for it i will keep my eyes on iton trying中文意思

请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:学习高手必修四英语外研版 外研版
  This story took place in France during World War Ⅱ.At the edge of the forest lived a French girl named Marie.She spent her time looking   1   goats in the forest.
  One day, she was sitting on a fallen tree,   2   she heard a voice from behind the bush.It said, “Don’t look around, but listen   3  .You know the little window in the roof over your bed and hold your   4   lamp just under the window for ten minutes.And then put   5   the light and go to sleep.”
  She did   6   the unseen man told her.She could hear a plane flying round and round   7   her cottage.“I’m helping the plane!” Marie said to   8  .
  At that time thousands of French people were   9   in the forests and mountains to resist the Germans.They were in need of food and weapons, which had to be   10   to them from planes coming from England.In this way, Marie carried out   11  .
  One morning Marie met the owner of the voice, a young French soldier.He sat near her and said, “Thank you, Marie, for what you have done.Tonight is very important.Things of great   12   will be dropped and the light must be shown at 3 o’clock in the morning.Can you keep   13   till then?” “I’ll not   14  ,” Marie answered.Night fell.Two   15   soldiers burst in, gun in hand.They searched the cottage and remained in her room and she was   16   to go outside.She sat still, wondering what she could do.She couldn’t stand on the bed to show the light.She remembered her   17   to the French soldier.The enemies were asleep.Just then she had an idea.Noiselessly she got out of the room and   18   fire to the hay.In a moment the cottage was burning.She ran   19   the forest.In the morning, the French soldier came.“You’ve done well, Marie,” he said, “You did not fail.The plane   20   us what we need.Your parents are safe.Come and join us.”
the unknown man
the French soldier
the stranger
来源:学年北京东城区高三下学期第二次联考英语卷
题型:阅读理解
Eat to ExcelHow fit are you? Do you look after yourself? Do you eat healthily or do you eat anything you like? Premier League football club Aston Villa are encouraging their players and local children to eat healthy food. They know that what you eat is the key to success. How fit is a footballer?Could you run ten kilometers in 90 minutes? A professional footballer can. Footballers have to be strong, quick, skillful and creative in their moves. Every Premier League club makes sure it has a good coaching scheme and a well-planned fitness program. They also ensure that players have the practice and training that will prepare them for matches. What else do you think clubs pay special attention to? A good stadium? Anything else? What about the food they eat?Eating the right thingA good diet is a fundamental part of sport these days. Aston Villa manager Martin O’Neill’s sport and health experts have chosen a secret weapon --- organic food (food grown without chemicals). Fitness manager Jim Henry eats with his players and said: “I chose to switch to organic food for Aston Villa because I’ve read studies showing that organic food has higher levels of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.” He believes that the best way to get these is to eat the very best fresh food. What to eat after the match Head chef at Aston Villa, lan Edge, feeds players with the best food as soon as they finish an away match. He says: “Food is very important to sports stars and particularly after a game. There is an hour of opportunity when they need to eat to get the best muscle strength, so I hand out meals on the coach on the way home. If we can make one per cent difference to the players by using organic food, then it is worth it.”Teaching healthy eating Everyone at Aston Villa enjoys organic food at their training ground. But the club is also worried about the unhealthy diet among local children who prefer sweets and unhealthy fast food. As part of their work in the community, Aston Villa has opened up their kitchen and invited children from local schools to come and learn how to cook with the help of the Villa head chef. Villa midfielder, Nigel ReoCoker, visited the children on the opening day. “The kitchen promotes healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle.” he said.A final word from the kitchenHead chef Ian says: “Footballers know how important food is to their profession and nine times out of ten, they go for the healthiest option.” Do you watch your diet? If you do and you keep yourself fit, you can be a winner!【小题1】Every Premier League Club provides footballers with ______________.A.a good coach B.a fitness centerC.proper practice and trainingD.a delicious diet【小题2】According to Jim Henry, ___________________.A.he believes the studies he has read about organic foodB.he will only eat organic food with his playersC.he thinks food is especially important after a gameD.he chose organic food as a secret weapon for footballers【小题3】We can learn from the passage that ___________________.A.people can make one percent difference to players by using organic foodB.only a few footballers pay attention to the healthy eatingC.footballers in Aston Villa usually eat on their way to the matchD.footballers in Aston Villa usually eat some food within an hour after a match.【小题4】Why has Aston Villa invited children from local schools?A.Because they want to teach kids how to cook delicious food.B.Because they want to teach kids to play football.C.Because they are fond of the kids in the community.D.Because they intend to promote healthy eating.
