ttfhzteTCaNn&#92;&Dsl,nisiJb,eGenBocghmiaCsna,rtwHotDcppraIopcEleroNtiahommei,nWsgseruehrWooiifaen,ehlvHauolenaaot,ntowobmpamnJmnerSgayepCrtdiaa,neerM,v8a,naiiAWeLPywrtlsioHmcgaretrovmel,n,eonmmstNFi.phelteim.dsneiirrhoumAoubAhssbornltsrmrri,eeteCatllealetnmtetyoeremahthgvGpeabeCuuttsnFptnaharsdisnJnghe,olfenhegeadenpralr,ro,raieeotrannN,nrBotoRyamueMonlMe6letniecamr,rdou,Hyn,renss.dAtifNdaWuo&#39;omlfwa8bsccertnegeacL,aMmekSAsorbbPohmakeoTEniKsFrmDiobCauatltbsllrodaenvciisltMfnbacooohrcwtMeptaEiuhsrnmturonlaaeebFteothonokouekdnnoxrefemtnksscedha-dyfenetg-emrebf--,--res.-ee.dr-e,sTlfwTwBnTaaFsawpbapiSsw,ghispbmehoeOirluTrouiiTlouaellMtapocmlolnrnldolhorrnnhtscrtorkedjbnb,hsbrtSboehebila,DgasneePyeearoyBatraneteaeEti&#39;caiGmhoatDarnummsbhnrhrAdahmnetdcoouneneeditoeleocKtkRssmbnnedauroddenp,ewTmreuntSsiaceaftermdCtsDMpooH,ly*uultul—fSeersscfullieae.rwEiklatsrCottoosCcrnasyidMeeasikRcstpiensMhnmrfiaahnteiimolutthoEge.rl.siyuraiWthngediinthttnfb:-sacrhyeeaoMioucateemcod,ernb.emhAeAuheremyltisik.ysfs,paVEacEcGWs4e.a.ba.tyusaoHueP,euttom-ypoNntsnhedaroKrrweshteopuduro-r.oopefirtMeieepieeatepsidalsea&fihsorssenerr-eel--lrtli,s,ot.dss.f--hytsnsfdbAMmLSMPlSwWmrhyeeoeealmo(e[n&#39;iv.baloeoaeTiome&#39;aCnwilgAPrecntoreresineekvnshednbnlks.tkoCvrusebe4koMniRegeis,bienl&#39;laAntro6lcp&#92;&ansllNsedaHaresan3atug.alegPtlgmcU,rHtorhwcoonlmt&#92;&udgedgkL.kehVeanl&#92;&rvrerlNae.uewRrioiaeltVetertoasbrrsib.ponhetivPiGmgenareg:cTwcairlcettyeafilnwceaasaeawnioosaabrhciinwlkatg.ngilsucFroeusoub&#92;&oilohngyr-oei&#92;&BeeGsronidOnc-ddnlnnil,.Cetndh&#92;&ndlcrdthtGeeohls.RPunyrFoyoBh.oeadrpW6loMgi&#92;&HnaeDTsdmrsMohieeMuamasstlcretosawerweSIcsegmtwmahkMfn.ekdrlasrkTfhlsrdairaa2i:&#92;&strnnsseaat:inscywwr-rteE.eetenndv&#92;&.1ksdeo.toCsrtsfAdaxoi.0&#92;&i.rHhEtudofnAsne6SbueclCaaWniagH&#92;&oec7swdrtPostyvtNtOdoruaretbuMaIUnoohaeeelm&#92;&etlnesronagaattuoS,yn.M;r.Mreixtld&-s&#92;&&#92;&-ds-otsy-art:&#39;tel&#39;ta&#39;1smfy-.
sMsdRSSmMMtMsmmmtyeceieauuoeahrerieeenoye.vnnusmnm,deteetin,,s,hdtdhodWitthideoaiioaaorou1nndantyyddnsolTe1yggice:e,ci,isam,,hdsrhtttv5eo6f&#92;&e8a8AoeiKoC:Winci3mlraPPdPrl.&#39;ehe0soYeoetepu..w,fdrMrepMeorrMPSMeentsatlceuiholhhe.cxnh.,oS.t,.cesie,ht,ewcgMpiudaiwC&#92;&cJnrnasuhtm.ueoshWyyc,d.tua.&#92;&nriifl,7majpsvlrueiTouyo,Shoceldio7nhlihsfrePeop7dsiuaH:owCibcP:rmo.ibbSr3srsonhshnooiMei.dahluo0tdraayroneaniiginvrrp&#92;&srryMn&#39;.ded-is-;-;;-Pc, CeCotcstPattMRbP.i.rhrf,tlnoeloaayeporeiASdynlppacnalsloe.elRtataeitAiecnnmg,mpnKi,scetwnirieooacosCdoDanrnauCffiirmaftiltnevMdc.oTrlrtuio,iuad.fhdVeOrsrlmuPnu,e.ruegtciaaeWraiaiedCyOlvedptlndiseuElaapdincgaECntiatwcobMnniKowiicmtitoa,lyhartnstimaePl,htsthonytis.eeercOueCy1rttdaht1IpIhhaflaleo1ntlolrEbom.eydi,mArnmiymloooempt&iDernitelof,yoea--rrbFSMdbtah-bmIott.eonaereeeeifunregiorTTralnnsypsMWtdpndhtdhhsh.cedroeeateieaeiionaedsfPyla-syslrrtn,NreSi&#39;dtPdas&#92;&abnBaauhiPomTryaFtynefvtateeelraresdcelrdi88riAlyPbbaomS.ealoPllynnnyaaePw.abiwdtfr.dnHwn.etMeeaiMysislrvosrrSoeylhceii.fuMreua.8thPionabeprcnnSocef.HmhetdAoeptn.tetealiteehAhldrrgayha-etseeyhcKs&#39;,kCtwolse,ciulecmnn-hPoipWrhtsmlH,guhrlahmeeud.wreeneaciwrrcbileeBimslrcAnianihlte^emelht-g,-e-l-,-.&#39;l-lhpoSTawweufonlqphtiiaAldnluilnlr2oVaAnadutdratEevinprPnkdNeabWd.gienvMEuneeaLidapllPl.rotdltdoahwaiticnrahnnettegrR.RotmScehautTeaupehAglanehnueldhdedbethiisilannidtimFmgytgrcgaehhai.otorenwessCtettostootsaahfrrwtyr-AaCcfcati.aarniwlailnudtdIeddnhsgbeets,e
Send Them Cheer
toMotorcade PlansFlower* speak a cheery
As Christians, we have always observed
SUNDAY, the LORDS DAY, as a dayofSUITS&i*.euage to Invalids and
worship autl rest, and we have no intention of convalescent*. Choose hereMade byG.O.P. 95for blooming plants,bou- quets, at modest cost. <>n|(mmti
flit Selection of But
OVERCOATSFloweri
Potted FUntt&#39;ALSHECK&#39;S $40-75 to $165Flower Shop mboT Ave. ME 4-1636
Vote &#92;&YES&#92;&AVENEL —St. Andrew&#39;s young people ofhigh school age Peterson, chairman, invites all
o I Catholic Youth Organization are invited,
friends to participate.
