精彩栏目推荐新浪广告共享计划>
广告共享计划
湖南省长沙市长郡中学2014届高三上学期第四次月考试卷&英语&Word版含答案
(经典资料尽在此
炎德·英才大联考长郡中学2014届高三月考试卷(四)
长郡中学高三英语备课组组稿
(考试范围:综合考试十第11模块)
&&&&本试卷分为四个部分,包括听力、语言知识运用、阅读和书面表达。时量120分钟。满分150分。
Part&I&Listening&Comprehension&(30&marks)
Section&A&(22.&5&marks)
&&&&&&Directions:&&In&this&is&section&,&you&will&hear&six&conversations&between&two&speakers.&&For&each&conversation&,&&there&are&several&questions&and&each&question&is&followed&by&three&choices&marked&A&,B&and&C.&&Listen&carefully&and&then&choose&the&best&answer&for&each&question&.
&&&&&&You&&will&hear&each&conversation&TWICE&.
Conversation&1
1.&What&is&the&man&going&to&do?
&&&A.&Have&classes.&&&&&&&&&&&B.&Play&basketball.&&&&&&&&&C.&Go&to&swim.
2.&Where&is&the&woman&going&next?
&&&A.&To&the&recreation&center.&&B.&To&the&tennis&room.&&&&&&&C.&To&the&weight&room.
Conversation&2
3.&Where&is&the&man&now?
&&&A.&At&Platform&No.&4.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&At&State&Street&Station.
&&&C.&By&the&ticket&machines.
4.&Why&is&the&man&thankful&to&the&woman?
&&&A.&He&has&got&his&problem&solved.
&&&B.&He&knows&how&to&use&the&ticket&machine.
&&&C.&He&has&bought&a&ticket&for&the&Science&Museum.
Conversation&3
5.&What&is&Linda&busy&with&this&afternoon?
&&&&A.&The&party.&&&&&&&&&&&B.&The&working&plan.&&&&&&&C.&The&meeting.
6.&Why&does&the&man&call&the&woman?
&&&&A.&To&invite&her&to&a&party.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&To&help&him&meet&his&daughter.
&&&&C.&To&help&him&with&a&party's&preparation.
Conversation&4
7.&Whom&does&the&man&owe?
&&&&A.&The&landlady.&&&&&&&&B.&The&boss.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&The&bank.
8.&When&will&the&man&pay&the&woman&back?
A.&This&Friday.&&&&&&&&&B.&Next&Monday.&&&&&&&&&&C.&Next&Tuesday.
9.&How&much&does&the&woman&lend&to&the&man?
&&&A.&About&$&50.&&&&&&&&&&B.&About&$&100.&&&&&&&&&&&C.&About&$&150.
Conversation&5
10.&What&are&speakers&mainly&talking&about?
&&&&A.&The&man's&company.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&The&man's&mistake.
&&&&C.&The&man's&boss.
11.&What&does&the&man&think&of&his&head?
&&&&A.&Dishonest.&&&&&&&&&B.&Strict.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&Generous.
12.&How&will&the&woman&help&the&man?
&&&&&A.&She&can&lend&him&some&money.
&&&&&B.&She&will&comfort&him&and&make&him&feel&better.
&&&&&C.&She&can&let&him&move&in&her&room.
Conversation&6
13.&What&is&the&probable&relationship&between&the&two&speakers?
&&&&A.&Classmates.&&&&&&&&B.&Friends.&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&Teacher&and&student.
14.&How&long&should&the&report&be?
&&&&A.&Less&than&l0&pages.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&More&than&10&pages.
&&&&C.&No&requirement.
15.&What&can&we&know&about&the&final&exam?
&&&&A.&It&includes&a&summary&report.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&It&covers&only&the&lectures.
&&&&C.&It&includes&100&multiple-choice&questions.
Section&B&(7.&5&marks)
&&&&&&Directions:&In&this&section&,&you&will&hear&a&short&passage.&&Listen&carefully&and&then&fill&in&the&numbered&blanks&with&the&information&you've&got.&Fill&in&each&blank&with&NO&MORE&THAN&THREE&WORDS&.
&&&&&&You&will&hear&the&short&passage&TWICE&.
