merciful heartbeats什么意思 fish中文的意思?

浙江华维外国语学校07届高三英语能力训练(六)
作者: 来源: 发布时间:日
1. By the time you arrive in London, we _____ in Europe for two weeks.
A. shall stay
B. have stayed
C. will have stayed
D. have been staying
2. I appreciated ____ the opportunity to study abroad two years ago.
A. having been given
B. having given
C. to have been given
D. to have given
3. The heart is ____ intelligent than the stomach, for they are both controlled by the brain.
B. not much
C. much more
d. no more
4. The millions of calculations involved, had they been done by hand, _____ all practical value by the time they were finished.
A. could lose
B. would have lost
C. might lose
D. ought to have lost
5. It isn't cold enough for there _____ a frost tonight, so I can leave Jim's car out quite safely.
A. would be
6. Tom assured his boss that he would _____ all his energies in doing this new job.
A. call forth
B. call at
C. call on
D. call off
7. More than two hundred years ago the United States _____ from the British Empire and became an independent country.
A. got off
B. pulled down
C. broke away
D. dropped off
8. As your instructor advised, you ought to spend your time on something ____ researching into.
A. precious
D. valuable
9. Without the friction () between feet and the ground, people would ____ be able to walk. A. in no time
B. by all means
C. in no way
D. on any account
10. We are taught that a business letter should be written in a formal style _____ in a personal one.
A. rather than
B. other than
C. better than
D. less than
11. ______ is generally accepted, economical growth is determined by the smooth development of production.
12. John complained to the bookseller that there were several pages ____ in the dictionary.
A. missing
C. dropping
D. leaking
13. Do you enjoy listening to records? I find records are often ____ or better than an actual performance.
A. as good as
B. as good
D. good as
14. The article opens and closes with descriptions of two news reports, each _____ one major point in contrast with () the other.
C. is to make
15. The number of registered participants in this year's marathon was half _____.
A. of last year's
B. those of last year's
C. of those of last year.
D. that of last year's
16. I was speaking to Ann on the phone when suddenly we were _____.
A. hung up
B. hung back
C. cut down
D. cut off
17. She wondered if she could have the opportunity to spend ____ here so that she could learn more about the city.
A. sometimes
C. sometime
18. Christmas is a Christian holy day usually celebrated on December 25th ____ the birth of Jesus Christ.
A. in accordance with
B. in terms of
C. in favor of
D. in honor of
19. I would have gone to visit him in the hospital had it been at all possible, but I ____ fully occupied the whole of last week.
B. had been
C. have been
20. When workers are organized in trade unions, employers find it hard to lay them _____.
21. I worked so late in the office last night that I hardly had time ____ the last bus.
A. to have caught
B. to catch
C. catching
D. having caught
22. As it turned out to be a small house party, we _________ so formally .
A. needn't dress up
B. did not need have dressed up
C. did not need dress up
D. needn't have dressed up
23. Although a teenager, Fred could resist _____ what to do and what not to do.
A. to be told
B. having been told
C. being told
D. to have been told
24. There were many people present and he appeared only for a few seconds, so I only caught a _____ of him.
B. glimpse
25. I'm very glad to know that my boss has generously agreed to _____ my debt in return for certain services.
A. take away
B. cut out
C. write off
D. clear up
26. Smoking is so harmful to personal health that it kills ___ people each year than automobile accidents.
A. seven more times
B. seven times more
C. over seven times
D. seven times
27. This is an exciting area of study, and one ____ which new applications are being discovered almost daily.
D. through
28. As I'll be away for at least a year, I'd appreciate ____ from you now and then telling me how everyone is getting along.
B. to hear
C. to be hearing
D. having heard
29. If I were in a movie, then it would be about time that I ___ my head in my hands for a cry.
B. am burying
D. would bury
30. According to one belief, if truth is to be known it will make itself apparent, so one ____ wait instead of searching for it.
