often什么thathehadhad been doingcheadbyothers

使用次数:10
入库时间:
&Terry was a middle-aged businessman. He was unsuccessful in
career and often complained that he had been fooled by others. One day he told
his wife he was __46___ disappointed(失望的) with the city that he had to leave.
&&&& So his family moved to another city. It was
Saturday _____47_____. When Terry and his wife were busy putting their things
in their new home, the lights suddenly __48______ and they had to stop work.
Terry was sorry to have ____49____ to bring along some candles. Just then he
heard light______50___ on his door.
&&&& “Who is it?” he wondered. Terry knew
____51_____ else in the new city, and this was the moment he especially hated
to be ____52_____. He opened the door impatiently. At the door was a little
____53___, shyly asking ,“Sir, do you have __54___ ? I’m your neighbour.” “No.”
answered Terry angrily. He closed the door ____55_____.
&&&& After a while the door was knocked again.
He opened it and found the same little girl outside. But this time she was
____56_____ two candles radiating (放光) red light. She said,“My grandma told me the ___57____neighbour
downstairs might need candles. She sent me here to give you these.”
&&&& At that moment Terry suddenly realized what
______58_____his failure(失败) in life. It was his indifference(冷漠) and unkindness to other people. The person who
had fooled him in life was actually nobody else ___59____himself, for his eyes
had been covered by his ___60___ mind.
(&& )46. A.
very&&&&&& &&&&& B.
so&&&&&&&&&& & C.
such&&&&&& &&&& D. rather
(&& )47. A.
morning&&& &&&&& B.
afternoon&&&& & C.
noon&&&&&& &&&& D. evening
(&& )48. A. went up&&&
&&&&& B. went out&&&&&
went by&&&& &&& D. went on
(&& )49. A.
wanted&&&& &&&&& B.
decided&&&&& && C.
forgotten&&& &&& D. remembered
(&& )50. A.
knocks&&&& &&&&& B.
calls&&&&&&&& & C.
noises&&&&& &&&& D. sounds
(&& )51. A. everybody& &&&&&& B.
anybody&&&&& & C. somebody&& &&& D.
(&& )52. A.
troubled&&& &&&&& B.
followed&&&&&
liked&&&&&& &&&& D. learned
(&& )53. A.
boy&&&&&&& &&&&& B.
girl&&&&&&&&& & C.
postman&&&& && D. shopper
(&& )54. A.
candies&&&& &&&&& B.
toys&&&&&&&& & C.
lights&&&&&& &&& D. candles
(&& )55. A.
easily&&&&& &&&&&& B.
nicely&&&& &&&&&& C. happily&&&&
&&&& D. heavily
(&& )56. A.
looking&&& &&&&&&& B.
seeing&&&&&&&
holding&&&&& && D. drawing
(&& )57. A.
poor&&&&&& &&&&& B.
kind&&&&&&&& & C.
new&&&&&&&& & D. young
(&& )58. A.
made&&&&&& &&&& B.
caused&&&&&& & C.
developed&&& && D. stopped
(&& )59. A.
besides&&&& &&&&& B. without&&&&&
&& C. but&&&&&&&& &&& D.
(&& )60. A.
open&&&&&& &&&&& B.
right&&&&&&&&& C.
warm&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
&&&&&&&&&&& BDBCA&&
&&&&&& DABDD&& &&& CCBCD &Cooco.net.cN%
如果没有找到你要的答案,请尝试下下面的试题答案搜索功能。
用户评论纠错:
&&&&&&暂无评论
我来说几句:
备课中心教案课件试卷下载Terry was a middle-aged leather trader whose repeated failures in career made him a bad-tempered and disappointed man, often complaining that he had been cheated by others. One day he told his wife he 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
&Terry was a middle-aged leather trader whoserepeated failures in career made him a bad-tempered and disappointed man, oftencomplaining that he had been cheated by others. One day he told his wife he wasso disappointed with the city that he had to leave.So his family moved to another city. It wasthe evening of a weekend. When Terry and his wife were busily engaged intidying up their new home, the lights suddenly went out and they were forced tostop work. Terry regretted to have forgotten to bring along candles and had towait helplessly in a bad mood. Just then he heard light,hesitand(犹豫的)knocks on his doorthat were clearly heard in the quiet night. “Who’s it?”he wondered.Terry didn’t know anybody in the new city, and this was the moment heespecially hated to be disturbed. He went to the door and opened itimpatiently. At the door was a little girl, asking in a shy voice,“Sir, do you have candles? I’m your neighbor.”“NO,”answered Terry rudely. He shut the door.“What a nuisance!”he grumbled(嘟囔)over it with his wife.“No sooner had wesettled down than the neighbor came to borrow things. What’ll be the next? Howbothering!” He was angry about it when the door wasknocked at again. He opened it and found the same little girl outside. But thistime she was holding two candles. She said, “My grandma told me the new neighbordownstairs might need candles. She sent me here to give you these.”Terry was struck by what he saw. When he became fully aware, hesaid,“Thank you and your grandma. God bless you!”At that moment he suddenly realized whatcaused his failure in life. It was his coldness and harshness(刻薄)with other people. Theperson who had cheated him in life was actually nobody else but himself, forhis eyes had been blurred(使模糊)by his cold mind.1.Terrydecided to move to another city because___________.&A.he wanted to earn more money thereB.he found it more challenging to live in anew placeC.he didn’t like the place where he livedD.he thought he should change his job2.Terrytreated the little girl rudely because he thought_________.&A.the neighbor would often borrow things from him laterB.he had no friends in the new cityC.she was too young to play with candlesD.he was cheated at that time3.It canbe concluded that Terry realized that he used to be_________.&A.cold and harsh&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.lazyand negativeC.friendly and kind&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.crazyand rude4.Whatwould be the best title for this passage? &A.Help others to help yourself&&&&&&& B.Lightthe candle in your heartC.Terry’s good neighbor&&&&&&&&& D.Godbless you&
【答案】1.C2.A3.A4.B&&&&&&&&&&
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
BUKHANNON, West Virginia—Two rescue teams slowly moved along a two-mile path on Monday night to the site of a coal mine explosion that trapped 13 miners, who had not been heard from since the early morning accident.
