第二胎申请书怎么写小题第三小题怎么写

46---49&& ADCD&&略
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
.第二节完型填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从36—55各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。Stephen Glenn is a famous scientist who has made several medical breakthroughs. When&& 36&& why he was so much more&& 37&& than the average person, he replied that it all came from an experience&& 38&& his mom.At 2, he was trying to&& 39&& a bottle of milk from the refrigerator when he&& 40&& his hold on the slippery bottle and it fell, spilling (洒) its contents all over the kitchen floor! When his mom came in, instead of shouting at him or&& 41&& him a lesson, she said, “Robert, what a great mess you’ve made! I’ve&& 42&& seen such a sea of milk. Well, now that the&& 43&& has been done, would you please get down and&& 44&& in the milk for a while&& 45&& we clean it up?”So happily he did. After that, his mom said, “Robert, whenever you make such a mess like this, you’ll have to clean it up and restore (恢复) everything to its proper&& 46& . So which do you prefer, a sponge, towel or mop?” He&& 47&& the sponge and tighter they cleaned up the milk. His mom then said, “Robert, you’ve just had a&& 48&& experiment how to carry a big milk bottle&& 49&& with two tiny hands. Now go to the sink to fill the bottle with&& 50&& and see if you can discover a way to carry it safely.” Instantly Robert learned that he could&& 51&& it if he grasped the bottle at the&& 52& near the lip with both hands.
53& wonderful a lesson! The famous scientist then remarked it was then and there that he came to know that&& 54&& were just opportunities for learning something new, which is what scientific experiments are all about.Wouldn’t in be great if all parents could react the way Robert’s mom did to&& 55& ?36.A.puzzled&&&&&& B.explained& C.asked &&& D.wondered37.A.creative&&&&&& B.diligent&&&& C.cautious&&& D.aggressive38.A.beyond&&&&&&& B.with&&&& C.about &&& D.from39.A.deliver&&&&&&& B.remove&&&& C.bring &&& D.make40.A.dismissed&&&& B.tightened& C.caught&&&&& D.lost41.A.teaching&&&&& B.punishing& C.directing&& D.taking42.A.sometimes&&&&&&&&& B.always&&&&& C.rarely&&&&&&&&& D.mostly43.A.experiment&&&&& B.damage&&&& C.work &&& D.favor44.A.drink &&&&&&& B.gather&&&&&& C.swim &&& D.play45.A.after&&&&&&&& B.when &&& C.before&&&&& D.once46.A.situation&&&&& B.model&&&&&& C.order &&& D.size47.A.chose&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.used&&&& C.liked &&& D.saw48.A.useless&&&&&&&& B.funny&&&&&& C.valid &&& D.failed49.A.effectively&&&&&&&&& B.heavily&&&& C.strongly&&& D.luckily50.A.milk&&&&&&&& B.water &&& C.sand&&&& D.stones51.A.complete&&&& B.try&&&&&& C.make &&& D.get52.A.bottom&&&&&&& B.cover &&& C.outside&&&& D.top53.A.How &&&&&&& B.Too&&&&& C.Very&&&& D.What54.A.tests&&&&&&&& B.mistakes&& C.exercises&& D.achievements55.A.it&&&&&&&&&&&& B.them &&& C.her&&&&&& D.him
题型:阅读理解
.CISHAN,Aug 12-Hundreds of people were still missing today in remote villages in southern Taiwan and disaster officials said they were uncertain how many people might have been killed by mudslides triggered by Typhoon Morakot.Morakot, which did terrible damage to Taiwan over the weekend, has killed about 70 people across the island and caused farm-related loss of more than NT& $9& billion (RMB 964 million). More than 100 people have been killed in Asia due to Morakot and tropical storm Etau. But several hundred villagers listed as missing were found alive in areas where roads were washed out and access was limited to helicopters. The government sent special forces with satellite phones to the hardest hit areas."We are anxious to do our best to get the trapped people out," said Hu Jul-chou, an army official involved in the rescue effort. "Hopes are getting slimmer as the days go by."Hu said it was unclear how many people were buried and feared dead in villages in southern Taiwan. "I have to say I feel pretty good to be alive," said Lin Dong-wen, 45, from the village of Namahsia, sitting in front of a pile of medicine after being hoisted away by a rescue helicopter."If I had been left there any longer, I wouldn't have made it. I saw the mudslide coming," said Lin after arriving in Cishan, hub of rescue efforts."It was really huge, and I passed out. When I awoke, there was mud all over and I climbed out of it."Helicopters dropped food and supplies to survivors .Other rescue teams piloted rubber dinghies through raging muddy rivers.Groups of anxious relatives awaited the arrival of helicopter flights at the makeshift rescue base.Some survivors tried to call relatives on mobile phones."Right after the mudslide, we managed to get in touch with our family members through mobile phones and text messages," said 41-year-old teacher awaiting news at the rescue hub. "But later they switched off their phones to save power."45. From the text we know that _________________A Morakot has made more than 100 people dead in TaiwanB Morakot has caused as much loss to Taiwan as other partsC Morakot stayed over Taiwan over the weekD Morakot has brought worries to the officials46. The villagers who were thought to be missing_________.A were trapped in some areasB wouldn’t get in touch with othersC only liked to be taken out by helicopterD wanted to keep the buried company47.According to Lin Dong-wen,________A the disaster lasted for a long timeB the village was destroyed in a flashC he wanted to hold the mudslideD the mudslide frightened him into unconsciousness48.Which of the following is true according to the text ?A& All the survivors trapped have been rescued by helicopters.B& All the relatives can ring the survivorsC& The government has adopted other rescue forms.D& The mudslide will become more serious.