A. would rather
C. cannot but
D. had best
31. So involved with their computers _____ that leaders at summer computer camps often have to force them to break for sports and games.
A. became the children
B. become the children
C. had the children become
D. do the children become
32. This book will show the readers ___ can be used in other contexts.
A. how that they have observed
B. that how they have observed
C. how what they have observed
D. that they have observed
33. _____ the claim about German economic might, it is somewhat surprising how relatively small the German economy actually is.
A. To give
D. Having given
34. Rebecca______ me earlier if she did not like her house she bought last month.
B. would tell
C. had told
D. would have told
35. It has been estimated() that the earth's surface temperature has increased _____ sone quarter to three quarters of a degree since 1850.
36. Iceland lies far north in the Atlantic, with its northern most tip actually ____ the Arctic Circle .
A. touched
B. touches
C. touching
D. being touched
37. _____ I admit that there are problems, I don't' think that they cannot be solved.
38. The place is an ideal site for a university ______ it is far from the downtown area.
A. provided that
B. now that
C. so that
D. in that
39. He thought he could talk Mr. Robinson _____ buying some expensive equipment.
40. Today the public is much concerned about the way ____.
A. nature is being ruined
B. which nature is ruined
C. on which to ruin nature
D. of nature to be ruined
41. When I said goodbye to her, she _____ the door.
A. saw me at
B. set me off
C. sent me to
D. showed me to
42. In the meantime, the question facing business is whether such research is ____ the costs.
B. worth of
D. worthwhile
43. David likes country life and has decided to ______ farming.
A. go in for
B. go back on
C. go through with
D. go along with
44. We should be able to do the job for you quickly, ____ you give us all the necessary information.
A. in case
B. provided that
C. or else
45. The detective and his assistant have begun to ____ the mysterious murder.
A. look into
C. make over
D. come through
In the city of Fujisawa, Japan, lives a woman named Atsuko Saeki. When she was a teenager, she
of going to the United States. Most of what she knew about American
was from the textbooks she had read. “I had a
in mind: Daddy watching TV in the living
room, Mummy
cakes and their teenage daughter off to the cinema with her boyfriend.”
to attend college in California. When she arrived, however, she found it was not her
world. “People were struggling with problems and often seemed
,” she said. “I felt very alone.”
One of her hardest
was physical education. “We played volleyball.” she said. “The other students were
it, but I wasn't.”
One afternoon, the instructor asked Atsuko to
the ball to her teammates so they could knock it
the net. No problem for most people, but it terrified Atsuko. She was afraid of losing face
she failed.
A young man on her team
what she was going through. He walked up to me and
, “Come on. You can do that”
“You will never understand how those words of
made me feel…Four words: You can do that. I felt like crying with happiness.”
She made it through the class. Perhaps she t she is not
Six years have passed. Atsuko is back in Japan, working as a salesclerk. “I have
forgotten the words.” she said. “When things are not going so well, I think of them.”
She is sure the young man had no idea how much his kindness
“He probably doesn't even remember it,” she said. That may be the lesson. Whenever you say something to a person cruel or kindyou have no idea how long the words will
. She's all the way over in Japan, but still she hears those four
words: You can do that.
46. A. learned
C. dreamed
47. A. way
C. education
48. A. photo
B. painting
C. picture
D. drawing
49. A. baking
C. steaming
D. boiling
50. A. hoped
B. arranged
D. attempted
51. A. described
B. imagined
C. created
D. discovered
52. A. tense
B. cheerful
C. relaxed
D. deserted
53. A. times
B. question
C. classes
D. projects.
54. A. curious about
B. good at
C. slow at
D. nervous about
55. A. kick
56. A. through
57. A. after
C. because
58. A. believed
B. considered
C. wondered
59. A. warned
C. ordered
D. whispered
60. A. excitement
B. encouragement
C. persuasion
D. suggestion
61. A. interested
B. doubtful
C. puzzled
62. A. never
B. already
63. A. happened
B. applied
64. A. continue
65. A. merciful
Hello, children and parents. Thank you all for coaling to this meeting. I' d like to start by confirming that we will receive some money from the government for our school trip to Indonesia. We will receive approximately $ 1,300 per child, which will reduce the overall cost to you.
