电脑屏幕出现一行英文字母bootmgr is corruptmage is ncorrupt . the sust

Bootmgr Image Is Corrupt
Nov 13, 2011
Bootmgr image is corrupt my child is getting this when stating her laptop, it was a second hand laptop i bought a couple of months ago ,i have tried the recovery disc and then got this The file or directory D:Windows.old is corrupt and unreadable. run the CHKDSK utility. Which it looks like vista was on before windows 7?i just run command prompt and got tgot this in the command promp the type of the file system is NTFS CANNOT LOCK CURRENT DRIVE Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process ,Chkdsk may run if this is dismounted first,all oppened handlesto this volume would then be invalid would you like to force a dismount on this volume &Y/N& so do i force a dismount?
Similar Messages:
ADVERTISEMENT
Jan 2, 2009
I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my PC as a dual-boot w/ XP. First of all, is there a guide somewhere for doing this, because I'm basically winging it at this point.
Secondly, when I burn the image ([link removed by admin]) to a DVD+R and boot from said DVD, I get a black screen with the message 'BOOTMGR Image is corrupt. System cannot boot.& in the corner. I've burned it three times using different programs, all at the slowest speed possible, and I always get this message. The MD5 matches the one specified on the torrent info page, so I don't think the image is the problem, and nobody else on the site seems to be having this problem. I've burned other operating system boot disks using this drive and these disks before, so I don't think they are the problem, either...but this leaves me with nothing to blame.
Jul 22, 2012
My Dell laptop is saying BOOTMGR image is corrupt. the system cannot boot.
Jul 20, 2012
just moved my uncles HDD to a SSD i finally got it to boot no problem andeverything seems to be back to normal but a new issue has come up.every 5th or 6th time i reboot it gives me the BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot error
then after i restart go into the BIOS go save to CMOS the system boots as if nothing happened.
so far i have tried: run startup repair run bootrec.exe /fixmbr /fixboot and fix bcd commands x4 strangely it says everything is completed but shows 0 indows installs.reinstalled Win 7 no virues no spyware I'm thinking of maybe changing the CMOS battery.
Dec 2, 2012
Laptop dropped & out of warranty. I have read some forums and called HP they said I need to run windows 7 disc, which I don't have, she said when I do I will clear the hard drive (I hope not but, it is what it is)? Cannot get into the laptop other than the start up menu, F8 does not work so I cant back anything up (oh well). system diagnostics memory chech fine, teast 1 (Quick).. error. run/ hard drive failed.1) Is My HD Done? or...2) Where can i find this download software for free.3) How can I download onto usb and then onto Laptop?4) what is the easiest way to run it on the broken laptop?
May 10, 2011
I've got Windows 7 x64 installed and my power went out during boot today.
After restarting, I got this error during boot:&BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot.& I put in my Win 7 disc and tried to boot from it, but after pressing &any key to boot from cd / dvd ..& I get this error: &The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum.& All the fixes I can find online have to do with using the recovery console, which would be awesome, if I could actually get to that point. I even tried my old Vista and XP discs, but I don't even get as far as above. The computer just stops with a small cursor near the top, often having to be powered off to restart because ctrl+alt+del doesn't even work. A fresh install is just not an option because I have important business data on the computer that I can't afford to lose.
Also, I literally couldn't do that even if I wanted to since none of my windows discs will even load.
Sep 20, 2012
I face issue with my acer 5738G. Its shows boot mgr missing or corrupt. System repair does not work. It shows unable to repair offline. While trying to install OS all over again it stuck in a blue screen with a message &starting setup &.
I am blackout without my laptop.
May 14, 2011
I got my new computer at Christmas time and up until now its worked great. This morning my computer was lagging as was the internet to i rebooted and i saw bootmgr is corrupt - system cannot boot. I went to repair it with the Windows 7 disc but the 'loading files' bit seems to take ages and it takes forever for the language and keyboard selection screen to come up. When i hit repair or new instal (ive tried both) it seems to be loading but then a black screen will appear and the dics in my comp will be spinning, but then nothing happens. The red loading light on my tower seems to blink on a repeated pattern.