departing from this custom. We deeplyLIMITED RESERVATIONS
started its celebration of Na- Elected as president of the Mrs. Adolph Elster, munici-
tlonal Catholic Youth Week Termite Fellowship was Frank pal vice chairman, addressed
deplore the present trend to desecrate the
with a group communion Sun- M vice president, the meeting. Plans were com-STILL AVAILABLE!!
day. The program includes the Ann Sank andsecretary, Bon- pleted to attend the dinnerELK&#39;S NIGHT
rosary and benediction follow- nie Mesfc. M.rg. Jack Warren dance being held bythe Town-
Open Kriduy Till S:;IOV. M.
LORD&#39;S DAY by devoting it to unrestrained
ed by sermons every evening at announced the outgoing offi- ship Republican party tonight
commercialization on the part of those who
7:30 ,P.M, Theweek willend cers, Georgia Warren, Chris- at The Pines. Allparty candi-
with a Halloween dance Satur- tine Mester and Gale Oster- dates areexpected to attend.
day at 8 P.M.in the new gard were presented with bibles, A Christmas&#39; party was
(Woodbridge Lodge. 2116)
place personal gain above every other qon-
L BR1EGS & SONS,church hall. Prizes will be given The termites will hold a Hal-planned for December 19with
sideration. Webelieve that this abuse oftheBenefit of Youth Activities Committee
for the most original, the pret- loween party today fr<<ra 4 to Mrs. Peterson incharge.
The dark horse prize winner The Style Leaders Since 1880
tiest and the funniest costumes. 6 P,M.
was Mrs. Raymond Gribble
Smith at King StreetrRIDAY, OCTOBER 30th
Mrs. Joseph Rhodes, Mrs.Ralph
Perth Amboy
LORD&#39;S DAY is in direct violation of th<>rChicken or
ver a a If- Ctffl turu
(The Holy Scriptures) 1 Samuel 2:3ft
o witli offices at
57 Green Street, Woodbridge
Christensen&#39;s
I Complete Rye Set-ups
P.erionat Service
&#39;oo o telephone
At E^cb. Table of 10Person*
J MErcury 4-3924
SEE THE STAGE SHOW
BIGHT FROM YOUR TABLE
o&#92;& o* toserve your family insurance needs oo o
including Auto, Lite and Fire Insurance.
&#92;&PAJAMA GAME&#92;&
A T l T r r * n i l INSURANCE]from 10 to2A. M.
Tarouf bout
O l A I C T H A N COMPANIESALL FOB ONLY
Bus Transportation
nliddleiex Loiun Ik
Home OfflOBf: BUwmiriiton, IUi*ot<>hway Avenuevatloiis May Be MadeAt:
^ U G K FLOWER
KBNNKf&#39;S PARK B*NSHOPPE
Iselin640 Bahway Avenue
Established 1904 - AUGUST F. ORKINBR, DirectorFLOWER SHOPM VrmraiM (Km*
WHITE 1IBCH
44 Oreen Street
^ &#39;&#92;& Phone
VILLAGE INN
Woodbridge o
W M l 4-0264
fjreen Street
-&#92;&H^MHPAGE POUR
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29, 1959OBITUARIES
& A CENTURY OF DEPENDABLE SERVICE PROVES ITI & o .MRS. KATHF.RINE TCHOBYK
!&#39;&#92;&. W 0 0 D B R I D O E —Mn. >>K>>therlne Tchoryk (Terrlrk) of
814 Rldfiedale Avenue, Wood-
obrldgr died Monday, at thf&&#39; Perth Amboy General Hospital
-after a short Illness. She was
, born In&#39; Austria and formerlv
-ilved In Rflhwny for 1<< years
<<nd then Port Reading for $
..Tears. 8he also resided withher dniiRhtcr and son-in-lawMr. and Mrs. Jnhn OliiMhlck InWnodbHBge for 10 yearn.8he was R (oommunlcBnt ofthe St. Demetrius U
&#39; o ^ , 1 <>L?F0OO MERCHANTT ] n l i l C A D D I C JUKI-o*&#39;o, ^ 46<<O f Pj — o fOrthodox Church. Carteret.,&#92;&<<nd a member of the St. De-
PORK LOINSV-r A&P&#39;s &#92;&SUPER-RIGHT&#92;& QUALITY
P I N E A r r L E Ubbyt&#39; ir Dil Mnti J tmOSt
metrius Sisterhood of the
Blessed Virgin Mary and the
Instant Coffee
A*Pbr<><<ch.Nut, Gtrbtri
(Net 4 er S Ribs)
AVERAGE WEIGHT,
He ekeei nmnti
She is survived by twodaugh-
ALWAYS T RIBS
DODy rooas
ters, Mrs. John Gluschlck.
