His parents are pilot(pilot要不要不要加s)

1—5: ACBAC
请选择年级七年级八年级九年级请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:初中英语
来源:湖北省中考真题
题型:阅读理解
阅读理解。&&&& Yang Cangxu has recently become hot on the Internet. He is considered as a hero, and known as"A Professional Life Saviour", because he has saved 24 people's lives during the past 26 yeasrs.Yang, a typical Chinese farmer, lives in Baoji, Shanxi Province. He is good at swimming, which is also his favorite.When he was young, he joined the army. ① The life in the army had a great influence on him. It also helped to form one of his characters(性格) --being ready to help others.&&&& Just seven to eight meters away from his home flows a channel(水渠). The water is very deep and flows fast. There is a bridge over the channel. Walking across the bridge is not an easy thing. From time to time, people fall into the water. If this happens, the person must be rescued in time. ② Otherwise, he or she will be washed away by the water.&&&& ③ Yang Cangxu is always the first one to rush to the channel to save the drowning person. We must learn from him. 1. 将①处翻译成汉语。&&&& _________________________________________________ 2. 根据②处内容,完成下面的句子。(每空一词)&&& Otherwise,&the&water&will&_____ him or her _____.3. 根据③处内容,其将改为定语从句。(每空一词)&&& Yang&Cangxu&is&always&the&first&one&_____&&_____&to&th&e channel&to&save&the&drowning&person.
来源:同步题
阅读理解。根据短文内容用适当的单词完成下面句子。Dear Mike,&&&& We got your letter yesterday. Yes, we can visit you at Christmas. We thought to spend (度)Christmas& at home, but now we are going to be with you. Jack will not be in school then.&&&&&&&& The weather in Chicago is cold, but it doesn't matter. Sometimes we like the snow. &&&& We got our plane tickets. We will get to your city on the 18 th. We will stay with you for two weeks. &Is that all right with you?&&&& We'll &take our favourite recipes (食谱), so we can have a nice Christmas dinner. &&&& See you soon. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &Love&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &Mum and Dad1. In Chicago, it is _____ now. 2. Mike has a brother called _____&.He is in school now. 3. Mike's parents will go to his city by _____&.4. His parents will come back on _____&31 st. 5. Mike and his parents will _____&a nice dinner on Christmas Day.
阅读理解Dear Mike,&&&&We got your letter yesterday. Yes, we can visit you at Christmas. We thought to spend(度) Christmasat home, but now we are going to be with you. Jack will not be in school then.&&&&The weather in Chicago is cold, but it doesn't matter. Sometimes we like the snow.&&&&We got our plane tickets. We will get to your city on the 18 th. We will stay with you for two weeks. Isthat all right with you?&&&&We'll take our favourite recipes(食谱), so we can have a nice Christmas dinner.&&&&See you soon.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Love&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& &&Mum and Dad根据短文内容用适当的单词完成下面句子:1. In Chicago, it is __________ now.2. Mike has a brother called __________. He is in school now.3. Mike's parents will go to his city by __________.4. His parents will come back on __________ 31st.5. Mike and his parents will __________ a&nice dinner on Christmas Day.
来源:江苏月考题
阅读理解。&&&& As the sun rose, a dewdrop (露珠) woke up.& There it sat on a leaf, catching the sunlight. Proud of its simple beauty, &it was very happy.& Around it were other dewdrops, &some on the same leaf and some on other leaves. The dewdrop was sure that it was the best, the most special dewdrop of them all.&&&& Ah, it was good to be a dewdrop.&&&& The& wind& blew& and& the plant began to shake,& tipping &(使倾斜)& the leaf . The& dewdrop &became frightened as it started to move towards the edge (边缘)of the leaf. Why was this happening? Things were comfortable. Things were safe. Why did they have to change? Why? Why?&&&& The dewdrop& reached& the edge of th e leaf.& It was sure that this was the end.& The day had only just begun and the end had come so quickly. It seemed so unfair. It seemed so meaningless. It tried hard to do whatever it could to stay on the leaf, but it was no use.&&&& Finally, it fell. Below there was a mirror. A reflection of the dewdrop seemed to be coming up to meetit.&&Closer and closer they came together until finally.., the small dewdrop became a part of the great pond (池塘). Now the dewdrop was no more, but it was not destroyed.&&&&& It had become one with the whole.1. According to Paragraph 1, we know that the dewdrop _____. A. didn't get on well with other dewdrops B. thought its beauty was too simple C. couldn't get any sunlight D. thought itself as the best dewdrop2. The dewdrop became _____ as it started to move towards the edge of the leaf. A. scared B. happyC. proudD. comfortable 3. Which of the following is TRUE according to the story? A. There was only one dewdrop on the leaf. B. The dewdrop did nothing before falling. C. The mirror in the story refers to the pond.D. The dewdrop was actually destroyed. 4. What does the underlined word "reflection" mean?A. 反映B. 考虑C. 沉思D. 倒影5. The story mainly tells us that _____. A. we should work together against difficultiesB. people should not be too proud of themselvesC. one should work hard for his/her goalsD. it's good to become one with the whole
阅读理解。
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Mascota(吉祥物)for the Olympic Games
