he seemed to be very boring的反义词是什么 so no one wanted to

He for two weeks , so he had a lot of work to .A.was absence , makeB.was absent , make upC.had absence , make outD.had absent , make 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
He&&&&&&&for&two&weeks&,&so&he&had&a&lot&of&work&to&&&&&&&.A.was absence , makeB.was absent , make upC.had absence , make outD.had absent , make
B本题考查时态和动词短语辨义。结合句意:他离开了两周,因此有许多工作要弥补。be absent缺席; 离开; make up构成,组成;(为…)化妆;补充,补足;和解。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
Dick lived in England. One day in January he said to his wife, &I'm going to fly to New York next week because I've got some work there.& &Where are you going to stay there?& his wife asked. &I don't know yet.& Dick answered. &Please send me your address from there in a telegram (电报),& his wife said. &All right,& Dick answered. &He flew to New York on January 31st and found a nice hotel in the center of the city. He put his things in his room and then he sent his wife a telegram. He put the address of his hotel in it. &In the evening he didn't have any work, so he went to a cinema. He came out at nine o'clock and said, &Now I'm going back to my hotel and have a nice dinner.& &He found a taxi and the driver said, &Where do you want to go?& But Dick didn't remember the name and address of his hotel. &&Which hotel are my things in?& he said, &And what am I going to do tonight?& But the driver of the taxi did not know. So Dick got out and went into a post office. There he sent his wife another telegram, and in it he wrote, &Please send me my address at this post office.&
Dick flew to New York because ___. A. he went there for a holiday B. he had work there C. he went there for sightseeing (观光) D. his home was there Why did his wife want a telegram from him?
A. Because she didn't know his address yet&
B. Because she wanted to go to New York, too C. Because she might send him another telegram D. Because she couldn't leave her husband by himself in New York
Who would send him the name and address of his hotel? &A. The manager of his hotel.&&& &&&&&&&&B. The police office. &C. The taxi driver.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. His wife. Which of the following is not true? &A. Dick stayed at a nice hotel in the center of the city. &B. Dick didn't work on the first night of his arrival. &C. Dick forgot to send his wife a telegram. &D. Dick wanted to go back to his hotel in a taxi.
Most people have heard of Shakespeare and probably know something of the plays that he wrote.However,not everybody knows much about the life of this remarkable man,except perhaps that he was born in the market town of Stratford?upon?Avon and that he married a woman called Anne Hathaway.We know nothing of his school life.We do not know,for example,how long it lasted,but we presume(推测)that he attended the local grammar school,where the principal subject taught was Latin. Nothing certain is known of what he did between the time he left school and his departure(出发)for London.According to a local legend,he was beaten and even put in prison for stealing rabbits and deer from the estate of neighbouring landowner,Sir Thomas Lucy.It is said that because of this he was forced to run away from his native place.A different legend says that he was apprenticed(做学徒)to a Stratford butcher, but did not like the life and for this reason decided to leave Stratford. Whatever caused him to leave the town of his birth,the world could be grateful that he did so.What is certain is that he set his foot on the road to fame when he arrived in London.It is said that at first he was without money or friends there,but that he earned a little by taking care of the horses of the gentleman who attended the plays at the theatre.They stopped and spoke to him.They found his conversations so brilliant(有才气的)that finally he was invited to join their company. 1.In the early life of Shakespeare,he ______. A.attended a public school       B.lived in London C.studied Latin            D.was put in prison for stealing cattle 2.Why was he forced to leave his native place according to this passage? A.Because he didn’t want to go to school. B.Because he left for London to become famous. C.Because he had stolen deer and was beaten. D.No one knows for certain. 3.What is the reason why the world could be grateful? A.He wrote many world?famous plays.      B.He was an actor. C.He lived a hard life.             D.He liked to travel all over the world. 4.“In time,as he became a familiar figure”“in time” means ______. A.on time      B.sometime      C.some time later    D.some time 5.The best title is ______. A.The Early Life of Shakespeare        B.Shakespeare’s Life in London C.Shakespeare’s Role in Performance     D.Shakespeare’s Later Life &