Ns Chops Remeyed
-W and Mrs. Robert &#92;& (Jassaway, A one son, Jo-
Aunt Jemima Pancake Flour
seph R. Torrick, Clark: one
Sister, Mrs. Rose Belt, Norria-&#39; town, Pa.; and seven grand-
4s# Mb &#92;& f #
Log Cabin Syrup
Funeral services took place
&#92;&SUPER-RIGHT&#92;& QUALITY-GRAIN FED Regular Sfyl<<
Oven-Ready
Mayonnaise
HttanWKfifl&#39;
from the Bizub Funeral Home.
M Wheeler Avenue. Carteret.
Miracle Whip Salad Pressing
32 oi. 4 9 c
today at 9:30 A.M. and at 10
A.M. at the St. Demetrius
Ukrainian Orthodox Church,
Carteret with Rev. John Hun-
diak as celebrant. Interment
was in Cloverleaf Park Ceme-
gry. Woodbrldge.
m Parastaa services were heldWednesday evening at B P.M.
READY-TO-COOK
Fruit Cocktail A4PBrind-°wrm*i&#92;&1^
8EWAREN—George Bognar,
Super-Right Brand
&#92;&Super-Right&#92;& Quality—For Stewing
Fancy Scallops T&#92;&d&#92;& &#92;&o 69C
Del Monte Tomato Sauce
87, of 9 Sherman Street, died
Fancy Whiting o— 25°Sunday at the Marlboro State
SAUSAGE MEAT
BREAST OFLAMB 1 5 &#39;Hospital after a long Hlnes*.
Hypade Brand—All Baal
&#92;&Super-Right&#92;& Quality
Spaghetti with Meat Funeral services were held yes-
79&#39;I Ib.
AAJ f i l l * !
Cap&#39;nJohn&#39;i
cam terday from the Kate Mortu-
FRANKFURTERS
LIVERWURST Irlea, and burial was In Rose-
(Juicl F,.un
pkq o * &#39;
T/ &#92;&MX 3CTEI: S
111 cemetery, Linden. A native
Birds Eye Fith Bites,
Star-Kist Tuna Fish Light meat chunk*
AoJjf Hungary, Mr. Bognar wasa
canspresident of Sewaren for 36
FRUITS &VEGETABLES!
Cling Peaches
2 39&16 <<.
Diamond Brand Walnuts
7 oi A y e years. He leaves two daughters,
French&#39;s Instant Potatoes Sirs, Margaret Nylkes, N
All Purposeoi|rs, Elizabeth Kovach, Hun-g r y : a son. William, Maple- and two grandchildren.
29.Del Monte Drink e-
Pur<< vegetable shortening
Gropefruit
WASYL SHUSTAK
& °&#92;&4U9
22 oi.. - ISIJL1N—Funeral services for
ptg.;Wasyl Shustak, 70, .of 74 Flume
Campbell&#39;s Tomato Juice ^ 2 9
Morton&#39;s Fruit Pies
FROZEN ! Street, were held yesterday
Apple or CherryoJtom. the Kain Mortuaries, fol-
Fntk Crisp
2 9 &#39; Apple JuiceMaH&#39;s er RedCheek
Qeldea Creaai Style
EVAPORATED
8 un1 0 0^iqwed by a service at &#92;&the&#92;& St.
CHI !&#39;tlemetrius Ukrainian Orthodox
ICEBERG LETTUCE 2 : .
1: 59* Del Monte Corn 2
White H<<UMi cjiurch, Carteret, with the Rev.*3ohn Hundiak, celebrant. Mr
Shustak died Sunday at Perth
FRESH TOMATOES
Siper-Rlgtt Irand
Evaporated Milk P<>c
>> cousin, Mrs. Rose Fallosa,
GRAPEFRUIT )4 &#39; 2 9mmi
e White, Devil&#39;s F>>od, Yellow or Homy Spioi
pkg, - & &#39; jNEW York City. Burial was invRosehill cemetery, Iflnden.Cake Mixes ..2 .39&#39; Angel Food M,35&#39;&#39; MRS. IDAGAMBOROVA
FORDS—Funeral services for
Pillsbury Farina
pig. EMPEROR GRAPES 2 2 9Mrs. Ida Gamborova, 43Sec-
Large Sweet Clusters
Cond Street, were held Satur-
Cheetlete Chip
laklsso-Piaia er Saltedday at the Flynn and Son fu-neral home, 23 Ford Avenue,
Sunshine Cookies 25C PremiumCrackers : 25C
Mazola Corn Oilwith a requiem mass at St.
Balbo Oil . .Nicholas Rite Catholic Church.
