how many hours a day do you sleep studyand study(回答)

八年级英语上册Unit1测试题(有答案)
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
八年级英语上册Unit1测试题(有答案)
作者:佚名 资料来源:网络 点击数: &&&
八年级英语上册Unit1测试题(有答案)
文 章 来源 莲山 课件 w w w.5 Y
Unit 1 How often do you exercise?温故知新(课前预习类训练)Ⅰ.Match word with proper degree.(把下列单词与所指程度连起来。)1.sometimes                A.100%2.always&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.once a year3.never&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.once or twice a week4.often&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&   &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.0%5.hardly ever&&&&&&&&&  &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& E.four or five times a weekⅡ.Please go through the text and find the words or expressions that mean the same as those below.(预习课文并从中找出下列汉语表达的相应英文表达。)1.很少/几乎不曾     &&&&2.网上冲浪     3.至于/关于     &&&&&4.一周两次     5.对……有好处     &&&&&6.照顾     7.饮食习惯     &&&&&&8.努力去做某事     9.许多/大量的     &&&&&10.和……一样     
一鼓作气(课中强化类训练)●Exercises for new words(生词专练)Ⅰ.Spell out the word according to the paraphrase.(根据释义写出单词。)1.h   almost not2.t   two times3.I   international computer network4.h   thing that a person does often5.j   useless or unwanted things●Exercises for phrases(短语专练)Ⅱ.Complete the sentence with the proper phrase in the box.(用框中适当的短语完成句子。)&1.Lucy and LLily has&&&&&& lifestyle&&&&&& Lucy.2.My sister is always ill,she&&&&&& does exercise.3.My parents went to work,so I had to&&&&&& myself.4.―&&&&&&& do you exercise?―Once a week.5.If I study hard,I believe(相信)I can&&&&&& .6.The young(年轻人) should&&&&&& the old&&&&&& some cleaning.7.II should do my homework&&&&&& .8.I want to play basketball,&&&&&&& homework,I will finish it later.9.It is time of computer,everyone wants to&&&&&& .10.I&&&&&& do my homework.●Exercises for function items(交际用语专练)Ⅲ.Choose the proper answers to the questions.(根据问题选择正确的答语。)1.How many hours do you sleep every night?   A.Yes,I do.2.What sports do you play?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&  B.Because it’s not good for my health.3.Why do you eat junk food once a week?&&&   C.Every day.4.How often do you do homework?&&&&&&&&&&&  D.Eight hours.5.Do you like to drink milk?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&   E.I play volleyball.Ⅳ.Arrange the following sentences in the correct order to make a dialogue.(重新排列下列句子,使之成为完整的对话。)1.You’re early,too!2.What are you doing now?3.Do you like running?4.Morning!You are early today.5.Running.6.How often do you exercise?7.Yes,very much.8.Let’s go running together.9.Twice a week.10.OK.Let’s go.排列顺序&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&  ●Exercises for grammar(语法专练)Ⅴ.Multiple choice(单项)1.―How often heto English evening class?―    .A.go       B.going       C.go       D.went答案:1.C& How often表示频率,应用一般现在时。2.30% students like the watch.What does “30%”mean?A.None of the students.&&B.All the students.C.Some of the students.&&D.Most of the students.答案:C 30%不超过一半。3.Does your mother often go to the movies?   ,she doesn’t like movies at all.A.Ever&&&&&& B.Never&&&&& C.Some times&&&&& D.Usually答案:B 从“she doesnt like movies at all”可知上文应是为否定意义的表达。4.You hardly know him,&&&&&& ?A.are you&&&&& B.aren’t you&&&&& C.do you&&&&& D.don’t you答案:C hardly表示“几乎没有”,表示否定,所以后面要用肯定。5.