There's a man in the habit of hitting me on the head with an umbrella.At first I couldn't stand it;now I'm used to it.    I don't know his name.I know he's average in appearance,wears a gray suit,and has a common face.One hot morning,when I was sitting on a tree?shaded bench in Palermo Park,reading the paper,suddenly I felt something touch my head.It was the very same man who now,as I'm writing,keeps striking me with an umbrella.    On that occasion I turned around filled with anger.He just kept on hitting me.I asked him if he was crazy.He didn't even seem to hear me.Then I threatened to call a policeman.Calmly,cool as a cucumber,he stuck with his task.After a few moments of hesitation,and seeing that he was not about to change his attitude,I stood up and hit him on the nose.The man fell down.But he immediately got back on his feet,obviously with great effort,and without a word again began hitting me on the head with the umbrella.His nose was bleeding and,at that moment,I felt sorry for him.I felt regret for having hit him so hard.After all,the man wasn't exactly hitting me;he was merely tapping me lightly with his umbrella,not causing any pain at all.Of course,those taps were extremely bothersome.As we all know,when a fly lands on your forehead,you don't feel any pain;what you feel is annoyance.Well then,that umbrella was one huge fly that kept landing on my head time after time.    Convinced that I was dealing with a madman,I tried to escape.But the man followed me,wordlessly continuing to hit me.So I began to run(I should point out many people run as fast as I do).He took off after me,trying to land a blow.The man was out of breath so that I thought,if I continued to force him to run at that speed,he would drop dead right then and there. 1.When the man began to strike the author with an umbrella,the author________. A.became angry B.called the police C.turned around and escaped D.turned around and fought back 2.The author would most probably agree that the man was ________. A.deaf      B.blind C.dead      D.mad 3.The author felt sorry for the man because________. A.the man formed a bad habit of beating others B.he hit the man so hard that his nose bled C.the man couldn't catch up with him D.there was a fly on the man's head 4.It can be learned from the passage that the man ________. A.shouted loudly while hitting the author B.wanted to tell the author something C.ran after the anthor breathlessly D.acted as if he were a fly &
来源:陕西省宝鸡市2010届高三教学质量检测三(英语)
题型:完型填空
完形填空(共20小题,每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,从短文后所给各题的四处选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 A cat which became famous in Britain for riding on the buses around the southern English city of Plymouth has died after being killed by a car. Casper, a 12 -year-old black and white cat,&& 26&& leave his house, trotted (慢跑) across the street to the bus stop, queued with bus passengers and'waited for his 27 .He then hopped(跳跃) on the number3 bus to find his& 28&& seat to curl up on before hopping off at his 29 .The cat was so clever that he knew& 30&& stop to get off and drivers made sure that he wouldn' t get off at some random(随意的)&& 31&.Also, the cat seemed to know where to get back& 32 , and then he trotted off home.Many local people also knew Casper, who loved everyone and also enjoyed the 33 ourneys, It seemed that 12 -year-old Casper had discovered a very efficient way to 34&& the English city of& Plymouth in his golden years. However, one day ,&& 35 a motorist hit him and did not stop.Casper was then, in fact, crossing the street to lcatch his usual No.3 bus&& 36&& he was struck by the car.Our friend, Caspar ___37 his injuries.On hearing the news of his death, many people were 38& . A company spokesman said in a statement that Casper _39_ many people' s lives and clearly had a very& 40 life traveling around Plymouth.He also suspected that Casper was telling all the other cats in the heaven a bout the many& 41_he had experienced.& Casper' s owner, 55 -year - old Susan Finden, said he had always been a free spirit and was named&& 42&& the cartoon character Casper the Friendly Ghost, because of his habit of 43 off.Finden .posted a sign at Casper' s bus stop to let people know, that they' d no longer be enjoying the company of the cat of whom they'd grown so& 44 . Casper was a special cat and he had a wonderful life.A& 45& of the cat will continue to be used on one of the company' s buses. He will be missed for ever.26.A.used to&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.liked to&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.hated to&&&&&&&&& D.had