& &Meanwhile, at a nearby church, more than 250 family members and friends gathered, waiting for updates(最新报道)on the rescuers’ progress.
& The miners were trapped at about 6:30 and many families weren’t informed of the accident until about 10 a.m-more than three hours after it happened. “It’s very upsetting, but you’ve got to be patient, I guess,” said John Helms, whose brother, Terry, was trapped in the mine.
&& The trapped miners were about 260 feet underground and about 10,000 feet from the Sago Mine’s entrance, said Roger Nicholson, general counsel from International Coal Group.
&& At a late night news conference, Nicholson said one team had advanced about 4, 800 feet in the four hours since entering the mine just before 6 p.m. Another team entered the mine about 30 minutes later.
&& He said the crew was very experienced, with some members having worked underground for
30 to 35 years. The miners were equipped with about one hour of breathable oxygen each. The company has not released the names of the miners.
& &The teams test the air about every 500 feet, and have to disconnect (remove) the power to the phones they use to communicate with the surface before doing that. “ We don’t want to be energizing anything if it’s in an atmosphere with burnable gases,” Kips said.
&& The cause of the explosion was not immediately known. High levels of carbon monoxide were discovered shortly after the explosion, which delayed rescue efforts, but those levels have since subsided(减退), authorities said. According to the passage, we can infer that ________. A. all the miners who were trapped underground were still alive B. communication with the trapped miners was cut off C. the two rescue teams entered the mine at the same time D. the rescue started as soon as the accident happened
If the first team advanced at an average speed, they could dig about _______ per hour.
&&&&&& A. 1,000 feet&&&&&&&&& B. 2,400 feet&&&&&&&& C. 1,200feet&&&&&&&&&&&& D. 4,800feet
Where can the passage be seen? &A. In a magazine.&&&&&&& B. In a newspaper.&&&& C. In a science book..&& &&&D. On an advertisement.
Which of the following shows the position where the miners were trapped?
来源:学年四川省南山中学高一5月月考英语试卷(带解析)
题型:完型填空
Terry was a middle-aged leather trader whose repeated failure in career made him a depressed man, often __16__ that he had been cheated by others. One day he told his wife he was so __17__ with the city that he had to leave. So his family moved to another city. It was the evening of a weekend. When Terry and his wife were busily __18__ up their new home, the light suddenly __19__. Terry was regretful to have forgotten to bring along __20__ and had to wait __21__ in a low mood. Just then he heard light, hesitant __22__ on his door that were clearly audible (听到) in the __23__ night. “Who’s it?” he wondered, since Terry was a __24__ to this city. And this was the moment he especially hated to be __25__, so he went to the door and opened it __26__. At the door was a little girl, shyly asking, “Sir, do you have candles? I’m your neighbor. ” “No,” answered Terry in anger and shut the door __27__. “What a nuisance!” He complained over it with his wife. “No sooner had we settled down than the neighbor came to __28__ things.”After a while, the door was knocked again. He opened it and found the same girl outside. __29__ this time she was __30__ two candles, saying, “My grandma told me the new neighbor downstairs might need candles. She __31__ me here to give you these.” Terry was very __32__ by what he saw. At that moment he suddenly realized what caused his __33__ in life. It was his __34__ and harshness (刻薄) with other people. The person who had cheated him in life was __35__ nobody else but himself, for his eyes had been blurred (蒙蔽) by his unsympathetic mind.【小题1】A.complainingB.telling C.hoping D.pretending【小题2】A.pleasedB.disappointed C.exhausted D.encouraged【小题3】A.looking B.turning C.coming D.tidying【小题4】A.went onB.went down C.went out D.went through【小题5】A.candlesB.matches C.lights D.bulbs【小题6】A.happily B.patiently C.hopefully D.helplessly【小题7】A.steps B.words C.knocks D.screams【小题8】A.dark B.quiet C.noisy D.crowded【小题9】A.newcomer B.stranger C.guest D.settler【小题10】A.called B.disturbed C.watched D.offered【小题11】A.surprisingly B.delightedly C.impatiently D.willingly【小题12】A.gently B.kindly C.politely D.violently【小题13】A.lend B.sell C.harness D.borrow【小题14】A.And B.But C.So D.For【小题15】A.holding B.hiding C.fetching D.lifting【小题16】A.suggested B.commanded C.sent D.forced【小题17】A.frightened B.pleased C.puzzled D.surprised【小题18】A.failure B.success C.complaint D.determination【小题19】A.warmth B.coldness C.kindnessD.sympathy (同情)【小题20】A.doubtfully B.hardly C.actually D.nearly