Value Treats
Jell-0 Puddings,,;;.;;! 4 ^ 31C Armour Chopped Ham . &#92;:WMrs. Oamborova died last Wed-
For Hallowe&#39;en
&#92;&:. 65&nesday In Middlesex General
Marshmallow Fluff . 2 ;; ^ 3Minute Quick Oats . , ;:14&Hospital, New Brunswick., She
Ckoiot of All Sc Varieties
QCo.TcoIansMtaanrsthFrosting : ; 352&#39; &#39;i1;;?5353&e MKriraafctlPeaMrkaargyaMrianregarine &#92;&?* Mr. Clean
8&#39;i.si00w&s the widow of Edward Gam-
l l t : & Borden&#39;t;.dPotatoes 2
GREEN GIANTborova and had made her home
Candy Bars
Chicken Broth
2 ^ 3 9 ° Octagon Laundry Soap .
largehere for 30 years. She leaves
Waxed Paoer
Witft 3eftffU k i
plcq.one brother, Belfin Colmaln,
Plain. Sugared, ClnaaaioiiJersey City, and several nep-
218 3 Little Kittens Cat Food 2: 25<<
Ivory Soap Flakeshews and nlecei. Burial was in
Donuts JitPlt
Florient Deodorant
5 : : Puss &#39;nBoots Cat Food 2Bt- Gertrude&#39;s cemetery.MRS. MARY LUCAS
FORDS—Funeral services f,orMrs. Mary Lufei. 77 Longview
Yukon Club B<<v<>9<> IriodL<<dy of Peace Churoh. Mrs.
Sliced American
Asparagus Spears 33CLucas died Thursday at her
dfpOlit &#39; Q 60..
Fab Detergent
With 3c<<HUb*4home following a short Illness.
Banquet Pies Chic,::,Turk&#92;& 4 ; ; ; 75CShe was 50 years old, a native
Pfeffernusse Jana Parltr IDoi.*]7{
Beacon Floor Wax
Liquid&#39;
Pig-of Carberet, and had lived in
Spiel Dropi pkq. **&#92;&
Snow Crop Orange Juice 2;;:, 51°Fords for nine years. She leaves
quart &yQCher husband, Joseph: two sons,
CMarvel &#39;A gal. m * &
Mild Ched 0-Bit —?7&#39;
can *Ponald and Joseph, Jr., at
Ice Cream ^ 69o M
Kraft&#39;s Cheei-Whii
SaranWrap . , . <>y, H and two sis-
Vanilla, Vanilla Fudge er I Flavor Pack
Blended J u i c e o , : : ; ^ l , t 2 ! :
Swanee Paper Towtll *
6 nrelblters, Mrs,Julia Wicki and Mrs.
Fruit Punches iUt^[,mon 1;;: 35C
Cainti Dog Food . . ,Helen Dodye. Burial Waiin St.
Jon§ Porktr loked Goods.1
&#39;&#92;
Grand Duchess Beef Steaks 1C,; 59C
V camGertrude&#39;s cemetery.
Milady&#39;s Cheese B;;39C
Reiularly Prioad at 61c—Sa<<<< I0o!
Switzerland Swiss ^ mSTEPHEN BAI.OGH
Grated Cheese tord&#92;&iWf——
AVENEL - Stephen Balogh
Pumpkin Pie 49C87, of 77 Demurest Avenue, died Thursday at his home follow-
Almond Danish Cake . . 49&
Far Qltlilif—4l<<tt and Uphalstery&#92;&~ty short illness. Funeral
White Bread tervices were held Moiidayfrom the Leon J.Ocrlty funeral
i,afSome, with a high requiemhass at Our lady of Mt. Car-churoh. Mr Balogh w<>tlon ttjern
A & P SUPER MARKET, 113MAIN STHEH,
540 New Brunswick Avenueh<< liSd worked for more than
FORDS, NewJersey.35 yeara. He waa the huiband
0 pen Tuetdays.Wodnejjdays&ThMrelays til9P.M. ~ Frldayt&#39;til 10P M .of the late Julia Balogh andtime are no known survivors.
- VOE.HiVt HMUfflNO COMTOWl&#92;&
with him were Mr. and
Joseph H6tIo:&#92;&Blil&#39;lal wasIn Bt Jurnaa wmetety. —o-o. Soviet Union captures worldpentliaion title/THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29, 1959
things as possible dislocation and condemnation of their mg stock of the County. In no other municipality in Middlesex Com menting on the sewage disposal plant built in the
Prizes Awardedhomes.&#92;& Mayor Quigley was referring to his Administration&#39;s County hM there been such Inefficiency. In no other munici- Ward, Mr, McNulty said this plant eliminated the need forCandidates Say:success in blocking two recent State attempts to put an Epst- pality In Middlesex County has a public Improvement dike Woodbridge to tie Into the Rarltan System and hM saved the
West connecting Freeway between Per^h Amboy and New trie Sewaren Sewerage Plant) been built at a cost of three community between $80,000 and $75,000 a year.
&#39;CCointinued from Page 11
At Guild PartyBrunswick, which would have uprooted some 75 homes in that times the estimate: and then with such poor planning that. &#92;&To hear the Republicans In town,&#92;& he added, &#92;&they&#39;d
rather throw that money down the drain. It&#39;s
amsrilp streets and roads, attracting important revenue-pay-
although guaranteed for 30 years, It is sinking and crumbling
Woodbridge has had a man like Mayor Quigley
the helm toJ&#39;_of
WOODBRIDOE —
industry to the Township, the new Township garage a
&#92;&Instead,&#92;& the Mayor said, &#92;&we are on record with an al-
protect the taxpayers against such Infflcieney &#39;
the White Church
ooo&#39;- Anti-Delinquency Bureau. Civilian Defense head-
In less than five years, l i this the record which they want
now stovm sewers, new street sweeping equipment
ternate route to solve the problem, which would In no way
hurt our residential areas and home owners, and are firmly
you to accept, to return them to office?
