why do youi think before i ami am a man?

Dear friend,&&&& I am an American girl . My name is Alice Green . I'm& fifteen . I have two brothers .They are middle school students ,too . we go to school from Monday to Friday . We don’t have any classes on Saturdays and Sundays . My father and mother are teachers .They always say China is great I like reading& .I am reading a Chinese story – book .I think it’s very interesting . My brothers and I like football and basketball .What sports do you like ?&&&& Let’s be good pen pals ,OK? Please write to me soon.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&& & Yours&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& &&& Alice Green&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&1 . Why does Alice Green write this letter ?&A.Because she wants to come to China.&B.Because she wants to&have a pen pal in China.&C.Because she likes reading Chinese storybooks.&D.Because&her mother asks her to do it.2. How many people are there in Alice’s family ?&A. Three&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Four&&&&&&&&& C. Five&&&&&&& D.Six3. When do they go to school ?&A.They go to school from Sunday to Friday &B.They go to school from Monday to Saturday.&A.They go to school&on weekends.&&B. They go to school from Monday to Friday.4.What&is Alice doing ?&A. Reading a Chinese storybook&B. playing soccer &C. playing basketball
&D.Reading magazines5. What do Alice and her brother like ?&&A. Story books & B. Football and basketball& C. pen pals
& D.Computer games
1.B&& 2.C&& 3.D&& 4.A&& 5.B看总统首相们被吐槽后怎样漂亮的吐回去【Quora精选】(完成)
发布自己的翻译时请引用原文(编辑框上方左数第四个按钮),以一段英文一段中文的方式发布,方便大家查看,如:
For me, tasks like this are helpful in reminding myself what it means to concentrate, how it feels to be focused on a single task. I also appreciate that these can be done in any spare pockets of time I have during the day.
对于我来说,这样的训练会帮助提醒我自己专注意味这什么,专注于一项任务会有什么样的感觉。并且这些训练可以在一天中的任意琐碎时间进行,颇合我意。
——摘自第一期Quora翻译帖
以下是本期翻译的Quora原文,欢迎大家大胆尝试、虚心求教,我们会和大家一路同行!
以下翻译主要来自。
问:面对侮辱,有什么巧妙的反驳?
Answered by Soma Sekhara Reddy
Soma Sekhara Reddy的回复:
Here are some of the best comebacks I have read in the history ...
下面是我读过的一些历史上很绝妙的反驳。
Foreign Diplomat: "Mr. President! You black your own boots?"
Abraham Lincoln: "Yes. Whose boots do you black?"
某外交官:“总统先生!您给自己擦靴子啊?”
亚伯拉罕·林肯:“是啊,那你给谁擦靴子呢?”
亚伯拉罕·林肯:第16任美国总统。
John Montagu: "Sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or of the pox."
John Wilkes: "That will depend, my lord, on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress."
约翰·蒙塔古:“先生,我真不知道你是会死于绞刑还是瘟疫。”
约翰·威尔克斯:“阁下,那要看我拥抱的是你的理念,还是你的情妇了。”
约翰·蒙塔古:18世纪英国保守党议员。
约翰·威尔克斯:18世纪英国新闻工作者、政治家。
Actress: "I enjoyed reading your book. Who wrote it for you?"
Ilka Chase: "Darling, I’m so glad that you liked it. Who read it to you?"
某女星:“我非常喜欢读你的书,谁替你写的?”
伊尔卡·蔡斯:“亲爱的,我很高兴你能喜欢。谁替你读的?”
伊尔卡·蔡斯:20世纪美国女演员、小说家。
Nancy Astor: "Winston, if you were my husband, I’d put poison in your coffee."
Winston Churchill: "Nancy, if you were my wife, I’d drink it."
南希·阿斯特:“温斯顿,如果你是我丈夫,我一定会在你的咖啡里下毒。”
温斯顿·丘吉尔:“南希,如果你是我妻子,我就喝掉。”
南希·阿斯特:英国首位女下议院议员,沃尔道夫·阿斯特,第二代阿斯特子爵之妻。
温斯顿·丘吉尔:英国政治家、演说家、军事家和作家,1940年至1945年出任英国首相。
Abraham Lincoln: "I leave it to my audience. If I had another face, do you think I would wear this one?"
(林肯十岁的时候被马踢到过脸,容貌和大多数人长得都不太一样。有人说他虚伪,是个两面派的时候,他通过自嘲自己的容貌进行了巧妙的反驳。)
亚伯拉罕·林肯:“我让大家来说说,如果我有两张脸,你觉得我还会用这张吗?”