A&Training&Program-Learning&from&Adventure
Part&n&Language&Knowledge&(45&marks)
Section&A&(15&marks)
&&&&&&Directions&:&&Beneath&each&of&the&following&sentences&there&are&four&choices&,marked&A&,&&B,&&Cand&D.&&Choose&the&one&answer&that&best&completes&the&sentence&.
21.&It&never&will&rain&roses.&__________&we&want&to&have&more&roses.&we&must&plant&trees.
&&&&&A.&When&&&&&&&&&&&B.&Unless&&&&&&&&&&&C.&Until&&&&&&&&&&&&D.&While
22.A&student&at&a&Nevada&middle&school&opened&fire&on&campus,&wounding&two&l2-year-old&boys&&&&and__________&a&math&teacher.
A.&kill&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&killing&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&killed&&&&&&&&&&&D.&to&kill
23.&Not&until&all&the&fish&died&in&the&lake&__________&how&serious&the&pollution&was.
&&&&A.&did&the&villagers&realize&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&the&villagers&realized
&&&&C.&realized&the&villagers&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.&do&the&villagers&realize
24.&To&be&successful,&&you&need&to&remember&that&___________you&might&be&very&busy,&&you&need&to&be&energetic&and&enthusiastic.
&&&&A.&as&though&&&&&&&&&B.&in&case&&&&&&&&&&C.&even&if&&&&&&&&&&&&D.&now&that
25.&Only&when___________&according&to&the&directions&can&the&medicine&be&quite&effective.
&&&&A.&taking&&&&&&&&&&&B.&taken&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&being&taken&&&&&&&&D.&having&been&taken
26.&The&man__________has&made&up&his&mind&to&win&will&never&say&"impossible".
&&&&A.&whom&&&&&&&&&&&B.&when&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&which&&&&&&&&&&&&D.&who
27.&Listening&to&peaceful&music.&&as&well&as&taking&exercise,___________&a&lot&in&relieving&people&'s&sad&emotions.
&&&&A.&help&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&helped&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&helps&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.&are&helping
28.&Better&not&call&the&manager&between&8&and&9&this&evening,&for&he_________&an&important&&&&meeting&then.
&&&&&A.&will&have&&&&&&&B.&would&have&&&&&&&&C.&will&be&having&&&&&D.&will&have&had
29.&The&Grand&Theatre&is&located&on&one&corner&of________&is&called&the&People's&Square.
&&&&A.&which&&&&&&&&&&&B.&what&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&the&place&&&&&&&&&D.&that
30.&The&girl&had&been&suffering&from&the&lung&cancer,&yet&she&acted&as&if&nothing__________&to&her&&&&&while&we&were&together.
&&&&A.&happened&&&&&&&&B.&would&happen&&&&&&C.&has&happened&&&&&D.&had&happened
31.-1&hear&you've&got&a&set&of&valuable&coins.___________&I&have&a&look?
&&&-Yes,&certainly.
&&&&A.&Will&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&May&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&Shall&&&&&&&&&&&&D.&Should
32.&John&kept&looking&at&the&pretty&girl,&wondering&whether&he_________&her&somewhere.
&&&&&A.&saw&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&has&seen&&&&&&&&&&C.&sees&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.&had&seen
33.&Those&postcards&were&so&lovely&that&they_________&in&no&time.
&&&&A.&sold&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&had&been&sold&&&&&&C.&were&sold&&&&&&&&&D.&have&been&sold
34.&The&witnesses_________&by&the&police&just&now&described&the&fight&quite&differently.
&&&&A.&questioned&&&&&&B.&being&questioned&&&&C.&to&be&questioned&&&&D.&questioning
35.lt&was&his&positive&attitude&to&life&and&hard&work&_________finally&led&him&to&his&successful
&&&&career&.
&&&&A.&which&&&&&&&&&&B.&what&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&that&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.&as
Section&B&(18&marks)
&&&&&&Directions:&For&each&blank&in&the&following&passage&there&are&four&words&or&phrases&marked&A&,&B,&C&and&D.&&Fill&in&each&blank&with&the&word&or&phrase&that&best&fits&the&context.
