be tween love andmake love good byee

Live Love And Laugh : I Like Creative Writing Story & Experience
This browser is out of date and will not support some of this site's functionality. For better site performance, please update your browser to the newest version:
Live Love And Laugh
At the age of 30, a lot of things are happening in my life...it's always like a bit of shock for me. I had an almost perfect relationship..a kind of relationship which can almost be considered as near to perfection. at this age I got engaged to a guy who&has a good job, he is very responsible, he gives me everything I need before I could ask for it, he cares for me, he cooks for me, he makes me feel so secured and never gave any reason to be jealous of any other women.. he is not much of an outgoing person..he loves gardening, doing things at home.needless to say- name it all he knows the carpentry, the plumbing, the elctrical, mechanical work..I was impressed- &he provides for everything... so nice of him... he does everything...the cooking, the cleaning and all..though I am helping him but he doesnt oblige me at all..my friends saw it all and they envied me..&but one thing is there ...he doesnt believe in God.he believes he doesnt need to be thankful of everything because he worked hard for what he got. and as a Christian I am not happy about it. but I didnt force him.
I thought I was happy beacus eventhough he is not much kind of an outgoing person like me who loves to go out and walk in the beach,, and relax ..sip a cup of coffe and have some strawberry cheesecake &in starbucks and enjoy the blue skies, watch the birds fly during the weekend..he doesnt like it- I tried to understandbecause the nature of his job is tiring...but what if I cannot even play music because it bothers him? what if ..I cannot even buy the little stuff taht I like when we go out in the store as he would always say...hmm.. you dont need that... well I felt suffocated..though he is not that bad we go out sometime...we eat dinner and nothing much to do...unless during holidays..we go out of the country and go places...visit the temples, museum, name it all... but why it seems something is missing? He is good in bed I cannot ask for more..but he has a bad temper..he is a kind of person who finds it hard to smile early in the morning and you can seldom hear to laugh ...a kind of person who always talks about politics..business, stocks exchange...all about how to make money...he loves to tell& Little Johny jokes and I enjoy it..but its always according to his moods. Sometimes we we drive around for an hour we are not talking about us but talking only some general issues like cars...traffic , economic status..gosh! I am turned off.
What a beautiful ring! a 1 carat diamond ring for an engagement..but why I am not happy? I was not happy because that ring made me cry..before he decided to go for it ..theres been a lot of issues..and I never forced him..for that. during the processing of the papers is like I am the one whos been working hard for it..and did not cooperate with me..I&have &to discuss why this and that is needed...does it look like Im so desperate to get married? for good ness sake..I dont after your american flag...I after my happiness. Isnt it ..the time you are getting married soon..is the time to be happy and excited and not fighting over petty things...but after sometime I got tired and asked him if is it me he really wanted..if he is sure of what he is doing. One day- he mentioned..his ex- chatmate. girlfriend on line had cpoken to her and he came to know she has a cancer..and is not really feeling well. and they had a converstation. She asked him if he still likes her and he answered yes I still like you..WHat? !!! so why are you not with her? why are you with me? is it because she is sooo rich an you cant level up with her family? I felt bad that time and I asked him. Why cant you not be with her? and he said because he has his own life in US and he cannot cross country and leave everything for her. and is it the reason why you are with me? because I am the one who is available? what a sorry state. I felt bad but I just kept it and I cried. When the time we where about to sign for the marriage , on our way to the court I prayed hard to the Lord, to please&guide me to the right thing. If this marriage is not right dont let it happen. and were there in the court but&what is it? to my surprise everything was almost done but suddenly the minister didnt approve it due to some reasons. I&was amazed.,,to my disbelief I dint feel disappointed..but rather relieved. I wondered why&and I know things happened for a reason.
After sometime, we were thinking of just&going home to Philipppines to do it so it would be easier.. but few days we were not talking to each other..there was this friction already..with the fact that I knew about that other girl hes been cahtting with I am already hurting inside with the thought that he is with me but maybe I am not the one he really loved.. Womens instinct pushed me to check his laptop bags and soemthing is telling me to check his USB stick and to my astonishment the pictures of that lady&is right in my&very eyes! wow! it feels like a lightning had just strucked me into& half. its like the heaven had just fallen down to me and I felt breathless.. a kind of pain I cannot explain. and oh...its not enough I checked the laptop and&he logs in facebook for her&and set up an account for her.. so intimate. I never shared any of my passwords to anybody except with him and now this girl is sharing her password with him too! I felt betrayed. the hole night I wasnt able to sleep I was just crying.. I have had enough..I didnt tell him nor confront him..I just left. I was waiting after sometime he woulf call me ...I was stupid..sometime I sent him an email..pretending I didnt know anything ..asking him whats wrong why we had some gaps..and he is not calling but he was adamant..and okay I&acted stupid&again..I called him but he cancelled my call..ok fine so this is it.. I just wanted to make sure I will have no regrets when I turned my back. So I sent him a n email to tell him that I&have seen the&photos of that girl and& that I knew he is logging in for her..and I told him good luck and good bye...and that time he got panicked he never thought I discovered about it.. he called me in the&office, but I didnt talk to him.&Its over. I felt so much pain with such a betrayal.&and he dint bother to&call me again.
