There but for the grace to youof you go I,什么意思

There But for the Grace of God Go I - Kerri Chandler - 单曲 - 网易云音乐
There But for the Grace of God Go I
所属专辑:
网易云音乐多端下载
同步歌单,随时畅听320k好音乐
网易公司版权所有(C)杭州乐读科技有限公司运营:文件读取中.. 长时间无响应请重新打开..
S02E05 驱魔人 第2季第05集.The Exorcist.[WEB.1080P]中英文字幕
2017年 美国
类型:剧情 惊悚 恐怖
导演:杰森·恩斯勒
演员:阿方索·埃雷拉 本·丹尼尔斯 Kurt Egyiawan 李丽君
介绍:FOX续订《驱魔人》第二季。
评分不足5人
总共发布过9455条字幕
点击下载字幕文件
字幕仅作语言学习之用,版权归片方所有
The.Exorcist.S02E05.There.but.for.the.Grace.of.God.Go.I.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-KiNGS.繁体&英文.ass144kThe.Exorcist.S02E05.There.but.for.the.Grace.of.God.Go.I.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-KiNGS.繁体&英文.srt92kThe.Exorcist.S02E05.There.but.for.the.Grace.of.God.Go.I.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-KiNGS.繁体.ass85kThe.Exorcist.S02E05.There.but.for.the.Grace.of.God.Go.I.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-KiNGS.繁体.srt54kThe.Exorcist.S02E05.There.but.for.the.Grace.of.God.Go.I.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-KiNGS.简体&英文.ass144kThe.Exorcist.S02E05.There.but.for.the.Grace.of.God.Go.I.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-KiNGS.简体&英文.srt92kThe.Exorcist.S02E05.There.but.for.the.Grace.of.God.Go.I.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-KiNGS.简体.ass85kThe.Exorcist.S02E05.There.but.for.the.Grace.of.God.Go.I.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-KiNGS.简体.srt54kThe.Exorcist.S02E05.There.but.for.the.Grace.of.God.Go.I.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-KiNGS.英文.srt79k
类别:电视
语言:简体 , 繁体 , 英文
来源:字幕翻译
格式:srt , ass
字幕版本:The.Exorcist.S02E05.There.but.for.the.Grace.of.God.Go.I.720p/1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-KiNGS
发表评论 共 0 条
QQ群: | [|] |There But for the Grace of God Go I
| LinkedIn
Note: I just heard about the 2nd teenage suicide within my community in less than one month. Please share this post if you think my story can make a difference in someone's life.
Last night my son’s fire pager went off and like hundreds of times before, the call for a response was made. And like hundreds of times before, knowing that he would be going into service, I listened to the call as I went about my business.
Last night’s call was different than any I had heard before, however, it required my full attention. The call was for a “suicidal woman threatening to harm herself.”
When I heard the dispatcher make that statement, my heart sank and the resounding thought that went through my mind was to pray for her. Pray…pray…pray. Tears began to stream down my face as I asked God to give this woman His strength.
I don’t know why I felt this impulse, this wasn’t anyone with whom I had a personal relationship, but th I knew all too well the decision she was making – to hang on to life or to let go.
We all hear about people that have committed suicide, but to be part of the situation as it unfolded, knowing first-hand what was going through her mind, was gut-wrenching.
When I heard that additional assistance was no longer needed, I realized that she made her decision, but at the time I didn’t know the outcome. It was hours later that I learned “the woman” had passed away and that “the woman” was a teenager.
The loss of any life is tragic, but the loss of a child is devastating. This beautiful soul who had her entire life ahead of her, who had only just begun her journey, was in a darkness so consuming that she couldn’t find a way out. She didn’t see any alternatives. In that moment last night I thought, “There but for the grace of God go I.”
It wasn’t that long ago that I spent much of my time considering methods that would allow me to “go home” and be with my family. After I lost my mother and sister within six months (who joined my father and brother in Heaven), and when, at the same time, my husband of 23 years abandoned me, leaving me a single parent to grieve tremendous loss on my own, I was so broken that I didn’t see any hope for my future.
How would I survive without the love and security of my parents and family? How would I care for two children on my own with no substantial means of financial support? How could I be mother and father to two maturing boys? Why did everyone leave at once? Every day I sobbed because I didn’t want to be alone.
It wasn’t that I wanted to die, somewhere deep in my mind I understood that I had children to care for and that my life was of value, but the notion of surviving and moving forward day after day after day was too hard. I didn’t have the strength. Up until that point I had lived a charmed life with a wonderful family. Then, in the blink of an eye, it was gone – only remnants remained.
Getting through each day, alone, and in pain, was too much to bear. I was so tired. I just wanted to be with my family and feel safe and loved. I didn’t know how to survive and I didn’t have the desire to learn so I spent my days trying to figure out ways to get out. Ways that would let me off the hook but with minimal damage to my kids (as if such a way existed).
I even prayed to God to spare another woman that was dying (someone with a husband, children, parents, friends and family that would be devastated without her), and to take me in her place.
People close to me knew I was in pain, but very few knew the extent. I was too embarrassed. I was the rock for everyone and the rock never lets anyone see it crumble. So I hid what I was contemplating. Everyone just thought I was sad due to grief. There was only one person that I went to for help, but he didn’t offer any, which only validated my reasoning.