&&&&&In&the&middle&of&a&beautiful&day,&I&was&feeling&lost,&as&if&the&world&was&crashing&on&me.&didn't&know&which&way&to&go,&except&to&head&out&to&the&countryside.&I&went&to&the&spot&where&I&used&to&take&my&kids-when&I&still&had&kids.&Now&they&had&&&36&&&and&were&leaving.
&&&&&&I&was&sitting&alone&in&my&car&when&I&saw&a&man&in&his&seventies,&whose&problem&appeared&bigger&than&mine.&He&stood&near&the&edge&of&the&road,&&&37&&&a&kite&spindle(风筝线锭)&in&his&hands.&Apparently,&lost&in&thought,&he&stared&skyward.&I&&&38&&&my&neck&to&see&how&successful&he&had&been&in&&&39&&&the&clouds.&Following&his&string&with&my&eyes,&I&almost&lost&&&40&&&0f&the&other&end.&Finally,&the&kite&rested&on&what&seemed&to&be&the&highest&branch&of&the&&&41&&&&tree&in&the&park.&&Obviously,&&that&was&his&grandson's&kite!&&The&kite&was&a&replica&(复制品)&of&a&beautiful&bald&eagle,&and&its&wings&spread&&&42&&&0pen.&Grandpa&had&only&one&&&43&&&to&his&problem:&cut&the&string.
&&&&&"You&wanted&it&to&fly&as&high&as&it&could.&Bill.&didn't&you?"&"Yes,&Grandpa,&&&&44&&&wanted&to&keep&it&forever.&"&"There&just&comes&a&time&when&the&only&thing&you&can&do&is&to&cut&the&string&and&let&it&go.&Perhaps&by&doing&that,&when&it&flies&very&high&like&real&eagles&do,&it&will&come&back&to&us.&"&Grandpa&said.
&&&&&I&&45&&&how&the&old&man&cut&the&string&to&let&fly&the&kite.&As&the&two&walked&away,&looked&to&the&&&46&&&.&There&I&saw&my&answer,&too.&Today&I&have&to&cut&the&final&strings&that&kept&my&two&boys&&&47&&&my&reach.&Though&I&want&to&keep&them&forever,&I&have&taught&them&to&fly&like&an&eagle.&Maybe&by&doing&this,&when&it's&time&to&soar&like&real&eagles&do.&one&day&they&would&come&back&to&me.
36.A.&grown&up&&&&&&&B.&turned&up&&&&&&C.&picked&up&&&&&&&D.&taken&up
37.A.&carrying&&&&&&&&B.&grabbing&&&&&&&C.&keeping&&&&&&&&D.&holding
38.A.&raised&&&&&&&&&&B.&spread&&&&&&&&&C.&stretched&&&&&&&D.&expanded
39.A.&reaching&&&&&&&&B.&touching&&&&&&&C.&getting&&&&&&&&D.&climbing
40.A.&scene&&&&&&&&&&B.&sight&&&&&&&&&&C.&interest&&&&&&&&D.&control
41.A.&thickest&&&&&&&&B.&strongest&&&&&&&C.&tallest&&&&&&&&&D.&largest
42.A.&widely&&&&&&&&&B.&wide&&&&&&&&&&C.&tightly&&&&&&&&&D.&closely
43.A.&method&&&&&&&&&B.&hope&&&&&&&&&&C.&solution&&&&&&&D.&result
44.A.&and&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&so&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&or&&&&&&&&&&&&D.&but
45.A.&sensed&&&&&&&&&B.&glanced&&&&&&&&C.&watched&&&&&&&D.&found
46.A.&car&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&sky&&&&&&&&&&&C.&kite&&&&&&&&&&&D.&tree
47.A.&within&&&&&&&&&B.&in&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&beyond&&&&&&&&D.&with
Section&C&(12&marks)
&&&&&&Directions&:&Complete&the&following&passage&by&filling&in&each&blank&with&one&word&that&best&fits&the&&context&.