―Are you late for class? ―&&&&&& .A.Yes,never&&&&&& B.Yes,sometimes&&&&& C.No,ever&&&&&&& D.No,usually答案:5.B A、C、D选项本身前后矛盾。6.―&&&&&&& does Mary do on weekends?―Shop.A.Where&&&&&& B.What&&&&&& C.Why&&&&&&& D.How答案:B  “做什么”为do的宾语。7.―There are 85% students watching TV every day.―So we know&&&&&&&& students do it.A.all&&&&&& B.some&&&&&& C.most&&&&& D.no答案:C 85%超过了一半,因此用most。8.―What did you do over the weekend?―&&&&&& .A.I write a new song& B.I’m practicing my guitarC.I’ll visit my sister&& D.I changed my hair color答案:D 问句是过去时,答句也用过去时。9.―Would you like&&&&&&&&& to drink?―Yes,please.A.anything&&&&&& B.something&&&&&& C.nothing&&&&&&& D.some答案:B would like句型,疑问句中something不用变。10.―How often do you do morning exercises?―&&&&&&& .A.Less than two hours&& B.Every morning& C.Every night&& D.Yesterday答案:B 表频率,用every morning。●Sentence structure training(句子结构专练)Ⅵ.Rewrite the following sentence according to the request in the parentheses.(根据括号中的要求改写下列句子。)1.I go swimming four times a month.(对画线部分提问)&&&&&&&&&& do you go swimming?2.They play football on Wednesday and Saturday afternoon.(变为同义句)They play football&&&&&&&&&& a&&&&&&&&&& .3.He takes a walk after supper.(变为否定句)He&&&&&&&&&&&&& a walk after supper.4.They often sleep for eight hours every night.(对画线部分提问)___&&&&&&&& do they sleep every night?5.Her lifestyle isn’t the same as mine.(变为同义句)Her lifestyle is         mine.答案:1.How often 2.week 3.doesnt take4.How long 5.different from快乐时光Two birdsTeacher:Here are two birds,one is a swallow,the other is sparrow.Now who can tell us which is which?Student:I cannot point out but I know the answer.Teacher:Please tell us.Student:The swallow is beside the sparrow and the sparrow is beside the swallow.两只鸟老师: 这儿有两只鸟,一只是燕子,一只是麻雀。谁能指出哪只是燕子,哪只是麻雀吗? 学生:我指不出,但我知道答案。老师:请说说看。学生:燕子旁边的就是麻雀,麻雀旁边的就是燕子。再接再厉(课后巩固类训练)●Elementary exercises(基础题)Ⅰ.Spell out the word according to the sentence meaning and tip.(根据句意和提示写出单词。)1.Healthy l    is very good for our study and work.2.Jack’s eating hhe doesn’t like v    or fruit.3.Jim e    twice a day,so he is very strong.4.I s    go to the beach.Its pretty beautiful.5.If you eat too much junk food,you”ll be u   .Ⅳ.Complete the sentence with the right word form.(用单词的正确形式。)1.&&&&&&&& (drink)milk is good for our health.2.Do you like to eat healthy or&&&&&&& (health) food?3.There is no&&&&& (different) between us.4.Good food and exercise help us&&&&&&& (study) better.5.My grandma looks very young because he&&&&&&&&& (exercise) every day.●Integrated exercises(综合题)Ⅲ.Multiple choice(单项填空)1.―&&&&& do you surf the Internet?―Once a week.A.How&&&B.How old&&& C.How often&&D.How many times2.Can you&&&&&&&& how often you do things?A.talk&&B.talk about&&&& C.speak&&D.tell of3.―Do you often go outing?―&&&&&&& .A.Yes,never&&B.Yes,sometimesm&& C.No,ever&& D.No,usually4.&&&&&&&&& homework,most students do it every day.A.With&B.For&&& C.As&&&D.As for5.His mother wants him&&&&&&&&& good food.A.eat&B.to eat&&&&&& C.eating&&&D.eats6.He tries&&&&&&& English.And he practices&&&&&&&& English every day.A.to speak&&B.speaking C.speaking&&D.to speak7.Can you help me&&&&&&&& up the waste things?A.cleaning&B.with clean&&&& C.of cleaning&&D.to clean8.&&&&&&& it is rainy today, he still works outside.A.Abut&&&&& B.Balthough&&&& C./;although&&D.A/9.―&&&&&&&&&& do you eat fruit?