Joyed a Halloween social Man-Iwny first aid ambulance radio system, assistance to hospitals
on record as opposing any. further inroads of partitioning high- &#92;& t o privately-owned reading rooms, a sidewalk and curbing
ways oi1 additional cemeteries in the Township.&#92;&
Where i>> the long over-due master plan and zoning law
day in Fellowship Hall. PrSe
pram, now snow removal equipment, modern mercury llght-
&#92;&Our ten year record,&#92;& the Mayor said. &#92;&Is solid collatera
which can help our town develop In an orderly manner, so
JOHN HUGHES (Republican)
&#39;winners were Mrs. Paul Kind- main roads
and security proving how well we keep our promises,&#92;& He said
the Democratic Administration&#39;s 8-point platform guarantees
that our residents will not be faced with an Impossible tax
Can It honestly be stated that full time attention I**&#92;&&#39; Mrs- v l c t o r Thompson, &#92;&Mavm- Quiuley recalled that his Administration has en-
Woodbridge citizens a continuation of the best In services ai
to Township affairs, when situations arise like the Srwaren M r s R l l l p h 8al&*Bury- Co&#92;&
rl IP&#39;W business and Industrial plants valued over $25
costs lower than in any State municipality, while providing
rate and a laclc of proper school facilities for our children?
a flexible program for meeting nil current and future municl pilous to locate in the Township, which produced new pay
pal needs for the well-being of the residents of the Township
Our surrounding municipalities have proper zoning laws. What ils and ,iobfi for Woodbridgp citizens, and tremendously contouted to casing individual tax burdens via the lmportah
FREDERICK M. ADAMS (Republican)
is the secret? Why can&#39;t we get them?
Sewerage P the Keasbey trailer park and bill Tor Voucher chairmen were Mrs John Mot-|w ralnhles and tax revenues that poured into the Township
The Woodbridge Township election1 campaign is entering
its final days. All the candidates have had ample opportunity
The tax rate has almost tripled in ten years, and what have
No. 641? Could you afford to run your business In such a hap-!<>r. Mrs James Lockie and
COfl&#39;TS.
to speak to the voters, and on Tuesday the voters will speak,
we gotten for It? Do we have more roadtf Do w* have any
haiard manner? Would you. permit those who work for you&#39;Mrs. Walter Thompson.
-Not only do wo bring our citizens the best In services a
Never in recent years has the. confidence of the Republican
lowest cost per tax dollar in the State,&#92;& Mayor Quigley
party rached the heights that It has this year. This, I think.
more police protection?
to continue to make mistake after mistake, without replacing At the business session. Mm. j
is because the voters have reached the conclusion that en-
them? Let us brltw to a stop this wasteful administration. Let Weldon Stenwl. chairman o*n-1
1 &#92;&but we save huge amounts of money for our taxpayers.&#92;&
When a citizen appears at Town&#39; Hall, why can he not
cited two examples: &#92;&First, through proper handling of jinlrlpal flniincf.V1 he said, &#92;&the Democratic Administration
get a direct concise answer? Why Is the problem always re-
us get vigorous, conscientious representation, (lect Republicansjnounced final plans and a s - t
and you will receive the type of municipal management to1signed Jobs for the snack bar:
ferred to someone else? Why is it that the Township Commtt-
teeman, who Is in charge of that particular department. Is
which y^u are entitled, and for which you are paying.
)at the church bazaar. The:
unable to answer the question? Why must they always &#92;&duck
Apparently the Township Committee Is so Imbued with bazaar will run two day*, No—
It&#92;& and refer It to someone eke?
their wonderful recreaitonal program that, when a builderivembcr 13 and 14 and will fea-
offers a private playground, free of charge, the Township Com-|ture a dinner Friday ntfltat
I pledge that if elected, I will have the answer to the
mitt*e told him It wasn&#39;t needed. Does this agree with your [and a snack bar on Saturday.!
thoughts, or the thoughts of the people throughout the country.&#39;Mrs, Edward Sltnonsen called I
questions asked, if they fall under my Jurisdiction.nnir In net. its credit, rt.nlng changed from a &#92;&BA&#92;& to a trenched power Is a dangerous thing, dangerous for them an
Cottiinitteeinan, Second Ward
With the great problem which we hftv>> with our youth,in all items made at home f o r |luting, which, will save Woodbridge taxpayers up to for their community. In the Republican party, they can en-
there ever too much recreational facilities? Are there so many the. Christmas fantasy booth.J80.000 00 In Interest charges alone over the next few years.1 &#39;vision the prompt end of indiscriminate spending, careles:
LEON E. BLANCHARD IDemocrat)&#92;&A second example of how we save taxpayer money, planning, staggering taxes—all of which are the ear-marks 0
Leon L. Blanchard, Democratic Committeeman from the&#92;&
teen-age recreational programs In Woodbridge Township that In charge of Mrs. Philip John-
Second Ward, today urged the voters of Woodbridge not toilglry said, &#92;&is the planning and foresight we put into the the Democratic administration.
give up proven Democratic Progress for opponents&#39; campaign
we can afford to reftise the bona fide offer to constrtitt. free son, the booth -will offer <<*-
promises.itrucllon of our now sewage disposal plant. By designing These indelible characteristics of the present admlnistra
&#92;&Under the Democratic Administration of&#39;Mayor Hugh B.
of charge, a playground? I <<ay that this is another example of]jorted decorations for the &#39;
Qulgley,&#92;& Mr. Blanchard said, &#92;&Woodbridge has developed andi facility.&#92;& Quigley said, &#92;&as a Self-sufficient unit, ellminat- tion can only be erased by the election on Tuesday of Repub
prospered Into one of the leading communities in New Jersey&#92;&.
near-sightedness and inefficiency.
