任务型阅读how to cope with stressthe yes-person

小题1:A小题2:A小题3:B小题4:D小题5:D试题分析:小题1:A 推理题。根据第二段4,5行I wondered what he was doing there and my jaw (下巴) dropped in amazement when he joined the line for food.说明当他加入队伍的时候,我非常惊讶。故A正确。小题2:A 推理题。根据文章最后一段no matter how they look. Needs aren’t always seen.说明我们不能以貌取人,故A正确。小题3:B 推理题。根据本句received a large donation from an anonymous source. I can’t help but wonder if it came from that man.根据后半句我忍不住想这笔钱是来自那个人,故这笔捐款是匿名的。故该词指unknown.故B正确。小题4:D 推理题。根据妈妈对我所说的话:You have thought that the needs of the people who come here must be purely physical, hunger, etc. And this gentleman doesn’t seem to have any of those problems. But what if his needs are emotional(情感的)? What if he needs comfort, friends, or just to be among other human beings?说明我们不能按照外貌来判断一个人是否需要帮助。我们要按照对方需要帮助的方式来提供帮助,故D正确。小题5:主旨大意题。文章讲述了在帮助别人的时候妈妈给我上的一课:不要外貌来决定是否提供帮助,而要根据对方的需要。点评:文章讲述了在帮助别人的时候妈妈给我上的一课:不要外貌来决定是否提供帮助,而要根据对方的需要。本文难度较小,从选项中可以看出,本大题主要还是考查了上下文的推理能力,但更加注重综合语言能力的运用,需要根据故事情节,体会细节情感。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
One morning I wasted nearly an hour watching a tiny ant carry a huge feather.Several times, it& 36&obstacles(障碍物in its path.And after a pause it made the necessary detour. At one point, the ant had to& 37&&a crack(裂缝) about 10 mm wide.After some brief thoughts, the ant laid the&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&38&over the crack, walked across it and& 39&up the feather on the other side, then continued on its way.I was& 40&by the cleverness of this ant.It was only a small insect, lacking in& 41&yet equipped with a brain to reason, explore, discover and overcome.& 42&&this ant, like the other two-legged creatures& 43&on the earth, also shares human feelings.After some time the ant finally reached its& 44&– a flower bed and a small hole that was the entrance to its&& 45&home.It was there that the ant met its& 46&. How could that large feather possibly&& 47 &such a small hole? Of course, it couldn’t.So the ant, after all this trouble and using great brightness, overcoming problems all along the way, just &&48&the feather and went home. The ant had not thought the problem through &&49&it began its journey and in the end the feather was&& 50&more than a burden. Isn’t our &&51&&like this?We worr we worry about our money or the&& 52& and we worry about all kinds of things.These are all& 53&—the things we pick up all the life, and drag them around the obstacles and over the cracks that life will bring, only to&& 54&that at the destination they are&& 55&&and we can’t take them with us.小题1:A.brought aboutB.got overC.came acrossD.dealt with小题2:A.moveB.crossC.crawlD.suffer小题3:A.featherB.flowerC.grassD.flick小题4:A.madeB.tookC.pickedD.set小题5:A.frightenedB.interestedC.annoyedD.attracted小题6:A.sizeB.heightC.depthD.length小题7:A.ThereforeB.ButC.SoD.Otherwise小题8:A.workingB.sleepingC.walkingD.living小题9:A.habitatB.backgroundC.battleD.destination小题10:A.undergroundB.comfortableC.underwaterD.distinctive小题11:A.gameB.sportC.troubleD.focus小题12:A.fitB.fixC.suitD.lay小题13:A.gave inB.gave upC.gave awayD.gave out小题14:A.afterB.whileC.beforeD.once小题15:A.nothingB.anythingC.somethingD.everything小题16:A.studyB.aimC.lifeD.dream小题17:A.wasteB.lackC.worthD.danger小题18:A.presentsB.questionsC.pleasureD.burdens小题19:A.thinkB.findC.wonderD.attempt小题20:A.helplessB.powerfulC.meaningfulD.useless
I lay there buried alive under our house when the bomb hit our city. The great 21 started by the bomb came nearer and nearer to us as workers tried to&22&us. “Hurry!” they cried to one another as the flames (火焰) came nearer. At last they reached us and& 23 me and my mother out from under everything& 24&the flames reached us.Later, as I thought of the pilot of the plane that 25 the bomb on our city, I cried, “I hate him. I hate him.” The people with marked faces from the &26 of the bomb made me cry, “I hate him.” I saw people suffering (遭受) a terrible, &27 death. Again and again I cried as I saw these people, “I hate him!”Some