―Every day.A.What&&B.How&&&&&& C.How long&&D.How often10.Mrs.Smith is very&&&&&&& .She has to sit down and rest every five minutes when she works.A.well&&B.healthy&&&&&&&&&& C.unhealthy&D.good●Link to test(模拟链接)Ⅳ.Complete the following exercises.(完成下列练习。)1.(2010云南课改实验区模拟模拟)―Do you know&&&&&& the Olympic Games are held.―Eveny four years.A.how soon&&&&&& B.how long&&&&& C.how many&&&&&& D.how often2.(2010江西模拟)―How many of these books have you read?―&&&&&&& of them.Every one.A.Many&&B.Some&&C.Al&l&&D.None3.(经典回放)―&&&&&&&& do you go to Hong Kong?―Sorry,I’ve never been there.A.How long&&B.How often&&C.How far&&D.How soon4.(经典回放)Tom never gets up late,&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ?(在原题上完成反意疑问句)5.(经典回放)He does morning exercise every day.(变成否定句)He&&&&&&&&&&&& morning exercise every day.巧学法园地长相近似分得开――结果状语从句引导词so...that...与such...that...such...that...,so...that...,同属结果状从句,用法易混需指摘。such后面接名词,so与形副紧紧挨。选择填空混一起,准确判断自明白。&文 章 来源 莲山 课件 w w w.5 Y
上一个试题: 下一个试题:
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?( ) do you sleep every day? For about ten hours. A. How often B. How C. How long D. Ho——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
( ) do you sleep every day? For about ten hours. A. How often B. How C. How long D. How soon 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
—&_____do you sleep every day?&—For about ten hours.
[&&&& ]A. How often B. How C. How long D. How soon
—&________do you sleep every day?&— For about ten hours.
A. How often B. How C. How long D. How soon
  Babies sleep about eighteen hours a day.Mrs Thatcher and Napoleon both said they only needed to do it three or four hours a night.Sleep.No one can live without it.But how much do we really need?
  Research(研究)by the National Sleep Foundation in Washington says that we all need eight hours’ sleep every night.Scientists have found that people who sleep for less than six and a half hours for
a night are more often ill than people who sleep for eight hours.Going without sleep also increases(增加)the chance of serious illness.“Workaholics(工作狂)”who sleep for less than five hours often die young, and do less well at work.
  The scientists found that adults(成年人)usually sleep for seven hours a night, with 32% sleeping less than six hours.
  It also says that the idea that we need less sleep as we get older is completely untrue.“People have no idea how important sleep is to their lives, ”Dr Thomas Roth, director of the Foundation says, “Good health needs good sleep.”
  “But not too much of it, ”says Professor Jim Horne of Loughborough University, “sleep is like food and drink, ”he believes, “you would always like to have a little bit more.but that doesn’t mean you need it.”Professor Horne studied a group of people who could spend as many hours as they wanted in bed, after ten hours they didn’t find it any easier to get up in the morning.And people who sleep for more than nine hours a night die younger than people who usually sleep for seven or eight!
How many hours a day do babies sleep?________.
It’s ________ for your health to work without sleep.
The word“it”means ________ in the sentence“But not too much of it”.
Professor Horne found it was not ________ for people to get up in the morning after ten hours’ sleep.
more important
more difficult
The passage(文章)is about ________.