to27.A.time&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.turn&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.place&&&&& D.order28.A.best&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.favpritest&&&&&&&&&&&& C. most&&&&&&&&& D.favorite29.A.destination&&&&&&&&& B.determination&&&&&& C.decision&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.description30.A.where&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.at which&&&&&&&&&&&& C.what &&&&&&&& D.in which31.A.station&&&&&&&&&&& B.stop&& C.spot&& D.scene32.A.up&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.down&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.off&&&&& D.on&&&&&33.A.bus&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.car && C.rail&&&&&&&&&& D.air34.A.get across&&&&&&&&&& B.get through&&&&&&&& C.get down&&&&&&&&&& D.get around35.A.sadly&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.luckily&&&&&&&&& C.happily&&&&&&& D.strangely36.A.while&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.as&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.when&&&&&&&&&&& D.then37.A.died off&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.died from&&&&&&&&&&& C.died down &&&&&&& D.died away38.A.shocked&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.interested&&&&&&&&&& C.surprised&&&&&&&& D.excited39.A.changed&&&&&&&&&&&& B.touched&&&&&&&&&&& C.turned&&&&&&& D.challenged40.A.discouraging&&&&&&&& B.discouraged&&&&&&&& C.excited&&&&&&&& D.exciting41.A.adventures&&&&&&&&& B.accidents&&&&&&&&&& C.friends&&&&&&& D.incidents42.A.by&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.from&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.through&&&&&&&&&&&& D.after43.A.wondering&&&&&&&&&&& B.wandering&&&&&&&&& C.cutting&&&&&&&&&&&& D.going44.A.familiar&&&&&&&&&&&& B.similar&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.fond&&&&&&&&&& D.popular45.A.picture&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.signal&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.movie &&&&&& D.card
来源:2011年湖南省常德市六中高三英语模拟试卷
题型:完型填空
He never believed that true love existed. His parents divorcedwhen he was young and he didn’t think that true love was able to survive in today’s world. He was &&36&&wrong. His grandparents were always supportive to the kids and tried to help them when their parents &&37&. He knew they loved each other, he just wasn’t sure it was true love. He had &&38&&heard them say, “I love you” or they hadn’t shown any affection &&39&&hugging. They had been married for over fifty years and he thought that their true love was gone. But again he was wrong. His grandfather, Ralph, was struck ill in his junior year of college and he didn’t know how serious it was until he fell and hurt his hip (臀). While in the hospital, the doctors &&40&&&&a tumor (瘤) in his lungs. They told him that he had lung cancer and due to previous illnesses, they could not operate and he was too &&41&&for chemotherapy (化疗). It was around Thanksgiving and by Christmas his condition worsened. The cancer spread and in late January his sister away at college too, called him crying and said she was on her way home because the doctors told their family that their &&42&&had only a week to live, that by the weekend he would &&43&&&be with them. Their family came in from around the country and stayed next to his side. It was not until then that he &&44&&that true love did exist and would survive beyond death. Every night as his grandfather grew more fragile, he would &&45&&sweet words to grandmother, Madge. The night before he died grandmother was walking out of his room and he said to her “I love you Madgie baby”. The next morning he received a phone call at work that grandfather had passed during the night. Throughout his short battle &&46&&cancer, he realized how much two people can love each other and he realized how much it means to be loved and give love. It is the greatest &&47&&on earth and it lasts beyond life because you never forget your one true love.【小题1】A.believedB.provedC.askedD.realized【小题2】A.diedB.marriedC.divorcedD.fought【小题3】A.everB.neverC.evenD.often【小题4】A.other thanB.less thanC.rather thanD.better than【小题5】A.took outB.found outC.set outD.put out【小题6】A.strongB.fatC.shortD.weak【小题7】A.grandfather B.grandmotherC.fatherD.mother【小题8】A.no betterB.no worseC.no lessD.no longer【小题9】A.realizedB.saidC.sawD.mentioned【小题10】A.speakB.shoutC.whisperD.talk【小题11】A.byB.inC.onD.with【小题12】A.smileB.battleC.giftD.surprise
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号君,已阅读到文档的结尾了呢~~
扫扫二维码,随身浏览文档
手机或平板扫扫即可继续访问
V K Sykes - [Philadelphia Patriots 01-03] - F H Bigger than Beckham
举报该文档为侵权文档。
举报该文档含有违规或不良信息。
反馈该文档无法正常浏览。
举报该文档为重复文档。
