【最新】外研版英语七年级下册Module2 What can you do- 单元练习
||暂无简介
总评分3.1|
浏览量2315981
试读已结束,如果需要继续阅读或下载,敬请购买
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢Career Coaching - What Would Dave Do? - BabyCenter
Please click
if you are not redirected within a few seconds.
This site requires Javascript enabled on the web browser.
advertisement
advertisement
Career Coaching - What Would Dave Do?
Posted 01/16/2010
I'll have to give some background to explain and it'll probably end up being a long post, but please bear with me.  We really need some advice from other people who are also being "weird."
I don't want to bore with the details, but I'm currently unemployed, but will start working at a temp job next week that pays less than I'm used to and offers no benefits, but will keep us headed in the right direction..
Last week, I interviewed with an agency in my job search... and had a follow up interview that required my husband coming.  The company only works with mid- to high-level professionals making more than 55k/year and targets positions between 70 and 95k/year.  They only accept people that they are confident they can place in positions at that level and their program offers full career coaching starting with extensive personality and skills assessments and extending to determining what the best position fit is, even if it is not inside your current field of expertise, and building the interview/negotiation skills to close the deal with the right company.  They only accept 11 new clients a month and each person works with the career coach and two additional professionals who are actively seeking the right opportunity with the right company.  The agreement extends for two years and includes support after placement which would include finding something else if you decide the job isn't a good fit and helping you to negotiate the best performance reviews and raises at the one year review period.  The problem is the cost.... $3,500 up front. ( I did check BBB and they are both legit and well rated).
My husband is not sold on it.  He doesn't see why I can't just be happy to have a job at all and go on about life.  I'm terribly unhappy with my current career path, though.  I haven't really been happy in a single job in the 6 years I've been out of college.  I do a great job at what I do and have a strong track record of success and advancement, but that isn't enough to make me happy.... and my family life stinks because I come home in a crappy mood every day.  I see this as a great opportunity to be HAPPY and make awesome money... he sees it as an unnecessary expense.
So here's my analysis:  If we use our tax refund, we'll have enough to EITHER pay for the career coaching, or pay off one of our 4 remaining debt items.  I want to do the career coaching because I would be going from 40-50k/year and unhappy to 55+/year and happy.  He wants to put it toward debt and keep on keeping on until we're debt free... at our current rate, that will be in about 2 years.... BUT if I were to be making even "only" 55k/year, the lowest salary they will entertain, we would be debt free in only 1 year (or less if more money!) from the time that I started the new job.... AND I could be happy in my career path and at home... AND we would have more money for family, retirement, education funds, etc. etc.
Here's the question: Would Dave pay the career coach or pay down debt?  And if the answer is career coach, how do you get husband completely on board? OR if pay down debt is the answer, how do I keep on keeping on without being depressed and frustrated all the time and taking it out on my family?
Thanks for reading all this and for your insight!!!
~& Linda& ~&Married&the Love of my Life 6/2007&~~DS 1/1999&~&DD 4/2009~We're living like no one else now so that later we can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!!!
<div class="reaction_count_value reaction_count_position0" id="reaction_hug_total_
Posted 01/16/2010
I'm not sure I would trust something like this.&#160; It sounds just like the talent agency who wanted us to pay them $3000 before my dd
(dear daughter) could be considered for any modeling jobs.&#160; So, do you get your money back if they don't find you a job within a certain amount of time?
Posted 01/16/2010
That is a tough one.&#160; Going on the premise that the career coaching is totally legitimate and will deliver as promised, I would probably go for that.&#160; You are talking about the rest of your working life if you plan to work to retirement and that is too long to be miserable with what you do.&#160; You would make up the difference in salary within months to pay for the class.&#160; I would research and talk to others that have done the program and see what they have to say about it.&#160; Did it work for them and did they get what was promised.&#160; Do you have a contract outlining all the terms so you have legal standing.&#160; I am not sure how to convince DH
(dear husband) except to restate how miserable you are. Did he ever have a job he&#160;hated?&#160; Maybe you could remind him how he felt.&#160; It sounds like you don't have a lot of debt to pay off and as long as you can pay your basic bills, I don't&#160;see why you can't do this.&#160;Good luck.
Tina&(49) DH (51) Mom to&DS 15, DD 14, DS&9&and DS 7&
Posted 01/16/2010
Take it from someone who makes 180K+ per year.&#160; It's the job that matters, not the money.&#160; I've been offered those "deals" in the past where if I pay a career coach I will find something that fulfills me.&#160; If you do what you love the money will come.&#160; Sounds like you are just in the wrong job.&#160; If the issue is that you don't know what you want to do, that is a different thing.&#160; You don't need to spend that much money to find that out though.&#160; Perhaps informational interviews where you interview people who are doing the job that you think you would be interested in to learn more about it and the skills required to be successful in it.&#160; Plus researching online and in books (library) about different jobs.
I took a new job for 20K less with the hope that it is a better fit for me.&#160; I start on Tuesday.
Good luck!
Jacob & Daniella (9/10/08) - born at 32 weeks and thriving!!
