I think the cake was more delicous than anything else

Remember the other day when I showed you guys inside ? Well, as I was digging up those photos from last Fall when I was on the book tour, I found a bunch more sweet shops that I never showed you guys. Want to see? Be careful. You’ll want a cupcake or nine before you finish looking at them all.
First stop on the book tour was Portland, Oregon. And it wouldn’t be complete without a visit to .
Love these logo-printed pink boxes.
Check out their signature Voodoo doughnut.
Yummm. They have fun flavors like Bacon Maple Bar, Grape Ape and even cereal covered doughnuts.
Also in Portland is .
Their cupcakes were delicious and piled high with frosting.
The shop was too cute for words with their adorable party supplies section. I had to have these paper cups. Although I haven’t been able to bring myself to use them yet.
In Seattle, we have . Actually, there are five of them.
Cupcake Julie and I visited two of their locations.
Great sign.
Great packaging. Love the tagline.
And great tasting cupcakes with beautifully swirled frosting.
is also in Seattle.
They have three locations. Make sure you visit at least one of them. Trophy was on the Martha Stewart Show on the same day I was during Cupcake Week in 08. It was fun to finally see the shop in person.
Look at that Peanut Butter Frosting. Yes, please.
This is the Wallingford Center location. The awnings are fantastic.
We grabbed a few cupcakes to sample.
Then Julie and I had a cupcake showdown between the Seattle shops.
I think it was a draw since we weren’t comparing flavor to flavor, it was too tough to choose. They both had really yummy cupcakes.
On to doughnuts at
just outside of Seattle.
More traditional flavors than Voodoo… and that was just fine by me.
Ice cream anyone?
Well, if you’re in San Francisco you really need to check out .
Get it by the scoop or take some home. This stuff is so good.
Brown Sugar with Ginger Caramel Swirl. Need I say more?
You remember , of course.
Delightful little cakes and more.
in San Francisco was a smaller shop, but big on flavor.
I’ll take Peanut Butter cups on cake anytime.
Right on Union Street in San Francisco is another sweet shop.
All about cream puffs.
Founded by two brothers making their mom’s recipe.
Buff boys selling puffs. I’m sold.
Wow, Julie and I really outdid ourselves in San Francisco.
Here’s another one. .
FIlled with colorful little cakes …
And some topped with cotton candy. So cute.
can be found in Ghiradelli Square in San Francisco.
Modern. Beautiful. Delicious.
And with such a sweet staff.
After San Francisco, I met up with my mom in Los Angeles.
We stopped by
in Santa Monica.
You can’t miss this shop with it’s jumbo graphic awning.
I see some pops.
And sweet shots.
Perty little cakes.
Next up was
in Beverly Hills.
A sweet group of girls greeted us.
Their red velvet is one of my faves.
Mom and I sat outside and enjoyed a few.
In Salt Lake City, Utah we didn’t actually make it to any cupcake shops because of time, luckily I had a few folks bring some from the . Thanks
and friends.
I mean YUM. We made quite the scene waiting for our plane at the airport and checking them all out.
Wanna see more?
Then check out
in Chicago.
They have a super cool way to display their cupcakes.
Look at that frosting.
is also in Chicago.
Peach Cobbler cupcakes anyone?
This shop was jam-packed with a line out the door.
And worth every bite. The one in front is called the Ron Bennington. Chocolate cake, peanut butter filling, chocolate ganache and butterscotch topping. Help.
Unfortunately, in New York City, I only made it to one cupcake shop.
But, it’s one I would visit again and again.
makes teeniny cupcakes and serves them sans wrappers.
Look at all of them. These little guys were surprisingly moist and yuuummmy. The only thing I would do differently next time is order more than six of these one bite wonders. Or two bite if you want to look like you have table manners.
Well that’s it. 17 shops in 8 cities. Hope you enjoyed looking at them as much as I did eating at them all.
San Francisco
Santa Monica
Beverly Hills
Salt Lake City
New York City
Did I miss any of your favorites? Give a shoutout to any more cities I should check out for their sweets scene.
One more thing. Here’s a little slideshow that includes even more photos of each shop if you’re curious.
Newsletter 2
Subscribe to Bakerella free via email:
Featured Sweet
Left Custom Ad
Medium Rectangle1
Medium Rectangle 2
Bakerella T-Shirts
FM Media SurveySlow Cooker Korean Beef - Damn Delicious
Slow Cooker Korean Beef
posted by Chungah on February 21, 2015
Amazingly tender, flavorful Korean beef easily made in the crockpot with just 10 min prep. It doesn’t get easier than that!