&&&&&Time&is&something&from&which&we&can'&t&escape.&&Even&if&we&ignore&it,&&it's&still&going&by,&ticking&away,&second&by&second,&minute&by&minute,&hour&by&hour.&&&48&&&the&main&issue&in&using&your&time&well&is&"Who's&in&charge?"&We&can&allow&time&to&slip&by&&&49&&&&let&it&be&our&enemy.&Or&we&can&take&control&of&it&and&make&it&&&&&50&&&&&ally(同盟)&.
&&&&&&By&taking&control&of&&&&51&&&&you&spend&your&time,&you'll&increase&your&chances&of&becoming&&&&52&&&more&successful&student.&Perhaps&more&importantly,&the&better&you&are&at&managing&the&time&you&devote&&&53&&&your&studies,&the&more&time&you'II&have&to&spend&on&your&outside&interests&.
&&&&&&The&aim&of&time&management&is&&&54&&&to&schedule&every&moment&so&we&become&slaves&of&a&timetable&&55&&&governs&every&waking&moment&of&the&day.&Instead,&the&aim&is&to&make&informed&choices&as&to&how&we&use&our&time.
Part&Ⅲ&&Reading&Comprehension&(30&marks)
&&&&&&Directions&:&&Read&the&following&three&passages&.&&Each&passage&is&followed&by&several&questions&or&unfinished&statements&.&&For&each&of&them&there&are&four&choices&marked&A,&B,C&and&D.&&Choose&the&one&that&fits&best&according&to&the&information&given&in&the&passage&.
&&&&&Normally&a&student&must&attend&a&certain&number&of&courses&in&order&to&graduate,&and&each&course&which&he&attends&gives&him&a&credit&which&he&may&count&towards&a&degree.&In&many&American&universities&the&total&work&for&a&degree&consists&of&thirty-six&courses&each&lasting&for&one&semester.&A&typical&course&consists&of&three&classes&per&week&for&fifteen&&while&attending&a&university&a&student&will&probably&attend&four&or&five&courses&during&each&semester.&Normally&a&student&would&expect&to&take&four&years&attending&two&semesters&each&year.&It&is&possible&to&spread&the&period&of&work&for&the&degree&over&a&longer&period.&It&is&also&possible&for&a&student&to&move&between&one&university&and&another&during&his&degree&course,&though&this&is&not&in&fact&done&as&a&regular&practice.
&&&&&For&every&course&that&he&follows&a&student&is&given&a&grade,&which&is&recorded.&and&the&record&is&available&for&the&student&to&show&to&potential&employers.&&All&this&imposes(增加)&&a&constant&pressure&and&stress&of&work,&but&in&spite&of&this&some&students&still&find&time&for&great&activity&in&student&affairs.&Elections&to&positions&in&student&organizations&arouse&much&enthusiasm.&The&effective&work&of&maintaining&discipline&is&usually&performed&by&students&who&advise&the&academic&authorities.&Any&student&who&is&thought&to&have&broken&the&rules,&for&example,&by&cheating&has&to&appear&before&a&student&court.&With&the&enormous&numbers&of&students.&the&operation&of&the&system&does&involve&a&certain&amount&of&activity.&A&student&who&has&held&one&of&these&positions&of&authority&is&much&respected&and&it&will&be&of&benefit&to&him&later&in&his&career.
56.&Normally&a&student&would&at&least&attend&__________classes&each&week.
&&&&A.&36&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&12&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.&20&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.&15
57.&According&to&the&first&paragraph&an&American&student&is&allowed
&&&&A.&to&live&in&a&different&university
&&&&B.&to&change&permanently&his&or&her&university
&&&&C.&to&live&at&home&and&drive&to&classes
&&&&D.&to&get&two&degrees&from&two&different&universities
58.&American&university&students&are&usually&under&pressure&of&work&because__________.&&
&&&&A.&their&academic&performance&will&affect&their&future&careers
&&&&B.&they&are&heavily&involved&in&student&affairs
&&&&C.&they&have&to&obey&university&rules
&&&&D.&they&want&to&run&for&positions&of&authority
59.&Some&students&are&enthusiastic&for&positions&in&student&organizations&probably&because_________.
&&&&A.&they&hate&the&constant&pressure&and&stress&of&their&study
&&&&B.&they&will&then&be&able&to&stay&longer&in&the&university
&&&&C.&such&positions&help&them&get&better&jobs
&&&&D.&such&positions&are&usually&well&paid
60.&The&student&organizations&seem&to&be&effective&in__________.