Anonymous Singer: "You know, my dear, I insured my voice for fifty thousand dollars."
Hopkins: "That’s wonderful. And what did you do with the money?"
某歌手:“亲爱的,你知道么,我给我的声音买了五万美金的保险。”
米利亚姆·霍普金斯:“那很好啊,那些理赔金你拿来干嘛了?”
米利亚姆·霍普金斯:20世纪初百老汇名演员,先后主演过《浪荡少女》、《浮华世界》等电影。
Coward: "You look almost like a man."
Ferber: "So do you."
(科沃德和菲伯关系很好。一天,菲伯穿了一套女式西装,和科沃德的衣服很像,于是他想趁此机会揶揄一下菲伯。)
诺埃尔·科沃德:“你看起来真像个男的。”
埃德纳·菲伯:“你也挺像的。”
诺埃尔·科沃德:英国演员、剧作家、流行音乐作家。因影片《与祖国同在》获得1943年奥斯卡荣誉奖。
埃德纳·菲伯:美国20世纪初的女作家,曾获1925年的普利策小说奖。
MP: "Mr. Churchill, must you fall asleep while I’m speaking?"
Churchill: "No, it’s purely voluntary."
某国会议员:“丘吉尔先生,你一定要在我讲话的时候睡着吗?”
温斯顿·丘吉尔:“不,这纯粹是自愿的。”
Woman: "Mr. Coolidge, I've made a bet against a fellow who said it was impossible to get more than two words out of you."
Coolidge: "You lose."
某位女士:“柯立芝先生,我和朋友打了个赌,他说你讲话不可能超过两个字。”
卡尔文·柯立芝:“没错。”
卡尔文·柯立芝:第30任美国总统。
Source: Nidokidos.
来源:Nidokidos
Q: What are the best comebacks when someone insults you?
面对侮辱的绝佳反击方式是什么?
Answered by Soma Sekhara Reddy
Soma Sekhara Reddy的回复:
Here are some of the best comebacks I have read in the history...
下面是我读过的在历史上被传为佳话的绝佳反击……
Foreign Diplomat: Mr. President! You black your own boots?
Lincoln: Yes. Whose boots do you black?
某外国使节:总统先生!你擦的是自己的皮鞋么?
林肯:是的。那你给谁擦皮鞋啊?
Montagu: Sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or
of the pox.
Wilkes: That will depend, my lord, on whether I embrace your
principles or your mistress.
蒙塔古(贵族?):先生,我真不知道你将会死在绞刑架上还是瘟疫之中。
威尔克斯:阁下,那完全要看我抱的是你的信念还是你的情妇。
Actress: I enjoyed reading your book. Who wrote it for you?
Chase: Darling, I’m so glad that you liked it. Who read it to you?
某女星:我非常喜欢读你的书。谁替你写的?
蔡斯:亲爱的,我非常高兴你喜欢它。谁读给你听的?
Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I’d put poison in your
Churchill: Nancy, if you were my wife, I’d drink it.
阿斯特:温斯顿,如果你是我丈夫,我一定会在你的咖啡里下毒。
丘吉尔:南希,如果你是我妻子,我会毫不犹豫地喝下它。
“I leave it to my audience. If I had another face, do you think I
would wear this one?”
“我让你们来说。如果我有另一张脸,我还会带着现在这张脸么?”
Anonymous Singer: You know, my dear, I insured my voice for fifty
thousand dollars.
Hopkins: That’s wonderful. And what did you do with the money?
某匿名歌手:亲爱的,你知道么,我给我的声音投保五万美金。
霍普金斯:那很好啊。你用理赔金做了什么?
Coward: You look almost like a man.
Ferber: So do you.
科沃德:你看起来就像个男人。
费伯:你不也是。
MP: Mr. Churchill, must you fall asleep while I’m speaking?
Churchill: No, it’s purely voluntary.
某国会议员:丘吉尔先生,你就在我讲话的时候睡着了?
丘吉尔:哦,不是,完全无意识的。
Woman: Mr. Coolidge, I've made a bet against a fellow who said it
was impossible to get more than two words out of you.
Coolidge: You lose.
某位女士:柯立芝先生,我和一个家伙打赌,他说不可能从你嘴里撬开多于两个字。
柯立芝:你输了。【中文对不上啊!】
不好翻译啊
不好翻译啊...
朋友,你是来打酱油的嘛?