time later, that man appeared in a meeting I& 28 .As I looked at him, I &29 &him very much. Then I listened to what he told us of his &30 &the day when he dropped the bomb on our city. I heard him say, “When I flew over the city& 31 &we dropped the bomb, I cried, ‘Oh, God, what have I&&& 32&’.” I could see that he found it& 33 &to speak of that day.As this happened I suddenly &34 &my hatred (仇恨) of him was &35 . It only made me unhappy also. As I did this, it was as if a heavy load (负担) &36&my shoulders. Then I decided to &37 him. I did so and my life was &38&.I now help those who suffer from &39&other people. I try to help them to& 40 &everyone, as I am now able to do.小题1:A.soundB.heatC.fireD.light小题2:A.callB.reachC.findD.help小题3:A.putB.sentC.pulledD.brought小题4:A.afterB.asC.whenD.before小题5:A.madeB.droppedC.attackedD.set小题6:A.noiseB.energyC.effectD.power小题7:A.slowB.seriousC.sadD.hard小题8:A.joinedB.tookC.attendedD.gave小题9:A.hatedB.fearedC.honoredD.believed小题10:A.activityB.ideaC.experienceD.opinion小题11:A.whenB.afterC.asD.before小题12:A.gotB.heardC.doneD.seen小题13:A.difficultB.easyC.uselessD.proud小题14:A.imaginedB.realizedC.knewD.thought小题15:A.rightB.funnyC.necessaryD.wrong小题16:A.took awayB.took offC.fell offD.fell on小题17:A.forgive(原谅)B.killC.defeatD.accept小题18:A.balancedB.changedC.continuedD.ruined小题19:A.punishingB.hurtingC.dislikingD.hating小题20:A.respectB.loveC.considerD.move
The trip to that city was eye-opening for everyone, and near its end, all the young people in our group began to reflect on what it had meant. We &&41&&the first night we had arrived. We had all gone into the markets of the city &&42&&the young people could experience its energy. But what we actually saw simply &&43&&us all --- the rundown houses, the children in rags, the people begging for money… Walking home, &&44&&under a low bridge, we came across &&45&&families of homeless people seeking a bit of dry ground to sleep on &&46&&the night. We had to step over bodies as we found our way through the darkness.The poverty was &&47&&than anything my young companions had ever imagined. Back in the hotel, an air of sadness settled over the group. Many &&48&&and cried. Spending time in this &&49&&moves a person to care about humanity.That evening, our group spent hours talking about what we had &&50&. Gently, I encouraged everyone to talk about the difficult &&51&&that day’s discoveries had inspired. Sitting together &&52&&a circle as everyone had a chance to speak, we all began to realize that& 53&&of us was alone in our struggle to cope with our reactions.Based on my &&54&&in poverty-stricken areas, I suggested that &&55&&the emotions we had were painful, they could also be important in helping us to move forward. We all &&56&&that we had seen things that should never be allowed to happen. &&57&&, what could we do about it? Together, we began to brainstorm ways we could help to ease the &&58&&we had seen. As I encouraged group members to focus on &&59&&they could do, a sense of determination& 60&&the previous sadness. Instead of despair, these young people began to feel a call to action.小题1:A.put up withB.got back toC.looked back onD.made up for小题2:A.now thatB.so thatC.as ifD.even if小题3:A.puzzledB.annoyedC.embarrassedD.shocked小题4:A.marchingB.runningC.passingD.moving小题5:A.entireB.normalC.averageD.general小题6:A.beyondB.withC.tillD.for小题7:A.strongerB.deeperC.worseD.less小题8:A.gave upB.broke downC.set offD.held on小题9:A.environmentB.hotelC.houseD.background小题10:A.inspectedB.attemptedC.witnessedD.challenged小题11:A.feelingsB.decisionsC.thoughtsD.impressions小题12:A.alongB.aroundC.byD.in小题13:A.neitherB.eitherC.noneD.each小题14:A.experiencesB.schedulesC.dataD.position小题15:A.onceB.whileC.sinceD.unless小题16:A.supposedB.advisedC.confirmedD.agreed小题17:A.SurelyB.RatherC.NowD.Indeed小题18:A.burdenB.sufferingC.anxietyD.difficulty小题19:A.howB.whereC.whatD.when小题20:A.replacedB.changedC.coveredD.improved