.Once upon a time, there was a seed and because he was only a seed, nobody cared to notice him. Thus, feeling kind of inferior, the seed gave no importance to his existence.Then one day, a wind picked him up and threw him on an open field under the hot sun. He wanted to know why. But instead of any answer, he was provided with rain besides sunlight, sometimes small and sometimes heavy.Time flew and years later he saw a traveler sitting by his side. "Thank God for this. I really need some rest," he heard the traveler say."What are you talking about?" the seed soon asked. He thought the man was making fun of him. Sure, he had seen many people sitting by his side but no one ever spoke to him like that."Who's this?" the man was surprised.'It's me. The seed.""The seed?" the man looked at the big tree. "Are you kidding me? you're no seed. You're a big tree?"Really?""Yes! Why do you think people come here? To feel your shade!"A moment passed before the traveler's words touched the chord (心弦)& in him. The seed, now a great tree, smiled for the first time in his life. Years of sufferings from the sun and the rain finally made sense to him."Oh! That means I'm not a small seed anymore!& I didn't die unnoticed but was born to help people with tiredness. Wow! Now that's a life worth a thousand gems (宝石)!"60. What does the underlined word "inferior" (in Paragraph 1) probably mean?A. Not funny.&&&& B. Not weak.&& C. Not good.& D. Not interesting.61. The seed thought the man sitting by his side was laughing at him because _______.A. the man didn't think the seed was importantB. the seed never thought he could be noticedC. the man was talking about God with himD. the man really wanted some rest near him62. When the seed first heard that he had been a big tree, he felt _______.A. disappointed&&&&&&& B. excited&&& C. doubtful&&&&&& D. satisfied63. The passage mainly tells us that ________.A. every life is of some value&&&&&&&&&& B. one's existence is in need of a finderC. life goes on no matter what happens&&& D. failure is the mother of success
.第三部分:阅读理解 (共两节,满分40分)第一节:(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 One night about nine o’clock, Dr. Eyck, a surgeon, had a phone call from Dr. Haydon at the hospital in Clens Falls. The surgeon was asked to go there at once to operate on a very sick boy who shot himself while playing with a gun.The doctor was soon on his way to Clens Falls. It was 60 miles away. And it was snowing heavily in the city. The surgeon thought he could get there before 12 o’clock.A few minutes later, the doctor was stopped by a man in an old black coat. Gun in hand, the man ordered the doctor to get out. Then the man drove the car down the road, leaving the doctor in the falling snow.It was after 2 o’clock in the morning when the doctor arrived at the hospital in Clens Falls. Dr. Haydon told him that the boy had died an hour before.The two doctors walked by the door of the hospital waiting room. There sat the man in the old black coat with his head in his hands.“Mr. Cuninghan,” said Dr. Haydon to the man, “This is Dr. Eyck. He is the surgeon who walked all the way from Albany to save your boy.”56. Dr. Haydon asked Dr. Eyck to come to Clens Falls because _____.A. Dr. Eyck knew the boy was wounded by a shot&B. The boy needed the help of a surgeonC. Dr. Eyck was the boy’s father&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. Dr. Eyck was Haydon’s friend57. The surgeon was late because ________.A . his car was taken away&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. the weather was rather terribleC.Clens Falls was too far from Albany&&&& D. he was stopped by the police58. Choose the right order of the following events given in the story. a. Dr. Eyck was asked to come to the hospital in Clens Falls.b. Dr. Eyck arrived at the hospital.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&c. The boy shot himself.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&d. The boy died.e. The man in an old coat reached the hospital. &f. Dr. Eyck was robbed of his car.A. c, e, f, a, b, d &&&&&&&&& B. a, c, f, d, b, e&
C. c, a, f, e, d, b&&&& D. a, c, f, e, d, b59. The boy could have been saved if ______.A. he had not been sent to the hospital&&&&& B. his father hadn’t arrived in timeC. Dr.Eyck had arrived earlier than the man D. Dr. Eyck had arrived there two hours earlier&&