1. From the information above, we know the Olympic Games is held every _____&years.
A. 3B. 4 &C. 5
2. The mascots for Beijing Olympic Games are 2 more than those for _____ Olympic Games.
A. Sydney B. Los Angeles C. Atlanta
3. The mascot for the_____Olympic Games was the first Olympic mascot in Olympic history.
A. 1996 MunichB. 1984 BeijingC. 1972 Munich
4.The 23rd and 26th Olympic Games were held in the same _____.
A. townB. cityC. country
5. Which of the following information is NOT true?
A. The 1996 Olympic Games was held in America.B. The 27th Olympic Games was held in Europe.C. Beijing is getting ready for the 29th Olympic Games.高频词,一定要记得哦!
英['pa?l?t]
美['pa?l?t]
n. 飞行员,宇航员,引航员;舵手,试播节目,指导员,自动驾驶仪v. 驾驶,带领,试验,试点adj. 试验性的,导向,辅助性的
The pilot was able to land the plane safely.
这名飞行员安全地着陆了。
The pilot had to bail out of the broken plane.
飞行员必须自损坏的飞机中跳伞。
In a calm sea every man is a pilot.
风平浪静时,人人都可以当舵手。
Samuel earned his steamboat pilot's license.
塞缪尔拿到了轮船舵手执照。
A pilot episode of Nothing's Impossible has already been filmed.
《一切皆有可能》的试播集已拍摄出来了。
It is a ten-year pilot project backed by the trade and industry department.
这是由贸易和工业部支持的为期10年的试点项目。
He viewed them with the manner of a fatherly pilot, his countenance radiant with benevolence.
他像一位慈父般的老向导那样看着他们,脸上堆着慈祥的笑容。
It's a non radio-coupled automatic pilot.
这是个非无线电耦合的自动驾驶仪。
He cut in the automatic pilot.
他接通自动导向器。
In many projects a small pilot tunnel is driven before the full diameter of the tunnel is excavated.
在许多隧道工程中,都要在隧道全面开挖前打一个导洞。
He piloted his own plane part of the way to Washington.
乘私人飞机去华盛顿的路上,有一段行程是他自己驾驶的。
When did you learn to pilot an airplane?
你什么时候学会驾驶飞机的?
The manager will pilot you through the factory.
经理会带领你叁观工厂。
Tourists need a guide to pilot them through the Casbah.
游客需要一名导游来带领他们游览卡斯巴。
Practically all these devices for saving time and labor have been piloted in the fifties.
这些省时省力的装置在50年代差不多都试验过了。
The Ministry of Education has piloted a bilingual approach towards the teaching of Chinese.
教育部正在进行双语华文教学法试验性计划。
Bill didn't like to pilot the boat.
比尔不愿为这只船引航。
It's hard to pilot a vessel in rough weather.
在大风浪中为船舶引航是很困难的。
We're doing a pilot su if it sells well, we'll go into full production.
我们正为这产品进行实验性试销,如果销路好的话就会全面生产。
This is the pilot oil regulating valve.
这是控制油的调节阀。
1.fly a plane
2.act as the navigator in a car, plane, or vessel and plan, direct, plot the path and position of the conveyance
Is anyone volunteering to navigate during the trip?
Who was navigating the ship during the accident?
