||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
您现在的位置:&&>&&>&&>&&>&正文
2013年职称英语《综合类C级》模拟试题及答案1
来源:  11:30:47 【】 
  第4部分:阅读理解(第31~45题,每题3分,共45分)
  下面有3篇短文,每篇短文后有5道题,每道题后面都有4个选项。请仔细阅读短文并根据短文回答其后面的问题,从4个选项中选择1个最佳答案涂在答题卡相应的位置上。
  第一篇
  Sleep Necessary for Memories
  Burning the midnight oil before an exam or interview does harm to the performance according to a recent research which found that sleep is necessary for memories to be taken back into the brain. A good night's sleep within 30 hours of trying to remember a new task is a required condition of having good recall in the weeks ahead, scientists have found.
  The research, published in the December issue of Nature Neuroscience, showed that it was the act of sleep, rather than the simple passage of time, that was critical for long-term memory formation.
  "We think that getting that first night's sleep starts the process of memory consolidation (巩固)," said Robert Stickgold, a sleep researcher at Harvard Medical School who conducted the latest study.
  "It seems that memories normally wash out of the brain unless some process nails them down. My suspicion is that sleep is one of those things that does the flailing down," Professor Stickgold said.
  With about one in five people claiming that they are so chronically short of sleep that it affects their daily activities, the latest work emphasizes the less well-understood side effect- serious memory impairment (损害).
  Volunteers in an experiment found it easier to remember a memory task if they were allowed to sleep that night. But for those kept awake, no amount of subsequent sleep made up for the initial loss.
  Professor Stickgold's team trained 24 people to identify the direction of three diagonal (斜线形的) bars flashed for a sixtieth of a second on a computer screen full of horizontal (水平的) stripes.
  Half of the subjects were kept awake that night, while the others slept. Both groups were allowed to sleep for the second and third nights to make up for any differences in tiredness between the volunteers.
  Those who slept the first night were significantly and consistently better at remembering the task while the second group showed no improvement despite enjoying two nights of catch-up sleep.
  1 The research published in Nature Neuroscience showed that what was essential to the formation of long-term memory was
  A intelligence.
  B time.
  C food.
  D sleep.
  2 Which of the following statements about the research is NOT true?
  A It was done within 30 hours.
  B It was headed by Professor Stickgold.
  C It focused on long-term memory formation.
  D There were altogether 24 subjects in the experiment.
  3 Stickgold's research focused on the side effect produced by
  A memory impairment.
  B lack of sleep.
  C low work efficiency.
  D memory recall.
  4 In Stickgold's experiment, those who were kept awake on the first night
  A could very well remember the direction of the diagonal bars.
  B didn't do any better after two nights' sleep.
  C were as tired as those who were not.
  D could recall the direction of more bars than those who were not.
  5 Those who slept the first night
  A couldn't remember the task.
  B could not sleep the second and third nights.
  C performed slightly better than those who did not
  D did much better than those who did not.
  第二篇
  The Cherokee Nation
  Long before the white man came to America, the land belonged to the American Indian nations. The nation of the Cherokees lived in what is now the southeastern part of the United States.
  After the white man came, the Cherokees copied many of their ways. One Cherokee named Sequoyah saw how important reading and writing were to the white man. He decided to invent a way to write down the spoken Cherokee language. He began by making word pictures…… For each word he drew a picture. But that proved impossible - there were just too many words. Then he took the 85 sounds that made up the language. Using his own imagination and an English spelling book, Sequoyah invented a sign for each sound. His alphabet proved amazingly easy to learn. Before long, many Cherokees knew how to read and write in their own language. By 1828, they were even printing their own newspaper.
  In 1830, the U.S. Congress passed a law. It allowed the government to remove Indians from their lands. The Cherokees refused to go. They had lived on their lands for centuries. It belonged to them. Why should they go to a strange land far beyond the Mississippi River?