We know health and happiness are important in everyone’s life. Here are some ways to make them easy.Eat a balanced diet(平衡饮食). Eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, some grains(谷物) and a little meat.Exercise twice or three times a week.Get enough sleep. It is best to get eight hours’ sleep a day.Keep yourself busy. This is good because it stops you from having bad habits. To keep yourself busy, you can walk around the house, spend time with your pets, do a sport, or do a hobby you enjoy.Go out and make friends. Spend time and have fun with them. Talk with them, but you must be sure not to talk about anything bad. You should stay with the people who are healthy and happy themselves.小题1:How often should you exercise if you want to get health and happiness?A.Every day .B.Twice a dayC.Twice or three times a week .D.Three times a month.小题2:How many hours do you need to sleep every day?A.Seven.B.Eight.C.Nine. D.Ten小题3:The underlined word “it”referes to (指的是)“&&&&&”.eating a balanced diet.& B.exercising more& C. keeping yourself busy& D.making friends小题4:Whice of the following is NOT true?A.We should eat a lot of meat to keep healthy. B.We should exercise to keep healthy.C.The people whom we make friends with must be healthy and happy themselves.D.We can spend our free time doing a sport or doing hobby we enjoy.小题5:Which is the best title(标题) for the passage?A.Eating HabitB.Healthy LifestyleC.Making friendsD.Ways to Have Health and Happines
阅读理解。
&&&& Do you know Expo pandas (世博大熊猫)? They're ten pandas from Sichuan. They came to Shanghai& in January this year. They're very happy to be here. Let me tell you about their life. At seven o'clock, they& get up. They often take exercise (锻炼) before breakfast. Do you know what they eat for breakfast? &Some fruit and milk (牛奶). Then it's time for them to play. They like playing together. After that they &usually sleep for two hours. At three o'clock in the afternoon they need to eat something. The food is there& favorite-bamboo(竹子). The ten pandas are very healthy. Many people come to see them. They're the& best wishes for Shanghai Expo.1. Where do the pandas come from?&&& A. Shanghai&&&& &&& B. Sichuan&&&& &&& C. Beijing&&&&&&& D. Shandong2.When do they get up every day?&&& A. At seven o'clock&& &&& B. At eight o'clock&&&&& C. At nine o'clocj&&&&& D. At ten o' clock3.What do they eat for breakfast?&&& A. Fruit and bamboo&&&&& B. Bamboo and milk&& &&& C. Fruit and milk&& &&& D. Bamboo4. What's the meaning of "sleep" in Chinese?&&& A. 工作&& &&& B. 刷牙&&&&& C. 睡觉&&&&& D. 洗脸5.How are the ten pandas?&&& A. They aren't happy.&&&& &&& B. They're healthy.&&&&&&& C. They're too old. &&& D. They are ten years old.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号do you sleep every night? More than eight hours. A. How often B. How much C. How long D. How many——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
______ do you sleep every night? More than eight hours. A. How often B. How much C. How long D. How many
科目:初中英语
来源:期末题
题型:单选题
______ do you sleep every night? More than eight hours.
[&&&& ]A. How often B. How much C. How long D. How many
题型:阅读理解
Are you tired?Do you often catch colds and flu?If so,you might consider changing your sleep habits.Good health demands good sleep.Studies have shown that most people need eight hours of sleep each night.Americans,however, on average, get only seven hours.One&third of us get just six hours,and good health is not simply a matter of how much sleep you get,but also the type of sleep you get. Non&rapid eye movement (NREM) sleep allows your body to grow and repair itself.During NREM sleep,your muscles relax.Your heart rate and breathing rate decrease.Your eyes roll slowly back and forths then they stop moving.Most of the sleeping you do is NREM sleep. Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep restores your brain.During REM sleep,you dream.You may not remember every dream,but every time you sleep,you dream.Your eyes move back and forth quickly.Your breathing rate and heartbeat increase.Your muscles become paralysed (麻痹的).About 25 percent of your sleep is REM sleep.You need enough of both kinds of sleep to be healthy. Is it a real concern if you don’t get enough good sleep?It certainly is.Poor sleep puts you and others at risk.More than 100,000 car accidents are caused each year by drivers who nod off (打盹).Almost $100 billion is lost yearly in the business and environmental field.People deprived_of sleep have been factors in the Challenger space tragedy,the Exxon Valdez oil spill (溢出),and the Chernobyl nuclear reactor accident.So do yourself and everyone around you a favour.Don’t cheat yourself out of good sleep! 1. This passage is mainly about________. A.why people dream B.what happens during REM sleep C.why people catch colds and flu D.the importance of sleep 2.Most sleep at night is________. A.NREM sleep B.REM sleep C.good quality sleep D.sleep that makes you become paralysed 3.“Good sleep” can be described as________. A.getting about eight hours of the two types of sleep B.sleeping soundly through the night C.getting more than seven hours of sleep each night D.having sleep that prevents accidents 4.To help the readers understand the effects of poor sleep habits,the writer________. A.explains the two types of sleep B.compares the two kinds of sleep C.mentions several disasters D.explains all the risks 5.The underlined phrase “deprived of” in the last paragraph means “________”. A.not wanting& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.stopped from having C.trying to get& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.asking for
来源:2008年吉林省初中毕业生学业考试英语试卷
  Babies sleep about eighteen hours a day.Mrs Thatcher and Napoleon both said they only needed to do it three or four hours a night.Sleep.No one can live without it.But how much do we really need?
