英语四级六级阅读练习(16):为什么缺少睡眠

导读:2011年全国大学英语上半年四六级考试,6月18日正式拉开帷幕。凤凰网教育频道将为大家提供四六级最新资讯、四六级真题及详解,敬请关注!
考试日程表
大学英语四级考试流程
·8:50--9:00 试音时间
·9:00--9:10 发放作文考卷
·9:35 发放含有快速阅读的试题册
·9:40--9:55 做快速阅读
·9:55--10:00 收答题卡一(即作文和快速阅读)
·10:00 开始听力考试 电台开始放音
·听力结束后完成剩余考项。
·11:20 全部考试结束
大学英语六级考试流程
·14:50--15:00 试音寻台时间
·15:00--15:10 发放作文考卷
·15:35 发放含有快速阅读试题册
·15:40--15:55 做快速阅读部分
·15:55--16:00 收答题卡一(即作文和快速阅读)
·16:00 开始听力考试 电台开始放音
·听力结束后完成剩余考项。
·17:20 全部考试结束
大学英语四六级考试,遭遇疯狂的作弊、泄题现象,并且屡禁不止,究竟是何原因?[]
2.你认为这次四六级考试难度如何?
不好说/不知道
正在加载中...
公开叫卖四六级答案 五步作弊法有详解
2011年四六级真题及解析[考试结束后第一时间公布]
阅读选词填空
考前冲刺常见问题20问
 常见问题
 解决办法
 常见问题
 解决办法
 只能跳过一些题,有选择性的做
 阅读时遇到不会记不起的单词都标注出来
 时间很紧的同学就集中攻克真题
 将真题分类,先单项练习,后做整套真题
 听课最重要体会思路和方法,而不是答案
 快速阅读的精髓是忽略那些多余的信息
 需要注意语段中的关键词汇,层次分辨
 边听边浏览,听到和看到的一致就可答题
 反复的听,让这些材料不断地在你耳边重复
 认真做题,及时地总结,保证不犯相同错误
 把近三年范文看看,看结构,然后自己写写
 历年真题:通过考试人手一套
 主要是时态、语态、虚拟语气、非谓语动词
 多做一些篇章的听写训练
 听得多了,自然就不会紧张了
 注意语段材料的时效性,时效性强值得练习
 明确定位词,快速找重现,简单化求解
 综合是以考察完型为主的,鲜考改错
 模糊化及用上义词表达
 注意抓关键词,因为这些关键词是得分点
四六级过关宝典
做真题可以达到巩固知识、练习题型的目的,如果做题时和考场上一样限定时间,效果也不错。对于改错题和“汉译英”,则可以找一些正规出版社出版、时间较近的参考书、题册进行专项练习。[]
作文对许多考生来说是块难啃的“硬骨头”。不过,只要勤加练习,写出一篇及格的文章并不很难。四级考试要求,30分钟120个词左右,体裁有议论文、说明文、应用文。议论文、应用文的可能性比较大。无论哪种文体,都应做到“一个切题,三个避免”。
听对话的时候要注重技巧,要听对话中的“信号词”(keywords)。举例说,如果听到stamp这个词,出提问地点时答案可能就是“邮局”,问关系则可能是“邮局工作人员和客户的关系”。如果听到medicine,对话则很可能发生在药店或医院。[]
阅读理解部分考查考生多方面的能力,包括词汇、语法、阅读等,更看重考查考生的综合能力。新题型中,阅读理解部分的分值减少,题型变化,更符合教学大纲的要求。“语篇分析”是一种比较难的能力测试,对一个词的理解要放在整篇文章中去。 []
翻译题重点考察考生对语法结构及常用英语表达习惯的掌握情况。和作文相比,翻译虽只是个把句子,但来路不明难以猜测。根据近几年的翻译真题来看,针对某项语法重复考察率比较高,所以对曾经考察过的语法点依然不可松懈。[]
备选话题1:大学生不健康的生活习惯 Direction: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay on the topic Unhealthy Habits of College Students. You should write at least 120 words.[]
英语四级听力的A部分试题中,有很多都直接来自托福(TOEFL)听力A部分,还有部分是托福听力试题改编的。托福考试的目的就是检测非英语国家学生是否到美国接受高等教育的语言能力,其中听力的测试范围主要是大学校园生活(campus life)。[]
快速阅读要求考生在15分钟内完成一篇1100字左右的文章和后面的10道题,有判断正误和填空题。填空题是根据阅读的理解,填三到四个单词。快速阅读只要求考生对题目所提到的信息在原文中能够找到即可,只是有时需要简单的同义词替换。[]
06/17 15:39
06/17 10:59
06/17 10:57
06/17 10:55
06/17 10:51
06/17 09:36
06/19 11:49
06/19 11:43
06/18 16:21
06/18 16:19
06/18 16:18
06/18 16:17
06/17 14:17
06/15 10:42
06/15 10:42
06/14 15:02
06/14 09:29
05/12 16:02
所有评论仅代表网友意见,凤凰网保持中立 
出品,欢迎收藏。
编辑:臧文娟|||||||||||
您的位置: >
普特英语听力 Copyright , All Rights Reserved &&
手机网站 扫码触屏英语四级六级阅读练习(16):别再外化你的生活_中大网校
>> >> 正文
英语四级六级阅读练习(16):别再外化你的生活
发表时间:日15:15 来源:中大网校
点击关注微信:
英语四级六级阅读练习(16):别再外化你的生活
【今日阅读推荐】本篇阅读材料&别再外化你的生活&选自jshakespeare博客(原文标题:Stop externalising your life )。
Recently the Barbican museum in London held an exhibition called the Rain Room. It was an installation in which water poured from the ceiling, but sensors detected where people were standing and would turn off the taps above their heads so they didn&t get wet. It was a clever and engaging piece of interactive art and was immensely popular. During the time this installation was open, my Twitter stream was filled with photos of people standing in the Rain Room, accompanied by the caption &Rain Room @ The Barbican!& and a location attachment to prove that they were indeed in the Rain Room.