Now that we are sure to get the money, it is time to do some serious planning. We are sure that the trip will be very exciting for the children, especially if they have not traveled overseas before. There are many benefits to having some exposure to different places and cultures. Your children will be able to learn a lot about other people and cultures on this trip.
Leanne is with us tonight. Leanne, where are you? Put up your hand, Leanne, so that the people can see who you are. Thank you. Leanne went on the trip last year and will be happy to tell you of her experiences and answer any questions you might have. We will hear from her a bit later in the meeting.
We only have five months to organize the trip. From past experience I can tell you that this time will go very quickly! So we need to start organizing the trip.
This is the agenda for tonight' s meeting:
* Passport: when and how to apply for one
* Schedule: what places we will visit
* Health matters: what precautions you need to take, plus any special needs that your child may have
* Studying: description of the school and type of lessons your child will attend
* Money: paying for the trip, plus how much money your child should take
* Hotel: where we will be staying
* Clothing and personal items: what your children should take with them
Are there any other items that you would like to place on the agenda?
61. The key point of this speech is about _______
A. a school trip to another country
B. getting a job in another country
C. people studying in another country
D. schools in another country
62. The speaker will discuss the following except________
A. spending money
C. group leaders
D. places to see
63. ______ will help pay for this trip according to the text.
A. The students themselves
B. The students' parents
C. The organizer of the trip
D. The government
64.We can learn from the text that_______.
A. Leanne is from Indonesia and knows very well about the coming trip
B. the students are able to attend some lessons during their trip
C. the students going on the trip will cost nothing
D. the speaker is likely to come from the government
Nathaniel Heatwole
isn' t a terrorist. He' s a 20-year-old college student who just wanted to make a point about airline security. He aimed to show how easily someone could smuggle () weapons onto an airplane.
In mid-September, Heatwole hid box cutters, bleach () , matches, and modeling clay () that look like plastic explosives in the bathrooms of two Southwest Airlines planes. The items were discovered nearly a month later during airplane maintenance inspections in New Orleans and Houston.
In an e-mail to the Transportation Security Administration, Heatwole claimed responsibility for smuggling the item aboard in his carry-on luggage. Heatwole, a student at Guilford College in Greensboro, N. C. , had made his point. Now federal law enforcement authorities have a different point to make.
Heatwole was charged on October 20 with smuggling weapons onto a commercial airliner. The crime is a felony()for which Heatwole could face up to 10 years in prison. Heatwole claims he just wanted the government to improve airline safety. His intentions may have been good. Nevertheless, he broke the law. Now he faces the same penalty()that a terrorist might.
65 Why did Heatwole take some forbidden things onto airplanes?
A. To show how smart he was.
B. To make himself famous.
C. To see whether he would be punished for doing it.
D. To prove that airplanes have serious security problems.
66. The forbidden things were found ___________________
A. as soon as Heatwole left them onto the two planes
B. almost a month after he had left them onto the two planes
C. as soon as the planes landed at the airport of New Orleans and Houston
D. only after Heatwole claimed responsibility for smuggling the items aboard
67. Which of the following is true?
A. Heatwole thought what he had done was out of good intention.
B. Federal law enforcement authorities didn' t believe Heatwole' s story.
C. Heatwole failed to show the Transportation Security Administration how serious the security problems are.
D. The plastic explosives Heatwole took onto the planes were really very dangerous.
68. From the article, we can see that the author______
A. is for the intentions Heatwole had but against the way he took
B. doesn' t think Heatwole should be punished as a terrorist
C. only wants to objectively report the fact
D. supports Heatwole and asks the government to improve airline safety
There is no doubt about it. The best way to learn new words is to do it unconsciously. I don’t mean while you’re unconscious. I mean while you are unconscious of the fact that it is sinking in.