&&&&A.&dealing&with&the&academic&affairs&of&the&university
&&&&B.&ensuring&that&the&students&observe&university&regulations
&&&&C.&evaluating&students'&performance&by&bringing&them&before&a&court
D.&keeping&up&the&students'&enthusiasm&for&social&activities
&&&&&I&have&always&known&my&kids&use&digital&communications&equipment&a&lot.&But&my&cellphone&bill&last&month&really&grabbed&my&attention.&My&son&had&come&up&to&nearly&2,000&incoming&text&messages,&and&had&sent&nearly&as&many.&Of&course,&he&was&out&of&school&for&the&summer&and&communicating&more&with&friends&from&a&distance.&Nevertheless,&he&found&time&to&keep&a&summer&job&and&complete&a&college&course&in&between&all&that&typing&with&thumb.
&&&&&I&was&even&more&surprised&to&learn&that&my&son&is&normal.&"Teenagers&with&cellphones&each&send&and&receive&2,272&text&messages&a&month&on&average,&"&Nielsen&Mobile&said.
&&&&&Some&experts&regret&&that&all&&that&&keyboard&jabber(键盘闲聊)&is&making&our&&kids&stupid,&unable&to&read&non-verbal&cues&such&as&facial&expressions,&gestures,&posture&and&other&silent&signals&of&mood&and&attitude.&Unlike&phones,&text&messaging&doesn't&even&allow&transmission&of&tone&of&voice&or&pauses,&says&Mark&Bauerlein,&author&called&The&Dumbest&Generation:&How&the&Digital&Age&Stupefies&Young&Americans&and&Jeopardizes&Our&Future.
&&&&&Beyond&that,&&though,&&I'm&not&sure&I&see&as&much&harm&as&critics&of&this&trend.&&I'&ve&posted&before&on&how&I&initially&tried&to&control&my&kids'&texting.&But&over&time,&I&have&seen&my&son&suffer&no&apparent&ill&effects,&and&he&gains&a&big&benefit,&continuing&contact&with&others.
&&&&&I&don't&think&texting&make&kids&stupid.&It&may&make&them&annoying,&when&they&try&to&text&and&talk&to&you&at&the&same&time.&And&it&may&make&them&distracted.&when&buzzing&text&message&interrupt&efforts&to&noodle&out&a&math&problem&or&finish&reading&for&school.
&&&&&But&I&don't&see&texting&harming&teens'&ability&to&communicate.&My&son&is&as&accustomed&to&nonverbal&cues&as&any&older&members&of&our&family.&I&have&found&him&more&engaged&and&easier&to&communicate&with&from&a&great&distance.&because&he&is&constantly&available&by&means&of&text&&message&and&responds&with&faithfulness&and&speed.
61.&What&is&Mark&Bauerlein&'&s&attitude&to&texting?
&&&&A.&It&is&convenient&for&teens&to&communicate&with&others.
&&&&B.&It&is&likely&to&cause&trouble&in&understanding&each&other.
&&&&C.&It&is&convenient&for&teens&to&text&and&call&at&the&same&time.
&&&&D.&It&will&cause&damage&to&the&development&of&teens'&intelligence.
62.&What&would&be&the&best&title&for&this&passage?
&&&&A.&For&Teens,&Texting&Instead&of&Talking
&&&&B.&For&Parents,&Caring&Much&for&Their&Kids
&&&&C.&Disadvantages&of&Texting
&&&&D.&The&Effect&of&Communication
63.&What&does&the&underlined&word&"distracted"&in&the&fifth&paragraph&mean?
&&&&A.&Confused.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.&Absent-minded.
&&&&C.&Comfortable.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.&Bad-tempered.
64.&The&author's&attitude&to&texting&is&___________&.
&&&&A.&objective&&&&&&&&&B.&opposed&&&&&&&&&&&C.&supportive&&&&&&&&&D.&doubtful
65.&According&to&the&passage,&&which&of&the&statements&is&NOT&true?
&&&&A.&It&is&normal&for&a&teen&to&send&or&receive&60&text&messages&per&day.