  The army was sent to drive the Cherokees out. Soldiers surrounded their villages and marched them at gunpoint (在枪口的威胁下) into the western territory. The sick, the old and the small children went in carts, along with their belongings, The rest of the people marched on foot or rode on horseback. It was November, yet many of them still wore their summer clothes. Cold and hungry, the Cherokees were quickly exhausted by the hardships of the journey. Many dropped dead and were buried by the roadside. When the last group arrived in their new home in March 1839, more than 4,000 had died. It was indeed a march of death.
  6 The Cherokees used to live
  A by the roadside.
  B in the southeastern part of the US.
  C beyond the Mississippi River.
  D in the western territory.
  7 Which of the following statements about Sequoyah is NOT true?
  A He was imaginative.
  B He was an Indian.
  C He was a white man.
  D He wrote down the spoken Cherokee language.
  8 A law was passed in 1830 to
  A allow the Cherokees to stay where they were.
  B stop the Cherokees using their own language.
  C force the Cherokees to move westward.
  D forbid the Cherokees to print their own newspaper.
  9 The Cherokees went to their new lands
  A in carts.
  B on horseback.
  C on foot.
  D all of the above.
  10 The word "exhausted' in the last paragraph could be best replaced by
  A worn out.
  B ended up.
  C run out.
  D finished up.
  第三篇
  Knitting
  My mother knew how to knit (纺织), but she never taught me. She assumed, as did many women of her generation, that knitting was no longer a skill worth passing down from mother to daughter. A combination of feminism (女权主义) and consumerism (消费主义) made many women feel that such homely accomplishments were now out of date. My Grandmother still knitted, though, and every Christmas she made a pair of socks for my brother and me, of red wool (毛线). They were the ones we wore under our ice skates (冰鞋), when it was really important to have warm feet.
  Knitting is a nervous habit that happens to be productive. It helped me quit smoking by giving my hands something else to do. It is wonderful for depression because no matter what else happens, you are creating something beautiful. Time spent in front of the television or just sitting is no longer time wasted.
  I love breathing life into the patterns. It's true magic, finding a neglected, dog-eared (翻旧了的) old book with the perfect snowflake design, buying the same Germantown wool my grandmother used, in the exact blue to match my daughter's eyes, taking it on the train with me every day for two months, working enthusiastically to get it done by Christmas, staying up late after the stockings are filled to sew in the sleeves and weave in the ends.
  Knitting has taught me patience. I know that if I just keep going, even if it takes months, there will be a reward. When I make a mistake, I know that anger will not fix it, and that I just have to go back and start over again.
  People often ask if I would do it for money, and the answer is always a definite no. In the first place, you could not pay me enough for the hours I put into a sweater. But more important, this is an activity I keep separate from such considerations. I knit to cover my children and other people I love in warmth and color. I knit to give them something earthly that money could never buy.
  Knitting gives my life an alternative rhythm to the daily deadline. By day I can write about Northern Ireland or the New York City Police Department and get paid for it, but on the train home, surrounded by people with laptops, I stage my little rebellion. I take out my old knitting bag and join the centuries of women who have knitted for love.
  11 Why did many women feel that knitting was out of date?
  A Because their mothers had not taught them.
  B Because they were influenced by feminism and consumerism
  C Because they were feminists.
  D Because they were consumerists.
  12 The author wore the red socks her grandmother had knitted for her
  A when she went to school.
  B when she went hiking.
  C when she celebrated Christmas.
  D when she went skating.
  13 The word "quit' in paragraph 2 is closest in meaning to
  A give up.
  B speed up.
  C slow down,
  D build up.
  14 According to the passage, which of the following statements is NOT true?
  A Knitting helps one get rid of bad habits.
  B Knitting helps one get free from a bad mood.
  C Knitting requires patience.
  D Knitting is a profit-making business.
  15 Which of the following is NOT the writer's purpose of knitting?
  A To save money.