&#92;&A Democratic vote will assure continued growth and de-! the need to tic in with the Rarltan System—an error made llcans. The proof of the consequences of the dangerous am
velopment on a most efficient and economical basis,&#92;&
Why, oh why did our neighbors In Middlesex County, re-1 The next meeting will be No-1I other, communities—we have saved Woodbridffe taxpayers ill-advised and extravagant practices which have reduced ou:
Blanchard said the happy blend of industrial and residen-
ceive from the builders, free of charge, school buildings and vember 9 and will feature elec-
ial development in our Township has enabled Woodbridge to
$50,000.00 to $75,000.00 each year.&#92;&
accomplishment
beat government to its present sorry state, has been develops
lands? Why does the present administration keep Insisting lt&#39;tlon of officers and a talk by&#92;&Not only do we have a proud record
by me and by my associates in this c
can&#39;t be done, while our neighbors are doing It? How much of Rev. Alex Nemeth. Hostesses!1 service to our residents here in Woodbi&#39;,&#92;& Quiglty said, section of our community.
the tax dollar, which is allotted to schools could have been were Mrs. Andrew tackle and [we have always supported our residents against such The response to the positions we have taken in restoring
(Continued on Pa<<e 12)
Mrs. Leroy Bowen.
orderly government to our people, without a ruinous tax rate,
- has been far beyond our expectations. Our people want and lo more for its residents at less cost than In neighboring com-
| deserve a government of which they can be proud—progres- munities.LOWER
at GREATERPRICES
AMBOY VARIETIES
Plague Policesive, useful, and enlightened. This is the kind of government &#92;&One good example of efficient Democratic leadership is
he present public assistance program we enjoy. While other
which the Republican party offers them.DELIVER
I would be less than grateful if I did not express at this sommunities, which did not have the foresight to remain In
Petty Theftstime my very great appreciation for the many invitations his state program, must earmark taxpayer funds for welfare
urposes, we In Woodbridge receive more, than $60,000 a year
have received from my own party organizations and many in-
dependent organizations, and for the opportunity these meet-
ings have given me to state the Issues, and to express my cpn-
victions respecting them. I have tried my best to answer directly
F R I D A Yevery question asked of me, frankly and fairly. I have ful
&#39;rom the State to help our needy and disabled.&#92;&
WOODBRIDGE — Several
&#92;&The Democratic Administration&#92;&, he added &#92;&has served reports of vandalism and thefts
HI IJ-1350
he best interests of Woodbridge residents when it blocked the from cars were made to police
irojected East-West .Freeway—which o would .have dislocated thiIs week. -oo - - o
assurance the voters* know the lashes well, and based on this at least 75 homeowners, in the&&#39;Second Ward—and proposed an Mrs. Irene Cowen, Elizabeth,
alternate route wliich would be of benefit.&#92;&
knowledge* will sweep&#39; the .Republican party to &#39;victory.
reported the theft of a battery5 lbs.DOG FOOD & o — 6 9 c S A T U R D A Y !Feed Your Dog for Less Than 15c a Day
ROBERT NEARY (Republican)
from her station wagon while
(lommitteeinan. First Ward
If there was ever a lack of public interest or a breach of iitt wwaass nnaarrkkeedd at Two Guys
WILLIAM J. GRAl&#39;SAM (Democratj
public trust, it was clearly shown when the two Democratic frrom Harrison,.
The residents of Woodbridee can assure a continuation o!
committeemen from the 2nd Ward voted for the granting of Four hub caps and spinners
(STRAW BIDDING 50e)
efficient, economical government by voting a straight Demo
the Keasbey Trailer Park License. A business enterprise which were stolen from a car owned
cratic ticket in the coming elections, William J. Orausam said
would cost us $7.00 in tax expenditure for every $1.00 of tax by Kamel Katen, Jr., when 1*
money received. And who forced the cancellation of the li- was parked in front of his
Mr fiimsHtn, Democratic candidate from the First Ward,
cense? The Republican members of the Council, who first home on Ridgedalc Avenue. He
said a look at the record will convince the voters of Wood-Canary Seed
Parakeet Seed
bridge that a Democratic Admnistra^on is for &#92;&all the people
brought this improperly issued license to the attention of the estimated his loss at $80.
all the time&#92;&.
public, to your friends, and to you. This type of poorly planned Two back wheels and tires,
Township business in a private enterprise could only result valued at $70, were taken from Reg,
2 0 c ,Rfi
&#92;&Because the administration of Mayor Hugh B. Q
in bankruptcy. I am sure that this is not a situation you desire her husband&#39; ISc U&.
created an economic climate favorable to industrial growth am
to see in Woodbridge.
expansion, ,we in Woodbridge enjoy a municipal service tai
parked in the driveway of their
dollar rate Just&#92;& about half that of the state average,&#92;& he said
Our tax rate is the highest in the history of Woodbridge, home, Mrs. Benjamin Weisen-
Mr. Orausam said Woodbridge taxpayers paid only 19&#39;,&#39;j
cents of each tax dollar for municipal services, compared wltl
but the disturbing thought in my mind Is the fact that if the feld, New Dover Road, Colonia
a state average of 34- cents.
present inneficienl no-program administration is continued, reeppoorrtteedd ttoo ppoolliiccee,.WILD BIRD
SUET CAKES
our tax rate will keep rising and rising and rising, and the Michael Dlca, owner of the
&#92;&The more than $25 million of new industries attracted t(
end can be nowhere in sight.
our community In recent years has made this possible,&#92;& Orau&
J & M Gulf Station, Colonia5 Lbs. for 60c
sam said He specifically mentioned such companies as Publ
Unless Woodbridge is returned to a two-party government told police someone broke]
Service, Radio Corporation of America, Ronson Corp., 8ym
the entire concept of a democratic form of government falls. windshields and windows on
(Rf|. 79c Value)
Unless you have a majority and a minority viewpoint the
rights of the public cannot be protected. A one-party govern-
ment can only lead to arrogance and inefficiency.
phonic Electronics and Heyden Newport Chemical.LEAF RAKE
&#92;&Not only have these corporate ta
May I urge your support in electing me to the Township
burden on our residents, but they have created new jobs am
Committee, so that I also may become a &#92;&watch-dog&#92;& with the Colonia Hadimah
wealth in our community, For this, we have Mayor Qulgl
Make 1 Ton 1.00
to thank.&#92;&
other Republican members.