1.someone who is licensed to operate an aircraft in flight
2.a person qualified to guide ships through difficult waters going into or out of a harbor
3.a program exemplifying a intended to attract sponsors
4.an original model on which something is patterned
5.small auxiliary gas burner that provides a flame to ignite a larger gas burner
6.an inclined metal frame at the front of a locomotive to clear the track
只有登录后,才能查看此项,现在是否?
1.The pilot's eyes grew moist.
飞行员的双眼显得湿润起来。
2.Samuel earned his steamboat pilot's license.
塞缪尔拿到了轮船舵手执照。
3.This is the pilot oil regulating valve.
这是控制油的调节阀。
4.The pilot lost control of the plane.
飞行员失去了对飞机的控制。
5.pilot: Equipment check... arm main parachute.
飞行员:检查装备...背上主降落伞。
1.&astronaut,pilot
这两个名词者指驾驶飞行装置的人员。astronaut指在外层空间(outer space)驾驶宇宙飞船、航天飞机等飞行装置的宇航员。pilot指不进入外层空间的各类飞机的驾驶员。
2.&direct,conduct,guide,lead,pilot
这些动词都含“引导”之意。direct指为某人指方向,但自己不一定亲自引路,也可表示指导一群人的事或活动。conduct正式用词,指引导某人去某处,强调亲自带领;也强调监督管理一群有共同目的或目标的人。 guide普通用词,可与conduct换用,指引导者与被引导者双方彼此合作,共同努力的关系。lead指走在前面给某人引路或带路人共同去达到某一目标。用于抽象意义时,指在某项活动或运动中起主导和组织作用。pilot从原义“为飞机、轮船导航”借喻为指亲自带领某人去某处。
好文推荐:小题1:D小题2:A小题3:C小题4:C小题5:D试题分析:文章大意:本文讲述美国一位天生无臂的女子杰西卡?考克斯身残志不残,获得了一些令人吃惊的成就的故事。小题1:D 主旨大意题。文章第二段主要描述了杰西卡?考克斯取得的一些成就。故D正确。小题2:A细节理解题。根据文章第三段首句Now Cox is the subject of a new documentary, Rightfooted, Which Cox says the hopes will inspire disabled young people around the world 可知拍这个纪录片是为了能够鼓舞世界上所有残疾的年轻人。故A正确。小题3:C 细节理解题。根据文章第四段后面一句She says she believes her message can reach millions of people working to overcome a variety of disabilities.可知她想成为演说家的目的是为了帮助人们克服残疾。 故C正确。小题4:C细节理解题。根据文章最后一段she has been invited by non-governmental organization Handicap International to work with disabled children in Ethiopia Cox is extremely excited for the opportunity可知国际残联协会的目标是建立残疾儿童教育项目,故C正确。小题5:D推理判断题。本文讲述美国一位天生无臂的女子杰西卡?考克斯身残志不残,获得了一些令人吃惊的成就的故事,可知她是一个有坚强信念的人,故D正确。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
Recently,I flew to Las Vegas to attend a meeting. As we were about to arrive,the pilot announced with apology that there would be a slight &&&&before setting down. High desert winds had &&&&&&the airport to close all but one runway. He said that we would be &&&&&&&the city for a few minutes waiting to &&&&&. We were also told to remain in our seats meanwhile(同时) with our seat belts fastened&&&&&there might be a few bumps(颠簸).Well,that few minutes turned into about four—five minutes,including a ride that would make a roller coaster(过山车)&&&&by comparison(比较起来).The movement was so fierce(猛烈的) that several passengers felt&&&&&and had to use airsickness(晕机) bags. As you might guess,that’s not good thing to have happen in a(n) &&&&&space because it only&&&&&to increase the discomfort of the situation.