After&sometime&there was this guy..my friend upon knowing that&I am broken hearted..wants me to set for a date and I kept on refusing..I am not yet ready and I already have a negative thoughts about relationship..I want to be with myself for sometime...several times my friend had set me to meet this guy but I kept on telling her I cannot, why not just let my cousin to meet with this guy she is&beautiful he might like him...but my friend is so smart..one nigh she cunningly lured me to attend a party..I&was having a meeting that niight and a bit tired..and I declined her invitaion but shes been really persistent to& the point that&she parked her car down my office and waited for me to finish my meeting. She told me we wont stay long&at the party she just need somebody to accompany her..and I already had a doubt with her persistence.I asked her, "are& you sure this guy you wanted me to meet is not there? " and she smiled and told me no he&is not there..he is still in Germany for a conference. andI said&ok - I beleieved in you. You are my friend , though I am in a&semi business attire I just went out with her and didnt bother to change or re-touch at all. I didnt care how I looked, hahahhaa..
but what a surprise! when we were at the door sudenly she&was apologizing telling me she is sorry that she lied...this guy is there at the party - I wanted to back out but&it was too late the door opened - and I was amazed first time in my life I& dont know what to do.&He looked&at me and I looked at him...it seems I already know thatv he is that guy they intend to introduce to me... I got panicked and didnt know what to say... I just kept on saying hello...hi..how are yous..to thos people around. He just lookes at me and I looked at him..I felt embarassed, after&we were introduced I sat at the few distance&away from him.. I kept on scolding my friend for&what she had done. I was caught off guarded, but nevertheless I managed&to get back my composure and managed to eat some food.. and enjoyed&some conversation with others .&The night was late and everybody is going home... my feet was hurting and I got some cramps wearing high heels and now I cannot walk..so I sat on a sofa and he smiled at me..I smiled at him... his friends were teasing him.. I&felt shy&but I ignored it. they ve been pushing us to talk..&quietly I applied some pain killers on my foot and it felt better,,,then he asked me whats that smell ? then the conversation started..his&lady friends were teasing him ..asking me to sit closer ..I felt embarassed but somehow I just managed myself to carry out some conversation not to offend him. At the back of my mind I am thinking ..yeah he is cute and looks like needs to be loved and cared for&but what if it will be another heartbreak? I am not yet ready to take the risk. But what is it? a studpid feeling? some kind of butterflies in my stomach! oh no..I have to ignore it. but his friend a
sked for my number and I was only ready to give me email but&was not able to refuse his persistence
That evening me and my friend went home and everybody was kissing good night..he kissed my&hair instead of my cheeks ..gently.and bid good bye..he sat off with his porcshe cayenne turbo..yeah hes&got a&good job and a&high social status ..and I am not into it..
I am an average girl. So what makes me think he would take me seriously or might just be another flavor of the month? I must be dreaming!
When me and my friend were in the car..I was screaming out of nowhere..I&just felt amazed... I felt crazy and excited for something I dont know..maybe&its like&how you feel when you are starstrucked? yeah he is cute,,good built ..a picture of a debonair gentleman, intelligent and tall.
Before I could close my eyes for a good night sleep I received a text message, yes he sent me a good nigt message saying it was a pleasure meeting me..he wanted to see me again.. whoaa! what a nice feelling I felt like a teenager! is it right? well whatever..I just slept smiling that night ..
I fall asleep with my friend beside me giggling , she`s really crazy.
What a beautiful morning to wake up with another nice message from him..hmm..he is going to Dubai for a conference for three days..and not an hour that we are not exchanging messages..maybe for the whole day we are exchanging text messages.. something crazy I never did before.
When the plane landed he texted me, when he&is a bout to sleep he texted me good night ...oh..is it for real? When he came back we didntv see each other yet...we dint have&our first date..he went to attend a party with the brits and the&thai girls were& there and I knew it..and I told myself..thats good atleast he can have a&wide array of selection..I dont expect to be his girlfirend.. anyway..maybe he just want me for a friend..though evrybody is saying he is looking for a serious relatioship. Well the next&morning he called me to meet up with me so I guess he did ot find someone interesting that night.&
Well I went out with him , I am always cautious&during the first date. I would know&what a guy afters from me immediately. He brought me to his friends` house-&and introduced me.I was happy to meet them..we had&our lunch there..later he&invited me to go to his house so he can change for the eveing as we are going to the hotel so enjoy the band-&we went to his house I was waiting he&would&kiss me or push me to bed and that will be the end of story..but&i was disappointed because he never hugged me nor kiss me at all... he seemed to be a gentleman ok? what he&wants from me then? well I was happy.
When were at&seated at the hotel..the attraction between us was&so strong.hes been kissing my cheeks and caressing my back and It seems hard to resist weve been laughing with his friens..and talking and just enjoying the night and he dropped me to my flat.and thats it.
