笔记本显卡6789区别在哪the witness 下载him thinking through the first lines over breakfast and h

The page is temporarily unavailable
nginx error!
The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.
Website Administrator
Something has triggered an error on your
This is the default error page for
nginx that is distributed with
It is located
/usr/share/nginx/html/50x.html
You should customize this error page for your own
site or edit the error_page directive in
the nginx configuration file
/etc/nginx/nginx.conf.A thief entered the bedroom of the 30th President of the United States, who met him and helped him escape punishment.The event happened in the early morning hours in one of the first days when Calvin 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
A thief entered the bedroom of the 30th President of the United States, who met him and helped him escape punishment.The event happened in the early morning hours in one of the first days when Calvin Coolidge came into power, late in August, 1923.He and his family were living in the same third-floor suite (套房) at the Willard Hotel in Washington that they had occupied several years before.The former President’s wife was still living in the White House.Coolidge awoke to see a stranger go through his clothes, remove a wallet and a watch chain.Coolidge spoke, “I wish you wouldn’t take that.” The thief, gaining his voice,& said, “Why?” “I don’t mean the watch and chain, only the charm (表坠).Take it near the window and read what is impressed on its back, “ the President said.The thief read, “Presented to Calvin Coolidge.” “Are you President Coolidge ? “ he asked.The President answered, “Yes, and the House of Representatives (众议院) gave me that watch charm.I’m fond of it.It would do you no good.You want money.Let’s talk this over.” Holding up the wallet, the young man said in a low voice, “I’ll take this and leave everything else.” Coolidge, knowing there was $80 in it, persuaded the young man to sit down and talk.He told the President he and his college roommate had overspent during their holiday and did not have enough money to pay their hotel bill.Coolidge added up the roommate and two rail tickets back to the college.Then he counted out $32 said it was a loan (借款).He then told the young man, “There is a guard in the corridor.” The young man nodded and left through the same window as he had entered.小题1:What caused the thief to meet the President? A.He knew the President had lots of money.B.He knew the President lived in the suite.C.He wanted to be a rich businessman.D.He wanted to steal some money.小题2:Why did Calvin Coolidge live at the Willard Hotel in those days? A.Because the former President was still living in the White House.B.Because the former First Lady hadn’t left the White House.C.Because the First Lady liked to live there.D.Because he liked there.小题3:Coolidge counted out $32 ______.A.in order not to be killed by the thief B.in order to be out of danger C.so as to help the young student overcome his difficulty D.because he had no more money小题4:The young man’s roommate went back to the college ______.A.by airB.by waterC.by busD.by train小题5:Which of the following might happen afterwards? A.The young student repaid the$32.B.The thief was put into prison.C.The President told many reporters the thief’s name.D.The President ordered the young man to repay the money.
小题1:D小题2:B小题3:C小题4:D小题5:A略
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
Forty-three years seems like a long time to remember the name of a person.I have forgotten the name of an old lady who was a(n)&&36&&on my paper route when I was a twelve-year-old boy.Yet it seems like just yesterday that she taught me a lesson in &&37 .One afternoon, a friend and I were&&38&&rocks onto the roof of the old lady’s house&&39&&her backyard.The object of our play was to observe how the rocks changed to missiles as they &&40&&to the roof’s edge and shot out into the &&41&. I found myself a perfectly smooth rock and sent it for a ride.The stone was too smooth, however, so it &&42&&from my hand as I let it go and headed &&43&&for a small window on the old lady’s back wall. I was too scared about getting &&44&&that first night to be concerned about the old lady with the broken window.However, a few days later, &&45&&I was sure that I hadn’t been discovered, I started to feel &&46&&for her misfortune. I made up my mind that I would &&47&&my paper delivery money, and in