.  Larry Walters’boyhood dream was to fly. After finishing school, Larry joined the U.S. Air Force, but was refused from pilot-training school because of poor eyesight. However, his dream remained.   Larry, aged 33, was a truck driver in Los Angeles. One day, while sitting outside and watching jets fly overhead, an idea came to him to use weather balloons to fly.   A few weeks later, Larry bought 42 weather balloons. He tied them to a chair and filled them with helium(氦). Then he sat down in the chair with some beer, sandwiches and a BB gun. Larry’s plan was to float about 10 meters above his backyard, enjoy a few hours in the air, and then pop some balloons with his gun to get back down. But things did not go according to Larry’s plan.   When his friends cut the lines, Larry lifted by the 42 balloons and shot skyward at an astonishing speed. He finally settled at an altitude of 4,000 meters. Afraid to pop any of the balloons, in case he should break the balance of his “craft”, Larry sat, cold and frightened, in the sky for 14 hours.   Airline pilots heading toward Los Angeles’busy international airport radioed in reports of the strange sight. Larry’s presence in the sky caused numerous planes to change their routes. Eventually, Larry worked up the nerve to shoot a few balloons and landed in power lines. Uninjured, he climbed down to safety and was arrested by waiting police.   Larry set a record for a gas-filled balloon flight. But it cost him. He was later fined $1,500 for breaking air safety regulations. 68. What’s the BB gun used for in the passage?   A. To protect Larry from unexpected danger.&&& B. To fill the balloons with gas.   C. To shoot the balloons to get him back.&&&&&& D. To fight with the waiting police. 69. It turned out that Larry________.   A. floated about 10 meters high&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. remained in the sky for 14 hours   C. set a world record in making balloons&&&&&& D. became a truck driver after the flight 70. The underlined part in Paragraph 5 most probably means ____.   A. watched carefully&&&&&&&&&&&& B. gathered his courage  & C. kept his balance&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. climbed down 71. It can be learned from the passage that________.   A. Larry’s boyhood dream came true in the end   B. Larry’s disappearance in the sky caused much trouble   C. Larry won a prize of $1,500 for his bravery   D. Larry was not accepted as a pilot for his poor hearing
.Al had been working in this factory only eleven months, but he excelled at everything he did. He looked for new tasks-as an opportunity to gain experience. To him, mistakes were not to be denied but considered an opportunity to learn. He was, by far, the most capable man among his workmates, One day, when he was finishing his work of the day, he heard Jack calling him.“What are you going to do about…?” asked Jack.“I’ll come off the end rail,” interrupted Al.“No, I mean about Joe’s promotion?”“I’m going back to school,” Al said.“Excuse me!”“I’m going back to school,” Al repeated.“You mean you’re quitting!”Was it that simple? Is this why there was so much misery in men’s lives? “I’m going back to school” was just an excuse, and Al knew it, thought Jack, or Al would not be drunk. It seemed that Al would rather get drunk than fight for his happiness. But why? Jack had no answer.“Yes, and I’m going back to school. I don’t know what else to do. I can’t believe that this kind of thing can happen. Maybe if I get more education and a better job, it will be different.”“Do you really believe that?”“Well, what do you want we to do?” Al was getting angry: “I can’t stay here! I can’t work where the most incapable get the biggest reward! I can’t kill Joe and the boss like…”Al stopped. They both knew what this meant.“Like I did?”Al did not answer.“Yes, I killed two me yes, I got punished and lost my job-but I kept my soul!”Al undertood the hidden statement. Al did not know whether it was his anger, or the beer, or both that made him less cautious in the face. He held his hands firmly. Then be heard Jack: “You’ve got the right idea, Al. You’ve got to fight.”Al needed to think. Instead of taking the subway, he walked five miles back home. By the time he entered his bedroom, he climbed into bed. Turned off his mind, and fell asleed.67.Choose from the following a right word to describe Jack.A.Tough.&&&& B.Incapable. C.Lazy. D.Talkative.68.Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage? A.Jack was not happy about Joe’s promotion. B.Al and jack were workmates. C.The conversation between Al and Jack happened in their workplace. D.The conversation between Al and Jack happened during the working hours.69.What can we infer from the underlined part? A.Jack thinks Al has lost his soul. B.Jack used to be a killer. C.Al would be a killer. D.Don’t be a killer like Jack.70.Which of the following is true about Al at the end of the story? A.Al felt so tired from the long walk home and couldn’t help falling asleep. B.Al and made up his mind and knew what to do. C.Al forgot all that had happened. D.Al was too confused to think further.