来源:2014届四川省高一5月月考英语试卷(解析版)
题型:完型填空
Terry was a middle-aged leather traderwhose repeated failure in career made him a depressed man, often __16__ that hehad been cheated by others. One day he told his wife he was so __17__ with thecity that he had to leave.So his family moved to another city. It wasthe evening of a weekend. When Terry and his wife were busily __18__ up theirnew home, the light suddenly __19__. Terry was regretful to have forgotten tobring along __20__ and had to wait __21__ in a low mood. Just then he heardlight, hesitant __22__ on his door that were clearly audible (听到) in the __23__ night.“Who’s it?” he wondered, since Terry was a__24__ to this city. And this was the moment he especially hated to be __25__,so he went to the door and opened it __26__. At the door was a little girl,shyly asking, “Sir, do you have candles? I’m your neighbor. ” “No,” answeredTerry in anger and shut the door __27__. “What a nuisance!” He complained overit with his wife. “No sooner had we settled down than the neighbor came to__28__ things.”After a while, the door was knocked again.He opened it and found the same girl outside. __29__ this time she was __30__two candles, saying, “My grandma told me the new neighbor downstairs might needcandles. She __31__ me here to give you these.” Terry was very __32__ by whathe saw. At that moment he suddenly realized what caused his __33__ in life. Itwas his __34__ and harshness (刻薄) with other people. The person who had cheated him in life was__35__ nobody else but himself, for his eyes had been blurred (蒙蔽) by his unsympathetic mind.
A.complaining
B.telling
D.pretending
A.pleased
B.disappointed
C.exhausted
D.encouraged
A.looking
B.turning
D.tidying
A.went on
B.went down
C.went out
D.went through
A.candles
B.matches
A.happily
B.patiently
C.hopefully
D.helplessly
D.screams
D.crowded
A.newcomer
B.stranger
D.settler
B.disturbed
C.watched
D.offered
A.surprisingly
B.delightedly
C.impatiently
D.willingly
C.politely
D.violently
C.harness
A.holding
C.fetching
D.lifting
A.suggested
B.commanded
A.frightened
B.pleased
C.puzzled
D.surprised
A.failure
B.success
C.complaint
D.determination
B.coldness
C.kindness
D.sympathy (同情)
A.doubtfully
C.actually
来源:江苏省2010届高三考前模拟训练英语试卷
&BUKHANNON,West Virginia—Two rescue teams slowly moved along a two-mile path on Mondaynight to the site of a coal mine explosion that trapped 13 miners, who had notbeen heard from since the early morning accident. Meanwhile, at a nearbychurch, more than 250 family members and friends gathered, waiting for updates(最新报道)onthe rescuers’ progress. Theminers were trapped at about 6:30 and many families weren’t informed of theaccident until about 10 a.m-more than three hours after it happened. “It’s veryupsetting, but you’ve got to be patient, I guess,” said John Helms, whosebrother, Terry, was trapped in the mine. The trapped minerswere about 260 feet underground and about 10,000 feet from the Sago Mine’sentrance, said Roger Nicholson, general counsel from International Coal Group. Ata late night news conference, Nicholson said one team had advanced about 4, 800feet in the four hours since entering the mine just before 6 p.m. Another teamentered the mine about 30 minutes later. He said the crew wasvery experienced, with some members having worked underground for 30to 35 years. The miners were equipped with about one hour of breathable oxygeneach. The company has not released the names of the miners. The teams test the airabout every 500 feet, and have to disconnect (remove)the power to the phones they use to communicate with the surface before doingthat. “ We don’t want to be energizing anything if it’s in an atmosphere withburnable gases,” Kips said. Thecause of the explosion was not immediately known. High levels of carbonmonoxide were detected shortly after the explosion, which delayed rescueefforts, but those levels have since subsided(减退),authorities said. 1. According to thepassage, we can infer that ________. A.all the miners who were trapped underground were still alive B. communication withthe trapped miners was cut off C.the two rescue teams entered the mine at the same time D. the rescue startedas soon as the accident happened 2.If the first team advanced at an average speed, they could dig about _______per hour. A. 1,000 feet&&&&&&&& B.2,400 feet&&&&&&&&& C. 1,200feet&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.4,800feet 3.Where can the passage be seen? A. In a magazine.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.In a newspaper. C.In a science book..&&& & &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.On an advertisement. 4. Which of thefollowing shows the position where the miners were trapped? &&&