Robeson was born in a very poor family. At seven, he had to pick coal in a deserted mine near his home, and then he sold &&26&&he had picked and earned a few coins to help his parents. He had &&27&schooling, for being so poor, how could they&&28&&school fees?When he was fifteen, he worked &&29&&a servant in a school. Looking at other children studying in the classroom, he felt &&30&for himself. How he &&31&&to have the same chance! He decided to study by&&32&&.In the daytime, after the sweeping and cleaning was over, he &&33&stand by the window outside the classroom trying to catch what the teacher said. At night, he tried his best to remember what he had &34 &during the day. He worked&&35 &&hard at his lessons that he sometimes had just three or four hours to sleep. The more he learned the greater 36 he showed in his lessons. A maths teacher discovered him and came to like this diligent boy and&&37 &him to sit at the back of the class. In one exam, he was the&&38 &one in the whole school who reached the highest grade. He would have been given the scholarship if he &&39&&a regular student of the school.Robeson &&40 &rough six long years with his study of maths and wrote several articles which captured the&&41 &of some university professors. They admired his talent &&42&&his diligence. To give him a good chance, they hired him as a librarian and&& 43&&him free guidance. Robeson felt &44& ,for he was sure that before him there was a broad road&& 45&& success.小题1:A.whetherB.whichC.thatD.what小题2:A.manyB.fewC.littleD.much小题3:A.buyB.affordC.sendD.read小题4:A.asB.likeC.forD.by小题5:A.angryB.ashamedC.proudD.sorry小题6:A.hatedB.decidedC.wishedD.regretted小题7:A.the teacherB.himselfC.his parentsD.his schoolmates小题8:A.couldB.ought toC.shouldD.would小题9:A.learnedB.taughtC.thoughtD.wondered小题10:A.veryB.soC.tooD.quite小题11:A.joyB.interestC.timeD.taste小题12:A.allowedB.agreedC.letD.refused小题13:A.worstB.onlyC.lastD.laziest小题14:A.had beenB.has beenC.isD.was小题15:A.learnedB.listenedC.masteredD.struggled小题16:A.noticeB.influenceC.eyesD.attention小题17:A.except forB.according toC.as well asD.in spite of小题18:A.taughtB.offeredC.lentD.sent小题19:A.sadB.angryC.happyD.disappointed小题20:A.leading toB.coming fromC.made ofD.covered with
Tom was a middle-aged leather trader whose repeated failure in careermade him a depressed man, often complaining that others had been playing tricks on him. One day he told his wife he was so&& 16&&with the city that he had to leave.So his family moved to &&&17 &&city. It was in the evening of aweekend when Tom and his wife were busy &&18&&up their new home&& 19&the light suddenly went out. So they had to& 20&&work. Tom was regretful to have forgotten bringing along candles and had to wait&& 21&in a low mood. Just then he heard slight, hesitant knocks on his door that sounded clear in the&& 22&night.“Who’s it?” he wondered, since Tom had no&& 23&in the new city.And this was the moment he especially disliked being disturbed.&& 24&, he went reluctantly to the door and opened it impatiently. At the door was a little girl, shyly asking, “Sir, do you have &&25&&? I’m your neighbor.” “No,” answered Tom in anger and shut the door violently. “What a nuisance!” he complained over it with his wife. “No sooner had we settled down &&26&&the neighbor came to &&27&&things.” After a while, the door was knocked&& 28&. He opened it and found the same girl outside. But this time she was holding two candles, saying, “My grandma told me the new neighbor downstairs might need candles. She&& 29 &me here to give you these.” Tom was very &&30&&by what he saw. When he became fully aware, he said, “Thank you and your&&31 &. God bless you!”At that moment he suddenly realized what caused his&& 32&in life. Itwas his& 33&and harshness(刻薄)with other people. The person who had cheated him in life was &&34&&&nobody else but himself, for he had fallen for his unsympathetic&& 35&.