This stream of homogenous photos got me thinking. What were people actually saying by Tweeting about their visit? They certainly weren&t sharing some hidden gem with their followers, nor were they bringing a unique interpretation of the artwork to the table. Ultimately, all they were doing was fulfilling the obligation that we have to Share. Not sharing in the sense of treasuring a moment with people close to us, but Sharing in the sense of &notify the world that I am doing a thing&.
I&ve just spent a month in Singapore. Throughout the first couple of weeks I felt a constant nagging that everyone back home had to know what was going on. I felt like I should be photographing everything I that all the exotic food I was eating and the sights I was seeing wouldn&t really matter if they weren&t digitally logged in a data centre somewhere in Utah. I found myself taking pictures purely to convey what an amazing time I was having, so that my friends would see it on their smartphones whilst riding the bus back in London and be impressed.
It&s natural to want to share experiences with the people you care about. After all, the classic postcard greeting is &Wish you were here&. But I think our reasons for sharing experiences on social media are more cynical than that. It&s not sharing, it&s bragging. When we log in to Facebook or Twitter we see an infinitely updating stream of people enjoying themselves. It&s not real life, of course, because people overwhelmingly post about the good things whereas all the crappy, dull or deep stuff doesn&t get mentioned. But despite this obvious superficiality, it subconsciously makes us feel like everyone is having a better time than us. We try to compete by curating our own life experiences to make it look like we&re also having non-stop fun and doing important things. It breeds in us a Pavlovian response that means every time something good is happening to us we must broadcast it to as many people as possible.
There are plenty of &Facebook is bad for you because X& posts, but I&m talking about a mindset that goes beyond any single web service. This is the curse of our age. We walk around with the tools to capture extensive data about our surroundings and transmit them in real-time to the bedrooms and pockets of friends, family and every acquaintance we&ve made in the past eight years. We end up with a diminished perception of reality because we&re more concerned about choosing a good Instagram filter for our meal than we are about how it tastes. We become Martian rovers, trundling around our environment, uploading data without the ability or desire to make any sense of it. Ultimately, we end up externalising our entire lives.