来源:学年安徽省高三第一次月考英语试题
BUKHANNON,West Virginia—Two rescue teams slowly movedalong a two-mile path on Monday night to the site of a coal mine explosion thattrapped 13 miners, who had not been heard from since the early morning accident.Meanwhile,at a nearby church, more than 250 family members and friends gathered, waitingfor updates(最新报道)on the rescuers’ progress. Theminers were trapped at about 6:30 and many families weren’t informed of the accident until about 10 a.m-more than three hoursafter it happened.“It’svery upsetting, but you’ve got to be patient, I guess,” said John Helms, whose brother, Terry, was trapped in the mine.Thetrapped miners were about 260 feet underground and about 10,000 feet from theSago Mine’s entrance, said Roger Nicholson, generalcounsel from International Coal Group. Ata late night news conference, Nicholson said one team had advanced about 4, 800feet in the four hours since entering the mine just before 6 p.m.Anotherteam entered the mine about 30 minutes later.Hesaid the crew was very experienced, with some members having worked undergroundfor 30 to 35 years.The miners were equipped with about one hour of breathable oxygeneach.The company has not released the names of theminers.Theteams test the air about every 500 feet, and have to disconnect (remove) the power to the phones they use to communicate with the surfacebefore doing that.“ We don’twant to be energizing anything if it’s in an atmosphere with burnablegases,” Kips said.Thecause of the explosion was not immediately known.High levels of carbon monoxide were discoveredshortly after the explosion, which delayed rescue efforts, but those levelshave since subsided(减退), authorities said.1.According to the passage, we caninfer that ________.&&& A.all the miners who weretrapped underground were still alive&&& B.communication with thetrapped miners was cut off&&& C.the two rescue teamsentered the mine at the same time&&& D.the rescue started as soonas the accident happened2.If the first team advanced at anaverage speed, they could dig about _______ per hour.&A.1,000 feet&&&& B.2,400 feet&&&&&&&&&& C.1,200feet&&&& && D.4,800feet3.Where can the passage be seen?&&&& A.In a magazine.&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&& B.In a newspaper.& &&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.In a science book..& &&&&&&&&&&&& D.On an advertisement.4.Which of the following shows theposition where the miners were trapped?&&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!Tom was a middle-aged leather trader whose repeated failure in career made him a depressed man, often 21 that he had been cheated by others. One day he told his wife he was so 22 with the city that he 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
Tom was a middle-aged leather trader (皮货商) whose repeated failure in career made him a depressed man, often __21_ that he had been cheated by others. One day he told his wife he was so __22__ with the city that he had to leave.So his family moved to another city. It was the evening of a weekend. When Tom and his wife were busily _23_ up their new home, the light suddenly __24_. Tom was regretful to have forgotten to bring along 25__ and had to wait _26_ in a low mood. Just then he heard light, hesitant 27_ on his door that were clearly audible (听到) in the __28__ night.“Who’s it?” he wondered, since Tom was a _29__ to this city. And this was the moment he especially hated to be __30__, so he went to the door and opened it __31_. At the door was a little girl, shyly asking, “Sir, do you have candles? I’m your neighbor. ” “No,” answered Tom in anger and shut the door __32__. “What a nuisance (麻烦事)!” He complained over it with his wife. “No sooner had we settled down than the neighbor came to _33__ things.”After a while, the door was knocked again. He opened it and found the same girl outside. __34_ this time she was _35__ two candles, saying, “My grandma told me the new neighbor downstairs might need candles. She _36_ me here to give you these.” Tom was very _37__ by what he saw. At that moment he suddenly realized what caused his _38__ in life. It was his _39_ and harshness (刻薄) with other people. The person who had cheated him in life was _40__ nobody else but himself, for his eyes had been blurred (蒙蔽) by his unsympathetic (无同情心的)mind.