&&&&B.&Texting&is&a&very&popular&way&of&communication&among&teens.
&&&&C.&The&writer&limited&his&son&to&send&or&receive&messages&at&first.
D.&When&texting,&teens&don't&mind&talking&with&you.
&&&&&According&to&legend,&the&Bridge&of&Sighs&in&Venice,&Italy,&which&connects&the&Palazzo&Ducale&to&an&ancient&prison,&got&its&name&because&the&walk&across&it&gave&prisoners&on&their&way&to&jail&a&final&chance&to&enjoy&the&beauty&of&the&city.&The&view&from&the&bridge&today,&however,&is&more&likely&to&be&of&a&giant&billboard&selling&Bulgari&or&Coca-cola.
&&&&&But&when&the&Coke&billboards&went&up&this&summer&on&buildings&near&the&Piazza&San&Marco,which&is&at&the&historic&heart&of&Venice,&there&was&a&public&debate.
&&&&&"We&can't&commercialize&everything,&"&said&Alessandra&Mottola&&Molfino,&&a&Venetian.
&&&&&"We&couldn't&stay&quiet,&"&said&Maria&Camilla&Bianchini&d'Alberigo,&president&of&a&heritage&protection&association.
&&&&City&of&officials.&however,&argue&that&without&these&ads,&the&city&could&not&afford&to&maintain&its&heritage.&Many&have&been&damaged&by&centuries&of&wear&and&are&even&a&threat&to&public&safety.
&&&&&"I&can't&turn&down&the&image&of&a&bottle&when&there&are&pieces&of&the&Palazzo&Ducale&falling&to&the&ground,&"&said&Renata&Codello,&&a&Culture&Ministry&official.
&&&&&The&Culture&Minister&has&a&budget&of&about&$&47&million&(315&million&yuan)&for&restoration&of&monuments.&but&Italy&has&a&rich&architectural&heritage,&and&funds&are&always&tight.&Of&that&amount,&&$&1.&8&million&was&given&to&the&entire&Veneto&region,&which&includes&Venice.
&&&&&Two&years&ago,&the&city&signed&an&agreement&with&the&Dottor&Group,&a&company&responsible&for&the&restoration&of&the&Bridge&of&Sighs&and&the&Palazzo&Ducale.&It&allows&it&to&sell&ad&space.
&&&&&But&there&is&a&condition&in&the&agreement:&The&ads&should&not&offend&public&taste.
&&&&&In&August,&Venice&banned&US&actress&Julianne&Moore's&Bulgrari&ad&from&a&billboard&in&the&Piazza&San&Marco.
&&&&&The&photo&shows&a&naked&Moore&covered&with&lion&cubs.&handbags&and&jewelry.&Mayor&Giorgio&Orsoni&called&the&image&too&racy&(猥亵)&and&unsuitable&for&the&Piazza&San&Marco.
&&&&&"l&consider&the&fact&that&Venice&is&part&of&the&real&world_&but&we&cannot&accept&these&Hollywood-style&images.&There&are&wise&sponsors.&and&we&need&to&come&up&with&advertising&that&suits&Venice.&not&Times&Square,&"&he&said&in&a&speech.
66.&The&article&is&mainly&about__________in&Venice.
&&&&&A.&restoration&of&cultural&heritage
&&&&&B.&widespread&commercialization
&&&&&C.&the&conflict&between&ads&and&cultural&heritage
&&&&&D.&the&difficulty&of&restoring&monuments
67.&In&the&first&paragraph,&the&beautiful&view&from&the&Bridge&of&Sighs&is&mentioned&to__________.
&&&&A.&introduce&other&monuments&of&the&ancient&city
&&&&B.&show&many&ancient&structures&need&repairing
&&&&C.&indicate&that&the&view&is&blocked&by&huge&ads
&&&&D.&attract&readers'&interest&in&the&famous&city
68.&From&the&article&we&can&conclude&that&Renata&Codello__________&&the&advertising.
&&&&A.&is&in&favor&of&&&&&&&&B.&is&worried&about&&&&C.&objects&to&&&&&&&&&&&D.&doesn't&mind
69.&Why&do&many&Venetians&complain&about&the&ads?