three weeks I had the seven dollars that I &&48&&would cover the cost of her window.I put the money in an envelope with a(n)&&49&&explaining that I was sorry for breaking her window and hoped that the seven dollars would cover the &&50&&for repairing it. I waited until it was dark, then put the envelope through the letter slot in her door. The next day, I &&51&&the old lady her paper and was able to &&52&&the warm smile that I was &&53&&her.She thanked me for the paper and said, “Here, I have something for you.” It was a bag of cookies.I thanked her and ate the cookies as I &&54&&my route. After several cookies, I &&55&&an envelope.When I opened the envelope, I was shocked.Inside was the seven dollars and a short note that said, “I’m proud of you.”小题1:A.assistant B.customerC.adviserD.neighbour小题2:A.selfishness B.clevernessC.carefulness D.forgiveness小题3:A.picking B.kickingC.throwingD.striking小题4:A.fromB.underC.byD.around小题5:A.flowedB.rolledC.droppedD.fell小题6:A.yardB.kitchenC.room D.sky小题7:A.stepped B.stoppedC.skippedD.slipped小题8:A.rightB.slowC.straightD.fast小题9:A.caughtB.trappedC.lostD.hurt小题10:A.butB.whenC.beforeD.though小题11:A.guiltyB.nervousC.anxiousD.safe小题12:A.borrowB.saveC.transfer D.move小题13:A.usedB.earnedC.chose D.calculated小题14:A.bookB.noticeC.note D.article小题15:A.periodB.distanceC.size D.cost小题16:A.handedB.showedC.left D.sold小题17:A.witnessB.bringC.return D.wear小题18:A.comparing toB.receiving fromC.learning aboutD.playing with小题19:A.continuedB.forgotC.followed D.chose小题20:A.toreB.feltC.bought D.marked
题型:完形填空
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意。然后从36-55各题所给的选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。Mark was seven when he joined his father and two other elder brothers at sunrise in the fields. __36__ the time he was eight he was helping Dad fix up old furniture. He was given a cent for every nail he __37__ out of old boards. He got his first __38__ job at BT’s Restaurant in town, when he reached twelve. His main tasks were__39__tables and washing dishes, __40__sometimes he helped cook. Every day after school he would __41__ to BT’s and work till ten. Even on Saturdays he __42__ from two till eleven. At that age it was difficult going to work and __43__ his friends run off to swim or play. He didn’t necessarily like work, but he loved what working __44__ him to have. Because of his __45__ he was always the one buying when his friends and he went to the local shop. That made him __46__. Word that he was trustworthy and hard-working __47__ around the town. A local clothing shop offered him credit(赊帐)__48__ he was only in Grade 7. He immediately __49__ a $ 68 sports coats and a $ 22 pair of shoes. He was__50__ only 65 cents an hour, and he already owed the shopkeeper $ 90! So he learned __51__ the danger of easy credit. He paid it __52__ as soon as he could. The first job taught him self-control, responsibility and brought him a __53__of personal satisfaction few of his friends had experienced. As his father, __54__worked three jobs, once told him, “If you__55__sacrifice and responsibility, there are not many things in life you cannot have.” How right he was!小题1:A.BeforeB.WithinC.FromD.By小题2:A.pulledB.putC.pickedD.pressed小题3:A.usualB.realC.mainD.participate小题4:A.sweepingB.packingC.clearingD.empting小题5:A.orB.soC.butD.even小题6:A.headB.turnC.changeD.move小题7:A.studiedB.workedC.playedD.slept小题8:A.helpingB.havingC.watchingD.letting小题9:A.askedB.told C.promisedD.allowed小题10:A.studyB.powerC.ageD.job小题11:A.proudB.friendlyC.luckyD.hopeful小题12:A.ranB.gotC.flewD.carried小题13:A.althoughB.whileC.ifD.since小题14:A.soldB.borrowedC.chargedD.wore小题15:A.keepingB.makingC.payingD.taking小题16:A.graduallyB.greatlyC.hardlyD.early小题17:A.outB.overC.awayD.off小题18:A.pointB.levelC.partD.sign小题19:A.heB.thatC.whoD.whoever小题20:A.understandB.demandC.offerD.fear
题型:阅读理解