That is how I learnt the 30,000 words in my vocabulary by living in an English-speaking world, mother tongue. I just pick them up. But some of them may be misunderstood. Now, to misunderstand does not mean not to understand. To misunderstand is to understand but incorrectly.
The 5 % mislearnt of all the words we “know” will be the least frequently used words, as the more frequently used words are less likely to be mislearnt. Some of the misunderstandings may live with all our lives, without knowing that we got them wrong.
Many English teachers think that this natural method of learning words in one’s own mother tongue can be used for a second language learning. They teach their students how to play the Guessing Game. “There is no time to look up in your dictionaries all the new words you come across,” they will say. “You have to practise guessing what the word means from the context.”
This method of guessing in a second language learning does not work. It may succeed in many cases, but results in hundreds or thousands of wrongly-guessed meanings of words.
And what’s more, there are more separate meanings than there are words themselves. Our learners’ dictionaries usually have many meanings. A good dictionary is what makes self-learning possible.
Don’t guess! Look it up!
69. It is certain that the best way to learn new words is _____________.
A.to learn them by oneself
B. to learn by living in an English-speaking world and using them frequently
C. to guess them from the context
D. to get more separate meanings of each word
70. The underlined word “them” in Paragraph 2 refers to _________.
A. the 30,000 words
B. English teachers
C. misunderstood words
D. frequently used words
71. Which of the following is most likely NOT true?
A. Some of the words the writer knows must have been misunderstood.
B. Most of the 30,000 words the writer learned are frequently used ones.
C. How many words the writer got wrong are not known.
D. All the words the writer knows were learned by reading them.
72. It can be inferred that _________.
A. when somebody is conscious, he or she usually can’t learn new words by heart
B. we must use the words as often as possible in order to master them
C. it’s the best way to learn new words that one should only guess their meanings from the context
D. only dictionaries can help us learn language well
Vegetable may aid the brain
A study suggests certain vegetables such as broccoli()and spinachmight help older women keep their minds sharp.
Researchers have discovered that women in their 60s who eat more green leafy vegetables show less signs of mental decline over time, reported Wednesday’s CRI online.
They gave participants a bundle of tests measuring memory, oral ability and attention. The study didn’t include men, but researchers say a similar diet would likely have the same results.
Eating fish can cut risk of heart rhythm disorder
US scientists have found that eating fish can reduce the risk of deadly heartbeat disorders. They say baked fish can effectively reduce the risk of atria fibrillation()among older men and women, reported Tuesday’s CRI online.
Researchers say in their 12 years of research among 4,800 people over the age of 65,they found those who ate fish one to four times per week had a about 30 percent lower risk compared with those who ate fish less than once a month. They say the pmega-3 fatty acids in fish can reduce the risk of a range of heart disorders and is vital to brain development and function.
More than 2 million Americans are affected by atria fibrillation, a chronic() condition that causes shortness of breath and an inability to exercise.
Red wine may extend life
US scientists have found that a mixture that makes red wine a healthy drink may also hold the secret to a longer life. They say antioxidant() in wine acted on fruit flies and worms in the same way as a method known to extend the life of many animals, which is by sharply limiting how much they
reported Thursday.
Limiting calories has been shown to make animals such as dogs and monkeys live longer, but they are often tired and lose productivity.
The researchers will begin testing the mixture in mice, which are considerably closer to humans biologically.
73.The text is most likely to be published in_______.
A. a story book
B. an advertisement
C. a textbook
D. a scientific journal
74.What does the underlined word “vital” in the second part probably mean ?
B. crucial
D. unnecessary
75.Atria fibrillation can cause________.
A. mental problems
B. shortness of breath
C. fatness
D. poor memories
76.Which of the following statements is not true ?