  Research(研究)by the National Sleep Foundation in Washington says that we all need eight hours’ sleep every night.Scientists have found that people who sleep for less than six and a half hours for
a night are more often ill than people who sleep for eight hours.Going without sleep also increases(增加)the chance of serious illness.“Workaholics(工作狂)”who sleep for less than five hours often die young, and do less well at work.
  The scientists found that adults(成年人)usually sleep for seven hours a night, with 32% sleeping less than six hours.
  It also says that the idea that we need less sleep as we get older is completely untrue.“People have no idea how important sleep is to their lives, ”Dr Thomas Roth, director of the Foundation says, “Good health needs good sleep.”
  “But not too much of it, ”says Professor Jim Horne of Loughborough University, “sleep is like food and drink, ”he believes, “you would always like to have a little bit more.but that doesn’t mean you need it.”Professor Horne studied a group of people who could spend as many hours as they wanted in bed, after ten hours they didn’t find it any easier to get up in the morning.And people who sleep for more than nine hours a night die younger than people who usually sleep for seven or eight!
How many hours a day do babies sleep?________.
It’s ________ for your health to work without sleep.
The word“it”means ________ in the sentence“But not too much of it”.
Professor Horne found it was not ________ for people to get up in the morning after ten hours’ sleep.
more important
more difficult
The passage(文章)is about ________.
During the day we work and play and at night we sleep. Our bodies rest while we sleep. In the morning we are ready to work and play again. It is while we are asleep that our bodies grow most. When children feel tired and angry, they usually need more sleep. We can get our lessons better, and we feel better, too, when we have had plenty of rest. Boys and girls, eight or nine years old, need ten hours of sleep every night. Our bodies need plenty of air when we sleep. If we do not get enough fresh air we wake up feeling tired. While in bed we must not cover our heads. If we do, our lungs (肺) will not get enough fresh air. If we open our windows at night we can have plenty of fresh air. Cool air is better than warm air. Boys and girls must get plenty of sleep if they want to grow and be strong. 1.Our bodies grow most while we are ________. &&& A.eating&&&&&&&& &&&& B.playing&&&&&&& &&&&& C.sleeping&&&&&&& &&& D.exercising 2.Which is the best air for us? &&& A.Hot air.&&&&&&&& && B.Cool air.&&&&&& &&&&& C.Warm air.&&&&& &&&& D.Dry air. 3.What often makes us feel tired in the morning? &&& A.Too much air.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& B.Not enough fresh air. &&& C.Too much cold air.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& D.Too much sleep. 4.How can you get plenty of fresh air at night? You can______. &&& A.open your windows&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& B.not sleep in bed &&& C.sleep ten hours&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& D.go to bed late 5.The writer is trying to tell boys and girls ______. &&&&& A.to get their lessons better&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&& B.not to cover their heads C.how to go to bed&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.to get plenty of sleep
来源:同步题