It goes that way for sometime..my ex-boyfriend after a month of silence..was back to the picture..sending me emails how much he loved me..asking for forgiveness , calling me at work, and it caused a turmoil on me. sometime i felt confused.&I have almost 2 years with him and with this guy I am dating I only have tqo weeks time spent knowing him..what I have to do? after sometime he went&for a short holiday in UK and he kept on texting me..telling me how much he misses me..letting his friends know about me, showing my&photos to her mom.. It sounded good to me.
I have this bad attitude of having a very big patience, I would stretch it up to the limits and try my best hard, and when I am sure I did my best and that was it I quit and&never look back.. when I see there is not much left to look back..and thats what happened to&my Ex-Boyfriend. I gave the diamong ring back ,,I already had so much pain I can bear with it and just forget and though It hurt I decided to move on.. he cried and asked&for&another chance but my trust has been broken and was hard for me, and there is this other guy whom I felt some chemistry we do similar things same interest.
To cut the story short I am now having a relationship with this special guy for 6 months time, hes been sweet and caring sometimes he scares me when he&talks sweet words I am scared to believe him, because some guys are just good in&talking but no actions, but I am giving him a chance to see&if there is any truth in his tongue, time will tell. As of the moment he is&sweet and caring. But sometimes he&has a tendency to change&as it seems he still has a lot of aspirations and dont know his priorities. but I&appreciate him for being caring to me. As of the moment he is happy with me I guess.
I hope he is not like other guys who is just good in the beginning, guys who cannot make the magic last, just like a rolling stone, jumping from one woman to anther woman and cannot keep a healthy relationship.
&This year was a tough one for me- but I am glad he`s been there with me. no relatiosnhip is perfect but life is neither perfect at all. Everyday is a new day, and a lot of changes happens everyday, evry time the sun rises is a new hope blossoming ..&giving us a chance to grow as a better person and to learn from our mistakes..the choice is ours wether to remain stagnat in life and be miserable or to move forward and be willing to compromise to do some changes to make life better and happier to live.
Yes my engagement with my ex- bf was broken my heart was broken, my father just died, but life goes on..God&never closes the door without openng a window..its up to us to&open our eyes and take the stride to&walk forward and&&look for the brighter horizon ahead.
Now another challenge is yet to begin I&am 4 weeks pregnant and marriage is out of the picture..but we are working things for the favor of the baby..it might sound&silly for others but I am keeping this baby.. no matter what. I am not so desperate for marriage if the only reason for&that is only because I am pregnant..its only because of the baby. not because the man you love wants to be with you because he chooses&to be with you.
Now nothing could be more exciting than to look forward for the most precious gift that I am about the receive, a little angel, might be a baby boy or a baby girl surely will be loved.
Sometimes life is a joke that we need to learn how to laugh, I might have a fake ring, a fake paper, everything might be fake, just to save my baby I am willing to take it,&I could have been thinking of myself it would be hurting me so much.. I know I don`t deserve a fake wedding ring for&my love was never fake, but that`s how life is sometimes.. One day I will just look back with all this things and I know I would smile and&congartulate myself..my baby will love me..for my courage..and my baby will be proud of me.
I am sure when the time comes, if he is not the one,&until such time if still he is not ready and maybe he dont feel I am good enough for him.. somebody will be there for me ..willing to love me unconditionally and will be willing to accept me as I am and commit with me.
I am sure I may not be the most beautiful woman in the world but I am unique and &I am a kind of woman who deserves nothing but the best because I always give my best when I love somebody.
&I live for the day, and throw my worries to the air, I wrote my heartaches in the sand&so the wind can just blow it away so easily.&
I thaked God for everything that happens in my life, surely everything has a reason. For now&I just want to Live Love and Laugh..
SEND TO A FRIEND:妮艶岸?肚癘篕璶╰?????变懂?(George Stott)?放?材???毙?
岸??ǎ靡ㄒ??
--(George Stott)
him, his remark was, ¨I do not see
those with two legs going, so I must.&
to the Jew first, and also to the
Greek.& ? Rom. i. i6.
to put in more permanent
form some of the incidents which many of us have heard with deepest interest
from her own lips in missionary meetings, or on more private occasions.
for in those times Wunchau
there, and seen how much he needed domestic help, and how handicapped he was in
the charge of his boys' boarding-school, before I had the pleasure of
(whom I had known in Glasgow) on her arrival in China, twenty-six years ago, to become his wife.
Mrs. Stott left, it was with special interest and pleasure that I snatched time
to read most of her manuscript. It is emphatically a story of work ? earnest,
persevering work which God has blessed: an unvarnished account, it brings out clearly the
lights and shades of missionary service.