Plans Member Tea
Commmeeman, Third
COLONTA — The newly or&#92;&
Mr. Orausam said that when he is elected he will contin
ANTHONY J, &#92;&T.OM&#92;& McNULTY (Democrat)
ganized Colonia chapter
current programs aimed at strengthening and modernizing tlUSE DORMANT
Potting Soil
police force, improving roads, building off-street parking fi
A promise to seek more county, state and federal funds to Hadassah will hold its second
cilities and equalizing the tax burden.
help finance improvements In thp Third Ward was made to- membership tea Monday TREES N0W1
day 6y Anthony J. &#92;&Tom&#92;& McNutty, the Democratic candidate, 8:30 P,M. at the home of Mrs.
MAYNARD WINSTON (Republican)
Mr. McNulty said such funds will help ease the burden E. B. Liroff, 2 Devon Road.
on local taxpayers and will make possible needed improve- Guest speaker will be Mrs: Olga
Our opponents seek re-election ba.sed on their &#92;&record&#92;& an
what a record they have. They have made our town the laug&#92;& ments, such as an anti-erosion program in the Sewaren area. Shenberg of Wildwood,
&#92;&When I am elected,&#92;& Mr. McNUlty added, &#92;&I will work ganization chairman of
diligently to expand the recreation program In the Ward to southern New Jersey region of1OO TULIP BULBS
Hadassah, and Mrs. Jack Gold-
include more activities for our teenagers.&#92;&
NEW JERSEYINVESTING FUNDJNC.
Mr. McNulty said he also will work for construction of a en of South River, vice presi- Imported-Mixed
for investors
new baseball diamojpd in the area, along with continuing the dent of the region.
mm411 A.Rr.g. $10.00 Value
sound, long-range programs already launched by the Demo- Mrs. Manny Temkin is tem-
cratic Administration, of Mayor Hugh B. Quigley.
porary chairman of the Colonial
Chapter and will be assisted
Monday night by Mrs. A. L ]
,?i?f.f <>-
611 Arnold Avenue, Point Pleasant Beach
Book with cation Cruise, we help
plan.-KSet jout
T 1 1 &#92;& 1 1 UCeU. - No extra
chirjB for otir >>er-
Pboil* VAt-MH
AnticipatedPAX CRABGRASS
You GetYour FULL S A W
Alterations
AND (Oil MM
PLUS DIVIDENDS with NO CHARGES
extra charge
now. MX Mill kill 90-100% PAX iivei yew lawa one
THURSDAY, FRIDAY andSATURDAY
t>>b Vm K<<fc ia your Itwn &<>! <>&#92;&<><< P&#39;*?1 l&#92;&Z
Good-lookiug style for dress-up o c c a s i o n s . . .o pre<<tm r<>>> Ibf ihr<< <<<<diti<<<<thMurffonb<>niW,
.(October 29, October M), October Hi) ,
S E>>ih Wtfk you save
ID November you receive S
durably made for sports and play! Rich meltons
of 50% new, 40% reprocessed wool, fortified
I M0UH4AI CHKKWffD
.-$ 25.00 |
with nylon! Orion-pile linings finished off with
quilting! Fall shades in smart-looking stripes, I k a poulivc control for mOUM&
plaids, checks and fancies. 6-12.
lck<<<> mb your Uw>>
J ALL CHRISTMAS
ROIERT HALL 1$ HfADQUARTfRS FORHUSKY BOY$|
150.00 &#92;
! STOCKING
<<M&#39;i r<<iiHrfd IradVnari for Iti tcrylk ftt
one HI 2-1350
500.00 l MBOY FEED
1 0 % OFF | ! 20.00
30 years of experience
Garden Shop
loaLering good will in
business and community
WOODBRIDGE
KEHM, 1if9t1is9 —_ Georie* Walabh., lI**w*
The SewingKit
FIRST SAVINGS
Green St. Circle (Iseliu) Intersection uf KuutM 1 and 91
NEW BRUNSWICK AVE.,PERTH AMBOY
Km Information on
AND LOAN ASSOCIATION
Welcome Wagon in
* PERTH AWBOY
n-inner oj Oak Mreet t
73 E.Cherry Street, Rahway
53S Ambcty Avenue, Woodbwdge
S65 SMITH 8<<JCEt
( . P I A N TO VISIT USREAL S O O N . , .
(COENEI << OEOVE
S BXoek* Wist o* Esllraad SUiioo
Phont tV I-U11
IMBr*. Ul ll^t* Itrwt, PWt*
Monday Thru 8<> P M.
OPEN DAILY << A M TO * P. M.
Bctb 8tor<<<< Open Sunday 10 A M. to 6 P. M.
8ATUBDAV TILL NOON
PAEWNG ON PRBM1SES AT pOTH 8T
ilk atef?PAGE SIX
tHURSDAY, OCTOBER 29, 1959
SATURDAY IS
HALLOWEEN...
iDDy$ reas
extra tender
sweet as summer
Town House - New Pack
Mazola CornOil
pure golden corn oil
R E E ! . . . Hallowe&#39;en Mask with purchase of
Instant Coffee
the favorite of millions
gallon ofTown House Cider. While supplies last!
Airway mild
all purpose coffee
Candy Bars
Choice of Popular Five Cent Var:eti<<i
Sugar Donuts &%&%
Enriched Flour
Kitchen Craft
5 ? 43 24 89
ll purpose flour
Wrs. Wright&#39;s fresh baked 12tocm. ? ^ J l
Tide Detergent
special deal pack
Lucerne Party Pride
Tricks and Treats for
Freestone Peaches
the washday miracle
Rocky Road
Halloween Fun! j
Libby&#39;s .