Nov 5, 2012
I was having trouble migrating my OS to a new ssd and received the &Bootmgr is corrupt system can not boot& screen repeatedly after restoring from system image, kept happening so I just decided on a fresh install. Install went well and was fully functional (eg drivers and devices) yet when restarting after installing microsoft office, I got the &Bootmgr is corrupt system cannot boot& appeared and now cannot get the pc past this point no matter how many reboots.
Jun 11, 2009
I'm having a few issues with images for Windows 7.
I've been working with Vista images for the past few years without any problems but following the same procedure with Windows 7 doesn't seem to work for me. To begin with I install the machine like normal, add in all of the software and then disable the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service and sysprep the machine.
After I boot using Win PE and capture an image once I try applying it the image fails, saying the the bootmgr is missing. I can fix this by booting to a windows 7 dvd and run two repairs but would prefer if this didn't happen at all... Is anyone else running into this issue?
Jan 7, 2010
i get an error boot image currupt and the system will not boot. i tried to run windows 7 dvd repair screen without any success.
I changed the boot sequence from hard drive to cd/dvd. The system does not continue after the error.
Sep 4, 2011
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit The windows system image backed up on my external hard drive (2TB WD USB3) is not showing while restoring the PC from an image.The only option available is my hard drive partition on which i also had saved a system image. Though windows recommends External hard drive for backing up image when backing up the system.
Apr 7, 2010
&windows 7 setup.exe corrupt file the file or directory is corrupt&I'm trying to install 7 32bit OEM Home Premium with the legit bought holographic CD (not a burned image of any kind) onto a Gateway laptop with a brand new hard drive.I was getting this error installing the OS the regular way booting to the cd and installing from it, so instead I copied the contents of the cd to a freshly quick formatted NTFS partition on the new laptop hard drive, then used bootsect and diskpart to setup the disk. It boots just fine and also gets the same error installing straight from the hard drive.
Aug 24, 2009
I need a little help figuring this out.
I made a backup image a while back on my network.
Now that I want to re-image, I reboot as requested, wait for it to load, and Windows says it can't find my backup, &if it is on a network, close this window , type the network location.&Putting in the network location does nothing, I'm just returned to the screen where it would list the backup image if it had found it, but there's nothing there.Thinking perhaps my NAS was the problem I copied the image onto a portable hard drive, but after rebooting into the restore program, Windows 7 doesn't find the USB drive.
Dec 14, 2012
With either of these two Products, if I create an Image will the Image &include& everything on the Partition?What I'm asking is, in the event I &delete& something from a Partition, and presuming the &deleted& item is not overwritten, will the &deleted& item be part of an Image created AND restorable by Windows or Acronis?
Nov 22, 2009
if i do a back up image of my C drive can i then create a partition on the that HDD and then create a second OS using that image of C drive?hope that makes sense
also can you update images or would you need to create new ones to keep them upto date?
May 28, 2012
now am using win7 hme basic, can u tel me vch software is helpful 2 chage 2d image to 3d image
Jun 23, 2011
I am attempting to create a backup image of my Windows 7 OS but when using the native Backup utility I only see a way to create an image with all of my files attached to the image when all I want is just a backup of just the barebones system. I lost my original Windows 7 Install disk so was hoping there was a way to get a copy of the OS since I just recently ordered an SSD. Basically I was hoping to move my OS install over to the SSD while keeping my files on my current HDD intact.
Sep 23, 2009
well, i was on my windows 7 computer, and it needed a restart... so i i restarted it.. but it said something like failed to load bootmgrpress ctrl+alt+del to restart so i did so, same error message.... so how would i fix this?am i going to have to re-install, and if not... how would i fix.... by the way, windows 7 is not loading.