II.阅读(共两节,满分50分)第一节&阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)阅读下面短文,从每题所给的A、B,C和D项中选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 Like all other mothers who have small children, I, too, have to steal time-from my own children at home and from the children who know me as their teacher-just to put a few words down on paper. Many times I've wanted to write for myself, for other women, for my parents, for my husband, and especially for my children. I would have liked to leave a legacy (遗产) of words explaining what it has meant to have twins. One reason that there is not a great deal written about being a mother of a new baby is that there is seldom a moment to think of anything else but the baby's needs. With twins, I did not have a spare hand to write with. Before my twins were born, my days were long and I had nothing to write about. After the twins' birth I did have something to write about, but I found myself facing not a pen and paper but milk bottles. Some nights, friends would visit. They would leave at 11 p.m., heading for bed, and for us the night was only just beginning. With twins, there is really no night. Each feeding lasts a long time. At 1:00 a.m., each of them would begin crying from hunger. At 4:00am, when I finally put them down, I felt exhausted. Two years have passed since then and we've managed to live through it all. My days are still very full and even now there isn't one evening when I put the twins down for the night that I don't have a break. At last a little time for myself.26. When did the writer have time but she didn't feel like writing anything?A. Before the birth of her twins.B. When she faced bottles of milk.C. After her friends visited her home.D. When she had to think about the babies' needs.27. What does the writer mainly write about?A. Her role as a wife. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Her work as a writer.C. Her experience as a mother. &&&&&&&&&& D. Her feeling as a woman.28. Why did the writer say the night was just beginning (in the 4th paragraph)?A. Because her friends left her house too late.B. Because she started to take care of the twins even at night.C. Because her babies often cried and she woke up.D. Because she could not sleep till four in the morning.29. This passage is probably from a(n) ______.A. blog &&&&&&&& B. newspaper &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. guidebook &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. advertisement30. What can we learn from the passage?A. The writer was unhappy because of no time for writing.B. The writer cared her babies more than her own interests.C. The writer hated to be a mother of twins.D. The writer could steal a little time at night.
While reading a book in English, every few lines of text, you run across a word or two that you don’t know. You look up every new word in the dictionary. Bad move. All that does slow you down. Even electric or CD –ROM dictionaries can get in the way of your reading progress. A dictionary is like a road map. It can help you if you get lost and point you in the right direction. But if you stop to look at the “map” each time you take a step, you’ll get nowhere fast. On your English learning “journey”, a dictionary can be a helpful “travel companion ”--if it is not overused. To help you start thinking in English, use an English-to-English dictionary. Otherwise, you will always depend on your native language and end up translating in your head. A good dictionary can help you do more than just find the meaning of a word. It can help you verify (test and check) spelling, check word forms and grammar usage, find example sentence and learn pronunciation. Some dictionaries even provide exercises to teach you how to use their resources (资源) . Take time to get to know your dictionary. Learn the pronunciation symbols (符号). Understand what the abbreviations (缩写字) mean. Try to master the important grammar rules. Look for charts, diagrams and lists that might be useful in the future. You will discover how helpful it can be to make friends with your dictionary. And as they say, “A friend in need is a friend indeed.”小题1:Why do we need a good English-to-English dictionary?A.Because it is a good friend.B.Because it can help us to find the right direction if we get lost.C.Without it we’ll always depend on our native language and end up translating in our head.D.Because it can help us to start thinking in English and in Chinese.小题2:The underlined word “that ” in the last paragraph refers to __________.A.pronunciation symbols and grammar rulesB.abbreviations and usage for grammar rulesC.the meaning of a word, spelling and grammar usageD.charts, diagrams and lists小题3:According to the passage , which statement can lead you to believe?A.The more you use a dictionary, the better you can understand the article.B.The more you use a dictionary, the faster you may read.C.The more you use the resources in a dictionary, the more you can benefit (受益) from it.D.The better a dictionary is, the more expensive it is.