2 30o25cans
a taste treat
Grade A Eggs
JLACK CAT: A large ,
Orange Juice
&- 5 $1.00
Medium Size W Breakfast Gem
scoop of chocolate ice j
cream for the bodyand
39cfine dozen
a smaller scoop forthe
head. Use candy corn
(or ears, raisins foreyes,
Fresh Butter
shredded coconut for
CENTERPIECE:
Semi-Boneless
Delicate Creamy Flavor
Poke sticks into pop-
Shady Lane Pound Solidt
corn balls and apples.
Smoked Hams
Tie sticks together to I
make a &#92;&bouquet&#92;& and I
put into large vase.
Kosher Dills
WITCHES&#39; BREW:
Hygrade&#39;s Original De Luxe
Zippy&#39;Fancy P Just the Right Tangy T<<st§
Dissolve 1l/i cups sugar
West Virginia Brand Ham
in 4 cups cranberry
cups pineapple juice, 2
quarts ginger ale and
Whole or Either Half
juice of 1 lemon. A
pumpkin shell makes a
colorful punch bowl.
JACK-O&#39;-LANTERN
COOKIES: Make two
Lincoln varieties - Save 20t
batches of large soft j
Leg ofV e a l &#92;& a & 55& Chicken
cookies. Using a sharp |
Grade A Beltsville
fresh or frozen
knife, carve&#39; faces in |
. 4 lo 8 lbs.weight range
half trie cookies. Spread |
remaining cookies with |
Veal Roast -:.*o49& Parts
frosting. Top with cut- j
out cookies.
Veal Chops 75c&#39;n85&#39;
Legs Breasts
MONEY SAVING COUPON
Plastic FloorMat
Beech-Nut Coffee
an excellent Boor protector
average size 6 ft x 30 inches
special pack
Red Delicious, Fancy Mclntosh orRed Staymans
Cottage Cheese
(with this coupon)
Hallowe&#39;en coming up... have plenty of apples on hand
at your nearby Safeway
LIMIT 1 PER CUSTOMER
Void After Saturday, October 31st, 1959
Wishbone Dressing
1M!W( JJH &#39;W
Carton Tomatoes
Fancy RedRipe
French or Ruikim Slylt
MONEY SAVING COUPON
Livens any meal
laki homt on* of <<ach
THIS COUPON WORTH25c
Fancy Potatoes Premium Quality
Waldorf bag &#92;&C&#92;&what you buy
Toward the Purchase of a
G<<l in on Diil&#39;i n<<W conlttl plui
Giant 32 Ounce Jar
(heir monay-iiving coupon oiler
Ragu Spaghetti Sauce
Valencia Oranges Juicy California
Advertiied price* e<<<<tive at the Corierel fc ^
Rich inflavor
Uruntwkk Salewoy Storei thru Sat., O i l . 31. << <>rve the rfghl to limit quontitiei. None fole tor
LIMIT 1 PER CUSTOMER
Void After Saturday, October 3 h t , 1959
Marmalades, Toilet Green Beans 1 A
Jams, Jellies
B^yer&#39;B new fresh pack
1|b. can (TM) . ^W
Old V choice of 4 varieties
Marcal, 1000sheet roll in Polyethylenebag--oo>>*o--
5 ~&#39;1.00THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29, 1959
PAGE SEVENn to Be Grandmother,
Sale listed
to Launch &#39;Ltu Vega* High?
PLANE ON CITY STREET
For ElectionDaymlo Woman Discovers
Atlantic City
— A biplane
IWY PublicationWOODBRIDGE — School 11
became disabled
recently, thenILO PARK TERRACE— &#92;&And you know,&#92;& she eon- says women hate betn? |fides. &#92;&This baby Isn&#39;t at all
PTA will hold a cake sale Elec-!
WOODBRIDOE — The J<<w-skimmed over telephone wiresnothers, and that It ages] like the rest of them there at
tth Community Center will to land on a residential street,&#92;& nsks Mrs. William Hoi-&#39; the hospital. Shewasn&#39;t red or
Ion Day at the school froir WOODBRITM3E — A eele- hold a &#92;& U s Veias Night&#92;& 8atn-icking a itreet sign, house andi, who became a grand- [wrinkled, just beautiful. I&#39;m
bration, to mark
the publlca-iurday, November 21, with
thoecarr for the first time two lust so tickled at this grand-
0 A M to 6 P. M /Members
tlon of the&#92;&Know
Your Town&#92;& dance and gala program at
was, ago with the birth of mother business I tell every-
re asked to bake goods which&#39;pound Valeria Kay Po &#92;&r.e.
lay be delivered to anv of the
booklet, will be held tonight atjCenter, Amboy Avenue. Mrs Injured.ras so excited and happy
ollowlng drop-off ata<<ons|<>1 Predmore
nl&#92;&ne had been aloft: the whole thins .that I
between 6 and B P.&#39;M.; Voters at the home of Mrs.Avenue. Colonla. I s co-chalr spraying Insecticide to eradi-Service Awardsft a new shade of eye-
W Mrs. S. V. Oold- Berwyn Franner. 27 Starlight m>>n with Lou Strauw, 107 cate mosquitoes thought to be
bearing the disease encepha-|jw Just for vlsltlnB my
:nilth 16 Lambert S Mrs. Drive, Colonla.
iWedgewood Avenue.Given by Plantliter and the baby at the
W Naulty, 67 High S The party will also htfnor I An orchestra, game*, re- litis. ,1. I think It&#39;s the most
4iss A. I, Kunenko, 114 Jwnes|new and prospec}

我要回帖

更多关于 take your heart 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信