来源:学年江苏省高二下学期期中考试(英语)
One would have to be a fool to overlook the
importance of using positive thinking for you rather than allowing negative
thinking to work against you. In recent years, research in psychopharmacology (精神药理学) has proved what many
people have known over the centuries: a positive attitude is good for you, good
for your health, good for your wealth, good for everything. Researchers found
that a positive attitude produces a specific chemical reaction which makes
people feel better, while negative thinking results in a decline of hormone (荷尔蒙) and shuts down the immune (免疫的) system. This leads to
illness and depression. Positive thoughts will make you feel better. Even if
you must begin by literally forcing yourself to be positive (faking it, so to
speak), it will become contagious (会传播的) and the positive thoughts will generate nice little
w*w^w..c~o*mchemicals and good feelings which will reinforce the positive
thoughts.
For example, if you force yourself to smile
or laugh, even when you don't feel like smiling or laughing, if you keep at it
for a few minutes, you will soon feel like it. Feelings can generate thoughts,
but thoughts can also generate feelings. Control your thoughts and you can
control your feelings. Positive thinking is important in all aspects of our
lives. There is probably no single factor more important in determining your
success in achieving your career objectives than your own attitude.
It's often been said that in the land of
the blind, the one-eyed man is king. And in the office of militant (好战) negativism, the positive
workers shine like gold. You cannot control external events, but you can learn
to control your reaction to those events and thereby have a positive attitude
and be happy. This vital key to success is totally within your control. Use it.
67. We can infer from the passage
that&&&&&&&& .
A. positive thinking can cure you of your
diseases
B. positive thinking can easily be
generated by anyone
C. a decline of hormone may cause you to be
depressed
D. a specific chemical reaction is the
cause of negative thinking
68. According to the passage, which of the
following is true?
A. Feeling and thoughts can generate each
other.
B. It's easier to control thoughts than to
control feelings.
C. Your success depends wholly on your
attitude.
D. Keeping smiling will surely make you
successful.
69. Just like a one-eyed man in the land of
the blind, you
should&&&&&&&&&&&&&
A. take positive attitude in the office of
militant negativism
B. be king in your office
C. pay no attention to what is going on
around you
D. control your feeling to what is
happening to you
70. The best title to the passage
is&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
A. the Bad Effect of Negative
Thinking&&&& B. Why Should People Think
C. Positive Thinking Benefits
People&&&&&&& D. Thinking: The Vital Way
来源:学年福建省南安一中高一下学期期中考试英语试卷(带解析)
Say Yes to ReadingWrite a one-page report titled “The Best Book I Read This Year” and enter it in the Boy’s Life 2012 “Say Yes to Reading!” contest.The book can be fiction or nonfiction. But the report has to be in your own words— 500 words tops. Enter in one of these three age categories(类别):● 8 years old and younger● 9 and 10 years old● 11 years old and olderFirst-place winners in each age category will receive a $100 gift certificate(礼券) good for any product in the Boy Scouts official retail catalog(零售目录). Second-place winners will receive a $75 gift certificate and third-place winners a $50 gift certificate.Everyone who enters will get a free patch(眼罩). In coming years, you’ll have the chance to earn different patches.The contest is open to all Boys’ Life readers. Be sure to include your name, address, age and grade in school on the entry. Send your report to:Boys’ Life Reading ContestS306P.O. Box 152079Irving, TX Entries(参赛作品) must be postmarked by Dec. 31, 2012 and must include entry information and a self-addressed, stamped envelope.Winners of the 2011 reading contest will be announced in the July 2012 issue of Boys’ Life magazine.And the 2010 first-place winners are:8 YEARS OLD AND YOUNGERTyler Bergmann chose “Can You Keep a Secret?” by PJ Petersen as his favorite book. “It talks about honesty and the importance of being trust-worthy, which really matter between friends,” Tyler writes.9 AND 10 YREARS OLDNathaniel Griffis read “The 39 Clues: The Maze of Bones” by Rick Riordan. Writes Nathaniel: “As I read, I learned about places I have never been and things I have only imagined.”11 YEARS OLD AND OLDERDevin MacGoy, 12 chose “The Red Badge of Courage” by Stephen Grane. “A reader can take away many lessons,” Devin writes.【小题1】The purpose of the passage is to ________.A.persuade kids to enter a contestB.ask kids to read more booksC.encourage kids to buy Boys’ LifeD.advertise some children’s books【小题2】According to the passage, _________.A.each first-place winner will get $100B.the report should have 500 at leastC.whoever enters will get a patch for freeD.one can copy some words from the book【小题3】 Who learns something about friendship from reading a book?A.Tyler BergmannB.Nathaniel GriffisC.Devin MacGoyD.PJ Petersen【小题4】 After Nathaniel Griffis read “The 39 Clues: The Maze of Bones”, he might be ________.A.puzzledB.worriedC.boredD.excited
M: Well, this is it! What do you think of it?