Williams tells of the conversion of sixteen of the twenty-six girls in the boarding-school:
four of the children were
and several of the remaining
six ? the little ones of the school ? were seeking the Lord.
companion, visited Glasgow. and the terrible need of
workers there, there came a question that would be answered, ¨Why may not you
go to tell of a Saviour's love? &
who had bought me , then Sunday-school teaching. The
Lord had often also graciously used me to lead many an anxious soul into the light, but
up to this time I had never thought of mission work, never supposed I had any
call beyond my native city of Glasgow
Then, too, at that time I had never heard of a young
girl going to a heathen land ?
was it practicable? This latter question I decided to ask Mr. Taylor. He saw no reason
why I should not go, even though but twenty years of age, if called
of God, and if called, surely the fitness would be given by Him.
and Mr. Stott, whom I then met for the first time, sailed three weeks afterwards for China.
and knocked his knee against a stone. This simple
accident resulted in white swelling,
which, two years later, necessitated the amputation
of the left leg. For nine months he lay a
helpless invalid, and it was during
this time that the Lord graciously saved his soul. So far he had been
careless and indifferent to the love of God in Christ Jesus, but now, in his
helpless condition, and what seemed his ruined future, how precious that love
became! After his recovery he &began to teach in a school,
and had been thus employed several years.
him, his remark was, ¨I do not see
those with two legs going, so I must.& As I saw them slowly
sail out of the docks a great hope welled up in my heart that I should soon
follow, though at that time I little thought that my life and work would be
blended with his,
る⒈?ら搂?き硂????孽璟焊腹?ヒ狾?㏄?差察常≧ǐ????睝礚膁??撮?康狾?羘墩佩??ネ??癬ㄓ钩琌ぃ???ㄆ???も常佩?獶盽??斌?毕差?ゴ衡?肚毙?玥?み毛??拦紈ネр–???常克??筂?隔磃瞶???帝?祇谋拦紈ネ獶盽马繰?差?ǐ秈繺芔??羘驰弧????毕ネ︾?差?阀ぃ??蝴??筁ㄢ?牧翴???肚毙?霍佰?窾?結ホ簈????惠璶???み緍緋?и???玂?┦㏑?羘????帝瘆吊??碬羘?贺贺羘臫Ж馒?╣??纙ぇい?ㄏ?產礚猭宽帝?ボ???纗?表?竒≧ǐ????ぃ?礜?????Τ?帝?ㄇ绘爱?Ж帝爱筎┪?猳ㄓ?娜?╣?程瞨疨??ㄨ沧?筁????溃璸?Ω?ど????ㄌ礛???计????篊篊キヱ?ㄓ?琍戳ら??唉╈差р?孽璟焊腹?╈秈???硂看骸ō端勃?瘆?矪矪?差箉Θ??渤?杠肈?ま癬酵阶?砍届?拦紈ネ?官?稰谅??玂??瘤礛砛???㎝差?常骸ō凤端??⊿Τ赤ア?兵ネ㏑?┪?ч耞??癌繷??糶倒ガ娩ひ??獺い?嚎产ㄈ硂妓糶帝???狦ぃ琌??и?硂?痁??差??杠??孽璟焊腹?荡ぃ??キ?╄笷?????伐狠??挂い?拦紈ネ?镑玂?睲眶㎝马繰?τ㏄瞅ゑ?Τ竒喷??玱磓?ぃ?┮惫?
withdrew through the illness of her mother.
of Ning-po. He met with but
scant courtesy. For
three months he and Mr. Jackson, who had accompanied him from
Tai-chow All feared them, and no one would rent a house to the hated
foreigner. Again and again negotiations were almost complete, when the
money would be returned and the weary search begin
again. At last
a man of some influence, who had brought himself to despair by opium-smoking
and gambling, offered a house, and was bold enough to brave all the
consequences. Mr. Stott moved there as quietly as possible, but next
day the news had spread, and a large angry crowd assembled, determined to turn
him out. They battered in the gate, bent on mischief. Mr. Stott came out and
stood before them, and said, &You see I if I wanted to run if you let
me alone you
will find I shall do no harm; anyhow, I have come and mean to
stay.& They were taken aback by his quiet, strong words, and contenting
themselves by throwing a few stones they dispersed and left him in peace
A fair number attended, and
they seemed to have made a good start, when one day, going into the schoolroom,
he found the
teacher, but no boys. He asked the meaning of it all, and was told
that a report had spread abroad that he was inveigling, and their parents were
afraid to expose their children to such terrible dangers. No respectable person
would take the position of servant, and so weary months had to be passed alone,
in the midst of many dangers and discomforts, before confidence was fairly won.
alone, for from the time he
arrived in Wenchow, in November, 1867, until he left, in February, 1870, to
meet me, he had
never left the city for a single night., and they proved
disappointments in after years.
?–ぱΤ计κ??糥?瞅芠???????砰琩???琌チ丁秨﹍肚ē胔好?瓣???▅捆绑????龟玥竕琜炳??担??媚?ぇノ? all the
foreigners had been killed or driven out of the place, because it not known that we pretended to keep a school?
& &Was it not true that so many children were missing? & &Had not some seen barrels in which were
salted down babies? & &What was hard at Tien-tsin, was easy here, fo drive out
the pests and let the city be at rest.& Such were some of the expressions
of the placards.