Jul 9, 2011
I have my brothers laptop and the laptop is sitting at BOOTMGR is missing, I can get into BIOS. It will not see recovery disk and will not go into safe mode!!!It is set to boot from CD Rom but does not see the recovery disc. Is there anything that I can do? As I am now stuck
Sep 6, 2011
My husband's comp crashed...he had Win7 Os. Recovery did not work! I tried to reintall Win7 got as far as formatting the hard drive. I then reinserted the cd to reinstall and now all I get as far as &Press any key...& I press a key and &BOOTMGR MISSING& press ctrl + alt + del to restart. Of course this doesn't work.I have reset the bios so that cd-rom is the only bootable device. It will not move from the bootmgr missing screen. The cd is a legal bootable copy, the hard drive and dvd player work I have tried them in another comp.System Configuration[CODE]
Jan 30, 2012
computer froze up...tried to restore system at three different restore points and was unsuccessful...Then tried to recover to factory settings which was also unsuccessful...According to HP the factory settings are corrupted....Cannot boot the system because the BOOT MGR is wiped out...Computer is dead in the water....Suspect computer virus that caused the system to freeze up.
Apr 3, 2011
I'm currently stuck on this issue, while trying to solve another computer problem (as addressed in thread:I guess I botched it somewhere and I just get the bootmgr is missing message. [CODE]
May 6, 2011
Her computer is an HP laptop it is runnung windows 7 . I have created the recovery disk( 32 bit) from online as that is what most sites said to do. After it said it was loading the windows files I clicked next. Then it said system recovery options.In the box it says (recovered) 292135 MB (d Local Disk. It is checked on use recovery tool taht can help fix problems starting windows. I click next. I get a pop up that says this version of system recovery options is not compatible with the version of windows you are trying to repair,So then I made the 64 bit recovery disk & restarted. I was unsure if it was 64 bit or 32 bit to start.
Mar 13, 2012
First off, why is reinstalling windows 7 such a pita?
I've done it several times and it's soooooooo bad.
With that aside, tonight I was attempting to reinstall 64 bit from 32 bit.
I reformatted my hd using dos because advanced recovery simple does not work.
After formatting and restarting I'm getting te bootmgr error.
After reading countless threads with fixes nothing is helping.
I CANNOT get past this error.
I have the disc in, it won't go past the error.
Pushing f2, f8, and f12 does not work.
I can't do anything in the bios.
Most of the solutions simply assume you can get PAST the error.
The next step I tried was unplugging the hd I formatted and installing to a different hd.
This gives me an error of missing a device required.
At this point I have no idea what to do besides maybe reformatting the hd again using another pc.
Is there a recovery program I should dl to a blank cd?
Feb 6, 2012
make the partition as active by going to computer managment-& disk management got this popup message, Only make a partition as active if it contains a functioning
operating system. If the partition lacks an operating system. marking it
active might cause your computer to stop working. Do you want to
Aug 21, 2012
I was cleaning up some unwanted files on my computer and I decided to compress the drive then undo it after but I forgot to undo it :| I've looked everywhere and it says that I need a CD and sadly I don't have one. I then downloaded the recovery files from neosmart but I found out my computer won't read any CD's or DVD's and the USB method didn't work for me. I am also unable to go into the advanced boot options no matter how much I try.
Aug 22, 2012
ago i tested a Activator program on my temporary OS (im planing to install a genuine version next week) but when i reboot my screen displayed 'BOOTMGR is compressed Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart'. So i follow the instruction but my laptop will always display the same message over and over again. I found at the net that i need to repair install but my iso was on the OS and i cant even get them (no disk drive so im using usb).How can i fix this cuz i need to use my pc on Friday?
Apr 10, 2012
I have a very big problem with my reinstall of Windows 7 Pro.
I have now lost the bootmgr and am not able to &see& my SSD.
Ouch! I searched the forum for my error: 0x800704f and couldn't find it nor could I get to see my SSD and am therefore not able to use the tutorial to &get it back.& Well, I am at a loss at this point.
I was originally trying a fresh install of Windows 7 pro.
But, just prior, I got an error box that the Catalyst Control Center was not working properly(or something like that). But, when after all my efforts seemed to take me further down the rabbit hole. I concluded that I must post this thread!I built it myself and know just enough to make me dangerous![code]...
Mar 11, 2011
i had an unexpected shutdown, i tried to reinstall the windows 7 as it wasnt working. i formated the partition that the operating system was on, but then was unable to install the new OS. it wont let me delete partitions or create new ones.now everytime i start the computer it is missing bootmgr.ive tried unclicking the hard drive cables which gets me into the repairing windows bit. but this doesnt help as i deleted the OS.