W: I can hardly believe it's real.I've d &&&&&&&of seeing it ever since& _______
I saw it in books when I was a child.Just thinking of all this being built
by hand more than 2,000 years ago! No w&&&&& &it's one of the &&&&&&&&_______
wonders of the world.
A&&&& &the started building is more than 2,500 years ago when&&&& ________
China was divided into v&&&& &states.Three of the northern states&&&&& ________
built defensive walls along their borders to keep o&&&&& &the enemies.&& ________
W.But I always thought the wall had been built by Qin Shihuang, the first
E&&&&& &of China.&&&&&&& _______
M: Well, yes.In the way, you see, he united thew&&&& &country in the&&&&&& && ________
third century B.C.and one of the things he did was to join the s&&&& &&&&&________
walls into one big wall and to build more walls from the east coast right
across the length of north China to the west.
W: It is certainly something any nation could be proud of.I hear this is the
only humanc&&&&& &on the earth that can be seen from the moon.&&&&&&&& ________
By the way, how tall is the wall?
M: The average
h&&&&& &is 7.8 the average width is 6.5 meters && ________
at the base and 4.5 meters at the top.Would you like to go up to the top?
W: Yes! I'd like to have a look from the top.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!I am happy to just keep on until it is finished_百度知道> 【答案带解析】I will keep on trying, ______ I might fa...
I will keep on trying, ______ I might fail
a thousand times.
C.even if
D.otherwise
试题分析:考查固定词组,while意思“当……时候”,引导时间状语从句;as if意思“好像”,后跟虚拟语气; even if意思“即使”, otherwise意思“否则”,句子意思“即使我失败千次,我仍然坚持尝试”,
考点:本题考查固定词组
考点分析:
考点1:非谓语动词
非谓语动词:在句子不作谓语使用的动词,其形式有不定式、现在分词、动名词和过去分词四种(通常我们把现在分词和动名词统称为-ing分词)。 &非谓语动词短语:非谓语动词仍保留动词的性质,可以有自己的宾语、表语或状语,我们将非谓语动词和其宾语、表语或状语一起称作非谓语动词短语。 &非谓语动词的判定方法:考虑句中谓语动词以及其它词语同非谓语动词的关系和对非谓语动词形式的限制,以便选用正确的非谓语动词形式。 &
非谓语动词判定的基本步骤:
①是否应用-ing分词&
② 是否应用不带to的不定式&
③ -ing分词还是不定式
④-ing分词还是过去分词&
⑤ 不定式的用法&
一、是否应用-ing分词:
下列情况必须用-ing分词&
1、在下列动词(短语)之后作宾语或宾补时;
2、在介词之后作宾语时;
3、作句子主语位于句首时;&
4. 位于限定词后作名词使用时;、