小题1:A.complainingB.tellingC.hopingD.pretending小题2:A. pleased&&&&&&&& B disappointed&&&&C. exhausted&&&&&&D. encouraged小题3:A.lookingB.turningC.comingD.tidying小题4:A.went onB.went downC.went outD.went through小题5:A.candlesB.matchesC.lightsD.flashlights小题6:A.happilyB.patientlyC.hopefullyD.helplessly小题7:A.stepsB.wordsC.knocksD.screams小题8:A.darkB.quietC.noisyD.crowded小题9:A.newcomerB.strangerC.guestD.settler小题10:A.calledB.disturbedC.watchedD.offered小题11:A.surprisinglyB.delightedlyC.impatientlyD.willingly小题12:A.gentlyB.kindlyC.politelyD.violently小题13:A.lendB.sellC.harnessD.borrow小题14:A.AndB.ButC.SoD.For小题15:A.holdingB.hidingC.fetchingD.lifting小题16:A.suggestedB.commandedC.sentD.forced小题17:A.frightenedB.pleasedC.puzzledD.surprised小题18:A.failureB.successC.complaintD.determination小题19:A.warmthB.coldnessC.kindnessD.nearly小题20:A.doubtfullyB.hardlyC.actuallyD.sympathy
小题1:A小题2:B小题3:D小题4:C小题5:A小题6:D小题7:C小题8:B小题9:A小题10:B小题11:C小题12:D小题13:D小题14:B小题15:A小题16:C小题17:D小题18:A小题19:B小题20:C试题分析:文章通过一个小故事告诉我们对待这个社会要热情积极,不要冷漠刻薄的看待事物,那样会让自己失败。小题1:动词辨析。由上文可知他一直都失败,没有成功,那么应该是抱怨被别人欺骗。对于这个城市他非常失望,决定搬家。小题2:形容词辨析。A开心;B失望;C筋疲力尽;D激励的。他一直都失败,没有成功,那么应该是抱怨被别人欺骗。对于这个城市他非常失望,决定搬家。小题3:动词辨析。A看;B转向;C来;D整理。根据句意可知他们是在整理自己的新家。小题4:短语辨析。A继续;B下降;C外出,熄灭;D经历;根据句意可知灯光突然熄灭。小题5:常识和上下文串联。电灯熄灭了,应该是找蜡烛来照明。小题6:副词辨析。A开心地;B耐心地;C有希望地;D绝望地。根据上下文可知电灯熄灭了,家里又没有蜡烛,他们只能绝望地等待电的重新到来。小题7:上下文串联。根据下文可知是邻居敲门送蜡烛,那么应该是有敲门声,那敲门声在安静的晚上特别清楚。小题8:形容词辨析。下文可知是邻居敲门送蜡烛,那么应该是有敲门声,那敲门声在安静的晚上特别清楚。小题9:上下文串联。他们一家是第一天来到这里,自然是newcomer.小题10:上下文串联。由上文可知他是因为生意失败,心情非常不好所以才来到一个新地方的,不希望被别人打扰。所以他很不耐烦地打开了门。小题11:副词辨析。上文可知他是因为生意失败,心情非常不好所以才来到一个新地方的,不希望被别人打扰。所以他很不耐烦地打开了门。。小题12:副词辨析。根据上下文可知他很不耐烦,应该是用力地摔门。小题13:动词辨析。根据下文可知他以为邻居来借东西的。小题14:上下文串联。根据下文可知小女孩手里拿着蜡烛,是来送蜡烛的而不是借蜡烛的,上下文是转折关系。小题15:动词辨析。A抓住;B躲藏;C去拿;D举起。解析同上。小题16:动词辨析。根据句意可知奶奶派小女孩送蜡烛来的。C正确。小题17:形容词辨析。这种情况出乎他的意料,所以他应该是很惊讶。小题18:上下文串联。根据句意可知他意识到是冷漠和刻薄导致了他的失败,让他失败的实际上正是他自己。小题19:名词辨析。他意识到是冷漠和刻薄导致了他的失败,让他失败的实际上正是他自己。小题20:副词辨析。他意识到是冷漠和刻薄导致了他的失败,让他失败的实际上正是他自己。点评:这个故事告诉我们我们对待这个社会要热情积极,不要冷漠刻薄的看待事物,那样会让自己失败。本文主要是测试学生综合运用语言的能力,即从语篇的角度综合测试阅读理解能力、词汇的掌握和对英语习惯用语的熟悉程度、以及语法规则的灵活运用。考生做题时必须时刻从上下文考虑,部应该只看到所添的词在短语或句子内是否可行。因此,在做题时最好将全文通读一下,了解了全文的意思以后再作答。
请在这里输入关键词:
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
Hope in my armsLast year, I was invited to participate in a carnival for Tuesday’s Child, an organization that helps children with AIDS.All the children that had gathered at one particular room could &&36&&a square on a piece of cloth. Later the squares would be sewn(缝) together to&&37&&a quilt. The quilt would be&&38&&to a man who had devoted his life to the&&39&&and would soon be &&40&.The kids were given paints in bright colors and asked to paint something that would make the quilt&&41&. As I looked around at all the squares, I saw pink hearts, blue clouds, orange sunrises and red flowers. The pictures were all bright and&&42&. All &&43&&one.One boy was painting a heart, but it was dark and lifeless. It&&44&&the bright colors that his fellow artists had used.I asked why. He told me that he was very &&45&&and so was his mom. He said that his sickness was not ever going to get better and neither was his mom’s. He looked &&46&&into my eyes and said, “There is no hope in my life.”I told him I was sorry and I could understand why he had made his heart a dark color. I told him that &&47&&we couldn’t make him better, we can give&&48&, which can really help when you are feeling sad. I told him that if he would like, I would be &&49&&to give him one so he could see what I meant.&&50&, he crawled into my lap. I thought my own heart would burst for this sweet little boy.He sat there for a long time. Finally he&&51&&down to finish his coloring.As I was getting ready to&&52&&home, I felt a tug (猛拽) on my jacket. Standing there was the little boy,&&53&. He said, “My heart is changing&&54&. It is getting brighter. I think those hugs really do&&55&.”On my way home I felt my own heart. It too had changed to a brighter color.小题1:A.findB.paintC.cutD.draw小题2:A.foldB.becomeC.spreadD.make小题3:A.presented B.soldC.lentD.thrown小题4:A.educationB.countryC.organizationD.neighborhood小题5:A.dyingB.comingC.visitingD.retiring小题6:A.beautifulB.strongC.newD.comfortable小题7:A.emptyB.puzzlingC.confusingD.inspiring小题8:A.withoutB.besidesC.exceptD.beside小题9:A.neededB.lackedC.containedD.showed小题10:A.curiousB.disappointedC.angryD.sick小题11:A.forwardB.stillC.straightD.even小题12:A.so thatB.as long asC.even thoughD.as though小题13:A.hugsB.smilesC.prizesD.lessons小题14:A.sorryB.happyC.eagerD.relaxed小题15:A.SuddenlyB.QuicklyC.UnwillinglyD.Slowly小题16:A.slowedB.jumpedC.slippedD.fell小题17:A.leaveB.stayC.headD.arrive小题18:A.smilingB.cryingC.dancingD.glaring小题19:A.shapeB.colorC.weightD.form小题20:A.fitB.hurtC.failD.work
