天津市耀华中学学年第二学期期中形成性检测
高二年级英语试卷
本试卷分第卷(选择题)、第卷(非选择题)和第卷(选择题)三部分。试卷共l50分。考试时间为120分钟。请考生掌握好时间。
祝各位考生考试顺利!
第卷选择题,共分
★请同学们将试题答案填涂在答题卡上第一部分:听力(共两节,满分20分)
1.听力(共20小题;每小题l分;满分20分)
第听下面5段对话。每段对话后有个小题,从题中所给的A,B,C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。每段对话仅读遍。
1What does the woman think of shopping online?
A.She i afraid of it.
B.She dislikes it. C.She likes it
2When did the two speakers start work?
A.At 9:45.
B.At l0:15.C.At 5:45
3.What does the woman mean?
A.She doesn’t want to eat too much.
B.She is not
hungry as the man.
C.She won’t eat anythin.
4What’s the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A.Manager and secretary.
B.Husband and wife.C.Customer and assistant
5.What ca we know about the man’s sister?
A.She supports many soccer teams.
B.She doesn't like soccer.
C.She i a soccer player。
第二节下面5段对话。每段对话后有几个小题,从题中所给的A,B,C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。每段对话读两遍。
6.What does the woman do?
A.She is a shop assistant:
B.She is a secretary.
C.She is a waitress
7.What did the old lady finally do?
A.She bought a pair of shoes.
B.She bought every single pair of shoes.
C.She didn’t buy any air of shoes.
8.How long did the old lady stay?
A.An hour.
B.Half an hour C.An hour and aalf
9What does the woman want the man to do?
A.To help her with the homework
B.To help her with the houseork.
C.To help her with the artwork.
10.What is the man probably going t do according to the woman?
A.To go volunteer at the hospital.
BTo start a hospital basketball team.
C.To play basketball.
11.What does the woman think about the man?
AHe is kind.hearted.
B.He i unreliable.C.He is very.honest.
12.What ithe woman complaining about?
A.The man doesn’t earn much money
B.The marl seldom goes home.
CThe man often works overtime.
1 3How long has the man worked this week?
A.About 60 hours.
B.About 20 hours.C.About 40 hours
14.Why does the man work
A.Because he wants to get a higher pay。
B.Because his boss requires him t do so.
C.Because he wants to get a higher position.
15.Who i the woman?
A.A clerk.
BA customer.C.A waitress
16.H would the man like his fish done?
A.Toasted.
B.Fried.C.Boiled.
17.What does the man order to go with the fish?
B.SaladC.Dessert
18.What i folk music about?
A.Country life.
.City life.C.Festivals19.Whom did people use to act and sg in praise of?
A.Friends
B.Performers.C.Heroes20.How were folk songs passed down in early years?
A.By readin
B.By writin. C.Orally
第二部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
第一节:单项填空(共15小题:每小题l分,满分l5分)
21.He proved himself a true gentleman and the beauty of hiswas seen at its best
when he worked with others.
B.appearance
D.character
22.Is everyone that something has to be done about the pollution from the factory?
23.It was
back home afer the experiment.
A.not until midnight did he go
B.until midnight that he didn’t go
C.not until midnight that he went
D.until midnight when he didn’t
24.The famous poet the professor often referred,and paid a visit to our university
last week.
A.to arrive
B.arrivedC.to arriving D.to arrived25.Why not try your luck downtown,Bob? That’the best jobs are.
B.what C.when D.why
26.What makes you so worried?
A.Because of my weight B.I’ve lost some weight
C.That I'm putting on weight D.Because I've put on weight
27.How dare she do that?
to what you did,whatever she did Was reasonable.What’ more,it is none of your business.Can’t you get down toyour lessons?
A.Comparin,doing
B.Comparin,do
C.Compared,doin D.Compared, do
28.What a great weight the mother felt her mind the moment she found her lost son.
A.turned off
B.taken off
C.set off D.brought off
2.Sunday, rather than
at home, I preferred
A.It bein;stay;to travel
B.Bein;to stay;to travel
C.Having been;stay;travel
D.It was;t stay;traveling
30.All the students are allowed to enter the information centre,where they are abe to use the computers to
the valuable information needed.
A.obtainB.secure
31.John often helps me with my arithmetic and I play chess with him
A.in orderB.on purpose
C.in turn
D.in retu32.you promised the boss we’d work overtime at the weekend?
.I felt sorry for him.
A.What if;sorrowful
B.Why not;lonely
C.How come;desperate D.Hw about;despair
33.Everyone knows that
,small problems cabecome bigger ones.