About twenty minutes into the adventure,the entire airplane became very&&.There was now a sense of anxiety and fear that could be&&&&noticed.Every passenger simply held on for dear life …except one. A&&&&was having a good time! With each bump of the__ ___he would let out a giggle(咯咯的笑)of delight. As I observed this,I&&&&&&&that he didn’t know he was supposed to be afraid and worried about his &&&&&.He neither thought about the past nor about the future .Those are what we grown—ups have learned from&&&&&.He was&&&&the ride& because had not yet been taught to fear it. Having understood this,I took a deep breath and&&&&&&&&&back into my seat,pretending(假装) I was &&&&&&on a roller coaster. I smiled for the rest of the flight. I even&&&&&&to giggle once or twice ,much to the chagrin(懊恼)of the man sitting next to me holding the airsickness bag.小题1:A.mistake B.delay(延期) C.changeD.wind小题2:A.forcedB.warnedC.sweptD.reminded小题3:A.watchingB.visiting C.circlingD.crossing小题4:A.arriveB.enterC.stopD.land小题5:A.ifB.thoughC.becauseD.while小题6:A.lightB.paleC.difficultD.quick小题7:A.sickB.nervousC.a ngryD.afraid小题8:A.emptyB.narrowC.secretD.open小题9:A.happens B.continues C.failsD.serves小题10:A.quietB.hotC.dirtyD.crowded小题11:A.partlyB.graduallyC.shortly(立刻)D.clearly小题12:A.pilotB.babyC.guardD.man小题13:A.seatsB.passengersC.flightD.airplane小题14:A.realizedB.hopedC.agreedD.insisted小题15:A.healthB.safetyC.joyD.wealth小题16:A.teachers B. booksC.experience D.friends小题17:A.learningB.taking C.missingD.enjoying小题18:A.satB.jumpedC.wentD.rode小题19:A.nearly B.finally C.reallyD.suddenly小题20:A.attemptedB.managedC.wantedD.decided
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。Mrs. White lost her dog. After searching place after place, she placed a “Lost Dog” advertisement in the local newspaper. The following morning her phone rang and a &&&&&&voice began, “I’m calling about your&& __&&.” Then the caller coughed and cleared her voice a few times. She &&&&&&that she wasn’t feeling well and that, in fact, she hadn’t felt well &&&&&&her husband died three years ago. She went on to tell that her parents had passed away, and her sister was &&&&&&with a deadly illness. Even her friends were not doing well. After 30 minutes of &&&&&, sympathizing and even trying offers of help, the dog owner&& __&&&the conversation back to the &&&&&&subject. “About the dog,” she said.“Oh,” the caller &&&&&, “I don’ t have him. I just thought I’d call to &&&&&&you up.” Maybe her technique needed improving, but her &&&&&&were right on. And though “cheering up” may not be exactly what we &&&&&, we certainly need encouragement --- &&&&&&--- at times. The need for sincere &&&&&&is basic among human beings.Do you need encouragement? There’re those who will support your side. Educator Booker T. Washington observed, “There’re two ways of &&&&&&one’s strength:&& __&&&is pulling up.” There’re people ready to pull you up when others are pushing down. We need those people in our lives - those who use their strength by pulling us up.I believe these people can be found &&&&&. I believe that we can all become “&&&&”, lifting one another from dark pits of discouragement to the light of &&&&&. And when that happens, the world will never be &&&&&.小题1:A.loudB.weak C.sweetD.strong小题2:A.bagB.phoneC.dogD.wife小题3:A.insistedB.demandedC.explainedD.complained小题4:A.sinceB.when C.untilD.though小题5:A.concernedB.blessedC.affectedD.diagnosed小题6:A.talkingB.explainingC.questioningD.listening小题7:A.ledB.startedC.removedD.forgot小题8:A.casualB.toughC.originalD.usual小题9:A.agreedB.repliedC.advisedD.asked小题10:A.keepB.putC.cheerD.get小题11:A.greetingsB.instructionsC.intentionsD.directions小题12:A.requireB.enquireC.rejectD.ensure小题13:A.taking upB.picking upC.putting upD.pulling up小题14:A.encouragementB.apologyC.friendshipD.gratitude小题15:A.makingB.exercisingC.gainingD.collecting小题16:A.anotherB.othersC.elseD.the other小题17:A.nowhereB.everywhereC.elsewhereD.somewhere小题18:A.pullersB.pushersC.believersD.callers小题19:A.confidenceB.faithC.successD.hope小题20:A.differentB.the sameC.similarD.contrary