On the darkest day of my life, after I made my choice and was fully ready to take action, I was saved. I don’t know why, in that moment, I opened my eyes, but I did and that day was a turning point in my journey. God offered His grace and I accepted it. I began my healing and have not looked back.
The past six years have not been easy, there have been many ups and downs, but I have learned things about myself and have grown in ways not possible had it not been for the darkness I experienced. I have come to realize that the worst pain will bear fruit when given the chance.
I am not a medical professional, but I have been in the black hole and I know the feelings of despair, hopelessness, and brokenness. With work and faith, I survived that place, emerged stronger, and learned a thing or two. Here is some newly acquired wisdom that I share with you:
o The sun will come up tomorrow and although this may sound cliché, a new day brings new opportunities for change of circumstance. You never know what will happen tomorrow but you must be here to experience it. Do whatever it takes to hang on for another day.
o There is always someone who cares. Even though you may not believe it, there is always someone. Find that person. It may be a friend, counselor, parent, sibling, support group, clergy member, even a stranger on the street. But you have to let the person in. People are kinder than you think.
o A trained expert has the skills and knowledge to guide you through any situation. Don’ seek professional help.
o There is no shame in being sad, depressed, anxious, or afraid. Do not be embarrassed about how you feel. You are not weak, you are human.
o When you love yourself everything else falls into place. Know your value and recognize that it is not d what they think about you or how they treat you. What matters is what you think about you and how you treat yourself.
o Being thankful changes the way you view life. Think of one thing for which you are grateful (no matter how small) and focus on it. Acknowledge a nourishing meal, warm house, pretty flower, or hearing a favorite song … anything … then say, “thank you.” Do this every day.
o Sometimes the best medicine is to be in service to others. Offer a loving hand to someone in need.
o Trust God. Remember, if He brings you to it, He will bring you through it. Learn the lessons and search for the gifts and blessings in the situation (I promise they are there even if you don’t see them now).
As the music group, REM, so eloquently stated in the song, Everybody Hurts, “When you’re sure you’ve had enough of this life, hang on. Don’t let yourself go… everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes.”
Looking for more of the latest headlines on LinkedIn?There But For The Grace Of God Go I -Various Artists, There But For The Grace Of God Go I MP3下载,歌词下载 - 虾米音乐
There But For The Grace Of God Go I
@微博好友,送歌给Ta!
Carlos and Carmen Vidal just had a child
A lovely girl with a crooked smile
Now they gotta split 'cause the Bronx ain't fit
For a kid to grow up in
Let's find a place they say, somewhere far away
With no blacks, no Jews and no gays
There but for the grace of God go I
Poppy and the family left the dirty streets
To find a quiet place overseas
And year after year the kid has to hear
The do's, the don'ts and the dears
And when she's ten years old she digs that Rock 'n' Roll
But Poppy bans it from home
Baby, she turns out to be a natural freak
Popping pills and smoking weed
And when she's sweet sixteen, she packs her things and leaves
With a man she met on the street
Carmen starts to bawl, bangs her head to the wall
Too much love is worse than none at all
你可能会喜欢的歌单
太tm爽了这首
以前玩儿GTA4,就为了听这首歌
昨天梦到自己恋爱了
昨晚做了个恋爱的好梦
(第1页, 共11条)
使用手机扫码收听单曲
打开虾米音乐APP
点击 扫一扫
扫描二维码
收藏There But For The 的人们
听There But For The 的人也听
关注虾米:I say there but for the grace of God go I.
在沪江关注英语的沪友yuejia遇到了一个关于英语阅读的疑惑,已有5人提出了自己的看法。
知识点疑惑描述:
“When I drive through Harlem and I drive through the South Side of Chicago and I see young men on the corners,” the president said, “I say there but for the grace of God go I.”有点没看懂,多谢各位指教
最佳知识点讲解
知识点相关讲解
“When I drive through Harlem and I drive through the South Side of Chicago and I see young men on the corners,” the president said, “I say there but for the grace of God go I.”
“当我驱车穿过(纽约的)Harlem区和芝加哥南部,看到年轻人在街角上。”总统说道,“如果没有上帝的保守,我可能也会那样。”
there but for the grace of God go I
解释:I too, like someone seen to have suffered misfortune, might have suffered a similar fate, but for God's mercy.
1)http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/there-but-for-the-grace-of-god.html
2)/There+but+for+the+grace+of+God
—— gyuan8
例句:There,but for the grace of God,go I, sth equally bad might have happened to me.
你瞧, 若非天恩眷顾,我也难幸免.
Will they not always be held back by the thought that there, but for the grace of God, go I?
他们想到&若非幸运,自己也不免如此&而往往欲行又止,难道不是如此吗?
应该是说 要不是上天眷顾,我也会变成那样。
—— cathy妍
参考翻译内容没有仔细考证,楼主可参考上下文:
”驾车穿过Harlem(纽约黑人区),穿过纽约南部,看到年轻的黑人三三两两站在街角“,主席说,”如果不是上天眷顾,保不准我也会误入歧途。“
There but for the grace of God (go I).
Prov. I would likely have experienced or done the same bad thing if God had not been watching over me.
—— narutonaruto
“当我开车经过哈莱姆区,或者经过芝加哥南边的时候,我看到那些年轻人在街角,”总统说。“如果上帝没有保佑,我大概和他们有着一样的悲惨经历。”
这是奥巴马勉励一些美国黑人的时候说的,他在回想自己年轻的时候,庆幸没有误入歧途。
There but for the grace of God go I 是个谚语,意思是“如果没有上帝的照顾,我也会经历一样的不好的事情,或者做出一样的不好的事情”
—— 牛十九
总统说道:“我说这些是因为上帝给予我恩惠。每当我驱车穿过(纽约的)黑人住宅区和芝加哥的南部城市,看到街角的年轻人”
相关其他知识点}

我要回帖

更多关于 you grace 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信