A.if not properly dealt with
B.not if dealt properly with
C.if coped with not properly D.not if coped with properly
34.Was it in this house he was born
he married and later died?
A.in which;in which B.that;on which
C.in that;where D.where;that
35.How about putting some pictures into the repot?
. A picture is worth a thousand words.
A.No way B.It couldn’t be better
C.All rightD.Not a bit
第二节完形填空(共20小题;每小题l.5分,共30分)
从所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
This year a new student named Danny had moved into the class I taught.Danny’s father was a
36 and not at home much,and his mother worked odd jobs(零活)she could not help make ends meet.In October, I gave Danny a pair of mittens and hat(一副手套和帽子) had
38 thought he would be so proud-because there were a few of the things he 39 owned.He wore them to the playground between 40 and carefully put them in his desk when he came in.After school,I found his mittens mad hat in his desk.When
41 him whether he forgot to bring them home,he explained that stuff got easily 42 at home with so many kids and he didn’t want to lose his only hat and mittensSoon it came time for 43
.Parents decided to collect twenty-five cents from each child who could 44
it and buy a present for me.Danny was on free lunch for poor children: was pretty
45 he wouldn't bring a quarter.But that was theof this kind of present. would never know who contributed and who didn't.The card would be 47 by the whole classThe day of the party was 48 exciting.We watched a Christmas movie in the afternoon.We exchanged gifts,and then the students
me with my gift.Before that,Danny asked me for a piece of paper and a piece of tape(线,带). 50
was a little surprised why he wanted those things during a party, I happily
51 the items. went back to my office after the children left.On my desk, found a folded piece of red paper.52 the hand—made Christmas card up and couldn’t hold my 53
The notes said,“To my 54
teacher.You have always been there for me,d I really appreciate
.I couldn’t afford to get you anything so I a giving you everything I have.Merry Christmas.Danny.”
Inside the card was taped a dime(一角硬币)verything Danny had .
36.A.shop assistant B.truck driver
C.bank clerk
D.manager
37.A.after
C.before D.when
38.A.never
B.certainly
C.completely D.undoubtedly
39.A.separately
B.carefully
C.finally D.really
40.A.subjects
B.courses
C.classes
D.1essons
41.A.blamedB.scoldedC.informedD.questioned42.A.washedB.burntC.destroyedD.protected43,A.graduationB.a partyC.my birthdayD.Christmas44.A.offerB.aford
C.ownD.save45.A.sory
B.worriedC.sureD.disappointed46.A.mistakeB.beautyC.meaningD.power47.A.signedB.boughtC.writtenD.offered48.A.slightlyB.partlyC.reasonableD.unusualy
49.A.praisedB.congratulatedC.saisfied
D.presented50.A.ButB.ThereforeC.AlthoughD.Even though51.A.foundB.providedC.preparedD.delivered52.A.openedB.toreC.pickedD.took53.A.breathB.attentionC.tearsD.curiosity54.A.1earnedB.favoriteC.practicalD.special55.A.itB.youC.myselfD.them第三部分:阅读理解(共20小题:每小题2,5分,满分50分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Every Thursday afternoon,my art history class meets not in usual lecture hall but in the Yale University Art Gallery.
We spend our one-hour class discussing two or three of the paintings,many of which are by artists that we have already studied in class.
The professor begins by selecting one work of art.After giving
a quick background on the artist,he’pen up for our class discussion.Everyone is strongly encouraged t give opinions about the work.Not every piece we study is necessarily famous or striking in appearance and suject matter.Yet we always manage t make some interesting observations.
In America,professors always take every opportunity to push textbooks aside and expose students
real world experiences.
With some creativity, almost any subject ca be applied to such beyond classroom learning.My art history class trips t the gallery are but one example.
Many other subjects also offer opportunities to learn outside the classroom,such as business,psychology, art,journalism and biology.
A friend of mine from Yale taking an advanced psychology course spends every Saturday working with mentally disabled children.Her mornings are spent staying with the kids and studying their sometimes uncontrolled behavior.Then in the afternoon she writes a report o her observations.
Students generally appreciate these unique learning opportunitiesThey’re almost always fun and interesting,and professors like them because students learn
much in just a few short months.
No one denies the value of classroom learning,but it can only take students so far.Slides and textbooks may do a good j ob f carrying facts and dates,but creativity and originality of thought cannot be taught.They ca only be got through firsthand experience.