&&&&A.&They&support&commercialization.
B.&They&feel&the&ads&are&damaging&the&city.
&&&&C.&The&ads&are&usually&racy&and&in&an&American&style.
&&&&D.&The&ads&don't&present&a&traditional&view&of&Venice.
70.&It&can&be&inferred&from&the&passage&that
&&&&A.&Hollywood&stars'&ads&cannot&go&up&in&Venice
&&&&B.&people&can&buy&Bulgari&or&Coca-cola&on&the&Bridge&of&Sighs
&&&&C.&the&Dottor&Group&may&stop&its&restoration&work&for&lack&of&funds
D.&the&mayor&of&Venice&is&expecting&new&advertising
PartⅣ&Writing&(45&marks)
Section&A&(10&marks)
&&&&&Directions&:&&Read&the&following&passage&.&&Fill&in&the&numbered&blanks&by&using&the&information&from&the&passage&.
&&&&&Write&NO&MORE&THAN&THREE&WORDS&for&each&answer&.
&&&&&Facebook&is&one&of&the&most&popular&websites&that&offer&social&networking&today&with&more&than&l&billion&users&around&the&world.&Online&social&networking&is&just&like-minded&people&coming&together&for&some&activities,&forming&groups,&having&discussions,&sharing&photographs,&etc.&Similarly,&Facebook&enables&all&these&activities&by&various&applications(运用程序)&,&for&example,&providing&forums,&photo&sharing&options.&video&updating,&keeping&a&track&on&all&the&happenings&in&their&formed&communities,&people&they&have&approved&to&be&linked&to,&etc.&Online&gaming&is&one&of&the&biggest&USPs(独特的卖点)&of&Facebook,&and&indeed,&games&like&Farmville&and&Mafia&Wars&have&attracted&many&users&to&the&site.&Facebook&also&offered&a&brilliant&platform&for&business&to&reach&out&to&their&customers.
&&&&&In&the&beginning,&Facebook&was&just&meant&for&Harvard&University&students&to&find&and&contact&fellow&students.&It&was&meant&to&serve&the&purpose&of&keeping&track&of&who&was&new&to&college&to&get&in&touch&with&each&other&for&project&purposes.&&It&was&an&online&directory(目录)&,&and&was&founded&in&2004&0n&the&Harvard&University&campus.&However,&as&soon&as&it&was&launched,&almost&two&thirds&of&the&total&number&of&students&registered&themselves&on&Facebook.&Mark&Elliot&Zuckerberg,&along&with&Chris&Hughes,&Dustin&Moskovitz.&and&Eduardo&Saverin.&helped&in&the&launch&of&the&site.&To&pursue&this,&Mark&dropped&out&of&Harvard&and&got&into&making&Facebook&a&worldwide&accessible&site,&and&then&to&its&current&stand&of&being&the&top&social&networking&site&in&the&world.
&&&&&Today,&Facebook&rules&the&social&networking&world,&with&one&person&in&fourteen&using&it.&It&is&also&the&second&most&popular&site&in&the&US,&and&is&worth&billions&of&dollars.&And&it&has&been&a&success&story&for&the&four&co-founders,&making&them&all&accidental&billionaires.
&&&&&Title&:&&Facebook-the&most&popular&social&networking&site&in&the&world
&I&.&Definition&:
&&&&&*One&popular&website&&&&&71&&&&
Ⅱ.&&&&72&&:
&&&&&*&Enabling&people&to&gather&for&&&73&&&&&0n&it
&&&&&*&&&74&&&&
*&Offering&a&brilliant&platform&for&businesses&to&reach&out&to&their&customers
Ⅲ&&&Birth&:
&&&&&*&Time:&in&2004
&&&&&*&Place:&&&&75
lV.&&&&76&&&:
&&&&&*&To&help&students&contact&each&other
V.&&&&77&&&:
&&&&&*&Mark&Elliot&Zuckerberg,&along&with&Chris&Hughes,&Dustin&Moskovitz,&and&Eduardo&Saverin
VI.&Popularity:
&&&&*&As&an&&&&&&78&&&&&&:&having&almost&two&thirds&of&the&students&on&it
&&&&*&As&the&top&social&networking&site&:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&ruling&&the&social&networking&;
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&having&over&&&&&79&&&&&in&the&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&being&&&&80&&&&&billions&of&dollars
Section&B&(10&marks)
&&&&&Directions:&Read&the&following&passage.&&Answer&the.&questions&according&to&the&information&given&in&the&passage.