The slow cooker can do some amazing things – you can make pastas, soups, dips, snacks, and even desserts. And to add to this wondrous list is, of course, Korean beef, something I never thought could be made in the crockpot.
But like I said, the slow cooker is really amazing, not to mention – it does all of the work for you! All you have to do is gather a handful of ingredients and throw them right into the crockpot. That’s it.
Really. Just set it and forget it. From there, you’ll come home to the most amazing, most tender Korean beef that the whole family will devour. You can serve it over rice, stuff it in tacos or even make quesadillas – the possibilities are endless!
Slow Cooker Korean Beef
Amazingly tender, flavorful Korean beef easily made in the crockpot with just 10 min prep. It doesn’t get easier than that!
Ingredients:
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
3 pound boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions:
In a large bowl, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, Sriracha, onion powder and white pepper.
Place chuck roast into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in beef broth mixture until well combined.
Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir in mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Why It’s A Smart Choice
Serving Size
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 481.8
Calories from Fat 139.5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15.5g
Saturated Fat 5.8g
Trans Fat 0.4g
Cholesterol 158.6mg
Sodium 710.0mg
Total Carbohydrate 14.2g
Dietary Fiber 0.4g
Sugars 9.8g
Protein 66.3g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
This recipe has 6.7mg of iron per serving, making it a great choice for someone looking to boost their iron intake. It’s also a high protein, lower fat choice, and eating more protein is a great way to stay fuller for longer.
Nutritional information provided by Jessica Penner, RD at .
posted in , ,
Enter your email address below to have new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
My Latest Videos
My Cookbook
in stores September 6, 2016
Pre-order your copy today:
Enter your email address below to have new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
OR get new post updates via RSS:
Design by .
All rights reserved.英语高手进来下面几题帮我做一下I think this thing was more important than anything else at that time改为同义句 I think this thing was ( )( ) ( )thing at that timePlease show us how we can find the library Please show us ( )( )( )the library 改错 The new flowers afre for her,not for hisThey live in the Room 305 in that building We used to go to beds at nine ten at school还有几题,首字母填词 At last he r( ) he was wrong He makes a l( ) by selling vegetablesMy back h( ) badly同样也讲一下为什么
黎约绛血Lv
第一题:the most important 原因:more+adj+than anything else译为“比任何…都要…”也就是“最…”它的同义词组是“the most +adj” 第二题:the way to 原因:前面这句话的意思是“请告诉我们怎样能找到图书馆”也就是问去图书馆的路.同义句中“the way to”就是这个意思.改错第一题:“his”改为“him” 原因:介词后面用宾格改错第二题:the 去掉 原因:“Room 305”类似于这样的前面都不需要加冠词.改错第三题:“beds”改为“bed” 原因:“go to bed”是固定词组,译为“睡觉”,不用复数.问题补充:第一题:realize解释为“意识到”这句话是说“最后,他意识到他错了” 第二题:life “make a life”译为“过生活”这句话是说“他靠卖蔬菜生活”第三题:hurt 这句话是说“我的背受了很重的伤”如果各句子的意思什么的不懂的,可以问我~
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
the most important
题目翻译为。。在那时我认为这件事比任何事都重要。。说明那时这一件事是最重要的。。因此改为最高级the way to
请告诉我们怎样能找到图书馆改为 请告诉我们去图书馆的路改错 1.The new flowers are for her,not for him因为her为宾格。。而his是...
1.the most import2.how to find简单句简单来说就是没有从句的句子3.his改为him因为要作宾语4.
前三个:the most important后三个:where is the改错:1.把“not”改为“are not”
2.把“in”改为“at”
3.“at”改为“after”
1.the most important2.how to find3.are是不是拼错了?his改为him 要用宾语4.Room前去掉the 特殊名词5.beds改为bed
go to bed 为固定搭配
I think this thing was ( the )( most ) ( important )thing at that time Please show us ( the )( way )( to )the library 改错 The new flowers afre for her,not for his(him)
They live(lived) in the Room 305 in that building
We used to go to beds(bed) at nine ten at school
1,the most important
从句意来看,原句用比较级来表达了一个最高级的意思,即,比任何一样东西都重要,也就是最重要,因此可以转换成最高级。2,how to find
即,不定式作宾语,这是这里的不定式是由疑问词+to do构成的。整个句子是祈使句,省略了主语,隐含的主语其实是 you ,谓语是show 直接宾语是us ,间接宾语是how to ...
同义句:(THE)(LESS)(IMPORTANT)简单句:(HOW)(TO)(FIND)改错:NOT FOR
that building WE (
to beds原因:我第一次给别人回答问题,前两个是感觉,for 后面是用宾格,像 FO...