Jul 25, 2009
Ok I have 2 Hard drives:320GB with XP installed.320GB split into 166GB (C:) and 132GB (E:) Installed Windows 7 onto C: (after XP) and am using E: to store all music, movies and photos. The problem is, I'm running out of space and I need to get rid of XP to use the rest of my 320GB. But all the boot stuff is on the XP drive. I have to point my BIOS to XP which then shows a menu with 'Windows 7' and 'An Earlier Version Of Windows'. If I was to format the XP drive now my Windows 7 drive wouldn't boot. I know this because when I point my BIOS to load from the Windows 7 HDD, it says MISSING NTLDR. I thought this was a file that was used before and up to XP so I don't know why Windows 7 wants it.The problem with this is that I don't know how to get the programs back into the registry. I could back it all up and import it again but I'm sure there'd be something to do with boot, which would cause my new Windows 7 to not boot. I wouldn't like to re-install everything on HDD since I have filled 160GB with programs. If it's neccassary I could do it as I keep every file I download in a single folder that is so big it can take minutes for windows to count :P (I don't keep replicas of the same stuff so if something is in a rar file then i will keep either the inside of it or keep the rar file, thats a bit off-topic.
Copyrights 2005-15 , All rights reservedBOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot.
- Windows 7 Help Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive
section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.
Show Threads
Show Posts
Windows 7: BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot.
windows 7 home premium
BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot.
My Dell laptop is saying BOOTMGR image is corrupt. the system cannot boot. I have no idea what to do, I'm not good with computers lol can someone tell me what i need to do?
Windows 7 Ult. x64
Hi and welcome,
Please follow the steps outlined here:
Keyboard Logitech G110
Mouse Logitech MX518
PSU Thermaltake ToughPower QFan 750W
Case Thermaltake Element S VK60001W2Z
Cooling Corsair H60 Water Cooling, 2*230mm and 2*80mm case fans
Hard Drives 1*Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD;
1*OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD;
2*Samsung F3 SpinPoint 1TB in RAID0;
1*Samsung F1 SpinPoint 1TB;
2*Western Digital 1TB External USB 3.0
1*Western Digital 500GB External USB 3.0
1*Seagate 500GB External USB 2.0
Internet Speed Not fast enough!!!
Antivirus MSE and Malwarebytes Pro 1.75
Browser Comodo Dragon
windows 7 home premium
That tutorial doesn't work for my computer I don't think. I don't have the advanced boot options on it. I only have Boot Options and Setup. So I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong? I already made a system recovery disk from my other computer.
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Fill out your system specs so we know what hardware you have.
Click on the link in my signature to do it.
Hard Drives 1TB 5400RPM Seagate
&BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot.
Similar help and support threads
Hello. I am very excited to start using the first computer I have ever built, and I have gotten to the BIOS setting, so I was hopeful. However, after checking that the system booted from the CD/DVD drive and then to the hard drive, I received the error message &Bootmgr image is corrupt. System can...
Installation & Setup
Hey guys newb here please don't shoot
I was having trouble migrating my OS to a new ssd and received the &Bootmgr is corrupt system can not boot& screen repeatedly after restoring from system image, kept happening so I just decided on a fresh install.
Install went well and was fully...
Installation & Setup
Hi Everybody,
just moved my uncles HDD to a SSD i finally got it to boot no problem and everything seems to be back to normal but a new issue has come up.
every 5th or 6th time i reboot it gives me the BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot error
then after i restart go into the...
Installation & Setup
I am using Try and Decide to install a software . When I reboot after
install, the computer does not start Windows 7 Ultimate 64. I just have a
black screen with the message &BOOTMGR is corrupt.System cannot boot!!!
I power off and start up again and the Acronis loader comes up with the
BSOD Help and Support
Bootmgr image is corrupt
my child is getting this when stating her laptop, it was a second hand laptop i bought a couple of months ago ,i have tried the recovery disc and then got this
The file or directory D:\Windows.old is corrupt and unreadable. please run the CHKDSK utility. Which it...
General Discussion
Site Links
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized,
sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation.
"Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.