阅读理解。&&&& During the day we work and play and at night we sleep. Our bodies rest while we sleep. In the morning we are ready to work and play again. It is while we are asleep that our bodies grow most. When children feel tired and angry, they usually need more sleep. We can get our lessons better, and we feel better, too, when we have had plenty of rest. Boys and girls, eight or nine years old, need ten hours of sleep every night. Our bodies need plenty of air when we sleep. If we do not get enough fresh air, we wake up feeling tired. While in bed we must not cover our heads. If we do, our lungs(肺) will not get enough fresh air. If we open our windows at night, we can have plenty of fresh air. Cool air is better than warm air. Boys and girls must get plenty of sleep if they want to grow and be strong.1. Our bodies grow most while we are ________.A. eatingB. playingC. sleepingD. exercising2. Which is the best air for us? ________ air.&A. Hot&& B. Cool&&C. Warm&&D. Dry3. What often makes us feel tired in the morning?& A. Too much air.&&&&&&&&&& B. Not enough fresh air.C. Too much cold air.&&&&&& D. Too much sleep.4. How can you get plenty of fresh air at night? You can ________.&& A. open your windows&&&&&&B. not sleep in bedC. sleep ten hours&&&&&&&&&&D. go to bed late5. The writer is trying to tell boys and girls________.& A. to get their lessons better&& B. not to cover their headsC. how to go to bed&&&&&&&&&&D. to get plenty of sleep
来源:2012届浙江省温州市平阳县九年级中考模拟考试英语试卷(带解析)
March 16 is World Sleep Day. This year’s slogan is “Breathe Easily, Sleep Well”. Its aim is to celebrate the *benefits of good and healthy sleep. Fangfang, from Liaoning, just became a high school student last September. She gets up at 5:30 a.m. every day and goes to bed at about midnight. Fangfang feels sleepy all the time. “I want to finish all my homework first,” she said.Sleep is like food for the brain. Enough sleep helps the body and brain grow and develop. According to the National Sleep *Foundation in the US, adults need seven to nine hours of sleep every night. For students who are 10 to 17 years old, a healthy amount is about eight to nine hours every night. But many students don’t get enough sleep because of early school start time and heavy homework. About 80 percent of middle school students don’t get enough sleep, the China Youth and Children Research Center reported. For some students, they want to sleep early, but they keep worrying about their schoolwork and can’t fall asleep quickly. For others,they may even have insomnia, and usually they have to ask the doctors for help. These sleeping problems greatly *affect people’s life. Some doctors found out that *lack of sleep for teenagers lead to poor grades. Students without enough sleep cannot pay attention in class or do well in sports. Also, they often become anxious easily. Luckily, with good sleep habits, it is easier to fall asleep. Some of these good habits include *avoiding drinks that make people excited late in the day, going to sleep at the same time every night, and sleeping in a comfortable place that is dark, quiet, and neither too warm nor too cold. More tips to get a good night’s sleep:Exercising during the day. You’d better do sports three hours before going to bed.Don’t eat big meals before bedtime. Drink a warm glass of milk.If you stay awake worrying about things, try making a list of things that you need to do before you go to bed.【小题1】How much sleep do students aged from 10 to 17 need every night?&A.7 hours.B.8-9 hours.C.10-12 hoursD.Less than 7 hours.【小题2】What does the word “insomnia” mean in Paragraph 4? A.失眠症. B.好动症.C.咽喉炎. D.关节炎.【小题3】If teenagers don’t get enough sleep, they may _____________.&A.do well in sportsB.grow and develop betterC.feel sleepy in classD.do much better in studies【小题4】Which of the following is a good sleeping habit according to the passage? &A.Do exercise at night before going to bed. B.Going to sleep at the same time every night.C.Going to sleep in a place where it is bright. D.Eat big meals or drink a lot of wine at night.【小题5】What is the main idea of the passage? &&A.People should sleep well to live healthy and study better. B.Teenagers should sleep longer on Saturdays and Sundays. C.People should see the doctor if they don’t have enough sleep. D.Teenagers don’t get enough sleep because of heavy homework.