朋友,你是来打酱油的嘛?...
报告女王大人,已完成。
这篇翻译的颤颤悠悠的,都是名人说过的话,
翻译错了,我就成笑话了,囧rz……
PS:终于知道数字列表怎么用了,原来是分割线的问题。
我要去论坛反馈去。
这个我就不P了,忒麻烦,还要保留背景神马的。
报告女王大人,已完成。这篇翻译的颤颤悠悠的,都是名人说过的话,翻译错了,...
名人的话,最好是查个出处,看看究竟是哪位名人
我会说我把文字抄录下来就是怕你又去P图了吗……
朋友,你是来打酱油的嘛?...
酱油是神马可以吃吗
Q: What are the best comebacks when s...
这篇在翻译的时候是需要找背景资料的,原文中关于对话双方的内容并不完整,然后只是挑出了句子可能并不能很好理解,善良的我给你找来了很多相关的小故事:
(注:故事流传可能版本不一致,所以大部分都是找的两个故事,比较长,但是当小故事读起来也不费劲)
1.1 Senator Charles Sumner of Massachusetts called at the White House early one morning. He was told that the President was downstairs, that he could go right down. He found the President polishing his boots. Somewhat amazed, Senator Sumner said, "Why, Mr. President, do you black your own boots?" With a vigorous rub of the brush, the President replied, "Whose boots did you think I blacked?"
1.2 Lincoln was a humble man. A high government official once discovered Lincoln polishing his own boots. "Mr. President, gentlemen don't black their own boots," was the protest. Lincoln looked up and innocently replied, "No? Whose boots do they black?"
2.1 Wilkes was extremely ugly and had a dreadful squint but he was very witty. During one of his fights with the government he was invited to make up a table at cards but declined, saying: 'Do not ask me, for I am so ignorant that I cannot tell the difference between a king and a knave.' The Earl of Sandwich's comment that Wilkes would die either of the pox or on the gallows brought the response: 'That depends, my lord, whether I embrace your mistress or your principles.'
2.2 In a famous exchange with John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, where the latter exclaimed, "Sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or of the pox," Wilkes is reported to have replied, "That depends, my lord, on whether I embrace your lordship's principles or your mistress."
3.1 In 1942, actress Ilka Chase, who had just written her autobiography, "Past Imperfect,'' received this barb from an actor: "I thought your book was wonderful. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. By the way, who wrote it for you?'' Chase replied, "I'm so glad you liked it. By the way, who read it to you?''
4.1 However, by far the most famous quotations attributed to her are taken from alleged exchanges between her and Winston Churchill, though, like the statements above, these are not well documented and may be misattributed. Examples include an instance in which Churchill is supposed to have told Lady Astor that having a woman in Parliament was like having one intrude on him in the bathroom, to which she retorted, "You’re not handsome enough to have such fears." Lady Astor is also said to have responded to a question from Churchill about what disguise he should wear to a masquerade ball by saying, "Why don't you come sober, Prime Minister?" Possibly the most famous of all such anecdotes reports that Lady Astor said to Churchill, "If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea," to which he responded, "Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!" The retort is variously attributed, but is apparently actually due to Churchill's great friend F. E. Smith, Lord Birkenhead.
4.2 Nancy Astor was an American socialite who married into an English branch of the wealthy Astor family (she holds the distinction of being the first woman to be seated in Parliament). At a 1912 dinner party in Blenheim Palace—the Churchill family estate—Lady Astor became annoyed at an inebriated Winston Churchill, who was pontificating on some topic. Unable to take any more, she finally blurted out, "Winston, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your coffee." Without missing a beat, Churchill replied, “Nancy, if you were my wife, I'd drink it.”
居然多到放不下了……
5.1 ABRAHAM LINCOLN was a paradoxical figure to the many artists who portrayed him. He felt ignorant about art, admitted to having an “unpracticed eye,” and he was given to publicly mocking his appearance. Once accused during a debate with Stephen Douglas of being two-faced, Lincoln is said to have replied, "If I had another face, do you think I’d wear this one?"
5.2 In 1860, Abraham Lincoln wrote, “In [my] tenth year, [I] was kicked by a horse and apparently killed for a time.”[1]
There is no clinical proof that the injury had any lasting effects, but for whatever reason, Lincoln’s face was different than most. When accused of being two-faced, Lincoln replied: "If I had another face, do you think I would wear this one?"