For about three months I hardly dared venture out of the house, and my husband
was often met with stones and vile curses. For a few days there was
a stream of people looking in every conceivable place
one of the
school-boys was asked where the missing children were, and when he said it was
all nonsense and lies, they said he had eaten the foreign medicine and
would not tell. For a time my husba if he had been alone
he could have braved it, but the
responsibility of another life seemed to weigh upon him.
recovered consciousness my bed was surrounded on all sides by school- boys,
teachers, and servants who had come to wail
Hoping it might be only a faint, he hurried home and found me restored to
consciousness. I remember so well, when able to sit up a little, how I longed
for two things, either of which I thought would make me well ? the sight of one of
my countrywomen, or a little beef-tea, neither of which were within my reach.
for in the city of Wenchow we could neither get beef or
mutton, milk, potatoes, or butter.
Our Bible-readings seemed the most wearisome part of the day
to them, and they appeared to have no spiritual perception. For the first
few years, while the children were young, I did not feel the burden, perhaps,
as heavily as I but as years passed on I became almost desperate.
Many a time I have gone from the school to my room with literal tears, sobbing,
& Will these girls never be saved? & But in 1884 the Lord was
pleased to visit us with a very gracious revival.
.& ? Luke
xxii. 35. ?⊿Τ?砋?⊿Τ綾????ぶ?或⊿Τ????弧??⊿Τ??
Mr. Stott had been over eleven years in China, and his health
being good, he at first thought of sending me home while he remained at his
post. Mr. Taylor, however, kindly suggested he should take me, and
that suggestion was carried out.
abundantly & which the Lord has ever loved to give us. We
had decided together that we should limit our own expenses to the sums received
from the mission for our own support, and whatever gifts were given to us
should be put to the school fund.
; the people were poor, they had nothing to gi
but Mr. Stott felt prayer was a mightier
power than money, so he went seeking to interest these godly people. The
meeting was not more than twenty were present, but they were
deeply interested in all they
When he retired to his room he looked to see what the coin might be, and was
deeply touched to find it one & halfpenny.& He
felt it was like the & widow's mite,& and at once knelt
down to ask God to bless her gift. He then entered in his book, & A poor woman unknown, a halfpenny.& Next day
when he returned to me he said, & I was deeply
humbled, and had to confess to God that if I had had only a halfpenny to give I should have been
too much ashamed to have
she had much more faith and love
than I.& Then he added, & Do you
know God seems to have shown me that He is going to send &, I have not faith
for that, but according to
and was not ashamed of the smallness of the sum.
has told me to
give you this money for your work.& He put down a bundle of
notes justand up to this time we had never
received more than
I have the same strong conviction, that God is
sending me was as good as asking,
and no doubt next day when we are leaving &
for &expressed his
regret for having mentioned his conviction in the way he did: it was all right
to tell of what God had done, but what He was going to do seemed too like a
hint, and if he wished to spare his feelings he must not ask him to accept
this. Our host replied, & That &
in Tai- his wife, a former school- and their
three children, the eldest of whom is converted.
of war so near us have given
me a good deal of extra work. The Romanists are getting it worse than we, and a rupture
has taken place, but I have not heard the details. The Chinese are
not so enlightened as to make much if any distinction be- tween one foreigner
here they distinguish our nationalities by our religion: Protestants are
British and are very bad ? th Romanists are French, they are even more abominable and
ought to be exterminated. Such is the ex- pressed feeling of many.
Our most southern station is near the border of Foh-kien,
and with hostilities going on so near there is much to try them. There is also
a great deal of excitement in the city, and some days we can hardly walk out
without being reminded of the dislike with
sometimes get behind us and make a harsh whirring noise like sharpening a
knife, and if they can draw our attention will take their fan and make a
significant slash at their necks, and then disappear as soon as they can. But
if matters do not get worse
. I take an extract from a letter written to a friend at this
do not mind hard work, but it is discouraging to feel that, work as we will,
one half is left undone. I have now twenty-five girls entirely under my care, who need and ought to have all my time. The dear
ones who were converted last year are growing in grace,
and their thirst for the Word of God must be satisfied. On the other hand, the
Christian women and inquirers need much teaching, and in trying to do both,
neither is done thoroughly. The same is true of my husband. The church in this
city has grown to need all his time and care, yet he is grieved that the out-stations
are not visited oftener. May our Father lead us in a right way.
I am sure you will pray for us. Miss Littlejohn, who joined us last
December, may be she was very delicate and, indeed, seemed
worn out when she came. In the beginning of summer she took ill.
After a few weeks she went on to Shanghai, and was there two months without
she has now gone to Che-foo, where I trust she may
both suffered, and it was
then seeds of the disease in Mr. Stott, which two years later compelled us to
go to England, were sown, and afterwards developed into the painful complications which in
the spring of 1889 ended in his translation to glory. Thus we were
called to be sufferers together with Christ in no ordinary way, yet no word of
regret ever passed his lips. He was full of praise that God had enabled him to
serve more than twenty years in China.