来源:不详
March 16 is World Sleep Day. This year’s slogan is “Breathe Easily, Sleep Well”. Its aim is to celebrate the *benefits of good and healthy sleep. Fangfang, from Liaoning, just became a high school student last September. She gets up at 5:30 a.m. every day and goes to bed at about midnight. Fangfang feels sleepy all the time. “I want to finish all my homework first,” she said.Sleep is like food for the brain. Enough sleep helps the body and brain grow and develop. According to the National Sleep *Foundation in the US, adults need seven to nine hours of sleep every night. For students who are 10 to 17 years old, a healthy amount is about eight to nine hours every night. But many students don’t get enough sleep because of early school start time and heavy homework. About 80 percent of middle school students don’t get enough sleep, the China Youth and Children Research Center reported. For some students, they want to sleep early, but they keep worrying about their schoolwork and can’t fall asleep quickly. For others,they may even have insomnia, and usually they have to ask the doctors for help. These sleeping problems greatly *affect people’s life. Some doctors found out that *lack of sleep for teenagers lead to poor grades. Students without enough sleep cannot pay attention in class or do well in sports. Also, they often become anxious easily. Luckily, with good sleep habits, it is easier to fall asleep. Some of these good habits include *avoiding drinks that make people excited late in the day, going to sleep at the same time every night, and sleeping in a comfortable place that is dark, quiet, and neither too warm nor too cold. More tips to get a good night’s sleep:Exercising during the day. You’d better do sports three hours before going to bed.Don’t eat big meals before bedtime. Drink a warm glass of milk.If you stay awake worrying about things, try making a list of things that you need to do before you go to bed.小题1:How much sleep do students aged from 10 to 17 need every night?&A.7 hours.B.8-9 hours.C.10-12 hoursD.Less than 7 hours.小题2:What does the word “insomnia” mean in Paragraph 4? A.失眠症. B.好动症.C.咽喉炎. D.关节炎.小题3:If teenagers don’t get enough sleep, they may _____________.&A.do well in sportsB.grow and develop betterC.feel sleepy in classD.do much better in studies小题4:Which of the following is a good sleeping habit according to the passage? &A.Do exercise at night before going to bed. B.Going to sleep at the same time every night.C.Going to sleep in a place where it is bright. D.Eat big meals or drink a lot of wine at night.小题5:What is the main idea of the passage? &&A.People should sleep well to live healthy and study better. B.Teenagers should sleep longer on Saturdays and Sundays. C.People should see the doctor if they don’t have enough sleep. D.Teenagers don’t get enough sleep because of heavy homework.
March 16 is World Sleep Day. This year’s slogan is “Breathe Easily, Sleep Well”. Its aim is to celebrate the *benefits of good and healthy sleep. Fangfang, from Liaoning, just became a high school student last September. She gets up at 5:30 a.m. every day and goes to bed at about midnight. Fangfang feels sleepy all the time. “I want to finish all my homework first,” she said.Sleep is like food for the brain. Enough sleep helps the body and brain grow and develop. According to the National Sleep *Foundation in the US, adults need seven to nine hours of sleep every night. For students who are 10 to 17 years old, a healthy amount is about eight to nine hours every night. But many students don’t get enough sleep because of early school start time and heavy homework. About 80 percent of middle school students don’t get enough sleep, the China Youth and Children Research Center reported. For some students, they want to sleep early, but they keep worrying about their schoolwork and can’t fall asleep quickly. For others,they may even have insomnia, and usually they have to ask the doctors for help. These sleeping problems greatly *affect people’s life. Some doctors found out that *lack of sleep for teenagers lead to poor grades. Students without enough sleep cannot pay attention in class or do well in sports. Also, they often become anxious easily. Luckily, with good sleep habits, it is easier to fall asleep. Some of these good habits include *avoiding drinks that make people excited late in the day, going to sleep at the same time every night, and sleeping in a comfortable place that is dark, quiet, and neither too warm nor too cold. More tips to get a good night’s sleep:Exercising during the day. You’d better do sports three hours before going to bed.Don’t eat big meals before bedtime. Drink a warm glass of milk.If you stay awake worrying about things, try making a list of things that you need to do before you go to bed1.How much sleep do students aged from 10 to 17 need every night?A.7 hoursB.8-9 hoursC.10-12 hoursD.Less than 7 hours2.What does the word “insomnia” mean in Paragraph 4?A.