When middle-aged Alex quit his job and made up his mind to become a self-employed writer, no one could tell for sure whether he would succeed or not. He found a cold storage room in a building, set up a used typewriter and settled down to work. After a year or so, however, Alex began to doubt himself. He found it was difficult to earn his living by selling what he wrote. But Alex determined to put his dream to the test—even though it meant living with uncertainty and fear of failure. This is the shadowland (虚幻世界) of hope, and anyone with a dream must learn to live there.One day Alex got a call,“We need an assistant, and we’re paying $6,000 a year.” $6,000 was real money in 1960. It would enable Alex to get a nice apartment ,a used car and more. Besides, he could write in his spare time. As the dollars were dancing in Alex’s head, something cleared his senses. He had dreamed of being a writer--full time. “Thanks, but no,” Alex said firmly and swiftly, “I’m going to stick it out and write.”After Alex got off the phone, he pulled out everything he had: two cans of vegetables and 18 cents. Alex put the cans and cents into a paper bag, saying to himself, “There’s everything you’ve made of yourself so far. I’m not sure I ever felt so low.”Finally his work was published in 1970.Instantly he had the kind of fame and success that few writers ever experience. The shadows had turned into focus of attention.Then one day, Alex found a box filled with things he had owned years before. Inside was a paper bag with two cans and 18 cents. Suddenly he pictured himself working in that cold storage room. It reminds Alex, and anyone with a dream, of the courage and persistence(坚毅) it takes to stay the course(持续到底) in the shadowland.小题1:Why did Alex give up his job?A.Because he didn’t like the working conditions.B.Because he couldn’t earn enough to make a living.C.Because he wanted to be a full-time writer. D.Because he felt he had no potential in his job.小题2:What did Alex express when he answered the call?A.He refused the job offer.B.He was willing to give them a hand.C.He expected them to pay him more money.D.He would write in his spare time.小题3:What kind of person is Alex?A.determinedB.modestC.shyD.brave小题4:Which of the following can summarize the passage best?A.Look before you leapB.Two heads are better than one.C.Hold on to your dream, and it will come true. D.A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
A very little boy was spending his Saturday morning playing in his sandbox. He had with him a plastic pail (桶) and a shiny, red plastic shovel (铲). In the&&1&&of creating roads and tunnels in the sand, he&& 2&&a large rock in the middle of the sandbox.The boy dug around the rock, &3&&to move it off the dirt. At first, he wanted to carry it out of the sa however, it was too heavy. Later, with much &&4&, he pushed the rock across the sandbox by &&5 &his hands. When the boy got the rock to the &&6&&of the sandbox, he found that he couldn’t roll it up and &&7&&the little wall. &&8&, the little boy pushed, but every time he thought he had made some &&9&, the rock tipped (翻滚) and then fell back into the sandbox. The little boy pushed and pushed, but his only &&10&&was to have the rock roll back.Finally he &11&&tears. All this time the boy’s father watched from his living room window &&12&&the drama was unfolded. The moment the tears fell, a large &&13&&appeared across the sandbox. It was the boy’s father. Gently but &&14&, he said, “Son, why didn’t you use all the strength that you had?”Defeated, the boy &&15&&back, “I did! I did! I used all the strength that I had!”“No, you didn’t. You didn’t ask me for help.” The father &&16&&down, picked up the rock and dropped it off the sandbox.Do you have “rocks” in your life that need to be &&17&? Are you discovering that you don’t have &&18&&it takes to lift them? There is someone who is willing to give us the &19&&we need. Maybe, it’s sometimes a good idea to ask others for &&20&&when we meet difficulties we can’t overcome.小题1:A.methodB.stepC.practiceD.process小题2:A.createdB.setC.discoveredD.brought小题3:A.tryingB.managingC.decidingD.competing小题4:A.thoughtB.struggleC.movementD.worry小题5:A.touchingB.shaking C.usingD.controlling小题6:A.bottomB.centerC.edgeD.front小题7:A.overB.downC.throughD.into小题8:A.DoubtedB.SurprisedC.PleasedD.Determined小题9:A.attemptB.progressC.effortD.decision小题10:A.hopeB.rewardC.pointD.purpose小题11:A.made outB.broke outC.burst intoD.rushed into小题12:A.soB.asC.untilD.before小题13:A.rockB.pictureC.figureD.shade小题14:A.surprisinglyB.doubtfullyC.kindlyD.firmly小题15:A.shoutedB.smiledC.calledD.asked小题16:A.reachedB.lookedC.fellD.put小题17:A.pushedB.dropped C.carriedD.removed小题18:A.whoB.whatC.whichD.where小题19:A.mindsB.spirits C.forceD.strength小题20:A.helpB.tipsC.adviceD.ideas