I remember did I not ask more? Oh, how we limit God, when
He might do great things for us if only we would open our mouths wide unto Him!
you think I shall
be able to return to China? & The doctor, not wishing to tell
the sad truth, turned the question aside. Mr. Stott, seeing the evasion, said, & Don't be afraid
for there is no worst for
me, thank God. I have had twenty years' service for Him in C
I did wish to go back, but if He says no, why should I desire it? I am willing to
stay and suffer if it is H willing to go to China if it be His will.&
And then with a bright smile he added, & Why, I believe I am
willing to go half-way to China and then go to heaven, if that were His
will.& The doctor looked at him earnestly and said, & I envy you.& He then told him plainly there
was no hope of recovery. Not a sha he knew where his home
was and longed to go. I I saw the daily weakening of
the poor body and feared there could be n but it was more
difficult for me to submit to God's will. To
Lord's presence is related in a small pamphlet& published by Morgan and Scott From this I quote the following letters, written to our
C.I.M. secretary: ?
Blanche, &Route de Grasse,
Dear Mr. Broomhall,? It was my
privilege to be with our dear departed brother, Mr. Stott, during
his last night on earth, and a few particulars of the closing scene will, I
know, be acceptable to you. Slowly, during many weeks of pain, the earthly
house of this tabernacle was being dissolved, and on Saturday evening, about 9.30, one of the
sisters came over to say that his sufferings had become more intense, and
the end seemed approaching. I was in the act of reading in the Christian
classics, 'De Incarnation Verbi Dei,' the account by
Athanasius of the triumphs of the early Christians and martyrs over death, due
to their Lord and Master, who, by His Cross and Resurrection had vanquished
death, so that they no longer feared but despised it. ' For,' says he, 'as when
the sun rises after the night has passed, and the whole globe is illuminated by
it, it is not at all doubtful that it is the sun which has shed its light
everywhere, and has driven away the darkness and en so death
being utterly despised and trampled down from the time saving appearance in the body, and end upon the
Cross took place, it is perfectly clear that it is the Saviour
Himself, who appeared in the body, who brought death to naught, and daily
exhibits trophies against it in His own disciples. For when one sees men, who
are by nature weak, leaping forth to death and not cowering before its
corruption, nor displaying fear at the descent into Hades, but with zealous
and not shrinking from tortures, but for Christ's sake
preferring rather than this present lif or, too, if one be
a beholder of men and women and young children rushing upon and leaping forth
to death for the religion of C who is so simple, or who is so
unbelieving, or is so incapacitated in mind, as not to perceive and draw the
conclusion that Christ, to whom the men bear witness, Himself bestows and gives
to each the victory over death, rendering it utterly weak in each of those who hold
His faith and bear the sign of the Cross? ' It was thus, I thought, sixteen
hundred years ago, but how many times, in common with all Christian workers in
this land, I have heard the popular dictum, Le Christianisme
a fait son temps, ' Chris- tianity has had its day,'
' It is used out '? And as I went forth to witness for the first time a
death-bed scene, this thought was uppermost, ' Will it ratify the affirmation
of Athanasius, and show that after six-teen centuries the virtue of the Cross
and Resurrection is in no degree diminished?'
and all these weary weeks of pain had been passed sitting, with no possibility
of supporting the poor head or giving the body relief, only by occasionally
leaning forward. The strong man was bowed, and poor nature was in a pitiable
plight. The props of the tent were being taken away, and the suppressed groans
of the sufferer told of the silver cord being loosed, and the links being
broken which bound the spirit to the earthly tenement.
enemy, its empire overthrown and its sceptre destroyed. During eight hours we witnessed the King
of Terrors doing his worst. The combat was a fierce one, blow after blow was
dealt, strong pains were t the anguish of dissolution was
there, but not for one moment did the spirit is only the poor
body that is suffering,' ' the soul is happy.' Early in the evening he
said, ' I bless God that thirty years& ago He washed me from my sins in
His precious blood, and now the sun is shining without a cloud ';
and thus with unfaltering faith, and with unwavering hope, he went down into the
valley of the shadow.
through the waters I will be with
and through the rivers they sha when thou walkest through the fire thou neither
shall the flame kindle upon thee: for I am the Lord thy God, thy Saviour. Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of
death I will fear no evil: for T Thy rod and Thy staff they
comfort me. Who shall separate us * from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation,
or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? ' I took it with me,
that dear Mr. Stott might have a word like apples of gold in pictures of
silver. In this ' royal road ' we saw him advance
often reaching out his arms to welcome the Lord, whom he felt was indeed
drawing near. Once or twice, in moments of extreme pain, his cry went up, 'O Lord, Lord, have mercy upon me.' The Lord heard him in
the day of his distress, and strengthened him in the dire conflict. We sought
to supply stones for his steps, as he fo words of life
came spontaneously to our lips, and it was grand to see how his faith appropriated
them. When his
dear wife reminded him that he would soon hear the Master's ' Well done, good
and faithful servant, enter thou into the joy of thy Lord,' his soul seemed to
revel in the thought. ' Enter thou into the joy of thy Lord, of thy Lord,' he repeated
then turning it into a prayer, and stretching out
his hands, he said, ' Let me enter now, enter now, into the joy of my Lord, the
joy of my Lord.'
his Lord: he
had begged his dear wife to put it down to nature' but her
prediction was verified, the Lord's grac no murmuring or
while his deep gratitude and affection for felt it a
privilege to wait upon him.