扫描下载二维码foonsonbikes – A cycle tour from Melbourne to London
One Year on. We survived!
It’s one year since we pedalled into London and brought this part of the cycle journey more or less to a close. I thought it would be as good a time as any to take a moment to reflect and update. To say it’s been a full on year would be an understatement. I always knew it would be hard to adjust back to more or less conventional life, but it nearly undid me.
It was fucking brutal.
I will try and explain. Bare with me, this is still not completely figured out in my head but here are some of the insights I have.
Cycle travelling cuts out the bullshit. You are suddenly and very quickly faced with the things that are universally important. Where do we get food? Where do we get water? Where will we sleep tonight? Those are the things we all really need. And human connection. On the road you have fleeting but wonderful connections with people who invite you to stay for the night, people who stop to give you water, or simply want to ask if you are okay. The overwhelming feeling is of universal kindness. Sure there is the odd twat, but most people you encounter are pretty awesome. There is also a pretty fabulous community of long term cycle travellers and hosts out there who really get what you do. So it’s almost like life it stripped down to the minimum and most important things that we as humans need. Not to say that there aren’t other ways to achieve this. But it happens organically with cycle travelling. It’s almost impossible for it not to happen. In my experience anyway.
This can leave you somewhat disconnected from mainstream society. Because just like most people can’t relate to the time you got deported from Turkmenistan, you often can’t relate to their lives. It’s a little alienating and takes time to remember that not everyone is excited about wild camping in Iran and how long you can go without showering. It wasn’t exactly that I felt lonely, more that I was disillusioned with people and conventional life in general. I just wanted to get back on my bike and leave. But ultimately I have learned it’s not about having to fit back in. With time you find your kind of people and learn to take joy from different things. I don’t want this journey to be the one amazing thing I’ve done. I don’t even want it to define me. It’s just part of what has makes mine and Astrid’s life so rich.
I also found myself feeling much more sensitive to the planet. I think we both did. After spending most of our time living outdoors, it’s hard not to feel a deep connection to the natural world.
Cars, waste, lack of recycling, environmental destruction and cruelty to animals affected me in a more intense and emotional way than it had before.
As a result Astrid and I have become more or less freegan, something we had been discussing for quite a while on the trip. This means we eat mainly vegan unless say, someone has made us a meal, or we are dumpster diving. It is as much about waste reduction as it is about being plant based. This might be confusing for some but I would rather eat a non vegan dip out of a dumpster that was perfectly fine and would go to waste, than some vegan chocolate that has been flown in from Brazil. Ultimately it’s about reducing our impact on the planet.
Another strong impact that this journey left on both of us was the lack of fear. Sure, we still get scared about things from time to time and I would never call myself fearless, but hell, a lot of people are scared. After being around people who generally carry less fear as they are also traveling and exploring, it was confronting to see
how much fear is out there. People are afraid to cycle, afraid to travel, afraid to do anything out of the norm. Afraid of the stories we are told by our politicians. Afraid of refugees. Afraid of fucking everything. I totally get where it comes from, mainly the media, and I don’t really blame people for it, but it does make me sad. Because like any cycle traveler or even half adventurous backpacker will tell you, the world is full of kind people. People who will invite you in off the street to sleep in their houses, people who will stop on the highway and give you food,
people who will help you with the endless small tasks everyday on the road. This is the reality of people. Not the bullshit the media and our governments want us to believe. So coming up against the way most people see the world was exhausting and alarming.
For us moving to a big city in the darkest, bleakest month of autumn to start work didn’t really help either. I really questioned for a while the wiseness of going straight back into the same career I was doing back at home. There hadn’t been any time to reflect or really ask ourselves wether we wanted to go back to working as paramedics. It had always seemed like a good idea, but I felt like another me had made that decision. Now I wasn’t so sure. I didn’t feel like the person I was before I left, and there are things I want to change about where my life is going. Things that might be harder from the sphere of a conventional job. And London itself really dragged us down for the first few months. It felt big, unfriendly and dark. We spent a lot of t what are we doing here?
dressed for winter cycling
But finally, out of this rather dark phase I feel like I have gained some clarity. Ultimately Europe is not our home. Neither Astrid or I want to live here long term (as much as we love our friends that do). It makes sense to slip into a job that is both familiar and relatively well paying. We both want to travel more (probably cycle home) and therefore saving money here makes sense. Not only that, but living in Englan Europe is on our doorstep and we taken advantage of the travel opportunities. But above and beyond that we have been experimenting and learning. The things we missed while traveling we have started to establish here.