I don&t think that it&s inherently wrong to want to keep the world updated about what you&re doing. But when you go through life robotically posting about everything you do, you&re not a human being. You&re just a prism that takes bits of light and sound and channels them into The Cloud, to be stored with all the other bits of light and sound from everyone else. You become nothing more than the thumb operating your smartphone.
The key thing to remember is that you are not enriching your experiences by you&re detracting from them because all your efforts are focused on making them look attractive to other people. Your experience of something, even if similar to the experience of many others, is unique and cannot be reproduced within the constraints of social media. So internalise that experience instead. Think about it. Go home and think about it some more. Write about it in more than 140 on paper even. Paint a picture of it. Talk about it face to face with your friends. Talk about how it made you feel.
Once you stop seeing things through the eyes of the people following you on Twitter or Facebook or Instagram you become able to make experiences your own. You can relieve yourself of the burden of having to make everyone aware of what you&re doing at all times. You can make your experiences significant because you were there and you saw the sights and smelled the smells and heard the sounds, not because you snapped a photo of it through a half-inch camera lens built into your phone.
【重点单词及短语】
ceiling n. 天花板
sensor n. 传感器
homogenous a. 同质的;同类的
nag v. 唠叨
whilst conj. 同时;当&&的时候
cynical a. 冷嘲的;愤世嫉俗的
brag n.& v. 吹牛;自夸
superficiality n. 肤浅;表面性事物
mindset n. 心态;习惯;精神状态
Martian rover 火星漫游者
externalise v. 外化;使形象化
detract v. 转移;使分心
【Question Time】
文章读完了吗?来做做下面的简答题吧&&&
1. According to the author, why do people enjoy sharing experiences on social media all day long?
2. How to enrich our experiences and make them significant?
(责任编辑:中大网校)
共2页,当前第1页&&&&&&英语四级六级阅读练习(6):为什么高智商的孩子更易吸毒_中大网校
>> >> 正文
英语四级六级阅读练习(6):为什么高智商的孩子更易吸毒
发表时间:日15:14 来源:中大网校
点击关注微信:
英语四级六级阅读练习(6):为什么高智商的孩子更易吸毒
熟悉四六级阅读理解题型的同学应该都了解,英语四六级考试阅读理解材料大多选自《时代》《卫报》《科学美国人》等外刊。要想阅读理解这部分拿到高分,必须在平常多阅读,掌握新词汇,锻炼阅读速度。
本篇阅读材料&为什么高智商的人更易吸毒&选自《时代》(原文标题:Why Kids With High IQs Are More Likely to Take Drugs? ),如果大家觉得比较简单,就当作泛读材料了解了解,认识几个新单词或新表达方式也不错。如果大家觉得这些材料理解上有难度,不妨当做挑战自己的拔高训练,希望大家都有进步^^
People with high IQs are more likely to smoke marijuana and take other illegal drugs, compared with those who score lower on intelligence tests, according to a new study from the U.K.
&It's counterintuitive,& says lead author James White of the Center for the Development and Evaluation of Complex Interventions for Public Health Improvement at Cardiff University in Wales. &It's not what we thought we would find.&
counterintuitive adj. 违反直觉的
The research was based on interviews with some 7,900 British people born in early April 1970. Researchers measured the participants IQs at ages 5 and 10, then followed up with them at ages 16 and 30, asking about symptoms of psychological distress and drug use as part of a larger survey.
At age 30, about 35% of men and 16% of women said they had smoked marijuana at least once
over the same time period, 9% of men and 4% of women said they had taken cocaine. Previous-year drug users tended to have scored higher on IQ tests than non-users.
The IQ effect was larger in women: women in the top third of the IQ range at age 5 were more than twice as likely to have taken marijuana or cocaine by age 30, compared with those scoring in the bottom third. The men with the highest IQs were nearly 50% more likely to have taken amphetamines and 65% more likely to have taken ecstasy, compared to those with lower scores.
