you know much less thanmore than the original

阅读理解请认真阅读下列短文,从短文后各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。You’veprobablyheardofMarcoPolo,buthowmuchdoyouactuallyknowabouthimandhisincrediblejourney?Marcowastheoriginaltravelwriter,whosetradecontactswithAsiachangedEurope,openingituptonewideasandcultures.MarcoPolowasbornintheVenetianRepublicaround1254.Atthetime,Venicewasoneofthemostpowerfultradingcitiesintheworld,andwasruledasanindependentcitystate.Marco’smotherdiedwhenhewasyoung,sohewasbroughtupbyhisauntanduncle.WhenMarcowasborn,hisbrother(Maffeo)andfather(Niccolo),whoweresuccessfulmerchants,wereawayonatradingvoyage.Theydidn’tgetbackuntilMarcowasabout15.In1271,NiccoloandMaffeosetoffagainforAsia,thistimetakingMarcowiththem.Onapreviousjourneythey’dmetKublaiKhan(theYuanDynasty),andtheywerekeentoestablishtradelinksbetweenKublai’sempireandVenice.ThePolossailedacrosstheMediterraneantoAcre(nowinnorthernIsrael).Then,theytraveledbycameltotheportofHormuzinthePersianGulf.TheirplanwastosailtoChinabuttheycouldn’tfindanygoodboats.So,theycontinuedthejourneyoverland,finallymeetingKublaiKhanathissummerpalaceinXanadu,about275kmsnorthofmodernBeijing.Marcowasnowprobably21yearsold.Thejourneyhadtakenoverthreeyears.ThePoloshadlearntagreatdealabouttheworldduringtheirtravelsandsoKublaiemployedMarcoasagovernmentofficial.ThisgaveMarcotheopportunitytotravelaroundmuchofKublai’sempireinChina.Infact,KublaifoundthePolossousefulthathewasunwillingtoletthemreturnhome.However,in1292,thePoloseventuallyleft,sailingfromChinaandendingupinHormuzagain.Thejourneywasextremelydangerous:ofthe600travelerswhosetoff,only18arrivedinHormuz,includingallthreeofthePolofamily.ThePolosfinallyreturnedtoVenicein1295,twenty-fouryearsaftersettingoff.Theyhadtraveled24,000kms.BythistimeVenicewasatwarwithGenoa,itstraderival.UnfortunatelyforMarco,hewascapturedbytheGenoeseandimprisioned.However,heusedhistimeasaprisonertowriteabookabouthisfamily’stravels:IIMilione(knownasTheTravelsofMarcoPoloinEnglish).ItwasthefirstbooktotellEuropeansaboutChinaandtheEast.Nooriginalcopysurvives,butthereareseveralversionsofit.Marco’swritingsinfluencedmanyothertravelers,mostnotablyChristopherColumbus,whocarriedacopyofIIMilionewithhimonhisvoyageinsearchofAsia.Afterhisreleasefromprisonin1299,MarcorejoinedhisfatheranduncleinVenice.Thefamilywerenowevenwealthierthanbeforethankstothemanytreasuresthey’dbroughtbackfromtheEast.Marcofinancedmanymoretradingjourneysbutneverleftthecityagain.Hediedin1324andwasburiedinthechurchofSanLorenzoinVenice.63.WhatisthecorrectorderofwhatMarcoPolohasdone?a.metKublaiKhaninXanadub.sailedacrosstheMediterraneanc.sailedforHormuzd.leftVeniceforAsiae.wenttoHormuzbycamelf.employedasagovernmentofficialinChinaA.b-c-d-f-a-cB.d-c-b-a-f-eC.b-d-c-f-a-eD.d-b-e-a-f-c64.Thelastparagraphbutonemainlytellsussomethingabout_____.A.Marco’slifeinGenoaB.Marco’sbookIIMilioneC.Marco’sinfluenceonColumbusD.Marco’ssafereturntoVenice65.Whichofthefollowingistrueaccordingtothepassage?A.Soonafterhismother’sdeath,Marcowasraisedbyhisfather.B.MarcospentaboutsixyearsonthewaytoChinaandbacktoVenice.C.Marcodiedattheageof70inthechurchofSanLorenzoinVenice.D.Marcowasbornintoaverypoorfamilybutdiedinwealth.66.Thepassageismostprobablytakenfrom_____.A.anewspaperB.ageographybookC.ahistorybookD.atraveler’sguide63.D64.B65.B66.C略广东省海中、南外、金中三校2012届高三5月联考英语试题答案
63. D 64. B
65. B? 66. CI'm Melanie Jordan, Author of "What You Know Is Worth More Than You Know!(TM)" and The Expert At Making Money From What You Uniquely Know.
And I truly believe that EVERYONE has something they know which is worth something to others.
And right here through this blog for original content infopreneurs, you can learn to make money from all your unique knowledge through original content infopreneuring!
We value your privacy and will never sell or share your name with anyone.