&&&&&&As&an&English&teacher.&I've&been&lucky&enough&to&travel&to&many&countries.&I've&seen&people&celebrating&everything&from&the&arrival&of&new&babies&to&the&delivery&of&new&cars.&I've&attended&weddings,&parties&and&religious&celebrations&in&countries&as&far&apart&as&Argentina&and&Japan,&and&I've&noticed&that&gold&-&the&metal&or&the&colour&is&almost&always&part&of&cultural&events,&traditions&and&celebrations.
&&&&&&From&&'mashallah'&&gold&tokens(纪念品)&&that&people&give&to&babies&in&Turkey,&&to&the&gold&stars&that&primary&teachers&stick&on&their&students'&exercise&books.&to&the&gold&coffin&that&the&'King&of&Pop'&Michael&Jackson&was&buried&in.&it&makes&me&wonder:&Why&do&people&love&gold?
&&&&&&For&some&people,&gold&seems&to&be&a&status&symbol.&Indian&businessman&Datta&Phuge&loves&gold&so&much&that&he's&even&bought&a&shirt&made&of&the&stuff-at&a&cost&of&$&250,000.&Datta&Phuge&has&his&reasons.&&&He&explains&:&&"Some&elite&(杰出人物)people&want&to&own&an&Audi&or&Mercedes(奔驰)&and&have&big&cars.&I&chose&gold.&"
&&&&&&For&other&people,&gold&is&an&investment.&&The&price&of&gold&generally&increases&over&time-and&in&European&markets&it&reached&over&$&1,500&per&ounce&in&2011.
&&&&&&And&for&many&people,&the&family&heirloom(传家宝)brings&together&status&and&investment.&My&mother&has&a&gold&bracelet&that&was&given&to&her&by&her&grandmother-who,&in&turn.&inherited&it
from&her&own&grandmother.&&&It's&quite&a&heavy&piece&and&probably&worth&quite&a&lot&of&money.&&But&its&sentimental&value&is&greater&than&its&value&in&dollars:&&It&'&s&a&beautiful&object&that&holds&many&family&memories.&When&the&time&comes,&my&mum&will&give&the&bracelet&to&me.
&&&&&So,&status&and&investment&are&good&reasons&to&value&gold.&But,&I&think&that&the&real&reason&people&love&gold&is&because&it&can&be&made&into&beautiful&objects.&&Think&about&Tutankhamen'&s&death&mask.&People&love&gold&because&it&captures&our&minds,&our&imaginations&and.&above&all,&our&hearts.
81.&What&did&the&writer&observe&while&travelling&in&different&countries7&&(&No&more&than&15&words)
&&&&(2&marks)
82.&Why&did&Indian&businessman&Datta&Phuge&buy&a&gold&shirt?&(No&more&than&7&words)&(3&marks)
&&_____________________________________________________________________________
83.&What&does&the&writer&think&of&her&mother's&gold&bracelet?&(No&more&than&7&words)&(2&marks)
84.&In&the&writer's&opinion,&why&do&people&love&gold?&(No&more&than&17&words)&(3&marks)
Section&C(25&marks)
&&&&Directions:&Write&an&English&cornposition&according&to&the&instructions&given&below&inChinese。
&&&&读图并请根据你对这幅图片的理解,结合写作要求用英语写一篇词数不少于120词的短文。
写作要求:
1.简要描述图片(如:内容、寓意);
2.帮助他人的原因、好处:
3.你自己将如何帮助他人。
1.&可参照图片里的文字以及文章的开头提示,
做必要的发挥想象;
2.开头已写好,不计入总词数;
3.作文中不得提及有关考生的真实信息。
Whether&to&help&others&is&an&issue&concerning&everyone.&Some&people_______________________

我要回帖

更多关于 江西省2012高三联考 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信