7.1 One day, she arrived at the Algonquin Hotel wearing a suit that was very similar to one that the English actor No?l Coward was wearing. Ferber and Coward were friends (she once described him as her favorite theater companion) and Coward saw an opportunity to engage in a bit of playful badinage with one of his favorite people. Carefully looking her over, he observed, "Edna, you look almost like a man." Ferber looked Coward over in a similar manner and came back with a classic riposte, "So do you."
8.1 Winston Churchill makes this list again. In his early career, he was at a meeting and another member was giving a long-winded speech. Churchill began to close his eyes and fall asleep. At the sight of this, the member became visibly angry and shouted: “Mr. Churchill, must you fall asleep while I’m speaking?”
Instead of making attempts at an apology or a cover-up, Churchill simply replied, "No, it’s purely voluntary."
9.1 In a profession noted for windbags, the 30th U. S. President Calvin Coolidge was a politician of very few words, well deserving the nickname, "Silent Cal" (he once said, "I've never been hurt by something I didn't say"). Coolidge's taciturn style frustrated the many people around him who felt a man of his stature should be more talkative. At a White House dinner one evening, a female guest sidled up to the President and whispered in his ear, "You must talk to me, Mr. President. I made a bet today that I could get more than two words out of you." Coolidge whispered back, "You lose."
╮(╯▽╰)╭这是被我吓跑了咩?
╮(╯▽╰)╭这是被我吓跑了咩?...
你一半真相了,我其实翻译的时候已经看了小故事了,但只看了几个的~~
你一半真相了,我其实翻译的时候已经看了小故事了,但只看了几个的~~...
嘛……反正我在找的时候已经都看过一遍了,然后看完才发现有的话说得是真精彩啊
嘛……反正我在找的时候已经都看过一遍了,然后看完才发现有的话说得是真精彩啊...
我今晚回去看看
PS:话说这两天都是秒回的速度╮(╯▽╰)╭
我今晚回去看看PS:话说这两天都是秒回的速度╮(╯▽╰)╭...
最近电量低……
Q: What are the best comebacks when s...
首先人名要补全,这个我就不帮你补了哈,小故事里面已经都给出来了~说点翻译上的:
Here are some of the best comebacks I have read in the history …
下面是我读过的一些历史上很绝妙的反驳。
Diplomat,外交官。使节好像略久远……
You black your own boots?
其实我觉得单纯翻译的话,翻成“你自己擦皮鞋啊?”就好,不过为了对应林肯的回复,我翻译成了“你给自己擦皮鞋啊?” - “是啊,那你给谁擦皮鞋呢?”
Sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or of the pox.
真不知道你是会死于绞刑还是瘟疫。感觉尽量简短一点吧,你觉不觉得,不管是侮辱还是反击,话太长气势都会弱掉。
另外,后面英文用embrace是一词多义,翻译的时候还是要分开。信奉你的准则,还是抱着你的情妇?
Nancy, if you were my wife, I’d drink it.
我有看到翻译成甘之如饴的,这边还是表示愿意,但不一定是速度什么的,如果你是我老婆,那就算有毒我也会喝的。不过喝之前可以调戏一下?【哔——
I leave it to my audience. If I had another face, do you think I would wear this one?
这个故事的背景是别人批评林肯虚伪,是个两面派。另外,林肯十岁的时候被马踢过,脸和大多数人长得都不太一样,简单的说就是有点丑啦~这里就是借自己的容貌反驳别人的话,“我让大家来说说,如果我还有张脸,你觉得我还会用这张吗?”
看到一个翻译版本,“如果我有两张脸,你觉得为什么我现在脸是这样?”
Anonymous Singer,这里anonymous指已经无法确定这个歌手是谁了,而不是匿名
You look almost like a man.
这个故事的背景是Ferber穿了一套女式西装,据其中一个故事说,这套衣服和Coward的很像,他俩其实是朋友,科沃德就觉得机会难得,调侃了她一句,“你看起来真像个男的”,于是Ferber说,“你也是啊”。
Mr. Churchill, must you fall asleep while I’m speaking?
这句话反驳的重点在must,“丘吉尔先生,你一定要在我讲话的时候睡着吗?”“不,这纯粹是自愿的。”or“这是纯自愿的。”
Mr. Coolidge, I've made a bet against a fellow who said it was impossible to get more than two words out of you.
人家是位女士,那个时候出席重大场合是会很注意用语细节的,fellow当然可以说是小伙伴,但我觉得这里翻译成朋友就可以了,“我和朋友打了个赌,他说你不可能对我说超过两个字。”
回答的话,说“你输”好像不太对,如果只是说“输了”呢?