56.According to the passage,we can conclude that the writer studies art history A.in a lecture hall
B.in a art gallery
C.in a simple way D.in a practical way
57.When studying an artist,the students are required first to A.meet and talk with him or her
B.pay a visit to his or her hometown
C.get some information about his or her background
D.copy some works of his or hers
58.In American universitiesit is popular for professors to
A.create textbooks by themselves
B.teach their lectures through real world experiences
C.ask their students to memorize the texts
D.share their experiences with the students
59.The writer introduces all experience of his friend’s in order toA.apprecate such learning opportunities
B.praise the professor
C.praise his friendD.advise
to study psychology
60.The writer holds the opinion that
A.earning outside the classroom is the best way
B.teachers should develop students creativity
C.professors had better shorten their lectures
D.students should put their textbooks away
Every human bein,no matter what he is doin,gives off body heat.The usual problem is how to get rid of it.B the designers of the Johnstown campus of the University of Pittsburgh set themselves the opposite problem-how to collect body heat.They have designed a collection system which uses not only body heat,but the heat given off by h objects as light bulbs(灯泡)and refrigerators as welt.The system works well that no fuel is needed to make the campus’ six buildings comfortable.
Some parts of most modern buildings--theaters and offices as well as classrooms-are more than sufficiently(足够)heated by people and lights and sometimes must be air conditioned even in winter.The technique of saving heat and redistributing it is called “heat recovery”.A few modem buildings recover heat,but the University’s system is the first to recover heat from buildings and reuse it in others.
Along the way, Pitt has learned a great deal about some of its producers.The harder a student studies the more heat his body gives off.Male students send out more heat than female students and the larger a student,the more heat he produces.It is tempting to conclude that the hottest prospect for the Johnstown campus would be a hard-working overweight male genius(天才).
61.Which of the following is true of the heing system of the Johnstown campus? The heat is supplied by
A.human bodies, other heat sending objects,and fuel
B.both human bodies and other heat sending objects
C.both human bodies and fuel
D.human bodies
62.The technique of heat recovery is usedA.to produce a special form of air-conditioning
B.to provide heat for the hot water system
C.to find out the source of heat
D.to collect and reuse heat
63.The words “the hottest prospect” refer to
A.the person who suffers most from heat
B.the person who produces most heat
C.the person who uses most heat D.the person who takes in heat
64.Which of the following persons would produce the least amount of heat?
A.A thin male who studies hard.
B.A fat female who studies hard。
C.A fat male who does not study hard.D.A thin female who does not study hard
65.A good title for the passage would be
A.MODERN BUILDING’S HEAT SYSTEM
B.A NEW HEAT RECOVERY SYSTEM IN PITTSBURGH
C.A STRANGE OBJECT IN HEATING SYSTEM
D.RECOVERY OF BODY’S HEAT
CRegister in person
Register by phone
Register by mail
Use form given
Call 264—8833
1782N Chicago
★Basic Photography
This is an eight-hour course for beginners who want to learn how to use a 35 mm camera.The teacher will cover such areas as kinds of film,light,and lenses.Bring your own 35 mm camera to class.
Course charge:$50.Jan.10,12,17,19Tues&Thurs,6:00-8:00pm.
Marianne Adams is a professional photographer whose photographs appear in many magazines.
★Understanding Computers
This telve hour course is for people who do not know very much about computers,but who need t learn about them.You will learn what computers are,what they can and can't d,and how to use them.
Course charge:
Equipment charge: $10.00
Jan.1421,28
Sat.9:00-11:50a.
Joseph Saimders is Professor of Computer Science at New Urban University.He has over twelve years of experience in the computer field.★Stop Smoking
Do you want to stop smoking? Have you already tried to stop and failed? Now it is the time to stop smoking using the latest methods.You can stop smokin,and this twelve—hour course will help you do it.
Course charge:$30.00
Jan.411,18,25
Mo.4:00-7:00p.m.
Dr John Godds is a practicing psychologist(心理学家)who has helped hundreds of people stop smokin.
This course on weekday is for typin.You are tested in the first class and practice at ne of eight different skill levels.This allows you to learn at your own speedEach programme lasts 20 hours.Bring your own paper.
Course charge:$125.00
Material charge:$25.00
Two}hours each evening for two weeks.
New classes begin every t weeks.
This course is taught by a number of business education teachers who have successfully taught typing courses before.
66.The word “professional’’ in this passage most probably means‘‘”.
A.spiritual
B.journalist
C.professor
D.experienced
67.The shortest course i
A.Basic Photography B.Understanding Computers
C.Stop Smoking D.Typing
68.There are typing courses
A.on Saturdays and Sundays
B.from Monday to Friday
C.from Monday to Saturday D. each day in the week
69.Where do you think we ca get theses information?