.第三部分、阅读理解(共15个小题;每小题2分,满分30分)阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中,选出最佳选项。The richest countryTo reach the world’s richest country, you needn’t set out for the Middle East, but for the South Pacific, to a tiny dot just south of the equator, called Nauru. Only 8.2 square miles in size, the whole of this country can be seen from the air as the plane comes into land. The blue South Pacific reaches for thousands of miles in all directions, the nearest piece of land being Ocean Island 200 miles to the east.Nauro is so small that the plane lands in what is best regarded as the capital’s main street. The seaward side of the runway has traffic lights at each end to stop cars when planes are landing. The tiny bus station outside the airport is crowded with well-fed and brightly clothed Naurans with their modern cars.With Naurans now getting an average(平均) of $44,500 a year, the island’s 60,000 people seem to have little to worry about. A trip to the island’s central hump(隆峰) tells a slightly different story.The hump with a great deal of phosphate(磷酸盐) round is Nauru’s wealth. When Nauru gained freedom from the British government in 1908, about 40 million tons of the earliest 100 million tons of phosphate were left. Since it has taken out another 10 million tons, which leaves enough only for another 20-25 years.61.The best title of the text should be______.A. Wealth and population of NauruB. The most beautiful country in the worldC. A small island surrounded by the PacificD. A small but rich island country62.It can be inferred from the text that______.A.Nauru has not built a runway in the airport yetB.Nauru is not large enough to build the runway of the planeC.the Naurans are not rich enough to build a runway of the plane D.no cars run on the main street63.From the last sentence of the text we can learn that the writer wants to tell us______.A.why Naurans are so richB.something more about NauruC.something for Naurans to worry aboutD.how the British robbed Nauru of their wealth64.How many tons of phosphate will probably be taken out in Nauru a year?A. 2,000,000 to 2,500,000 tonsB. 2,800,000 to 3,500,000 tonsC. 1,200,000 to 1,500,000 tonsD. 400,000 to 500,000 tons
Delicate Arch Delicate Arch can be found in Arches National Park in Utah, USA. The arch stands alone at a height of 52 feet and is considered one of Utah's most important landmarks. In 2002, the Olympic torch passed through this arch to mark the beginning of the winter games. Wave Rock This 15-meter high and 110-meter long impressive natural rock formation is located in Western Australia. It looks like a large, smooth wave ready to break. Algae(海藻)grow on the surface of Wave Rock. The Wave The Wave is located on the slopes of the Coyote Buttes, Arizona, USA. This incredible formation can be reached by hiking approximately 4.8 kilometers, making the round trip to and from The Wave a nearly 9.7-kilometer hike that climbs about 107 meters in altitude. James Bond Island James Bond Island can be found in Aohang-Nga National Park in Thailand. The needle-shaped rock formation was named James Bond Island because it was featured in a 1974 Bond film The Man with the Golden Gun. Devil's Tower The formation known as Devil's Tower can be found in Wyoming, USA. Also known as Bear Tower, the rock formation is actually the neck of a volcano. It rises 386 meters above the surrounding land and the top of it is 1.558 meters above sea level. The Giant's Causeway The Giant's Causeway is located in Northern Ireland and has a series of over 40,000 columns made of basalt(玄武岩). Each column is connected and the formation is believed to be a result of volcanic ash. Believe it or not, when this formation was first discovered, scientists argued as to how it was formed. Some thought it was natural, others thought it was manmade, and some thought that perhaps it had been created by a giant! Bryce Canyon National Park One of the most impressive rock formations in the world is the Bryce Canyon in Utah, USA. It is a national park and despite its name, it is not actually a canyon, but rather a giant natural amphitheater( 圆形竞技场)created by erosion. Pierce Rock This rock formation is one of the largest natural arches in the world. This natural arch named Pierce Rock is an island in the Gulf of Saint Lawrence, Canada. It is 433 meters long,90 meters wide, and 88 meters at its highest point.55. Which of the following rock formations is located in Asia? A. Wave Rock.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. James Bond Island C. The Giant's Causeway.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Pierce Rock.56. Which of the following rock formations is related to a volcano?A. The Wave&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Devil's Tower. C. Bryce Canyon National park.&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Pierce Rock.57. Which of the following words can best describe the rock formations? A. Impressive.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Unexpected. C. Surprising.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Unexceptional.58. According to the passage, the scientists once argued with regard to__________at first. A. why Pierce Rock was so featured B. when Bryce Canyon National park came into being C. what on earth these formations are connected with D. how the Giant's Causeway was formed}

我要回帖

更多关于 第三人称怎么写 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信