, wearied out physically
but wonderfully supported in spirit, with words of faith and hope cheering him
as he breasted the billows, and watching for his release.
,' for that
chamber of death was then the rendezvous of the hosts of God.
sounding joyously through the air, having
fought the good fight through Christ, was more than conqueror. The change had come, the contracted features and glazing eye told that the
last struggle was entered on. A hurried ' He is going ' escaped us, I did not expect
to hear him speak again, and for
thee.' He took it in, and to my surprise, with a last effort, said,
'Then lift me
up, that I may give another note of praise.' Putting my arms around
him, I drew him gently forward. Then as fast as his poor breath came he turned
it into praise. ' Praise the Lord, bless His holy name,' he repeated again
and again.
, who on her knees,
with only half-suppressed cries from the pangs which were rending her own
heart, was holding his hands and watching the shadows of death as they passed
over his face, '
This is a precious legacy he is leaving you.' They were like words of triumph
coming out of the very realms of death. ' Do you know
me, precious one? ' she asked. ' Know
you, Gracie? it would be strange if I didn't know
you,' was the reply. Then with a strength that surprised me, he added, 'We have
rallied to- gether around that dish of fruit' ? one
of their last conversations had been about the fruit of the Tree of Life ? '
many a time, and the King in His beauty was there. Farewell, G don't
speak to me again, I am going to see the King.'
Achard, the directress, and another of the sisters had
joined us. Most tenderly and faithfully had they done 'what We could hear him say in a low
whisper, 'Come,
Lord Jesus ? Lord,' then he said, 'Coming, coming ? come, come.'
With these last words our beloved brother, George Stott, went in to see the
King in His beauty, on Easter morning, at half-past six.
I don't mourn for him,' said his
dear wife, ' I
mourn for myself. He is happy ? he is at rest now.'
death is mocked and despised by the believers in Christ, let him no longer
doubt, let no one be wanting in faith that by Christ death was brought to
naught and its corruption destroyed and put an end to.' Having seen with our
eyes, we set the seal of truth to this testimony,
conducted the service.
caught disease of the lungs.
- ing God, then joyfully ascended to heaven. Mrs. Stott has
returned to Wenchow, remembering that the sheep were without a shepherd. She
would not leave nor forsake the disciples, and seeing some of them blind, poor,
and old, she has opened homes to receive such that they might not suffer cold
and hunger in their helpless state. Seeing that Mr. and Mrs. Stott have so
earnestly done the will of God and kept all His commandments, their future
reward must be great indeed.&
-kwai. wish to write a
few lines about our pastor, named Mr. Stott. His native place was Scotland,
where he was educated. He was sent out to China by the China Inland Mission to
preach the gospel. His disposition was straight, and righteous, and very
in that respect there are few men like him. To look upon him was
to feel awe, but to know and come near him he was gentle and gracious. In
churches, opened and maintained boarding-schools, not
regarding time nor money, receiving orphans and other poor children,
teaching them to read and understand the Bible. Not afraid of toil and
suffering, he went out to near and distant places preaching, selling books, and
helping the dis- tressed. All this he did that the
gospel might spread abroad.
Wenchow is given up to the
worship of idols more th learned and unlearned alike
worship idols. Mr. Stott seeing things in this condition, his heart was stirred
up like a fire. He prayed, with sorrow and distress, that God would look down
and pity the- sionary Band,' caring for
the helpless and sorrowful, the cold and the hungry. All that was good con- nected with the church they earnestly and devotedly
attended to, spending their whole strength in the work. For many years they
thus worked, and are the foundation of the church. Now there are over three
hundred converts. Is not this good?
and I had was a three-berth
cabin, large and airy, with two windows, which kept it delightfully cool, and
into which we packed daily ten for reading and prayer as soon as the first days
of sea-sickness were over. The captain was a nice, kind man, and the chief
officer a decided Christian. One day while the former was on his usual tour of
inspection, he seemed amused at seeing so many of us. I laughingly said: &
We are not always so packed, we have only gathered for a little
prayer,& and asked him to see how beautifully we had managed. He turned to
the purser who accompanied him, and said: & You
are not taking in more passengers, are you?& He replied: & Yes, sir,
at Naples.& He then said: & Not they
are full.& In this kindly way he gave the hint to let us have the cabin to
ourselves, though it was fitted up for three.
has been revealed to us in this. My illness,
which seemed so inopportune, occurring when I could least be
spared, was the very cause of myself. Misses B., S., and W. being absent,
beside the pastor, who is a delicate man, and might readily have fallen a
victim, thus fewer lives were sacrificed than might otherwise have been the
case. It has
been said, & God buries His workers, but carries
on His work.& God can do without us, but He does not, and it is
still true that &through the foolishness of preaching& He saves men.