To begin with, a kettle. We probably spent the first 6 months drinking tea and not leaving the house. That c bliss. Along with this I am slowly learning how to bake kick ass bread. We are growing veggies. Astrid is learning about bees and we are both experimenting and learning about permaculture. We are figuring out how we want to live when we return to Australia and learning new skills to take with is. Plus we have our super friends and family visiting us, as well as our wonderful London friends. Things are pretty awesome.
It’s certainly a different lifestyle to climbing 4000m passes but one that is fulfilling in
different ways.
For us the cycling is not over either. I think some people end a big bike trip ready to move on and try new things. Perhaps it’s because we haven’t actually cycled home, but both of us are super keen to get back on the bikes and get pedalling again. This is just an interlude before our next journey begins. It is shaping out to be a pretty good one.
summer finally arrives
Astrid and I love beers (in case this was somehow missed) and now we were finally entering the country reputed to have some of the best beers in the world. We were quite excited to say the least. To reach Belgium we had to climb out of the picturesque valley we had been cycling through the previous day. It was a beautiful summer’s morning, climbing felt great and at the top we were greeted with a sign to say we were in Belgium, followed by 16km of downhill. Nice way to enter a country!
Welcome to Belgium!
The first part of Belgium is still German speaking so it felt very familiar at our first bakery stop. This gives way to the French language, and also sadly deteriorating cycle ways and driving. As we struggled to follow the bicycle directions and bumped along rough, narrow roads with drivers passing too close we knew we were definitely no longer in Germany.
That day we pedalled for many long hours. Sometimes on roads, sometimes trying to follow badly signed bike routes. Eventually we ended up on a river, but even here we had to sometimes back track as the path would suddenly stop and we would have to go around and pick it up again somewhere else. I guess we had been spoiled.
irst ice cream stop
Still, the countryside was pretty and we found a lovely camping ground right on the river. The people were super friendly and laid back. We enjoyed a curry and watched the night fall gently, all three of us feeling pretty exhausted. It had been a long few days. Our whole reason for coming to Belgium was to visit Stephanie who we had met in Dushanbe while she was doing an internship at the EU delegation there. One more big push and we would reach Stephanie’s home town of Enghien.
Beer o clock in the camp ground
We woke up feeling lethargic. Vari opted to take the train – wise move. Somehow foolishly Astrid and I decided to take the canal cycle route which was 130km instead of the 100km road route. I guess canals sound more romantic than roads but our day was far from romantic. I like to refer to it as The Canal Day of Doom.
Following the river had its great moments
Firstly I had no energy and could only hobble along until I had consumed most of the contents of the supermarket we stopped at. Then Astrid had a flat. This was followed by a wrong turn and needing to back track, all in combination with a roaring headwind and a terrible highly resistant cycling surface. The going was slow and painful and I longed to hitch hike on one of the canal boats. We were both tired and I was quite grumpy as well, cursing the canals under my breath.
Finally towards the evening we decided to call it quits on the canal path. It was just so rough and slow. Once away from the canal the road was much smoother and even the hills were a relief. By the time we reached Enghien at 10pm, it was 13 hours after we had set off. We were greeted with open arms by Francoise and Philip and had a wonderful reunion with Stephanie. After food and showers we both collapsed into bed. I know I was utterly spent.
Our time in Enghien with Stephanie’s family was lovely. On the first morning we went for BBQ and drinks at a friend’s place and then to La Semo, a music festival that was on in Enghien that weekend. It was super lovely and relaxed. We wondered around, ate, drank Belgium beers and listened to music. Later on Stephanie, Astrid and I danced the night away.
We squeezed in a trip to Brussels to visit an old friend of Astrid’s and his wife. Arnie and Aiva showed us good places to eat and drink in Brussels and we thoroughly enjoyed our brief encounter with the city.
Well rested and completely spoiled by Francoise and Philip we left Enghien and Wallonia (the French speaking part of Belgium) and headed into Flanders. This is the Flemish speaking part and the difference in attitude becomes apparent. We were told the French part likes to have fun, party, eat good food. The Flemish part works hard to have a nice house. I don’t know if this is strictly true – but the Flemish do appear to have very neat and pretty houses!
Hills soon gave way to much flatter country as we cycled towards the border with The Netherlands. For our last night in the country with a reputation for the best beers in the world we bought a few to sample and found some forest in which to pitch our tent.
As I drank my beer and looked over at the green fairy, panniers open with clothes and pots spilling out, the darkening sky, Astrid beside me, Vari still putting up his tent, I felt a little sad. This perfect simple life, where everywhere can be your home and your needs are so basic is coming to an end soon. I am certainly going to miss it.
Posted in ,
Follow &foonsonbikes&
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 671 other followers}

我要回帖

更多关于 anything other than 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信