A. Researchers don’t suppose that certain vegetables can keep men’s minds sharp
B. Those who eat more fish per week may have lower risks of heart disorders
C. A mixture in red wine holds the secret to a longer life.
D. There’re both advantages and disadvantages in limiting calories in animals
Many visitors to the United States find that the fast pace at which people move is very troubling. One’s first impression is likely to be that everyone is in a rush. City people always seem to be hurrying to get where they are going. And they are very impatient if they are delayed even for a brief moment.
At first this may seem unfriendly to you. But d shopkeepers will be in a hur people will push past you as they walk along the street. You will miss smiles and brief conversations with people
when you shop or dine in a restaurant. Do not think it is because Americans are in such a hurry that they are unfriendly. Life is often much slower outside the big cities, which is true in other countries as well.
Americans who live in cities such as New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles, often think that everyone is equally in a hurry to get things done. But when they discover that you are a stranger, most Americans become quite kindly and will take great care to help you. Many of them first came to the city as strangers and they remember how frightening a new city can be. If you need help or want to ask a question, choose a friendly looking person and say, ” I’m a stranger here. Can you help me?” Most people will stop, smile at you, and help you find your way or answer your questions. But you must let them know that you need help. Otherwise they are likely to pass you by, not noticing that you are new to the city and in need of help. Occasionally, you may find someone too busy or perhaps too rushed to give you aid. If this happens, d just ask someone else.
77.In American big cities, people rarely_______.
A. smile to each other
B. move at a past pace
C. chat with each other in a shop
D. dine away from home
78.According to the writer, American people are______.
A. unfriendly only when they are shopping
B. actually friendly to foreign visitors
C. indeed cold to foreign visitors
D. in no hurry when walking in the street
79.Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the text ?
A. Life pace is different inside and outside big cities.
B. Life pace is quite slow in other parts of the world.
C. Life pace is the same in different parts of the world.
D. Life pace is similar in American cities, big or small.
80.It seems that Americans are cold to you because they think_____.
A. you are a foreigner
B. you know their way of life
C. you are as busy as they are
D. you are a stranger there
The people below are all looking for a website to study EnglishRead the following information about the six sitesDecide which site would be the most suitable for the people mentioned in questions 66-70 and then mark the correct letterA—Fon your answer sheetThere is one extra paragraph about one site which you do not need to use
Li Ming is a student of EnglishRecently he comes across many idioms, which puzzle him a lotHe hopes to know more about English idioms
Zhang Hua is a student quite interested in EnglishHe has studied English by himself for 3 yearsand he wants to know how large his vocabulary is
Wang Lin is a student who wants to give his e-pal some suggestions on English learningbut he is not so sure about his English Ievel
Cheng Dong majors in Englishand he is now preparing a paper on English pronunciation, so he hopes to get some materials for it
Wu Hong is taking ESL soonBut he is still not so sure about his writing ability, so he is eager to get across to a site with various writing materials
AEveryday English in conversationDo you sometimes get worried when you’re unable to express yourself clearly? This website focuses on idiomatic and everyday expressions that can help learners deal with daily conversational situationsEach dialogue is accompanied by carefully designed exercises so you can follow the steps and practice at your own pace
BLearning writing English online: This online writing book was prepared for intermediateESL learners who want to improve their writing skillsThe site provides varieties of topicssample essaysand writing suggestions
http:// wwwrong- changcom/ book
CESL gold: This website provides hundreds of pages of flee English learning materialsResources are organized at various levels from low beginner to high beginner, low intermediatehigh intermediateand advancedNo matter which English level you’re atyou’11 find something for you here
DSound of English: Sounds of English is designed foe learners of American EnglishThis site includes: handouts from presentations, English pronunciation pages pictures, sounds, and vides to help you with English pronunciation, activities, and exercises for English pronunciation and listening
EFocus on EnglishThis site is to help ESLEFL learners develop conversational English skillsAt focusenglishcomyou can listen to native speakers talk about various topicslearn common words and phrasestest your vocabulary skills in everyday Englishpractice responding in Englishlisten to native speakers give sample responds
FEnglish-nowYou wi11 love English Now! Our classes are small which enrollnever more than six students per classOur friendly, highly qualified teachers are always eager to helpStudents come from all over the world to improve their conversational English in this warm friendly atmosphere
When I walked into the classroom, the teacher was handing
in the tests. I was feeling very nervous. I had not studied
1.___________
at all at the weekend as I had thought it would be easy test.