5、在“go + -ing形式(运动名称)”和“ do some + -ing形式”这类固定短语中。&
&We will go fishing if it doesn’t rain tomorrow. & & & She did some shopping last Sunday. &
6. –ing分词前逻辑主语的使用:有时我们需要在-ing分词前加上其动作的发出者(逻辑主语),其动作的发出者用名词所有格或形容词性物主代词表示。
二、是否应用不带to的不定式:&
下列情况必须使用不带to的不定式&
1、位于情态动词后同情态动词一起作谓语时;&
2、位于would rather , had better , why (not)之后的不定式;
3、位于感官动词和使役动词后作宾补的不定式(注:help之后作宾补的不定式可以带to也可不带to);
4、两个不定式由and , or , except , but 或 than连接在一起时,第二个不定式常常不带to。&
三、-ing分词还是不定式: &
1、动词like之后,使用不定式主要说明一次性的动作;使用-ing分词主要说明存在的状况。&
2、begin和start之后,-ing分词和不定式都可使用,但如果begin/start自身为-ing分词时,之后通常用不定式。&
3、stop、remember、forget和go on之后的非谓语动词形式的判定,主要应考虑非谓语动词的动作在谓语动词动作前是否已发生:如动作发生在谓语动词的动作前,用-ing形式;如动作发生在谓语动词的动作后,用不定式。
4、need之后的非谓语动词形式的判定,主要考虑句子的主语同非谓语动词的关系:如句子的主语为非谓语动词的逻辑主语,用不定式;如句子的主语为非谓语动词的逻辑宾语,用-ing形式。
5. 感官动词后的非谓语动词形式的判定,主要应考虑是说明整个动作(不带to的不定式),还是说明动作的一部分(-ing形式)。主要有下面几种情况:&
(1)句子中有表频率的词时,用不带to的不定式;&
(2)look at以及see和hear的过去式后,一般用-ing形式;
(3)watch之后,一般用不带to的不定式。
四、-ing分词还是过去分词: &
1. 表伴随的插入语中的非谓语动词形式的判定,主要应考虑句子的主语同非谓语动词的关系:如句子的主语为非谓语动词的逻辑主语,用-ing形式;如句子的主语为非谓语动词的逻辑宾语,用过去分词。&
2. call和name位于名词后,其后带上人名、书名等词语时,用过去分词。
3. there be句中位于名词后的非谓语动词,如名词相当于动作发出者(主动式),非谓语动词用-ing分词,如名词为动作承受者(被动式),非谓语动词用过去分词。
五、不定式的用法(非上述四种情况时,非谓语动词一般都使用带to的不定式):&
1.不定式的否定形式:在不定式的小品词to前加否定词not。
2. 先行词it的使用:当不定式做句子的主语时或做句子的宾语其后带有宾补时,为保持句子结构的平衡,通常将不定式放在句子末尾,而在原主语或宾语的位置上加上先行词it。
3. &“wh-词+不定式”的用法:wh-词(特殊凝问词)同不定式连用相当于一个wh-词所引导的一个宾语从句,使用时应注意以下原则:
①如wh-词为凝问代词(what、which、who、whom或whose)时,不定式动词应为及物动词,但不带宾语(wh-词相当于不定式动词的宾语)
②如wh-词为凝问副词(how、when、where等)时,不定式短语中不能再出现表示相同关系的词语;另:如不定式动词为及物动词时,其后必须带上宾语。 &
③如wh-词为连词whether时,不定式短语中应有表示选择的部分,否则不定式短语应用or not结尾。
4. 不定式的逻辑主语:不定式动词仍保留动词的特性,也有自己的主语(不定式动作的发出者),我们将不定式动作的发出者称为不定式的逻辑主语。
5. 不定式的逻辑宾语:有时句子中不定式前的某个词语相当于不定式的宾语,我们将其称为不定式的逻辑宾语,此时不定式的动词应为及物动词或及物动词词组(动词为不及物动词时,应加上适当的介词),但不能再带宾语。
6. 不定式位于名词后作定语:不定式位于名词后作定语使用时应注意考虑名词同不定式的关系。、
①名词相当于不定式的逻辑主语:
②名词相当于不定式的逻辑宾语:此时不定式的动词应为及物动词或及物动词词组(动词为不及物动词时,应加上适当的介词),但不能再带宾语。
③名词相当于不定式的状语:此时不定式应以介词结尾(因为名词不能直接作状语,而应在其前加上适当的介词构成介词短语来作状语,说明地点、方式等,所加的介词这时放在不定式后)。
相关试题推荐
_____ from the mountain, the town is very
beautiful.