Once there was a man who liked to eat mangoes(芒果). One day he decided to get the sweetest mango from the very top of the tree. Mangoes which are exposed to the sun the most are the sweetest.So he climbed up to the top, where the branches were thin. He managed to pick up a few sweet reddish fruits, but, in an attempt to climb down, he slipped and started falling towards the ground. Fortunately, he caught the branch as he was falling and remained helplessly hanging on the tree. Then he started to call nearby villagers for help. They immediately came with a ladder and sticks, but could do little to help him. Then after some time one calm and thoughtful person arrived - a well-known sage who lived in a simple hut nearby. People were very curious to see what he would do, as he was famous in solving many people’s problems in the area and sometimes very complicated ones.He was silent for a minute and then picked up a stone and threw it at the hanging man. Everybody was surprised. The hanging mango lover started to shout: What are you doing?! Are you crazy? Do you want me to break my neck?”& The sage was silent. Then he took another stone and threw it at the man. The man was very angry: “If I could just come down, I would show you!”That’s what everybody wanted - that he came down. But how? Now everybody was tense(紧张), as to what would happen next! Some wanted to punish the sage, but they didn’t. The sage picked another stone and threw it again at the man, even more forcefully. Now the man on the tree was enraged and developed a great determination to come down and take revenge(报仇).He then used all his skill and strength and somehow reached the branches which were safe to start going down. And he made it! Everybody was amazed.However, the rescued man found the sage gone. He stood there, realizing that the man really helped him because he induced him to try his best and save himself.“I should be thankful and not angry.” 小题1:What happened after he had picked a few sweet reddish mangoes?A.He remained hanging helplessly on the tree.B.He slipped and fell to the ground suddenly.C.He was climbing down quickly but carefully.D.He shouted loudly for help but no one helped.小题2:How did the man feel when the sage hit him with a stone?A.He was nervous.B.He kept silent.C.He was angry.D.He felt surprised.小题3:What do you think motivated the man to climb down?A.Courage. B.Assistance.C.Carefulness.D.Revenge.小题4:From the story we know that the sweetest mango must be the one&&&&&&&&.A.on the tree for the longest timeB.hidden in the middle of a treeC.on the very top of the a treeD.exposed to sunlight less often小题5:The best title of this passage will be _____.A.Anger saves one’s life. B.Wisdom does count.C.Skill and strength count.D.Anger is the biggest enemy.
The worker I hired to repair my house had just finished a difficult first day on the job. A broken wheel m his ladder (梯子) fell down when he was painting the roof and now his old truck wouldn' t start. With each problem he shouted angrily, more at himself than at his things. As I drove him home, the man didn't say a word.I tried talking to the man to kill time. I managed to find out that he had come up from Blue Hills in Victoria with his family six months ago to find a job. This was his first job since moving here. I now knew why his price was lower than any other worker I could find in the local newspaper. He really needed the job. His clothes told me as much.On arriving, much to my surprise, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked through his front garden he suddenly stopped at a small tree and placed his hands on it. Then, when he opened the door he completely changed. Instead of his troubled face, there was now a warm smile, hugs for his two children and a kiss for his wife.The following day, I asked him about the tree."That's my trouble tree," he answered. "Work troubles aren't welcome at home with my wife and the children. So I hang them on that tree every night when I come home. Then in the morning I pick them up again. ""And you know what else?" he said smiling,"The next morning I find that there aren't as many as I remember hanging up the night before. "小题1:Which of the following things did NOT happen to the worker? A.His truck broke down.B.He was late for work.C.He fell onto the roof.D.His ladder fell down.小题2:When did the worker first arrive in this town?A.Today.B.Last night.C.Six weeks ago.D.Six months ago.小题3:Where did the writer find the worker?A.Through a newspaper.B.Beside the trouble tree.C.In his old house.D.In Blue Hills, Victoria.小题4:Why did the worker touch the tree?A.To get good luck,B.To leave his trouble outside.C.To send good wishes to his family.D.To clean his hands.小题5:What can we learn from the passage?A.Looking for a job can make trouble.B.It is important to get to work on time.C.Often our problems are worse than what we think.D.A happy family can make many problems go away.