总的来说吧,这些都是在对话中出现的绝妙反驳,说话再注意,很多地方也是口语,翻译的时候可以注意下口语化,最重要的是,你可以想想如果是自己说这句话,你会怎么说?
首先人名要补全,这个我就不帮你补了哈,小故事里面已经都给出来了~说点翻译上的:...
翻译方式不一样吧。
外交使节貌似只是一种官职称呼,现在仍然使用额。
①国内外交部的官员,如外交部长以下的各种官员,掌管一国对外关系方面的各种事务。
②本国派驻外国的外交人员,如大使、公使、代办、参赞、秘书以及武官、商务代表等。
有时外交官单指后者。外交官在驻在国享有外交特权和优遇。
能和总统这么谈话的估计翻译成使节更好一些,
或者说两者其实都可以使用,只是你的语感习惯问题。
这里我更倾向于我的翻译,因为这种情况,他以一种难以置信却又讽刺的语气,
在强调着“你确定你在擦你的皮鞋?”
embrace同意。第一个长短的问题,我的理解是,你看看这位贵族以一种高姿态讽刺地询问着,
不是那种慢慢的看似弱弱的更有不屑的意味在里面吗?
脑补一下:贵族欣赏着自己刚打磨完的指甲,曼斯条理不屑地说……
南希是位女权主义者,调戏下不太好吧,而且我在“老婆、老公”和“妻子、丈夫”
之间犹豫了半天,最终还是想保持他的略幽默有不失范儿的形象。
竟然没读出神马差别,言语能力严重退化了,囧rz……
同意,某歌手。
好心的帮我翻译了故事,我又看了一遍,当你确定你毒舌不过损友时,
千万不要自讨没趣,要找更弱的去发挥你毒舌的本领╮(╯▽╰)╭
不知道是White House dinner额。
但是不是耳语么?整句的语气都挺轻松的,“家伙”真得不成么?
“输了”没有主语指向不明啊!“你输了”必须加“了”表结果额,目前无解╮(╯▽╰)╭
翻译方式不一样吧。外交使节貌似只是一种官职称呼,现在仍然使用额。①国内外...
2.根据柯林斯,A diplomat is a senior official who discusses affairs with another country on behalf of his or her own country, usually working as a member of an embassy.
嗯……可能我还是比较习惯外交官,如果说使节的话,脑子里面突然跑出了文成公主什么什么的怎么破?
3.找出来的故事流传版本很多,比如列出来的两个,一个是“你为什么自己擦鞋子”,一个是“有身份的人是不会自己擦鞋子的”,加上给字是和林肯的回复对应。
说起来为什么我今天再看就觉得你那样也挺好??
4.长度的问题,嗯,如果长,一定是有铺垫,后面的某个地方会是点睛之笔,让人发现中了埋伏这样,慢悠悠看似弱弱的,如果功力不好很容易变成作还有真的就弱掉了……(好像从翻译上升到了奇怪的层次)
5.我没让你真的翻译成老婆,捂脸,痞气上身了一下,请无视……如果真是自己老婆,牵牵小手也没啥吧?我统称为调戏……
6.啊,这个我就是解释了一下两张脸和用脸反驳的原因……你不是懒得读么……
其实有好几个地方,我改是因为觉得读着不太顺口……(而且好像今天看和昨天看的感觉很不一样啊)
翻译方式不一样吧。外交使节貌似只是一种官职称呼,现在仍然使用额。①国内外...
如果回答“是吗”呢?也是两个字哎!
2.根据柯林斯,A diplomat is a senior official...
2.其实林肯那时候对应的是中国清朝,使节比较正宗,
但我们是现代人,这个听不惯,就用外交官吧。
其实我能说最高等级的外交官就叫做“大使”么,有没有觉得高大上了?
3.4.5.6昨天在吵架,今天被表白,就是酱紫~~╮(╯▽╰)╭
PS:其实6那条对应的是8,你翻译并概括了全段,谁说我懒╭(╯^╰)╮
如果回答“是吗”呢?也是两个字哎!...
额,我觉得你已经在为“you lose”难受了好久……
是咩?哎呦!呵呵!
这个帖子太久没有人回复啦,你还是开个新帖吧
Really delete this post?
您的电脑上安装了某些视频广告拦截软件,这会导致无法提交学习数据。
您可以退出相应软件后刷新网页继续学习。