2. ___________
I went through the test for many times but I could only answer
3. ___________
three out from the twenty questions. I did not want to fail
4. ___________
the exam. Then, I put my book under my desk, opening it
5. ___________
and started looking for the answer. The teacher wasn’t
6. ___________
looking at me, but I copied something. Suddenly, I felt a hand
7. ___________
on my shoulder! The teacher caught me cheating. I don’t
8. ___________
know what to say. Luckily, the teacher did not punish for
9. ___________
cheating but instead gave me a second chance.
10. ___________
第五节 :单词拼写:
1With such a small i
, a great many workers in the factory can’t get enough to
2Have you ever heard from your parents or friends r
3Listen! The teacher is P
you for helping me with my physics
4Five students in our school were a
you for helping me with my physics
5Don’t try to hide anything any more! Actually I've known the whole story in d
6Little Tom is very happy because he is making p
at school every day
7Li Yuchun is a super girl who is f
to almost all the teenagers in China
8The beauty of the West Lake is b
description in words
9“You mustn’t leave the house without my P
” The angry mother said to her son
10People learn English for v
reasonsSome study for exams, some for business and others for travel, and so on
第六节 :书面表达
近日,你班在“珍爱生命,拒闯红灯”教育活动中,召开了一次主题班会。请你根据下表中的内容,用英语写一篇短文,给某英文报“时事大家谈”栏目投稿。
行人闯红灯的危害
1.妨碍交通,影响车辆的正常行驶。
2.容易引发事故,危及他人和自身的生命安全。
3.会产生负面影响,不利于良好社会风气的形成。
对行人闯红灯的处罚措施
1.批评教育,让其意识到闯红灯的危害性。
2.当场给予警告并罚款。
注意:1.发言稿的开头已为你写好,不计入总词数。
2.词数:100左右。
3.内容可适当发挥,注意行文连贯。
: pedestrians
Recently we have held a class meeting to discuss the problem of pedestrians running red lights____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
6-10 ACBCA
11-15 DA ADD
16-20DBDDA
21-25BDC BC
26-30 BCACD31-35 DCBDB
36-40 C DDDA
41-45 D AABA
45—50 CBCAB
55—60 BACBD
61—65 CBDDB
66—70 DADBC
71—75 ACDB D
76—80BAC DA
81—85 DBDBB
86—90 A CBAC
1. in→out
4. from→of
5. opening→opened
6. answer→answers
7. but→so
8. don’t→didn’t
9. punishme
9permission
One possible version:
Recently we have held a class meeting to discuss the problem of pedestrians running red lights. As we can see, some pedestrians don' t obey traffic rules and run red lights frequently, which blocks traffic and seriously affects the no besides, this kind of behavior can easily cause accidents , endangering the safety of themselves and others. In a word, running red lights can produce negative effects and does not do good to the development of good social behavior.
It is really a pity to see all this in our society. To deal with the situation, our government has taken some measures. When caught running red lights, the pedestrians are criticized to have them become aware of the dangers of doing this or are warned on the spot and fined for this.
For the sake of all,
not only should we obey the traffic rules, but also remind others of the importance of doing that.
【字体: 】 【】 【】 【】
没有关键字相关信息!
上一篇:[ 12-15 ]
下一篇:[ 10-24 ]}

我要回帖

更多关于 lion heart中文意思 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信