A.Being seen
B.It was seen
—I did very poorly in last week’s test.
— ____ Look at your paper. You got a good
mark.
A.Oh, come off it!
B.Absolutely.
C.You’re
dead right.
D.You’ve
got a point there.
One very cold
day,a snowstorm
blew into our area. Needing firewood,I quickly set out with my best friend,Bruce,to look for a tree to cut down. I was glad to have Bruce along with.
Cutting down a tree in a snowstorm can be dangerous. So it was important to
have a friend who could warn me of danger.
When I chose a big tree about 23 meters
tall and prepared to cut it down,my best friend suddenly warned me,“Don’t cut down that tree!It’s too close to the power line!﹙电线﹚”I
wasn’t
sure about it. So I decided to disregard his warning. I wanted to finish
the job quickly and go home. So I began cutting down the tree. When the tree
fell,there was no
longer any doubt that my friend was right.
The tree caught the power line,bringing it to the ground. I
considered cutting the tree off the line. After all,electricity can’t travel through
wood,so I could
safely remove the tree. As I reached out my finger to touch the tree,pain ran up my arm and through
my head. I was shocked!
After I returned home and told my mother
what had happened,she
quickly called the power company. The workers from the power company soon
arrived on the scene. One of them asked if I had touched the tree,and when I told him I had,his face turned pale.
“You should have been killed,” he said.
So why am I still alive?It was my boots that saved my
life.
Within two hours,the workers removed the tree.
Soon the snowstorm calmed down—but not my mother.
Even though she was glad I wasn’t hurt,my mother was still serious.
After all,I shouldn’t have brushed off
my friend’s warning.
Through this experience,I learn it’s important to
listen to people who offer a different perspective. Taking time to listen might
actually save a lot of time and trouble. It certainly would have kept me from
getting the “shock” of my life.
1.The underlined word “disregard” in the second
paragraph means “________”.
A.pay no attention to&&&&&&&&&&&& B.take notice of&&&&&
C.consider&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.follow
2.Which of the following statements is NOT
true according to the passage?
A.But for his boots,the author would have died.
B.The author regretted having brushed off his friend’s warning.
C.The author knew nothing about electricity.
D.When the tree was cut down,the author realized his friend was right.
3.The underlined part “the snowstorm calmed
down—but
not my mother” means “________”.
A.my mother was still angry with me for not listening to my friend’s warning
B.my mother was still in fear of the terrible accident
C.my mother was still comforting me
D.my mother was still worried about my safety
4.The author wrote the passage mainly
to________.
A.give an account of one of his terrible experiences
B.make us know it’s important to listen to people who offer a different perspective
through his experience
C.tell us not to cut trees down any more
D.remind us to be careful while we are working
快餐在中国非常流行,尤其受到青少年的青睐.某英文报委托你写一篇有关快餐食品的英语短文,并包括如下要点:
1. 快餐受欢迎的原因:
1)方便,省时;&
2)价格合理,服务好.
2. 快餐食品的不足:营养不均衡.
3. 你对快餐的态度和观点.
注意: 1. 词数: 100—120
2.从营养角度来讲: in terms of nutrition
3.快餐:fast food
4.方便的. Convenient
5.均衡的:balanced
Fast food is very popular with people in
China, especially the young. The reasons for its popularity are as follows.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________
删除:把多余的词用斜线〔\〕划掉。
修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;
2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。
Li Ming went to the park in last Saturday
afternoon after he had already finished his homeworks. He saw several boys
skating in the pond happily. Suddenly he heard a cry for help. Looked ahead, he
found one of the boys had fallen into the water. Li Ming jumped into icy water
immediately and tried to pull the boy to safety. Then the boy was given first
aid but soon came to myself. The boy’s parents came soon after they received
the phone call. They were very much thankful Li Ming, who was trembling there
with cold.