小题1:A.inspiredB.satisfiedC.disappointedD.encouraged小题2:A.the otherB.otherC.everyD.another小题3:A.lookingB.turningC.cleaningD.ending小题4:A.whereB.thatC.whyD.when小题5:A.continueB.startC.quitD.change小题6:A.helplesslyB.happilyC.patientlyD.hopefully小题7:A.quietB.darkC.noisyD.crowded小题8:A.acquaintanceB.strangerC.consultantD.adolescent小题9:A.SoB.ThoughC.HoweverD.In case小题10:A.lightsB.candlesC.tricksD.failures小题11:A.whenB.thatC.whileD.than小题12:A.lendB.sellC.purchaseD.borrow小题13:A.suddenlyB.againC.tooD.constantly小题14:A.suggestedB.forbadeC.sentD.forced小题15:A.frightenedB.pleasedC.puzzledD.surprised小题16:A.grandmaB.motherC.fatherD.brother小题17:A.failureB.successC.dissatisfactionD.determination小题18:A.apology B.coldnessC.responsibilityD.concept小题19:A.in realityB.in particular C.in allD.in general小题20:A.brainB.mindC.thoughtD.idea
I am always eager to do experiments, especially chemistry ones. It's &&_26_&&to work with test tubes and beakers(烧杯) , even though sometimes my efforts end in__27___. Experiments were fun for me&&__28&&a recent accident. The &&29&&happened when I was heating a big test tube with an alcohol burner(酒精灯) , chatting to my partner while waiting for__30____ changes. All of a sudden, the tube cracked. Even though I jumped from my seat when I heard the crack, the hair on my forehead was __31____ as I was leaning too close to the test tube.&&__32___&I had no time to be sad about my hair: the liquid in the test tube poured onto the table and caught fire. I'd never&&33&_ anything so bad! My___34___went blank (空白)for a moment. Then I quickly covered the fire with a damp cloth to__35____. The teacher told me that the test tube broke in half at the bottom because we didn't dry it properly before __36___&it. We calmed down and did the experiment, again. But our hearts were still&__37____&rapidly even after we walked out of the lab. But my bad __38___ didn't end there! Since all __39 &&&&was focused on the flames while we were in the lab, I didn't see the liquid falling onto my trousers. During the following class, I felt a __40___ in my leg. Soon it became more and more painful and I touched the area with my fingers, &&_41_&&to make things better. But to my great&&& 42___&, the material of my trousers turned into powder! “Vitrio(硫酸)! ! !”The terrible word came into my mind. I rushed out right away to wash and examine my poor skin.&&_43_ &, it was not a serious injury. After changing my __44____I sat down and told myself: danger is no joke! It's very important to have a serious___45___ in chemistry class. Doing scientific experiments as a learner is no laughing matter.小题1:A.excitingB.movingC.dangerousD.difficult小题2:A.successB.failureC.lossD.waste小题3:A.butB.exceptC.besidesD.until小题4:A.incidentB.changeC.disasterD.accident小题5:A.physicalB.chemicalC.biologicalD.historical小题6:A.brokenB.burntC.blownD.pulled小题7:A.AndB.InsteadC.ButD.Or小题8:A.feltB.heardC.experiencedD.imagined小题9:A.headB.stomachC.earD.mind小题10:A.leave it outB.let it outC.give it outD.put it out小题11:A.boilingB.holdingC.heatingD.cooking小题12:A.strikingB.beatingC.knockingD.hitting小题13:A.feelingB.timeC.chanceD.luck小题14:A.effortB.senseC.attentionD.spirit小题15:A.pushB.painC.biteD.touch小题16:A.failingB.managingC.tryingD.planning小题17:A.disappointmentB.joyC.surpriseD.comfort小题18:A.FortunatelyB.ObviouslyC.UnexpectedlyD.Generally小题19:A.coatsB.shirtsC.socksD.trousers小题20:A.heartB.attitudeC.thoughtD.preparation
题型:阅读理解
A number of times Rosemary edged closer to Gordon , meaning to take his arm, but he edged away from her. She thought that she had offended him deeply, and that he was disappointed because she had pushed him away. She would have apologized if he had given her half a chance. But as a matter of fact, he was scarcely thinking of this any longer. It was the money business that was troubling him now. And the fact was that he would soon have to confess it. What nonsense it made of all he had said! Presently she stopped him, and swung him round to face her. “Gordon, why won’t you speak to me?” she said. “Are you still angry with me for what happened just now?”