Last edited 01/16/2010
They are very legit. I've googled like crazy and she is reputable and the company very successful at its job.&#160; Further, I contacted a few people that had blogged about their success with her and have had extremely good responses.&#160; They have a contract guaranteeing the two year commitment, but, of course, they can't guarantee they can get you a job... but from what I can tell, they've only not succeeded in doing that 10 times in 3 years... so in that time, they've had more than 350 success stories.&#160; AND they offered a partial refund to all of the 10 that they weren't completely successful with.
We do have a lot of debt, actually... almost $35,000, but me being unemployed forced us to live REALLY lean... and since we've done it for two months successfully, we've committed to continue to live at the same level of lean until we're debt free... so the entire difference between my unemployment and my real wages will go to debt... about $1600/month total to&#160;debt until we're debt free!
Oh, and sadly, the problem is entirely me... I still don't know what I want to be "when I grow up." I read the 48 days to the work you love book Dave recommends, but the whole basis is knowing what you will best succeed at AND be happy at.. *sigh.* Dan Miller charges $4500 for career coaching and has a lot less of a commitment than this company.&#160;
~& Linda& ~&Married&the Love of my Life 6/2007&~~DS 1/1999&~&DD 4/2009~We're living like no one else now so that later we can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!!!
Posted 01/16/2010
Personally, I wouldnt pay someone to tell me what I want to do for a living.&#160;
It sounds like you really want this to be your door to a fulfilling career.&#160; I would suggest maybe waiting a bit to think it over...
In the mean time, I am sure there are alot of government funded programs that help you find the right job for you.&#160; And the internet is a great place to start looking up different jobs, and paths you could take.&#160;
I agree with PP
(previous poster) who said it is the job you love that makes you make more money.&#160; If you take a job paying 55K a year, but you end up hating it you probably wont advance.&#160; On the other hand, if you take a job paying not quite what you want, but you love it the odds are you will advance.&#160;
Also, if you are having trouble even thinking about what would make you happy, what things make you happy outside of work?&#160; That might be your answer....
*Kate*&&& Jacob Bryan *May 07, 2009*On my way to being healthy! 0/30 lbs lost :)I am, you know I am, I am Canadian!
Posted 01/16/2010
I'm sure there&#160;are reputible career coaches. I personally wouldn't shell out that kind of money for one, but if it truly works for you than $3,500 is a small price to pay. If it doesn't, than it's a pretty expensive lesson of what not to do.
Also can't you take personality tests etc on your own? I know there are some well regarded ones.
Posted 01/16/2010
So, what if the job that&#160; fulfills you isn't a $55k+ job? Its okay to question what you want to be when you grow up, but what if you get the job and hate that one too???
I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just asking questions.
Christen, Mommy to two sweet and stubborn little girls!&
Posted 01/16/2010
the only reason I would say that this could be a good thing is they are assisting you in finding what you are good at and would enjoy.&#160; I have seen so many of my friends and family go to school get a career and turn around and hate every minute of what they do and end up spending more money to find the right career for them.&#160;
The other part of me feels that is a lot of money to spend when you could pretty much google stuff like that online for free.&#160;
Over all you have to do what you feel will best fit you, if this is something that you think will make a huge difference in your life then money isn't an object.&#160; I am a firm believer that if you wake up in the morning and HATE going to work and doing what you are doing you need to find something else....you spend way to much time a week at work and not to enjoy it is like being in a bad marriage.&#160; You have to do what is best for YOU and no one else!
MelissaMommy to Natalie Blair Aug 2007 - m/c 7/26/11 @ 9w1d
advertisement
Related Photo Clubs
Related Groups
Please sign in
Email address:
This field is required.
This field is required.
Keep me logged in.
Badge nomination
The nominee
Please choose a badge
Tell us why
Why are you nominating this member for a badge? Please explain briefly or provide a link to support your nomination.
Please tell us why
Your nomination has been submitted.
Please be patient. It can take a week to work through the nominations and assign badges.
BabyCenter Shortcuts
BabyCenter Mobile
Our U.S. Sites
Our International Sites【最新】外研版英语七年级下册Module2 What can you do- 单元练习_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
您可以上传图片描述问题
联系电话:
请填写真实有效的信息,以便工作人员联系您,我们为您严格保密。
【最新】外研版英语七年级下册Module2 What can you do- 单元练习
||暂无简介
总评分1.8|
浏览量149319
试读已结束,如果需要继续阅读或下载,敬请购买
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢Kutless是一个宗教摇滚乐队,2000年成立于俄勒冈州波特兰。值得注意的是,他们是一个著名的被基督教团体认可的基督教摇滚乐队。乐队的成员有:Jon Micah Sumrall(领唱,吉他手)、James Mead(吉他手,和声)、Dave Luetkenhoelter(贝司手)、Jeffrey Gilbert(鼓手)、Nick De Partee(吉他手,和声),他们共有6张专辑,目前,专辑已经售出超过150万张。这首What Faith Can Do是09年同名专辑的主打。非常不错的歌曲。
收录这首MV的悦单
选择举报类型
附加描述:
要求5-500个字,您还可以输入500字
若您还有其他的意见或建议,请联系}

我要回帖

更多关于 what can i do歌词 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信