Many of us have heard of the saying: everything is possible if you can just believe. But few of us really know the power of faith and perseverance(坚定).& South African swimmer Natalie du Tiot embodies(体现)those virtues. Du Tiot, 24, became the first swimmer to compete in both the Olympic Games and the Paralympics (残奥会)in Beijing. Although she finished 16th in the tough 10km marathon in the able-bodied Games, she has collected three golds in the Paralympics so far. One of the most successful disabled athletes of all time, Natalie du Tiot was already a promising swimmer when she lost her leg in a motorcycle accident in 2001, at just 17. “There are a lot of dark moments,” she said, “There are some days when I cry. But I try to remember that better days are ahead. You just go on.” Within a few months, she was back in the swimming pool. She still completes and still succeeds. The only difference is she has switched to longer events—from 200m and 400m individual medley to 800m and 1,500m freestyle—to make up for her loss of speed with only one leg. But she made no adjustment to her mental look(精神面貌). “Going out in the water, it feels as if there’s nothing wrong with me. It doesn’t matter if you look different. You’re still the same as everybody else because you have the same dream.” She is the owner of many world records, and she also won gold when competing against able-bodied swimmers in the 1,500m freestyle at the All African Games in 2007. But there is no magic recipe(秘诀) for success. It all comes down to hard work and determination. “She is stubborn, which is good and bad,” said her coach Karoly Von Toros. “Good for the swimming, but bad for the coach.” There is a poem that hangs on her wall that reads:The tragedy (悲剧)of life does not lie in not The tragedy of life lies in not having goals to reach for.小题1: Natalie du Tiot is a vivid example that____________________.A.you are what you believeB.your biggest enemy is yourselfC.results are not so important as the processD.you must set reasonable goals or you will fail小题2:According to the text , Natalie du Tiot became________________.A.the first athlete to compete with able-bodied swimmers in the worldB.the youngest disabled swimmer to break the world record in the 1,500m freestyleC.the youngese disabled swimmer to collect three golds in a single ParalympicsD.the first swimmer to compete in both the Olympic Games and the Paralympics小题3:Which of the following is the correct order of the events that happened to Natalie du Tiot? a. She won gold at the All Africa Games. b. She finished 16th in the tough 10km marathon in the Olympics c. She adjusted herself to long events. d. A motorcycle accident disabled her.A.cdabB.dcbaC.dcabD.dacb小题4:In dark moments it was_______________ that pushed her on.A.her coachB.her familyC.hope and faithD.her love of swimming
第三部分:阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)阅读下列短文,从每题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。 “Dad! He took a book without paying!” I yelled . My father looked surprised. Before the boy could say anything, his mother grabbed his arm and shook it. “Is it true? You stole? Tell me!” Everyone was quiet. The boy began to cry, and he nodded his head. He pulled out the comic book (漫画书) from under his shirt.& “Oh, Mr. Kim. I am sorry! My Ted made a big mistake!” Mrs. Diaz told my father. She tried to take the comic book, but Ted wouldn’t let go.
“It’s OK. He can keep it,” my father said with a smile.
“Oh no,” Mrs. Diaz said. “Let me pay right now ...” She dug in her purse. “How much?”
“Three seventy-five.”
Mrs. Diaz’s eyes widened, and she dug deeper. I saw her mouth make a small line. “Three seventy-five?” she asked.&& “It’s OK. You can pay later,” my father said.
“No,” Mrs. Diaz said. She kept looking in her purse. “I have money here.” I felt bad for yelling, for I realized that Ted had tried to steal the comic book because he didn’t have the money. Maybe the boy could have a job, I thought. I had an idea.
“What if he worked with me?” I asked. They turned to me. I said, “He can work with me to pay for the comic book.” “Good,” my father said smiling at me. Mrs. Diaz nodded. She turned to her son, “You hear? You will work and buy the comic book!”&& “Yes, Mama,” Ted said, hanging his head.
As they left, Ted looked back, and though he still seemed sad, he stuck out (伸出) his tongue at me.
Ted has been working here for two weeks. He has paid for the comic book, but my father says he is such a good worker that he can work with me as long as he wants. We are friends now.&56. Where did the story most probably take place?&A. In a classroom. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. In a supermarket.&&C. At a bookstore. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. At a library.&57. By saying “but Ted wouldn’t let go” in Paragraph 4, the author means Ted ______. A. took the book by mistake&&&&& B. wanted to keep the bookC. didn’t want to go home&&&&&&& D. didn’t think he was wrong 58. From the underlined sentences in the eighth paragraph, we may infer that Mrs. Diaz ______.&A. didn’t think her son stole the book B. had been out of work for a long time C. forgot to take money with her that day D. couldn’t afford to pay for the book59. In the last paragraph, what does the author mainly tell?A. His idea was successful.&&&&&&& B. Ted didn’t like the job.C. He liked Ted very much.&&&&&&& D. Ted was a naughty boy.