失眠症B.好动症C.咽喉炎D.关节炎3.If teenagers don’t get enough sleep, they may _____________A.do well in sportsB.grow and develop betterC.feel sleepy in classD.do much better in studies4.Which of the following is a good sleeping habit according to the passage?A.Do exercise at night before going to bedB.Going to sleep at the same time every nightC.Going to sleep in a place where it is brightD.Eat big meals or drink a lot of wine at night5.What is the main idea of the passage?A.People should sleep well to live healthy and study betterB.Teenagers should sleep longer on Saturdays and SundaysC.People should see the doctor if they don’t have enough sleepD.Teenagers don’t get enough sleep because of heavy homework
来源:新疆自治区期末题
阅读下面短文,把A~D四个句子填入文中空缺处(1~4), 使短文内容完整正确,然后完成第5题。 &&&& Babies sleep for up to eighteen hours a day. Sleep, no one can live without it.&1______&&&&& Research (研究) by the National Sleep Foundation in Washington says that we all need eight hours' sleep every night. Scientists have found that people who sleep for less than six and a half hours a night are more often ill than people who sleep for eight hours. 1______& "Workaholics (工作狂)" who sleep for less than five hours often die young, and do less well at work. &&&& It also says that the idea that we need less sleep as we get older is untrue." People have no idea how important sleep is to their lives," Dr Thomas Roth, director of the Foundation says,"&3______&" &&&& "But not too much of it," says Professor Jim Horne." Sleep is like food and drink," he believes:"&4______& " Professor Horne studied a group of people who could spend as hours a after ten hours they didn't find it any easier to get up in the morning. And people who sleep for more than nine hours a night die younger than people who usually sleep for seven or eight. A. But how much do we really need? B. You would always like to have a little bit more, but that doesn't mean you need it. C. Good health needs good sleeps. D. Going without sleep also increases the chance of illness. 5. What's the best title for this passage? A. Children and Sleep B. The Secrets of Sleep C. Sleep and Work D. Are You Having Enough Sleep?
During the day we work and play and at night we sleep.Our bodies rest while we sleep.In the morning we are ready to work and play again.It is while we are asleep that our bodies grow most.When children feel tired and angry,they usually need more sleep.We can get our lessons better,and we feel better,too,when we have had plenty of rest.Boys and girls,eight or nine years old,need ten hours of sleep every night.Our bodies need plenty of air when we sleep.If we do not get enough fresh air we wake up feeling tired.While in bed we must not cover our heads.If we do,our lungs(肺)will not get enough flesh air.If we open our windows at night we can have plenty of flesh air.Cool air is better than warm air.Boys and gifts must get plenty of sleep if they want to grow and be strong. (&& &)1.Our bodies grow most while we are ________. &&& A.eating&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B.playing&&& &&&&&&&&&&&& C.sleeping &&&&&&&& D.exercising (& &&)2.Which is the best air for us? __________air. &&& A.Hot&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Cool&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.Warm &&&&&&&&&&& D.Dry (&&& )3.What often makes us feel tired in the morning? &&& A.Too much air.&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Not enough fresh air. &&& C.Too much cold air.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Too much sleep. ( &&&)4.How call you get plenty of flesh air at night? You can __________. &&& A.open your windows&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.not sleep in bed &&& C.sleep ten hours &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.go to bed late (& &&)5.The writer is trying to tell boys and girls _________. &&& A.to get their lessons better&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.not to cover their heads &&& C.how to go to bed &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.to get plenty of sleep
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号}

我要回帖

更多关于 how many hours 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信