Who will be His ambassadors, and carry His message even to the uttermost parts
of the earth? The dark places of the earth are still full of the bestowed than China. It is true that as a nation the people are dirty,
treacherous, and in
but while they have these
and other unlovely national characteristics, I can bear testimony to a warmth of devotion,
fidelity, and patient endurance, not exceeded by any country, not
even by our own beloved E and I still hope to spend my remaining years
in their midst though much of the burden and responsibility must henceforth
rest upon younger shoulders.
by reminding them afresh
of the Lord's own promise, & In due season ye shall reap if ye faint not,& my
effort will not have been in vain.
the expenses were figured up and after removal of luggage,
&c., &c., I found I would save but 4s. 6d.,
and they urged
it was not worth taking so long a journey for that sum. I had been
asked to visit a young lady on that day, and was about to write a note
to say that, leaving by steamer, I could not keep my engagement, when the
thought came to me, could I not give up that 4s. 6d. for the
Lord's sake? Perhaps He had some service for me to do, or I
might interest her in China, so I decided to go by the night train and keep my engagement.
We had a time of sweet fellowship together, and, when leaving, she pressed a
small packet into my hand, saying, &Take this as from Him.〃 &
You cannot understand my position till you have been two years and more tied to
your post,
eight days' journey from th yet, if any one
would give me my choice to-day of any position, I could only say 'Wenchow.' I would not change
it, if I could, to rule a nation.&
you think I shall be able to return to China? &
The doctor, not wishing to tell the sad truth, turned the question aside. Mr.
Stott, seeing the evasion, said, & Don't be afraid
for there is
no worst for me, thank God. I have had twenty years' service for Him in C
I did wish to go back, but if He says no, why should I desire it? I am willing to
stay and suffer if it is H willing to go to China if it be His will.&
And then with a bright smile he added, & Why, I believe I am
willing to go half-way to China and then go to heaven, if that were His
will.& The doctor looked at him earnestly and said, & I envy you.& He then told him plainly there
was no hope of recovery. Not a sha he knew where his home
was and longed to go. I I saw the daily weakening of
the poor body and feared there could be n but it was more
difficult for me to submit to God's will.
reaching out his arms to welcome the Lord, whom he felt was indeed drawing
near. Once or twice, in moments of extreme pain, his cry went up, 'O Lord, Lord, have mercy upon me.' The Lord heard him in
the day of his distress, and strengthened him in the dire conflict. We sought
to supply stones for his steps, as he fo words of life
came spontaneously to our lips, and it was grand to see how his faith
appropriated them. When his dear wife reminded him that he would soon hear the
Master's ' Well done, good and faithful servant, enter thou into the joy of thy
Lord,' his soul seemed to revel in the thought. ' Enter thou into
the joy of thy Lord, of thy Lord,' he repe then
turning it into a prayer, and stretching out his hands, he said, ' Let me enter now,
enter now, into the joy of my Lord, the joy of my Lord.'
sounding joyously through the air, having
fought the good fight through Christ, was more than conqueror. The change had come, the contracted features and glazing eye told that the
last struggle was entered on. A hurried ' He is going ' escaped us, I did not expect
to hear him speak again, and for
thee.' He took it in, and to my surprise, with a last effort, said,
'Then lift me
up, that I may give another note of praise.' Putting my arms around
him, I drew him gently forward. Then as fast as his poor breath came he turned
it into praise. ' Praise the Lord, bless His holy name,' he repeated again
and again.
' With these last words our
beloved brother, George Stott, went in to see the King in His beauty, on Easter
morning, at half-past six.
I don't mourn for him,' said his dear wife, ' I mourn for
myself. He is happy ? he is at rest now.'
in China has been greatly owned and blessed, (where, if I mistake not, no foreign
missionary had previously laboured) three native
churches, numbering in all about three hundred
members besides as many attendants, to say nothing of the schools he
inaugurated. You will pardon my entering thus into details, when I tell you
that I made Mr. Stott's acquaintance prior to his going to China in the year
1865, he being
one of the five who went out when the China Inland Mission was but in its
incipient state. His works do follow him. In thus writing, we do not
glory in George Stott, but in the Lord, who wrought the works by His servant,
His workers, but carries on His work.&
bestowed than China. It is true that as a nation the people are dirty,
treacherous, and in
but while they have these
and other unlovely national characteristics, I can bear testimony to a warmth of devotion,
fidelity, and patient endurance, not exceeded by any country, not
even by our own beloved E and
I still hope to spend my remaining years in their midst though much of
the burden and responsibility must henceforth rest upon younger shoulders.
by reminding them afresh
of the Lord's own promise, & In due season ye shall reap if ye faint not,& my
effort will not have been in vain.}

我要回帖

更多关于 good bye my lover 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信