I used to be a mortgage broker(贷款中间人) in the Phoenix area. In April 2007, the company that I had been with for a year went out of business. That was the latest of the four companies that I had worked for since 2000 .They all either went under or let most of the employees go, including me. In December 2007, the bank took back my house, and I had no choice but to move in with my parents, five miles away. My sister has three children, and she had no room. My fiancée(未婚妻), Brandi Wetch, and I have been living in my parents’ house for about a year and a half now. My mother, Sue, works part-time at a high school library. My father left for a job in the Marshall Islands a few months ago and will be gone for two years.
I’m trying to be patient with finding a new job, but it’s been hard. I check the Internet for jobs every morning. I have sent countless letters but have never got a job. I have no idea how many other people are applying for the same job. I do the housework and washing, and I take care of the garden. Sometimes, I feel like the best part of my life is over. The worst part of the day is when I chat with my friends on the Internet. I’ve talked to about 10 old friends online. The first thing they usually ask is what I’m doing now. My mother, who is in her 60s, has been so patient and supportive. She acts like she’s happy to have us, not like we’re crowding her. We have learned what’s important since I lived here.小题1: We can infer that the writer is living a _________ life.A.busy B.rich C.difficult D.hopeful小题2: How long has the writer been out of work?A.For more than a year B.For a year and a halfC.For less than two years D.For more than two years小题3:Which of the following types of work is NOT done by the writer in his parents’ house?A.Looking after children B.Doing the housework. C.Washing clothes and dishesD.Applying for a job online.小题4:It can be learned from the passage that the writer now________.A.is preparing for his wedding B.is fond of doing the housework C.is patient with job-hunting D.is afraid of being asked about work
There was once a farmer who had a fine orchard (果园). He worked very hard all his life and the orchard always did well. But he knew that his three sons looked down upon farm work, and were only interested in getting rich quickly.When the farmer was old and knew he was going to die, he called his three sons to him and said, “My sons, there’s a lot of gold hidden in the orchard. Dig for it, if you want to have it.” The sons tried to get him to tell them the exact place where the gold was hidden, but he said nothing more.After the farmer was dead, the sons went to look for the gold. Since they didn’t know where the hiding-place was, they decided to begin digging all over the orchard, They dug and dug, but no gold was found. Finally they had to give up the attempt.The next summer, the fruit crop was the biggest they had ever had. This was because of the thorough digging the orchard had got.When the three sons saw the great amount of money they got after they sold the fruit, they suddenly understood what their wise father had meant when he said “There’s gold hidden in the orchard. Dig for it.”72. When the old farmer was living, ____________.A. the orchard gave rich crops each yearB. the orchard gave rich crops only when the weather conditions were goodC. the orchard had an average crop&&&&&&D. the fruit crop was usually poor73. Which of the following statements is true?A. The farmer’s sons were lazy and had never worked on the farm&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. The farmer’s sons did a lot of buying and selling in town so as to get rich quickly.C. The farmer’s sons loved farm work, because their father, who was hardworking all his life, had told them to work hard.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. The farmer’s sons considered farm work worthless.74. When the sons asked their father to tell them the exact place where the gold was hidden, he told them nothing, because _________.A. he was dying&&&&&&&&&&&B. he thought they understood what he meantC. he wanted them to dig the orchard all over&&&&&&&&D. the gold could easily be found75. No gold was found because ___________. A. the farmer’s sons hadn’t dug the orchard deep enough B. the gold had been stolen C. the farmer’s sons didn’t know in what part of the orchard the gold was hidden. D. there was no gold hidden in the orchard.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号}

我要回帖

更多关于 the witness 攻略 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信