“No, I was never angry with you. You’re not to blame. Something else has been worrying me all the way along, I’ve only eight pence left. I had just enough money for today when we started out, but that dinner bill upset everything. Can you lend me some money?’Rosemary was amazed. “What does it matter if you’ve only eight pence left? How can you let yourself be worried by a thing like that? As though I objected to lending you money, aren’t I always telling you that I want to pay for myself when we go out together?’“Yes, and you know how I hate you paying.”“Oh, how silly you are.” She said. “Do you think there’s anything to be ashamed of in having no money?”Gordon’s face went bright pink. “Of course there is ! It’s the only thing in the world there is to be ashamed of. I can’t be a complete human being—I don’t feel a human being –unless I’ve got money in my pocket.”小题1:What gave Rosemary the idea that she had hurt Gordon’s feelings deeply?A.He didn’t say he was sorry.B.He pushed her away when she tried to take his arm.C.He didn’t say he was sorry.D.He wouldn’t let her touch him.小题2:Rosemary made him look at her because ______. A.she wanted to ask him a questionB.she wanted to see his faceC.she was angry with himD.he had been rude小题3:Gordon felt that if he asked rosemary to lend him some money _____.A.he would lose some of his self-respectB.she would refuse to C.he would have to confess his lossD.she would be angry小题4:It is clear that Gordon had not intended to _____.A.tell her he had a little money leftB.accept any money from herC.blame her for making him angryD.have such an expensive dinner
题型:阅读理解
Sometimes people cheat in daily life. When people cheat, it’s not fair to other people, like the kids who studied for the test or who were the true winners of a game.Many people like the action of cheating. It makes difficult things seem easy, like getting all the right answers on the test. But it doesn’t solve the problem of not knowing the material and it won’t help on the next test --- unless the person cheats again. Some people lose respect for cheaters and think less of them. The cheaters themselves may feel bad because they know they are not really earning that good grade. And, if they get caught cheating, they will be in trouble at school, and maybe at home, too.Some kids cheat because they’re busy or lazy and they want to get good grades without spending the time studying. Other kids might feel like they can’t pass the test without cheating. Even when there seems to be a “good reason” for cheating, cheating isn’t a good idea.If you were sick or upset about something the night before and couldn’t study, it would be better to talk with the teacher about this. And if you don’t have enough time to study for a test because of swim practice, you need to talk with your parents about how to balance swimming and school. A kid who thinks cheating is the only way to pass a test needs to talk with the teacher and his or her parents so they can find some solutions(解决办法) together. Talking about these problems and working them out will feel better than cheating.小题1:The author thinks that when kids cheat in class, _______.A.teachers should punish themB.it does harm to their heathC.it is unfair to other peopleD.teachers shouldn’t stop them at once小题2:Some students like cheating mainly because_________.A.the material in the test is very difficultB.they want to do better than the othersC.cheating can make hard things seem very easyD.they have little time to study their lessons小题3:The fourth paragraph mainly tells us______.A.cheating isn’t a good ideaB.some kids don’t spend the time studyingC.some kids can’t pass the test without cheatingD.why kids cheat in the test小题4:We can learn from the passage______.A.cheaters are often thought highly ofB.people show no respect for those who cheatC.parents whose kids cheat are often in troubleD.kids cheat in the test because of swim practice}

我要回帖

更多关于 how to kill a person 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信