推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='/DocinViewer-4.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口He came into the room to shut the windows while we were still in bed and I saw he looked ill. He was shivering, his face was white, and he walked slowly as though it ached to move.“What's the matter, Schatz?”“I've got a headache.”“You better go back to bed.”“No. I'm all right.”“You go to bed. I'll see you when I'm dressed.”But when I came downstairs he was dressed, sitting by the fire, looking a very sick and miserable boy of nine years. When I put my hand on his forehead I knew he had a fever.“You go up to bed,” I said, “You're sick.”“I'm all right,” he said.When the doctor came he took the boy's temperature.“What's is it?” I asked him.“One hundred and two.”Downstairs, the doctor left three different medicines in different colored capsules with instructions for giving them. One was to bring down the fever, another a purgative(泻药), the third to overcome an acid condition. The germs of influenza(流感)can only exist in an acid condition, he explained. He seemed to know all about influenza and said there was nothing to worry about if the fever did not go above one hundred and four degrees. This was a light epidemic(传染病;传染性的) of flu and there was no danger if you avoided pneumonia(肺炎).Back in the room I wrote the boy's temperature down and made a note of the time to give the various capsules.“Do you want me to read to you?”“All right. If you want to, “ said the boy. His face was very white and there were dark areas under his eyes. He lay still in the bed and seemed very detached(超然的;冷漠的)from what was going on.I read aloud from Howard Pyle's Book of Pirates(海盗);but I could see he was not following what I was reading.“How do you feel, Schatz?” I asked him.“Just the same, so far,” he said.I sat at the foot of the bed and read to myself while I waited for it to be time to give another capsule. It would have been natural for him to go to sleep, but when I looked up he was looking at the foot of the bed, looking very strangely.“Why don't you try to sleep? I'll wake you up for the medicine.”“I'd rather stay awake.”After a while he said to me, “You don't have to stay in here with me, Papa, if it bothers you.”“It doesn't bother me.”“No, I mean you don't have to stay if it's going to bother you.”I thought perhaps he was a little lightheaded and after giving him the prescribed capsules at eleven o'clock I went out with my gun and the young hunting dog….I killed two quail(鹌鹑), and missed five, and started back pleased to have found a covey of quail close to the house and happy there were so many left to find on another day. At the house they said the boy had refused to let anyone come into the room.“You can't come in,” he said. “You mustn't get what I have.”I went up to him and found him in exactly the position I had left him, white-faced, but with the tops of his cheeks flushed(发红)by the fever, staring still, as he had stared, at the foot of the bed.I took his temperature.“What is it?”“Something like a hundred,” I said. It was one hundred and two and four tenths.“It was a hundred and two,” he said.“Who said so?”“The doctor.”“Your temperature is all right,” I said. “It's nothing to worry about.”“I don't worry,” he said, “but I can't keep from thinking.”“Don't think,” I said. “Just take it easy.”“I'm taking it easy,” he said and looked straight ahead, He was evidently holding tight onto himself about something.“Take this with water.”“Do you think it will do any good?”“Of course it will.”I sat down and opened the Pirate book and began to read, but I could see he was not following, so I stopped.“About what time do you think I'm going to die?” he asked.“What?”“About how long will it be before I die?”“You aren't going to die. What's the matter with you? ““Oh, yes, I am, I heard him say a hundred and two.”“People don't die with a fever of one hundred and two. That's a silly way to talk.”“I know they do. At school in France the boys told me you can't live with forty-four degrees. I've got a hundred and two.”He had been waiting to die all day, ever since nine o'clock in the morning.“You poor Schatz,” I said. “Poor old Schatz. It's like miles and kilometers. You aren't going to die. That's different thermometer. On that thermometer thirty-seven is normal. On this kind it's ninety-eight.”“Are you sure?”“Absolutely,” I said, “It's like miles and kilometers. You know, like how many kilometers we make when we do seventy miles in the car?”“Oh,” he said.But his gaze at the foot of the bed relaxed slowly. The hold over himself relaxed too, finally, and the next day it was very slack(松驰的) and he cried very easily at little things that were of no importance.