[1]Although known as an extraordinarily successful businessman, Warren Buffet comes off as a pretty ordinary person.[2]Looking back on his childhood, one can see how serious he was about making money. Buffet used to go door-to-door and sell soda pop. Later, he also worked at his grandfather’s grocery store. At the ripe age of 11, Buffet bought his first stock(股票). When his family moved to Washington D.C., Buffet became a paperboy for The Washington Post. While still in school, he was making $175 a month, a full-time wage for many young men.[3]From the beginning, Buffet made his fortune from investing. He started with all the money that he had made from selling pop, delivering papers and so on. Between 1950 and l956, he grew his $9, 800 to $14, 000.From there, he organized investment partnerships with his family and friends, and then gradually drew in more people through very attractive terms. [4]Buffet applied to Harvard Business School but &&&&&&&&, making it to be one of the worst admission decisions in Harvard history. The outcome ended up affecting Buffet’s life deeply, for he ended up attending Columbia Business School, where he studied under Benjamin Graham, the father of securities analysis who provided the foundation for Buffet’s grand success. [5]Buffet is a person of habit—same house, same office, same city. He doesn’t collect houses or cars or works of art, and he hates companies that waste money on such goods. Instead, he has established the Buffet Foundation, with a detailed plan on how to invest his money more wisely to society. 小题1:What kind of person is Buffet according to Paragraph 1? (no more than 10 words)_____________________________________________________________________小题2:What does the writer intend to tell us in Paragraph 2? (no more than 10 words)_____________________________________________________________________小题3:According to Paragraph 3, how did Buffet start his investment? (no more than 10 words)_____________________________________________________________________小题4:Fill in the blank in Paragraph 4 with proper words. (no more than 3 words)_____________________________________________________________________小题5:Explain the underlined sentence in Paragraph 5.(no more than 10 words)_____________________________________________________________________
By the age of almost four,& Elijah Edney has never had a haircut in his life.& But now he can ' t wait to visit the barber's& -& for two reasons: losing his two - foot - long golden hair will mean&& that strangers stop mist the hair will be donated to charity to provide a wig&& (假发) for a child with cancer. Mrs.& Edney, who works in a restaurant, says, "Elijah has always had beautiful hair, so I let him grow it as he w8nted.& It' s like silk.& But now it is at a stage where people mistake him for a& girl and he wants it cut into a boy's haircut. " Mrs.& Edney and her husband want to collect enough money-&350-to process Elijah's hair& for a sick child.& She says,& "I couldn't bear to see all Elijah's beautiful hair go to waste and my& mum mentioned charities that have human hair made into wigs. " Mrs. Edney says, "If we can raise the amount we want, it will mean a family will not have&& to pay for the wig and can receive it for free.& When you've got children yourself, you hope that if& they lost their hair someone would do the same for them by donating their hair. " The two-foot-long hair will be donated to the Little Princess Trust (小公主信托基金)& to& make a wig for children suffering cancer. Elijah keeps telling people he is giving his hair to poor& princesses and he is so excited about it. A spokesman for the Little Princess Trust says, "We're very grateful to anyone who decides&& to have their hair cut to donate it to the Little Princess Trust. As a result of hair donations like& this, the charity receives real-hair wigs for free to pass on to families whose children have sadly& lost their own hair through cancer treatment. "小题1:Why has Mrs.& Edney let Elijah's hair grow so long?A.Because Elijah has beautiful hair.B.Because she likes long hair.C.Because Elijah looks nice with long hair.D.Because she wants to donate his hair to charity.小题2:Who first thought of charities that use human hair?A. Elijah's father.B. Elijah's mother.C. Elijah himself.D. Elijah's grandmother.小题3:Elijah's parents try to raise money to _________.A.pay the barber for his workB.process his hair into a wigC.give the Little Princess Trust along with a wigD.give a child who lost his hair through cancer treatment小题4:What does Elijah think of his hair being given to a charity?A.He doesn't care about it.B.He wants to keep it a secret.C.He is excited about it.D.He feels sad for poor children.小题5:According to the last paragraph, the Little Princess Trust________.A.encourages people to cut their hair to donate itB.welcomes and gives thanks for such donationsC.gives free wigs to children who have lost their hairD.provides treatment for children with cancer