  B To save time
  C To enrich her life,
  D To show her love for the family.&&&&&4&&&&&   编辑推荐:
文章责编:wuchong& 
看了本文的网友还看了
?&&( 7:46:45)?&&( 7:46:18)?&&( 10:45:26)?&&( 10:36:21)?&&( 10:27:02)?&&( 10:26:29)
在线名师:  
"职称英语新生代传奇 特色:个性乐观开朗,积极进取,追求创新...[]
在线名师:  
任教于北京著名大学外语系,曾任国家铁道部职称英语特别辅导教师...[]
在线名师:  著名英语教育专家;研究生、博士生导师;中国国家人事人才培训中心...[]
在线名师:  研究职称英语多年,颇有建树,曾经编著了《全国专业技术人员职称...[]
在线名师:  英语系高材生,曾任教于北京某大学外语系,拥有丰富的课堂教学经验...[]
? ?   ? ?   ? ?   ? ?   ? ?
? ?   ? ?   ?
职称英语考试栏目导航
实用工具 |
| 大全 | 大全
     |
版权声明:如果网所转载内容不慎侵犯了您的权益,请与我们联系,我们将会及时处理。如转载本内容,请注明出处。
Copyright & 2004-
 网 All Rights Reserved 
中国科学院研究生院权威支持(北京) 电 话:010- 传 真:010-2012年职称英语考试《卫生类》押题试卷(2)-中大网校_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
中大网校00.0浏览总量总评分
评价文档:
21页免费20页免费20页免费19页免费22页免费22页免费22页免费22页免费21页免费21页免费
2012年职称英语考试《卫生类》押题试卷(2)-中大网校|
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢2013年全国职称英语考试综合类押题试卷二及答案解析_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
24页¥2.0024页¥2.0015页免费23页¥2.0023页¥2.0012页免费11页免费17页免费107页1下载券18页免费
喜欢此文档的还喜欢121页1下载券12页免费19页免费9页免费29页1下载券
2013年全国职称英语考试综合类押题试卷二及答案解析|
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢2012职称英语考试A类试题
  职称英语2013年考试将于日举行(职称英语考试为全国统一考试),请广大考生做好备考准备。温馨提示,考试期间万不可紧张,在这考试之前好好准备,2013年职称英语16小时保你快速通关方案出来了。里面有、、,让您稳拿75分不是问题!下面小编为您整理了职称英语的押题试卷,点击进入吧。  另外,各考生们,考前除了看书,做题也是必不可少的哦,&&&& &等着您!
  2015报名: ||
  证书领取:
  考试交流群
职称英语网络课堂
职称英语综合类网络课程
全程导学监督系统+一对一个性化复习方案+精细化答疑系统+作文批改
职称英语理工类网络课程
高效的备考观念+强化听力课程+冲刺模拟预测试卷
职称英语卫生类网络课程
全程导学监督系统+一对一个性化复习方案+精细化答疑系统+作文批改
( 21635人 已观看 )
( 35628人 已观看 )
( 19542人 已观看 )
本文关键词:     
已有(0)条评论
3秒钟快速注册
文明上网,登录发帖
精选内容新闻排行校园热点
各地课程推荐深圳广州上海北京南京杭州苏州天津常年开课详询&&&&福田区常年开课详询&&&&福田区常年开课详询&&&&福田区常年开课详询&&&&徐汇区更多&&&常年开课¥1580&&&&越秀区常年开课¥800&&&&天河区常年开课¥1580&&&&越秀区常年开课¥1280&&&&天河区更多&&&常年开课¥600&&&&黄浦区常年开课¥1600&&&&黄浦区常年开课¥800&&&&黄浦区常年开课¥600&&&&黄浦区更多&&&常年开课详询&&&&东城区常年开课详询&&&&东城区常年开课详询&&&&东城区常年开课详询&&&&东城区更多&&&更多&&&常年开课详询&&&&下城区常年开课详询&&&&下城区常年开课详询&&&&下城区常年开课详询&&&&下城区更多&&&常年开课详询&&&&平江区常年开课详询&&&&平江区常年开课详询&&&&平江区常年开课详询&&&&平江区更多&&&常年开课详询&&&&和平区常年开课¥800&&&&河西区常年开课¥800&&&&河西区常年开课¥1500&&&&南开区更多&&&
8-268-268-268-268-268-20
8-268-268-268-268-268-20}

我要回帖

更多关于 2012年职称英语 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信