B.TV programme
C.Newspaper D.A detective story
70.Which course is charged the least?
A.Basic Photography B.Typin
C.Stop SmokingD.Basic Photography
People say teenagers are no good.They make too much noise in.shopsthey drive wildly up and down the streets.And at times,some of these things are true.But there are also hard moments in the life of a teenager.
A teener is neither a lovely child,nor a respectable grown up person.The members of her family consider a teenager a source of trouble.She feels that she has grown up.But she s told that she is just a child and she knows nothing.She sees her elders doing what they likeWhen she wants to do what she likes,the elders tell her that she should do only what she is told to dTo be a teenager means to be everybody’s servant and nobody’s master.Elders in the and in the neighborhood order a teenager to run errands for them.(替…跑腿)
If he refuses to carry out the orders of his eiders,he is scolded.He may even be punished.He is criticized for all that he says and does.If he behaves like a child,he is told that he is grown up and that he should not be childish,If he behaves like a grown up mall,he is told that he is
disrespectful.
A teenager becomes a lonely creature in the family.Children enjoy all the love of the elders in the family.The teenager gets no love and no respect.So she often runs away from home and finds some joy in the company of the girls of her age.
The trouble with teenagers is that they haven't learnt to be controlled.There are too many rules and regulations for us to obey.It hasn’t yet occurred to us to run a zigzag pattern.Although we teenagers have miserable time with our family members and elders,we have a very good time with our friends and in schools and colleges.So we teenagers spend most of our good time and have fun with our friends and classmates rather than with parents.
71.The main idea of this passage is A.the differences between a teenager and a grownup
B.the usual opinions of teenagers
C.the difficult siation a teenager face
D.how to dea with teenagers
72.The key factor of the troubles brought to teenagers is that A.teenagers are always troublesome
B.teenagers don’t understand their parents completely
C.grownups don’t understand 8J1d respect teenagers enough
D.teenagers refuse to listen to grownups
73.Who understand teenagers best according to the passage?
A.Their teachers.
B.Their friends.
C.Their neighbors.D.Their parents
74.The underlined sentence in the last paragraph probably has the same meaning asA.they don,t get along well with their elders as they haven’t learned to control others
B.they lead a hard life because they are not familiar to al l kinds of rules.
C.their troubles lie in their control of others
D.they have troubles with elders because they haven’t formed the habit of obeying
75.What’ the author’s attitude towards teenagers?
A.He criticizes them.
B.He understands them.
C.He misunderstands them.D.He supports them.
卷 非选择题35分
★请同学们将试题答案写在答题纸上
写作(共两节,满分35分)
阅读短文,根据所读内容在表中的空格处填上适当的单词或短语,每空不超过3个单词。(共10小题,每小题:1分,满分l0分)
If you think about World Heritage Sites,you probably think of places associated with ancient art and culture,historical buildings and monuments,And of course,many of these are on the World Heritage List(WL)(世界遗产名录).But the WHL contains a lot of sites that are not so obvious.Let’ look at a few of them.
Citadel of Haiti
These monuments were buit at the end of the nineteenth century when Haiti became independent and the many thousands of black slaves in Haiti were free for the first time.These exslaves built the monuments,which the WI IL describes as “a universal symbol of liberty”。
Robben Island in South Africa
This island was used through the centuries as a prison,a hospital and a military base.But it's probably most famous as a maximumsecurity prison for political prisoners in the twentieth century.Nelson Mandela was one of its mosamous residents. The WHL says it represents “the triumph of democracy and freedom over oppression and racism”.
The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway in India
This railway was opened in l 88 1 and is still operating todayIt crosses a difficult area of mountain landscape and it is a great example of railway engineering.The WHL says that it is “the first,and still the most outstandin,example of a hill passenger railway”
Borders of France and Spain
This is an area of great natural beauty and the mountains have many interesting geological formations.But it is also an area of small farms.People there still use a type of agriculture that used to be common in mountainous areas of Europe but has almost completely disappeared in modern times.
The city of Brasilia,Brazil
Brasila is a capital city that was created from nothing in l 956.The WHL calls it “a landmark in the history of town plannin”. The different areas of the city and the buildings themselves were all designed at the same time carefully.Every part of the city shows the ideas of the planner and architect.76.Special features
Reasons for being
chosen On which continent
Citadel of Haiti
Ex-slaves built them 80.84. Robben Island
South Africa
77.81.Africa
Mandela was once a
prisoner there Freedom over
oppression
The Darjeeling
The first mountain.
for hill passengers 82.Asia