My nephew's 10-year-old son came for a visit one hot,July weekend. I persuaded him to  inside and joined him in a game. After  for an hour, I suggested that we relax for a while. I fell into my favorite recliner(躺椅)to let my neck muscles relax. He'd slipped out of the room and I was catching a few enjoyable moments of peace and quiet. "Look,Alice,”he said  as he ran over to the chair where I was sitting"I found a kite. Could we go outside and   it?" Glancing out a nearby window, I noticed it was  outside.“I'm sorry, Tripper,.” I said, sad to see his   eyes. "The wind is not blowing today. The kite won't fly.” The  10-year-old replied,“I think it's windy enough. I can get it to fly,”he answered as he ran out to the back door   Up and down in the yard he ran, pulling the kite   to a small length of string. He ran back and forth,as hard as his ten year-old legs would carry him, looking back  at the kite behind. After about ten minutes of unsuccessful determination, he came back in. I asked, "How did it go?" "Fine,”he said, not wanting to admit   .“I got it to fly some” As he walked past me to return the kite to the closet shelf, I heard him say under his breath, "I guess I'll have to wait for the  .” At that moment I heard another Voice speak to my   . "Alice, sometimes you are just like that. You want to do it your way instead of waiting for the Wind.,, And the voice was right. We usually want to use our own efforts to   what we want to do. We wait for the Wind only after we have done all we can and have exhausted(耗尽) our own  &.We must learn how to rely on Him in the first place!小题1:A.liveB.studyC.stayD.lie小题2:A.playingB.restingC.challengingD.arguing小题3:A.casuallyB.enthusiasticallyC.stubbornlyD.deliberately小题4:A.decorateB.dropC.hangD.fly小题5:A.hotB.stillC.noisyD.fine小题6:A.brightB.disappointedC.dullD.satisfied小题7:A.cleverB.talentedC.determinedD.fearless小题8:A.hurriedlyB.curiouslyC.suddenlyD.unwillingly小题9:A.adaptedB.addedC.attachedD.devoted小题10:A.angrilyB.nervouslyC.doubtfullyD.hopefully小题11:A.winB.defeatC.mistake D.luck小题12:A.windB.orderC.newsD.sunshine小题13:A.heartB.memoryC.dreamD.world小题14:A.imagineB.decideC.applyD.accomplish小题15:A.courageB.patienceC.strengthD.knowledge
Richard Wagner was a German musician has been a very controversial(有争议的) person, but he has gained great fame by writing opera, a form of performance combining singing, music on instruments, and drama.&While he wrote excellent music, many people think his operas are too dark and serious, lacking the fun common in operas written before his time.&Wagner, on the other hand, thought the opera of his time was too simple.He wanted to make opera a serious form of art that combined drama and music to tell deep stories that would have a strong effect on the audience.& Some people thought Wagner’s new kind of music was too different from the operas they were used to hearing.Wagner agreed with them.In fact, he didn’t call his works “operas” at all, using instead a German word that means “Musical Festival” or “Musical play”. While many people today still do not like Wagner’s operas, they cannot deny that Wagner has had a lot of influence on opera as a form of art.Wagner invented the tradition of turning off the lights before starting a play.He also was the first person to make the whole audience sit down for an entire play.Today, almost all operas are performed in this manner.&Wagner as a man was even more controversial than Wagner as a writer of music.He hated Jewish people, and made many people angry, which we would today think of as evil.Some would say he was a good musician, while others would say that he was a bad musician.But it would be difficult to say he was not an important person in music and in the world.&小题1:Which of the following best expresses the main idea of the passage?A.Richard Wagner is not worth talking aboutB.Richard Wagner has made many people angryC.Richard Wagner has contributed much to opera.D.Richard Wagner is a very controversial man.小题2:Why did Wagner write what is considered serious music?A.He wanted to influence people with deep stories.B.He wanted to make his music simple to follow.C.He wanted to make it suitable for his deep voice.D.He was greatly influenced by previous musicians.小题3:Wagner’s works were different from normal opera of his time NOT because________.A.he called his works “Musical Festivals”B.his drama, music and singing are combinedC.the lights are off before starting a playD.the audience could sit down during his play小题4:Which of the following statements about Wagner’s works is TRUE?A.His works are seldom acceptedB.His works are known to be funny.C.His works started a new tradition.D.Most people are angry about his works.}

我要回帖

更多关于 my parents are both 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信