And these results held even when researchers controlled for factors like socioeconomic status and psychological distress, which are also correlated with rates of drug use.
correlate n. 有相互关系的东西,相关物 v. 1. [T]使有相互关系,使相互关联 2. [I]互相有关系 adj. 相关的,关连的
So why might smarter kids be more likely to try drugs? &People with high IQs are more likely to score high on personality scales of openness to experience,& says White. &They may be more willing to experiment and seek out novel experiences.&
Another factor could be that the messages used to attempt to deter teens from drug use & particularly during the 1980s in the U.K. when the study group was in adolescence & weren't exactly known for the subtlety of their reasoning, so they may not have targeted the smarter group well.
deter v. 制止;阻止
&What you typically find is that people with high IQs are less likely to smoke , more likely to be active and to have a good diet,& says White, noting that they are also likely to have high socioeconomic status. People in this group tend to make healthy choices, based both on health information and their own experience.
socioeconomic status& 社会经济地位;社会经济状况
This group isn't likely to see occasional drug use as particularly harmful, White says, both because there is little data to suggest great risk of harm from such use and because evidence of harm is rare among their peers. &With smoking, the evidence is overwhelming,& says White, &whereas when you look at things like cannabis use, since they are more likely to associate with people who are similar to them, they are likely to see that smoking cannabis relatively infrequently doesn't have huge impact.&
whereas conj. (用以比较或对比两个事实)但是,然而,尽管
In contrast, drug users with less education and wealth are more likely to be exposed to negative consequences of drug use. This is due in part to the fact that money itself can buy protection against the types of criminal involvement and disease that can affect poor drug users.
be exposed to& 曝光;面临;遭受
&The likely mechanism is openness to experience,& White concludes, &and, I think, it's also this idea of having an educated view of risk as well.& (Of course, American views about what consists of an &educated& perspective on drug risks have often clashed with those of the more relaxed position typically taken in Europe.)
The study didn't look at the risk of addiction among those with high IQs because it wasn't able to measure the frequency of drug use in participants. However, earlier research has found a connection between high IQ and greater risk of alcohol abuse and dependence.
That could potentially be linked to the boredom and social isolation experienced by many gifted children, the authors note. But since a link between IQ and drug use remains independent of psychological distress, that can't be all that's going on. &It rules out the argument that the only reason people take illegal drugs is to self medicate,& says White.
boredom n. 1.[U]厌烦,厌倦 2.[C]令人厌烦的事物
rule out 排除;取消;划去
Question time:
1. What might be the factors that result in smarter kids' trying drugs?
2. Why drug users with less education and wealth are more likely to be exposed to negative consequences of drug use?
(责任编辑:中大网校)
共2页,当前第1页&&&&&&&&&&(2013)星火英语&大学英语四级考试阅读周计划
自营订单满39元(含)免运费
不足金额订单收取运费5元起
邀请好友参加吧
版 次:1页 数:字 数:印刷时间:日开 本:大32开纸 张:胶版纸包 装:平装是否套装:否国际标准书号ISBN:6所属分类:&&&&&&&&&
下载免费当当读书APP
下载当当读书APP,免费阅读万本电子书。
本商品暂无详情。
当当价:为商品的销售价,具体的成交价可能因会员使用优惠券、积分等发生变化,最终以订单结算页价格为准。
划线价:划线价格可能是图书封底定价、商品吊牌价、品牌专柜价或由品牌供应商提供的正品零售价(如厂商指导价、建议零售价等)或该商品曾经展示过的销售价等,由于地区、时间的差异化和市场行情波动,商品吊牌价、品牌专柜价等可能会与您购物时展示的不一致,该价格仅供您参考。
折扣:折扣指在划线价(图书定价、商品吊牌价、品牌专柜价、厂商指导价等)某一价格基础上计算出的优惠比例或优惠金额。如有疑问,您可在购买前联系客服咨询。
异常问题:如您发现活动商品销售价或促销信息有异常,请立即联系我们补正,以便您能顺利购物。
当当购物客户端手机端1元秒
当当读书客户端万本电子书免费读}

我要回帖

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信