小题1:The author writes about the doctor’s visit in order to _____.A.show the doctor’s knowledge about influenza and its treatmentB.show the boy’s illness was quite seriousC.create a situation of misunderstanding around which to build a story D.show the father was very much concerned about the boy’s illness小题2:The pronoun “it” in “Papa, if it bothers you” (line 41) refers to _____.A.the boy’s high temperatureB.the father giving the medicine to the boy C.the father staying with the boyD.the boy’s death小题3:It can be inferred from the story that it is _____ by the time the father gets home from hunting. A.early in the afternoonB.close to eveningC.at noonD.late in the morning小题4:From the story we know that the boy kept tight control over himself because _____. A.he did not want to be a bother to othersB.he wanted to recover quickly so that he could go hunting with his fatherC.he was afraid that he would die if he lost control over himselfD.he thought he was going to die and he must show courage in the face of death小题5:That the boy cried very easily at little things of no importance the next day suggests that _____.A.he couldn’t control his emotions when he finally relaxed B.his father would go out hunting without him if he didn’t cryC.something went wrong with his brain after the feverD.he often complained about unimportant things as a spoiled boy小题6:The theme of the story is _____.A.death is something beyond a child’s comprehensionB.to be calm and controlled in the face of death is a mark of courageC.misunderstanding can occur even between father and son D.misunderstanding can sometimes lead to an unexpected effect - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:He came into the room to shut the windows while we were still in bed and I saw he looked ill. He was shivering, his face was white, and he walked slowly as though it ached to move.“What's the matter, Schatz?”“I've got a headache.”“You better go back to bed.”“No. I'm all right.”“You go to bed. I'll see you when I'm dressed.”But when I came downstairs he was dressed, sitting by the fire, looking a very sick and miserable boy of nine years. When I put my hand on his forehead I knew he had a fever.“You go up to bed,” I said, “You're sick.”“I'm all right,” he said.When the doctor came he took the boy's temperature.“What's is it?” I asked him.“One hundred and two.”Downstairs, the doctor left three different medicines in different colored capsules with instructions for giving them. One was to bring down the fever, another a purgative(泻药), the third to overcome an acid condition. The germs of influenza(流感)can only exist in an acid condition, he explained. He seemed to know all about influenza and said there was nothing to worry about if the fever did not go above one hundred and four degrees. This was a light epidemic(传染病;传染性的) of flu and there was no danger if you avoided pneumonia(肺炎).Back in the room I wrote the boy's temperature down and made a note of the time to give the various capsules.“Do you want me to read to you?”“All right. If you want to, “ said the boy. His face was very white and there were dark areas under his eyes. He lay still in the bed and seemed very detached(超然的;冷漠的)from what was going on.I read aloud from Howard Pyle's Book of Pirates(海盗);but I could see he was not following what I was reading.“How do you feel, Schatz?” I asked him.“Just the same, so far,” he said.I sat at the foot of the bed and read to myself while I waited for it to be time to give another capsule. It would have been natural for him to go to sleep, but when I looked up he was looking at the foot of the bed, looking very strangely.“Why don't you try to sleep? I'll wake you up for the medicine.”“I'd rather stay awake.”After a while he said to me, “You don't have to stay in here with me, Papa, if it bothers you.”“It doesn't bother me.”“No, I mean you don't have to stay if it's going to bother you.”I thought perhaps he was a little lightheaded and after giving him the prescribed capsules at eleven o'clock I went out with my gun and the young hunting dog….I killed two quail(鹌鹑), and missed five, and started back pleased to have found a covey of quail close to the house and happy there were so many left to find on another day. At the house they said the boy had refused to let anyone come into the room.“You can't come in,” he said. “You mustn't get what I have.”I went up to him and found him in exactly the position I had left him, white-faced, but with the tops of his cheeks flushed(发红)by the fever, staring still, as he had stared, at the foot of the bed.I took his temperature.“What is it?”“Something like a hundred,” I said. It was one hundred and two and four tenths.“It was a hundred and two,” he said.“Who said so?”“The doctor.”“Your temperature is all right,” I said. “It's nothing to worry about.”“I don't worry,” he said, “but I can't keep from thinking.”