One day I was doing a big clean-up when I&& 36&&a knotted handkerchief with an old dark brown coin inside. I took one look and immediately &&&37 &&an unforgettable time.In 1991, I had spent five months in Niger, with sandstorms and great heat. Its &&&38 &&and beggars were my biggest and most constant complaint. Street beggars would continually reached out their hands, shouting “Gift! Gift!”One day, I &&39 &&for neighboring Burkina to work in a health clinic.Arriving by taxi at our destination in Burkina, we began to &&40 &. Out of the darkness, a motorbike with two men approached slowly. Without &&41 &, one of the men grabbed my daypack as the motorbike swept close by. Within seconds, the two were out of sight, &&42 &&up by the night.The bag had my passport, money, traveler’s cheques, camera, an airline ticket and other things &&43 &&to me. I was in deep trouble.In the weeks that followed, I &&44 &guarded the rest of my valuables and regarded all &&45 &&with suspicion. All I wanted was to leave this place.Then, walking through Burkina’s streets, I met with an old woman, “Gift! Gift!” she cried. I’d had enough. I was &&46 &of the country: its poverty, its thieves, the heat, and the dust, I told her angrily, “A thief stole all my money and now I can’t &&47 &&out of your country. I cannot give you anything”.The beggar woman listened attentively and &&48 &&my words. Then she reached &&49 &&the folds of her dress.“Then I will give you a gift”, she announced. Kindly, she placed and old, dark brown coin in my hand. I looked at it in &&50 &. It was a very small amount of money – but for this woman, the coin &&51 &&a meal. At that moment, I felt a shame. In spite of the &&52 &, she was able to give me something priceless.I saw then the &&53 &beauty of the people of Burkina, and appreciated deeply the quiet &&54 &&of the poor. With the old woman’s gift, I hope never to part with the coin she gave me. With one small coin, she &&55 &&my concept completely.小题1:A.cared aboutB.came acrossC.looked forD.focused upon小题2:A.presentedB.gaveC.recalledD.reminded小题3:A.trafficB.dustC.noiseD.climate小题4:A.headedB.struggledC.stoodD.came小题5:A.moveB.unloadC.hideD.pass小题6:A.warningB.planningC.thinkingD.arranging小题7:A.hungB.putC.swallowedD.cleared小题8:A.obviousB.expensiveC.familiarD.previous小题9:A.elegantlyB.cautiouslyC.dependentlyD.frequently小题10:A.localsB.thievesC.beggarsD.motorbikes小题11:A.proudB.consciousC.sickD.aware小题12:A.getB.runC.comeD.rush小题13:A.attended toB.looked upC.thought aboutD.wrote down小题14:A.forB.intoC.outD.at小题15:A.orderB.vainC.serveD.shock小题16:A.meantB.madeC.servedD.suggested小题17:A.dirtinessB.povertyC.kindnessD.safety小题18:A.updatedB.unfoldedC.brokenD.unexpected小题19:A.momentB.actionC.dignityD.life小题20:A.changedB.damagedC.foundD.accepted
Saturday, June 16th&&In the morning, we went camping along a path in Green Natural Park. We were happy because it was a sunny day. We were expecting an enjoyable two-day holiday. On the way, we kept singing and making jokes.However, in the afternoon, when we finished our picnic at one o’clock, it was dark and windy. Soon, there was a shower. Unluckily, none of us brought an umbrella. We ran about but we could find no place to hide.Twenty minutes passed and it was still raining, There were hours to go before we reached the campsite (野营地). It was even worse that our small compass (指南针) showed that we went to the wrong way. We had lost our way!&We had to make a quick decision as it was raining heavily. Chris said we could set up a tent to hide in, so Mary and Tom helped to set up the tent. Chris and I tried to make a fire to keep us warm. But we were unable to light the fire, as everything was wet. We dried ourselves, chatted and waited inside the tent. At about five o’clock, it stopped raining. We decided to give up the camping trip because all of us had been very tired.This camping trip may not be very successful but we know each other better. And the most important thing I’ve learned from this trip is the importance of team spirit.小题1:The writer went camping in Green Natural Park &&&&&&&&&&&.A.in JuneB.for 2 daysC.for 4 hourD.in the afternoon小题2:It was even worse that they &&&&&&&&&&&.A.had no picnicB.couldn’t light the fireC.lost their wayD.couldn’t know each other小题3:Chris suggested that they should &&&&&&&&&&&&in the rain.A.set up a tentB.reach the campsiteC.keep singingD.find a place to hide小题4:Which of the following is NOT true?A.It was sunny in the morning.B.None of them had an umbrella.C.They gave up the camping at last.D.They ran about to dry themselves.