“Don't think,” I said. “Just take it easy.”“I'm taking it easy,” he said and looked straight ahead, He was evidently holding tight onto himself about something.“Take this with water.”“Do you think it will do any good?”“Of course it will.”I sat down and opened the Pirate book and began to read, but I could see he was not following, so I stopped.“About what time do you think I'm going to die?” he asked.“What?”“About how long will it be before I die?”“You aren't going to die. What's the matter with you? ““Oh, yes, I am, I heard him say a hundred and two.”“People don't die with a fever of one hundred and two. That's a silly way to talk.”“I know they do. At school in France the boys told me you can't live with forty-four degrees. I've got a hundred and two.”He had been waiting to die all day, ever since nine o'clock in the morning.“You poor Schatz,” I said. “Poor old Schatz. It's like miles and kilometers. You aren't going to die. That's different thermometer. On that thermometer thirty-seven is normal. On this kind it's ninety-eight.”“Are you sure?”“Absolutely,” I said, “It's like miles and kilometers. You know, like how many kilometers we make when we do seventy miles in the car?”“Oh,” he said.But his gaze at the foot of the bed relaxed slowly. The hold over himself relaxed too, finally, and the next day it was very slack(松驰的) and he cried very easily at little things that were of no importance.小题1:The author writes about the doctor’s visit in order to _____.A.show the doctor’s knowledge about influenza and its treatmentB.show the boy’s illness was quite seriousC.create a situation of misunderstanding around which to build a story D.show the father was very much concerned about the boy’s illness小题2:The pronoun “it” in “Papa, if it bothers you” (line 41) refers to _____.A.the boy’s high temperatureB.the father giving the medicine to the boy C.the father staying with the boyD.the boy’s death小题3:It can be inferred from the story that it is _____ by the time the father gets home from hunting. A.early in the afternoonB.close to eveningC.at noonD.late in the morning小题4:From the story we know that the boy kept tight control over himself because _____. A.he did not want to be a bother to othersB.he wanted to recover quickly so that he could go hunting with his fatherC.he was afraid that he would die if he lost control over himselfD.he thought he was going to die and he must show courage in the face of death小题5:That the boy cried very easily at little things of no importance the next day suggests that _____.A.he couldn’t control his emotions when he finally relaxed B.his father would go out hunting without him if he didn’t cryC.something went wrong with his brain after the feverD.he often complained about unimportant things as a spoiled boy小题6:The theme of the story is _____.A.death is something beyond a child’s comprehensionB.to be calm and controlled in the face of death is a mark of courageC.misunderstanding can occur even between father and son D.misunderstanding can sometimes lead to an unexpected effectHe came into the room to shut the windows while we were still in bed and I saw he looked ill. He was shivering, his face was white, and he walked slowly as though it ached to move.“What's the matter, Schatz?”“I've got a headache.”“You better go back to bed.”“No. I'm all right.”“You go to bed. I'll see you when I'm dressed.”But when I came downstairs he was dressed, sitting by the fire, looking a very sick and miserable boy of nine years. When I put my hand on his forehead I knew he had a fever.“You go up to bed,” I said, “You're sick.”“I'm all right,” he said.When the doctor came he took the boy's temperature.“What's is it?” I asked him.“One hundred and two.”Downstairs, the doctor left three different medicines in different colored capsules with instructions for giving them. One was to bring down the fever, another a purgative(泻药), the third to overcome an acid condition. The germs of influenza(流感)can only exist in an acid condition, he explained. He seemed to know all about influenza and said there was nothing to worry about if the fever did not go above one hundred and four degrees. This was a light epidemic(传染病;传染性的) of flu and there was no danger if you avoided pneumonia(肺炎).Back in the room I wrote the boy's temperature down and made a note of the time to give the various capsules.“Do you want me to read to you?”“All right. If you want to, “ said the boy. His face was very white and there were dark areas under his eyes. He lay still in the bed and seemed very detached(超然的;冷漠的)from what was going on.I read aloud from Howard Pyle's Book of Pirates(海盗);but I could see he was not following what I was reading.“How do you feel, Schatz?” I asked him.