The story goes that some time ago, a man punished his 3-year-old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper.Money was tight and he became infuriated(愤怒的) when the child tried to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree.Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said, “This is for you, Daddy.” The man was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he found out the box was empty.He yelled at her, stating, “Don't you know, when you give someone a present, there is supposed to be something inside?” The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and cried, “Oh, Daddy, it’s not empty at all.I blew kisses into the box. They’re all for you, Daddy.”The father was crushed.He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged for her forgiveness.Only a short time later, an accident took the life of the child.It is also told that her father kept that gold box by his bed for many years and, whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.In a very real sense, each one of us, as humans beings, have been given a gold container filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, family members, friends, and God.There is simply no other possession, anyone could hold, more precious than this.小题1:The 3-year-old girl was punished by her father for ________.A.decorating a boxB.wasting wrapping paper C.putting the box under the Christmas treeD.bringing the gift to her father小题2:The father remembered the love of his daughter by ________.A.kissing the gold boxB.putting gold into the box.C.taking out an imaginary kiss from the box.D.keeping the little girl’s ash box by his bed.小题3:What’s the best title for the passage?A.The kisses in the boxB.A girl and his fatherC.A love storyD.The box under the Christmas tree
A little boy had the job of coming to school early each day to start the fire and warm the room before his teacher and his classmates arrived. One& 1&they arrived to find the schoolhouse was on fire. They dragged(拖) the senseless(无意识的) little boy out of the burning building more dead than alive. The doctor told his mother that her son would surely& 2& .But the brave boy didn’t want to die. He made up his& 3&that he would survive somehow, and to the amazement of the doctor, he did survive. When the& 4&was past, the mother was told that he would be a lifetime cripple(跛子) with no& 5&&of the lower part of his body at all.Once more, the brave boy made up his mind. He would not be a& 6& . He would walk. But unfortunately from the waist down, he had no motor(运动神经的) ability. His thin legs were all but lifeless. Finally he returned from the& 7& . Every day his mother would massages(按摩) his little& 8&, but there was no feeling. Yet his& 9&&that he would walk was as strong as ever.One sunny day his mother wheeled him out into the& 10&to get some fresh air. This day, instead of sitting there, he threw himself from the chair. He pulled himself across the grass, dragging his legs behind him. He walked his way to the white &&11 .With great& 12&, he raised himself up on the fence(篱笆) . Then, he began dragging himself along the fence and& 13&&that he would walk. He started to do this every day until he wore a smooth path all around the yard beside the fence.& 14&&through his daily massages and his iron determination, he did& 15&the ability to stand up, then to walk by himself and then to run. This determined young man, Dr Glenn Cunningham, ran the world’s fastest mile!小题1:A.afternoonB.eveningC.noonD.morning小题2:A.die B.surviveC.failD.recover小题3:A.mindB.heartC.ideaD.view小题4:A.disease B.disasterC.dangerD.failure小题5:A.effectB.useC.goodD.work小题6:A.crippleB.patientC.troubleD.winner小题7:A.schoolB.homeC.factoryD.hospital小题8:A.handsB.legsC.armsD.feet小题9:A.decisionB.dreamC.promiseD.determination小题10:A.streetB.schoolC.yardD.shop小题11:A.fenceB.wallC.housesD.door小题12:A.jobB.timeC.effortD.success小题13:A.promisedB.decidedC.insistedD.predicted小题14:A.FranklyB.FinallyC.ActuallyD.Secondly小题15:A.buildB.improveC.chooseD.develop
Years ago I had the opportunity to meet a girl who strengthened my understanding of the power of belief. She was __36___ the most powerful individual I had ever met. I met Chris for the first time while taking the Dale Carnegie __37___ in California. Our class had already been going for quite some time when ___38___, supported by metal crutches(拐杖), ___39__ herself in. Chris had cerebral palsy(大脑性麻痹). She had much ___40___ in communicating with others. This was not due to ___41___ of desire, but because most of her twenty-one years of life she had been kept in a room with no more than Elvis records and tapes to __42___ her. No one had taken the time to assist her in developing the ability to ___43___. It was Bonnie, her present caretaker, who ___44___ there was much more to Chris than anyone else could see.
When asked by the instructor what her goal ___45___ the twelve-week course was, Chris struggled to respond and became frustrated and ____46___ in the process. For most of her ___47___ nobody would listen to her. The only way she knew to get someone to ___48___ was through temper outbursts(发脾气). With Bonnie as her interpreter, Chris conveyed that her ___49___ was to be able to stand by herself in front of forty-five people and tell us about herself. On the twelfth week, Chris stood in front of the room and ___50___ with us, in her own words, what her life had been like. It was one of the most beautiful and enlightening experiences I had ever ___51____. Though as a girl who had in many ways been ____52___, she believed that she could ___53___ more in her life and she did. And she also had the love and support of forty-five friends, who, just weeks before, had been ____54___ strangers. What we all witnessed through Chris’ courage is that life is ____55___ moment by moment, based on our beliefs, which are relevant to both our personal and professional direction and have the power to make our wildest dreams come true.小题1:A.luckilyB.naturallyC.formallyD.probably小题2:A.breakB.courseC.houseD.chance小题3:A.someoneB.heC.herselfD.she小题4:A.ranB.rushedC.draggedD.jumped小题5:A.difficultyB.conceptC.disagreementD.suggestion小题6:A.lackB.needC.noticeD.cheer小题7:A.impressB.entertainC.calmD.annoy小题8:A.walkB.pronounceC.communicateD.write小题9:A.knewB.askedC.spokeD.required小题10:A.atB.forC.onD.in小题11:A.gratefulB.surprisedC.angryD.noisy小题12:A.wayB.processC.operationD.life小题13:A.watchB.smileC.listenD.understand小题14:A.classB.goalC.abilityD.reason小题15:A.beganB.agreedC.foundD.shared小题16:A.arguedB.attendedC.witnessedD.accepted小题17:A.found outB.thrown awayC.brought upD.held out小题18:A.giveB.accomplishC.spendD.accompany小题19:A.completeB.necessaryC.enoughD.typical小题20:A.calledB.carriedC.searchedD.created
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!}

我要回帖

更多关于 had been to 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信