“Just the same, so far,” he said.I sat at the foot of the bed and read to myself while I waited for it to be time to give another capsule. It would have been natural for him to go to sleep, but when I looked up he was looking at the foot of the bed, looking very strangely.“Why don't you try to sleep? I'll wake you up for the medicine.”“I'd rather stay awake.”After a while he said to me, “You don't have to stay in here with me, Papa, if it bothers you.”“It doesn't bother me.”“No, I mean you don't have to stay if it's going to bother you.”I thought perhaps he was a little lightheaded and after giving him the prescribed capsules at eleven o'clock I went out with my gun and the young hunting dog….I killed two quail(鹌鹑), and missed five, and started back pleased to have found a covey of quail close to the house and happy there were so many left to find on another day. At the house they said the boy had refused to let anyone come into the room.“You can't come in,” he said. “You mustn't get what I have.”I went up to him and found him in exactly the position I had left him, white-faced, but with the tops of his cheeks flushed(发红)by the fever, staring still, as he had stared, at the foot of the bed.I took his temperature.“What is it?”“Something like a hundred,” I said. It was one hundred and two and four tenths.“It was a hundred and two,” he said.“Who said so?”“The doctor.”“Your temperature is all right,” I said. “It's nothing to worry about.”“I don't worry,” he said, “but I can't keep from thinking.”“Don't think,” I said. “Just take it easy.”“I'm taking it easy,” he said and looked straight ahead, He was evidently holding tight onto himself about something.“Take this with water.”“Do you think it will do any good?”“Of course it will.”I sat down and opened the Pirate book and began to read, but I could see he was not following, so I stopped.“About what time do you think I'm going to die?” he asked.“What?”“About how long will it be before I die?”“You aren't going to die. What's the matter with you? ““Oh, yes, I am, I heard him say a hundred and two.”“People don't die with a fever of one hundred and two. That's a silly way to talk.”“I know they do. At school in France the boys told me you can't live with forty-four degrees. I've got a hundred and two.”He had been waiting to die all day, ever since nine o'clock in the morning.“You poor Schatz,” I said. “Poor old Schatz. It's like miles and kilometers. You aren't going to die. That's different thermometer. On that thermometer thirty-seven is normal. On this kind it's ninety-eight.”“Are you sure?”“Absolutely,” I said, “It's like miles and kilometers. You know, like how many kilometers we make when we do seventy miles in the car?”“Oh,” he said.But his gaze at the foot of the bed relaxed slowly. The hold over himself relaxed too, finally, and the next day it was very slack(松驰的) and he cried very easily at little things that were of no importance.小题1:The author writes about the doctor’s visit in order to _____.A.show the doctor’s knowledge about influenza and its treatmentB.show the boy’s illness was quite seriousC.create a situation of misunderstanding around which to build a story D.show the father was very much concerned about the boy’s illness小题2:The pronoun “it” in “Papa, if it bothers you” (line 41) refers to _____.A.the boy’s high temperatureB.the father giving the medicine to the boy C.the father staying with the boyD.the boy’s death小题3:It can be inferred from the story that it is _____ by the time the father gets home from hunting. A.early in the afternoonB.close to eveningC.at noonD.late in the morning小题4:From the story we know that the boy kept tight control over himself because _____. A.he did not want to be a bother to othersB.he wanted to recover quickly so that he could go hunting with his fatherC.he was afraid that he would die if he lost control over himselfD.he thought he was going to die and he must show courage in the face of death小题5:That the boy cried very easily at little things of no importance the next day suggests that _____.A.he couldn’t control his emotions when he finally relaxed B.his father would go out hunting without him if he didn’t cryC.something went wrong with his brain after the feverD.he often complained about unimportant things as a spoiled boy小题6:The theme of the story is _____.A.death is something beyond a child’s comprehensionB.to be calm and controlled in the face of death is a mark of courageC.misunderstanding can occur even between father and son D.misunderstanding can sometimes lead to an unexpected effect科目:难易度:最佳答案小题1:C小题2:D小题3:B小题4:D小题5:A小题6:B解析
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心}

我要回帖

更多关于 so boring 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信